Type keyword(s) to search

S03.E01: We're Good People Now

7 hours ago, rubyred said:

"Have him say, 'I'm sorry." -- that's your defense? GTFO.

Tied in with the testimonials from various friends and family, I thought it would have meant more than just the testimonials alone.  This was a deportation court, not a jury trial, and all they had to do was convince the judge that he should be allowed to remain.  In any case, it couldn't have been any worse than that last minute "I lied to protect my daughter" excuse for a guilty plea.  They blew it.

When Annalise's spy tells her on the phone that he found Frank, and he's looking at him from the second floor, how did Frank so suddenly  creep up and get into his room?  I missed something there.

3 hours ago, nosleepforme said:

Well, Viola acted opposite a dummy, so there is nothing to find out by freeze-framing right now. You know these writers, they make up everything as they go along.

Thanks for the reminder.

My best guess is that Frank killed Nate, and set her house on fire. That was some blaze!

The jumping back and forth always kills me so I've started keeping notes. Date: what happened. Otherwise I am lost. Wes' beard kept changing and I think they screwed up the continuity on that one.

Frank killing the henchman was unexpected, to me, but then again it's Frank we're talking about.

• Love 1

I hate that Connor has been completely stripped of his personality, appears to have given up at life, and doesnt even get to be moody that Oliver stole his future.  

But Falahee is putting on a class in subtle acting; he's clearly been studying Davis.  

I wouldnt be surprised if Connor is the death if only because it feels like his story is done and Falahee seems to be getting other work.  

• Love 4

Would Annalise be reacting like that to Connor?  She seems to have a different kind of relationship with him than with the other Five, but it's not the kind of maternal feelings that she has toward Wes nor the respect she has for Laurel.  She seems fond of him and kind of treats him like a baby bird, but it's not quite the same thing.

• Love 2

I get the breakup between Conner and Oliver because it sort of happened with me.  I was seeing someone who started to change who he was.  He told me that we should break up because he didn't like who he was becoming.  We did break up and I really am glad we did because he became a pretty nasty SOB.  

I think the dead body will be either Frank or Oliver.  

I say Frank because I wonder if the actor who plays him got another job since he made a radical change in his appearance.  I wouldn't even recognize him now.  And I think Annalise would be very upset if Oliver was killed, but this is HTGAWM, so you never know.  Perhaps the dead person IS her stalker.

• Love 1

Good opening episode. I wonder who that body will end up being. Anyone but Oliver please.

Connor/Oliver's break up felt odd but it might be wise to seperate them for a little wise but please don't kill off the latter.

Liked the flashbacks with Annalise and the Keating 5 in this one. Nice way of recapping stuff between seasons.

Wes's new girlfriend seems nice, so that can't end particularly well. Liked Laurel in this episode trying to cut Frank out of her system.

Asher/Michaela still feel too random a pairing for me. The case of the week was decent.

Is that Drake guy now a recurring character or was he just there to be annoying in this episode only? 8/10

• Love 1

I liked that Drake guy better than Asher, who AFAIC can get rolled away under a sheet any time.   I do think it's Wes under the sheet.  I don't think it's Nate, because the sheet would have been bulging more.  If it is, I'm calling shenanigans.   Connor is a possibility, but I agree that Annalise's reaction would not have been that strong, although IMO they seemed to be showing Annalise and Connor in this episode to be closer than I remember.  He hated her a lot of the time.   The breakup would make sense if they're losing Falahee and keeping Ricamora.  They did their job of making us speculate about it.   I don't really like this show that much, but I keep watching because Viola Davis is so awesome. 

After a less then great second season, this show has got me hooked again.  And they've managed to change the game just enough to make everything interesting with the law clinic instead of the class of the week. 

Oliver really comes off horrible at the break up scene.   To ruin Connor's life then break up with him because he was understanding about it.   I know some don't like Connor but he's to me probably the most moral of all the characters in this show so I really hope he's not dead in a few months.   I also hope Oliver is okay too, because I've honestly have seen enough dead homosexuals on my TV this past year. 

If Annalise isn't acting, I don't think we can really figure out which person is dead, because while she isn't really close to any of them she chose the k5 for a specific reason and I'm of the mind that she sees pieces of herself in all of them.   In particular, though Connor often hates her, the two have a genuine understanding of one another and she's mentioned before how bright and similar he is to her.  She's also made it clear that she's taken it upon herself to protect them in her own twisted way and I think she'd be devastated to know that she failed at that. 

