Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Shock And Roll

• Start Topic

I realize Meghan and V aren't friends, but more casual enemies or at the very least co-workers.   Heather was 3 hours away, and Brianna was at least 2, so I got the impression it was more of a can you check things out for us - and not necessarily hold Vicki's hand.    Going to a strange hospital away from home, after an accident, can be horribly scary - a familiar face is nice.    When my SIL was in an accident, she was airlifted to a hospital, her daughter was separately airlifted and her son was taken by ambulance 3 hours away.   I was 4 hours away, my brother was 7 hours - and I would have loved somebody to have been there until we could get there.   Sadly we didn't make it in time before SIL and daughter passed away.  

I'm sorry for your family's loss.

Being there until the family and/or friends can get there implies family and/or friends are going to show up.  No one went.  It wasn't just Meghan.  No one felt it was prudent to show up.  No one cared enough about Vicki to go to the hospital.  Not her friends, and not her kids.  If Meghan went just until someone else showed up she would have been stuck taking Vicki home.  If it was a big enough deal that Meghan should have gone there then maybe Vicki's kids should have deemed it important enough to show up too.

So according to Vicki's blog the crash was a near death experience.  I don't think that means what she thinks it means.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 19
14 minutes ago, notnowimbusy said:

I realize Meghan and V aren't friends, but more casual enemies or at the very least co-workers.   Heather was 3 hours away, and Brianna was at least 2, so I got the impression it was more of a can you check things out for us - and not necessarily hold Vicki's hand.    Going to a strange hospital away from home, after an accident, can be horribly scary - a familiar face is nice.    When my SIL was in an accident, she was airlifted to a hospital, her daughter was separately airlifted and her son was taken by ambulance 3 hours away.   I was 4 hours away, my brother was 7 hours - and I would have loved somebody to have been there until we could get there.   Sadly we didn't make it in time before SIL and daughter passed away.  

I am so sorry for your loss.

Meghan would not have been allowed in to see Vicki in the ER. She is not family and could not offer any assistance, Vicki was awake and alert while she was there, enough so that she was able to text Meghan about what was going on with her and she did not ask Meghan to come sit with her either.

• Like 1
  • Love 9
22 hours ago, zoeysmom said:

They invented a thing called phones.  Use them. If the daughter could not drive two hours why should Meghan.  After the big fuss Vicki and Brooks made about Meghan and his medical records why would Meghan jump in that mess again.  C'mon.  This is a piss poor Evolution Media stunt like Munchausen was to BH last year.

Megan was 30 minutes away. That is not the same as 2 hours and 2 small children away. Vicki's big fuss was to keep saying Brooks was sick and to tell the women to ask him about the details. None of the women did that, especially Megan, who made it her story line to go after Brooks even though she met him like two times. No one was asking Megan to jump into a mess, Heather was asking her to be a decent person and make sure Vicki was ok. 

lm not saying Megan was obligated to go visit Vicki.

If Megan didn't want to be involved in some Vicki mess, she would have stayed out of the Brooks/Vicki mess last year. But she dove in head first. Now the people she has gone on record as calling friends want her to check on another friend because she is literally the closest person to the hospital, and she doesn't care? Why bother preaching to Kelly about empathy and perspective? It would make more sense for her to be the same delusion smug and codescending know it all that she was last year, than for her to pretend to be caring and empathetic 

• Love 3

I am the king of not doing anything for the mere sake of doing it (i.e. it's the "appropriate" to do), but I have to say that I don't think of the cast members of this show as mere "coworkers." Yes, I know they're technically coworkers in the sense that they get paid to do the show. But this is not a group of women who work at the same office, clocking in from 9 to 5. Whether they like or dislike one another, they are sharing a huge life experience together. They're more like members of a band than traditional coworkers. They travel together, they share life moments together, they go through emotional experiences together, they share the unique experience of being on this show together. While I'm not going to brand Meghan the worst person in the world for not going to see Vicki (or not even remotely entertaining the idea of it) it definitely felt somewhat lacking in humanity. There are times where you can put differences aside for the sake of basic compassion. It seems it was the right decision since Vicki was in ER the whole time, but still, there was something insanely cold about Meghan's reaction to me.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

Megan was 30 minutes away. That is not the same as 2 hours and 2 small children away. Vicki's big fuss was to keep saying Brooks was sick and to tell the women to ask him about the details. None of the women did that, especially Megan, who made it her story line to go after Brooks even though she met him like two times. No one was asking Megan to jump into a mess, Heather was asking her to be a decent person and make sure Vicki was ok. 

lm not saying Megan was obligated to go visit Vicki.

