Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

2 hours ago, SmithW6079 said:

Emphasis mine. Little Donnie Trump advocates "self-help"? I wish my daddy had "self-helped" me to the tune of one million dollars to get started in business. And then a multimillion-dollar inheritance when daddy died. You know, that totally indicates "self-help" to me.  

Have you signed up for the Trump Seminar, Bootstrapping Through Bankruptcy? Chachi from Happy Days will give dramatic readings from The Art of the Deal while attendees nosh on Trump steaks and sip on Trump wine. The high point of the 8 hour long lecture is Sean Spicer hopping through the crowd in his Easter Bunny costume, delivering plastic eggs containing tips for success in marriage, real estate, and hair styling all straight from the mouth of Orange, who heard them on TV at some point. Grab this opportunity by the p***y before seats fill up! Admission is a mere 999.95 per person, affordable for the average Joe Hundred Thousandaire. No proceeds will go to charity. Sad!

• Love 16
5 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

Lost in the jubilation about saving roughly 700 Carrier jobs in that plant in Indiana was that hundreds of jobs at the Carrier plant would not be spared from export. On top of that, Carrier's parent company, United Technologies, said it will continue with previously announced plans to close a factory in Huntington, Ind., and move its 700 jobs to Mexico. Multiple reports put the number of saved jobs from that plant at 800 union workers, mainly those involved with building furnaces. So that’s more than half, or 57 percent, of the estimated 1,400 jobs that were slated to be lost from the Indianapolis plant. That’s a bit lower than the "more than 1,000 jobs" talking point we’ve heard from Pence, Trump and Carrier. While this announcement is good news for those jobs saved, it is not good news for everyone. Carrier officials stated "We are moving forward with previously announced plans to relocate the fan coil manufacturing lines, with expected completion by the end of 2017." 

Corporate America is cheering Trump's promises of less regulation, why not? With less regulations that were created to protect the environment and worker's safety the big Corporations stand to make more profit. Shares of the Pittsburgh-based company have soared about 80 percent since Trump's stunning victory on Nov. 8. Investors appear to be betting on increased infrastructure spending, which the president-elect has promised, as well as further restrictions on China-produced steel.

Tariffs, let's talk about those just for a minute. As big as the United States is as a market, we are not growing from a consumer goods standpoint anywhere near as fast as India, Brazil, Indonesia, you name it. Getting tough with China, especially if it really does precipitate a trade war, would immediately lead to parts shortages and finished products shortages in practically every industry that we have. So, if you're considering buying a new Panasonic TV or a Samsung Galaxy 7 smartphone or even a pair of HDMI cables, you better buy them soon because if Trump implements some sort of trade war and tariffs with China, you're going to be paying three times as much later as you are now.

• Love 17

From the 'American Lookout' website, "Judge Jeanine Pirro threw down the gauntlet in her “opening statement”.She noted that the election is over. Trump will be President. Now, it’s time for all Americans to get on board. It’s time for all Americans to show respect for the President-elect. That means Democrats, too!"

Judge Jeanine Pirro is quoted;

"You know I've been watching this president for six years. And after this week's prayer breakfast, it all came together. It finally made sense to me: Barack Obama is comfortable with extremism. He's okay with it. He's nonplussed. It's part of what happens.

It explains why he goes golfing within minutes of announcing the beheading of an American. It explains why he didn't join 40 world leaders in France to denounce 'Islamic terrorism.'

It explains why he doesn't attend certain funerals. Why he does nothing about the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Middle East. Or the raping, beheading, crucifying and burying alive of children there. Why he doesn't get excited about people who cross his 'red lines.' And it explains why he so easily pivots to healthcare after announcing the burning alive of a coalition pilot."

Let me just say to Judge Jeanine Pirro that when she stares cross-eyed into the camera and lectures to Democrats that they should 'get on board' and show 'respect' for the President-elect Donald Trump, then she should expect no more from Democrats than she's given to President Obama for the past eight years.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 23
4 hours ago, Lunata said:

Lost in the jubilation about saving roughly 700 Carrier jobs in that plant in Indiana was that hundreds of jobs at the Carrier plant would not be spared from export.

