Type keyword(s) to search

Donald John Trump: 2016 President-Elect

I remember reading that Trump went through a procedure called a scalp reduction, to reduce a bald spot, and then some kind of transplant.  It was part of the story where his then-wife Ivana had referred him to the doctor, and after the surgery,  Trump attacked her, blaming her for the doctor ruining his hair, and then raping her.  That was the story she told, then took back later. 

Back to his hair - they used to do a "flap"  transplant, where they take a whole piece of scalp form the back or top, and rotate it to put it in the front, without completely cutting it. Here's an explanation:   Is an invasive and dangerous surgery the reason behind Donald Trump’s odd hairdo?

Asked about the reasons behind his curious style, the author said he expected it was a result of an invasive operation called “flap surgery”.

“There was, for a brief period in the early ‘90s, there was a surgery that was done where they would cut away the hairless part on top of a man’s head and stitch it together,” D’Antonio said.

“It would change the look of a balding man’s head and I think he has that surgery and I don’t think it worked well.”

The procedure involves finding a piece of the scalp with hair on and then cutting it on three sides to create said flap. This sliver of skin is then twisted, pulled and forced into a new position it to the hairline where the faulty follicles are.

As it’s never fully severed from the head, the patch should retain its blood flow and stay alive. Should being the key word.

There were telltale signs of the surgery, D’Antonio told Linnell and Stanley.

“It is his hair, it’s strangely coloured [but] it’s in the wrong spot.

“He has a hair line in the front that was created by the surgery and I suspect there’s a big patch in the middle and then it’s all combed over every which way to form this structure.”

The procedure is not recommended by the American Hair Loss Association who say on its website, even in the best cases, the surgery will leave an “unsightly knot” where the flap has been twisted.

As the new hairline is from a different part of the scalp, the hair will inevitably grow in the wrong direction, adding to the odd overall appearance — while a scar occurs in the area where the skin was taken from.

• Love 6

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, a good article via Salon about Drumpf and his private security.

A couple paragraphs in particular stood out to me and good on Salon for picking up on the similarities:

So what’s the big deal? So far the Secret Service hasn’t said anything, although former agents seem to believe this is a dangerous situation that could interfere with Drumpf’s security. But what makes people nervous about this arrangement is the idea of a political leader having his own security guards and a growing group of fanatical followers who are being worked up and fed propaganda by the president — who happens to be a demagogue.

There are historical parallels that make people very uncomfortable. As Salon’s Amanda Marcotte pointed out yesterday, we now have Drumpf supporters hurling the Nazi word “Lügenpresse” (German for “lying press”) at media representatives at rallies, with Newt Gingrich giving seminars on how to smooth out the rough edges of the fascist rhetoric so Americans can feel comfortable only believing what they’re told by their leaders. This private security service and its function as a suppressor of dissent is reminiscent of that same Nazi period. Obviously, it’s nothing like what the SS later became, but its origins are similar enough to make one feel nervous.

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, backformore said:

That was the story she told, then took back later. 

Did she take it back? I had the impression that she walked back the use of the word "rape" and said she didn't mean it in the legal sense but she always stood by the events that happened (which are of course rape).

• Love 6
21 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Did she take it back? I had the impression that she walked back the use of the word "rape" and said she didn't mean it in the legal sense but she always stood by the events that happened (which are of course rape).

I think she later said that she "felt violated"  but that it wasn't rape, and that it was exaggerated as part of the divorce proceedings. My take on it is that she had a financial incentive to change her story.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, stewedsquash said:

Don't worry, most of the stuff about those things are hoaxes. 

Oopsie. Reposted and edited because I forgot to add the  very recent quote that made me think of the hoaxes. 

What's the approx total of alleged alt right (neo fascist) hate crimes? Here's an SPLC estimate. 1100.   Approx 20 false reports. That's 2 percent. 2 percent is not "most", it's not a significant amount, it's barely anything. Worrying is justified. 

• Love 21
9 minutes ago, backgroundnoise said:

A guest on Good Morning America had a good line about DJT:  A foreign government hacks US computers and affects our election, he wants to just let it go.  But he can't let go of a bad restaurant review or not getting an Emmy.   Hee.

Well, yeah. Priorities. 