If Megan didn't want to be involved in some Vicki mess, she would have stayed out of the Brooks/Vicki mess last year. But she dove in head first. Now the people she has gone on record as calling friends want her to check on another friend because she is literally the closest person to the hospital, and she doesn't care? Why bother preaching to Kelly about empathy and perspective? It would make more sense for her to be the same delusion smug and codescending know it all that she was last year, than for her to pretend to be caring and empathetic 

First, the hospital was at least 40 minutes for the hospital in good/no traffic. Second, the hospital would not have allowed Meghan back in to see Vicki between all the tests she had done and during the Dr.'s evaluations because Meghan is not family. Third, Meghan had someone close to her battling cancer at the same time and the lie Brooks/Vicki were selling all of them rang as just that, a lie. Fourth, Meghan and Vicki are not friends, never have been and, IMO, never will be. Fifth, Meghan and Vicki texted each other during this and Vicki never asked Meghan to come hold her hand or even tell her she needed someone to sit out in the waiting room for her. Last but not least, I understand it would have been rough for Briana to schlep 2 small kids to the hospital 2 hours away but where was Michael? He could have made that drive to sit with his mother/boss/employer, hold her hand, give her emotional support and then drive her home......but nope, everyone expected Meghan to do it. LOL

• Like 1
  • Love 18

Vicki talked about herself the entire time she drove a very nervous Briana to the hospital to have thyroid surgery.

Vicki left for work when Briana was in severe pain and needed help with her two toddlers.

Vicki was complicit with someone lying about having cancer.  And while carrying on the ruse, she often screamed at her friends and called them names.

Yet, she and Brooks often took the opportunity to show their piety by praying before meals on camera.  Vicki often does the sign of the cross across her chest for attention.

I'm glad that at least two people, Meghan and Shannon, see through this awful person.

Also, Heather and Tamra have a longer history and actual friendships with Vicki.  They have no right to expect two people who Vicki has mostly treated like garbage to be there for her in her supposed time of need.

• Applause 1
  • Love 20

It seems it was the right decision since Vicki was in ER the whole time, but still, there was something insanely cold about Meghan's reaction to me.

Sorry, can't agree.  It seems honest and real to me...not the FAKE friendships these shows attempt to portray.  As much as I enjoy many of the posters on this forum, I won't be driving even five miles to help you write clever comments.

• Love 13

Being there until the family and/or friends can get there implies family and/or friends are going to show up.  No one went.  It wasn't just Meghan.  No one felt it was prudent to show up.  No one cared enough about Vicki to go to the hospital.  Not her friends, and not her kids.

...good point.  Surely Vicki has some sort of life outside Bravo.  Friends?  Employees? Doesn't she claim to go to church regularly?  One quick message to their "calling tree" or whatever her church has would have people and casseroles in a procession to the hospital.  Let's take Meghan out of the equation.

• Love 11
6 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

And getting a sincere "Thank You" as change from your 'purchase'.

Damn all of you! You are making my heart grow.....Just like the Grinch's did at the end of the story.

Tell you what,

I will be Team Baby!

there! a happy medium?

You have the right to be on any team you want , even Slack Ass Deadbeat Dad Team Slade. We might break your balls over that one but nuthin' personal. ;-D

One thing I had when my parents died was no regrets.  We knew we loved each other. I knew I did everything I possibly could for them and it was damn hard at times but I have no regrets nor guilt.

When caring for my dad I also had a great boyfriend that was understanding and wonderful with my dad. He's a good man and a keeper!

• Love 2
7 hours ago, Former Nun said:

Sorry, can't agree.  It seems honest and real to me...not the FAKE friendships these shows attempt to portray.  As much as I enjoy many of the posters on this forum, I won't be driving even five miles to help you write clever comments.

I do believe Meghan's account of how things went down (as of now at least). She thinks the women exaggerate and love drama. I wouldn't be surprised if she thought that Heather was being a bit over the top with her account of what happened. She decides to 'investigate' by texting Vicki first. When she starts getting responses she probably came to the conclusion that it wasn't THAT serious.

For all of the talk of Meghan acting like a know-it-all and being nosy about the whole Brooks/Vicki thing last year...she wasn't wrong, was she? Meghan does act too big for her britches but I would never call her out for the whole Brooks/Vicki thing. Whether you usually like to mind your business not, someone lying about cancer and making a mockery of real cancer victims and survivors isn't something I would hold against anyone for being 'nosy' and calling that kind of douchery out for all the world to witness.

• Applause 1
  • Love 15
9 hours ago, WireWrap said:

First, the hospital was at least 40 minutes for the hospital in good/no traffic. Second, the hospital would not have allowed Meghan back in to see Vicki between all the tests she had done and during the Dr.'s evaluations because Meghan is not family. Third, Meghan had someone close to her battling cancer at the same time and the lie Brooks/Vicki were selling all of them rang as just that, a lie. Fourth, Meghan and Vicki are not friends, never have been and, IMO, never will be. Fifth, Meghan and Vicki texted each other during this and Vicki never asked Meghan to come hold her hand or even tell her she needed someone to sit out in the waiting room for her. Last but not least, I understand it would have been rough for Briana to schlep 2 small kids to the hospital 2 hours away but where was Michael? He could have made that drive to sit with his mother/boss/employer, hold her hand, give her emotional support and then drive her home......but nope, everyone expected Meghan to do it. LOL

I started this whole thing by saying no one was expecting Megan to go sit by Vicki's bedside and hold her hand. Second, on the show they said 30 minutes away so she was still literally the closest person to Vicki. As for Megan having someone close to her battling cancer, sorry I don't buy that Megan was super close to Jim's ex. I think that was just a sympathetic story line that she was using for the show and she jumped at the chance to go after Vicki using that has her shield. As for Megan and Vicki texting each other, I have no information on that. I didn't see Vicki or Megan mention it in their blogs. And this isn't about Micheal. From the sounds of it, no one called him and we have no idea how far he was. This was about Megan and whether or not it would have been a decent thing for her to do to visit Vicki after having just preached about having empathy for other people and their perspectives to Kelly. Megan is a smug hypocrite. That is the only real point that I am trying to make. She wants to jump into other people's business when it suits her but when it comes to just being a decent human being she has no time for it. 

