Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

What did any other Republicans have as a slogan? "Jeb!"?  After all those months, I never knew one, even after they saw what Trump was doing they never copied it. So dumb.

Well, Jeb(?!) tried to float "Jeb can fix it!" as a slogan for about four hours before the laughter and mocking completely tanked it. 

Now all he has is a weird punctuation of his name that makes me think of Q-Bert from the video game when the little guy gets killed. Jeb?!)(*)(*$ 

I wonder if he had to train himself to stop using the exclamation point after the primaries.

• Love 3
1 minute ago, madmaverick said:

Australia has compulsory voting.  I wonder how that would affect outcomes if that were the case in the U.S.  Would you have more informed voters or just about the same mix of informed and ill-informed? 

Republicans would never win an election if that happened.  Heavy participation almost always favors Democrats, which might curb the problem of two-year amnesia when they forget to vote in midterms.

I'm really sorry that DNC wasn't generally better positioned for Trump imploding.  While I still doubt they'd have flipped the House, they could have lessened the majority by a lot.  And since I won't be surprised if the election of the Speaker will have two Republican candidates, they'd have a good shot of at least getting the Speakership back.

• Love 2

Probably more stupid uninformed people would be voting if it were law. If someone doesn't care enough about our country and the world to make the minimal effort  to mail in an absentee ballot then I don't want them influencing my life just because the law says they have to vote..

• Love 11
16 minutes ago, starri said:

I'm really sorry that DNC wasn't generally better positioned for Trump imploding.  While I still doubt they'd have flipped the House, they could have lessened the majority by a lot.

Well, since the KGB hacked into the DNC's files, and caused the firing of the DNC's leadership and erosion of structure, I'd say they are in disarray.  Now the DNC must necessarily either talk sitting in disguise on park benches, or use emails that are being read by everybody on earth.  And since apparently a bulk of Democrats are precious naifs who don't understand that politics involves heavy measures of aggression, compromise, and plotting... the DNC no longer has the stomach for Machiavellian maneuvers, such as, predict Donald Trump is an easy mark who needs to be set up, and prep every down ballot candidate to tie their opponent to any negative issue involving Trump.
Also the DNC should have been raising a fortune off of Trump's misogyny alone.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, 33kaitykaity said:

Rachel did a great job defining Pepe as well, the green frog face TrumpJr retweeted as one of the faces of the Deplorables from Hillary comment fame.  

I was going to write more, but that Mother Jones article is really good.  

I just finished reading that article, and I can't tell you how frightening it is.  What's even scarier are the cast of characters that Drumpf has chosen to surround himself with.  What infuriates me is how tepid the mainstream media has been about this up until now when Drumpf has gone off the rails with his "global conspiracy" nonsense.  Some of us have been like voices crying in the wilderness FOR MONTHS about the racist groups supporting Drumpf and how they made no effort to hide it.  When Uday Trump pulled a meme from one of those sites a few weeks ago, it's as if hardly anyone noticed except Rachel Maddow and a few brave others.  

I'm glad that this article also made sure to mention that it wasn't just Drumpf embracing these Deplorables.  His surrogates, organizers and fambly members have all been painted with the same brush.  This makes his son-in-law even more of a shit stain.

• Love 16

For those who have never seen or heard what was said at the infamous 2011 White House Correspondent Dinner here's a link to all that happened. President Obama took the podium and was jabbing at Trump who sat in the audience smiling. It was right after the birther issue when Donald Trump kept insisting that President Obama wasn't entitled to be the President because he wasn't born in the USA, which of course he was. Donald Trump was nasty, bigoted and relentless in the pursuit of this line of questioned regarding the President's legitimacy. Barack Obama put it to rest by producing his birth certificate. But the bad feelings between them weren't going to go away, ever. The comedian Seth Meyers took the podium and started lobbing verbal bombs at Trump. This is when his face and disposition went from a smile to a 'they're gonna pay' look on his face.