• Love 11
27 minutes ago, Spartan Girl said:

Too bad they can't follow Princess Leia's example regarding Jabba the Hutt.

Ha! Pretty fitting, considering that I always picture the Jabba scene from ROTJ when I hear about a Tubby shindig. Why should such a dignified and time honored tradition like, I dunno, the inauguration be any less cheapened or sullied? 

By the way, Tubby - about your fire dumpster "show": Mormons start petition to stop MTC from performing. Sad!

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, potatoradio said:

Ha! Pretty fitting, considering that I always picture the Jabba scene from ROTJ when I hear about a Tubby shindig. Why should such a dignified and time honored tradition like, I dunno, the inauguration be any less cheapened or sullied? 

By the way, Tubby - about your fire dumpster "show": Mormons start petition to stop MTC from performing. Sad!

What I enjoyed even more than this article was a link below it to a flyer a guy created for the inauguration.  Scroll down below the video.

Inauguration Flyer

• Love 6
On 12/27/2016 at 3:08 PM, rallymantis said:

Hey, if you guys keep this hysterical up, you better believe = 8 years.  I've been joking around, but WOW.  Even when I write, "It's no different!" your response is the same: Yes it's totally different because, uh, Reasons! you rascistsexisthomophobicIslamophobicpiece of human garbage Cuckservative!!!

Look at the echo chamber that exists in these threads.  No room for understanding that others are entitled to opinions you do not share.  It would never cross my mind to toss away a friendship or family member for the simple fact of their political leanings.  But I was horrified to read here that some do it with pride.  Families you have no choice in, but suddenly, Trump wins, and you discover old friends are terrible people?  

P. S.: Be careful with the anti-Semite darts. It was the current president, just threw Israel under the bus.

I vividly recall nearly a full year of right wing conservative sign waving and chanting 'lock her up!' and 'build that wall!' and I vividly remember a young black man being sucker punched with an elbow at a Trump rally. I don't know about anyone else but I personally consider that hysteria of the most dangerous kind. If anyone has appeared to you as 'hysterical' here it's possible that you're mistaking fear for hysteria. Those are two emotions that may be related but are individually unmistakable.

"cuckservative" is a word I've never seen or heard so I don't know where in this forum you've read it.

I have a lot of friends and relatives that were supportive of Trump at the time of the election but they're smart and they're sensitive to the fact that I was not. Subsequently, they respect my opinion and never dared to gloat or throw it in my face that Trump won the election. Such is the way with sensitive, intelligent people that show respect for others. Conversely, there are those who people either are related to, or friends with, that are insensitive, disrespectful and downright cruel. They have no care at all for their relative or friend and in that manner have earned the way they're disowned as family or friend.

About Israel. Are you aware that in September, President Obama agreed to give Israel a 10 year package for $38 billion dollars in military aid? Prime Minister Netanyahu wasn't happy with that deal, there were too many restrictions attached to Israel getting that 38 million. Those include Israel's agreement not to seek additional funds from Congress beyond what will be guaranteed annually in the new package, and also to phase out a special arrangement that has allowed Israel to spend part of its U.S. aid on its own defense industry instead of on American-made weapons. The deal, known as a memorandum of understanding, or MOU, calls for at least $3.8 billion a year in aid, up from $3.1 billion annually under the current pact, which expires in 2018, officials say. Netanyahu had originally sought upwards of $4.5 billion a year. Netanyahu decided it would be best to forge a new arrangement with Obama, who leaves office in January, rather than hoping for better terms from the Trump administration. Let me ask, why is the United States indebted to Israel for any financial assistance whatsoever? Why does Netanyahu feel we owe them anything? 

In return, Netanyahu has metaphorically spit in President Obama's face. Netanyahu has criticized John Kerry as having 'the intellect of a 12-year old' and accused President Obama of being anti-Semetic, among other things. All this while Netanyahu breaks treaties and boldly annexes international lands to establish Jewish settlements. So you know what? Fuck Netyanhu too, how dare he feel he has any right to just do what the hell he wants to do no matter who he screws or talks shit about.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 19
14 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Which line? I haven't found it yet. Dammit. I love Kang and Kodos :p.