Yes -- unfortunately, three card monte always gulls a percentage of every crowd, and lots of Trump voters missed the bigger story -- also, the Tesla deal was announced back in October, so Trump's "win"  had no impact on that deal (unless he time-traveled -- "It's fantastic what I do, you wouldn't believe what I can do, I ride these sonic mouth farts I call "words" right into the past -- beautiful!") 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 15
8 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Yes I saw how the stock market rose after Trump came in - also. let's not forget 2 Goldman Sachs people named to the administration.

Stock market and the corporations prefer to work with and deal with banana republics. 

By the way - when the economy collapsed in 2008 - Henry Paulson, former CEO of Goldman Sachs, was the Secretary of the Treasury at the time.  He was appointed in 2006 by W.

• Love 14

Another day and another self congratulatory pat on the back tweet. First this week retail Christmas sales, tiday consumer confidence.

Pretty soon it won't just be the majority tired of fat bastard's BS. I'm betting the dems, the angry Bernie voters and the "it's a binary decision" voters who threw the election will have had enough.

He'll be left with the basket of deplorables.

• Love 9
7 hours ago, KerleyQ said:

Weird.  Maybe all of the posts saying the bolded above were removed before I got here?  Yeah, that must be it.   Because, well, all I see are people explaining, calmly, without calling you a single name, that the difference is between a statement put out by the RNC co-chairs (one of whom will be on Trump's staff) about their party's incoming POTUS vs. a headline not written by the current POTUS's party or staff.  And, nope, not a single use of the term "cuckservative."  I can't speak for all liberals, of course, but from my experience, most of us tend to think that whole "cuck" thing the Trump cult has glommed onto is rather lame, not something we tend to use ourselves.  

This also reminded me that I have yet to see a liberal use anything like "libtard" against conservatives. I've never seen anyone use "conservatard".  I'm not saying liberals are above name calling, but I haven't really seen that kind of trendy thing catch on, except with regard to the candidate nicknames. 

• Love 11

As someone who is Jewish I don't think Obama is an anti Semite he has given more aid to Israel than any other president. Trump worries me more than any other president has since I've been alive. I have read articles from Holocaust survivors who say Trump reminds them of Hitler. 

• Love 23

contrary to popular belief, the stock market and the American economy are not the same thing. They may overlap, and there may be millions of Americans invested in Wall Street, but millions are not. The Dow being up means fuck all to the people in my town still reeling from the closure of our biggest employer.

For real. What exactly does this mean to Average Joe Worker whose income is not, in fact, primarily derived from investments and dividends? Does Mr. Worker expect to see the Big Corporation that owns his company use the money from their higher stock profile and give out bigger paychecks to the floor workers or open new job opportunities to his neighbors? If he does he's a fool. This mean jack shit to him unless he's only Average Joe Worker by day and a secret one-percenter at night.

Orange is still not president yet and has no business taking credit for anything or bumbling around in foreign policy. 

I read a tweet yesterday that cracked me up, saying that if Trump can take credit for good things that have literally nothing to do with him he should also take responsibility for George Michael and Carrie Fisher.

• Love 16
39 minutes ago, stewedsquash said:

I suppose the only way to debunk fake websites like 'twitchy.com' is to invalidate it with factual information. I can't be bothered anymore trying to educate readers as to what news sources are valid and trustworthy and which are not. There has been a lot of publicity in recent weeks as to how dangerous it is to rely solely on fake news or hoax websites for information. Just a few days ago the UN Ambassador to Pakistan took a fake news Tweet to be a nuclear threat by Israel towards Pakistan and said they would retaliate with their own nuclear weapons. http://www.nytimes.com/aponline/2016/12/25/world/middleeast/ap-ml-israel-pakistan-fake-news.html

I always check the news sources and if the Wall Street Journal, the New York Times or the Washington Post ALL report basically the same thing on a news article, then I will trust the article. Sources like 'twitchy.com' that publishes articles that cannot be validated or corroborated as fact is never worth my time to read. The website has it's own cult-appeal and has carved out a little odd niche in the media world, and that's fine if that's what people want, fake news. There's lists of fake news sites that can be easily found online, Wikipedia is one that will list some of them and they are plentiful.

