Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: We're Good People Now

In the third-season premiere, the "Keating 5" begin their second year of law school with perhaps more baggage than they can handle. Meanwhile, Annalise deals with potentially damaging publicity on campus as she wonders what to do about Frank.

• Love 1

Who is dead?  I hope it is Bonnie or the new dean or a client, not one of the students. Seriously, those four are good people now? Ha. I love them all, but they will never be good. I cannot believe Asher blaming Annalise for his financial problems. It does crack me up that he is now a resident assistant and that Michaela is still sleeping with him. Annalise telling her that she looked like she was working the corner made me laugh. 

Who is stalking Annalise? Good to see hottie Nate is back.

Lauren's hair is perfect this season. It makes her look prettier. How is Wes resisting her? He obviously loves her as much as she loves him. Maggie is lovely. However, she needs to run away from Wes before she gets dragged into his drama with Laurel.

I cannot believe that Ollie ended it with Connor. What a mess. I hated that. Oh Ollie, working for Annalise won't end well. I dread him finding out what Connor and the rest of the students really did, but then again, maybe that will make Ollie understand Connor better and they will get back together.

Frank looks so much younger shaved. He has got to stop killing people though.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 8

Annalise gardening might have been the night's biggest shock. This is up there with the cobbler. I loved her gardening outfit, too. If I ever develop a green thumb (not likely), I want that outfit.

Frank shaving was kind of hot.

When Oliver said "I can be bad, too" I screamed NOOOOO! at my TV. Interesting that he admitted to Annalise that he'd deleted Connor's acceptance letter. I guess he thought he was sharing a confidence. Little did he know that giving Annalise ammo like that is a bad idea. Because she will use it against you. Guess he learned the hard way.

Wes and Annalise primal screaming made sense after all they've been through.

Somewhat shallow, but I think everyone looked beautiful in this ep.

Asher: "You're just discriminating against me becuase I'm poor now."
Michaela: "Welcome to America."

Oh damn. 

As for the big season mystery: I'm gonna go with Wes is the one who's under that sheet. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

As for the big season mystery: I'm gonna go with Wes is the one who's under that sheet. 

Nooooooooooooooooo! I couldn't bare it. I want it to anyone, but the students. 

ETA: Or hottie Nate.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 2

Nooooooooooooooooo! I couldn't bare it. I want it to anyone, but the students. 

Oh, I don't want it to be one of the students either, but Wes is just my speculation. 

I gasped twice during this ep: once when Oliver broke up with Connor and again when Frank rolled up on Annalise's henchman. I guess you could say Frank didn't like Anna having a henchman that wasn't him? I'm curious to see how/if he finds his way back into the Keating fold.

• Love 5

I could have sworn I heard either Annalise or someone else say, "who is she"? So my first guess is Bonnie. 

So Oliver hacks Connor's email, impersonates him and basically ruins a great academic opportunity for him and then HE breaks up with Connor? The hell? And he's deciding he needs a break from Connor, just as he's taking a job with the woman Connor himself essentially works for? So how's that going to work and not be awkward? I don't know, that whole thing was really stupid and came across as lazy writing just to facilitate a breakup and I don't know, make Connor single again for awhile. Mind you, I was not an Oliver and Connor shipper and could care less about the relationship ending. I just hate that it was done so stupidly. 

Edited by truthaboutluv
  • Love 21

I hope it's none of the students under the sheet but if it has to be one of them, I hope it's Asher.  He's a jerk.  I'm guessing it's either Bonnie or Nate.  I was trying to see how large the body looked, but I couldn't really tell.

I hope you guys are right in assuming Oliver still intends to work for Annalise even though he (stupidly) broke up with Connor.  I took that break up to mean he's decided not to work for Annalise and that he's being written out of the show.

• Love 1

And he's deciding he needs a break from Connor, just as he's taking a job with the woman Connor himself essentially works for? So how's that going to work and not be awkward?

The Connor/Oliver breakup was odd to me too. I guess I could buy Oliver thinking he doesn't like who he's becoming, but if that's the case, then why be all "I can be bad too" and go work for Annalise?