It was Joel M's reply on Twitter to Eric Geller's tweet about Trump's Russian word salad:

"Tonight I say we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"  It's from the Treehouse of Horror episode where Kang and Kodos kidnap Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush before the election.

• Love 5
2 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

Nixon's lawyer:

I mean, really, that in a nutshell is the big giant elephant in the room about Dump and the impending four years of havoc and nonsense. If the media is guilty of one thing above all else, and there's a lot else, it's the constant pussyfooting around and not calling a spade a spade already: Our incoming president is a moron.

• Love 21
1 minute ago, shok said:

Love Ta-Nehisi.

LC03ZCFsUoAAXp4T.jpg

Add to that; "had to be rich and white, emotionally unstable, mentally distorted with NPD, lives at the bottom of a black hole that never gets filled and wanted to commit incest with his own daughter. Capable of inciting riots, releasing massive amounts of hatred and fear and prefers to defend enemies of the United States instead of standing up for it." Who needs scholarly, wise, intelligent, composed, articulate and rational when we can have someone like Trump?

• Love 11

As of yesterday, the appearance at the doors of Mar-a-Lago by Donald Trump and Don King was just about the most bodacious appearance yet. With the other faces peering out behind wrought iron doors, Donald held his first 'almost' press conference since last July. As Don King grinned and swung his fist-full of country flags, Donald Trump talked about taking care of the vets, and talked about how we should move beyond the Russian hacking of our democracy. He talked about his foundation that has 'given millions and millions and millions' to charity with zero expense. He forgot to mention that his foundation is under investigation and they have zero employees to pay. He also forgot to mention that the millions went to pay off personal debts. He made it a point to say that people knew he had a huge business enterprise and that's why they voted for him, so essentially he has no legal obligation to quit those businesses but he will because he 'wants to run (ruin) the country'. He avoided the question entirely as to whether he will back the president up on sanctions against Russia but added "that we'd all better get on with our lives."

At that point, Don King chimed in with a big smile, "there's nothing else to see, he shocked the world! he shocked the world!". I only assumed he was talking about Donald Trump and not Vladimir Putin. So I'm still bewildered why Don King in his foolish costume and fist filled with flags was there at all? Why would anyone want to be associated in any way at all with the likes of Don King, it's disturbing. Don King spent time in prison for his involvement in the murder of a man. He was convicted of second degree murder for the second killing in 1966 after he was found guilty of stomping to death an employee, Sam Garrett, who owed him $600. The judge reduced King's conviction to non-negligent manslaughter for which King served just under four years in prison. In the eyes of the public, Don King is a monster because he stole from his fighters. After Muhammad Ali’s brutal loss to Larry Holmes on October 2, 1980, King shortchanged Ali about $1.2 million of an $8 million guaranteed payout. Don King is an old hustler, cheater, and had ties with the mob 'back in the day'. So .... WHY?

Oh yeah, now I know why.  Don King donated millions to the Trump campaign, just as Linda McMahon and Betsy DeVos did.

Edited by Lunata
  • Love 12

And let's not forget how Trump et al harangued Hillary's lack of press conferences.

'In honor of the period that's elapsed since Trump himself held a press conference, here are 71 times his campaign, his staff and their allies demanded that Clinton do the same.'

10 hours ago, sistermagpie said:

She did walk it back but the cynic in me thinks that pressure was applied.

Even so, according to thedonald's attorney:

When reporters at the Daily Beast researched the allegations over the summer, Trump lawyer Michael Cohen told one of them, "[W]hat I'm going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. ... You write a story that has Mr. Trump's name in it, with the word 'rape,' and I'm going to mess your life up ... you're going to have judgments against you, so much money, you'll never know how to get out from underneath it."

Cohen also tried to redefine the crime of rape to suit Trump’s purposes, claiming, "You cannot rape your spouse. There's very clear case law."

Nice.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, shok said:

Love Ta-Nehisi.

LC03ZCFsUoAAXp4T.jpg

one thing we all heard was that people didnt like the elitism in washington, yadda yadda

.........whether it is hillary or donald....are they both NOT elitists? argument drove me insane. made no sense. so the "donald trump had to be rich and white" thing baffles me to that extent. GAH.