If you wonder where the defining moment was that Donald Trump vowed to himself to take over this country by becoming President at any cost, this undoubtedly is that moment.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/lifestyle/style/i-sat-next-to-donald-trump-at-the-infamous-2011-white-house-correspondents-dinner/2016/04/27/5cf46b74-0bea-11e6-8ab8-9ad050f76d7d_story.html

DonaldTrumpWHCD_copy1461791290.jpg?uuid=

• Love 14

Trump was close to running for president in 2000 and talking about it as early as 1988. I've read the article--NYT? Maggie Huberman?--whoever it was speculating, I don't buy it. Trump looks like that most of the time. Reporters said he was angry but he said he wasn't, that "it was funny" and he was "honored" that the president's WHCD routine was "all about me". For a change, I believe him.

I think his run for the presidency probably had something to do with making money (pimping his new DC hotel?) or distracting people from the Trump U lawsuits or some other self-serving goal--making the "name" even more expensive for licensees? Getting more international business,  inc. Russia? No idea, but I don't think Obama's funny routine about Trump (much funnier than Meyers) set him on this path. He'd pretty much been floating it every election for years. This time, nearing 70, it was now or never.

• Love 3
5 minutes ago, Padma said:

I think his run for the presidency probably had something to do with making money (pimping his new DC hotel?) or distracting people from the Trump U lawsuits or some other self-serving goal--making the "name" even more expensive for licensees?

Maybe he thought that if he got elected he would have immunity from further prosecutions. 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, backformore said:

I have known people who don't register to vote because it puts them in the pool for jury duty. 

In some areas, having a driver's license does the same thing. 

That's sad to hear because as a US citizen, I feel that we all have obligations to be a part of a democratic society and one of those obligations is to serve on a jury if called.

1 hour ago, backformore said:

I have known people who don't register to vote because it puts them in the pool for jury duty. 

In some areas, having a driver's license does the same thing. 

I agree with Padma, if people don't take enough interest in an election that's as important as a Presidential election and I don't mean to diminish the importance of local and State elections either, but if they can't at least pay attention to who is going to be the next President then I don't want any of them being forced to vote. Having ill-informed people going blindly and uninformed into the voting booth is just frightening. It's just inexcusable in my book because all the information is there for the taking, we don't have to look any further than the internet, morning newspaper, or television. You only need a desire to be a part of the process and to have some say in the matter.  If it didn't matter this much, we'd all be governed under a dictator like Kim Jong-Un, or Vladimir Putin.

• Love 3

Some people participate in public life in other ways than the ballot box, and plenty don't vote because they feel no one running cares about the issues that are important to them are or representative of their point of view.  That is their choice.  And, while I personally don't know anyone who avoids jury duty by not registering to vote, I do know people who can't afford the time off work to serve on a jury.  I also know of others who don't register out of privacy concerns (think domestic violence victims).  I'm very thankful we don't have compulsory voting in this country.  It has always struck me as undemocratic. 

Anyway, the look on Trump's face in that correspondents' dinner photo is hilarious.  He's so petty, vindictive and thin-skinned.  There was a reporter on MSNBC this morning asking people if they thought the election was being rigged.  One woman said yes, and insisted that Lyndon Johnson had cows vote for him or some such bullshit.  Most said no, though, and one fabulous woman laughed and said that Trump was a fool.  I wish more people would mock him and laugh at him.  His ego can't take it.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, backformore said:

this is interesting:  

Looks like someone IS trying to "rig the election" by convincing Hillary supporters to just vote with a hashtag, and not bother going to the polls.

They tried similar shit the last general election by putting out ads and posters giving the wrong date for the election in predominantly black neighborhoods.

http://www.demos.org/publication/millions-polls-deceptive-practices-intimidation

• Love 6

I saw part of an article the other day, unfortunately I can't remember where as I have been reading so many with the election coming up, where Trump Jr. stated something to the effect that, if women can't tolerate being sexually harassed, they should all become kindergarten teachers. I found this just so awful on so many levels. First, kindergarten teachers most certainly have been sexually harassed, just like those of us in other jobs. Second, teachers (of all grades/levels) are so important to this country and his statement, to me, belittles that. And of course, sexual harassment should never be acceptable.