• Love 20
7 minutes ago, Chicken Wing said:

For real. What exactly does this mean to Average Joe Worker whose income is not, in fact, primarily derived from investments and dividends? Does Mr. Worker expect to see the Big Corporation that owns his company use the money from their higher stock profile and give out bigger paychecks to the floor workers or open new job opportunities to his neighbors? If he does he's a fool. This mean jack shit to him unless he's only Average Joe Worker by day and a secret one-percenter at night.

I read a tweet yesterday that cracked me up, saying that if Trump can take credit for good things that have literally nothing to do with him he should also take responsibility for George Michael and Carrie Fisher.

I tweeted him yesterday saying that it rained in NY in the morning then the sun came out, would he take the credit for that also?

• Love 10
7 minutes ago, random chance said:

Cuck just baffles me. How did this get to be a thing, it's the dumbest insult ever.

"You cuck!"

"I'm a what now?"

"Cuck, cuck, it's short for cuckold.Which is the husband of an adulterous wife."

"Uh, I'm a woman."

"Then you're the adulterous wife."

"I'm not married."

"Libtard!"

I've come to find that trying to argue sense with these people is like trying to explain calculus to a hamster, except that you might have better luck with the hamster.

• Love 18
13 hours ago, Lunata said:

I suppose the only way to debunk fake websites like 'twitchy.com' is to invalidate it with factual information

Twitchy.com is a conservative site which uses twitter posts to create stories that are a kind of "who said what on Twitter"  essays.   It's a mistake to use it for a legit source of NEWS. 

Donald Trump Promised His Book Proceeds To Charity. So What Happened To Them?

A story about broken promises to charities.

• Love 15
17 minutes ago, random chance said:

I live in a post-PC world now, I don't have to politically-correctly show respect for the President anymore.

I'll wear a flag pin instead - I hear that's the same difference.

Cuck just baffles me. How did this get to be a thing, it's the dumbest insult ever.

"You cuck!"

"I'm a what now?"

"Cuck, cuck, it's short for cuckold.Which is the husband of an adulterous wife."

"Uh, I'm a woman."

"Then you're the adulterous wife."

"I'm not married."

"Libtard!"

You forgot feminazi.

As for being single, well, that's probably because you're ugly and fat and probably a total slut and a lesbian,  at least according this charmer:

http://thenewfem.com/breaking-unattractive-feminist-university-student-hates-femininity/

• Love 5

Not to mention - the generous tax break they're getting to keep just about half of those jobs here is being used to invest in automation, so they can get rid of some more of those jobs that Trump did manage to "save."  

This can not be said enough.  So all those jobs that Mango Mess "saved" will eventually be lost to robots.  Great "save" there, Peach Pestilence!  I guess all those people who will be out of jobs can just join up with your Brown Shirts and stormtroopers.  Will YOUR stormtroopers have snazzy white suits, like the ones in "Star Wars". Coral Caligula?  And will the Fanta Menace start wearing black capes?  Only time will tell....

• Love 10

I got caught up in the ridiculous and found some of the 'news' articles from fake news sources quite refreshingly comical. I can't imagine reading it from believing eyes but reading these articles from the perspective of knowing they're fake, just gave me some good laughs. Here's a few that caught my eye;

Thedcgazette.com; "Another Person Investigating the Clinton's Turns Up Dead". 

70news.wordpress.com; The site said Trump had won the popular vote by 700,000 votes. He had not. 

Abcnews.com.co;  (the .co in the address gives this site away) The site published a story before the election with the (false) headline: “Donald Trump Protester Speaks Out: ‘I Was Paid $3,500 To Protest Trump’s Rally.’”