Edited by Delphi
  • Love 2

I swear, if its not one thing its another with these guys. They just cannot go one lousy semester without some utter disaster that ends with a body bag or two. No wonder they are all doing terribly in school. 

I enjoyed most of this episode, and am excited to see how the rest of the season goes. They have a solid mystery, and it seems like they are just focusing on one plot, and not a whole bunch of them for the main plot. I can get into that. 

Oh girlfriend of Wes. You seem nice. RUN WHILE YOU CAN!!!

The Connor and Oliver break up makes zero sense, from both a character and a story perspective. Why break them up? Because they want more drama? Show, you have ENOUGH drama, trust me. And, worst, I have no idea why Oliver wants to dump Connor, after he screws him over royally so that he would stay with him. I mean, the only thing I can think is that he hates himself for doing something awful to Connor, and he wants to break up with him before he hurts him again...but then does he want to be a worse person, because we know he is going to work for Annalise? Would he not have dumped Connor if Connor got pissed off (personally I think Connor would like Oliver get away with anything because he still feels guilty about Oliver getting HIV)? I just need more information if you expect me to buy this. 

1 hour ago, Delphi said:

In particular, though Connor often hates her, the two have a genuine understanding of one another and she's mentioned before how bright and similar he is to her.

I do not think Connor is the dead body, but I do think that Annalise has a different relationship with Connor than with the rest of the non Wes kids. She is rather protective of all of them, but Connor is the one she treats with the most kid gloves. I think she does see herself in him, and I think he sees himself in her, and thats why he has issues with her, and why she seems a little less harsh with him, especially in this episode. She thinks of him a bit as a younger version of her (except, you know, as a white gay guy), and she knows that being a younger version of her sucks. 

As to the identity of the body, my money is for Eve. She is a character Annalise cares about deeply, who the audience knows and likes, but is not a main character, and her death will not change the dynamics of the cast very much. 

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Delphi said:

After a less then great second season, this show has got me hooked again.  And they've managed to change the game just enough to make everything interesting with the law clinic instead of the class of the week. 

Oliver really comes off horrible at the break up scene.   To ruin Connor's life then break up with him because he was understanding about it.   I know some don't like Connor but he's to me probably the most moral of all the characters in this show so I really hope he's not dead in a few months.   I also hope Oliver is okay too, because I've honestly have seen enough dead homosexuals on my TV this past year. 

If Annalise isn't acting, I don't think we can really figure out which person is dead, because while she isn't really close to any of them she chose the k5 for a specific reason and I'm of the mind that she sees pieces of herself in all of them.   In particular, though Connor often hates her, the two have a genuine understanding of one another and she's mentioned before how bright and similar he is to her.  She's also made it clear that she's taken it upon herself to protect them in her own twisted way and I think she'd be devastated to know that she failed at that. 

I dont think we can draw any conclusions from Annalise'd behavior given that she could be acting and we dont know what is going to happen between her and this person during the season.  

I really like that theyre going to reveal who isnt dead one per week.  

And just because Falahee is getting other work doesnt mean he'll leave.  Davis acts and produces in several projects during the lenght hiatus.  

If anything I could see Murder killing off Connor because ABC locked him down into a development deal and wants him on a new show.  Regardless, I think he'll have the most succesful career of 6th e Keating 5.

8 minutes ago, Tiger said:

If anything I could see Murder killing off Connor because ABC locked him down into a development deal and wants him on a new show.

Based on the actor being more involved with other work, I would agree that Connor is most likely to be under the sheet, but I still don't see Annalise having that big a reaction to his death. 

I'd be so super pissed at Oliver if I was Connor!  I would be livid about deleting his acceptance to Stanford, but then to turn around and then break up with him?! Oh hell no!!

I think the dead body is either Bonnie, Eve or Annalise's mom.  Maybe Nate, but Nate is a big (and fine) dude, and the body seemed smaller.  I think Annalise deliberately set the fire to her own house to cover something else up and thought the house was empty.  Who ever is under that sheet, was at the wrong place and the wrong time.

• Love 2

I wonder if this show is going to start killing off somewhat impotant characters in Anna's life each season?

Good lord I hope it isn't Nate. But how long is he going to just hang around to solely sex up Anna? Of course, that is, when he's not putting his badge in jeopardy. 

