Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Shock And Roll

• Start Topic

6 minutes ago, Nanny pants said:

Vicki has one year from the date of the accident to file suit.  Of course she may have already made a claim against whatever/whomever's insurance carrier(s) are involved and the matter is being handled confidentially, out of court.   

Two years in California.

The way I look at it if Vicki had pecuniary losses due to being unable to work then she should get reimbursed.  If she has permanent injuries she should get reimbursed, as should Heather and Kelly.   I think Vicki continued to film and continued to watch her grandchildren so there are a lot of factors.

I just find it unfortunate for Vicki, that she was the most injures as the roof did not come down on her head, her helmet stayed on, and the others weren't as unfortunate, in spite of the roof collapsing on Heather and Tamra, and Kelly losing her helmet. 

• Love 1
3 hours ago, lezlers said:

Except suing your friend after you were in an ACCIDENT is a shitty thing to do.

Definitely NOT a Vicky fan.  It might be a shitty thing to do, but often it's the only way to collect for actual damages and medical expenses.  Most of the time it's one insurance company against another.        (Spellcheck tried to change the word to "shitting.")

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Nanny pants said:

Vicki has one year from the date of the accident to file suit.  Of course she may have already made a claim against whatever/whomever's insurance carrier(s) are involved and the matter is being handled confidentially, out of court.   

I wonder if Vicki bought the insurance she sells?

• Love 4
On ‎9‎/‎9‎/‎2016 at 10:42 PM, tabloidlover said:

Watch What Crappens is the BESTEST podcast ever!!   I live for Ronnie and Ben's thoughts and impersonations - hilarious!!

do any of you guys listen to Bitch Sesh:  The Real Housewives Breakdown?  it is gold.  I'm usually walking down the street all by myself, laughing like a damn fool.

• Love 3
1 hour ago, zoeysmom said:

Two years in California.

The way I look at it if Vicki had pecuniary losses due to being unable to work then she should get reimbursed.  If she has permanent injuries she should get reimbursed, as should Heather and Kelly.   I think Vicki continued to film and continued to watch her grandchildren so there are a lot of factors.

I just find it unfortunate for Vicki, that she was the most injures as the roof did not come down on her head, her helmet stayed on, and the others weren't as unfortunate, in spite of the roof collapsing on Heather and Tamra, and Kelly losing her helmet. 

Am I evil for wishing her helmet stayed on while puking into Kelly's lap?

• Love 6
24 minutes ago, teapot said:

do any of you guys listen to Bitch Sesh:  The Real Housewives Breakdown?  it is gold.  I'm usually walking down the street all by myself, laughing like a damn fool.

I've never heard of this

Is this a podcast? If so, is it on SoundCloud or Itunes or Sirius?

Thanks in advance....always open to a new thing

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

I've never heard of this

Is this a podcast? If so, is it on SoundCloud or Itunes or Sirius?

Thanks in advance....always open to a new thing

it's on iTunes.  It's Casey Wilson from Happy Endings & Danielle Schneider from some parody thing on YouTube called Real Hot Wives.  they're absolutely hilarious!!!

• Love 2
49 minutes ago, KungFuBunny said:

Am I evil for wishing her helmet stayed on while puking into Kelly's lap?

I guarantee you there would have been no puking if Vicki could not get out of her helmet.  Since Vicki pukes at the smell of exhaust I am not taking her vomiting as a sign of a concussion.

• Love 3
6 hours ago, lezlers said:

Except suing your friend after you were in an ACCIDENT is a shitty thing to do.  But this is Vicki we're talking about, so not surprising in the least...

I was just in the ER (4 times in 24 hours before they finally decided to admit me to the hospital) and I was allowed visitors other than my husband.  It was slightly alarming, despite the fact that I welcomed them, since I had to warning they were going to show up until they walked in my room.  It might vary from hospital to hospital.

It absolutely varies from hospital to hospital. They might all have rules, but some are much more open to breaking them, in my experience. My grandfather was recently admitted to the ER and a bunch of my sibs went to see him. We weren't sure if they would let us in or not since he hadn't been admitted (he is 90 and his condition was serious and uncertain) but we had no problem with anyone letting us in so see him. Our only issue was with the many various other people he had in visiting him. A couple of neighbors, and a couple of people from his church. All kinds of random folks. We finally had to ask if they could make some room for us. 

I don't think any of this is the point. Does anyone believe that Meghan didn't go to visit Vicki because she was afraid they wouldn't let her see Vicki? The very idea is ludicrous. She didn't go because she wasn't particularly concerned and didn't want to go. That is the point. She seemed unconcerned on the phone which was what surprised Heather. In her blog she mentioned nothing about not having access, but was just honest that she didn't think she would want for Vicki to visit her if the situation was reversed.

I don't really think anyone is wrong here. Everyone has a good point, and is 100% right in the way they saw it based on what was going on with them. Heather was shaken up, still in shock, and was worried that no one was with Vicki. She wasn't thinking about ER personnel or protocol. She is a fixer and she was trying to fix it. Fair enough. Girl had just been through hell. Meghan on the other hand didn't really see that Vicki would want her there. She said in her blog that if Vicki had been admitted, she would have gone. They all have a point and are probably right in the way they are looking at their roles in what happened. 