• Love 7
10 minutes ago, MatildaMoody said:

I started this whole thing by saying no one was expecting Megan to go sit by Vicki's bedside and hold her hand. Second, on the show they said 30 minutes away so she was still literally the closest person to Vicki. As for Megan having someone close to her battling cancer, sorry I don't buy that Megan was super close to Jim's ex. I think that was just a sympathetic story line that she was using for the show and she jumped at the chance to go after Vicki using that has her shield. As for Megan and Vicki texting each other, I have no information on that. I didn't see Vicki or Megan mention it in their blogs. And this isn't about Micheal. From the sounds of it, no one called him and we have no idea how far he was. This was about Megan and whether or not it would have been a decent thing for her to do to visit Vicki after having just preached about having empathy for other people and their perspectives to Kelly. Megan is a smug hypocrite. That is the only real point that I am trying to make. She wants to jump into other people's business when it suits her but when it comes to just being a decent human being she has no time for it. 

Actually, Meghan said the hospital was 45 minutes from them in her TH. Also, Meghan did say that she was texting Vicki in her blog, second from last sentence of her blog.... http://www.bravotv.com/the-real-housewives-of-orange-county/season-11/blogs/meghan-king-edmonds/meghan-king-edmonds-i  I don't think the ex's cancer was just a "storyline" for her otherwise she would not have gone to DC to speak about colon cancer this season, she wouldn't have said/done squat about now. Why is she a "hypocrite" for not going, she would not have been allowed to see Vicki? She is expected to sit in the waiting room texting Vicki to prove what exactly?

• Love 4

For those who don't want to click on WireWrap's link to Meghan's blog, here's a little cut-n-paste:

But even then I asked myself if I was in Vicki's shoes would I want her to visit me in the ER? I said no. I thought I would feel uncomfortable. Now if Vicki was admitted to the hospital I absolutely would've stopped by. Thankfully, Vicki was released from the ER only hours later and she and I were texting throughout her time in the hospital. 

I would assume that Meghan was involved in discussions of Jim's ex-wife's cancer and treatments because she seemed to be (often) the caretaker of the teenage daughter.  Naturally they would talk about how the mom was doing.  Meghan was not an interloper in that marriage; there was Wife #2 between Meghan and the first ex, so there was probably no animosity or jealousy involved.   I think only those here who already didn't like Meghan would call her a hypocrite.   Re texting: if Vicki's able to text, she's probably fine.  It usually takes two hands.    As for Michael; Brianna could have/should have notified him and he's probably the person with the most responsibility for getting to the ER.

• Love 10
19 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

LOL, I think I need to go to the ER, I defended Mudhen in a post!!!

Or institutionalized. ;-)

19 hours ago, jaync said:

That shot of Kelly's helmet flying off was pretty scary. I don't know how she escaped getting any head injuries.

What is there to injure?

17 hours ago, Giselle said:

Ok on to another subject.

Raising my hand I second Heathers choice for glamping. I'm ok with packing in and sleeping in a tent but if I win Powerball a Monarch Diplomat would be mighty nice to camp in. Two of my boyfriend's sporting friends have them and daaaaaang are they nice.

Heather's was a Holiday Rambler Scepter, but I'd rather have a Diplomat

http://www.monacocoach.com/2017-monaco-diplomat

My family used to go camping, mainly b/c we couldn't afford to stay at motels, but it allowed us to visit the western USA, so I cannot complain too much.

• Love 4
11 hours ago, Former Nun said:

...good point.  Surely Vicki has some sort of life outside Bravo.  Friends?  Employees? Doesn't she claim to go to church regularly?  One quick message to their "calling tree" or whatever her church has would have people and casseroles in a procession to the hospital.  Let's take Meghan out of the equation.

Church = casseroles? 

Dang I worked the caregiving and sick and dying parent thing all wrong. I love a good casserole.

Didn't know there was a commandment "And thou shalt being forth casseroles unto the sick and infirm, for thou shall be blessed and not fear reproach."

Edited by Giselle
  • Love 3
23 hours ago, KungFuBunny said:

Meghan and Jim at the doctor’s office. Nurse is taking blood.

Jim: Is there Lamaze for blood letting?

Yeah Jim, the classes are taught by Eric Northman and it’s called Glamouring.

giphy.gif

Since Meghan is so afraid of needles – will she refuse the epidural when she goes into labor?

Um, I actually did refuse the epidural because I am afraid of needles.  Hahaha

• Love 3
4 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

It's astounding to me that either 1) nobody(not even his sister) bothered to tell this man his mother was airlifted to a hospital or 2) they told him, and he didn't care.

