Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

Did anyone catch Shannon hawk her new food on QVC yesterday? I really hope this becomes successful for her. The change in her personal eating habits has done her a world of good. Besides the weight loss she has a glow (but that might just be her new boyfriend).

• Love 6

Shannon, on the newbies...

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/10/08/real-housewives-of-orange-county-shannon-beador-new-housewife-out-of-line/23554532/

"I’d like to address what apparently I will be seeing [later in the season]," she told us when we asked what she'd like to talk about on this season's reunion. "The labels that Emily Simpson has made on me ... I just think she’s out of line. I didn’t threaten to kill someone at a party. If you’re going to start questioning my mental capacity, then I’ll throw it right back at ya, gal."

<snip>

"I will admit -- because I will own my part -- that I don’t like change," she said. "When two new girls come in and they’re almost half my age, it’s like, okay... We don’t have that much in common, so you get to a point where you have to prioritize. I have a business, I have three kids on my own and I’m going through things that are taking up my time, so should I put those aside so I can spend time with a 32-year-old?"

• Love 8
3 hours ago, nexxie said:

"I will admit -- because I will own my part -- that I don’t like change," she said. "When two new girls come in and they’re almost half my age, it’s like, okay... We don’t have that much in common, so you get to a point where you have to prioritize. I have a business, I have three kids on my own and I’m going through things that are taking up my time, so should I put those aside so I can spend time with a 32-year-old?"

Well, yes, poppet, especially since you're being paid to do so. I like Shanny but suck it up and do your TV job, girl!

• Love 17

I'm going to put this here on the Shannon thread, and not indicate the specifics.

I found Shannon's new house, from E12 footage.   RHOC does some tricky things - all the aerial photos and even the front-of-house shots are reversed left to right.  But I somehow recognized the area even though it didn't make sense, and then finally I was able to find their trick.

Anyway, it;s in zip 92625

House has 5 bedrooms, 3600 sqft, est price about 3M, last sold in 2014.  Zillow estimates monthly rent at 11k.  Streetview shows contractors working on the home a month before her divorce.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 7
21 hours ago, SCS said:

Well, yes, poppet, especially since you're being paid to do so. I like Shanny but suck it up and do your TV job, girl!

I don't like Shannon.  David was right about her being a spoiled brat and expecting everything her way.  I think she puts on this act of  self depricating humor, but in reality she just craves the attention.  Her screaming and carrying on just irks me to no end.  Seriously, Shannon you have to hang out with women (who are *gasp* younger and hotter than you) while you get (over) paid for it.  Cry me a river!!

She's just Vicki in a prettier package without the cancer scam.

• Love 5
On 10/9/2018 at 1:58 PM, SCS said:

Especially since it wasn't that long ago that she was the new Housewife. How would she have liked it if someone said the same about her on her first season?  I'm saying this as Shannon fan and I'm not at all a fan of the newbies.  

• Love 14
On 10/11/2018 at 3:57 PM, Maharincess said:

Especially since it wasn't that long ago that she was the new Housewife. How would she have liked it if someone said the same about her on her first season?  I'm saying this as Shannon fan and I'm not at all a fan of the newbies.  

I get what you’re saying, but Shannon was a newbie of a certain age, marrried, and a mother - just like most of the other housewives.

I will also add that Shannon paid her dues, running the gauntlet of her first season between pretend friend/back stabber Tamra, and classy lady, can we have her committed, Heather.  Shannon didn’t exactly get a warm welcome herself.

• Love 15
8 minutes ago, RedheadZombie said:

I get what you’re saying, but Shannon was a newbie of a certain age, marrried, and a mother - just like most of the other housewives.

I will also add that Shannon paid her dues, running the gauntlet of her first season between pretend friend/back stabber Tamra, and classy lady, can we have her committed, Heather.  Shannon didn’t exactly get a warm welcome herself.

I just don’t see where Shannon has treated them poorly. Has she been a little standoffish? Sure but that’s only after Gina told her to stay in her lane and after Emily continues to ask about “fun Shannon.” Quite honestly Emily would only have asked me that once before I kicked her in the face. That’s on par with telling someone to smile. 