Hell, I don't even know if that snot nosed crying she was doing wasn't an act. You never know with this show. Would she set her damn house on fire to cover up a murder?

On this show? I'm going with yes. 

Who the hell is the guy in the hotel who was on the phone with Anna?   How many hitmen  does she have on her payroll? LOL, I love this show.

Those murderer fliers with her face on them, hilarious. 

Now, can someone remind me again how Frank was responsible for the death of Anna's baby? The bodies are too piled up that I forgot. I think that suitcase of money he hauls around had something to do with it? 

I know she was in that car accident but what did FrAnk have to  do with it?

Oh, didn't he plant a bug in her room,so that what's his name could spy on her?

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, Keepitmoving said:

Now, can someone remind me again how Frank was responsible for the death of Anna's baby? The bodies are too piled up that I forgot. I think that suitcase of money he hauls around had something to do with it? 

I know she was in that car accident but what did FrAnk have to  do with it?

Oh, didn't he plant a bug in her room,so that what's his name could spy on her?

Frank got the money as a payoff to bug Annalise's room.  He went through with it because in typical Annalise fashion, she denigrated and humiliated him one time too many. When they found out Annalise was going to the authorities about the Mahoney dirty laundry via her conversation with Eve, they tried to kill Annalise by having a truck slam into the driver's side of her car, Annalise survived, the baby died.  Frank wanted to come clean, but Sam stopped him.  Presumably, this is what Sam used against Frank to get him to kill Lila when he told Frank, "You owe me."

• Love 2

Thanks, I totally forgot that Sam knew. 

Thats kind of messed up, because I know Frank didn't think that bugging her room would lead to the death of her baby. 

What I find interesting is that Sam would have such a bond with Frank, that he would keep him around after it all. In the flashbacks Sam seemed more at ease and happy about the baby than Anna. I mean this was way before Lila, why wouldn't he tell Frank to hit the road? 

Where did he find Frank? Because I still think Frank's "family" is fake. 

Bye the way, Frank looks like a completely different and much younger person without all that hair. He looks really good.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, juliet73 said:

I'd be so super pissed at Oliver if I was Connor!  I would be livid about deleting his acceptance to Stanford, but then to turn around and then break up with him?! Oh hell no!!

It was heinous and a relationship killer for sure, but they really need to give some explanation, no matter how preposterous, as to how Connor was able to get in with his god awful gpa.  

I dont care if the explanation is he once fucked the dean of admissions son in college, but they cant jusy gloss over that.

Also, last season Connor & Michaela told each other their gpa's, and I believe were 3.9 something, and it didnt translate as bullshitting.  

Edited by Tiger
16 minutes ago, Tiger said:

It was heinous and a relationship killer for sure, but they really need to give some explanation, no matter how preposterous, as to how Connor was able to get in with his god awful gpa.  

I dont care if the explanation is he once fucked the dean of admissions son in college, but they cant jusy gloss over that.

Also, last season Connor & Michaela told each other their gpa's, and I believe were 3.9 something, and it didnt translate as bullshitting.  

Weren't they studying for Finals when that whole thing went down last season with the DA coming after Annalise and then it being exposed that Caleb killed the parents and before that them thinking the crazy illegitimate kid was out to get them, etc.? My point is maybe their GPA's were that low because they all bombed their finals. So when Connor applied, his GPA was still pretty good but after their Finals, they all dropped really low. Because say the Finals for most of their classes was like 50 percent of their final grade. Okay this possibly bullshit fanwanking but it's all I've got. 

• Love 1

Frank has such a handsome face when it isn't covered with all that hair!  My god, he's totally hot!  Too  bad he's gone all Travis Bickle to go with the hair cut.

Unpopular Opinion: I have never really liked Oliver.  Him deleting the Stanford stuff and wanting to so bad to be one of "them" and then breaking up with Connor because Connor is too, what, good to him?  Just no.

So Michaela and Asher as still banging?  Ok.  Not awful but not wonderful.