• Love 6

I'm guessing Nate because he's the last we see before the reveal of her anguish...I thought they tried to cram in too much..and of course...the deportation drama held no interest for me..

I did yell at my TV when Ollie broke up with Connor......and is it me but when Bonnie and Annalise were drinking, did anyone else expect some random hookup between those two? Knowing this show, I can see that happening...

So if Frank was in the car, who shot Wes' dad? ..and who was that other guy Annalise had to follow Frank?

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Gillian Rosh said:

The Connor/Oliver breakup was odd to me too. I guess I could buy Oliver thinking he doesn't like who he's becoming, but if that's the case, then why be all "I can be bad too" and go work for Annalise?

This. Like I said, just stupid. I would have bought it if he'd simply come clean to Connor because he felt so guilty and then basically said that he would never have done something like that before and so he hates who he is becoming and blah, blah. But it's like, "oh you're not mad I hacked your email and blew your Stanford spot, well then we need to break up because I hate this person I'm becoming and oh by the way I'm working for Annalise and totally interested in doing the illegal stuff she needs done..." Like say what?

Yes he doesn't know about the murders but Oliver's whole obsession with working for Annalise is because of all the illegal hacking stuff he's done to help her cases. So how is that not still "not liking this person I'm becoming". Or I guess he's telling himself he's doing it to help Annalise save innocent people. Whatever, I still say the whole thing was stupid. 

• Love 5
11 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

I'm guessing Nate because he's the last we see before the reveal of her anguish...I thought they tried to cram in too much..and of course...the deportation drama held no interest for me..

I did yell at my TV when Ollie broke up with Connor......and is it me but when Bonnie and Annalise were drinking, did anyone else expect some random hookup between those two? Knowing this show, I can see that happening...

So if Frank was in the car, who shot Wes' dad? ..and who was that other guy Annalise had to follow Frank?

Now that you mention it, Frank was in the car. Maybe analise hired the other guy to kill Wes'dad.  When Frank saw what was going on,  he ran.  That's why analise is so desperate to find him. 

• Love 3

Ollie dumping Connor was dumb, but I think that the show probably doesn't want all the students in relationships at the same time. 

Maybe Frank is the dead body. Annalise's stalker is probably responsible for the fire.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, pivot said:

I can only imagine Annalise having that hysterical reaction to Eve, Wes or Nate dying. She isn't going to go hysterical if one of the other students die. 

Eve! I just remembered that the actress has a new series. Killing Eve would be a great way to put a period on the character.

Edited by SimoneS
  • Love 4

I think it's one of these characters Wes, Nate, Eve or her mom. I don't think she would be that upset over any of the other characters. At least not in that fashion. I wonder if Caleb's sister is putting up the KILLER posters. HTGAWM has permanently replaced AHS as my go to shocker show. 

• Love 1

At first I just kind of assumed that Frank definitely killed Mahoney, but then I remembered what show I was watching and that unless we actually see it, we shouldn't assume it to be true.

I was a little underwhelmed by the Connor/Oliver breakup as well. Maybe because they set the stakes so high (all the shit Connor knows/is involved in vs. Oliver talking away Connor's chance at escaping Annalise), I was expecting a lot more, but now it's kind of a mess. So Oliver doesn't like the person he's become after deleting the Stanford email and wants some time to himself to figure it out. Okay, fine. But he doesn't come to this realization until after Connor barely reacts to the news? And is he still gonna work for Annalise? These complications work separately but together they're a bit contradictory. I agree with Oliver that their relationship, while oftentimes sweet, is extremely dysfunctional, but this is all so very complicated. Because Oliver's sticking around, right? I didn't pay attention to the opening credits, is Conrad Ricamora still bumped up to regular cast member?