Infowars.com; The site is connected to Alex Jones, a radio host and conspiracy theorist who has alleged the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax. And this story also, "CIA Admits They Are Behind Fake News!"

Christiantimes.com; Before the election, the Christian Times Newspaper published an article alleging that “tens of thousands” of ballots pre-marked for Hillary Clinton had been found in a warehouse in Ohio. They had not.

There's also some non-political articles published by online fake news agencies that go way beyond the pale of anything similar to truth. A few of my favorites are these;

World News Daily Report has published several viral claims often preying upon readers’ religious beliefs, including hoaxes about a newly-discovered eyewitness account of Jesus’ miracles, an ancient rumor about chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea, and a very old yarn about the discovery of giant skeletons reworked as the tale of a coverup perpetrated by the Smithsonian Institution. However, World News Daily Report frequently branches out to science-based fakery, including japes about the destruction of the world’s oldest tree and another about the discovery of a Megalodon shark in Pakistan.

Political conspiracy is another favored topic of World News Daily Report, evidenced by articles claiming that a CIA agent confessed to killing Marilyn Monroe and that Yoko Ono disclosed she once had an intimate partnering with Hillary Clinton. My all-time favorite to date is the article about a Central American woman who grows potatoes in her vagina in an ill-advised contraception attempt.

• Love 13

My all-time favorite to date is the article about a Central American woman who grows potatoes in her vagina in an ill-advised contraception attempt.

Well, not so fast now. Obviously the only fake thing about this one is the part about it being ill-advised, because how could it??

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Pixel said:

This also reminded me that I have yet to see a liberal use anything like "libtard" against conservatives. I've never seen anyone use "conservatard".  I'm not saying liberals are above name calling, but I haven't really seen that kind of trendy thing catch on, except with regard to the candidate nicknames. 

The only ones I've ever seen is "Rethug" and "Repug." Which always make me cringe. The Trump names are more about a sort of poetry competition so they're amusing.

• Love 2
11 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

This plan was in motion back in October and November. And note this part of the second article:

"The Wall Street Journal wrote this morning that a slashing of federal tax credits for electric vehicles and solar panels could occur under a Trump Administration, effectively slowing demand."

• Love 12
2 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

The only ones I've ever seen is "Rethug" and "Repug." Which always make me cringe. The Trump names are more about a sort of poetry competition so they're amusing.

Yeah, I'm also not a fan of "Killary", but since I revel in Trump names I can't really throw stones at that one.

• Love 2
21 minutes ago, Lunata said:

I got caught up in the ridiculous and found some of the 'news' articles from fake news sources quite refreshingly comical. I can't imagine reading it from believing eyes but reading these articles from the perspective of knowing they're fake, just gave me some good laughs. Here's a few that caught my eye;

Thedcgazette.com; "Another Person Investigating the Clinton's Turns Up Dead". 

70news.wordpress.com; The site said Trump had won the popular vote by 700,000 votes. He had not. 

Abcnews.com.co;  (the .co in the address gives this site away) The site published a story before the election with the (false) headline: “Donald Trump Protester Speaks Out: ‘I Was Paid $3,500 To Protest Trump’s Rally.’”

Infowars.com; The site is connected to Alex Jones, a radio host and conspiracy theorist who has alleged the Sandy Hook school shooting was a hoax. And this story also, "CIA Admits They Are Behind Fake News!"

Christiantimes.com; Before the election, the Christian Times Newspaper published an article alleging that “tens of thousands” of ballots pre-marked for Hillary Clinton had been found in a warehouse in Ohio. They had not.

There's also some non-political articles published by online fake news agencies that go way beyond the pale of anything similar to truth. A few of my favorites are these;

World News Daily Report has published several viral claims often preying upon readers’ religious beliefs, including hoaxes about a newly-discovered eyewitness account of Jesus’ miracles, an ancient rumor about chariot wheels found at the bottom of the Red Sea, and a very old yarn about the discovery of giant skeletons reworked as the tale of a coverup perpetrated by the Smithsonian Institution. However, World News Daily Report frequently branches out to science-based fakery, including japes about the destruction of the world’s oldest tree and another about the discovery of a Megalodon shark in Pakistan.

