Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

I believe you're mistaken. A doctor on TV pronounced him the healthiest person to ever be running for president in the history of the world. He is the most healthy. Everyone says so

How could I have forgotten that great healer?  Doctor Fabio Hair and his limited thesaurus did, indeed, declare Trump's health to be robust in a bigly way, all the best ways, using words that sound suspiciously like it was dictated to him by a certain puffy-eyed, Nectarine Narcissist. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, auntjess said:

Dr.OZ or Dr. Phi?  The only TV doctor I trust, is Dr. G. medical examiner. 
I do wonder if he might have some organic brain disease, because his actions, and thought processes, seem very strange.

FWIW his father suffered from Alzheimer's for 6 years before dying from pneumonia.

Thought processes and short term memory problems are a few symptoms. I would not wish Alzheimer's on anyone, even Trump.

6 hours ago, Pixel said:

Let's just be grateful, because that's exactly who needs to be informed in order to stop future madness. The older generation (and yes, I'm 49 and pretty horrified at what my generation has wrought here) has already proved we can be counted on to screw the pooch when it matters. It's the kids who are going to save us all. 

We can only hope.

4 hours ago, NinjaPenguins said:

Fishcakes, thank you. It was everything I dreamed it would be. My favorite part is declaring he doesn't have time to comment on Stewart/Pattinson and then he continues to spew his orange insanity about it. Perhaps he thought Pattinson was really a vampire and wanted a piece of the immortality action. 

I hear people talking about vampires. I love vampires. Vampires that sparkle. Some vampires shrivel in the sun. Sad! I prefer vampires that can meet you for brunch. I let a vampire bite me. He was tall and handsome and he rides horses without wearing a shirt. Crooked Hillary wanted to raise taxes to pay Mexicans to whittle wooden stakes and crucifixes! Such a nasty woman. Vampires will make America great again. Believe me. And white. Really pale and white. I won the popular vote if you subtract the votes of werewolves. The corrupt media won't report that! Losers.

Loved the riff, NP :) 

• Love 8
31 minutes ago, SoSueMe said:

FWIW his father suffered from Alzheimer's for 6 years before dying from pneumonia.

Thought processes and short term memory problems are a few symptoms. I would not wish Alzheimer's on anyone, even Drumpf.

Neither would I.

But I noticed that he seemed to talk better back in the 80's.

Source: slate.com

It's something to read. To see that he was able to articulate better back then in some ways.

• Love 7
7 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Reichshshshshshshshshshshsh can be the boyfriend of anyone who wants him, I will keep my cutie Tucker, as long as he does his adorable puppy head tilt when he lets a guest do the work of melting down on their own:

http://twitchy.com/wa-37/2016/12/23/erviews-lauren-ducapriceless-thanks-for-the-laughstucker-carlson-int/

#fraughtmoment

You can definitely have your "cutie" Carlson. I'm assuming "cutie" is code for smug douchebag, because that's what he is. Fics was not melting down, more like taking down a smug idiot who can only counter rational arguments with snide comments and trying to drown out his guest's answers. Duca may write for a teen magazine, but every teen who reads that mag has more maturity in their right pinkie  than Carlson the DWTS reject does.

• Love 21
34 minutes ago, FilmTVGeek80 said:

You can definitely have your "cutie" Carlson. I'm assuming "cutie" is code for smug douchebag, because that's what he is. Fics was not melting down, more like taking down a smug idiot who can only counter rational arguments with snide comments and trying to drown out his guest's answers. Duca may write for a teen magazine, but every teen who reads that mag has more maturity in their right pinkie  than Carlson the DWTS reject does.

Gee, I watched carefully and did not detect the "take down".

• Love 2
8 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Reichshshshshshshshshshshsh can be the boyfriend of anyone who wants him, I will keep my cutie Tucker, as long as he does his adorable puppy head tilt when he lets a guest do the work of melting down on their own:

http://twitchy.com/wa-37/2016/12/23/erviews-lauren-ducapriceless-thanks-for-the-laughstucker-carlson-int/

#fraughtmoment

Well isn't it just too bad that Ivanka and Jared got harassed on a plane. They get no mercy from me. Tucker Carlson (with his furrowed worried brow) asked his guest Lauren Duka, "Screaming at a mom with her kids on a plane seems like a violation of privacy, decency and good manners and raises the question, What are the venues that you shouldn't scream your political views at people? Would a funeral be out of bounds, church, her son's Bris? What are the rules on that?"

