Type keyword(s) to search

S02.E03: Sin-Eater

Athena

Lucifer and Chloe investigate a gruesome murder after a video of the crime surfaces on social media. When a second video appears, they realize they have a serial killer on their hands. Meanwhile, Lucifer’s mom returns as Charlotte Richards. Also, Amenadiel, struggling with his loss of power, has an appointment with Linda

Case of the week was fun, but I called the HR guy as soon as he showed up.  It just felt like there wasn't really a good reason to have to trot him out to show that video in the beginning, so I figured he was being set up for something more.

Glad that Amenadiel already finds out about "Mom", and Lucifer has decided to continue to let her stay, but is now going to make her actually have to be Charlotte while she stays.  I can only imagine what is going to happen with her and the husband and children.  And I guess her being a lawyer will give her a good excuse to keep showing back up to the precent (which I'm sure the cops will no doubt approve of.)  Still enjoying Tricia Helfer in the role, although nothing is topping the way Tom Ellis' plays Lucifer's exasperation any time she ruins his fun.

Only one Trixie scene, but I'm glad they're acknowledging that Chloe and Dan's issues are effecting her, and now Dan finally believes that it would be best for everyone if they actually get a divorce.  Of course, I love that Lucifer brought it up earlier that their problems were effecting the people close to them, but naturally he was talking about himself and not Trixie.

Glad that Linda and Maze are still hanging out.  And Maze is even being a decent wingwoman!

So, Mom has super strength, huh?  No biggie if the victim is a mugger, but I imagine this could lead to problems later on.

I'm apparently twelve again, because Lucifer and Elle's cracks about the guy's junk being set on fire cracked me up.  Sorry, Chloe! 

• Love 4

Mom's kind of intriguing me. I don't really trust her and am not sure if she really just wants to be with her sons.

And while I do like the more humorous episodes more, I did like that Lucifer was trying to determine why he punishes people. I think this episode pushed the characters' stories forward - Dan and Chloe, Lucifer realizing that he likes to punish, Dr Linda telling Maze she's still protecting Lucifer (even if she denied it), Mom being sent to live with "her" husband and kids. Though, now with Mom on board and Dr Linda and Maze being friends, they are squeezing a lot of stories into the show.

I have to say, the thing I'm not warming up to is the precinct. It's just so dark. I liked the old one much better, it looked more realistic, too.

And what's up with Lucifer seeming to recognize Mom right away while no one else does? Maze needed to be told and Amenadiel didn't recognize her either. Now, Amenadiel I can understand since Mom was in Hell all this time but Maze spent so much time her soul, apparently, so shouldn't she have recognized Mom, too?

• Love 2

So they brought mom on the show so she can try to pass as a human wife and mother to some other family for the rest of the season.   Like, they really couldn't think of anything else to do with her? 

• Love 2

Less hilarious than last week's but another good one.

I liked the exploration of Lucifer's motives, the refreshing restraint as far as angst goes (please no Emo!Lucifer) and the answer he found. I also like how Chloe isn't on the defensive all the time now, while being still focused and serious about her work. And I like the deadpan snark.

Amenadiel drunk in his office cracked me up and yet was so sad. DB Woodside's acting was spot on. Still like Amenadiel and Maze together. (Note to self: Do not start to call them "Amaze").

I was never very fond of the Chloe/Dan subplot but I do appreciate that they reacted like adults, both flawed but both well-meaning, and placed Trixie at the top of their priorities.  Why do I feel that Dan is going to have a new GF soon? His only roles on the show right now are Chloe's ex and bootleg work, so I guess the divorce won't put a fork in the romantic entanglements.  I'd rather they connect him again to other characters and a plot arc, like last year. Oh, maybe he's going to date Mom.

Loved the Dr Linda/Maze scene.

My favorite part of the episode was Lucifer turning the tables on Charlotte re: her attempt at mind-fuck. It certainly won't be the last time she tries and probably her next attempts might work longer, but I hope it's a good omen for the general direction of the show.

