Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

Now Melania's lawyer is also threatening to sue the NYT.

I swear Trump is medicated or on something--this morning he was quoted as being "done" with debates because it's all rigged, and at his event later, he's talking about doing the debate in NV.   They need to stabilize whatever dose he's on.

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, car54 said:

Now Melania's lawyer is also threatening to sue the NYT.

I swear Trump is medicated or on something--this morning he was quoted as being "done" with debates because it's all rigged, and at his event later, he's talking about doing the debate in NV.   They need to stabilize whatever dose he's on.

Melania's threatening to sue People not the NYT because the author of the People article describes a meeting with her in NY. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, film noire said:

In an election,  year, it's more  than a little ironic that I don't have enough votes to upvote every smart post in this forum. 

@HumblePi and @backformore  I was ten when a priest grabbed me -- in our home, yet -- on Christmas Eve and forced his tongue down my throat.  I got away and never told (until I was in my twenties) and was never alone with him again. Our bodies are maps of so many crimes against women -- hugs to you both -- as well as fists raised in solidarity.  

To all of those here who have been victimized, my heart goes out to you. Continue to be strong and yes, raised fists!

As I mentioned briefly in a previous post, I was sexually assaulted when I was a child. Family friend. Some friend. He was an adult. He was (still is) married. A father as well. All I kept thinking about is, why was this happening to me? What did I do to deserve this? I felt all alone in the world. I couldn't share this with anyone. It happened for years. I felt embarrassed and ashamed. I fought back many times, but it didn't do anything but make the attack take that much longer. Sometimes I just lied there and let him do what he wanted so it could just be over and done with. It sickens me to type that, but just sharing how my young mind was thinking and coping. It finally stopped when I spoke up about it in my teen years. Nothing was done to my accuser simply because I was not believed. I carried that pain for the longest time and I even told myself I should have never said anything. But I so badly wanted it to stop. I also feared if this person went to jail, it was because of my words, not his actions. I thought of his wife and his kids.

There are so many reasons why victims don't speak up. I can't imagine I would speak up if I was a Trump victim. I may tell my closest friends and of course, my spouse, but I couldn't imagine going up against that monster and his money. He dragged Rosie O'Donnell through the mud just because she mocked him.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, LotusFlower said:

Trump won't sue.   He just needs to say he will as a way to refute the charges.  

He's always done that - bluster about some perceived injustice done to him, threaten to sue, then quietly slink away in search of his next target.

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, Kitty Redstone said:

Michelle Obama's speech was amazing.  Eloquent, brilliant, and necessary. 

I also love that she didn't even mention that clown by name, but merely as Hillary's opponent. 

Rachel Maddow is running it again right now. I can't stop crying. When she said that this has affected her in ways she never imagined, I just lost it. What he has done is made me and countless other women suddenly recall feelings we thought were long buried.

• Love 24

Drumpf must think it's cute when he's being offensive.  Someone must have taught him that.  His father Fred?  He's certainly passed the tradition on to his sons Eric and Donald Jr.  Maybe there's hope for little Barron if his father drops dead soon, but maybe not with a name like Barron.  Seriously, was Barron Hilton his godfather or what?   

Edited by atomationage
  • Love 2

I read something on Twitter a few weeks ago that said one day, Donald will look a reporter directly in the eye, and on national television, will say he never ran for president.

Also, I watched Lew Black's new stand up special the other night and he referred to Trump as "Orange Julius Caesar" and I damned near choked to death.

• Love 15
9 hours ago, ChromaKelly said:

Besides all the horrible and gross things Trump has said and done, there is still the fact that he is completely unqualified for the job of POTUS. There's really no two ways about it. He spouts nonsense, he seems to have no idea how government works, he says things that are just false, and he has zero understanding of foreign policy. I do think his awful statements are worth discussing, however it does seem to distract from his lack of real policies and plans. I watched both debates actually saying out loud to the TV "That's not a thing" "It doesn't work like that" "No, you can't _____(jack up other countries to pay for protection/instruct your AG to prosecute someone/insert other outrageous statement).
So, I really don't understand why anyone would want this man anywhere near the Oval Office, for so, so many reasons.

People really underestimate how much people hate Hillary. Had any other Dem run the race would have been over months ago. But, Trump is hanging in there because Hillary has so much baggage - real and imagined and Hillary is a terrible politician. 