I would ask Tucker Carlson, what are the venues that a person shouldn't be screamed at for being who they are whether it's an immigrant, a Hispanic, a woman wearing a hajib walking down a public street or even someone speaking with an accent? Why is it unacceptable for Ivanka to experience what hundreds of others experience every single day of their lives? Has anyone thought to walk in those shoes to see what that's like for a day to be singled out, harassed and threatened? It's not right for Ivanka just as it's not right for any person to be heckled, spoken to with hostility and treated like dirt because they speak with an accent or dress differently. Ivanka Trump has already been using her father's election for personal profit and gain. I think she can put up with a little harassment every now and then. There's a big payoff for tolerating it.

• Love 23

Tucker just couldn't seem to comprehend her point at all. He might have some cognitive issues. It was pretty easy for me to understand what she was saying, even with him trying to roll over her. 

He looked very much like he was expecting that interview to go differently, and when he started insulting her other articles and her workplace he just made himself look idiotic. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 11
19 minutes ago, Pixel said:

Tucker just couldn't seem to comprehend her point at all. He might have some cognitive issues. It was pretty easy for me to understand what she was saying, even with him trying to roll over her. 

He looked very much like he was expecting that interview to go differently, and when he started insulting her other articles and her workplace he just made himself look idiotic. 

Oh I think he did comprehend everything but he's an antagonist that wants to create some kind of drama for his boring show. He makes it up as he goes along but it's always his point to irritate, contradict and argue even when he's obviously wrong. He hopes he scored some brownie points with Ivanka and Donald. But he doesn't mean shit to them, he's insignificant although he imagines himself to be very pertinent.

• Love 14
13 minutes ago, Lunata said:

Oh I think he did comprehend everything but he's an antagonist that wants to create some kind of drama for his boring show. He makes it up as he goes along but it's always his point to irritate, contradict and argue even when he's obviously wrong. He hopes he scored some brownie points with Ivanka and Donald. But he doesn't mean shit to them, he's insignificant although he imagines himself to be very pertinent.

Oh, I know it's all an act. But his viewers buy the act, hook,line and sinker. They're the ones crowing that he "won" the discussion. 

I agree with Duca - Ivanka has a responsibility and is complicit here. Ivanka is beautiful, intelligent, and kind by all accounts. I've never heard anyone say she's a bitch or difficult. She seems to be more liberal than conservative. It was her acting as a surrogate for her father (oh, man, the double meaning of that just made me throw up in my mouth a little) that helped to dupe women into thinking that maybe it was ok to vote for Trump, because how could he be anti-woman or mysoginistic when he's raised such a wonderful daughter and she supports women's issues? She, by virtue of her endorsement of her father, implied that he wasn't anti-woman and that he was a good choice for women. 

• Love 10
10 hours ago, Bossa Nova said:

Jezuz. He's fucking insane and an emotional adolescent. Just 4 years ago, tweet after tweet about a couple of twenty something movie stars. 

A man in is 60's.

There you go red America. That's what you voted for. Hail to the 'Tween !

Moreover, the press never unearthed and discussed this, among years of on-the-record crap on him. 

@Bossa Nova, are you saying Trump's in his 60's? He isn't. He turned 70 this year. But, he was in his 60's when he Tweeted about Kristen Stewart & Robert Pattinson's then-relationship.

Edited by BW Manilowe
To add a comment.

Yes, he was in his late 60's when he obsessed about Pattinson in 2012. I was being beneficent. 

The orange asshole is 70 now. Born June 14th, 1946. Have his birthdate seared into my brain. Astrological chart too. 

Edited by Bossa Nova
  • Love 1

Trump tweeted this the other day:

NBC news put out this story: Donald Trump's Call for 'Arms Race' Boggles Nuclear Experts

from the NBC story:

Donald Trump's zest for making offhand quips about his intentions on serious policy matters has launched the United States on a grand experiment: What happens when the world doesn't understand what the American president is trying to say?