• Love 12
5 hours ago, MatildaMoody said:

I started this whole thing by saying no one was expecting Megan to go sit by Vicki's bedside and hold her hand. Second, on the show they said 30 minutes away so she was still literally the closest person to Vicki. As for Megan having someone close to her battling cancer, sorry I don't buy that Megan was super close to Jim's ex. I think that was just a sympathetic story line that she was using for the show and she jumped at the chance to go after Vicki using that has her shield.

Yes. This is why I can't with Meghan - last season, she very much did the same thing she was accusing Vicki of doing: using cancer as a story line. No, Meghan did not lie about cancer but she used LeeAnn's cancer to completely martyr herself. I won't forget how she trotted Hayley out for a "tear jerking" scene on the beach after Vicki's mother died, "Seeing Vicki lose her mother made me think of how you will lose yours." The whole thing was just gross. Personally, even if I suspected someone of lying about cancer, I would never start investigating them - calling doctors offices, reaching out to ex-girlfriends who write blogs about it. Meghan championed herself as a fighter for "justice" when she was really just jockeying for something to do on the show. I thought using LeeAnn's death as her self-righteous reason for being so offended by Vicki was usury, self-serving and disingenuous.

Edited by PhilMarlowe2
  • Love 7

I thought it was stupid of Heather to call Briana and say your Mom has been in a horrible accident, why not say she was in an accident and is being airlifted to a hospital just as a precaution, the other way is just such a jarring way to tell someone who is 2 hours away. 

Meghan had every right to not visit Vicki in the hospital, firstly if Vicki was that badly hurt than visitors would not be allowed unless it was family only and secondly, Meghan is not on the bestie list so why upset Vicki?

Heather was calm and helpful but I think she thinks because she sleeps with a doctor she is one by osmosis.

Jim certainly was non plused about the bun in the oven news.  Meghan has got to wake up and smell the disinterest.

• Love 4

I remember (or maybe I dreamed it) reading an interview before the season began in which Tamballs said that she and Vix established a temporary peace and then something happens that destroys it. Is it possible Vix sued Tam for damages vis-à-vis  injuries incurred in the Glamis rollover? If Vix filed against Tam not as Bravo employees (ya know, the whole coworkers can't sue each other or hold Bravo liable thing) but as a private citizen injured due to negligence at the hands of another private citizen ... would there be a case? 

3 hours ago, Watermelon said:

It's astounding to me that either 1) nobody(not even his sister) bothered to tell this man his mother was airlifted to a hospital or 2) they told him, and he didn't care.

I conjectured earlier that c) no one knows how to contact him easily. I can see him not caring b/c he assumed Vikci was making mountains out of molehills again.

2 hours ago, steelcitysister said:

I remember (or maybe I dreamed it) reading an interview before the season began in which Tamballs said that she and Vix established a temporary peace and then something happens that destroys it. Is it possible Vix sued Tam for damages vis-à-vis  injuries incurred in the Glamis rollover? If Vix filed against Tam not as Bravo employees (ya know, the whole coworkers can't sue each other or hold Bravo liable thing) but as a private citizen injured due to negligence at the hands of another private citizen ... would there be a case? 

I don't think their contracts allow that either, but I can see Vicki blaming Tamra and bad-mouthing her to everyone within earshot.

• Love 2

Heather didn't call Brianna, I believe Kelly did.  It was a fairly disjointed conversation and I don't know that Kelly conveyed things all that well.  She said that she got hurt badly, that they were flying her and then that she would keep her updated.  Now, if I were Brianna, I'd have headed out to the hospital (or gotten my brother off his ass to go), but, Kelly made it sound like they were going to have info going to her.  

• Love 2
1 hour ago, smores said:

Heather didn't call Brianna, I believe Kelly did.  It was a fairly disjointed conversation and I don't know that Kelly conveyed things all that well.  She said that she got hurt badly, that they were flying her and then that she would keep her updated.  Now, if I were Brianna, I'd have headed out to the hospital (or gotten my brother off his ass to go), but, Kelly made it sound like they were going to have info going to her.  

I hate driving out to Palm Springs as much as the next person, but you can believe if my mom was airlifted to a hospital there I'd be in my car driving out there or at the very least trying to force my sister to and not relying on info to be relayed through a mentally unstable idiot like Kelly.  I also wouldn't expect and wouldn't want an acquaintance that has a mutual hate situation going on with my mom to go and check in on her just because they were half the distance away that I was, I wouldn't want to deal with that drama while I was already dealing with hospital drama.  For the record my mom has never lied about cancer (except maybe to herself for a couple weeks when she didn't want to believe the lump in her boob was cancerous), doesn't crave casseroles, and isn't a giant pit of need, so milage may vary.

• Applause 1
  • Love 10

Yeah, I'd have been like, can you put Heather on the phone please?  