I am sorry but that scene with the University President was all kinds of wrong.  I would have found it more realistic is they were "transitioning" her on the basis of her personal life.  Analise's life outside the school  is basically a dumpster fire.  I could totally understand the school wanting to distance itself from her for that.  But citing the performance of five students in one class for one semester as a basis for concern makes no sense.  At the post-secondary and post-graduate level of education,  the professors don't get blamed for the bad grades of a handful of students.  The students would get warning letters, put on probation or outright suspended or dismissed.  The professor swans on and continues about their business unscathed.  And if Analise is tenured and her reputation up til last year was so great in student performance, the K5's bad grades wouldn't even register as a blip on the radar of the university let alone the president. 

• Love 5
12 hours ago, darkestboy said:

Wes's new girlfriend seems nice, so that can't end particularly well.

Lmao I thought this too. She showed up and my thoughts went from "Wow she seems really sweet" to "Oh dear lord this is going to end awfully" in about half a second. I don't know the exact brand of awful that's going to befall her and Wes (I don't think she's the body under the sheet, but he might be!) but it's gonna be a shitshow.

4 hours ago, Tiger said:

It was towards the end of last season where Michaela and Connor were discussing their class rankings (I presume for their whole year, not just in Annalise's class). Michaela was 93rd and Connor was 96th, and Michaela was just happy that she was still ahead of him (wonder how she'd react if she found out Laurel was ahead of her haha).

I agree that Connor getting into Stanford is sketch, but maybe at the time he submitted his application his grades were still okay? I forget the timeline of that. They probably would have rescinded his acceptance once his final grades came back. I have to assume he (and the rest of  the 5) are doing poorly in all of their classes, not just Annalise's.

Re: Connor's acceptance, somebody posted an article in the media section where it is addressed, and as of episode 9 it's not addressed, and hand-waved away with "good recommendations or something" and "personal favours".

Finally have a chance to figure out my thoughts on the episode. One thing that hasn't been mentioned yet I don't think, is that the text Annalise got at the beginning of the episode ended "XOXO". I had my money on the texts being from Eve, until the end with the guy looking for Frank. I suppose my next question is, are we supposed to make anything of the XOXO in the text? It seems really random if it's not supposed to mean anything.

Overall, I thought this was a pretty low-key episode. Definitely not the most intense episode they've had, but I don't necessarily think that's a bad thing.

16 hours ago, juliet73 said:

I'd be so super pissed at Oliver if I was Connor!  I would be livid about deleting his acceptance to Stanford, but then to turn around and then break up with him?! Oh hell no!!

I think the dead body is either Bonnie, Eve or Annalise's mom.  Maybe Nate, but Nate is a big (and fine) dude, and the body seemed smaller.  I think Annalise deliberately set the fire to her own house to cover something else up and thought the house was empty.  Who ever is under that sheet, was at the wrong place and the wrong time.

Ohhh, I like this theory!

• Love 1
On 9/22/2016 at 11:03 PM, Gillian Rosh said:

Asher: "You're just discriminating against me becuase I'm poor now."
Michaela: "Welcome to America."

I like when the show doubles down on the message of structural inequality, not just that Annalise and her minions are corrupt. They did it with the deportation case as well. It seemed to  be very much the point in season 1, but I S2, I felt the individual malfeasance overwhelmed any kind of larger picture.

My theory is that it's Annalise's mother on the gurney. I'm not at all confident of it, but I think it is a real possibility. Her reaction would make the most sense if it is.

RE punishing Annalise because the K5 have lousy grades: I thought that it was a manipulative move because they school is looking for a way to distance themselves from her bad press. If her personal life had not become a scandal, maybe they would not have bothered, but everyone is watching now. Whatever her contract is, neither she nor the school would want the publicity that her proteges are doing poorly. It looks bad. So the school can move her wherever they want, and she will not fight it, because if she fights it, that info gets out and makes her look bad. What is the argument she could make? "All my proteges are crap, it's not a reflection on my mentorship, and I should keep my teaching position anyway, because my contract says so." She doesn't need that kind of publicity. It's not in anyone's best interest. So her offer to do the clinic-- she does still win cases-- is a compromise that saves face for everyone. Now the story is: "Professor Keating, despite the tragedies in her personal life, continues to use her brilliant courtroom skills to help others" instead of "Annalise Keating, wracked by scandal, is removed from teaching position, fights university to be reinstated despite evidence her mentees fall far behind." Any move away from teaching to research would attract attention, because Annalise is a rockstar. So they are all happier if they can make a story that will satisfy the buzz, not stir up more speculation, like moving her to research would have done ("Annalise abandons teaching after accusations....")