In the hours after President-elect Trump tweeted about his desire to expand American nuclear weapons capability — seeming to upend decades of consensus that fewer nukes is better — experts puzzled about what he meant, his own aides seemed to walk his comment back, and Trump himself weighed in to suggest that the most extreme reading of his tweet was the right one.

Trump stunned nuclear experts Thursday by proclaiming in a tweet that "the United States must greatly strengthen and expand its nuclear capability until such time as the world comes to its senses regarding nukes."

And on Friday, Trump himself weighed in again, saying in a statement to "Morning Joe" host Mika Brzezinski of MSNBC: "Let it be an arms race. We will outmatch them at every pass and outlast them all."

Then Trump claims that "Dishonest"  NBC misquoted him,

Because, apparently, if it's more then 140 characters He CAN'T READ!!!

• Love 11

Under scrutiny, Trump decides to dissolve his foundation

(Reuters) - U.S President-elect Donald Trump said on Saturday he intends to dissolve his charitable foundation, the Donald J. Trump Foundation, which has been under investigation by the New York attorney general.......................................

Before Trump's surprising election victory on Nov. 8, New York Attorney General Eric Schneiderman in October directed the Donald J. Trump Foundation to stop taking donations, saying the foundation violated state law requiring charitable organizations that solicit outside donations to register with a state office.

Schneiderman's order followed a series of reports in The Washington Post that suggested improprieties by the foundation, including using its funds to settle legal disputes involving Trump businesses.

A spokeswoman for the attorney general's office said on Saturday that Trump cannot shutter the foundation while the investigation is ongoing.

"The Trump Foundation is still under investigation by this office and cannot legally dissolve until that investigation is complete," spokeswoman Amy Spitalnick said. She would not comment on expected timing for completing the investigation.

People are looking closely at his foundation, so he wants to dissolve.  But he can't! 

• Love 16

First one down, how many more to go before Trump has even been inaugurated. His recently appointed Director of Communications has resigned. Jason Miller quit, using that tried and true Republican line of 'wanting to spend more time with his family'. Says his wife is having another baby in January but doesn't mention that Trump shriek spokesperson AJ Delgado who broke many a listener's eardrum during the campaign is also due in January and has tweeted some very bitter nasty stuff about Miller the baby-daddy not living up to his responsibilities. Ahhh, Republicans, the party of family values. 

Edited by shok
  • Love 20
4 hours ago, backformore said:

Under scrutiny, Trump decides to dissolve his foundation

People are looking closely at his foundation, so he wants to dissolve.  But he can't! 

NYTimes weighs in on the Trump Foundation.

'Among other measures:

■ Both the Trump Organization and the Ivanka Trump brand — a line of jewelry, clothing, handbags and other items — are exploring options for an outside monitor to help oversee operations, block inappropriate contacts between the companies and the federal government, and provide independent voices for management decisions, executives involved in the efforts said. One option is a trustee who would run the business alongside Eric and his brother, Donald Jr. The Trump Organization has discussed turning to legal experts such as former Attorney General Michael Mukasey as potential trustees.

■ The Trump Organization, in some cases citing deficiencies in the work performed by some of its foreign partners or other clauses in contracts with them, is terminating pending or nearly completed hotels and apartment buildings in Brazil, Azerbaijan, Georgia and Argentina, while also forgoing other early-stage ventures in places such as India.'

■ Ivanka Trump is looking at donating proceeds from a soon-to-be-published book, “Women Who Work: Rewriting the Rules for Success,” to charity.

■ A labor dispute with hundreds of workers at the Trump International Hotel in Las Vegas — which generated calls for a national boycott of Trump properties and protest rallies — was suddenly settled on Wednesday, with the hotel agreeing to provide pensions, health insurance, annual wage increases and other benefits that it previously refused to offer. Another agreement with employees at the just-opened Trump International Hotel on Pennsylvania Avenue in Washington will allow them to organize a union.

■ The Trump Organization has shelved a planned 15-foot-tall sea wall at its oceanfront golf course in Ireland after the proposal provoked angry protests from environmentalists both in Ireland and in the United States.

■ Eric Trump said he no longer intended to participate in any meetings — business or policy-focused — organized by his father, as the president-elect prepared to move to the White House, and would not interact with him or anyone in his administration on government matters once he was in office.