In Brianna's shoes, I'd have been in the car ASAP, I'm just saying I think the call was weird and disjointed.  But, considering who called Brianna, that isn't exactly surprising.  I feel like Kelly didn't exactly portray things quite as accurately as they were, like making sure Brianna knew no one was going with Vicki, etc. (Note, I'd still have gone even IF I knew someone went with her, I just would have been a bit relieved that she wasn't alone until I got there)

• Love 1
On 9/5/2016 at 6:54 PM, crgirl412 said:

I feel bad for Tamra but Vicki is such a drama queen that it's hard to know what's real and fake with her.  I'm a Neuro Nurse so I am no stranger to traumatic head, neck and spine injuries BUT I've also watched RHOC from the first year and seen Vicki in action so......

What I want to know is this.  V complained about no one being there at the hospital.  No visitors, had to go home in scrubs in an Uber.  THEN she also says sick Briana plops the kids in the car and drives the 2 hours to get to the hospital.  Which is it?  

On 9/5/2016 at 7:01 PM, dosodog said:

Oh Fancy Pants.  You are just beyond belief.  Personal chef.  Pre cooking your food.   Pathetic.  Camping food is some if the best food ever.  And most of it gets cooked on a stick.  Except for smores.  We do that in ice cream cones now.  Melted chocolate and marshmallows in an ice cream cone.   Mmmmm.

Jim.  I hear you and I feel for you.  I do.  But you married her.  You knew she was obsessive and detail oriented.  You knew she's a special snowflake who has experiences no one else has ever gone through before and has a hyped up sense of self importance.

It's a fancy bus and you stop in the middle of no where to let the kid out to pee?  There's a bathroom.  You just didn't want boy pee on the floor.  Oh Heather Fancy Pants.  I hope you get annoyed by bugs.

Trailer park?  No words.  But I love Tamra right now.  Fancy white trash!  I could camp with Tamra.  I think she would even be nice about my lowly tent.  Plus I'd get a potted plant out of the deal.

Shannon.  Boring.  Yeah.  Sand in your lungs.  Neither Tamra or I are buying what you're selling.  Liar.  Golfing foresome.  Again.  I hear and feel for you Jim.

Kelly lost her helmet.  That's bad.  And silence.  Something I've never heard on HW show before.  Vicki throwing up is not good.  Tamra was so quiet.  I feel a little scared for them.

Heather.  You redeemed yourself.  You are good at barking out important orders. I still don't want to camp with you.  

I enjoyed everyone but Shannon and Megan.

Probably already answered but he couldn't use the bathroom since Kelly's barf clogged the toilet.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I am the king of not doing anything for the mere sake of doing it (i.e. it's the "appropriate" to do), but I have to say that I don't think of the cast members of this show as mere "coworkers." Yes, I know they're technically coworkers in the sense that they get paid to do the show. But this is not a group of women who work at the same office, clocking in from 9 to 5. Whether they like or dislike one another, they are sharing a huge life experience together. They're more like members of a band than traditional coworkers. They travel together, they share life moments together, they go through emotional experiences together, they share the unique experience of being on this show together. While I'm not going to brand Meghan the worst person in the world for not going to see Vicki (or not even remotely entertaining the idea of it) it definitely felt somewhat lacking in humanity. There are times where you can put differences aside for the sake of basic compassion. It seems it was the right decision since Vicki was in ER the whole time, but still, there was something insanely cold about Meghan's reaction to me.

One hundred, million, zillion, octo million thumbs up.

And those experiences become part of the lexicon/fabric of pop culture?

Table flipping, that 'boop', Lyme disease.........who'd thunk it?

Edited by ElDosEquis
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, NewGranny said:

Um, I actually did refuse the epidural because I am afraid of needles.  Hahaha

I'm not afraid of needles per se, but the idea of one in my spine freaked me out, so I opted out too.  I'm glad I won't be anywhere near Meghan when she goes into labor. 

And I totally agree with the post that wondered, if she's so scared of needles, how did she get that tattoo?  Cracker Jack? Henna? Santa Claus?

• Love 4

I understand both sides of the argument about Meghan not going vs. going.  I get that there is bad history there, but TBH, a hospital is a horrible place to be alone.  IDK, I've been in a situation where a very distant relative was hospitalized and I happened to be visiting her city when she got into the accident. I visited her at the hospital twice after receiving news that she was injured because she knew no one else in the state. I think I only met her once when we were in HS, so no, we weren't close at all. But my hotel was an hour away from her hospital and I figured I'd go say hi and bring flowers. I think Meghan could have quickly done the same for Vicki, but if she didn't feel comfortable, that's fair. Yes, Vicki sucks and she's a disgusting liar...that goes without saying.

My one issue with Meghan is that now she is stating in her blog that she didn't know the accident was that serious, as if to say she'd have gone if she knew. Just be real and say you had no interest in going. I'd have more respect for that.

Edited by trimthatfat
  • Love 3

I'm assuming your distant relative wasn't an asshole to you and I assume they were actually admitted to the hospital since you went twice.  That's a little different than horrible Vicki's horrendous 9 hour ER visit.  I had an ex-aunt that was a mess that I hadn't talked to in about a decade get airlifted to a hospital 60-90 minutes from me after she was mowed down by a car.  I skipped out on my St. Patrick's Day plans to take her flowers and magazines and sit with her for a while once she was admitted.  She was in the hospital for days hours away from her minor children (my cousins) and her immediate family.  However, I didn't skip out of work early to go sit in the ER waiting room.  I'm kind of an asshole though.