He (or maybe it was Trump himself) also said that a woman who can't tolerate sexual harassment can't negotiate multi-billion dollar deals. Bullshit. I've taken more than my fair share of sexual harassment and abuse in the workplace in the past (which I definitely should not have had to - it is appalling the things that were said and done at one of the first places I worked out of Law/Business school to the point where I would just go home and cry) and yet I still I negotiate and close huge deals every day as an attorney for a large tech company, as do many other women. I work across the globe and have good relationships with my counterparts at other companies world wide and have earned their respect and trust as they know I am very above board, ethical, and honest with them. If Trump is elected, this country will be a laughing stock as there will be constant "President Pussy Grabber" jokes, among many others, and we'll look unbelievably stupid if that Orange Walking Penis who has a dead animal on his head and knows nothing about policy or diplomacy wins this thing. He will destroy diplomacy, except maybe with Russia, though he stands of a fair chance of fucking that up and bringing us back to Cold War days, or he may just decide to sell the US to Russia, who knows?

We also all know that "The Donald," sociopath, egomaniac and so easily butt hurt as he is,  doesn't have the self restraint not to push that red button in the  middle of one of his tweet rages in the middle of the night and has no clue what Mutually Assured Destruction (MAD) even means, which helped hold off anyone launching a nuke during the Cold War - they knew that if they did, others would be a second behind and then there would be virtually nothing left. That's what a Trump Presidency would leave us with - virtually nothing. I would feel extremely sorry for the poor person who would have to follow his term in the (hopefully) very unlikely event that he wins. Hopefully he gets impeached and is forced to resign or something as no one would be able to unravel the mess he would leave us in even if they had a full 8 years to do so.

I am so glad I have dual citizenship with the UK since, if that Orange POS does win, we'll likely be relocating.

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 12

What troubles me most every day is that this election has no system of checks and balances.

In any contest, there are always referees, judges, etc. to call out illicit behavior -- to say, "hey, you can't do that."

All such oversight has been abdicated or made obsolete in this election.   

There's no one who can step in and say, "This is not acceptable.  You have to stop."

The press used to fill those shoes to some extent, both in reportage and editorial.   But today the press operates under the zany premise that the views of both sides must be accorded equal weight, no matter how looney tunes one side may be.  This approach bestows undeserved credibility upon such delusions.   And gives outrageous, unfounded claims a foothold where none should ever have been gained.   Not that the press any longer has a claim to legitimacy: it gave that up the instant it began regurgitating hacked information, participating in an practice best described by the phrase "receiving stolen goods." 

Even our President and elected officials seem only half-hearted in their condemnations of the unacceptable.  It's like they're worried they might offend the people who would "lock them up" given the chance.

Only we the people remain, and those who haven't sold their souls already are stricken with feelings of helplessness, fear and apathy.  All we can do is hope that Randall Flagg/Greg Stillson doesn't win in three weeks.   It's not a very reassuring plan. 

I guess I worry every day because there is no one to save us.  The people and institutions who were supposed to do that either looked the other way or fell asleep at the switch.   Now look where we are.

Edited by millennium
  • Love 11

Two articles in two days by two different organizations have laid out how Trump has cultivated the support of white supremacists.  Hopefully this is something that news outlets will keep reporting.  It is vital that people know just what it is they're supporting here.

• Love 6
33 minutes ago, millennium said:

What troubles me most every day is that this election has no system of checks and balances.

In any contest, there are always referees, judges, etc. to call out illicit behavior -- to say, "hey, you can't do that."

All such oversight has been abdicated or made obsolete in this election.   

There's no one who can step in and say, "This is not acceptable.  You have to stop."

The press used to fill those shoes to some extent, both in reportage and editorial.   But today the press operates under the zany premise that the views of both sides must be accorded equal weight, no matter how looney tunes one side may be.  This approach bestows undeserved credibility upon such delusions.   And gives outrageous, unfounded claims a foothold where none should ever have been gained.   Not that the press any longer has a claim to legitimacy: it gave that up the instant it began regurgitating hacked information, participating in an practice best described by the phrase "receiving stolen goods." 