Ho Ho Hopefully this is just the beginning.

That concert! A thing of beauty.

It feels like ... Christmas!

• Love 17

So they will make a big show of Eric having nothing to do with the transition or white house, and use that to say it's okay for him to run the companies. Meanwhile he will Skype with his sister daily to get his marching orders, no doubt.

• Love 11

The plane thing I do give to Ivanka.  You dont harass people especially on airplanes.  I don't care who or what they are.  It's not just douchy it's dangerous.  Its not a political issue with me.  It's a safety issue.  I don't care if the plane hasn't taken off yet.  You don't get into a fight with someone in a confined space that can easily explode with other people around.  Some things you just don't do.

Edited by Chaos Theory
  • Love 23
9 hours ago, backformore said:

For those who want to avoid watching the Inauguration -  there's a youtube live event that day:

Celebrities Announce HUGE Inauguration Day Concert To Troll & Piss Off Trump

The best part: "All the proceeds of the freedom concert go to the ACLU, Planned Parenthood, Lambda Legal, NAACP, Common Cause, CAIR, IRAP, SPLC, Environmental Defense Fund, Human Rights Campaign Fund, MoveOn, Economic Policy Institute, Inequality Media, and GLAD." Happy Holidays!!

• Love 21
9 hours ago, backformore said:

For those who want to avoid watching the Inauguration -  there's a youtube live event that day:

Celebrities Announce HUGE Inauguration Day Concert To Troll & Piss Off Trump

What’s the best way to annoy Donald Trump? Steal the spotlight from him. And it looks like a key Democrat with some celebrity connections plans to do that on January 20, Inauguration Day..............................

Unlike Team Trump — which can’t find any A-list acts to perform on Inauguration Day — event organizers say they’ll have no problem lining up performers for the anti-inauguration bash.

C0Vl1ZxXAAAJ_5r.jpg

This is fake

Via Snopes: 

To sum up: While a concert promoter is reportedly working on a "Freedom Concert," an event that would compete directly with Donald Trump's inauguration, no official plans have been announced. The image purportedly showing a flyer for the event is fake and none of the mentioned bands have been confirmed to perform as of this writing. 

8 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This is fake

Via Snopes: 

Yeah, I got excited when I saw the flyer until I read further and saw the list of apparent performers. That's an awful lot of A-list acts for something for which there has been no official confirmation of even existing yet.

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:
20 minutes ago, Giant Misfit said:

This is fake.

Yeah, I got excited when I saw the flyer until I read further and saw the list of apparent performers. That's an awful lot of A-list acts for something for which there has been no official confirmation of even existing yet.

We're not the only ones hoping the idea becomes a reality: The concert speculation led to the formation of a Change.org petition to fund such an event. Over 72,000 people had signed it as of Saturday morning.

https://www.change.org/p/freedom-united-we-the-people-concert-telethon

Edited by numbnut
  • Love 3
1 hour ago, Pixel said:

If peaceful opposition and protests that raise money for charity are whining, sign me up!

Yep. That's not whining, it's something that's protected under the bill of rights.

Edit: dammit... I hate when people post up fake stuff :(. So disappointing.

• Love 10

The plane thing I do give to Ivanka.  You dont harass people especially on airplanes.  I don't care who or what they are.  It's not just douchy it's dangerous.  Its not a political issue with me.  It's a safety issue.  I don't care if the plane hasn't taken off yet.  You don't get into a fight with someone in a confined space that can easily explode with other people around.  Some things you just don't do.

I'm with you on this one.  Not because it's unfair to Ivanka to be called on trying to dupe women into thinking her miscreant of a father is anything other than a misogynist, but because there were other passengers there, and they don't actually deserve it.  Then also, I'm actually not okay with roping anyone's kids into the proceedings if they aren't participatory adults in the whole thing.  Ivanka is complicit, Jared is a waste of skin and is complicit, but man, I'm not okay with people acting like that on a plane, no matter what the thing spurring them on.   I think Ivanka is a disgusting human being on many levels but that wasn't the appropriate venue because other people still count....including her children.  

I know that makes me sort of a wimp but I'm really okay with that level of "Yup, I will retain some standards here, no matter how much I detest a particular person and everything about them."   