I had the fleeting impression that hiding Mom's identity from Chloe is going to be more difficult to sustain on the long run;  considering his horrified reactions I'm not sure that Lucifer would accept to pretend he's dating his mother in order to explain their sudden closeness. BTW, I'd like to see Dr Linda and Chloe share their vision of Lucifer's family. They're the two characters connected to the supernatural but "out of the loop" so it would be interesting. 

Now, one serious beef. Can Trixie please appear for more than one scene? And like, a significant scene? I know that a child means limitations and understand why the writers aren't pushing their luck with Her Cuteness. Too much of a child character can go a long way, so I appreciate how they dose her presence. But just for one episode, once in a while? (Not that it wasn't my other favorite scene of the episode. And I want to know: Would she choose Lucifer over chocolate?)

• Love 4
10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

Glad that Linda and Maze are still hanging out.  And Maze is even being a decent wingwoman!

I love this relationship so much! I want them to get a spin-off, take Amendiel with them and then I won't ever have to see Charlotte and TH's overacting again. (WTF? I thought she was a good actress? She's terrible in this role for me. Too cartoony.)

10 hours ago, thuganomics85 said:

I'm apparently twelve again, because Lucifer and Elle's cracks about the guy's junk being set on fire cracked me up.  Sorry, Chloe!

I would much rather watch Lucy and Elle fighting crime than humorless Chloe. I love that, though Elle is religious, she is also able to laugh at a charred corpse. Usually TV makes religious people far too serious, like everything is blasphemy to them. Elle is adorable.

2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Now, one serious beef. Can Trixie please appear for more than one scene?

As much as I agree, I think it would get weird if Trixie began showing up all the time. I mean, it was a stretch to have her hanging out at the police station at her age. Though I would love an ep that centered around her. Not an "OMG Someone kidnapped Trixie" type thing, but maybe something where she can't deal with her parents divorce and decides to run away. Of course there is only one place she would run...Luxe! So Lucy, who is fond of screwing with Chloe and seems to have a grudging fondness for Trixie, tries to help her out. Or Maze. Maze would definitely side with Trixie over Chloe and would have no problem not telling Chloe where her kid is. Something were Trixie gets to interact with someone other than Chloe and Dan (neither of whom I care much for). Or something goes down at her school and she's a witness. IDK, just not "Trixie's in peril" and something other than Trixie randomly hanging out at the police station.

I have to admit, I paid very little attention to this episode. I figured it was Robin Givens' (or her doppleganger, didn't care enough to find out if it was really her) character but HR guy makes sense since yeah, his scene at the beginning was pretty pointless. "Hey, you, come here and open a window on this computer I am standing in front of and could do myself but we need to establish your presence in the story so no one goes "who's that?" when you are revealed as the killer."

2 hours ago, Happy Harpy said:

Would she choose Lucifer over chocolate?)

Personally, I would chose Lucifer covered in chocolate but then, I'm quite a bit older than Trixie. lol

• Love 1

Pretty good episode, even though I pretty much saw the killer coming from a mile away. "Yes, hello random guy with no real reason to be here! Sure hope you dont come back to turn out to be the killer!" But oh well. I liked the other stuff at least. 

I swear, I want an episode thats just Dr. Linda and Maz hanging out. Or babysitting Trixie. Or something. That would be awesome, and a whole lot more interesting than Chloe and Dans relationship issues. Not that there stuff is awful, its just...pretty boring.

I still dont really trust Mom. She is up to something, and is just using her momness to manipulate her kids. Oh the drama!

• Love 2

The guest star rule gave away who did it pretty much right away, but I still liked this one.  Chloe having to tell Lucifer not to touch the burned crotch (twice!).  I like Elle.  I remember years ago I knew a paramedic with a sense of humor like that, being able to laugh at charred corpses.