Edited by bagger
Because Gina and Emily are not one person.
  • Love 16

I get Shannon not wanting to warm right up to the new girls. I'm a lot like Shannon, in that it takes me a LOT of time to let down my guard and become close with people. If it ever happens. Plus, Gina came hard for her from the minute she started the show. It was quite obvious, to me. 

That being said, Shannon could keep her guard up without being SO icy and snobby. She's just coming off as rude to everyone, not just the new girls. And I think where it really gets me is that she's choosing to buddy back up with Vicki fucking Gunvalson. If you can forgive that cancer-scamming scumbag, surely you could show a bit more manners when on a group vacation. 

I generally like Shannon best on OC, but her behavior this past episode was a real downer, for me. 

• Love 7

I get Shannon not wanting to warm right up to the new girls. I'm a lot like Shannon, in that it takes me a LOT of time to let down my guard and become close with people. If it ever happens.

This is why Shannon is such a contradiction to me. It took her no time at all to warm up to Tamra and Vicki in her first season. If Heather hadn't been so childishly jealous of her immediate bond with Tamra and Vicki, Shannon would have been just as open with her. So, while she claims it takes time for her to let her guard down, we have seen plenty of evidence to the contrary in her first season on the show. Her second season is when she started acting like she was an Original and had no time for the new girl (Mehgan). And I suspect that was only because she was voted Favorite Housewife and it went to her head. 

• Love 4

With all of Shannon's divorce money woes, I am wondering - when she first came on, I thought the story on her was that she was from an extremely wealthy family. In fact, I recall the speculation was that most of the money was hers - that was how they were able to buy that huge house, etc. Was that just all rumor and not true? Anyone know the dirt about that?

• Love 2

Saw on Ep13 that Shannon's new residence has sold and she is upset...but can stay through the lease...which is to (or in) September,

Seems like she took a lease for less than a year, whoa!

She wants to make a stable life for her kids.....well consider whether being on a reality tv show best serves that.  Oh, but if you got off RHOC, your QVC food sales might not happen.  Darn choices!

• Love 1
49 minutes ago, lawyergal said:

With all of Shannon's divorce money woes, I am wondering - when she first came on, I thought the story on her was that she was from an extremely wealthy family. In fact, I recall the speculation was that most of the money was hers - that was how they were able to buy that huge house, etc. Was that just all rumor and not true? Anyone know the dirt about that?

From what I have gathered, Shannon grew up in an affluent home but everything stated about trust funds and estates was unsubstantiated internet rumors. Any trust fund would have been declared in the divorce filing, as that would be considered an asset and a source of income. There was nothing. She relies on her income from the show and David's salary.

• Love 5

Thanks, LilaFowler. I was thinking no way she gets $30,000 in monthly support if she has a trust fund. Frankly, it makes David's success all the more impressive (even if he is a total ass). She did not fund him, nor did she alleviate the need for cash flow for the household by the use of her own funds. 

• Love 4

Some people have mentioned divorce filings.  I don't know directly how to find them, but have found some pdf's at radaronline.

Below are some writeups AND a 10/15/2018 filing from David just yesterday.

I have bolded the pdf's for easy reference

https://radaronline.com/exclusives/2018/03/rhoc-shannon-beador-income-revealed-divorce-docs/
article 3/11
leads to
3/07/2018
https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/rhoc-shannon-beador-income-revealed-divorce-docs-signed.pdf

Shannon has 38k/mo expenses
        made 350k in 2017
      she estimates him at 179k/MO

. . .

https://people.com/tv/david-beador-response-shannon-divorce-filing/
3/2018

“I am requesting the Court enter an order providing for joint legal custody and award me 50 percent physical custody of the children. Such orders would serve the children’s best interests. While the children (Stella and Adeline) have resided with Shannon, since separation, the children, on several occasions have refused to talk or see me,” the documents state. “This behavior has been tolerated in Shannon’s home and is not in the best interests of the children. I have requested they spend nights with me however they have expressed concerns for their mother in this event.”