• Love 3

I took that break up to mean he's decided not to work for Annalise and that he's being written out of the show.

Since this was the first episode in which Conrad Ricamora was bumped up to series regular (presumably for the entire season), that seems unlikely.

• Love 2
20 hours ago, Keepitmoving said:

What I find interesting is that Sam would have such a bond with Frank, that he would keep him around after it all. In the flashbacks Sam seemed more at ease and happy about the baby than Anna. I mean this was way before Lila, why wouldn't he tell Frank to hit the road? 

I think Annalese told Bonnie in this episode that Sam was the one who told her to hire Frank.

There is no way a law school would post student rankings with their names.  Even if they did a ranking visible to all (and many have gone away from this kind of list, so this script is probably written by someone who got a law degree a couple of decades ago), they would just use partial student numbers -- not even full student numbers (which would be a security issue), so each student can see where he/she is in the ranking (again, if there even are places that do this kind of ranking anymore).  But to show all the names?  Uh-uh.  

19 hours ago, DearEvette said:

At the post-secondary and post-graduate level of education,  the professors don't get blamed for the bad grades of a handful of students.  The students would get warning letters, put on probation or outright suspended or dismissed.  The professor swans on and continues about their business unscathed.  And if Analise is tenured and her reputation up til last year was so great in student performance, the K5's bad grades wouldn't even register as a blip on the radar of the university let alone the president. 

And word to this. 

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, jjj said:

There is no way a law school would post student rankings with their names.  Even if they did a ranking visible to all (and many have gone away from this kind of list, so this script is probably written by someone who got a law degree a couple of decades ago), they would just use partial student numbers -- not even full student numbers (which would be a security issue), so each student can see where he/she is in the ranking (again, if there even are places that do this kind of ranking anymore).  But to show all the names?  Uh-uh. 

I never thought the list was public - they may have their own internal list with students' names, which makes sense since we have already determined that this school does let students know where in the class ranking they fall.

The implausibility of the president caring and using this as a reason to push Annalise out of teaching is another issue entirely, and I agree that it was likely done as an excuse instead of pointing to Annalise's personal dramas. If they demote her based on her personal life, that opens them up to discrimination. If they demote her based on poor student performance, they can try to circumvent that.

• Love 2
33 minutes ago, doram said:

I thought it was obvious that her personal life was the issue, and the students' performance was just a convenient excuse.

Yeah, that could be.  But Analise is a lawyer and this is a law school.  If nothing else she would have seen through such an obvious ploy.  That is why I wondered if she were tenured.  Because normally the only way they are getting rid of or demoting a tenured prof is through just cause.  Rarely is that cause academic in nature so it would have to be something like misconduct, peculation, or wilful incompetence and all the stuff that went down over the last two season fall right within that. And Analise and that Prez would be well aware of this. So Them saying it was about these five students' grades is something Analise would have seen right through and should've given the president an "are you shitting me with this?' look.  That is why that whole conversation felt wrong. It would have made more sense for them to warn her on the basis of all the other stuff because that falls more in line with the just cause.

Even an internal ranking list would not have students' names on it.  Nor full ID numbers.  Both would be a violation of student privacy, which is protected by federal law, and law schools especially know this!  If a student's name showed up on a list that could be viewed by anyone other than the student and administrators, that student would have the right to file a complaint.  Again, law schools know this, but it applies to all students' privacy rights.  I know this is a television show, but this is as important a legal point as Miranda rights! 

59 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I never thought the list was public - they may have their own internal list with students' names, which makes sense since we have already determined that this school does let students know where in the class ranking they fall.

The implausibility of the president caring and using this as a reason to push Annalise out of teaching is another issue entirely, and I agree that it was likely done as an excuse instead of pointing to Annalise's personal dramas. If they demote her based on her personal life, that opens them up to discrimination. If they demote her based on poor student performance, they can try to circumvent that.

3 hours ago, jjj said:

And word to this. 

It was probably written by someone who never even went to law school.

3 hours ago, secnarf said:

I didn't think the list was public either, but that other student did make a comment about how the Keating 5 shouldn't be in that particular class, based on their ranking/grades. Which of course makes no sense once we hear that the legal clinic was a new thing that hasn't existed before. Why would it have a reputation of being hard to get into?