I also love Dr. Linda and Maze hanging out. Is this the first episode where Dr. Linda had no scenes in her office?

Don't trust Mom, she's definitely up to something but Tricia Helfer is playing the hell out of it, like the "when I rub against other humans, I get a strange feeling down here..." moment.  Curious to see how she deals with her 'sentence' and what powers she might actually have.

I love the details on this show, like how the angel Amenadiel has a dirt devil.

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
58 minutes ago, Lugal said:

I love the details on this show, like how the angel Amenadiel has a dirt devil.

OMG I missed that. He must love making fun of Lucy over that one. There has to be some kind of sucking joke in there.

• Love 1
4 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

Personally, I would chose Lucifer covered in chocolate but then, I'm quite a bit older than Trixie. lol

Writing that sentence I thought that I'd personally choose both but yep, I'm older than Trixie too :))

They already did the Trixie going at Lux last year (even though it was her grandmother and mother's fight she couldn't take anymore). And as I said, I agree that a child's role on a show has limitations and indeed she can't be everywhere without reason. We haven't seen Chloe at home this season yet, IIRC, maybe that's why Trixie is at the police station. But it would be nice to see a bit more of her with Chloe (I love their relationship) Lucifer and other characters indeed.

• Love 2
25 minutes ago, Happy Harpy said:

They already did the Trixie going at Lux last year

And it was awesome! I want more of Maze liquoring up small children. I wouldn't mind if Trixie joined Maze and Linda for a sleepover. Oh what fun that would be. Outside of Lucifer they are my three favorites, with Amendiel not far behind. I am enjoying his story this season more than Lucifer and his so far extremely predictable mother.

Speaking of, the blurb for the ep said something about Amendiel having an appointment with Linda. I had to step outside to move my car. I tried to do it during commercials but did I miss something? I saw him talking with Maze and then the next time I saw him was in Lucy's place for their meeting with Mommy.

5 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

I would much rather watch Lucy and Elle fighting crime than humorless Chloe. I love that, though Elle is religious, she is also able to laugh at a charred corpse. Usually TV makes religious people far too serious, like everything is blasphemy to them. Elle is adorable.

I would too!  I like Chloe as a foil for Lucifer, but I don't like the idea of a romance between them, and I don't really care about Dan at all.  The show could drop him easily.  Elle is funny and, so far at least, they haven't tried to paint her as a religious fanatic.  They also seem to have good chemistry.  

Great to see "Jeff" from "Chuck" again as the HR baddy.  Although he really didn't get much screen time.  I think this is the first time I seen him in anything since Chuck left the air.  Oh, "Jeffster" was just so much fun.  I miss that show, but this one has the same wacky humor blended with some seriousness.

• Love 2

No offense to Tricia but all this talk the show is doing about her being hot... she's attractive, yes, but not the hottest thing around. Two episodes in and it's getting too much already. 

Did anyone else see wheels turning in Lucifer's head in the final scene? When Mom/Amenadiel told Lucifer they were okay, it was like a signal went off that things might be off. Maybe I'm thinking too much about it since I don't want Luci to get completely played so I'm looking for signs he's suspicious, but, I got a vibe beyond his little plan to make her live as Charlotte (terrible plan for the humans involved, but it wouldn't be in character for him to think about that too much.) Hopefully that will lead to Luci going back to get that husband better clothes, though!

I really hated how Chloe told Dan "she felt betrayed" like it was an over reaction to feel that way. She was betrayed. He betrayed her for months because he couldn't have handled being the one who was the outcast (and possibly losing his job.) Also, going on that camping trip would have been a terrible idea, it would give Trixie a ton of mixed signals.  

Was Amenadiel using a Dirt Devil to suck up the feathers? HA! (I didn't see a brand but I know they're red.) And is he actually living in that office? Something tells me every time he's swigging the booze a feather falls off. I'm surprised Maze knows humans enough to not have attempted to tell Linda outright that was Lucifer's mom, not a girlfriend. Sooner rather than later I'm going to need a scene of Maze inviting both of her girlfriends out.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 2
34 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

No offense to Tricia but all this talk the show is doing about her being hot... she's attractive, yes, but not the hottest thing around. Two episodes in and it's getting too much already. 

