Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Oh man, um Trump, maybe no woman's accusing Obama because He. Doesn't. Sexually. Harrass. Women.

Its elections like this that make me glad I live across the country from my mother and my sister's family.  As it is, we see each other about once a year, so we have a lot of other things to talk about instead of politics.  If we lived closer and saw each other more often, politics would almost certainly come up and there'd be a lot of bad friction.  Instead, we trade political posts and memes on facebook (where at least voices aren't raised). 

• Love 10
17 minutes ago, 33kaitykaity said:

That would be Trump.  

Also Alec Baldwin really bringing the "J" pronunciation up on SNL imitating Trump in the debate.

It was funny to see him school Nevadans on how he'd learned from them to correctly say it "Nev-ah-da". They were yelling the correction to him from the floor. If he can't learn that, it pretty much explains why in sixteen months of campaigning he knows absolutely nothing more about anything than he did in June 2015 (only now, he's got a bigger fiction than "I'll build a wall and Mexico will pay for it." He's got his new international globalist conspiracy headed by the banks the Dem/Rep establishment in Washington, the Evil Clintons, Carlos Slim and all the "corporate lobbyists" of America (still known to us establishment lackeys as "reporters")

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, 33kaitykaity said:

That would be Trump.  

OK, thanks.  To be fair to Trump ;), the offensive pronunciation I was referencing was something more like Jee-Na, which is what the Japanese called China during their occupation in WW2, and I'm not sure that was what Trump was going for.

He apparently did say something absurd on Hillary and China the other day though.  Just sounds like the ramblings of a mad man.  

I really despise Trump's style of hinting at something nasty without outright saying it all the while making it quite clear what he's talking about.  And then he can always backtrack or deny it when called out on it later.

• Love 6
14 minutes ago, Padma said:

It was funny to see him school Nevadans on how he'd learned from them to correctly say it "Nev-ah-da"

I kind of want to give him a pass on that, because I have trouble with short a's too.  It's just my weird accent, but "aunt" is always "ont" instead of "ant."

Nevadans don't, of course.

• Love 2
5 hours ago, Padma said:

I'm so grateful to whoever leaked the Access Hollywood tape.

I of course have zero notion who did, but if that person(s) deliberately withheld the tape until now? Smooth. Because now is when it will hurt that sodding git Trump the most. That's not a conspiracy, it's shrewd politicking. Which Republicans are usually much better at than Democrats, frankly.

As usual, Trump has tried to deflect by questioning the timing and calling it a liberal plot. I'm actually a little surprised that he just doesn't continue lying about it: "I'm rich, I'm very very smart, I'm the big-liest. I attract beautiful women every day, believe me. Why would I be interested in those women? Look at them. I'm not going to say anything, but you look and see what you think."

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, starri said:

I kind of want to give him a pass on that, because I have trouble with short a's too.  It's just my weird accent, but "aunt" is always "ont" instead of "ant."

Nevadans don't, of course.

The difference is standing in front of a huge audience of Nevadans and bragging to them about how you've learned the correct pronunciation from them (50/50 chance here)--and doing it completely wrong!  It's not how he said it that mattered, it was the bragging that made me not give him a pass! (Oh, and the stupidity as in "you can't even get that right--and you're bragging about it--and you think you can learn what you need to be PRESIDENT!)

It was a lot more character-revealing to me as a gaffe than that stupid picture of Dukakis in a tank. Or Gore sighing. or Bush1 looking at his watch.  But...it's Trump. So that was the most minor of minor moments (and all of them basically don't matter until you rachet it up to something like sexual assault. And, even then, Trumpkins still say, "Eh, no big deal!")

• Love 6
35 minutes ago, lordonia said:

Smooth. Because now is when it will hurt that sodding git Trump the most.

From other sectors of this site, my understanding is that NBC was going to release it after the most recent debate, but instead, someone leaked it before the debate.  They had been scouring their archives for material on Drumpf.  People thought it was suspicious that NBC was reporting the leak 10 minutes after The Washington Post published.  So it looks like it was all NBC.