One of the problems I'm having is that so much is dropping that we are not getting the time to really have certain things dissected as they should be.  Just as focus was on the "degrading and "crudeness" the pussy comment took center stage over the fact that he was bragging about forcing himself on a woman.  Well women in general.

But his locker room talk defense glosses over things despite the press' scrutiny because in his latest speeches that still bother to address it, he acts as if he was speaking in the hypothetical.  He wasn't.  He was referring to actions he had committed.  Not theory.

But the other thing that is funny in a way but even more chilling for me is that we had a rich entitled man essentially claim it as locker room talk.  Forget for a moment that few if any locker rooms hold men bragging about sexually assaulting anyone.  Instead focus on the nature of even the worst locker room talk.  The hyperbole.  The bragging that holds not basis in reality.  It is stuff that elevates the man doing the bragging.  He will posture on the woman wanting him.  Unable to keep her hands off him.  Or so loving that lovin' once is not enough.  So hot for him she has to have it then and there no matter where that it. 

But this man for President thinks it elevates him to say he can force himself on anyone. meaning he thinks it elevates him to do his locker room talk about someone who doesn't like him.  Doesn't find him attractive enough to engage in something consensual.  And that is his elevation.  That is his self-aggrandizement.  Not that women love him adore him lust for him.  But that he can do what he wants.  Period.  This is chilling shit coupled with the now ongoing ranting that basically says, he has won the election, anyone who matters would vote for him and if he doesn't win it was stolen from him.   That he is the next Rightful President of the US.  That is his current modus operandi.  That the vote in November only matters if he gets what he wants. 

This is a toddler with a messiah complex and enough followers to make our lives hell in the next months to come and he has only one concern.  To grab this nation by the pussy and have it take it with no complaint because he is so famous.  America doesn't need to be Great Again when you listen to his latest speech he gave.  Oddly America is doing Great enough when someone without an ounce of self-awareness and the maturity of a twelve year old boy is able to run for President and be on the ticket.   It's also fucked up as hell.  But how much "greater" can you you get?

• Love 18

I came to a conclusion on my trip home today.

What makes Trump such an evil, despicable man is what he says about things that cannot be changed.  F'rinstance:. People cannot change that they are a woman, a Mexican, a Muslim, gay, disabled, plain-featured, not well-endowed, suffering from PTSD, a family's son or daughter was killed in the line of duty.  These are things that naturally occur, not something that one could have avoided.  That is what makes his attacks so cowardly and awful.  It is one thing to criticize someone for something they can change, which criticism by itself is reprehensible, but to criticize and deride someone for something not of their own making is just vile on every level.

This man should never have been allowed to breed.

• Love 16
8 minutes ago, pivot said:

People really underestimate how much people hate Hillary. Had any other Dem run the race would have been over months ago. But, Trump is hanging in there because Hillary has so much baggage - real and imagined and Hillary is a terrible politician. 

I think you're absolutely right, Hillary Clinton does come with two things, her negatives and her positives. On one hand, people simply don't trust her. Then there's a large faction of right-wingers that don't want a woman, especially one that advocates for women's rights. On the other side of Hillary Clinton is her experience in government and her history of dedication to education and child health and welfare. I rate diplomacy very high on my list to check off of any candidate and she certainly scores head and shoulders above Donald Trump as far as diplomacy goes. We really don't understand how important diplomacy is in the world, it's actually nothing more than showing respect for someone else.

Two things have helped me decide as far as whom to vote for long ago. One thing is that I know that Putin will do anything in his power to keep Hillary Clinton out of the Presidential office. Think about that, why would he want Donald Trump to be President so badly?  That's really not too difficult to figure out, and the thoughts of how Russia would intervene in our politics and policies scares me to death. The second is that I don't think Donald Trump is mentally stable or even wants to be the President. He only wants to prove he can win. If he did win, he'd check out in a month and leave his subordinates or his children to run our country.

• Love 21
25 minutes ago, Nidratime said:

I agree. I don't think Trump has any desire to do the work of President. He wants to be President in Brand only.

The Trump campaign denied it, but that is pretty much the claim John Kasich made:

Multiple sources close to Kasich said Trump's son, Donald Jr., tried to entice Kasich with a position as the most powerful vice president in history, but he turned it down.

Kasich would have been in charge of all domestic and foreign policy in a Trump White House, Kasich sources said.

