Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

Just now, xaxat said:

Oh, I forgot to list my drug of choice for tonight.

Psilocybe cubensis (aka "magic mushrooms")

(Uh. . . did I just say that out loud?)

My homemade wild fermented hard cider! (Yeah, that sounds better.)

Only  an hour to go before polls close in NY and I'm still bombarded by ads for local contests. Please make it stop!

ohhh, I miss magic mushrooms fermented hard cider.

• Love 2

Maybe I'm a bit too confident here, but I think Hillary has got Florida, but the networks don't want to call it too early because most of the drama leaks out of the evening because without Florida it's virtually impossible for Trump to win, most of the drama is gone for the evening for the Presidential race.

Edited by pennben
  • Love 5
Just now, HumblePi said:

Not yet, too early to call Ohio

Buzzkill!  (But of course you're right).

Let's not forget 2012 when Karl Rove on Fox refused to believe that Romney lost Ohio, even though all networks, including Fox, called it for Obama.  (A favorite memory of mine).

• Love 7

My husband, a Gary Johnson voter, is the Unlikely Voice of Reason in my household, keeping me calm by saying "Trump isn't gonna win. He'd have to win at least one state that he is expected to lose." I am remaining calm. I am remaining calm. I am remaining calm.

And I can't even drink tonight because I'm on Watching Our Toddler duty while my husband goes to a work dinner :(

• Love 1
1 minute ago, pennben said:

Maybe I'm a bit too confident here, but I think Hillary has got Florida, but the networks don't want to call it to early because most of the drama leaks out of the evening because without Florida, most of the drama is gone for the evening for the Presidential race.

The good thing is, Hillary doesn't HAVE to win FL to win. She has other paths.  However, Trump pretty much has to win FL to stand a chance.  

• Love 2
Just now, backgroundnoise said:

Kornicki is almost unwatchable.  Stop with all the white voters stuff.

Shouldn't all this demographic breakdown be done after the results are all in, to explain the outcome?

11 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Love! I'm one of those people who is calmed by Forensic Files. I fall asleep to it, because I know the good guys will catch the bad guys. That and the late, great Peter Thomas' narration.

I love his voice.  The new episodes make me sad.

7 minutes ago, Frost said:

I'm watching Too Cute on Animal Planet. 

I wish I could, I don't get Animal Planet.   Stupid Time Warner Cable.

Gee, shocking - Oklahoma goes to Trump.  I have a shit ton of family there, and probably every single one of them voted for Trump.  I'm so embarrassed by that I'd only admit it here under the cloak of anonymity. (Oh, I just remembered I have a total leftist cousin in Tulsa.  Yeah -- sorry about the rest of my family, folks.)

Rubio.  Fuck that guy.

Edited by Bastet
  • Love 8

The Charlotte Observer is reporting that from results of early voting in NC, which was posted after the polls closed, in three major urban areas, Charlotte, Raleigh, and Greensboro, Clinton is significantly outperforming President Obama's numbers from 2012 early voting.

• Love 2

I'm in NJ.  I'm in a very red part of the state.  There were fucktards around here who actually thought we'd go red because they stood on line with other fucktards wearing Trump t-shirts and MAGA hats.

Google Oxford, NJ images and you'll see Trump has a bit of a base in these parts of NJ, blue as this state tends to be.

There was never any doubt how this state would go, but I'm still soooo happy to see it!!

• Love 2
Just now, Bastet said:

Gee, shocking - Oklahoma goes to Trump.  I have a shit ton of family there, and probably every single one of them voted for Trump.  I'm so embarrassed by that I'd only admit it here under the cloak of anonymity.

Rubio is a disgusting waste of cells.

It's okay. My dad voted for Trump in MO. Fortunately, my mom voted for Hillary, so their votes canceled each other out.