Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

1 minute ago, Bastet said:

Gee, shocking - Oklahoma goes to Trump.  I have a shit ton of family there, and probably every single one of them voted for Trump.  I'm so embarrassed by that I'd only admit it here under the cloak of anonymity.

I feel ya, I had to listen to a long rant today on how Hillary had her maid print out her classified emails and then she turned her into a newt or something (I tuned out at some point).

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, kittykat said:

Clinton in the lead 54%-42%.  Whew.

That puts in on Virginia (if the worst case happens with Florida).

But... if Trump somehow won Florida, Virginia, and Ohio, then in that case it would come down to Arizona, believe it or not. Whether Clinton wins OR loses Nevada.

So basically Clinton wins if any of the following happens:

She wins Florida.
She wins Virginia.
She wins Ohio.
She wins ARIZONA.

Err. I think. At least playing with the 270towin.com's user generated result maps seems to say that.

Edited by Kromm
1 minute ago, random chance said:

I feel ya, I had to listen to a long rant today on how Hillary had her maid print out her classified emails and then she turned her into a newt or something (I tuned out at some point).

I already voted for her, but I would vote for her twice if she could turn Trump into a newt.

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

Hillary is winning Ohio by 9% and if she wins Ohio, it's all over for Donald Trump!

Right. Running the numbers, Ohio, Florida, Virginia OR even Arizona are all enough, even if she loses all of the others, presuming there are no other major upsets in states projected as firmly Blue. The Arizona-only (of the battlegrounds) scenario being the real squeeker of a win, where she'd only win 271 to 267.

Edited by Kromm

It's okay. My dad voted for Trump in MO. Fortunately, my mom voted for Hillary, so their votes canceled each other out.

My parents are both Republicans and would probably rather gouge their eyes out than vote for Hillary.  If that translates to voting for Trump, I don't ever want to know.  I'm not asking; political differences notwithstanding, we're really close and get along pretty well, but it truly would break my heart if they voted for that man.  I'm going to tell myself they abstained.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, LotusFlower said:

Why did I think Tammy Duckworth was already in Congress?

She was in the Illinois state senate previously, I think. 

Edited by Pixel

I just have a huge smile on my face listening to that first time voter Jacob was talking to on MSNBC. That was me in '92, when I was standing in line to vote for Clinton. Actually that was the ONLY time any of the media asked me who I was voting for and why/what was important to me.

• Love 4
1 minute ago, AmandaPanda said:

She was in the House of Representatives. She just got elected to the Senate.

1 minute ago, Pixel said:

She was in the Illinois state senate previously, I think. 

Thanks, guys.  Duh!  (I figured that was the case right after I asked the question).

5 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

How many of the precincts are reporting?

And, what's going on in Pennsylvania?

I think, according to that map thingie, Hillary is at 93% to Drumpf's 6% in PA.

YES! Van Hollen for MD SENATE!!!!

HOLY SHIT! HILLAR has some huge leads in two counties in NC!!!!

ETA: What in the Bluedilly FUCK, FLORIDA???!!!!!!

Edited by GHScorpiosRule
  • Love 4
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

I just have a huge smile on my face listening to that first time voter Jacob was talking to on MSNBC. That was me in '92, when I was standing in line to vote for Clinton. Actually that was the ONLY time any of the media asked me who I was voting for and why/what was important to me.

So happy to see for ONCE that Scarborough V.2.0 finally found a positive Clinton supporter.  It's been a long wait.

• Love 3

In other news out of NC, early results show Roy Cooper leading incumbent governor Pat McCrory (the HB2 champion) by 51.3% to 46.8%, a difference of 16K votes.  I hope this is the last we see of McCrory. 

Edited by Moose135
  • Love 4