• Love 1
12 minutes ago, Lana X said:

one thing we all heard was that people didnt like the elitism in washington, yadda yadda

.........whether it is hillary or donald....are they both NOT elitists? argument drove me insane. made no sense. so the "donald trump had to be rich and white" thing baffles me to that extent. GAH.

I think the point he's making is about racism.  Obama had to be supremely overeducated and dignified beyond reproach. He couldn't misspeak, he couldn't be inappropriate, and he had to have superior qualifications. The only qualification Trump needed was to be a rich, white male.  The comment isn't about the elite, it's about racism.  And although it's not about sexism, that's kind of part of it too.  Hillary might have won if she was a more bombastic male. 

Edited by Pixel
  • Love 20
Just now, Pixel said:

I think the point he's making is about racism.  Obama had to be supremely overqualified and dignified beyond reproach. He couldn't misspeak, he couldn't be inappropriate, and he had to have superior qualifications. The only qualification Trump needed was to be a rich, white male.  The comment isn't about the elite, it's about racism.

I understand, but i think it reminded me of the other argument about elitism and I just went off. haha *takes a chill pill* 

• Love 1
3 minutes ago, BBDi said:

Do you disagree with Dowd's tweet?

Yeah, seriously. That's not Dowd setting the standard for patriotism. Not being loyal to the machinations of a foreign dictator has been assumed as part of patriotism since there has been a USA. But no surprise that, too, is up for reassessment with Trump and Trump voters.

The only news story in people on Twitter blasting him for it is that there's a lot of Americans ready to sell out their country.

37 minutes ago, NewDigs said:

She did walk it back but the cynic in me thinks that pressure was applied.

Even so, according to thedonald's attorney:

When reporters at the Daily Beast researched the allegations over the summer, Trump lawyer Michael Cohen told one of them, "[W]hat I'm going to do to you is going to be fucking disgusting. ... You write a story that has Mr. Trump's name in it, with the word 'rape,' and I'm going to mess your life up ... you're going to have judgments against you, so much money, you'll never know how to get out from underneath it."

Cohen also tried to redefine the crime of rape to suit Trump’s purposes, claiming, "You cannot rape your spouse. There's very clear case law."

Nice.

Right, this has been my impression. That the story she told was true but under pressure she agreed to go on record as saying she wasn't formally accusing him of rape. But there's no reason to think he didn't force himself on her--iow, rape her. He raped his wife. (Watch, now Matthew Dowd will go say that not raping your wife is some standard of being a good husband or something!

• Love 8
2 hours ago, proserpina65 said:

It was Joel M's reply on Twitter to Eric Geller's tweet about Drumpf's Russian word salad:

"Tonight I say we must move forward, not backward; upward, not forward; and always twirling, twirling, twirling towards freedom!"  It's from the Treehouse of Horror episode where Kang and Kodos kidnap Bill Clinton and George H. W. Bush before the election.

Oh! Now I remember that line! XD Thanks! :)

"I'm proud to be an Amerussian where at least I don't have fleas. And I wont forget the men who hacked who gave that right to me.

And I'll gladly stand up next to you and defend your lies today. Cause there ain't no doubt I love this land. God Bless the KKK."

I thought this would be fitting for patriotism going forward. 

Edited by callmebetty
  • Love 24
On 12/29/2016 at 3:54 AM, shok said:

Dear-republicans_Marine_Sorry-Ass_Food-S

On 12/29/2016 at 8:08 AM, PatsyandEddie said:

Someone with Twitter should send that photo shok provided to as many of those jackasses as possible, starting with the orange one. 

Is that photo true? Is the servicemember in the photo on food stamps? If not, it's fake news, and reposting it is perpetuating fake news. I'm not denying that there are servicemembers and their families on food stamps -- it happens -- but let's not use an image to make a point if he's not the one in question.  

On 12/29/2016 at 2:17 PM, ruby24 said:

I expect Trump to lift those sanctions when he gets in office as a direct show of his allegiance to Putin. Seriously, I do. Because I think the Russians have a LOT on him, and it includes business ties we're unaware of.

Obama was very specific about who he issued sanctions against, to make it difficult for Trump to counteract them.