• Love 2

From the Guardian:

Forty percent of Donald Trump’s supporters in Florida think that Hillary Clinton is an actual demon, according to
Public Policy Polling.  Like, with a tail and horns and sulfur and everything.

Another bit from the Guardian that I found interesting:

Donald Trump has roughly 22,450 employees. Of those, twelve have donated more than $200 to his campaign.

That’s according to an analysis of campaign finance data by Reuters, which concluded that of the $112m donated to Trump’s presidential campaign since he announced his candidacy for the White House in June of last year, his employees have given a total of $5,298 to the campaign. (Donations less than $200 are not attached to donor names in the US.)

In contrast, Democratic rival Hillary Clinton has received $324,000 in donations from State Department employees.

2 minutes ago, atomationage said:

From other sectors of this site, my understanding is that NBC was going to release it after the most recent debate, but instead, someone leaked it before the debate.  They had been scouring their archives for material on Drumpf.  People thought it was suspicious that NBC was reporting the leak 10 minutes after The Washington Post published.  So it looks like it was all NBC.

Apparently, there's even a crazy conspiracy floating around that the leak came from Billy Bush working on behalf of his Bush fam to get rid of Trump.  LOL.

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Padma said:

After Ari Melber reviewed the facts around the women Trump paraded to the cameras on Sunday, he deserves every bit of shaming he receives now.  He didn't care about their credibility AT ALL, and the women accusing him are far more believable--particularly since those claims were thoroughly investigated, no charges filed. Unlike Trump's accusers...so far.

I don't remember where I saw it, but I watched a clip of Trump from the 1990's, where he says that the women accusing Bill Clinton are not telling the truth. 

6 hours ago, Padma said:

It's not only creepy, it's astonishing, that he seems to use this line so often to young girls. Like, in what universe does he think they would want to be told this? You're singing for people in a choir and all some creepy 46 year old man can say is he's "going to" be dating you in a decade (when he's 56)!  Whoa, girls! Your dream comes true!

I'm thinking that Trump may actually believe everything he says.  That his ego is so overblown that he truly believes that he is such a prize that every female would love to date him.  I think he also believes that he has great respect for women and that he didn't say whatever it is they showed him saying on video earlier.  If he does truly believe the lies he is spouting, then he has some serious mental health issues.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, atomationage said:

1 hour ago, madmaverick said:

From the Guardian:

Apparently, there's even a crazy conspiracy floating around that the leak came from Billy Bush working on behalf of his Bush fam to get rid of Trump.  LOL.

Page Six is not a bastion of authority but their take was the first one I read and it seems credible.

'Billy Bush brazenly bragged to NBC staff about the vulgar Donald Trump tape while covering the Olympics in Rio, multiple sources tell Page Six.

Proving the infamous Ryan Lochte interview wasn’t Bush’s only Rio recklessness, the shamed “Today” host boasted at a party in August that he had a “tape of Trump being a real dog,” prompting staffers at “Access Hollywood” to track it down.'

And it troubles me that this might be true.

'“They could have released the tape and edited him out,” the source says of the individual that leaked the footage. “That was the plan — they were trying to approve it and then someone leaked it. That’s what Access Hollywoodeventually did and they played it … but it was already out,” the source says and adds, “If they wanted to protect him, they could have edited it out which they did on the final Access piece that aired on Friday, but they left it in when it was leaked.”'

• Love 3

DT's penchant for telling tiny, minor girls that he will date them in 10 years, and his self-appointed carte blanche to walk into the dressing areas of pageant contestants (including teens), reflect his bizarre sense of entitlement and extreme self-delusion.  Remember his appearance on Dr Oz a few weeks ago?  Oz asked him who he saw when he looks in the mirror, and Trump replied that he saw a 35 year old man.  