I hope everyone is having a good day, no matter what you do, or do not celebrate.   We're having a wonderfully slow day around these parts.  

• Love 13

People here are decent, saying that Ivanka and her family shouldn't have had to deal with being verbally assaulted on the plane while at the same time Drumpf New York co-chair makes racist 'gorilla' comment about Michelle Obama.  Carl Paladino: "I’d like her to return to being a male let loose in Zimbabwe."  It's okay, even desired for the Drumpf creatures to be disgusting, vile, hateful, malicious.  You have to be that kind of person to be on that side. 

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/2016/dec/23/donald-trump-carl-paladino-michelle-obama

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Chaos Theory said:

I completely agree.  What I wonder about the whole incident, though, is this - isn't she under Secret Service protection?  (I thought I remember reading that she was put under protection at some point during the campaign, ahead of her siblings, naturally).  I find the logistics of her family flying commercial in coach with the SS confusing.  Wouldn't it have been safer to use the Trump jet?  Or rent another private plane if her father was using his?  It just seems to me like it would be a difficult scenario for the SS to properly manage and secure.  They can't control who else books that flight, for example.  And, yes, this person made himself known before takeoff (and wasn't violent), so they were removed and the situation was fine, but what happens if someone who intends to do her actual physical harm waits until the plane is in the air, say, over an ocean when they can't quickly land the plane (she was going to Hawaii, right)?  That puts not only her and her children in danger, but everyone else on that plane, as well.   This is why the First Family doesn't fly commercial.  

• Love 7
8 minutes ago, random chance said:

Many people are saying that the Ivanka plane incident was staged. No, seriously.

I've heard this too. I'm not a conspiracy theorist (I leave that to our friends on the far right), but why wasn't she traveling with a security detail? And why not first class where she could be relatively protected?

• Love 8

I didn't bother to follow the link but some news source has been talking to other people on the plane and their accounts don't match up, either.

In any case she wasn't "assaulted," someone merely criticized her, and if she's going to be the "acting First Lady" she might as well get used to it. That whole no-safe-spaces-for-special-snowflakes mentality cuts both ways.

Edited by random chance
freaking typo
  • Love 15

I can't remember which pundit said that Syria could be Russia's Vietnam. I thought of that after the plane crash. It could have been a massive mechanical failure, but it could have been a bomb like the Russian plane that was downed in Egypt. Its a shame someone flaky like Trump is going to be president during a time like this.

• Love 4
36 minutes ago, Pixel said:

I've heard this too. I'm not a conspiracy theorist (I leave that to our friends on the far right), but why wasn't she traveling with a security detail? And why not first class where she could be relatively protected?

You don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to think that there is something odd about this story. I've skimmed The Millionaire Next Door and know that plenty of wealthy people might fly coach on a discount airline. But this family as depicted on The Apprentice and in other media does not seem like the Jet Blue coach flying wealthy. Also, as others have mentioned there is the additional security risk of a being a member of the first family. Ivanka is the high profile daughter of a high profile, polarizing man. Under what circumstances does it make sense for her to have been sitting in coach on a commercial discount airline?  Was she showing that she travels just like the Americans who desperately need America to be great again? The best case, most innocent scenario raises my eyebrow.

While I agree that she shouldn't have been harassed on the plane, I wonder if this wasn't just a scripted scene from the reality show that is taking over America.

Disclaimer: I've been reading Trust Me, I'm Lying: Confessions of a Media Manipulator

Edited by RaeSpellman
  • Love 14

It honestly would not surprise me if his camp staged something like this.  With all the incidents of his followers harassing others that have occurred since the election, I could see them wanting a high profile "see, the other side is doing this stuff!" incident.  I'm not saying it's impossible that someone felt the need to take that opportunity to express their disgust, but it's also possible that his camp thought this would be a good incident to sway public opinion - the mother trying to take a family vacation gets verbally harassed on an airplane (and she's in coach, just like us!), exposing her young children to the hatred.  

• Love 7

Yeah, I have to admit to sort of raising an eyebrow about Ivanka flying Jet Blue, in the first place, then it's clear she's in coach and that's the part that makes it seem like it was a set-up.   I also have sort of a difficult time believing that she doesn't employ a full-time nanny to ferry her children to-and-fro.  So there are a few things that make me skeptical.  