I'm already supremely invested in this season's (or half-season's, I'm assuming we'll have the answer at the mid-season break) big mystery, but also really terrified of who could be the body under the sheet. But that's a good thing, that I care about who it is and am also dreading to find out, that's some nice tension they've created there. I honestly don't have a good guess as to who it could be right now. I feel like, depending on how things unfold in the present timeline over the next few episodes, it really could be any one of the main characters. Annalise has a very unique relationship with each of the Keating 5, and at this point I could see her being devastated if any of them ended up dead. Plus, whoever it was died in her house, and we don't know the circumstances. She might be overwrought with guilt as well as grief.

The only thing I hope is that it actually is a major character, and not some kind of cop-out, like it being Meggy or the new president or something. Dear God, I really hope it's not Eve. I know Famke's got her own show now but I hate the idea of closing that door. Plus Eve doesn't deserve that, just let her be fabulous offscreen, no need to kill her! And I hope it isn't Laurel because she's my favorite character. God damn it, I don't really want it to be anyone right now. But this is what happens when you get invested in a show that has death at the center.

As to who started the fire, this may be a bit out of left field, but my first thought was Ophelia. We already know she's murdered via arson before.

Annalise gardening and having a barbecue with Nate was so bizarre but I love when they have moments like that, like with the cobbler and basically any time she's being domestic.

I don't really care about the Laurel/Wes angst. I love Laurel and I've just never felt the need for her relationship with Wes to turn romantic. I liked them as friends. Meggy seems chill though so hopefully Wes just stays with her. But I did have to laugh at Michaela. "Who voluntarily goes by Meggy?"

Lmao at Asher having to become an RA. That was so perfect.

I liked all of the summer flashbacks if only because it was probably the brightest this show has ever been. A nice change of pace from the usually very dark flashfowards.

I forgot to check, but did anyone see if Annalise had switched to tequila in her scene with Bonnie? I'd like to think Laurel honored her request and brought some back from Mexico.

• Love 4

I'm so confused, am I supposed to be?

I don't buy Wes's issue with Laurel is her connection with Frank.  If that were the true reason, he wouldn't talk of her incessantly to his new girlfriend.  I think he's uncomfortable with his feelings after their kiss, and is putting distance between them, while also trying to forget her with another woman.

Why would Frank go on the run?  Why set up Wes to witness his father's murder?  He didn't need Wes's presence to kill the man, and it doesn't look like he was setting up Wes to take the rap.  It seemed unnecessarily cruel, and it also immediately revealed to Wes and Annalise that Frank was the murderer.  If he had left Wes out, Frank wouldn't even need to go into hiding.  And after the years of guilt and his devotion to Annalise, why does she automatically assume Frank is going to use what he knows against her?  Frank's got his own body count to account for and Annalise has some dirt on him.  None of it made sense to me.

Frank looked so different with his head and face shaved.  During the shaving scene, he looked more and more like Eric Dane that it was almost distracting.  What a pretty face he's been hiding.

The ease with which Annalise hired a replacement hitman to kill Frank, reaffirms my suspicion that she's the one who gave Sam the death blow when she found him.  There's a reason why her first instinct was to sit down and plot a cover up, rather than calling 911.  She didn't initially realize her students were involved, so I think she was working on her own cover.  Notice how easily she told Bonnie she wasn't a killer, while simultaneously waiting for a call from her hitman.  And why kill Frank because he knows too much, yet hire your next hitman while using your real name?  They were on a first name basis.  Sloppy.

I was disappointed to see so little of Bonnie.  I'm hoping the dead person will be Oliver, or even Michaela or Connor.   The actor who portrays Oliver is such a weak actor, and I'm already over Michaela and Connor's mopey act.

28 minutes ago, stonehaven said:

I thought Frank shot Wes's dad.

14 minutes ago, love2lovebadtv said:

Now that you mention it, Frank was in the car. Maybe analise hired the other guy to kill Wes'dad.  When Frank saw what was going on,  he ran.  That's why analise is so desperate to find him. 

But why would Frank run?  He has no ethical problem with murder, and he knows what Wes's father did to Annalise's baby.  Also, I don't see Frank enthusiastically providing emotional support for Wes without motive.  It's just too sweet, and Frank's just not sweet.