I am feeling high levels of anxiety and distress.  In the days before the second debate (and just after the Access Hollywood release), I knew terrible things were to be expected.  But that stunt press conference with Bill's accusers, as well as the Trump campaign's thwarted attempts to seat the women in the family box and to confront BC face-to-face, really affected me badly. I felt true anger on the women's behalf.  Then Trump going after Bill during the debate, and also blaming Hillary for treating the women "even more viciously than Bill,"  made me tremble.

But then...learning that the entire Trump family was complicit in using the four women as pawns and instruments of humiliation against Hillary, made the entire travesty even worse for me.  Jared Kushner (ivankas husband) coordinated the women's appearance; Jared, Tiffany and the two daughters-in-law agreed to give up their seats in the family box; when the spouses were formally announced, Mrs Trump came in, as did Mr Clinton, and they shook hands. But surprisingly, trumps three eldest were right behind her, like ducklings. This procession was against protocol (Chelsea and Marc stayed in their seats) but was a  compromise because the Commission refused to let the accusers march in behind Mrs T.  This tells me that Mrs Trump had been willing to be an instrument of ambush. Were the women going to spit in Mr Clinton's face? Or refuse his handshake?  

I don't want to hear that the Trump family was "forced" to participate in that stunt. All that implies to me is that they're morally compromised and mentally deficient.

But now?  With the nothing-to-lose last debate?  With Trump threatening at his rallies that unsubstantiated accusers of President Obama!!! might now come forward*...with Trump willing to absorb all the burning hatred and limitless vengeance of David Bossie...with the campaign's BOUNDLESS DESIRE to humiliate Hillary...I am starting to imagine TERRIBLE possibilities for the final debate.  I can't even share where my imagination is taking me...too numbing.

I want Wednesday over with and then dealt with.  Quickly.  Then Election Day please come SOON!  I live in NJ, and I've already voted via mail-in  ballot.  I just could not wait for November 8th.

My only saving grace today is knowing that a WOMAN will be defeating the incorrigible misogynist and sexual predator.  Yes, he will refuse to concede; he will yell that the election was stolen; he will even say that he NEVER wanted to win, not really.  But Donald Trump will know the Truth...He got beat by a girl.

(* Their attempt at hurting Mrs Obama, I'm sure.)

Edited by sleekandchic
  • Love 17

I can't find a concise article about it, but their vaunted "proof" that the accusations were baseless came in the form of a British man who has...credibility problems vastly undersells it.

The basic part is that he knows that Trump didn't grope the woman on the plane because he was there, saw it, and it was the woman throwing herself at Trump.  The man would have been 17 or 18 at the time, not only traveling in first class, but also aware of who Donald Trump was.

Not to mention the fact that Trump said he wasn't actually on the plane with the woman.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, NewDigs said:

Billy Bush brazenly bragged to NBC staff about the vulgar Donald Trump tape while covering the Olympics in Rio, multiple sources tell Page Six.

I mean ... I guess I'm to believe that, after interviewing several hundred celebrities over the years, this particular conversation was so unusual that Billy has never forgotten it? I can therefore only conclude it's because Trump being a pig was memorable and OUTRAGEOUS and so far beyond the pale of how regular, non-Trumpian men talk.

53 minutes ago, sleekandchic said:

I am starting to imagine TERRIBLE possibilities for the final debate.  I can't even share where my imagination is taking me...too numbing.

My heart hurts to say this, but after HRC wins (knock on wood), the only future I can envision is another decade of accusations, obstructionism, hearings, special prosecutors, and impeachment talk. Her enemies will never give up, whether she's in office or out.

• Love 10
25 minutes ago, candall said:

I can't stop thinking about this woman. 

She clearly feels happy and bold and proud of being so outrageously provocative in support of her hero.  But she's actually so delusional and/or stupid, it doesn't even occur to her that, in person, Donald Trump would take one look and sneer at her and her t-shirt, brutally humiliate her right to her face, and then probably pantomime sticking his finger down his throat for a joke as he walked away with his pals, laughing about the possibility of that ever happening.  She would be utterly devastated.  Destroyed.  And she'd be bitter about the encounter for the rest of her life.