When they do stuff like making every freaking character say someone is hot it always makes me think they aren't. I never trust when someone is trying to sell something that hard. I think they do her a disservice by pushing it so hard.

I about died laughing when they made Chloe mention how hot she was. I was so disappointed because usually we can count on Chloe to be unaffected by pretty much everything.

43 minutes ago, Gigi43 said:

I don't want Luci to get completely played

I have such mixed feelings on this. I really don't want Luci to get played because I adore him and want him to triumph always. However...I also like my characters with an Achilles Heel and I could see Mommy being his. I think it could be fascinating to see that Luci has this desperate desire to believe that his mommy loves him and that he is willfully ignoring all the red flags he sees that she is playing him. So I guess I want it both ways, that deep down he knows, but that there is a part of him that really, really wants to be wrong.

Mostly I just hope they drop this "oh, look, his mom is in the body of a hot woman" crap and get to the heart of their story, that he felt deeply betrayed by her, had the ability to and did punish her for it, and is struggling with whether he wants her to be good (meaning she does love him) or bad (meaning he didn't torture his innocent mother for centuries which would be quite a guilty burden to carry).

• Love 2

Regarding the reveal of Mom flinging that mugger away like a rag doll, was that a big surprise? We saw her knock Mazikeen out with a head butt, which I assumed indicated substantial supernatural power/spiritual oomph even in her stolen hot corpse body. Whatever punishment Yahweh inflicted on her rendered her incapable of escaping Hell until it wasn't being overseen by an archangel anymore, but I never saw any reason to think that her diminishment took her all the way down to not being able to do anything beyond what Charlotte could manage when alive.

• Love 3
21 hours ago, fastiller said:

I do not like the ME person.  She's way too unserious!

I am so miserable that I am not liking the show this year. I don't like the ME. I hate the actress but the character is awful also. I don't like mom either. It think it is ill thought out and pushing Chloe out of the focus. I even feel Luci is losing focus. Too many plots.  I would like to see a focus to Luci's redemption via crime solving and Chloe. 

• Love 2

I don't like the mom either.  Her scenes are very repetitive -- oh look at the hot chic/oh my mom is so embarrassing.  I like the other characters more.  I kinda miss Chloe.  I wonder if the show runners saw the complaints about Chloe last year and have diminished her role.  The thing is Chloe grew on me over last season.

I don't mind the ME because I think she confuses Lucifer.  She is overly chummy, with him, and he doesn't seem to know how to react.  Although they did seem to bond over the fire crotch jokes.  I think she is a good addition to the mix.

i like Maze and all her scenes.  I like Maze and Linda.  I would like to see Dr Linda more.  

Trixie I like but she is becoming too manipulative.  her parents need to reign her in.  

I wnat more more focus on season one characters.  

• Love 6

I liked the way the crime in the opening scene bookended with the wrapping-up-the-case scene: They started with a burning and ended with an extinguishing.

"Great balls of fire" was too funny.

I've mentioned this before in the Only On TV Thread: It's amazing how quiet large server rooms are on TV and in movies. Lucifer and Chloe were able to have a whispered conversation in one. I've been in a few such rooms in real life, and had to wear ear-plugs to protect my hearing. They should have had to shout in each others' ears.

• Love 2

Oh, how I looooooved the reveal that an HR type was the villain.  So true to life!!!!!

Amenediel gave up the incredibly important and profound reason why he, Luci, and Mum, are all literally damned:  He insists that Dad is wrong things - including his judgment of Mum.  DING!  The precise reason Luci was cast out!  He believed Dad to be flawed.  Yes, resentment followed and that cut things forever.  I will say this...they are each most definitely their mother's sons!