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-vice-president/

• Love 4
6 hours ago, HumblePi said:

"they let me because I'm a celebrity"

What horrific thing will be explained away with "they let me because I'm POTUS and the most powerful man in the world"?  I pray we never find out.

I did not think it was possible for me to admire and respect Michelle Obama more than I already did, but damn!  She's raised the bar again.

And for all of you who have shared your painful experiences, my sincerest apologies that you ever had to endure it. It is, and always was, wrong.  On top of that, evil.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, tenativelyyours said:

This is a toddler with a messiah complex and enough followers to make our lives hell in the next months to come and he has only one concern. 

I do wonder how many of the people coming out to his spectacles will continue to support him when this is all over.  There will for sure be a small group of apocalyptic, conspiracy-minded nutters who will stick by him and insist that he was robbed ... but the rest?  I just don't know.  They'll still have the need to be delivered from their unhappiness and will continue to think Hillary is the devil no matter how much good she accomplishes in the world, but it takes a lot of effort and anger to remain in the fomented state of being Trump requires.  Who wants to live like that?

Edited by Kitty Redstone
  • Love 2
47 minutes ago, Moose135 said:

The Trump campaign denied it, but that is pretty much the claim John Kasich made:

http://www.cnn.com/2016/07/20/politics/john-kasich-donald-trump-vice-president/

I absolutely believe every part of Kasich's account. Kasich didn't even show up to the convention that was being held in the state of which he is the sitting governor. You don't do that unless you have palpable level of disgust for the lazy ignorant huckster who has hijacked your political party.

• Love 14

I think it is easy to say the race would be over if anyone but Hilary were running. I do agree with that to an extent however my grandparents and there friends are moderates and lean more to the conservative side and would not vote for Obama. Most of them didn't vote in 2008. My grandmother in particular has told me she would never vote for Bernie or Trump. She will vote for Hilary even if she does not like her. I am liberal and most of my friends are obviously this is a small sample size I do wonder if some would vote for Hilary, but not Bernie. Granted I am in my 20s and was pretty conflicted. I ended up voting for Hilary in the primaries because I thought she had a better chance to beat Trump than Bernie did.

Edited by choclatechip45
  • Love 4
18 hours ago, sleekandchic said:

I thought Trump made a fatal, tactical error at the second debate.  He tried hard to avoid Anderson Cooper's repeated questions about whether Trump actually ever followed through on his so-called "locker room banter."  Trump danced and danced, but finally said, "No, I haven't."  I immediately thought, uh-oh. I knew that lie would enrage his victims and that many would now be willing to talk on the record.

On a lighter note, I thought Trump's interlude with the cute toddler Mini-Trump revealed that Trump is terrified of kids!  For a father of five, including a still-little boy, Trump looked so uncomfortable with Mini-Me and couldn't wait to get the kid back to his parents.

Not only is Trump a father of 5, the youngest of which is his 10-year-old son with Melania, he's a grandfather of *8*, thanks to 2 of his kids with Ivana: Donald Jr. & his wife Vanessa (*5* kids), & Ivanka & her husband (3 kids, including 1 born during this campaign "season"). Eric, his 3rd child with Ivana, is sort of recently married & hasn't started procreating yet. Tiffany, his youngest daughter, from his marriage to Marla, is still single.

• Love 5

Watching so much this evening, these women are completely credible to me, particularly since we have Trump's own corroboration shamelessly describing how he treats women (even coming prepared with the Tic Tacs). I don't think there's any doubt that its true which means....he's just brazenly lying in his speeches to supporters.

Not just lying, but stoking their belief (because they believe what he tells them) in a "global conspiracy" led by "international banks" of which the "Washington establishment, the press, and the Clintons" are all enmeshed and which Trump, too, used to be part of . But now that he's broken free to become a champion of hard working American people, all of the above forces are bearing down on him, determined to make him lose, even if it means getting these women to lie about him --lies that the corrupt media, Washington politicians and the Clintons will go along with in order to destroy Trump and his "movement".  Yet, he warns that its a "rigged system" that is taking away "our last chance to change America."

This is what he said today and this is what his people believe.  If you read all that convinced, instead, that he's "guilty as charged" and is just lying his ass off with red meat conspiracies straight from Steve Bannon, its nauseatingly corrupt, hypocritical and cynical.  Then you watch all those interviews with his supporters who don't care at ALL whether or not he assaulted anyone... everyone... they just believe in him completely.  He tells them--convinces them completely--that if Hillary wins "it will be the destruction of our country, believe me."