David also claims in the documents that “Shannon is not fostering or encouraging a healthy father child relationship. Moreover, Shannon’s employment encourages excess drinking and extended travel to which Shannon has chosen not to inform me and make accommodations for the kids to stay with me while she is away.”

“Shannon earns between $500,00 and $600,00 per year. … She again perjured herself stating I earned ‘five times’ the amount she earns. In fact, my salary is $5,000 per week, $262,000 per year and I take distributions averaging approximately $175,000 per year. My ‘take-home’ pay is thus less than what Shannon makes,” the documents state.

also
“I have paid Shannon’s attorneys fees and costs that I am aware of to date as she was not working under her new employment contract,” the documents state. “She has now presumably signed that contract and is getting her salary paid monthly. I no longer control her finances. She now has the financial capacity to pay her own attorney fees and whatever forensics the court wishes to be done.”

- - 
searching further at radaronline, find the pdf for the above
https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/Shannon-beador-divorce-david-beador-accuses-excess-drinking-docs.pdf
3/12/2018

David claims she makes more than he
    he makes 5k/week +175k/yr

-- -
article 3/22
https://people.com/tv/shannon-david-beador-divorce-child-spousal-support/

in court 3/16

The Real Housewives of Orange County star, 53 — who split from David in September after 17 years of marriage — was in a California courtroom on Friday where, according to documents obtained by PEOPLE, she was awarded joint legal and physical custody of their three daughters as well as $22,500 per month for temporary non-taxable child and spousal support.

At Friday’s court appearance, David — who was representing himself — was originally ordered to pay Shannon $30,000 per month for temporary non-taxable child and spousal support, court documents state. But Shannon and her lawyer proposed a smaller amount of $22,500 per moth.

Payments are without prejudice and subject to retroactive modification dating back to Dec. 1, 2017, the date Shannon filed for divorce. They’ll meet again in court in July, where an accountant analyzing each party’s income will present results for the judge.

If the support order is greater than $22,500 per month, David will owe Shannon additional support for the period; if the order is less than $22,500 per month, Shannon will be charged with the excess support she has received.

OCTOBER 15, 2018 - -Hot off the presses!
https://radaronline.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/10/rhoc-shannon-beador-income-husband-david-expense-declaration-divorce-war-docs.pdf

Shannon's Sched C  - made $423k
David's monthly expenses 12.25k
Shannon's monthly 30.235k

he estimates her monthly income at 65k/mo

• Love 2
6 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

“Shannon earns between $500,00 and $600,00 per year. … She again perjured herself stating I earned ‘five times’ the amount she earns. In fact, my salary is $5,000 per week, $262,000 per year and I take distributions averaging approximately $175,000 per year. My ‘take-home’ pay is thus less than what Shannon makes,” the documents state.

Remember the house w/the diamond walls or healthy air or whatever the fuck it had plus a basketball court???  One couldn't afford that if they made 175k a year with no other income!  I call BS

• Love 20
20 minutes ago, teapot said:

Remember the house w/the diamond walls or healthy air or whatever the fuck it had plus a basketball court???  One couldn't afford that if they made 175k a year with no other income!  I call BS

David said his salary is $5,000 per week.  The $175,000 a year is a distribution (presumably his share of profits) paid in addition to the salary.

Edited by Anne Thrax
  • Love 4
9 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

“I am requesting the Court enter an order providing for joint legal custody and award me 50 percent physical custody of the children. Such orders would serve the children’s best interests. While the children (Stella and Adeline) have resided with Shannon, since separation, the children, on several occasions have refused to talk or see me,” the documents state. “This behavior has been tolerated in Shannon’s home and is not in the best interests of the children. I have requested they spend nights with me however they have expressed concerns for their mother in this event.”

I can believe this.  I'll bet Shannon guilts those girls if they even think about wanting to see their dad.  I can see her leaning on those girls and not wanting to lose control of them.  I think her older girl taking on some of the same roles that Brianna did with Icki.  Filling her needs and trying to keep mama calm.  So sad.  I don't condone David's behavior, but he did seem like he loved his girls and was a calming influence.  There is no reason he should be shut out of their lives.  I'm sure Shannon fills their heads with nasty stories all the time.  