5 minutes ago, pivot said:

I can only imagine Annalise having that hysterical reaction to Eve, Wes or Nate dying. She isn't going to go hysterical if one of the other students die. 

I could see Annalise reacting that way to Eve, Nate, Bonnie, or Frank.  Maybe Wes.

• Love 1

I could see Annalise setting her own house on fire and faking the hysteria.

And they had better know better than to kill Eve, after the past season of TV lesbians being killed in record numbers. There's been a lot of media attention paid to this trope, and I'd think anyone associated with Shondaland would avoid it.

• Love 9

The more Wes talks about what Frank did ala the shooting of Wes' father, the more I believe that Frank didn't shoot him, but he might have seen who did and took off as a result.

Every new person that's introduced are immediately put on my suspect list. Sorry, Wes' girlfriend Meggie, but you're firmly planted on the list. 

So many new hairstyles this season. Laurel, Frank, Connor. Laurel looks great with her new hair. Frank looks a lot younger. Connor? I'm still out on. 

So....wow, Oliver, that's kind of cold. I guess they really want single Connor this season. But seriously, how does Oliver think this break up is going to work if they're still going to see each other constantly? I get wanting some space, but he knows that he won't be able to avoid Connor. 

So, judging by Annalise's reaction, there's not very many people she would cry that hard over. At least, I'm pretty sure, unless something drastic happens with on of the characters and their relationship to Annalise this season; maybe whatever happens up to the flashforward had been building up for Annalise. So it's really between Eve, Nate, and Wes for me. Maybe Bonnie and maybe Frank too. I'm betting on Nate (or maybe I'm just hoping it's Nate). The guy's very, very nice to look at and I certainly appreciated his use this episode, but he's ultimately the most expandable for me. Eve would be fine too. But I wonder if this season, the show really wants to go there again with a major death. We had Annalise's husband the first season but that was revealed right away. I wonder if they really want a shocking death that'll impact Annalise and maybe even the Keating Five. 

My prediction is that it's either Nate or Eve. 

31 minutes ago, possibilities said:

I could see Annalise setting her own house on fire and faking the hysteria.

I mean, we've seen that she can be an excellent actress when she wants to be. I'm definitely not ruling it out, especially depending on who's dead. But it all depends on if the press and witnesses will buy her reaction to whoever's under the sheet. If it's a student, wouldn't that come across badly to people? I have to imagine that whoever is dead is an adult and has known Annalise for a while, making her reaction believable. 

• Love 2

My only hope is that it isn't Nate who died in the fire. He is the only good thing in Annaliese's life in Philadelphia.

It was nice to see Lauren Velez as the college president

Edited by mrsbagnet
  • Love 6

I sure hope it's not Eve, because the very last thing we need on tv this year is yet another dead lesbian character. 

And at this point, the HTGAWM writers can't pretend they're not aware of the problem, as there's been tons of stories about that very issue. It wouldn't just be offensive and seriously tone-deaf at this point, it'd be the ultimate cliche, since pretty much about half the shows on television have used the "shocking death of a lesbian character" story in the last year.  Let's hope they go in a different direction.

• Love 3

I'm leaning towards Bonnie. With Frank in the wind, Asher/Michaela a thing, Laurel becoming Annalise's number two, and the students not really students anymore, doesn't seem like there's a spot left for the character to go.

Edited by loki567
  • Love 2
27 minutes ago, loki567 said:

I'm leaning towards Bonnie. With Frank in the wind, Asher/Michaela a thing, Laurel becoming Annalise's number two, and the students not really students anymore, doesn't seem like there's a spot left for the character to go.

Also think it's Bonnie, if that's authentic emotion and not Annalise faking it to cover something else.

Also, Bonnie should know better than to think she's getting even one more inch of insight into how Annalise's mind works. You burned all them bridges, girl.