Would Trump care?  No.  BECAUSE HE DOESN'T CARE ABOUT PEOPLE LIKE YOU, LADY.

Which, finally, is my point:

This woman is the perfect analogy for the vast (vast!) majority of Trump supporters.  They're jazzed, they love him, they don't care about any of the "bad" stuff people say about him.  We're shit-kickers and wildcats, bring it on! 

But if they ever came face-to-face with the reality of a Trump presidency, there would be tears.  Millions of people--mostly people like them--would be so thoroughly annihilated they would never fully recover.  And Trump would just stroll off with his pals and never give any of it a second thought.

Yes, and you know what? They are apparently so incredibly stupid that I believe they would STILL accept his explanations for things they didn't like ("Not my fault! It's the Democrats! The international conspiracy! The CLINTONS!"  "It's the African Americans...Muslims...immigrants...Mexicans....women...disabled....journalists.....Congress...foreign leaders...I'm sure there would be more."  He would take ZERO responsibility, like now. And they would give him ZERO accountability, like now, and keep on believing his lies.

If Hillary wins, unless the Republicans wise up and try to salvage the non-Trumpkin, non-tea party, section of the GOP--I'm afraid it will be exactly as you say...impeachment hearings, yadda yadda. (AND, small consolation, but another big Republican defeat in 2020).

I'm grateful we have Obama for two months to clean up the mess post-election and that Hillary (God willing) will be the one to take it from there. I've never been hugely fond of Bill, and I was upset about the server (so sick of hearing about it that I'm over it now--thanks news media!) but all that aside, I really admire her. And I think Kaine will be a good VP, a worthy successor to Biden.  And hopefully, with her Senate majority, she can appoint Obama to the SC!

• Love 9
7 hours ago, starri said:

I can't.  I just can't.

l46rcquxoaesezuqyemy.png

Oh you poor stupid creature.  There for all to see not just the pride at being crude but going out of your way to say you are too stupid to wipe your ass let alone dress yourself and be allowed out on your own.

This is nothing more than a "I'm not with Stupid, I am Stupid" shirt.

I wonder if she will live long enough to realize that tiny little but complete fact that everyone else.  Even the ones twisting themselves in the most ridiculous knots of false logic to defend me know the difference between "can" and "can't"  and maybe if she spent more time listening to her own candidate she'd know that "can" is not a word he cares about at all since he brags about doing it when he knows he "can't".

Hopefully someone will grab that and hold it until she can't breed anymore*.  Stupid like that needs to go Full Darwin.

*I'd love to see her reaction if she wore that and black man came up and said "my name is ______ Trump and I'm going in" just to see the look on her face. I wonder if a black man surnamed Trump "can" and what, by her logic, it means if she decides he can't?  By the rational of the candidate she seems to be supporting, she's and her sharpie'd political crafts DIY arts project are shit out of luck.  Wonder if she will ever be able to parse that?

• Love 7
29 minutes ago, Padma said:

Yes, and you know what? They are apparently so incredibly stupid that I believe they would STILL accept his explanations for things they didn't like ("Not my fault! It's the Democrats! The international conspiracy! The CLINTONS!"  "It's the African Americans...Muslims...immigrants...Mexicans....women...disabled....journalists.....Congress...foreign leaders...I'm sure there would be more."  He would take ZERO responsibility, like now. And they would give him ZERO accountability, like now, and keep on believing his lies.

This is interesting.  It's a different vision from what I've been picturing:  that we'd all just be FUBAR-ed, six-month emergency meal kits would start flying off the shelves and the Trump people would be greatly disappointed and disillusioned when it turned out there was no rosy happy ending.  Surprise, no health care or college for you, hope you weren't friends with any polar bears.

Now that I think about it, I don't really know WHAT the Trump supporters believe will happen if their man prevails--other than Hillary Clinton will immediately be arrested and ferried directly to prison to begin her life sentence.  I guess, that all the NAFTA manufacturing will have to come back here and ISIS will be exterminated.  They don't still think there's going to be a giant wall, do they?

