Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

1 minute ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Da fuck? If there are votes too early to call, then why are you fucking bringing them up to say "too close to call?"

Too early to call means that the exit polls point to one candidate ahead, but they want to wait on some raw vote totals, too close to call means just that.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, GHScorpiosRule said:

Da fuck? If there are votes too early to call, then why are you fucking bringing them up to say "too close to call?"

No surprise that Kintuckeee and Indiana went to the Orange Bloward.

My, but this hot toddy is doing the trick.

Hey, I voted for Clinton!  I knew KY would go to that prick

• Love 4

FYI:

Too early to call means not enough information has come in.

Too close to call means that there's not a clear winner based on the information.

Both need more information to call, but too close to call in a place like Georgia is scary to Republicans where too close to call in Pennsylvania would be scary for Democrats. Too early to call isn't scary for anyone because it's lack of information and not based on data at that point.

• Love 1

Hi everyone!  You probably won't see much from me tonight--these live threads are hard for me to keep up with, but I'll be checking in from time to time. 

I'm in CA and watching MSNBC for now, but may change it from time to time.  The movie I went to was a big help, but now I'm back to being anxious again.

• Love 1
1 minute ago, Rapunzel said:

Can't wait to see how FL is going - many reports have claimed that if Trump loses FL, he's done.

First county in Florida went to Trump, it was a small county on the Gulf side

2 minutes ago, Frost said:

I hate that there are even a few minutes where Donald is 'leading' this election.  I feel sick

That's how it was with Romney in 2012. So I'm not panicking. YET.

Why do they have that Nosferatu on???!!! First it's the Bleached Blonde bottle Crypt Keeper, now HIM??

Where are the Hillary people?

6 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I want to throw up right now. (NBC says Trump currently has 19 EVs; Clinton has 3.)

Then don't watch in the middle part of this (because the "heartland" part of the night will be Red after Red after Red after Red.

Likely by the time we leave the East, Clinton will have a big lead, then you will spend some time getting more and more anxious as more and more Trump wins appear. Then the West Coast has some Blue states again.

Then again it does depend on when polls close I guess. So there will be a bunch of spillover in both directions. And as others have said, places that er... count fast vs. count slow.

Then again, CA, WA and OR are SO reliably blue it's not like anyone has to wait to "call" results before they're totally counted. CO, NM, NV and AZ going as expected or not may be far more nail biting. 

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 2
2 minutes ago, WendyCR72 said:

I want to throw up right now. (NBC says Trump currently has 19 EVs; Clinton has 3.)

No no, don't throw up!  Remember, these reports are coming from the red states that were predicted long ago to go for Trump. These are states with sparsely populated areas. It's the big cities like Philadelphia that will make the differences.

16 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Kentucky and Indiana mean nothing to Democrats

Neither state means anything in the presidential race, but if Evan Bayh of Indiana can take the seat currently held by a Republican, it can change the balance of the Senate.

Bayh is in trouble in IN.  My family still lives there.  Brother said he was trailing in the polls, and it wasn't looking good.  Now the Dem for Governor (filling the now vacant Pence office), looks like he could win.  He was close last election against Pence.  

3 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Then don't watch in the middle part of this (because the "heartland" part of the night will be Red after Red after Red after Red.

Weren't they able to call it for Obama in 2012 before midnight EST?  Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long tonight, either.

• Love 2

MSNBC is hilarious tonight.

Chris Matthews: "Blah, blah blah solid South racism. . "

Eugene Robinson: "I know, I was there."

Guiliani interview,

Guiliani: "Why did you associate our campaign with white nationalists?"

Matthews: "I didn't do that."

Rachel Maddow (gleefully): "I did!"

• Love 14
2 minutes ago, Shannon L. said:

Weren't they able to call it for Obama in 2012 before midnight EST?  Hopefully, we won't have to wait too long tonight, either.

1 minute ago, AmandaPanda said:

I think they did in 2008 as well. 

It was called at 11PM ET in 2008 and at 11:17pm ET in 2012.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, xaxat said:

MSNBC is hilarious tonight.

Chris Matthews: "Blah, blah blah solid South racism. . "

Eugene Robinson: "I know, I was there."

Guiliani interview,

Guiliani: "Why did you associate our campaign with white nationalists?"

Matthews: "I didn't do that."

Rachel Maddow (gleefully): "I did!"

Rachel Maddow is life 

• Love 8
Just now, AimingforYoko said:

Oooh, good point. I just always mix them up.

Grrrr, lol.  Kornacki makes me stabby and Hayes used to be my on teevee nerdy geeky boyfriend - but he's been replaced by 538's Harry Enten....

::swoon::

Don't think to ill of my love of the youngsters.

• Love 2