Type keyword(s) to search

Shannon Beador: Magic Crystals and Nine Lemons

• Start Topic

On 3/18/2018 at 1:27 AM, diadochokinesis said:

I think he is laying the groundwork for shutting his company down.  It is a way to stick it to Shannon. 

As far as the kids being filmed...  To me, if you don't allow kids of divorce to film then the married ones shouldn't be allowed to film either. As long as they are showing more happy-type events (girls at sporting events, more of the band playing, etc) then that is cool.  I don't want it to be though Shannon badmouthing the dad to the girls. That isn't healthy. 

Right. I think a lot of it is because he dragged her back into court over a frivolous claim.  They weren't supposed to be in court.  He initiated it.  It was found to be false/unnecessary.  So why make Shannon pay for it when she had nothing to do with it?

That is exactly what happened.  The judge found the claim frivolous and awarded attorney fees.  Basically,  it was a warning shot.  Don't try to pull this shit again because it will cost you. 

His income claim is also bullshit.  He owns a company.  Any decent CPA knows how to file earnings vs income with the IRS.  He says he made a measly $1 million? Probably pocketed 3 times that annually. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

But who abused who?  It sounds like Shannon was the one who got physical.

What? When? 

I do think it is odd that David pled guilty and got 3 years probation for battery.  I wouldn't take Shannon's word that nothing happened.  It is shockingly common for women in abusive relationships to make excuses or accept blame. 

Not defending Vickie.  She obviously brought it up to hurt Shannon,  not out of concern. 

• Love 4
(edited)
On June 16, 2018 at 8:13 AM, CatMomma said:

What? When? 

I do think it is odd that David pled guilty and got 3 years probation for battery.  I wouldn't take Shannon's word that nothing happened.  It is shockingly common for women in abusive relationships to make excuses or accept blame. 

Not defending Vickie.  She obviously brought it up to hurt Shannon,  not out of concern. 

On the season 11 reunion, Shannon said that during the incident to which Vicki had been referring, she (Shannon) and David had been out at a restaurant not very long after Shannon discovered The Affair. At said dinner, Shannon proceeded to get blackout drunk or was "slipped something." Shannon herself asserts that the commotion Vicki heard on the phone which she subsequently characterized as Shannon "screaming for her life" was, in fact, Shannon attempting to drunkenly break down the door to Adaline's room after David had locked himself inside in order to get away from her.

Iirc, the 2003 domestic violence police visit was not what Vicki was referring to (at least primarily) when she initially aired some of the Beador marital dirty laundry to Kelly during filming.

Edited by lunastartron
  • Love 8

I thought Shannon had become unruly and David had tried to restrain her.  After the whole Micky Finn episode, which sounds like such bullshit.

correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Shannon call the cops to stop the argument?   

If she’s trying to break a door down it sounds like she was the aggressor in that situation.  If she was lashing out physically, he may have caught her arms and bruised her.  

• Love 2
9 hours ago, Mu Shu said:I thought Shannon had become unruly and David had tried to restrain her.  After the whole Micky Finn episode, which sounds like such bullshit.

correct me if I’m wrong, but didn’t Shannon call the cops to stop the argument?   

If she’s trying to break a door down it sounds like she was the aggressor in that situation.  If she was lashing out physically, he may have caught her arms and bruised her.  

There were two dv incidents of which viewers know. The 2003 episode is the one during which Shannon claimed that she called the police just because she wanted a verbal argument to stop; this is same occurrence for which David was charged and accepted a plea deal. 

The second incident (the one discussed on the show) occurred between seasons nine and ten. It did not include a 911 call. And, yes, you're right: after Shannon was "slipped something"'by a mysterious ne'er do well, David discovered her stumbling and disoriented several blocks away from the restaurant, then presumably had to corral her home before the attempt to break down the door.

And that's the version that Shannon wasn't too embarrassed to share on national television. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, lunastartron said:

The second incident (the one discussed on the show) occurred between seasons nine and ten. It did not include a 911 call. And, yes, you're right: after Shannon was "slipped something"'by a mysterious ne'er do well, David discovered her stumbling and disoriented several blocks away from the restaurant, then presumably had to corral her home before the attempt to break down the door.

Don't forget she was bleeding when he found her! To this day, I still find that to be one of the strangest stories to emerge at a reunion - it has all the veracity of Kim Zolciaks' cancer diagnosis at Chili's.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

Don't forget she was bleeding when he found her! To this day, I still find that to be one of the strangest stories to emerge at a reunion - it has all the veracity of Kim Zolciaks' cancer diagnosis at Chili's.

And Vicki was so worried/concerned about Shannon's safety because of David's alleged past abuse she called 911 and went to help Shannon! NOT! Even Vicki didn't think Shannon was being abused by David that night despite how she tried to sell that story later at the reunion. LOL

• Love 6
On 6/16/2018 at 11:13 AM, CatMomma said:

I thought Kelly was the one who brought up the domestic violence stuff, in the Bus from Hell in Ireland? Vicki confided in Kelly (big mistake) who then shouted it on the bus when she felt she was being attacked. That's what got everyone talking about it.

• Love 3
(edited)

Anyone know if Shannon and Vicki have buried the last season feud? I’m hoping not to start season three with Vicki whining about having no friends. AND, I’m really hoping that her only friend is NOT Kelly. So, sorry, Shannon... can you please take one for the team? How good are your acting skills??? If we can do it, you can! 

Edited by Taralightner
  • Love 3
21 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

Anyone know if Shannon and Vicki have buried the last season feud? I’m hoping not to start season three with Vicki whining about having no friends. AND, I’m really hoping that her only friend is NOT Kelly. So, sorry, Shannon... can you please take one for the team? How good are your acting skills??? If we can do it, you can! 