Even our President and elected officials seem only half-hearted in their condemnations of the unacceptable.  It's like they're worried they might offend the people who would "lock them up" given the chance.

Only we the people remain, and those who haven't sold their souls already are stricken with feelings of helplessness, fear and apathy.  All we can do is hope that Randall Flagg/Greg Stillson doesn't win in three weeks.   It's not a very reassuring plan. 

I guess I worry every day because there is no one to save us.  The people and institutions who were supposed to do that either looked the other way or fell asleep at the switch.   Now look where we are.

I can vaguely remember when debates were just that--debates on policy issues.  No one engaged in personal insults about people's beauty, "hand size" and the inference drawn from it, or were called mocking names (i.e., Little Marco).  I remember political seasons where one person didn't suck all the air out of the room.  I remember political seasons where there were adults in the room who didn't take to social media in the wee hours of the morning to attack their opponents and others.  I remember when politicians actually had to know something and were expected to be smarter than me.  The last "debate" between the Tangerine One and Secretary Clinton left me feeling enraged, diminished and needing a bath.  The idea that a candidate and his surrogates are so lacking in boundaries that they would stage a stunt such as the one Drumpf did left me speechless and seething.

I remember when the media acted as the public's watchdog.  They didn't stick a microphone in someone's face every 5 minutes to see what fool thing would come out of that person's mouth next.  Some things automatically disqualified a person such as outright lying about a sitting president; aligning one's self with white supremacists; openly admiring dictators; and encouraging foreign enemies to hack the records of one's opponent.  Presidential candidates, just as a matter of course, provided several years' worth of tax records.  Presidential candidates didn't intentionally whip up crazy folk to intimidate voters who don't look like them or preemptively tried to invalidate elections they didn't win.

Both parties tried to give us the best from which to choose.  We've been getting clown cars filled with folks who ran their own states and/or storied companies into the ground.  We've been getting people who are woefully ignorant and proud of it.  We've been getting people who have told me by their words and deeds that they don't give a damn about people who look like me.  In fact, they don't even attempt to work for my vote, having written off entire groups of people.

I mentioned in another thread how this election has frayed relationships and friendships, and that saddens me more than anything else.

• Love 14
10 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

I can vaguely remember when debates were just that--debates on policy issues.  No one engaged in personal insults about people's beauty, "hand size" and the inference drawn from it, or were called mocking names (i.e., Little Marco).  I remember political seasons where one person didn't suck all the air out of the room.  I remember political seasons where there were adults in the room who didn't take to social media in the wee hours of the morning to attack their opponents and others.  I remember when politicians actually had to know something and were expected to be smarter than me.  The last "debate" between the Tangerine One and Secretary Clinton left me feeling enraged, diminished and needing a bath.  The idea that a candidate and his surrogates are so lacking in boundaries that they would stage a stunt such as the one Drumpf did left me speechless and seething.

I remember when the media acted as the public's watchdog.  They didn't stick a microphone in someone's face every 5 minutes to see what fool thing would come out of that person's mouth next.  Some things automatically disqualified a person such as outright lying about a sitting president; aligning one's self with white supremacists; openly admiring dictators; and encouraging foreign enemies to hack the records of one's opponent.  Presidential candidates, just as a matter of course, provided several years' worth of tax records.  Presidential candidates didn't intentionally whip up crazy folk to intimidate voters who don't look like them or preemptively tried to invalidate elections they didn't win.

I remember when George W. Bush seemed like the worst conceivable President we could/would ever have.   And when he was gone, there was a collective sigh of "I hope we don't ever make that mistake again."

Mission accomplished.

• Love 24
12 minutes ago, atomationage said:

Remember when there was a whole website "We're Sorry", of Americans apologizing for George W Bush?  I wonder what it would be if Drumpf managed to get elected somehow.

If they don't got the balls now I have to think that ^^^ ain't gonna happen.

3 hours ago, madmaverick said:

I don't know who thought of the "Make America Great Again" slogan but I have to say that was a genius stroke from their campaign.  It encapsulates that nostalgia for the economic/racial past that is so very appealing to Trump's core demo.