Loved the line about peeps who recline their plane seats!  

Who knew Luci was a fan of Mr. Miyagi?  Wax on.  Wax off.

15 hours ago, Gigi43 said:

14 hours ago, Mabinogia said:

When they do stuff like making every freaking character say someone is hot it always makes me think they aren't. I never trust when someone is trying to sell something that hard. I think they do her a disservice by pushing it so hard.

I about died laughing when they made Chloe mention how hot she was. I was so disappointed because usually we can count on Chloe to be unaffected by pretty much everything.

It worked on Crazy Ex Girlfirend but their West Covina small law firm was not the world of Lucifer's club. When mom showed up talking about her ass I was thinking like just no. As an actress she came up before the ass revolution and belongs in the long legs era. I remember when Battlestar Galatica first came out Maxim magazine had photo shot of her and Grace Park. Never before or after until they changed editorial direction last year had so few curves been in the magazine

OK showrunners, I am confused.  Mum has a mortal body (she got stabbed in the arm by Lucifer and hurt herself when she head butted Maze) BUT she effortlessly threw the mugger across the street. Maze: who knows? She got headbutted to the point where mum got away but has been kickass several times. Amenadiel: he was seen researching fallen angels but why are his wings disintegrating while Lucifer's were pristine (until he burned them); is he becoming vulnerable and, if he is, why?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, Arthur said:

OK showrunners, I am confused.  Mum has a mortal body (she got stabbed in the arm by Lucifer and hurt herself when she head butted Maze) BUT she effortlessly threw the mugger across the street. Maze: who knows? She got headbutted to the point where mum got away but has been kickass several times. Amenadiel: he was seen researching fallen angels but why are his wings disintegrating while Lucifer's were pristine (until he burned them); is he becoming vulnerable and, if he is, why?

Well Lucifer's wings were clipped off so I guess that's why they were in good shape. I think the wings are falling apart to send message, a message Lucifer got loud and clear when he was cast into hell so there was no need to shred them, or hell somehow help Lucifer preserve them. It sounded like Lucifer clipped the very soon after coming to Earth. Amenadiel seems to be less self aware than Lucifer. He slept with a demon, is still lying to Chloe, and is pounding back the alcohol (though it was fine for Jesus to know weddings should have unlimited wine!) Which Lucifer pointed out was frowned upon by Dad, yet he seems stumped as to what's going on/that he's causing it.

I'd like to know how Amenadiel "carried mom to hell" as Luci said if mom never had a physical form. That's like saying he carried air.

Edited by Gigi43
  • Love 1

I do hope she cleans up her husband wardrobe.   And get her kids in line. I think the bedroom going to be very intersting for the husband this season. 

Edited by gwhh

I want Chloe and Luci to have to work on a case and Dr. Linda and Maze are roped into babysitting Trixie. Then I want scenes of Chloe/Luci at the crime scene intercut with shots of Adventures in Babysitting Hell. Maybe a cutthroat game of Candyland leads into Maze teaching Dr. Linda and Trixie some self defense. Maybe there's a bizarro puppet show thrown in for good measure, or Hell's version of Barbie dress up, heh.

I'm not understanding how this is gonna work with Mum being Charlotte. Are we gonna have scenes of a whole new family now and how she's fitting in or not? Hard pass. This is kinda why I would have preferred Mum to take on different bodies. Could've even been a running joke about how her human meat sacks keep dying and she has to keep trading them in for another.

• Love 2
38 minutes ago, Badsamaritan said:

Maybe a cutthroat game of Candyland leads into Maze teaching Dr. Linda and Trixie some self defense. Maybe there's a bizarro puppet show thrown in for good measure, or Hell's version of Barbie dress up, heh.

I would give my right arm to see Trixie give Maze a makeover! Can you just see Maze sitting there why Trixie does her makeup?