• Love 3

Interesting premiere. I wish the show didn't do flashbacks because they could -- they served a great purpose in season 1, but they started to feel superfluous last year. Does it really add to the dramatic tension to find out why Annalise is now heading a pro bono clinic after we see her teaching that class? It seemed like "This is the way we've always done it, so this is how we're going to do it now." I think if you take the episode, splice it together in the right order and played it through, it would've made just as much sense, and been just as effective -- especially with that killer (no pun intended) last scene.

The only people I'm ruling out being the dead body are Eve and Annalise's mother and anyone else we didn't see this episode. Neither of them were even referenced (that I can remember) -- it makes no sense to introduce a twist like this about someone we didn't even see. In my mind, it's going to be a regular and someone we saw in this episode -- someone heavily involved in the canvas of the show, not on the periphery.

Also noticed that"Created by Peter Nowalk" has been added to the opening title sequence. Heh. Guess somebody (or Shonda herself) got tired of saying "It's not a Shonda show..."

• Love 2

I don't think it's fair to say after just one episode that there was no point to the flashbacks. It may be important that Annalise is in trouble with the administration. Some of the other flashbacks felt superfluous - AK and Wes yelling, Michaela's DUI, for example. But at the very least it goes to character development, and some of the flashbacks may be important at a later date. Given this show's lack of planning ahead and make-it-up-as-we-go attitude, I don't know how much we actually can read into anything that happens, but you never know.

I also don't think it's fair to assume the dead character wasn't in this episode. It's likely they were, just based on numbers, but when this episode was shot, they hadn't decided who the dead person was - that was decided shortly before episode 9, when we (the audience) will find out who it is. This frustrates me to no end - imo it cheapens the storyline and makes all the 'clues' meaningless - but I think we're left with a scenario where it can be pretty much anyone.

I really hope it's not Eve.

On 9/23/2016 at 8:46 PM, twoods said:

Yikes another dead body! I actually like Wes a lot and would hate to see him bite the dust- same with Bonnie and Nate. It has to be one of them though- who else would freak Ana out that much?

Her mother?  Eve?

38 minutes ago, secnarf said:

I don't think it's fair to say after just one episode that there was no point to the flashbacks. It may be important that Annalise is in trouble with the administration.

I agree. My quibble was with the timing of the scene, not the content. My question is would it have been so bad to have the scene with the new president first, followed by the scene of Annalise teaching her class (the actual order of events)? I don't know what dramatic tension it added to show those scenes in a non-linear fashion. I'm wondering why it was necessary to have flashbacks, rather than...an actual episode: letting the story play out in linear order, with the Wes/Annalise and summer stuff at the beginning and the class/case at the end, with only the final few minutes as a flash-forward.

I feel like the show is overthinking their stylized form of storytelling. I think they could tell a stronger story if they just told a story, not told snippets of an out-of-order story that had no real reason to be out of order in the first place (except for the final few minutes).

And I maintain that we saw the dead person in this episode. To me, that's Chekov's Gun 101. It's not "the gun that you know exists, but don't see, will later be fired." One actually has to see the gun, IMO.

• Love 2
24 minutes ago, Eolivet said:

I think they could tell a stronger story if they just told a story, not told snippets of an out-of-order story that had no real reason to be out of order in the first place

I completely agree.  More and more shows are doing this kind of thing.  I'm getting older.  I don't need a television show to be a puzzle. 

• Love 3
  • Finally we got to see a little bit more of the students' campus life.
  • That being said, the Connor/Michaela scene in the dorm was just weird. I'm still not sold on those two together. 
  • I thought Laurel looked really beautiful. It's just something about her style this season that I really like. The new hair is a big part of that.
  • I also like Frank's new look - even thought I hate what his character is becoming.
  • I ship Wes/Laurel, so I was bit surprised that he got a new girlfriend - I'm sure that won't last long. He'll keep pushing away his feelings for Laurel, but will succumb in the end. Textbook slowburn. It's interesting...the trauma of everything that's happened has pushed Michaela and Asher together while pulling Laurel and Wes apart.
  • Oh lord, the new Flash Forward got me like what the hell did those kids do now? A dead body, Analise's house in flames. Honestly, this show still has NO chill.
Edited by teenj12
  • Love 2

I think it was out of character for Connor to have simply accepted that Oliver sabotaged his Stanford acceptance.  Connor was desperate to transfer schools and to get away from the craziness and the murders.  I knew he wouldn't be going anywhere, because this is a TV show and he's going to stay on the show with the rest of them.  But Connor just seemed to be like, um, OK.  And then Oliver was all, why aren't you mad, let's break up.  Odd.  What purpose will Oliver have on the show without being with Connor?  I really don't need more awkward on this show.