How horrible is this? How unbelievably EVIL is this man?  

Also, if he's already so abusive and arrogant with the wealth and power he HAS, what kind of monster would he be if he were president?

• Love 16
23 hours ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Your Rush Limbaugh love is showing. 

There's no such thing as the "liberal media."  The editorial decisions are all corporate, i.e., for profit, eyeballs ratings, and those things are definitely not liberal.  

The Access Hollywood talk was not a private conversation.  

As usual, liberals won't admit the mainstream media is liberal.  They always seem to have an excuse.  I wonder why.

Raise your hand if you think ABC, CBS, NBC, PMSNBC and CNN aren't liberal? 

3 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

As usual, liberals won't admit the mainstream media is liberal.  They always seem to have an excuse.  I wonder why.

If you're going to repeat such assertions, some examples would be useful.  Otherwise you're just repeating Limbaigh/Hannity/O'Reilly talking points.  

• Love 17
4 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

They're largely overtly Democrat leaning, but that's hardly identical to simply being 'liberal'. Also, covertly Disney,  Universal,  and CBS Corporation have plenty of links to Republican stockholders,  Executives,  and some Conservative economic  ideologies. 

But none of that automatically equates to them being BIASED,  which is what you really mean.  

They're not Fox News or god forbid, Breitbart. 

• Love 19

Can this election be over so I can safely drink my morning coffee without getting nauseated

A news brief published in the Chicago Tribune at the time said the girls were part of a youth choir singing outside the Plaza Hotel in New York City when Trump approached them and asked their ages. 

“Wow,” Trump replied after being told they were 14, according to the account, which resurfaced this week. “Just think ― in a couple of years I’ll be dating you.”

"A couple"--when they would be 16. And are we seeing a pattern here yet? He couldn't just tell the girls they sang well? He simply cannot see women as anything more than meat. That's the least crude way I am capable of saying it at the moment. Notice it's always, "I'll be dating you." Not "I'll ask you out." or something that would still be concerning and disgusting directed at young girls, but at least considered Ruch Limbaugh's least favorite concept: consent. 

And, wow, that cunning liberal media having the foresight to put an article in a 1992 paper to discredit poor beleaguered 2016 presidential hopeful Donald Trump, who just wants to let little girls know they will someday be worthy of being groped without their consent. Yeah, a shot of the physical paper was linked in the article. 

Edited by Darian
  • Love 22
6 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

Hand.

The Nation and Mother Jones are the liberal media.  Those five networks are owned by four huge corporations and are there to sell cars, drugs, investment accounts, and mortgages.

• Love 19

The "liberal media" is largely to blame for our Orange Julius Caesar.  He loved the media when he got millions or billions in free publicity.  Now, that he's finally being scrutinized and held accountable for his actions and statements, oh it's an eveeeeel conspiracy.  HRC has faced years of scrutiny, fair and unfair, by the media.  You don't see her crying like a whiny little bitch.  According to DJT Jr., if you can't handle 'harassment' then you need to find a new job or new line of work.  Maybe he should share that tidbit with dear old dad.  

I can't see how anyone believes that the OJC cares about anyone other than himself.  It's DJT first and foremost.  

Now there's some ad running here about how HRC lies.  This coming from the world champion of liars.  I cannot even stand it when his mug comes on tv; I cannot reach for the remote fast enough.  

The best thing that could happen after the election (AFTER HRC wins overwhelmingly) is that DJT disappears.  The "liberal media" shouldn't cover one thing he does or says.  Why would we care?  Let him fade into oblivion and be part of a very sad stretch of US history as an asterisk.  I'd love to tell him, sorry we don't care what you think, you're a has been, then watch him implode.  He's all about being in the spotlight, bad or good.  No spotlight would crush him.

His rabid followers might stick with him for a while, until a new shiny replacement comes along.

• Love 21
7 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

Yeah, yeah, liberals bad. No, I won't "admit" something that isn't true. I could turn that around and play the same game, but I don't think we get productive, enjoyable discourse accusing each other of lying and "refusing to admit" when there are differences of opinion. YMMV. 

I have to ask, is "PMSNBC" a typo? If not, could you explain what you mean? Thanks ever so...

