Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: We're Good People Now

On 9/22/2016 at 10:00 PM, SimoneS said:

Frank looks so much younger shaved. He has got to stop killing people though.

He looks like a totally different person without the beard!  I didn't realize it was him at first.  But IMO he is smokin' without it!  Wow!  I had no idea.  Never thought much about the actor's appearance until he lost the facial hair.  Rawr!

On 9/22/2016 at 10:09 PM, truthaboutluv said:

So Oliver hacks Connor's email, impersonates him and basically ruins a great academic opportunity for him and then HE breaks up with Connor? The hell? And he's deciding he needs a break from Connor, just as he's taking a job with the woman Connor himself essentially works for? So how's that going to work and not be awkward? I don't know, that whole thing was really stupid and came across as lazy writing just to facilitate a breakup and I don't know, make Connor single again for awhile. Mind you, I was not an Oliver and Connor shipper and could care less about the relationship ending. I just hate that it was done so stupidly. 

Okay then I am not alone in my confusion.  That was a strange scene.

On 9/22/2016 at 10:15 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

The Connor/Oliver breakup was odd to me too. I guess I could buy Oliver thinking he doesn't like who he's becoming, but if that's the case, then why be all "I can be bad too" and go work for Annalise?

This.  They seemed to be hinting that Oliver wants to/has gone over to the "dark side," yet then he breaks up with Connor because Connor didn't have enough of a "normal" reaction to finding out that his boyfriend did a devious thing.

On 9/23/2016 at 10:42 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

The Couple From How to Get Away With Murder's Devastating Breakup Speaks Out

From the article:

I'm still not sold on the breakup. It still feels forced to me. I guess CR is saying that Oliver is wondering why Connor is so forgiving of the Stanford betrayal, but I didn't get from the break-up scene that Oliver was in any way suspicious about what Connor is hiding from him - or that that's why he broke up with him. The whole thing is kind of a muddle. But I'll roll with it, as I do with most things on this show.

The way Ricamora explains it makes more sense, but that's not was conveyed during the breakup scene.  As a viewer I can only go with what is shown on screen.  And it made no sense.

I automatically thought the one under the sheet must be Wes since he is the one out of the Five that Analise has felt most responsible for, but I have no idea if they would go there or not.  I would be sad to see Eve or Analise's mother die, but they aren't in every episode so IMO it would be a bit of a copout to make one of their deaths the focal point of the midseason finale.  I just don't know if they would kill off a Five or not.  As others have said, apparently the writers don't decide the details of the big mystery until the last minute, so that makes it less compelling.

I'm trying to stick it out because I do love Viola. But honestly, I'm getting really tired of the students blaming Annalise for everything, like them going down the rabbit hole started with her somehow, like she encouraged them to murder her husband. They've revised the history of what happened to the point of ridiculousness. Not one of them wants to actually go to prison for the rest of their lives, they barely want to sit in the local jail overnight. So acting all high and mighty about how Annalise has corrupted them and done them wrong is getting so very annoying, it's ridiculous how they take no ownership and act like they didn't beg her to save them and do everything to keep them out of jail and to hell with whoever else was wronged in the process. I understand this was more reflective in the flashbacks than in the current storyline, so I'm going to hope that this narrative dies down or this season may be it for me.

Bonnie is still crazy, but seemingly in control, though flat out saying she's in cool with Annalise killing or having Frank killed is damned cold.

Also, I need some new romantic pairings. Wes and Laurel on the horizon still isn't working for me. And Asher and Michaela are a bust.

Frank's never looked better to me, wasn't a fan of the scruffy look. It wasn't a bad look, but I looked at him with real interest this time around. But he's truly unhinged.

• Love 1
On 10/2/2016 at 4:27 PM, Blue Plastic said:
On 9/22/2016 at 11:09 PM, truthaboutluv said:

So Oliver hacks Connor's email, impersonates him and basically ruins a great academic opportunity for him and then HE breaks up with Connor? The hell? And he's deciding he needs a break from Connor, just as he's taking a job with the woman Connor himself essentially works for? So how's that going to work and not be awkward? I don't know, that whole thing was really stupid and came across as lazy writing just to facilitate a breakup and I don't know, make Connor single again for awhile. Mind you, I was not an Oliver and Connor shipper and could care less about the relationship ending. I just hate that it was done so stupidly. 

Okay then I am not alone in my confusion.  That was a strange scene.

On 9/22/2016 at 11:15 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

The Connor/Oliver breakup was odd to me too. I guess I could buy Oliver thinking he doesn't like who he's becoming, but if that's the case, then why be all "I can be bad too" and go work for Annalise?

This.  They seemed to be hinting that Oliver wants to/has gone over to the "dark side," yet then he breaks up with Connor because Connor didn't have enough of a "normal" reaction to finding out that his boyfriend did a devious thing.

On 9/23/2016 at 11:42 AM, Gillian Rosh said:

The Couple From How to Get Away With Murder's Devastating Breakup Speaks Out

From the article:

I'm still not sold on the breakup. It still feels forced to me. I guess CR is saying that Oliver is wondering why Connor is so forgiving of the Stanford betrayal, but I didn't get from the break-up scene that Oliver was in any way suspicious about what Connor is hiding from him - or that that's why he broke up with him. The whole thing is kind of a muddle. But I'll roll with it, as I do with most things on this show.

The way Ricamora explains it makes more sense, but that's not was conveyed during the breakup scene.  As a viewer I can only go with what is shown on screen.  And it made no sense.

I totally understood what they were going for. I saw it heading in this direction last season as Oliver seemed to be drawn into the excitement of hanging out with Annalise &  K5.  The breakup was heartbreaking but I get it. I posted my thoughts in the ep 3.2 thread. 

• Love 3