• Love 2

And at this point, the HTGAWM writers can't pretend they're not aware of the problem, as there's been tons of stories about that very issue. It wouldn't just be offensive and seriously tone-deaf at this point, it'd be the ultimate cliche, since pretty much about half the shows on television have used the "shocking death of a lesbian character" story in the last year.  Let's hope they go in a different direction.

I have read several interviews on this when it became a major topic this spring. And I got the impression that the showrunners, who use this trope and are aware of it, tend to believe that while yes, the trope is horrible, but in their particular case it doesn't apply because the character was evil and everyone should be happy she died/the actress is unavailable anyway/the death was so well written/whatever other reason. So if they really wanted to kill Eve it wouldn't stop them. I do hope it's not her. She is the only person in the show, who has at least some common sense and survival instinct. It should have a payoff.

• Love 4
8 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

Frank shaving was kind of hot.

It kind of was!

In the middle of all the who's the corpse, who's the arsonist, and who is sleeping with whom, I was a bit distracted by how bizarrely gutsy it is to have an actor shave on camera. 

• Love 9

I wonder if Caleb's sister is putting up the KILLER posters.

Ooh, I like this idea! I have been wondering if they would bring back Catherine to get revenge on Annalise. I would buy that.

God damn it, I don't really want it to be anyone right now. But this is what happens when you get invested in a show that has death at the center.

Me neither! I'm gonna have stress every Thursday night for the next 9 weeks.  Thanks HTGAWM!

ETA: I was glad to see the college president bring up the K5's poor academic performance. We have all been wondering how they are all even still in law school given that their days and nights are consumed with murder or covering up murder. Nice to see the consequences acknowledged in the show.

Edited by Gillian Rosh
  • Love 4

The Couple From How to Get Away With Murder's Devastating Breakup Speaks Out

From the article:

Ricamora could understand Oliver's reasoning behind the breakup. "I think Oliver senses something is off here. Why does he come home and Connor finds out that Oliver's been lying to him this whole time and is just okay with it? Is it because he has so much guilt from keeping all these secrets? The truth isn't coming out directly but it is going to come out sideways and it's coming out in that last scene, because he feels that something is not right here," Ricamora said.

I'm still not sold on the breakup. It still feels forced to me. I guess CR is saying that Oliver is wondering why Connor is so forgiving of the Stanford betrayal, but I didn't get from the break-up scene that Oliver was in any way suspicious about what Connor is hiding from him - or that that's why he broke up with him. The whole thing is kind of a muddle. But I'll roll with it, as I do with most things on this show.

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Gillian Rosh said:

ETA: I was glad to see the college president bring up the K5's poor academic performance. We have all been wondering how they are all even still in law school given that their days and nights are consumed with murder or covering up murder. Nice to see the consequences acknowledged in the show.

I loved that part too, and it was so accurate. Laurel, even towards the bottom, is still way ahead of the rest of the 5. Then it's Michaela, Connor, Wes all pretty close. And then way way wayyyyy down, Asher. But he wasn't even at the very bottom! There were like two or three students below him! What are their excuses?!

It was interesting, with all the flashing back and forward, how the show framed Annalise's law clinic. In the beginning of the episode, it felt like something she did every year, but then we later learn that not only is it not a usual part of her university position, it's actually a huge demotion from the intro class. But it's a good way to keep her and the Keating 5 interacting, since they are no longer 1Ls and therefore no longer her interns. I guess she won't have any interns this year? Maybe that's why Bonnie was so MIA this episode, she's gotta pick up all that slack! (I really hope it's not her under the sheet, btw. She's my problematic fave and some of my favorite scenes are between her and Annalise).

• Love 5

Oliver was a favorite but is now getting on my nerves.  He ruins Connor's chance to get into Stanford even though Oliver knew Connor was desperate to move away.  Then when Connor forgives this betrayal, Oliver holds that against Connor.  So Oliver does everything he can to trap Connor where Connor doesn't want to be and then dumps him.  