• Love 11
24 minutes ago, Darian said:

I have to ask, is "PMSNBC" a typo? If not, could you explain what you mean? Thanks ever so...

Not a typo. It appears to commonly be used by Rush Limbaugh et al. I assume the "PMS" would be some anti-women slam. 

6 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

Not a typo. It appears to commonly be used by Rush Limbaugh et al. I assume the "PMS" would be some anti-women slam. 

Thank you. Good grief, this anti-women stuff is relentless. I hope Jordan lets me know if that is what he meant or not. I do try to give the benefit of the doubt.

• Love 9

I assume when PMS is used to slam women, it's that women are irrational, emotional, temperamental, bloated during certain times of the month.  Well then the Republican candidate must be PMS'ing  24/7, 365 days a year.   

• Love 22
17 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

I assume when PMS is used to slam women, it's that women are irrational, emotional, temperamental, bloated during certain times of the month

OMG, go to the Samantha Bee thread.  I posted a clip of a web extra where, at the end,  a Drumpfite is worried about HRC, a 68 year old woman, having her period and being unable to function as POTUS. 

I agree with @Darian about the morning coffee.  I clicked on a link someone posted to a story about Donald and Ivana's sex life yesterday.  I was shocked, but I never finished reading it.  I get it.  He's deplorable.  

• Love 6
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

According to DJT Jr., if you can't handle 'harassment' then you need to find a new job or new line of work.  Maybe he should share that tidbit with dear old dad.  

You know, before this whole presidential run, I actually had respect for Don Jr and Ivanka (Eric...not so much.  He always seemed like a total tool).  When I saw them on The Apprentice, they seemed a little too deferential to their dad (but who isn't?), but like good eggs who were smart, and didn't necessarily share some of DT's tackier thoughts and opinions.  But throughout this whole campaign, a really ugly side of both of them has come out and it's not a good look on them.  Any respect and thoughts of "Wow, Ivana did a good job in raising them" have gone completely out the window.  

• Love 11
21 minutes ago, starri said:

That, and its flagship personality is a woman.  Worse, a lesbian.

I have no idea what this means. (?) 

Thanks to all for sharing your painful experiences here and for being able to work through them as you have done. There are a lot of great, brave women out there, who "get" that what Trump bragged about is/should be completely disqualifying. I appreciated Rachel showing Michelle's speech yesterday--and for the First Lady to wade into the controversy a bit on behalf of women everywhere (and men, too, as they also face abuse and in some ways its even harder to report. Interesting that if these allegations against Trump were from men, I don't think the Republicans would be downplaying them as they are.)

It's hard for me to process the comments of the women at these rallies who still support Trump and think what he bragged about is "no big deal". Maybe some of them have never experienced it themselves? Or are thoroughly brainwashed into thinking (1) boys will be boys or (2) that its supposed to be a compliment?  I don't know, but I watched them defend him and I don't get it.

As for CNN being "liberal", why do they have Lewandowski working for them? That bugs beyond belief. Zucker was head of NBC when Trump was there and I think of it as a favor to a pal. But Lewandowski is still on Trump's payroll as a "consultant" (for $20k a month--okay, recently paid up in advance because of the controversy--not a solution). They talk, he spins for Trump, apparently as directed to from Trump Tower, and CNN pays him, too. It's disgraceful.

Then there's FOX. Imagine if Hillary had a relationship with MSNBC or CNN like Trump does with Fox...carte blanche to come on a network any time he wants and spin any way he feels like, even friendly hour long townhalls with softball questions from Hannity and other supporters---she'd be criticized for it constantly and so would they. For Trump and Fox? Everyone just accepts the lack of journalism or fairness on his behalf.

MSNBC says its rumored Trump will defend himself later by blaming Mexican billionaire Carlos Slim for these women coming forward! Wow, how I hope that insane conspiracy theory really IS his defense!

And Gloria Allred has another woman coming forward this afternoon to describe what happened to her.

After Ari Melber reviewed the facts around the women Trump paraded to the cameras on Sunday, he deserves every bit of shaming he receives now.  He didn't care about their credibility AT ALL, and the women accusing him are far more believable--particularly since those claims were thoroughly investigated, no charges filed. Unlike Trump's accusers...so far.

• Love 10
6 minutes ago, Padma said:

I have no idea what this means. (?) 

The flagship program on MSNBC is The Rachel Maddow Show, whose titular anchor is an out lesbian.  The inference being that a network with a lesbian as its public face is somehow less than.  And thus the demeaning label.