Really though, when it comes down to brass tacks, for me, if Vicki's own adult children (who are both still benefitting from her financially, btw) couldn't make the effort, I don't understand why it is so horrible that no one else could.  I'm going to stop beating the dead horse of Meghan not going to the hospital though.  It's getting kinda boring.

Edited by yourmomiseasy
  • Love 9

I'm as phobic about throwing up as Meghan is about needles. For the last 2 days, my entire extended family has dropped like dominoes to a tummy virus. And 2 nights ago, the worst happened. 

While lying on the couch trying not to barf, I was visualizing Heather Dubrow holding my hands and telling me 'you need to calm down. You can do this'.

It worked. No barfing for me! But it did get me thinking about how invested (or something) I am in Bravo franchises and people I'm never going to meet! Wow. 

Re Meghan: not interested in her pregnancy, not interested in her dubious connection to cancer and parlaying this into speaking engagements. That whole Heather and Meghan go to Washington scene was a total dud. If I was unfortunate enough to have colon cancer, I would be dubious about listening to a motivational speech from someone who's experience was limited to being the wife of an ex husband who died of that cancer. I can't even see Jim in any kind of intimate caring role of his ex partner, beyond care of their daughter. Drop that story line fast. 

Recovering here and rewatching. Heather addressed her medical experience once as MMD: Married to MD. Worked for me and I'm grateful. If not a little weirded out! 

• Love 5

They're lucky they weren't more injured. Years ago when I was in college, we went riding at nighttime in the dark in the sand dunes of Pismo and totally went way too fast over a dune that was steeper than expected and none of us were wearing helmets and I went crashing into the windshield. When I think back on it, I was incredibly lucky to only walk away with a nasty bruise. I can't believe how stupid we all were (in my crappy defense, it was the first time I'd ever gone and just went with the flow). The funny thing was that I was the one trying to calm everyone else down. "It's okay guys, I'm totally fine! I just wish I hadn't lost one of my contact lenses! No worries! I can't really even feel the pain!" It wasn't until the next day when I went home and cried after the shock wore off.

That said, I'll always remain skeptical of people like Vicki and how hurt they say or feel they are... I don't think I could have been as patient as Heather in calming someone like her (and Kelly) down. 

Edited by MattDuffysCat
  • Love 1
On September 5, 2016 at 9:33 PM, njbchlover said:

I would agree with you there, but Meghan just went to see Vicki for her birthday at the Merv Griffin house, and even brought her birthday gifts (regrettably, not a casserole).

Meghan can't have it both ways ~~ she can't show up with gifts for Vicki, just so she could show off her non-existent baby bump and then declare that she is no friend of Vicki's.

Thank you! I'm personally of the opinion that if someone is sick or hurt you help them, end of story. You can go back to hating them right after if you want, but you still help. But I accept that's not something everyone is willing to do. I get that some people can't get past certain things even in an emergency, we all have our breaking points, but Megan keeps vacillating in the wind about Vicki. They're friends/they're not friends/she's fine with Vicki/she hates Vicki/It's water under the bridge/Vicki is irredeemable. Sometimes she changes her mind while speaking. So what is the problem here, Meghsn? It isn't as if Heather called Shannon, who has been steadfast in refusing to have anything to do with Vicki. Last anyone heard Meghan and Vicki were friendly. And Heather wasn't asking Meghan to bring her chicken soup or hang out and visit. Just check on what's going on after a serious accident. Plus I detected a bit of glee in Meghan voice when she told Shannon about the accident in next weeks preview.

• Love 5

Wow. I've just been rewatching last season, because I missed some of it and I believe another change in the guard is about to occur. I just watched Vicki lose her mother. I watched hard, knowing what we all now know. Everyone was so supportive while she broke down and. ..wailed (I paused and looked for tears. They weren't there when they should have been. Vicki would go to wipe her eyes and even though there were visible tears from Tamra and Heather, I wasn't seeing Vicki's). At first, I teared up too. But then she dreeeeew it out and it really went into ham time. That's harsh. But the cancer fake out is also harsh. And her alone and injured is a consequence of this. 

Skip to now. Heather's words ringing in my ears in a TH from the year before about how they are all friends that fight from time to time but when things get tough, they're always here for one another...

Not so much now, hey Vicks? And on the East Coast there's another howive experiencing similar. Bethenny spent way too long in the spotlight crying about her lack of concerned relatives during her health scare (scared up for a storyline and fast forgotten when LuAnn trumped it with the ludicrous Tom relationship). They're very different but both are paying for their ruthlessness, I think. In the episode I just watched, Vicki was crowing about how she is a winner at life (she had just lost at Banco and was about to lose her mother) and Bethenny similarly thinks this way. 

Also, I think I got a sense of what Brooks' long game was to be. Live off Vicki, 'survive' stage 3 cancer and go on the road as a holistic healer making beaucoup bucks. That is brutal and unbelievably squalid, but he won't have been the only person who has scammed cancer recently. As a D List celebrity, he maybe could have created a healthy Internet business flogging coffee enemas and juice cleanses to desperate people. A woman in Australia is being pursued by the courts here for faking cancer and making a fortune from a similar 'lifestyle and nutrition' empire. After watching Bethenny repeatedly scream 'I can say what I want! ' during the reunion, I am seeing that these people are losing all perspective. Something about fame and power is destroying their moral compasses. Vicki is reaping what she sowed last season (s). And her worst nightmare, aging alone, is coming to pass. I see it for Bethenny also. So. Sad.