However, since they are trying to pretend they have anything in common with regular people, I just assumed that the staged part was "I fly Jet Blue, get some PR shots of me in coach with hoi polloi, to further promote the insane notion that I give a shit about any of these people" and that it went awry.  So I completely believe that taking a commercial flight that had her sitting in coach was staged.  

I don't think the rest of it was for the simple reason that barely anything happened.  You really have to have a high standard of human decency to stand up for the rights of everyone else around her, and her children.   So I think if they'd staged it, there would have been a shit ton of video, the guy would have acted like a slavering lunatic, instead of a guy who was taking an opportunity to tell her she sucks (and she does).  

Yup, that's why I think it wasn't staged:  you have to be trying to work up any actual sympathy for Ivanka.  I actually have pretty much none for her but the other people didn't deserve to be lambasted.  Her kids are....kids.  It's just not okay to drag them into the fray.  

Plus, if they'd staged it I'm sure they'd have had some very specific stuff where the guy would have been screaming about wanting abortion vending machines, free healthcare for Muslims on a watchlist, and likely would have featured a bunch of other stereotypes that their base could just dig their dentures into and chew on for days.  

• Love 6

I have really been trying to self-edit WRT Trump & Goons, because frankly, the sheer volume of the ridiculous coming from the transition threatens to bury legit, concerning news.  However, this caught my eye & I can't push it out of my mind.  Sean Spicer has come out already decrying the "politicization of Christmas" (yeah, because the GOP would never do anything like that, right?).  I just don't see how Spicer/GOP can explain away the use of the word "new" in the quote.  I mean, as a rhetorical device, the intent is clear, right?

https://twitter.com/thehill/status/813098277277200385

6r2G2E4.jpg

Edited by Duke Silver
  • Love 5
20 minutes ago, parisprincess said:

I can half way believe Ivanka flying Jet Blue, but flying Coach (packed in like sardines)? No fuckin' way!

While JetBlue doesn't have first class on most flights, the morning JFK-SFO flight does have their premium Mint class.  One report I saw said when the Trump party arrived at SFO, they were escorted off the plane to waiting SUVs and driven to a pre-scheduled private aircraft to continue their trip to Hawaii.  It's possible there was an equipment swap to a non-Mint plane, but from the photo with the article, it looked like a Mint aircraft (they have green tails).

Apparently, the initial report, which said the guy harassed her, came from TMZ (which reportedly has a friendly relationship with Trump) and referenced unnamed passengers. Later reports from passengers (identified via Twitter, etc.) said the guy made comments about Trump, but weren't made directly to her.

• Love 4
34 minutes ago, stillshimpy said:

Yeah, I have to admit to sort of raising an eyebrow about Ivanka flying Jet Blue, in the first place, then it's clear she's in coach and that's the part that makes it seem like it was a set-up.   I also have sort of a difficult time believing that she doesn't employ a full-time nanny to ferry her children to-and-fro.  So there are a few things that make me skeptical.  

However, since they are trying to pretend they have anything in common with regular people, I just assumed that the staged part was "I fly Jet Blue, get some PR shots of me in coach with hoi polloi, to further promote the insane notion that I give a shit about any of these people" and that it went awry.  So I completely believe that taking a commercial flight that had her sitting in coach was staged.  

I don't think the rest of it was for the simple reason that barely anything happened.  You really have to have a high standard of human decency to stand up for the rights of everyone else around her, and her children.   So I think if they'd staged it, there would have been a shit ton of video, the guy would have acted like a slavering lunatic, instead of a guy who was taking an opportunity to tell her she sucks (and she does).  

Yup, that's why I think it wasn't staged:  you have to be trying to work up any actual sympathy for Ivanka.  I actually have pretty much none for her but the other people didn't deserve to be lambasted.  Her kids are....kids.  It's just not okay to drag them into the fray.  

Plus, if they'd staged it I'm sure they'd have had some very specific stuff where the guy would have been screaming about wanting abortion vending machines, free healthcare for Muslims on a watchlist, and likely would have featured a bunch of other stereotypes that their base could just dig their dentures into and chew on for days.  

This is beside the point, but I just fell in love with you a little for saying "hoi polloi" without "the" in front. 

• Love 4