23 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

This is why Shannon is such a contradiction to me. It took her no time at all to warm up to Tamra and Vicki in her first season. If Heather hadn't been so childishly jealous of her immediate bond with Tamra and Vicki, Shannon would have been just as open with her. So, while she claims it takes time for her to let her guard down, we have seen plenty of evidence to the contrary in her first season on the show. Her second season is when she started acting like she was an Original and had no time for the new girl (Mehgan). And I suspect that was only because she was voted Favorite Housewife and it went to her head. 

Shannon had to get along with the housewives in place to cement her status.  Now that she has gained popularity, she can let her true colors fly. Nasty piece of work. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, teapot said:

8 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

David said his salary is $5,000 per week.  The $175,000 a year is a distribution (presumably his share of profits) paid in addition to the salary.

Shannon filed saying she believes David's income is 179k/month.  This due no doubt to some other funds coming from his company.  He claims the company loses money most years.  Routine google searches says he is worth 20million.  There will be an evaluation of the company's worth, if it was 20M, then Shannon would get 10M I suppose.  Other reports of the antics outside courtroom said David fears certain evaluations would destroy his company, I assume because he would have to sell it.

Neither Shannon or David listed much in assets, but certain parts of the form they just listed 'unknown' or TBD.  I was surprised that they claimed zero investments or income from investments.

I saw an article say they had a home in Crystal Cove (2-3 years ago) which sold for 12.X million.  So they have a couple of million from that unless they blew it somehow.

CORRECTION: for 9 Million in 2016

https://www.ocregister.com/2016/04/29/real-housewife-shannon-beador-sells-her-eco-friendly-crystal-cove-house-for-9-million/

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
21 hours ago, MajorNelson said:

Shannon filed saying she believes David's income is 179k/month.  This due no doubt to some other funds coming from his company.  He claims the company loses money most years.  Routine google searches says he is worth 20million.  There will be an evaluation of the company's worth, if it was 20M, then Shannon would get 10M I suppose.  Other reports of the antics outside courtroom said David fears certain evaluations would destroy his company, I assume because he would have to sell it.

Neither Shannon or David listed much in assets, but certain parts of the form they just listed 'unknown' or TBD.  I was surprised that they claimed zero investments or income from investments.

I saw an article say they had a home in Crystal Cove (2-3 years ago) which sold for 12.X million.  So they have a couple of million from that unless they blew it somehow.

CORRECTION: for 9 Million in 2016

https://www.ocregister.com/2016/04/29/real-housewife-shannon-beador-sells-her-eco-friendly-crystal-cove-house-for-9-million/

It's possible what David fears is close scrutiny of the books.  I'm sure we'll hear if he's been shady.

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Anne Thrax said:

It's possible what David fears is close scrutiny of the books.  I'm sure we'll hear if he's been shady.

Well even without such problems, if he doesn't have the cash I can imagine selling off the company would be a  huge blow.  Btw, he mentioned in the court documents that Shannon will use her own forensic accountant.

22 minutes ago, Reality police said:

Why would he offer her 30k a month if thats all he makes? He can't afford that according to those numbers.

Pretty sure he didn't offer that, more likely a court-ordered number.  Has to be based on something...tax returns?  I'm not sure how it works.  If she's just getting involved with forensic accountants (according to someone I read here), then that number had to come from some belief that he could cover it, to the satisfaction of a judge, at least preliminarily.  There are law folks here that will probably set me straight, lol.

Edited by SuprSuprElevated
  • Love 5

So, I bought Shannon’s veggie burgers from QVC. I got the combo pack of three different kinds. They’re not labeled, so I have no idea which one I tried, but it was just okay. Not great, but not terrible. And I generally like most veggie burgers (unless they are quinoa based). I will try another one at some point, but I don’t have high hopes. 