• Love 8
18 hours ago, Watermelon said:

With respect, we don't know this. We saw the footage TPTB chose to include in the episode, obviously edited for dramatic effect. As much as I loathe my own brother--for many and good reasons-- I called him from the ER when dad, dying, was brought in and placed on life support. He was on business in LA, got to LAX as fast as possible and caught the next flight he could to the east coast. Okay, it was the next day after he stopped home in Minnesota...

I'm willing to give Vicki's kids, who seem to be on reasonably decent terms with each other, the courtesy to believe Michael was, at some point, brought into the loop. And it's actually not always a bad thing to delay--if delay there was--to wait until facts and her condition were known rather than induce a premature panic. Sure, that can be a mistake but it's a judgement call and Vicki does tend to the hypochondriac.

• Love 3

I guess that I too will be in the minority when I say Fuck that Shit.  I am with Megan.  There is no way that I would go see Vicki.  She is an asshole that couldn't care less about anyone about herself. 

A few years ago there was a guy here at work that had cancer.  I couldn't stand him.  He was a creep that looked down my shirt every chance he got and was one of those people that used his illness to get his way.  When he died everyone from work went except me.  I pride myself on not being a hypocrite, so why would I go to his funeral when I couldn't stand him?  I didn't know his family and really, no one else liked him, but they didn't want to look bad.  I just don't care.

I would be the same way if other people that I didn't like were in the hospital.  If I wouldn't want them to visit me, why would I visit them?

Or, maybe I am just not as good a person as I think I am?????  LOL

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Beden said:

With respect, we don't know this. We saw the footage TPTB chose to include in the episode, obviously edited for dramatic effect. As much as I loathe my own brother--for many and good reasons-- I called him from the ER when dad, dying, was brought in and placed on life support. He was on business in LA, got to LAX as fast as possible and caught the next flight he could to the east coast. Okay, it was the next day after he stopped home in Minnesota...

I'm willing to give Vicki's kids, who seem to be on reasonably decent terms with each other, the courtesy to believe Michael was, at some point, brought into the loop. And it's actually not always a bad thing to delay--if delay there was--to wait until facts and her condition were known rather than induce a premature panic. Sure, that can be a mistake but it's a judgement call and Vicki does tend to the hypochondriac.

I do. I gave the only 2 options there are. 1) he wasn't told or 2) he was told and didn't care to come out.

The odds Michael was on vacation somewhere or on business out of the area are slim to none in my estimation

Edited by Watermelon

I may be going to hell, but I was rolling my eyes watching Vicki after the accident.  She’s such a liar and drama queen about everything I can only barely believe she was being genuine about her injuries.

Hate to say it but I agree.  When she was being attended to she came across all drama and histrionics to me, just typical Vicki.  I do believe she was injured somewhat. But she seemed like she was playing it up.  And she was discharged after just a few hours, she did not get admitted to a room, so not sure what Megan could have possibly done.  By the time she drove there, sat in a waiting room, probably would not even be able to actually SEE Vicki, why go?  I would not either.  Sounds harsh but call family, that's who picks you up.  And there were probably plenty of staff, producers, etc to make sure she got home ok, this did happen while she was on the clock...

Has Tamra's mom always called her "Tammy"?

I believe so, and her ex hub Simon also called her Tammy in her first season on the show.  She started going by Tamra since that was how to differentiate her from Tammy Knickerbocker, and I think in Real Estate she went by Tamra.

Shannon was dressed like she was about 70 years old in her golf outfit.  LOL - love her though.

• Love 5

On seeing a part of the re-watch last night, it hit me that Tamra's mother didn't rush to the hospital to be with her daughter.  I know Eddie was there, but if you just witnessed a horrible accident involving your daughter, wouldn't you want to be right there with her, and not rely on getting updates from your son-in-law (assuming he even had his cell phone with him)??  Especially when the other option is sitting around the camp and drinking with Kelly...

• Love 8
6 hours ago, queenjen said:

Also, I think I got a sense of what Brooks' long game was to be. Live off Vicki, 'survive' stage 3 cancer and go on the road as a holistic healer making beaucoup bucks. That is brutal and unbelievably squalid, but he won't have been the only person who has scammed cancer recently. As a D List celebrity, he maybe could have created a healthy Internet business flogging coffee enemas and juice cleanses to desperate people. A woman in Australia is being pursued by the courts here for faking cancer and making a fortune from a similar 'lifestyle and nutrition' empire. After watching Bethenny repeatedly scream 'I can say what I want! ' during the reunion, I am seeing that these people are losing all perspective. Something about fame and power is destroying their moral compasses. Vicki is reaping what she sowed last season (s). And her worst nightmare, aging alone, is coming to pass. I see it for Bethenny also. So. Sad.

http://www.clubdetoxoc.com/  It was shown on the show last season as curing Brooks's cancer and there used to be video testimonials about it.  Now the testimonial from Vicki is just about how it helped her lose weight (she does look good this season, btw).  