Political conspiracy is another favored topic of World News Daily Report, evidenced by articles claiming that a CIA agent confessed to killing Marilyn Monroe and that Yoko Ono disclosed she once had an intimate partnering with Hillary Clinton. My all-time favorite to date is the article about a Central American woman who grows potatoes in her vagina in an ill-advised contraception attempt.

Dammit, Weekly World News folded too early. They could have had a field day. Bat Boy dining with Hillary, Bat Boy voting,  poor Bat Boy we will never know of your exploits. 

• Love 8
11 hours ago, Lunata said:

From the 'American Lookout' website, "Judge Jeanine Pirro threw down the gauntlet in her “opening statement”.She noted that the election is over. Trump will be President. Now, it’s time for all Americans to get on board. It’s time for all Americans to show respect for the President-elect. That means Democrats, too!"

Judge Jeanine Pirro is quoted;

"You know I've been watching this president for six years. And after this week's prayer breakfast, it all came together. It finally made sense to me: Barack Obama is comfortable with extremism. He's okay with it. He's nonplussed. It's part of what happens.

It explains why he goes golfing within minutes of announcing the beheading of an American. It explains why he didn't join 40 world leaders in France to denounce 'Islamic terrorism.'

It explains why he doesn't attend certain funerals. Why he does nothing about the wholesale slaughter of Christians in the Middle East. Or the raping, beheading, crucifying and burying alive of children there. Why he doesn't get excited about people who cross his 'red lines.' And it explains why he so easily pivots to healthcare after announcing the burning alive of a coalition pilot."

Let me just say to Judge Jeanine Pirro that when she stares cross-eyed into the camera and lectures to Democrats that they should 'get on board' and show 'respect' for the President-elect Donald Trump, then she should expect no more from Democrats than she's given to President Obama for the past eight years.

Judge Pirro can kiss what I twist--and I don't mean my wrist.

Let me see if I've got this straight.  The creature that is poised to take the White House next month is quite comfortable with and openly courted white supremacists--the very definition of extremists despite attempts by her and her ilk to normalize them.  

I am beyond sick and tired of this canard that President Obama supports terrorists.  If this silly bitch had been "watching this president for six years," she would know and acknowledge that is an outrageous lie.  

I'm not getting on board with a damn thing when it comes to Drumpf and his agenda.  Fuck that.  Nor will I be shamed for stepping back away from friends and relatives who support this madman's agenda and racist views.  

BTW--Judge Pirro, there are people out there who refuse to condone what Drumpf stands for, and who want no part of the trash that follows him--including the trash he has tapped to be his special adviser.

Montana Lawmakers Decided to Just Say No to Anti-Semitic Rally

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Lunata said:

This one cracks me up because I can just picture the CIA cracking in the face of the hard hitting journalistic efforts of some enterprising Infowars "reporter."  Yes, the CIA, the agency that is staffed with people who can calmly, believably lie under the most stressful of conditions cracked and spilled their shameful secrets to Alex Jones and company.  Sounds legit.  

1 hour ago, Lunata said:

I have an uncle who has posted this one a dozen or so times.  I laugh at it every time.  The editing job alone is hilariously bad.  Whoever originated it decided to flip the original image (no doubt in a misguided attempt to prevent people from finding the original in a Google image search).  I forget what the bins were originally labelled, but they did a real shit job of blacking that out (it looks like they used the tech version of a black magic marker, hastily swiping over the label), to the point where you can't not see the editing.  And then, they typed in the label to indicate that they were ballot boxes.  Because, you know, if you're going to store illegal ballots, you're going to keep them in black Rubbermaid bins that are labeled with exactly what they are, and then just toss them in poorly secured storage somewhere.  Oh, and that label?  Because of the angle of the picture related to the bins, the bins are at an angle from the screen, but the labels they typed on them?  Those are aligned straight on the screen, since the editing genius doing this literally just typed them on instead of doing anything more sophisticated to make the labels line up with the bins.  I'd say that, if you're going to go to the trouble of putting together some fake news, you should maybe invest in a better editing program than MS Paint, but, well, people ate it up, so I guess there's no need to put in the effort.  That anyone looked at that picture for a fraction of a second and totally bought it as legit is a testament to exactly how much they wanted to believe the fake news.  Much like with Trump and the bald faced lies he continues to tell his supporters, I wonder if people who read these fake news sites realize exactly how little respect the people who put these lies out have for their intelligence.  That they slapped together that shitty editing job and put it out there shows that they have little concern that their audience might be smart enough to figure out it's total bullshit.  