I don't think I could handle the awesomeness of watching Maze read a bedtime story. I think it would be the original Grimms fairytales instead of the Disneyfied version. Linda shaking her head in the background. "Maze, while what you are saying is the correct version of these tales, I'm not entirely sure they are appropriate for a child of Trixie's age." she gets interrupted by Trixie, "It's okay. I can take it," cause she's LOVING Maze's version. (I do worry about which direction our little Trixie could be headed).

• Love 4

I think it’s that the promise of the terror of “Mum has escaped from hell” hasn’t in any way materialized. She’s not scary at all, much less to either Lucifer or Amenadiel. What is she doing there that made L&A tremble in fear? What is DAD doing that warranted that terror? None. The usual human transition of children being adults and the parents realizing it and possibly freaking out. Meh. Ho hum. Zzzzzzz.

Bring me a terrifying goddess, not a whiny cheesy-noodle-making faux-waif in a “hot” skin sack (not seeing that hotness, either) trying to buy her son’s love and/or manipulating him. It’s every toxic-mother plotline evar.

I like the new ME. She says interesting things, theologically speaking.

Edited by Mojeaux
  • Love 6
On 10/12/2016 at 0:53 PM, Arthur said:

The reveal of Lucifer's wings was at a time when the show was still anchoring itself in it's source material (DC Vertigo's Lucifer) in order to build beyond that source material.

But let me see if I can explain. 

Spoiler

In DC Verigo's canon, when we first meet Lucifer in Sandman, his wings are the iconic black leather batwings people thing of for demons/Hell denizens.  In Vertigo's Lucifer, there is a huge story arch around Lucifer going to another underworld, arriving there completely powerless to retrieve his wings.  It seems the ruler of this particular underworld has a thing for 'collecting' all things divine/supernatural.  When his wings are revealed to the audience, they are the gorgeous white FEATHER wings of the iconic archangel and it is explained between two characters that after he had Morpheus cut off his wings, they healed themselves back to their divine/original form.

Now I speculate that with Amenadiel we're witnessing the 'fallING' angel transformation that we are expected to believe Lucifer underwent eons ago when he first fell.

As for the vulnerability/loss of super power ability/etc that we see spread across all 4 'supernatural' characters, I have to admit that right NOW it doesn't look to be consistent or at worst seems to be a crutch for the writers when they need an out.  BUT I also have to say that to date the writers have always impressed me by making a thing look one way and yanking a rabbit hat out of where I wasn't paying attention, so ... I'm willing to see if they connect the dots.

That said, count me as the sole voice who DIDN'T find the "don't touch the burned crotch" amusing.  Like really?  Lucifer, who spent eons punishing people in wide and creative ways, never broke out something like that and he's SOOOOO fascinated he's acting like a teenage boy who just learned about tissues and lotion?  Eh.  Cheap laugh show, cheap laugh. 

• Love 1
On 10/11/2016 at 5:43 PM, Bruinsfan said:

Regarding the reveal of Mom flinging that mugger away like a rag doll, was that a big surprise? We saw her knock Mazikeen out with a head butt, which I assumed indicated substantial supernatural power/spiritual oomph even in her stolen hot corpse body. Whatever punishment Yahweh inflicted on her rendered her incapable of escaping Hell until it wasn't being overseen by an archangel anymore, but I never saw any reason to think that her diminishment took her all the way down to not being able to do anything beyond what Charlotte could manage when alive.

I'm just guessing but the way it played to me was more like maybe either she assumed she'd only have Charlotte's strength levels, because other things hurt when she wasn't expecting them to, so the flinging the dude was a surprise because she thought she was limited by the body and was wrong...or she was actually in some way weakened by being in the corpse at first and now she's adjusted to it.

I'm also not sure if perhaps she wasn't surprised at her ability to fling him across the alley, but maybe she just didn't realize the dude would be so weak, since she seems to keep claiming ignorance of what humans are like, and then maybe part of what read a bit as surprise was maybe more like...glee that she'd killed him. She did seem overly intrigued by the blood spatter.