2 hours ago, Watermelon said:

I do. I gave the only 2 options there are. 1) he wasn't told or 2) he was told and didn't care to come out.

The odds Michael was on vacation somewhere or on business out of the area are slim to none in my estimation

I guess there could be the third option of he was told and went to the hospital and drove Vicki home and she just lied in her blog about having to take a car service while wearing hospital socks.

• Love 4
51 minutes ago, FlyingEgret said:

On seeing a part of the re-watch last night, it hit me that Tamra's mother didn't rush to the hospital to be with her daughter.  I know Eddie was there, but if you just witnessed a horrible accident involving your daughter, wouldn't you want to be right there with her, and not rely on getting updates from your son-in-law (assuming he even had his cell phone with him)??  Especially when the other option is sitting around the camp and drinking with Kelly...

Apparently Tamra's other kids were there too, so I guess she stayed to be with them.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2016 at 0:28 AM, Former Nun said:

This is a good point and reminded me of something that happened with my stepfather passed away.  He used to teach at USC's medical school and as we are big football fans, we used to get season tickets to the USC games.  We sat next to the same group of people for close to 10 years and everyone was very friendly and would catch up at the beginning of the season on everyone's lives/family/etc.  Outside of that though, we didn't see them during the rest of the year.  When my stepfather passed away and the obituary ran, they all saw it.  Every single person that we sat next to at those games showed up at his funeral.  I can't even begin to tell you how much that meant to my mother and I.  They didn't know us outside of those games.  They didn't have to take time out of their day to attend the funeral of a man they only saw on a handful of Saturdays in the fall.  But they did.

I can't say the same would be true for Vicki.

• Love 6
On 9/7/2016 at 8:46 PM, PhilMarlowe2 said:

I am the king of not doing anything for the mere sake of doing it (i.e. it's the "appropriate" to do), but I have to say that I don't think of the cast members of this show as mere "coworkers." Yes, I know they're technically coworkers in the sense that they get paid to do the show. But this is not a group of women who work at the same office, clocking in from 9 to 5. While I'm not going to brand Meghan the worst person in the world for not going to see Vicki (or not even remotely entertaining the idea of it) it definitely felt somewhat lacking in humanity. There are times where you can put differences aside for the sake of basic compassion. It seems it was the right decision since Vicki was in ER the whole time, but still, there was something insanely cold about Meghan's reaction to me.

I'm on my cell and using PTV on a cell phone sucks big time. I meant bold your bandmates comments but I accidentally deleted them and can't bring them back. 

Any one of Vicki's other band mates or production who were right there should have gone with her or started driving ASAP.

They had 9 hours to get to her bedside to offer comfort and give her a ride home.

Vicki has been nothing but vile to Meghan. She reaped what she sowed.

• Love 9
On 9/6/2016 at 9:11 PM, Almost 3000 said:

I have to ask...Doesn't the melted stuff drip out around the cone even thought its wrapped in foil? Does the cone get soggy or burnt?

The cone actually sounds better than a graham cracker but I'm one of the few that was never fond of 'smores.

It becomes pretty crispy or stays true to form.  It can burn easily if you keep it on the flame too long. 

My friend and I tried it once, I didn't really care for it.  but really I prefer to just eat toasted marshmallows.  S'mores are delicious but way too messy.

On 9/6/2016 at 10:20 PM, Christi said:

Most telling moment of the episode for me:

Kelly calls Brianna, trying to stay calm but sounded VERY upset...choppy sentences...you mom was in an accident. She is hurt and being airlifted...NO ONE knew what was wrong at that point...from the minimal info that Kelly gave Brianna, Vic could have been fatality wounded, paralyzed etc...being air lifted while the other injured person is going in an ambulance is a HUGE deal.   Brianna is a NURSE..does she go into ER nurse mode? .does she ask medical questions? Try and get details? Ask the hospital phone number? Even feign as much concern as Heather actually had? NOPE

I was completely shocked when I heard Kelly get interrupted and say "oh, you are sick too?"

Wow Wow Wow , that call Brianna received was the one you NEVER want to get.  ACCIDENT,  HURT, LIFE FLIGHTED, and you respond with Im sick too?

I am absolutely gobsmacked...I knew Breanna was an ungrateful, self entitled blob of goo...but jesus christ I am blown away

I thought this too.  I told myself I was going to hell because I didn't believe Vicki's dramatics for a second.  And instead of her daughter wondering if her mom is going to be ok she just tells Kelly that she's really sick.  

And I don't think badly of Brianna for it.  

On 9/7/2016 at 10:53 AM, Snarky McSnarky said:

She's cried "Wolf" too many times.

yep.

I knew the crash was coming because I saw the reports when it happened but I was totally not prepared for that type of crash.  I think my jaw dropped down to the ground.  Kelly was SO FREAKING LUCKY. I think I mostly freaked out when her helmet flew off. 

And how stupid of Tamara to think she could buy people their helmets.  YOU CAN'T BUY PEOPLE HELMETS!!! 

• Love 10