I truly despise Wes so I hope it is him who is dead.  I tend to hate the "special snowflake" characters on TV shows (Wes, Meredith Grey, Daisy "Quake" Johnson) and it doesn't help that I can't stand the actor.

When the president scanned over the class list and their standing... there were a whole bunch of numbers in the right column, all starting with 1 point something.  Surely those weren't grade point averages.  That'd be like a D+ GPA, and for so many?

I would like Wes a lot better if Enoch spoke with his real accent.   It would give the character a more interesting backstory.  It's not like we don't have Brits among us. 

It's either Connor or Wes under that sheet, IMO, so it's probably not either of them.  They have to surprise us, and create a new puzzle of flashbacks for the ending.   As  Karnak The Great,  holding the envelope up to my temple, I predict that's it's actually Annalise under the sheet, and that was her ghost we were seeing.

Edited by atomationage
new theory of insanity
50 minutes ago, atomationage said:

I would like Wes a lot better if Enoch spoke with his real accent.   It would give the character a more interesting backstory.  It's not like we don't have Brits among us. 

It's either Connor or Wes under that sheet, IMO, so it's probably not either of them.  They have to surprise us, and create a new puzzle of flashbacks for the ending.   As  Karnak The Great,  holding the envelope up to my temple, I predict that's it's actually Annalise under the sheet, and that was her ghost we were seeing.

That would be an awesome twist for the final season, but I believe Viola's contract is longer than three seasons and frankly Im just not ready for the batshit crazy to be done.

One more thing in support of it being Connor: Annalise sought him out during the summer, whereas the others either came to her or called for her help.  

As much as I do it will be Connor under the sheet, I dont want to lose Jack Falahee and his somehow even more amazing than ever hair.

• Love 2

I'd like the stalker to be Sam first wife the marriage Annialise broke up

Couldn't help watching the first episode but I'm going let it all build up now not watch it till mid season brake. 

I just happen to down load season 1 the day the final came out so got watch it all in one hit

Season 2 watch week by week and think i like being able to binge out better

On 9/23/2016 at 5:39 AM, NUguy514 said:

Pleeeeeaaaaaaaase, dear god, let Wes be the dead body!  He's the absolute worst.  

I respectfully disagree. Wes is no saint by a long shot, but IMO Frank is much worse. Frank is directly responsible for the deaths of two unborn babies, one of whom was Annalise's, which makes him much worse than Wes could ever be, as far as I'm concerned, new buzzcut or not. 

Not buying Asher/Michaela nor Wes/Meggy together. 

Very disappointed in/furious with Oliver. His playing God with Connor's life was bad enough, but being mad at Connor for forgiving him, although I wouldn't have blamed him if he hadn't, pissed me off. If Oliver's not smart enough to appreciate Connor, then good riddance. 

Viola Davis is fierce as ever. She can even make primal screaming sound Shakespearan. 

• Love 3
7 minutes ago, DollEyes said:

I respectfully disagree. Wes is no saint by a long shot, but IMO Frank is much worse. Frank is directly responsible for the deaths of two unborn babies, one of whom was Annalise's, which makes him much worse than Wes could ever be, as far as I'm concerned, new buzzcut or not. 

Viola Davis is fierce as ever. She can even make primal screaming sound Shakespearan. 

I didn't write the comment that you responded to ("Wes is the absolute worst") but I agree with it.  Not "worst" as in the most evil and malicious, but "worst" as in "most awful character on the show".  Not the deeds he has done, but just overall personality etc.  I think most of why I hate him is because the show singles him out for specialness.  He has a special bond with Annalise because of her connection with his mom and her sense of responsibility in what happened to his mom.  The fact that he couldn't stop protecting/covering for Rebecca.  The way he said "Rebecca".  I don't like the actor, and I don't like the character.

Case in point... when Viola Davis let it all out and screamed, I was mesmerised.  When Wes started screaming, I started laughing.   I want so badly for the character to be killed, I really hope he is the dead body.  This is the show's third season, it's about time for one of the "Keating 5" to die.