• Love 1

I was disgusted when I saw her heave the guy with superhuman power.  Luci just got done explaining how he loved consigning her to the low fate of being human.  But no, reality is altered for the umpteenth time, with zero rhyme or reason or explanation.  If the show doesn't choose to present any physical laws, (not even life or death!) why on earth would I as a viewer ever give a rat's patootie about any difficult situation in which anyone is ever placed?  The answer is I do not.  Ever.

• Love 1
On 10/15/2016 at 5:13 PM, Lonesome Rhodes said:

I was disgusted when I saw her heave the guy with superhuman power.  Luci just got done explaining how he loved consigning her to the low fate of being human.  But no, reality is altered for the umpteenth time, with zero rhyme or reason or explanation.  If the show doesn't choose to present any physical laws, (not even life or death!) why on earth would I as a viewer ever give a rat's patootie about any difficult situation in which anyone is ever placed?  The answer is I do not.  Ever.

You didn't really think that the entity described as being essentially co-equal to God before her fall would simply remain a powerless "fish-out-of-water" did you?  The point of the punishment scene is that Lucifer (and by extension we) thinks he has a handle on this situation.  He doesn't.  He hasn't trapped "Charlotte" in her family, he's trapped them with her.  The show has used "Mom's" ignorance about Earth for humor, but she's clearly far from stupid.  Now that she does in fact still have some power, we'll likely see how she uses it.  I fear a bit for the people in "Charlotte's" life.  I think they're going to have a bad time of it soon.  And it will be left to Lucifer to deal with the fallout.

• Love 2

Mum had been shown to be clueless as to her supernatural power - other than to inhabit a corpse and was shown to be a fraidy cat from moment one.  

She did not realize she had Hulk strength.

Then, in a blink, she's Wonder Woman without the lasso.  Farce, in my opinion.

I have no issue with the fact of her powers.  I have an enormous problem that the writers once again create one physical reality and alter it pell mell. 

• Love 1

Great to see "Jeff" from "Chuck" again as the HR baddy.  Although he really didn't get much screen time.  I think this is the first time I seen him in anything since Chuck left the air.

Actually, that actor was the "Lester" part of "Jeffster." Jeff was the drunk guy. *GRIN* I really should re-watch my Chuck DVDs. 

Count me in on those less than impressed with the Mom storyline so far. I'll wait and see where they're taking it, but right now I find it pretty boring and I'm not enjoying Tricia's take on the mom. She seems more whiny and manipulative than powerful or terrifying. I assume the terrifying part is to come, but in the meantime I'm not interested in wacky hijinks as she tries to figure out how to be a lawyer, mother, wife and human.

Edited by sinkwriter
  • Love 1
On 10/13/2016 at 9:55 AM, Mojeaux said:

I think it’s that the promise of the terror of “Mum has escaped from hell” hasn’t in any way materialized. She’s not scary at all, much less to either Lucifer or Amenadiel. What is she doing there that made L&A tremble in fear? What is DAD doing that warranted that terror? None. The usual human transition of children being adults and the parents realizing it and possibly freaking out. Meh. Ho hum. Zzzzzzz.

Bring me a terrifying goddess, not a whiny cheesy-noodle-making faux-waif in a “hot” skin sack (not seeing that hotness, either) trying to buy her son’s love and/or manipulating him. It’s every toxic-mother plotline evar.

This. I adore Tricia Helfer, she was one of the best parts of BSG, and she's capable of playing terrifying and inhuman as well as sexy, intelligent, and hilarious. They don't have to sacrifice one for the other. I think they bit off more than they can chew, writing-wise; 'Mom' is a good idea but they have no idea how to write her.

• Love 2

That shrug at the mention of her being the one who sent plagues and disasters and the knowing look skyward after she told Lucifer sparing him via exile to Hell was her idea were the only times I've found her menacing. Need more of that.

Edited by Bruinsfan
  • Love 3