Type keyword(s) to search

LIVE CHAT: Election Night 2016 (11/8/2016)

1 minute ago, Rosiejuliemom said:

Not to mention Keith Olbermann. He absolutely eviscerated Trump on his GQ show.

Olbermann is well and truly fucked. He needs to move NOW (well by the Inauguration).

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, Silly Angel said:

I take solace in a suspicion that Trump's narcissism, arrogance, ignorance, stupidity and overall vileness will so alienate those he has to work with--the House and Senate, the Joint Chiefs of Staff, leaders of other countries--will so cripple his monarchy early on that he will be somehow deposed forthwith. He's going to bobble something, a big something, and if we live through it and it doesn't involve the nuclear codes, he will be forced out.

Oh god, what have I said? That leaves Mike Pence in charge.

Exactly.  Did we grossly underestimate the level of mysogny out there?  Otherwise, I don't get it.

Penn and Wisconsin are 30 combined
 that would give Trump the 280 he needs
 so there, watch those two and freak out if Trumps gets them both Pennsylvania will be the big worry

Edited by HumblePi

If not a serious, sober, super qualified female candidate like Hillary, then who?

If people wanted Michelle Obama, well, she wasn't running and she endorsed Hillary.

If they wanted a female celebrity Trump, well, good luck with that. 

In the real world, political candidates don't get much better than Clinton in terms of being able to do the job and up to the job.

• Love 7
1 minute ago, Kromm said:

Olbermann is well and truly fucked. He needs to move NOW (well by the Inauguration).

And then have a Radio Free Europe type show that  can listen to illegally so that I'm not thrown in the gulag . 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Looks like my decision to leave NC is well and truly a done deal. Not sure where to go though.

I work from home, and go anywhere, but I want somewhere warm and affordable.

I'm seriously thinking about putting my home up for sale and getting the fuck out of here.  Not being dramatic, either.

• Love 2
1 minute ago, HumblePi said:

California WINS 55 votes Oregon WINS 7 votes Hawaii 4 votes  HILLARY 209  TRUMP 172

I need to know what else you are counting for that to be true...

Iowa seems to be leaning for Clinton, which I wasn't counting on, but nothing else has moved the way needed. 

Florida was like 103K votes. SERIOUSLY! Fucking seriously. Fucking Florida.

• Love 2

If HC loses, one of the main reasons is because she's a woman. No one will ever convince me otherwise.

Whatever the outcome, her gender was a significant factor in this election.  Not only will no one convince me otherwise, I'm at the point where if someone said it to my face right now I would punch them.  So it's a good thing I'm holed up with my cat.  And she's a liberal feminist.

• Love 10

It will be very sad to me if Hillary loses because not enough women came out for her.  I'm not saying you have to vote for someone because they are a woman but I've never understood why some women perceive her with actual hatred and find someone like Trump with his track record with women preferable.  It's incomprehensible to me.   Hillary had plenty of admirable qualities for women (and men) to admire.  Why didn't more of them connect with her but rather with a horrible person like Trump?

Internalized misogyny? A very long history of patriarchal influence and paternalism that serves certain demographics of women relatively well? Sometimes it's easy to forget that history wasn't so far back in the past. And clearly everyone isn't ready to let it go.

• Love 5

NC was predicted for Trump, however that still leaves him trailing Hillary with still significant states left to follow. MI and WI are still not in, including the biggest counties that are most likely to go blue. FL also is not in, and if Trump loses it, as has been mentioned multiple times, he is going to have a hard time winning this.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 4

This all is going to come down to turnout. I'm thinking despite all the buzz about minorities voting in droves, we're going to find out that lazy ass Millennials didn't.

Well that and that so many of them made up the 3% of so skew of Gary Johnson voters.

Edited by Kromm
  • Love 1
Just now, madmaverick said:

If not a serious, sober, super qualified female candidate like Hillary, then who?

If people wanted Michelle Obama, well, she wasn't running and she endorsed Hillary.

If they wanted a female celebrity Trump, well, good luck with that. 

In the real world, political candidates don't get much better than Clinton in terms of being able to do the job and up to the job.

To play dampener here, HRC comes with a lot of baggage. Yes, a lot of that is tied to 30 years of witchhunt by the Republicans. But there are legitimately problematic things in her CV and in her agenda. That was part of the reason why Obama won the primaries in 2008, he just didn't have the extended history (good and bad) that could be attacked from all sides.

• Love 7

This all is going to come down to turnout. I'm thinking despite all the buzz about minorities voting in droves, we're going to find out that lazy ass Millennials didn't.

Again, Asian millennial voter here. Can we please stop turning on each other?

• Love 10
1 minute ago, katha said:

To play dampener here, HRC comes with a lot of baggage. Yes, a lot of that is tied to 30 years of witchhunt by the Republicans. But there are legitimately problematic things in her CV and in her agenda. That was part of the reason why Obama won the primaries in 2008, he just didn't have the extended history (good and bad) that could be attacked from all sides.

I hear you.  But her opponent was just about the most unqualified, most offensive, most unfit candidate ever!  Should not have been a contest if people knew what was truly good for a country.

• Love 12

Well I'll tell you the first thing I'm doing; I'm heading down to my local IRS office and telling them they're not getting a damn thing from me, if my president doesn't believe in paying taxes then the hell they're getting anything from me.

• Love 6

White female college graduate millennial here. Everyone I know voted Hillary including me.

• Love 5

Which is why - again, regardless of how this comes out - while the majority of my ire is directed at those who voted for Trump, those who knew Trump is a hideously unqualified and, in fact, dangerous presidential candidate yet decided not to vote for Hillary are not excused.

• Love 6

I'm sickened. My state (FL)  went to Trump thanks to Gary Johnson. Fuck the 3rd party voters and their candidates. I bet their protest votes feel oh-so-cool now don't they? If I see even one of them complaining about President Trump, I might get arrest for assault. Seriously....fuck them.

Edited by AgentRXS
  • Love 10

“It is possible to take him seriously and also remember he’s a clown. Yes, he’s a dangerous clown. He’s a clown with a knife, but at the end of the day he’s still a fucking clown,” said Meyers.

This quote about Trump from Seth Meyers from last March, which was funny at the time, all I'm thinking at the moment. 

• Love 3

Kunal Nayyar (Raj on "The Big Bang Theory") and Kumail Nanjiani (from "Silicon Valley") both tweeted with the last hour that if this election turns out horribly they are either afraid of the color of their skin or looking for a way to bleach their skin. And neither was kidding.

Is THIS what people who voted for that fucker wanted?

Never mind, don't answer that.

• Love 1
4 minutes ago, Kromm said:

Well that and that so many of them made up the 3% of so skew of Gary Johnson voters.

As a millennial I'm disgusted by so many of my peers. Either they peddled the bullshit "huurrrrr both sides are equally bad!!11!" non-argument or they just couldn't be assed to vote. 

Edited by Spacecow