• Love 8
33 minutes ago, SimonSeymour said:

So, I bought Shannon’s veggie burgers from QVC. I got the combo pack of three different kinds. They’re not labeled, so I have no idea which one I tried, but it was just okay. Not great, but not terrible. And I generally like most veggie burgers (unless they are quinoa based). I will try another one at some point, but I don’t have high hopes. 

Why don't you call QVC and complain about the lack of labels?    Maybe they'll send you a freebie.

Edited by AnnA
  • Love 7
5 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

That whole food line seems to have been developed and brought to market in a short amount of time.  I'd wager Shannon's involvement is about as deep as Ramona's when she slapped a label on someone's bottles of Pinot Grigio which is just about the same thing all of them do....even Bethany and her jeans and cold cuts.

Shannon has yet to impress and she gets loonier every year - or rather we're seeing more of what was already there, i.e. much of what David objected to (although expressed shittily).  

Edited by Jextella
  • Love 6
20 hours ago, SimonSeymour said:

Damn, that's a shame. I was hoping Shan would hit it out of the park with a great product that had some lasting power. Is there any kind of a let-us-know-what-you-thought link or postcard? I imagine the product marketing peeps would want full info included in the packaging.

Edited by SCS
  • Love 3
7 hours ago, SCS said:

Damn, that's a shame. I was hoping Shan would hit it out of the park with a great product that had some lasting power. Is there any kind of a let-us-know-what-you-thought link or postcard? I imagine the product marketing peeps would want full info included in the packaging.

QVC has a product review section on their website. I think you have to create a user profile to vote/comment.

• Love 2

David was ordered to pay Shannon 32k a month originally, wasn't he? Then Shannon told us at that she dropped it, as a gesture of goodwill, to low 20s? I saw this article last night and these people are supposed to be going through NYC's 'ugliest divorce' and they seem to have really big bucks. There was mention of a wedding that was rumoured to have cost 20 million, amongst other examples of ridiculousness.  Given the spousal support similarity, makes you wonder how wealthy Shannon and David really are. I knew they were 'wealthy', but the correlation in spousal support makes me think they are next level. Especially compared to the rest of the women on OC.

"In August, Page Six reported that the judge ordered David to pony up $25,000 a month in spousal support to Libbie — a downgrade from the $3.5 million-a-year lifestyle she claimed to be accustomed to in court papers."

https://nypost.com/2018/12/15/inside-nycs-messiest-multimillion-dollar-divorce/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pagesixdaily&utm_content=20181216&tpcc=pagesix_daily&mpweb=755-7500025-719109060

Edited by queenjen
  • Love 2
13 hours ago, queenjen said:

David was ordered to pay Shannon 32k a month originally, wasn't he? Then Shannon told us at that she dropped it, as a gesture of goodwill, to low 20s? I saw this article last night and these people are supposed to be going through NYC's 'ugliest divorce' and they seem to have really big bucks. There was mention of a wedding that was rumoured to have cost 20 million, amongst other examples of ridiculousness.  Given the spousal support similarity, makes you wonder how wealthy Shannon and David really are. I knew they were 'wealthy', but the correlation in spousal support makes me think they are next level. Especially compared to the rest of the women on OC.

"In August, Page Six reported that the judge ordered David to pony up $25,000 a month in spousal support to Libbie — a downgrade from the $3.5 million-a-year lifestyle she claimed to be accustomed to in court papers."

https://nypost.com/2018/12/15/inside-nycs-messiest-multimillion-dollar-divorce/?utm_source=maropost&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=pagesixdaily&utm_content=20181216&tpcc=pagesix_daily&mpweb=755-7500025-719109060

I know nothing about the law, but these divorces are in two different states, and different standards do apply.

• Love 4
17 hours ago, queenjen said:

"The court ordered" the $22.5k/mo via something that David and Shannon agreed to offline and presented to the court, as part of like a 9 page agreement they mutually agreed to.

eta: It is weird to me that the court originally ordered the 30k/mo when David says his annual income is $260k + $175k bonus.  Also weird that Shannon claims his income is $179k per MONTH.