• Love 10

Interesting article in New York magazine:

Donald Trump's War Against Facts

Especially this excerpt:

To challenge Trump on the facts is to play his game and lose, because it promotes nonsense to the level of reason. Newspapers and experts find themselves in the impossible position of having to take seriously the utterances of a deeply unserious leader. The Washington Post has produced a Google Chrome extension that displays instant fact-checking commentary along with each of Trump’s oracular tweets. The Times tries to divine the positions behind the rants. But there is no position, no ideology, no strategy. There is only Donald Trump, an invented character honed over years of public exposure.

(Emphasis mine.) I think the same thing goes for Trumpistas and their trolling, which is why I've stopped trying to refute nonsense with reason. They're not interested in a dialogue; they're interested in stirring the pot to get the liberals to (over)react. And they do it because it works.

Every newsroom should post what I bolded. I'd love to hear some broadcaster with balls say: "Today, Trump babbled some bullshit on Twitter."

• Love 19
On 12/28/2016 at 8:58 AM, stewedsquash said:

Awww man, these liberals should to stop cancelling parties. Just have the parties people! 

http://twitchy.com/brettt-3136/2016/12/27/more-election-fallout-rocks-nation-another-holiday-party-cancelled-thanks-to-trump-voters/

I'm uncertain why you find this article so lighthearted -- perhaps you didn't read the source story?

Quoting it here:

"I thought perhaps that Trump the President, might be chastened by the awesome responsibility he was about to assume – and leave behind the toxicity of his campaign rhetoric.  Then, in rapid succession, three things happened that changed my mind. First, Trump announced that Steve Bannon, of Breitbart infamy, would become a senior White House advisor. To invite such a purveyor of lies, hate and bigotry to work inside the gates of 1600 Pennsylvania Avenue was beyond the pale.

Then, my company’s COO, a Chinese American, told me his small children were distraught, and in tears that morning. Children in their preschool had bullied them with comments such as:  “your father is going to be killed because he didn’t vote for Trump”, and “you are going to be kicked out of the country”. This in Coppell, Texas, a wealthy suburb.  These remarks were directed at third generation American citizens, by small children, obviously channeling their parents.

The next day, another friend relayed the anti-Semitism that was unleashed at Highland Park High School, ranked in the top 1% of all Texas public high schools.  His son had become subject to taunts such as:  “why don’t you go to Auschwitz?” and “take a shower, Jew boy”.  These were teenagers, but we know where those sentiments originated.

These incidents washed over me like a plague. I realized this was not a normal election, with one political philosophy prevailing over another.  This was a repudiation of the value system – and Constitution - on which the United States is based.  This was a green light to racism and demagoguery which apparently festers even in people of privilege.  This was an overt turning of the cheek to freedom of the press, to truth, decency and respect.  The bigotry that my friends’ children experienced were not isolated incidents.  Intimidation, threats and hatred – directed at minorities, immigrants, etc. - have come fast and furious since November 8th."

http://m.dailykos.com/story/2016/12/25/1614376/-Why-Trump-voters-are-not-welcome-in-my-house-this-holiday

I find that appalling, and understand why he chose to not throw a holiday get together for Trump voters in his circle. 