17 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

What's the approx total of alleged alt right (neo fascist) hate crimes? Here's an SPLC estimate. 1100.   Approx 20 false reports. That's 2 percent. 2 percent is not "most", it's not a significant amount, it's barely anything. Worrying is justified. 

I believe you mean white supremacists. Let's not use euphemisms to normalize their repugnant philosophy and beliefs. 

From Antibeespray:

20 hours ago, AntiBeeSpray said:

Not sure if this has been posted here yet, a good article via Salon about Drumpf and his private security.

A couple paragraphs in particular stood out to me and good on Salon for picking up on the similarities:

So, it's a militia -- the burgeoning "Trumpstapo" -- just like Buzz Windrip's Minute Men, from "It Can't Happen Here"?

Edited by SmithW6079
  • Love 4
21 minutes ago, Duke Silver said:

So will the FBI be waiting to pick up and arrest the two who are on their Most Wanted List or are they just going to let them scurry out of the country until Trump takes office? I'm sure Comey doesn't want to arrest them given the role he played in all of this as well.  It wouldn't surprise me if the orange asshat pardoned them, but then we'll pretty much know without a doubt that he owes the Russians and Putin "bigly" (and not just the money he's likely borrowed) for helping him steal... er... "win" the election. 

Edited by Rapunzel
  • Love 6

I'm disappointed that no one, apparently, has asked Comey and the FBI why they sat back and did the equivalent of nothing back in 2015 when they first learned of the Russian hacking into the DNC, and no one has asked them to account for themselves and their non-action.  Calling the DNC help desk guy doesn't count. 

Edited by izabella
  • Love 12
5 minutes ago, izabella said:

I'm disappointed that no one, apparently, has asked Comey and the FBI why they sat back and did the equivalent of nothing back in 2015 when they first learned of the Russian hacking into the DNC, and no one has asked them to account for themselves and their non-action.  Calling the DNC help desk guy doesn't count. 

I just get the vibe that 1.) people dont care (yay obama is out, focus on that) and 2.) people are scared to piss off trump/his team

mMmMmM, powerRrRrrR. *sigh*

• Love 3
1 minute ago, izabella said:

Yes, no one's going to ask about that ever, are they?  Also disappointing is how the Russian hacking is playing out in today's news (MSNBC at least, the only one I can half-way stand).

So Obama retaliates against Russia for the crime of sabotaging our democratic election on behalf of Trump (not that they put it like that anymore, with names and all).  Today, Putin decides not to take any response, but just wait for his bff to take office in (sob) 21 days.

Here's the bad part:  This is creating great headlines for Trump!!!!  I just saw a high-ranking admiral who's not even a Trump surrogate say "it shows him as a deal maker, a negotiator."  And somehow, the possibility that Trump conspired with Putin to sabotage his opponent and subvert our democratic process, has become a good thing!!!! Because, you know, Donald is so respected and beloved by Putin as a leader, that he'll just wait out the annoying nuisance that is Barack Obama until a real man comes in whom he can work with to bring peace around the world!

It didn't help that the Moscow reporter kept explaining how this is covered in Russia as U.S. aggression and Russian patience and cool-headedness!

If this is the way Russian sabotage of our election (apparently successfully) is going to be covered, I really doubt that McCain and Graham are going to stick to their guns and start an investigation.

And so, Trumpism with its lies, and deceptions and even possible treason, wins the PR battle again!!!!

• Love 5
2 hours ago, Chicken Wing said:

I mean, really, that in a nutshell is the big giant elephant in the room about Dump and the impending four years of havoc and nonsense. If the media is guilty of one thing above all else, and there's a lot else, it's the constant pussyfooting around and not calling a spade a spade already: Our incoming president is a moron.

And this is why I don't get his pissy attitude towards the press and his belief that the First Amendment is too lenient on the press.  They've been enabling his ass since day one of this campaign.  And when it comes time for someone to report the real shit on him, most of them flake out and either half ass it or allow one of his various mouthpieces to grab the mic and justify, lie, and deflect so that anybody who is listening has zero idea what the hell is going on.  

2 hours ago, Lunata said:

Add to that; "had to be rich and white, emotionally unstable, mentally distorted with NPD, lives at the bottom of a black hole that never gets filled and wanted to commit incest with his own daughter. Capable of inciting riots, releasing massive amounts of hatred and fear and prefers to defend enemies of the United States instead of standing up for it." Who needs scholarly, wise, intelligent, composed, articulate and rational when we can have someone like Trump?