Edited by MajorNelson
  • Love 2
23 hours ago, walnutqueen said:

Moneymakers can afford creative accountants.  

Yeah, he was clearly lying and the court knew it or it would not have initially ordered the $30K a month, which Shannon offered to have cut to the $22K. Either one would be most of his salary, right?

• Love 2
On 12/17/2018 at 10:34 AM, walnutqueen said:

Moneymakers can afford creative accountants.

3 hours ago, politichick said:

Yeah, he was clearly lying and the court knew it or it would not have initially ordered the $30K a month, which Shannon offered to have cut to the $22K. Either one would be most of his salary, right?

No divorce was worse than Ladies of London's Scot Young, who hid hundreds of millions from his ex-wife and went to prison rather than turn over the money that the court awarded to his ex. He later died in a very suspicious suicide that seemed like it was orchestrated by some shady Russians who might have helped him hide the money. They've never been able to find the money. I imagine it's small comfort to Shannon that David doesn't loathe her enough to involve plutocrats and the mob.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/fabulous/5360845/michelle-young-ex-scot-young-divorce-millionaire/

• Love 4

Looks like David is asking for an order preventing Shannon from drinking around the girls.  There must be some drama going on with the girls/David/Shannon because at the reunion Shannon mentioned that she "innocently" asked about dinner at David's new house and it caused all kinds of trouble, resulting in her being ordered to stop discussing the time the girls spend at David's house.  I'm sure she is really negative about his girlfriend, etc. and I do understand that, but seeing how she behaves, I believe she probably goes from speaking very negatively about their dad to crying and being the victim (as usual).  I hope she can put her girls first and make it easy for them to have a relationship with their dad, but this is Shannon, so it probably won't happen.  She might find that those girls enjoy the happy, laid back life at dad's house and she will find herself alone. 

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6510155/RHOC-Shannon-Beadors-estranged-ex-files-order-prevent-drinking-three-kids.html

• Love 3

From the article above:

All of the girls are being asked to return!' a source told Radar Online on Monday.

'There was such great chemistry between all of the ladies this past season and the fights were so authentic and over-the-top.'

Boo

• Love 4

Saw an AMA with Shannon from September...

https://www.reddit.com/r/BravoRealHousewives/comments/9mqo51/its_shannon_beador_from_rhoc_ask_me_anything/

Saw a few highlights about production:

q
On a regular day of filming, are you given a schedule by the producers or does the camera crew shadow you "organically"?
a
We film Tuesday through Saturday and we just tell production what we're up to and they come film us when they want to.

q
Are you friends with your crew? What are your normal shooting hours like?
a
So the crew is like family to me. My kids and I get so sad when we wrap because we're so used to having them around all the time! Our show has three crews and we're "not allowed" to feed them... but that's not always the case with Shannon Beador.

• Love 1
On 3/24/2018 at 7:29 AM, Jel said:

I agree -- asshole move.  Taking her somewhere she wouldn't like for her big birthday dinner is passive aggressive, like so much of what he does.  Shannon is no prize, one of those "high maintenance who thinks she's low maintenance" types -- disapproving, judgy, perpetual victim, never satisfied, but David is supremely passive aggressive, which is also awful to deal with.  They are both terrible in a lot of ways.  

I could be wrong, but I thought one of the girls picked the place and David just went along with it.

• Love 1
On 10/9/2018 at 11:07 AM, nexxie said:

Shannon, on the newbies...

https://www.aol.com/article/entertainment/2018/10/08/real-housewives-of-orange-county-shannon-beador-new-housewife-out-of-line/23554532/

"I’d like to address what apparently I will be seeing [later in the season]," she told us when we asked what she'd like to talk about on this season's reunion. "The labels that Emily Simpson has made on me ... I just think she’s out of line. I didn’t threaten to kill someone at a party. If you’re going to start questioning my mental capacity, then I’ll throw it right back at ya, gal."

<snip>

Shannon has a real thing with age. I remember her constantly using Meghan’s age as an insult. She seems to feel instantly competitive with women under 40. I’m sure it’s tied to The Affair, but it’s kind of weird.

• Love 3