It reminds me of what Prince said re: Justin Timberlake's song I'm bringing sexy back: "Sexy never left!"

• Love 8

I just saw an article by the Washington Post that reads, in part:

"Of course there is large scale voter fraud happening on and before election day," Republican nominee Donald Trump tweeted this morning. "Why do Republican leaders deny what is going on? So naive!"

There's an awful lot to unpack here. The obvious point is that no, there is no "large scale voter fraud" happening. One of the most comprehensive investigations into voter impersonation found only 31 possibly fraudulent ballots out of over 1 billion votes cast between 2000 and 2014.

A bevy of investigations over the years, from media outlets, academics, the courts and various government agencies have similarly found that voter fraud is so rare as to be non-existent.

But these facts have been public for years and many Trump supporters are unlikely to be swayed by them. A Politico/Morning Consult poll released this morning, for instance, found that nearly half of Trump voters aren't confident that their votes will be counted accurately.

So his whole "rigging" thing is pretty much out the window, though it is sad that his supporters still believe the Orange Douchebag and think they're votes won't be counted properly. Those will be the ones sitting outside the polling places to "watch the others" to make sure nothing strange is going on (i.e. minorities and women voting - especially women that are "unattractive" by Trump standards, since that seems be one of the biggest issues with him lately and that he has made a focal point of his).

He should change his campaign slogan to "No "Fat (or ugly) Chicks," meaning no one more than 5lbs over what he thinks is their "ideal Trump determined weight" in his mind. Donald, look in the damn mirror. If you were just an average Joe, no woman would look twice at you.  

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

With regard to Trump's threats to "Lock her UP!" and have a special proscecutor--the other day when the Washington Post editorial board gave her a very clear sighted endorsement, one of the members of the board was interviewed on MSNBC and he said something that I wish I could quote perfectly, but I can't--but it was words to the effect of " The difference in our democracy is that when we have elections, the winner goes on to govern, and the loser lives on to fight again" and then he cited a number of countries where the winner punished or executed the loser, and since then I've really carried that with me.    The reason Trump will go on to start yet another shady business will be that he lives in America, where he has been allowed to lie, cheat, and hold the country hostage, and (hopefully lose) and he will still have the right to go on with his dishonest little life and probably profit from it.  

I hope both parties are going to put in place some kind of way to make people who want to run prove they are mentally qualified before they are allowed to run, and some kind of process for either party to reject or disqualify a candidate.
This year has proven that too much can go wrong and there is no way to address it with the rules they have in place.

Edited by car54
  • Love 12

What's actually funny, and what Trump is too stupid to understand, is that his rigged voting talk could blow up in his face by causing his klan mem...uh...supporters...to stay home in belief that their vote won't count anyway

• Love 7
43 minutes ago, HumblePi said:

I had to edit because I just saw a clip of Donald Trump raging at his rally about this election being rigged. Now he sounds like a man out of control and out of touch with reality. I'll go out on a limb to say that there is absolutely nothing that this man will not do to get himself elected or disrupt and destroy the entire election process. He's gone off the rails completely and he's simply a really a dangerous man.

Bold mine.

I've put the news on some mornings wondering if the news will be that DonnyBoy was institutionalized. Most memorably, for me, the morning after the teleprompter destruction.

• Love 8

Well, this is the first time that Donald has had to rely on public opinion for a "job", he's never had to care about what people thought before, he could just buy whatever he wanted and screw what people think, he's a spoiled brat who has always gotten his way and that's not happening this time.

• Love 12
43 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

What's actually funny, and what Trump is too stupid to understand, is that his rigged voting talk could blow up in his face by causing his klan mem...uh...supporters...to stay home in belief that their vote won't count anyway

Chris Matthews said something similar tonight.  It's as if he's sending a signal that this is over for him.  It's no accident that his trifling son-in-law is seeking investors for a Trump media venture at this time.