Based on what I see on Instagram, they're all "friends" again.

For now.

• Love 5

It's tough to say. I think Tamra and Shannon know that the show needs them to be friends. But I also think Shannon will not hesitate to trot out all of Vicki's past crimes the second they get into any kind of future argument. 

• Love 4

I’m leaving the addition of Tamra out of it because that’s a whole new dynamic. But, if Tamra causes a renewed fight between Vicki and Shannon, that counts. The bet is: how long can Shannon hold it together, and keep the smile, fake or not, with Vicki? 

• Love 1
Just now, Taralightner said:

I’m leaving the addition of Tamra out of it because that’s a whole new dynamic. But, if Tamra causes a renewed fight between Vicki and Shannon, that counts. The bet is: how long can Shannon hold it together, and keep the smile, fake or not, with Vicki? 

Got it.

• Love 2
39 minutes ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

They're still posting Instagram pics of each other, so I think it has stuck.

Darn it! I hate Vicki with the combined vigor of those who hate Bethany and Phaedra combined. I want her gone.

• Love 6
32 minutes ago, Taralightner said:

It's interesting to remember that Shannon and Vicki were friends long before Shannon and Tamra were friends. And it was a genuine friendship, they genuinely cared about each other. It does make me curious what things will be like between them in the new era. Will it be totally fake? Will they get similarly close again? We see in the preview that Shannon and Tamra get into it.

• Love 3

I think if they're friendly now on IG, the blow up will happen earlier in the season rather than later. And they'll be friends again by the reunion. 

Reason #56895 why no network would want ME on a reality show - when I cut you out, it's for LIFE. 

• Love 5
6 minutes ago, ghoulina said:

I think if they're friendly now on IG, the blow up will happen earlier in the season rather than later. And they'll be friends again by the reunion. 

Reason #56895 why no network would want ME on a reality show - when I cut you out, it's for LIFE. 

Oh no you don't Ghoulina!  To play along in our little contest, one must commit to an episode number.  I'm sorry but those are the rules, and we must have rules else there'd be chaos in the village!

• Love 4
2 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I’m in. I say at the end of episode 8 so they can have some fights for a few shows and then a dramatic makeup at the reunion (no pun on their faces intended). 

@SuprSuprElevated You need to make a tally of all of our bets! 

Crap, now I have a job.  <jk>

I'll do it.  Were they all in this thread?  Ah, I'll look into it.

• Love 3
Just now, SuprSuprElevated said:

Crap, now I have a job.  <jk>

I'll do it.  Were they all in this thread?  Ah, I'll look into it.

I think they are all in this thread. So far I think there are 4 of us. Perhaps they’d let you make a betting on the housewives thread. 

• Love 2
10 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

I think they are all in this thread. So far I think there are 4 of us. Perhaps they’d let you make a betting on the housewives thread. 

To help: 

I said ep 3

Sweetie Darling has end of 4 into 5 

Nightmeri - 1st commercial of ep 4 

mindthinkr -end of 8

I know there are a few more... but these were attached to notifications for me. 

• Love 3
59 minutes ago, SuprSuprElevated said:

Oh no you don't Ghoulina!  To play along in our little contest, one must commit to an episode number.  I'm sorry but those are the rules, and we must have rules else there'd be chaos in the village!

Yes, ma'am! 

Okay, I'll say they'll blow up in episode 5. 

• Love 5

Btw- I CAN be creative, but my fear of being locked out of sites because I can’t remember my own user name overrid the temptation to come up with something clever. Also, since I came here to discuss mostly reality tv, I thought I’d keep it as real as I hope that reality stars would. 

• Love 2

Do we win some sort of bragging rights if we hit the friendship death pool on the head? I would like to edit my blank avatar so it is wearing a tiara.  (Not like Lydia and her unicorn Mom- a cool tiara)

• Love 3

It was Tamra, Shannon, and Meghan vs Vicki last season and they still couldn't get rid of her. I think Shannon realizes that if she wants to stay on the show she has to pretend to get along. I predict that Shannon and Vicki aren't going to have a major fight this season.

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, LilaFowler said:

It was Tamra, Shannon, and Meghan vs Vicki last season and they still couldn't get rid of her. I think Shannon realizes that if she wants to stay on the show she has to pretend to get along. I predict that Shannon and Vicki aren't going to have a major fight this season.

Given her lack of storylines getting along with Vicki might be the best strategy to get rid of her!

• Love 2
4 minutes ago, biakbiak said:

Given her lack of storylines getting along with Vicki might be the best strategy to get rid of her!

Vicki's the OG of the OC. I think she could murder someone and Bravo would cover her arrest, trial and life on the inside. She's super arrogant about it being her show and Andy doesn't seem to challenge her on that. Vicki is going to go down with the ship. The final shot of this show before it ends will be of Vicki, mark my words.

That said, if Tamra were forced to choose between Shannon or staying on the show, which would she choose? Tams will always choose the show. Since the show is Vicki, essentially Tamra will never truly abandon Vicki. She knows where her bread is buttered. I wonder if Shannon knows this?

• Love 1

I’ve got one of the part seasons on in the background today thanks to Bravo’s random RHofOC marathon today, and found myself snickering in bemusement—-I’d almost forgotten just how painfully awkward Shannon and David could be during their scenes together. The way she was weeping and whimpering, “He took me to my birthday dinner...at a SPORTS BAR...” just cracked me up!

The shade of it all...

Something tells me he’s doing a bit better at wining and dining his new younger girlfriend then merely taking her for birthday chicken wings at the local sports bar.

• Love 7
17 hours ago, biakbiak said:

David is really embracing his inner basicness. Matching heart tattoos with his new girlfriend.

That's really showing some maturity....Matching heart tattoos, how 6th grade?

• Love 21