I have truly never understood why some people--and this is true on both sides of the aisle--think that bad puns like PMSNBC and "Barry Obummer"--are the height of wit.

• Love 16
3 hours ago, Darian said:

Can this election be over so I can safely drink my morning coffee without getting nauseated

"A couple"--when they would be 16. And are we seeing a pattern here yet? He couldn't just tell the girls they sang well? He simply cannot see women as anything more than meat. That's the least crude way I am capable of saying it at the moment. Notice it's always, "I'll be dating you." Not "I'll ask you out." or something that would still be concerning and disgusting directed at young girls, but at least considered Ruch Limbaugh's least favorite concept: consent. 

And, wow, that cunning liberal media having the foresight to put an article in a 1992 paper to discredit poor beleaguered 2016 presidential hopeful Donald Trump, who just wants to let little girls know they will someday be worthy of being groped without their consent. Yeah, a shot of the physical paper was linked in the article. 

It's not only creepy, it's astonishing, that he seems to use this line so often to young girls. Like, in what universe does he think they would want to be told this? You're singing for people in a choir and all some creepy 46 year old man can say is he's "going to" be dating you in a decade (when he's 56)!  Whoa, girls! Your dream comes true!

Ick. Yet I believe every one of these women because he talks and acts like a predator. The arrogance and complete and total lack of empathy with his victims. Even laughing on Howard Stern when Robin called him that. (And 24 year old Ivanka, appearing with him, laughing too and even patting him proudly on the back! Bizarre.) I'm so grateful to whoever leaked the Access Hollywood tape. Imagine this man as President of the United States! (/shudders. Has nightmares.)

• Love 16
2 hours ago, hoosier80 said:

The "liberal media" is largely to blame for our Orange Julius Caesar.  He loved the media when he got millions or billions in free publicity.  Now, that he's finally being scrutinized and held accountable for his actions and statements, oh it's an eveeeeel conspiracy.  HRC has faced years of scrutiny, fair and unfair, by the media.  You don't see her crying like a whiny little bitch.  According to DJT Jr., if you can't handle 'harassment' then you need to find a new job or new line of work.  Maybe he should share that tidbit with dear old dad.  

I think there's enough blame to go around to maybe point a few fingers at the Republican Party.

Did all of those potentials just not take don seriously?

There were, what, twelve Repub. debates and nine forums? Not one of those participants could do anything other than stand around with their thumbs up their butts and let Donald take the prize?

What were they thinking?

• Love 12
11 hours ago, HunterHunted said:

I absolutely believe every part of Kasich's account. Kasich didn't even show up to the convention that was being held in the state of which he is the sitting governor. You don't do that unless you have palpable level of disgust for the lazy ignorant huckster who has hijacked your political party.

Trump didn't hijack the party, he was given the consent he doesn't believe he needs. They rolled over for him. 

• Love 10
9 hours ago, Jordan27 said:

Are you o.k.? Does your left arm hurt?  Is there someone we can call?

• Love 11
3 hours ago, Darian said:

The crazy thing is - Trump probably thought he was paying them the highest compliment possible.  "you're so pretty,  In a couple of years, you could be dating ME, a rich guy!" 

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

I think there's enough blame to go around to maybe point a few fingers at the Republican Party.

Did all of those potentials just not take don seriously?

There were, what, twelve Repub. debates and nine forums? Not one of those participants could do anything other than stand around with their thumbs up their butts and let Donald take the prize?

What were they thinking?

I think that they all truly believed he would drop out once he got bored.  Sure, he gets a lot of applause, media attention, praise, but then he quits for whatever reason once the real "hard work" sets in. He never stayed in a race to debates before and rarely even to the primaries.  I think they were all completely shocked that Trump got so many votes in the primaries.  This is what comes when your party has essentially antagonized and repudiated the majority of your intelligent voters on the fiscal conservative side because you've pandered to and riled up the far less educated with all the social issues.  I think it really shows how much tabloid TV has taken over the lives of a significant amount of the populace.

• Love 3
4 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

Michelle Obama's takedown of Trump was epic, which means that Melania will plagarize it in a couple of days, if not sooner

Has Melania actually spoken since the convention? She issued a statement about the tape and her lawyer sent a stupid lether to People but is she out actively campaigning and doing a stump speach?

• Love 6