How his fans take it is another matter.  He is clearly such a sociopath that he doesn't care who his wild rantings may hurt.  Nor, does he care that someone may decide to take action into his own hands and do the very thing he has been whipping up his cult members to do on his behalf.  Like Sarah Palin before him, Drumpf talks shit and when someone does exactly what he was exhorting them to do, he will jump back and claim he was just kidding.

• Love 9
42 minutes ago, WhitneyWhit said:

Well, this is the first time that Donald has had to rely on public opinion for a "job", he's never had to care about what people thought before, he could just buy whatever he wanted and screw what people think, he's a spoiled brat who has always gotten his way and that's not happening this time.

We should be more compassionate and forgiving.   Mr. Trump suffers from affluenza.   Fully 1% of Americans are susceptible to this condition.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, madmaverick said:

Melania says Donald says Billy egged him on. It was just "boy talk".

This excuse makes no sense at all. Trump told Bush how he assaulted women in his presence, "...just can't help myself." "They let me do it...I'm a celebrity." These weren't passing comments at an attractive woman walking by, this was Trump bragging about his own past behaviorEven if Bush somehow "egged him on" these were things HE DID! I know that -- and she knows that. The difference is, I'm not the one luxuriating on a golden bed surrounded by thousands of pairs of Louboutin shoes I "earned" for sleeping with my disgusting orange menace of a husband. 

She is a pitiful woman. But she signed up for that mess on her own free will. Let her suffer her consequences for her choices -- then and now -- on a daily basis. 

31 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This excuse makes no sense at all. Trump told Bush how he assaulted women in his presence, "...just can't help myself." "They let me do it...I'm a celebrity." These weren't passing comments at an attractive woman walking by, this was Trump bragging about his own past behaviorEven if Bush somehow "egged him on" these were things HE DID! 

Did Billy Bush goad Trump to say he tried to f^ck Nancy O'Dell?  Or did ol' Donald come up with that all by himself?  Nice try, Milania.

• Love 8

Melania doesn't deserve any pity since she plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech. She's an idiot.

Also, there's a difference between "when you're a celebrity, they let  you do it" and being frozen from fear and horror when someone molests you. Fuck anyone who tries and defend this shit. Wait, no. there is no difference.

Edited by ABitOFluff
  • Love 14

It's just bizarre to me how these flimsy, illogical excuses work for him. His supporters will be all over it tomorrow, "yeah that's right it's Billy's fault," just like they latched on to "Hillary started the birther movement" and "it's just locker room talk everyone does it jeez grow up." He's like Baghdad Bob x a million. Hell he makes Baghdad Bob look sincere. (Not actually sure that's how you spell Baghdad.)

• Love 8
12 minutes ago, ABitOFluff said:

Melania doesn't deserve any pity since she plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech. She's an idiot.

Also, there's a difference between "when you're a celebrity, they let  you do it" and being frozen from fear and horror when someone molests you. Fuck anyone who tries and defend this shit. Wait, no. there is no difference.

The plagiarizing was bad enough, but the bragging the morning of on the Today show how she wrote the whole thing herself. Ugghh. I want Baron to run, run as fast as you can and get away, save yourself. Emulate real human beings, not these sub-humans.

• Love 12
19 minutes ago, callmebetty said:

The plagiarizing was bad enough, but the bragging the morning of on the Today show how she wrote the whole thing herself. Ugghh. I want Baron to run, run as fast as you can and get away, save yourself. Emulate real human beings, not these sub-humans.

As I was saying to a relative at the time (and unfortunately I've had to repeat to other relatives) plagiarism is bad enough. But to plagiarize the First Lady after the amount of criticism your husband throws at the president? That's a huge level of what-the-fuck-you've-got-to-be-kidding-me. I would say it's Andy Kaufman level of parody, but unfortunately, it's not.