• Love 10
55 minutes ago, Luckylyn said:

Oliver was a favorite but is now getting on my nerves.  He ruins Connor's chance to get into Stanford even though Oliver knew Connor was desperate to move away.  Then when Connor forgives this betrayal, Oliver holds that against Connor.  So Oliver does everything he can to trap Connor where Connor doesn't want to be and then dumps him.  

Basically and why the whole thing was so incredibly stupid, no matter what bullshit the writers and the actor come up to try and defend it.

• Love 3

If anything, I'd like for the breakup to be an opportunity to have Connor be of more importance in the weekly cases resolution. I can't remember an instance where it was one of his deduction or work as a lawyer that helped the case, but the fact that Oliver hacked for him or some info gotten throuugh sex (like iin S1 with Pax). The rest of his involvement mainly revolved around his relationship with Oliver and it would be nice for him to have individual character development outside of it.

• Love 3

Solid premiere. I've always liked the show but wasn't overly hyped about it coming back - it definitely pulled me in more than I expected it to.

I'm unusually intrigued by this particular mystery, and it's interesting that people's guesses are all over the place. Personally, my initial thought was Oliver. Connor and Annalise agreed that bringing Oliver in would ruin him - I'm guessing this is exactly what happened, and that Annalise caused Oliver's death by getting him involved in some shady stuff. If they develop a more personal bond while he works for her, I think her feelings of guilt could trigger this kind of reaction.

Plus, I think the story sort of writes itself: Connor and Oliver break up, they're forced to still be around eachother because they're both with Annalise, there's awkwardness and angst galore, they're finally able to get over the bullshit and start rebuilding their relationship, and then Oliver is killed just in time to destroy Connor's hopes of ever finding happiness.

Of course, with how predictable and cliché that is, I hope I'm wrong. I actually hope it's Wes, because I want this show to be brave enough to kill off the deuteragonist. Give this one some real weight.

• Love 5

Can anyone explain why Frank killed Mahoney? (Which I guess he probably didn't do but that seems to be what Annaliese believes). I didn't understand her reasoning. Did he think killing Mahoney would be a gift to Annaliese because Mahoney was behind killing her baby? And why did he drag Wes into it? Or is he flame-torching Anna's life because of...reasons? Maybe I forgot something from the previous season.

Also I thought Annaliese kicked Bonnie out at the end of last season, I was surprised to see her.

I really wish Mahoney hadn't been killed because I love Adam Arkin and I loved seeing him play such a rat bastard. It would have been great seeing him go toe-to-toe with Annaliese, plus it might have added dimension to Wes' character development. Because he hasn't had any. Dude is completely opaque, I don't even know if he knows how he's feeling about the last couple of years of trauma. They need to work on this because I love looking at Alfred Enoch but there's no there there to Wes.

I thought the flashbacks to Anna pulling the strings on the Keating 5 individually was interesting insight. She knows just how to get through to each of them so that they'll do what she wants.

The actor playing the neener-neener law student was...not strong. "Have him say, 'I'm sorry." -- that's your defense? GTFO.

• Love 1

- Laurel looks great.

- I froze the frame when they lifted the sheet on the dead body and it looked like Nate to me. I hope I'm wrong and it's actually Wes.

- Asher and Michaela is a big no, no for me so hopefully they don't last long. Wes and Laurel should stop right there too, don't really want them to get together.

- I wonder who the stalker is?

16 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

I accidentally quoted something last night, and I can't get rid of the quote box.

My first thought was Oliver was under the sheet, too. Someone else mentioned him above. I'd totally forgotten about Eve, but I've had the worst Summer, and forgot about everything. 

3 hours ago, kdm07 said:

- I froze the frame when they lifted the sheet on the dead body and it looked like Nate to me. I hope I'm wrong and it's actually Wes.

Looking at the gurney, I was thinking that it was someone very tall.  My first thought was Wes.  I hope it's not Nate.  He's needed as a live body, not a dead one.  I doubt they'd bring Eve back in to kill her.  Famke could still do guest appearances.   Maybe Enoch is going home. 

Maybe they broke up Oliver and Connor to produce some dramatic tension.  I was thinking that Asher would move in with Oliver.   I love RIcamora's voice. 