• Love 6
4 hours ago, madmaverick said:

From the Guardian:

From what I've read, Billy Bush was dumb enough to brag to people at a party down in Rio(where he was covering the Ryan Lochte drama) that he remembered the conversation with Trump and that someone should find it & show it, and sure enough someone at Access Hollywood went through their archives & found the footage and released it to NBC(which owns Access Hollywood) and then NBC was holding on to the footage while they consulted with their Legal Department and in the meantime someone at NBC leaked it to WaPo reporter who got it reported and on-air.  Little did Billy Bush realize he sealed his fate by bragging about hanging out with Trump.

• Love 5
48 minutes ago, BookWoman56 said:

Six months ago, I really thought Trump’s candidacy was just a publicity stunt, that he would stay in long enough maybe to win a primary, then boast that obviously he could win the election if he wanted to, and drop out. I loathed Ted Cruz more than Trump at that time, because while I think Trump will say whatever damn thing he thinks people want to hear, Cruz actually believes the things he says. Now, though, if Jeb Bush or someone like him had been the Republican nominee, I would never have voted for him because I disagree with many of his ideas, but I wouldn’t have been disgusted by him as a person. With Trump, instead, his ideas horrify me and his persona nauseates me.

I've always said that Trump never thought it would get this far. I truly believe he thought that he would announce his candidacy, say some crazy shit, participate for a while, then drop out and leave everyone talking about him but it went further than even he imagined. And even still, I've looked for him to quit, he loves a spectacle and nothing would cause more a scene than for a major party nominee to up and quit. He's in over his head but his followers believe anything he says so he could say he's quitting because everyone's unfair to him and it's all rigged and his supporters would believe every word.

And I agree that I wouldn't have voted for the Republican nominee regardless because I disagree with most of their politics but I wouldn't have been disgusted by them, I always wouldn't have been afraid of them because I am truly terrified of the possibility of a Donald Trump presidency.  I was having a discussion with a friend who is a Trump supporter and she said that there's nothing to worry about because his crazies ideas "will never happen" which yeah, I'm sure a lot of his ideas would be deemed unconstitutional but I was still trying to get her to understand that words can have consequences and considering he has insulted every single member of NATO and has come right out and said he would not defend them against an attack from Russia, we could seriously be up a creek with four years of Donald alienating our closest allies, to which she said that we "don't really need NATO so what does it matter"...so yeah.

• Love 5

Here's something (else in my life) I don't understand. Trump is adamant that he was against the use of military force in Iraq. It's one of his proven lies, but my question is, what the hell is his point? I guess it speaks to what he considers Clinton's poor judgment on international affairs? Still, I honestly don't know why he continues to harangue on it when most Republicans and, if I had to guess, the vast majority of his supporters, were in favor of it at the time (and probably still are). Trump's the one who wants to "carpet bomb" the entire region. You'd think he'd be giving Hillary props.

Votes in favor of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002

• 96% of Republican Representatives
  • 98% of Republican Senators
  • 39% of Democratic Representatives
  • 58% of Democratic Senators
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, BuckeyeLou said:

From what I've read, Billy Bush was dumb enough to brag to people at a party down in Rio(where he was covering the Ryan Lochte drama) that he remembered the conversation with Trump and that someone should find it & show it, and sure enough someone at Access Hollywood went through their archives & found the footage and released it to NBC(which owns Access Hollywood) and then NBC was holding on to the footage while they consulted with their Legal Department and in the meantime someone at NBC leaked it to WaPo reporter who got it reported and on-air.  Little did Billy Bush realize he sealed his fate by bragging about hanging out with Trump.