Barron, (sorry I missed the double r's there the first time). The kid is screwed unless Melania comes to her senses and takes him back to Europe.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Giant Misfit said:

This excuse makes no sense at all. Trump told Bush how he assaulted women in his presence, "...just can't help myself." "They let me do it...I'm a celebrity." These weren't passing comments at an attractive woman walking by, this was Trump bragging about his own past behaviorEven if Bush somehow "egged him on" these were things HE DID! I know that -- and she knows that. The difference is, I'm not the one luxuriating on a golden bed surrounded by thousands of pairs of Louboutin shoes I "earned" for sleeping with my disgusting orange menace of a husband. 

She is a pitiful woman. But she signed up for that mess on her own free will. Let her suffer her consequences for her choices -- then and now -- on a daily basis. 

Man, what a silly heffa!  That's why I don't have any sympathy for this glorified, legal hooker.  If her tangerine sponsor didn't have the money, she wouldn't have given him a second glance.

It's bad enough she plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech.  Now, she's out here trying to defend the indefensible.  What was your price, Melania?  Another bauble or two?  Enjoy the "low life" while you can, girlfriend!  I just hope she kept the box she came wrapped in because when her "warranty" expires, her sponsor will be looking for a younger model at one of his pageants.

• Love 11
2 hours ago, WhitneyWhit said:

We can only hope.

Just now, SoSueMe said:

We can only hope.

ETA ...I only just found these political forums, thank you PreviouslyTV!!!

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

Man, what a silly heffa!  That's why I don't have any sympathy for this glorified, legal hooker.  If her tangerine sponsor didn't have the money, she wouldn't have given him a second glance.

It's bad enough she plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech.  Now, she's out here trying to defend the indefensible.  What was your price, Melania?  Another bauble or two?  Enjoy the "low life" while you can, girlfriend!  I just hope she kept the box she came wrapped in because when her "warranty" expires, her sponsor will be looking for a younger model at one of his pageants.

Well, Melania has her divorce settlement/inheritance (which ever comes first) to think about. She is probably well aware that Marla only got a million, pocket change to these folks, so she is being very, very, careful.

• Love 10

Just saw Melania's interview (part). She looks so incredibly fake and seems as dumb as her husband.  Her excuses (after telling him, "that is not appropriate", like a child) were (1) maybe they didn't know they were miked; (2) Billy egged him on (did she even listen to it?)  and (3) it's release was orchestrated by the Clintons plus the media to make him look bad because they've conspired against him.

So... indefensible.  And it took a week to practice that?  At least Hillary sat with Bill while she supported his affair. When Melania gave her (completely unconvincing) interview, Donald was in Wisconsin. 

Oh, and that photo with the little African American girl?  She's too old to be picked up like that but also, watch him go in for the kiss. I'd swear its on the lips but she turns her head and it winds up on the cheek.  He's soooo gross!

• Love 11

Makes me think of the Howard Stern video where Robin says Trump's a sexual predator and he laughs and 24 year old Ivanka looks surprised then as if he's been complimented and laughs and pats him on the shoulder like "way to go!"  They are a really disturbing bunch.  

I really hope more tapes come out because, as usual, he seems to be changing the discussion, even when he's being taped bragging about sexual assault (and just imagine if, instead, this had been Bill!)

Democrats are always so weak on the attack. Good on defense. Very poor on offense.

• Love 14
53 minutes ago, MulletorHater said:

It's bad enough she plagiarized Michelle Obama's speech.  Now, she's out here trying to defend the indefensible.  What was your price, Melania?  Another bauble or two?  Enjoy the "low life" while you can, girlfriend!  I just hope she kept the box she came wrapped in because when her "warranty" expires,her sponsor will be looking for a younger model at one of his pageants.

Bolding mine. Trump sold the Miss Teen USA, Miss USA, & Miss Universe pageants, I think a year or so ago, to, like, William Morris Entertainment or some other media conglomerate after he said or did something (I forget what now) that started another "anti-Trump" controversy & caused most or all of the pageants to be dropped from broadcast TV for a year or so (Miss Teen USA, as recently as this year, was the only pageant that was just streamed online). So, unless he still has friends at the national or state pageant levels who'll "take pity on him" (read: suck up to him), he can't just arbitrarily go backstage & be pervy while the girls are changing their clothes, under the guise of being the pageant owner, anymore.

• Love 4