I also thought Frank's shaving scene was good.  I liked the case of the week.   Everyone is good, but it's still The Viola Davis Show. 

I thought the flashbacks to Anna pulling the strings on the Keating 5 individually was interesting insight. She knows just how to get through to each of them so that they'll do what she wants.

I think when this show ends, Annalise will be in a mental hospital with a God complex or something.

If anyone's taking bets my money's on either Wes or Eve on the gurney. I know Ana cares, in her own way, for Nate and Bonnie but I don't see her reacting like that to their deaths. It's someone she cares for very, very deeply. Or, it's another one of her coverup stunts and she's putting on a grief-stricken act...

• Love 1

Yikes another dead body! I actually like Wes a lot and would hate to see him bite the dust- same with Bonnie and Nate. It has to be one of them though- who else would freak Ana out that much? Unless like what others said, it was an act and Frank is under there because she killed him.

Shaved Frank is HOT.

I was unsure about Lauren and Wes but I am all onboard with them. Not liking new girlfriend at all, and it seems like Wes is freaked out by how he feels about Lauren and is covering it up.

Poor Connor.

So glad this show is back!

23 hours ago, truthaboutluv said:

I could have sworn I heard either Annalise or someone else say, "who is she"? So my first guess is Bonnie. 

So Oliver hacks Connor's email, impersonates him and basically ruins a great academic opportunity for him and then HE breaks up with Connor? The hell? And he's deciding he needs a break from Connor, just as he's taking a job with the woman Connor himself essentially works for? So how's that going to work and not be awkward? I don't know, that whole thing was really stupid and came across as lazy writing just to facilitate a breakup and I don't know, make Connor single again for awhile. Mind you, I was not an Oliver and Connor shipper and could care less about the relationship ending. I just hate that it was done so stupidly. 

The funny thing is there is no way Stanford would accept a kid who is at the bottom of the rankings of his current law school unless he had a famous name and/or a shit ton of money, and this is Connor we're talking about, not Asher.  

22 hours ago, pivot said:

Unless this is another twist and the body is yet another dead body Annalise and company are covering up.

I for one didn't think Frank killed Mahoney last season and I don't think he killed him now.  Perhaps it is the fact that I really like Frank and want him to come back to the fold (so I'm hoping he is not the body).  I actually think there is a wealth of storylines that Frank can be involved in. Based on what looked to be the trajectory of the gun shot wound, I think the shooter was shooting from above and a greater distance away than we were shown Frank to be.  I think that as someone speculate up thread, Frank saw who the killer was and it freaked him out.   

I thought about Annalise's reaction and while I agree, that it leans towards Nate, Wes, Bonnie, even possibly Frank being the victim, knowing that there is a stalker story. Brewing, her reaction could be based on the fact that the person who dies was in her house in an effort to help Annalise.

In terms of the characters on deck, I too hope that it is an actual character who is established rather than Wes's new girlfriend or Lauren Valez's character. Nate makes the most sense because he actually serve no real purpose in the show other than sexing Annalise and anyone can do that.  Bonnie is next on the list because last season showed she can be replaced by Laurel.   I really like Famke in the role and hope she can return as Eve if/when her show gets cancelled.  While I can't stand Asher, I really like the actor playing him, so I want him to stay.  I doubt they will kill off Wes unless that actor wants out, I think the show still wants to explore his relationship with Annalise.  Michaela and Laurel can stay as well, so that leaves Connor, who I have actively grown to hate. 

I know one thing, it better not be Annalise's mother who was killed.

Loved the premier.

Edited by Happytobehere
Forgot something
  • Love 1

It was a bad decision to have Annalise react so severely if the show wanted to keep the victim's identity a mystery.

Given how small Annalise keeps her inner circle, it should be fairly easy (as we've seen in this thread) to deduce which characters deaths (save any huge developments this season) would likely affect her so deeply.

I can't see her losing her shit over, say, Laurel or Connor despite how useful they've recently proved themselves to be.