Edited by film noire
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, SmithW6079 said:

Interesting article in New York magazine:

Donald Trump's War Against Facts

Especially this excerpt:

(Emphasis mine.) I think the same thing goes for Trumpistas and their trolling, which is why I've stopped trying to refute nonsense with reason. They're not interested in a dialogue; they're interested in stirring the pot to get the liberals to (over)react. And they do it because it works.

Every newsroom should post what I bolded. I'd love to hear some broadcaster with balls say: "Today, Trump babbled some bullshit on Twitter."

I think it was Brian Stetler on CNN who opined that pundits ought to do just that (perhaps not that literal verbiage). If Donald Trump rants on Twitter that he would have won the popular vote if not for millions of illegals, instead of discussing it with the headline: "Trump says he would have won if not for illegals" -- attributing the claim to Trump, not the news site, but still giving it as much credence as anything anyone says about anything -- the headline should say "Trump repeats conspiracy theory lie about popular vote fraud." Any discussion about anything Donald Trump says should immediately be framed in the context of what it almost always is -- a lie -- rather than just discussing the fact that he said something. Because people stop listening after the first sentence.

• Love 18

I feel bad for the media who reads Donald's twitter. i dont have a twitter, but since that is the only platform he uses, I view his tweets through the news. 

'Doing my best to disregard the many inflammatory President O statements and roadblocks.Thought it was going to be a smooth transition - NOT!'

I just don't freaking get him. such a child.

Edited by Lana X
  • Love 14
3 minutes ago, Lana X said:

I FEel bad for the media who reads Donald's twitter. i dont have a twitter, but since that is the only platform he uses, I view his tweets through the news. 

'Doing my best to disregard the many inflammatory President O statements and roadblocks.Thought it was going to be a smooth transition - NOT!'

I just don't freaking get him. such a child.

Who.is he Wayne Campbell? NOT, has that even been used in this decade?

• Love 5

It would never cross my mind to toss away a friendship or family member for the simple fact of their political leanings.  But I was horrified to read here that some do it with pride. Families you have no choice in, but suddenly, Trump wins, and you discover old friends are terrible people?

I am not obligated to maintain contact with people so foul that they would vote for a man accused of raping a 13 year old without needing him to be investigated and cleared first. Voting for a man who mocks the disabled and called a deaf actress "ret*rded" is foul. Voting for a man who praised Kim Jong-un is foul. Voting for a Birther is foul. Voting for a man who wants to force Muslims to register is horrifying and makes me wonder what these people, or their parents, or their grandparents were doing during WW2- protesting the war effort and rallying for Hitler? A political leaning is supporting a living wage. Bigotry is not a political leaning.

"It is difficult to abolish prejudice in those bereft of ideas. The more hatred is superficial, the more it runs deep." - Farewell, America

Edited by slf
  • Love 22
23 hours ago, rallymantis said:

Hey, if you guys keep this hysterical up, you better believe = 8 years.  I've been joking around, but WOW.  Even when I write, "It's no different!" your response is the same: Yes it's totally different because, uh, Reasons! you rascistsexisthomophobicIslamophobicpiece of human garbage Cuckservative!!!

Look at the echo chamber that exists in these threads.  No room for understanding that others are entitled to opinions you do not share.  It would never cross my mind to toss away a friendship or family member for the simple fact of their political leanings.  But I was horrified to read here that some do it with pride.  Families you have no choice in, but suddenly, Trump wins, and you discover old friends are terrible people?  

P. S.: Be careful with the anti-Semite darts. It was the current president, just threw Israel under the bus.

If you can't tell the difference between the editors/writers of a magazine and the head of a major political party, and how equating the two is indeed a false equivalence, then we can't help you.

• Love 14
15 minutes ago, Lana X said:

Sometime in the near future, I can see him tweeting the following:

Who should I nuke? will read replies seriously!

I don't know if I should laugh or cry. I can totally see Alec Baldwin saying this via tweeting while playing Trump on SNL, but I can also see the Tangerine Terror actually tweeting this while on the gold-plated shitter just outside the Oval Office.

• Love 10