Right, but from what I read, NBC was holding on to the tape not just to vet it legally, but also because Hurricane Matthew was grabbing all the headlines last week, so they decided to wait to release it on Monday for maximum coverage.  They were also figuring out a pretty convoluted plan to have Access Hollywood release it first, followed by NBC News exclusive reporting, all protecting (editing out) Billy Bush's complicity.  It backfired, though, because the person with the tape was outraged that they were withholding it 'til after the debate, so they leaked it to the Washington Post on Friday morning, who then published the story by 4 PM later that day (on their website, not on air).  Journalism students take note - WaPo got the biggest scoop of this entire election cycle, and NBC wrote the book on how to bungle a big story.  

• Love 6

Just a week ago, Trump had a publicity stunt where he gathered a bunch of women who accused Bill Clinton of indiscretions (I won't say assaults, because it's not the case for all of them).   Trump said that women's accusations should be listened to, they should be respected and believed.  

Now, a number of women have accused him of sexual assault, harassment, unwanted advances.    But Trump says they are lying. 

ANd the worst part of it is that he, and his supporters, don't see the hypocrisy.

• Love 24
26 minutes ago, LotusFlower said:

...so they leaked it to the Washington Post on Friday morning, who then published the story by 4 PM later that day (on their website, not on air).  Journalism students take note - WaPo got the biggest scoop of this entire election cycle, and NBC wrote the book on how to bungle a big story.  

Back in June, when the Trump campaign revoked the media credentials of the Post, I told friends he picked the wrong paper to f*ck with.  Why?  Because Marty Baron is the editor of the Post.  And who is Marty Baron you ask? He was the editor of the Boston Globe when that newspaper exposed the Catholic priest sex abuse scandal and took down Cardinal Law and the Boston Archdiocese.  He's not a guy you want to screw with.

• Love 24
1 minute ago, Moose135 said:

Back in June, when the Trump campaign revoked the media credentials of the Post, I told friends he picked the wrong paper to f*ck with.  Why?  Because Marty Baron is the editor of the Post.  And who is Marty Baron you ask? He was the editor of the Boston Globe when that newspaper exposed the Catholic priest sex abuse scandal and took down Cardinal Law and the Boston Archdiocese.  He's not a guy you want to screw with.

I would say he exposed the entire Catholic Church pedophile ring around the world, because it all started with the Boston Archdiocese and the Boston Globe.  (Liev Shreiber's portrayal in the movie Spotlight is dead-on, and the movie is great, for anyone who hasn't seen it yet).  NBC News and WaPo's decision-making over this story is such an interesting contrast, and it certainly shows why the experience and savvy of someone like Marty Baron at the helm is so valuable.

• Love 11
12 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

Fahrenthold is a lock for the Pulitzer.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10
37 minutes ago, lordonia said:

Here's something (else in my life) I don't understand. Trump is adamant that he was against the use of military force in Iraq. It's one of his proven lies, but my question is, what the hell is his point? I guess it speaks to what he considers Clinton's poor judgment on international affairs? Still, I honestly don't know why he continues to harangue on it when most Republicans and, if I had to guess, the vast majority of his supporters, were in favor of it at the time (and probably still are). Trump's the one who wants to "carpet bomb" the entire region. You'd think he'd be giving Hillary props.

Votes in favor of the Authorization for Use of Military Force Against Iraq Resolution of 2002

• 96% of Republican Representatives
  • 98% of Republican Senators
  • 39% of Democratic Representatives
  • 58% of Democratic Senators

Yes, it's amazing how Trump manages to keep up the narrative when it was a Republican president and Congress that backed the war so strongly. Whatever he may have said in an interview (in 2004), he was a nonentity on the subject--no op/eds, no big ad over the war like he did about the Central Park Five. Also, yes, Hillary was wrong but so was he (yes, I know. He lies about it and also hasn't ever had to actually be accountable for any policy so he's just playing his supporters for fools...again.)

Funniest part to me is that OBAMA really WAS a profile in courage --and marginalized-- as a gutsy opponent of the war--and risking election over it, too. For some reason, I haven't heard Donald praising our president for his foresight there.  What a surprise.

And, yes, the hypocrisy over how alleged sexual assault by BC must be believed! vs. alleged sexual assault (lots more of it) by DT which must be called out as lies and have the women humiliated (as not even pretty enough for him to assault--he has his standards, people!). 