This reminds me of one of the new things I saw from the more extreme Trump cult (the Alex Jones segment of the crowd) - apparently, in their minds, all of that overly touchy shit Cheetos was doing with young Ivanka was because he knew all about the existence of PizzaGate, and the "elite pedophiles," and he was making sure she was always in his grasp so they wouldn't get his Ivanka.  (Apparently Don, Jr and Eric were meant to fend for themselves?) 

• Love 9
2 minutes ago, KerleyQ said:

And this is why I don't get his pissy attitude towards the press and his belief that the First Amendment is too lenient on the press.  They've been enabling his ass since day one of this campaign.  And when it comes time for someone to report the real shit on him, most of them flake out and either half ass it or allow one of his various mouthpieces to grab the mic and justify, lie, and deflect so that anybody who is listening has zero idea what the hell is going on.  

This reminds me of one of the new things I saw from the more extreme Drumpf cult (the Alex Jones segment of the crowd) - apparently, in their minds, all of that overly touchy shit Cheetos was doing with young Ivanka was because he knew all about the existence of PizzaGate, and the "elite pedophiles," and he was making sure she was always in his grasp so they wouldn't get his Ivanka.  (Apparently Don, Jr and Eric were meant to fend for themselves?) 

I do. If the press helps him, he has no problem with them. But if they're against him, then he complains. It's the same with anything else he says.

• Love 6

whether it is the press or "friends" , Donald trump uses people. it's all about what others can do for him. he is the only one that matters. 

if you criticize him or whatever the case may be, you're out. bye

like the mafia. fun times

• Love 6

Among the many lies KAC told in the interview replayed yesterday with Rachel was "You can't deny that Donald Trump got the worst press coverage of any candidate".  Rachel said only, "Well, he got the most", allowing KAC to repeat her lie as, of course, she did.

As for Putin helping Trump win, David Frum, at least, isn't letting it go in the Atlantic: https://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/12/how-trump-made-russias-hacking-more-effective/511880/

And I liked Nicholas Kristoff on with Lawrence last night reminding people that with Trump's ongoing support for Putin and refusal to criticize him--combined with the appointments of Putin buddies like Tillerson and Flynn to top national security positions--Trump's decisions look like payback

• Love 9

ETA: And speaking of the press, I'm sick of the reporters like Robert Costa and, not quite as often, Katie Tur, who think "reporting" means "giving Trump's current viewpoint of this issue or question and leaving it at that".

• Love 10
1 minute ago, Padma said:

ETA: And speaking of the press, I'm sick of the reporters like Robert Costa and, not quite as often, Katie Tur, who think "reporting" means "giving Trump's current viewpoint of this issue or question and leaving it at that".

This.  I want to see them being direct and honest.  The lead in should be things like "Donald Trump lied today, saying..."  Then go on and present the actual facts that show why it's a lie.  Stop leaving it at "Donald Trump said..."  When he lies, stop mincing words and go for it.  

• Love 17
5 minutes ago, sistermagpie said:

Once again Trump is a deal-maker for giving away the store and in return getting a "Thanks a lot, Buddy!" from the person he gave it to.

What's weird is it's obvious that among the actual population Trump is unpopular and so are his policies. Regular citizens are making their feelings known. But the attitude of most of the population just doesn't matter. It's not like nobody is brave enough to stand up to him. Average citizens--famous and not--are ready. Magazines like Vanity Fair and Teen Vogue stand up. But watching the news it's like they're determined to act like this is a normal presidency. Even news shows that do report the truth still play into this stuff too much. Oh, the PEOUS is selling out the country to a dictator? Let's discuss the pros and cons of this like it's no biggie. Might as well have a stewedsquash segment where you start off with an elaborate "Oh, what a slow news day" pose and then talk about petty Democrat gossip.

CNN bugs the craaaaap out of me. they have to always have two sides to every issue. 'oh, white superemacy? let's debate this! gotta hear all sides!"

whatever. CNN use to be really good and then.......man. i dont know what happened.

do other networks do the 'two sides to every issue" thing?? 

• Love 12