6 bankruptcies, 500 companies including many abroad with ties to unsavory politicians and banks that could compromise our country, no tax returns, no charitable giving, no philanthropy.  He's anti-union and with all the talk of "bringing back jobs" and no one confronts him about HIS products made abroad in 22 different countries...

Plus, he's never done ANYTHING for anyone but himself and his own financial interests in 70 years and is a proven liar (many times over). For all his populist talk, his "economic advisors" are all bankers and hedge fund guys (like billionaire Carl Icahn whom he keeps promising the little people he's going to put in charge of trade deals. Yeah. That's going to work out well.)

The idea that at least 50 million people are going to vote for a man like "the above" (and I didn't even mention that--in his own words--he's a sexual predator) is pretty depressing. But I'll agree with Obama and reserve the greatest scorn for the Republican officials who refuse to put their country over party and get off their asses and take a very vocal and consistent and visible stand against this guy. (And, yes, smarmy Mitch McConnell and holier-than-thou Paul Ryan, you are two of the worst--because you know EXACTLY what we're getting with Trump. This is even more despicable to me than McCain--after surviving four melanomas in his late 60s--putting Palin a heartbeat away from the presidency.  Very few "profiles in courage"--Romney, at least in March, and I'm not sure about the others (Graham, Flake, Kirk, Sasse, etc.) because they haven't organized an opposition to attack and speak out against him. That is very much needed for someone other than Democrats and the press to counter the lies Trump tells his base. Even the "No Trump" GOP officials are all incredibly passive--completely unimpressive.

• Love 17

Beyond the fact that the man is a liar, a sexual predator and a bigot, he is astonishingly incurious and ignorant.  How he's been able to hold on to the label of good business man is beyond me.  Hopefully when this is all over, no one will ever want to be associated with his gaudy brand again and he'll end up being laughed at, ignored and forgotten.

It's clear that people are worried about how his fans are going to react when he loses, but I think most of them will grouse for a few days and then go back to their regular lives.  This is no social movement; it's all bread and circuses.   Maybe afterwards his supporters will be inspired to work for social/political/economic change themselves instead of expecting some creepy orange man to do it for them.

• Love 5

I wonder if vocal opposition from the republican leadership would make a difference. Trump supporters hate "the establishment" so they might see any opposition as proving their point that politicians suck and only an outsider can save us. A thoughtful commentator on All In pointed out that the republicans helped create this by constantly saying that government doesn't work.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Beyond the fact that the man is a liar, a sexual predator and a bigot, he is astonishingly incurious and ignorant.  How he's been able to hold on to the label of good business man is beyond me.  Hopefully when this is all over, no one will ever want to be associated with his gaudy brand again and he'll end up being laughed at, ignored and forgotten.

It is all optics.  People see his gold plated residence and are convinced that he is who he looks to be.

• Love 4

I don't want to hear that the Trump family was "forced" to participate in that stunt. All that implies to me is that they're morally compromised and mentally deficient.

ivanka and Jared have proven themselves to be disgraceful low lifes and I hope their business endeavors after this travesty of a campaign suffer the most. Shame on Jared, a devout Jew, who let his father- and brothers-in-law fan the flames of anti-semitism with their constant pandering to right-wing nutcase groups. As for Ivanka, an anecdote: I was in the Nordstrom shoe department a month ago and walked past a sales lady suggesting an Ivanka Trump shoe to a customer. The woman said, "I will never buy an Ivanka Trump shoe." I turned to the sales lady and said, "That makes two of us. And the store should stop carrying them." The sales lady nodded her head and said, "I've been hearing that a lot." 

The whole family is trash. 

7 hours ago, backformore said:

From the Daily show: 

One man's sexual assault is another man's flirtation.

That is the scariest thing I've seen. And the only difference between these supporters and the Republican candidate is money. One was luckily enough to be born into it, the other was not. But both are delusional when they look in the mirror.

• Love 10