• Love 4
On 9/11/2016 at 0:02 PM, Mu Shu said:

Of all the people in the crash, it seemed like Tamra  had the worst of it.  Of course Vicki starts bellowing like a walrus and had to be airlifted out at great expense, and we will never know if she had mild whiplash or traumatic brain injury because of HIPAA.  I'm going with no more injured than Kelly or Heather. 

She's such a fucking self centered sack of shit.  Even Kelly was keeping her shit together.    heres 54 year old Vicki, sniveling like a spoiled 9 year old.  Whatever kid asked "is she drunk" is my hero.  Even children can see what a useless attention whore she is.  

It is funny you mention walrus in relation to V.  During the fight with Tamra over Brooks a couple seasons ago at the Dubrows house (I think) when Tamra was accused of giving Brooks the evil eye (seriously dumbest deal ever) and V leans over the table to yell at Tamra she looked EXACTLY like a walrus to me.  Paused the show and made my husband come watch.  He got the biggest laugh out of it.  I apologize to walrus everywhere.

• Love 7
3 hours ago, teapot said:

it's on iTunes.  It's Casey Wilson from Happy Endings & Danielle Schneider from some parody thing on YouTube called Real Hot Wives.  they're absolutely hilarious!!!

OH I love Casey Wilson and the Real Hotwives of Las Vegas (it's on Hulu and it's hilarious!).  I've gotta check out this podcast.  Thanks for mentioning it! 

• Love 1

Meghan should have gone to see Vicki.  At the time, they only knew she had been airlifted, not the extent of her injuries.  Narcissistic bitch.  She can tell Vicki all about her babies, but, oh too bad...she can't be bothered to go check on Vicki.  I can't stand her.  She and Shannon have bored me to death this season.

• Love 2
On September 6, 2016 at 9:05 PM, MatildaMoody said:

I'm kind of torn on Megan thing. I really dislike her so maybe that's the bias. But I don't think anyone was asking her to sit by Vicki's bed and hold her hand. They were asking her as someone close by to check on her and provide info on her condition. 

Even if you believe Vicki was exaggerating, getting air lifted to a hospital is fucking scary and Heather, Tamra, and Kelly had no idea what her condition was. Would it have killed Megan to take an hour out of her day to find out what Vicki's status was and reassure her and Vicki's friends about when Vicki would be released or if she was going to have prolonged stay. 

For God's sake Megan spent more time than that investigating the health claims of a man she didn't know, because Justice! But she couldn't take some time to put the minds of her supposed friends at ease while they are still in shock from an accident that resulted in two people being hurt and one of them being fucking airlifted to the hospital? 

Just becuase it needs to be Said, Shut Up Megan!

I agree.  She and Shannon made me sick.  No empathy at all.

• Love 1
24 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Meghan should have gone to see Vicki.  At the time, they only knew she had been airlifted, not the extent of her injuries.  Narcissistic bitch.  She can tell Vicki all about her babies, but, oh too bad...she can't be bothered to go check on Vicki.  I can't stand her.  She and Shannon have bored me to death this season.

But that isn't true. Meghan and Vicki were texting during the time she was in the ER. during the filming of the show Vicki didn't even seem to give a shit that Meghan didn't come to see her, K/M/T were more upset about it than Vicki.

The fact that she could contact Meghan but has no actual friends or children to come and get her is on Vicki and no one else. Hell I wouldn't be surprised if she didn't reach out intentionally so she could be more the victim.

Edited by biakbiak
  • Love 10

Then Meghan goes to Vicki's house and cries that how dare Tamra be so reckless with three lives....when her reaction was gee, that's too bad, as she and Shannon finished their chocolate cake.  I cannot stand her, and Shannon has been a PITA all season.  Meghan reacted in the selfish way I expected her to.  

• Love 4
3 minutes ago, ButterQueen said:

Then Meghan goes to Vicki's house and cries that how dare Tamra be so reckless with three lives....when her reaction was gee, that's too bad, as she and Shannon finished their chocolate cake.  I cannot stand her, and Shannon has been a PITA all season.  Meghan reacted in the selfish way I expected her to.  

Again, it was according to Tamra's own words that it was her reckless actions that caused the accident. Yes, it was an accident but that doesn't mean Tamra wasnt reckless. I would rather my acquaintance or even a coworker bring a gift to visit in my home than come to the emergency room. 

• Love 4
52 minutes ago, Former Nun said:

....or does she?   Brianna made the mistake of wondering that on camera.

That's the beauty of HIPAA for people like Vicki.  No one can prove how badly you weren't or were injured.    I'm at a loss as to why a woman who was brought into the ER conscious with no visible injuries required having her clothes cut off.     I don't think any of these heifers were seriously injured, but I hang out with motorcyclists and don't consider neck sprain serious.   

In the munchhausen World Series of Sickest Person, who wins?  Briana, who dies have health concerns she seems to exaggerate, or Vicki, who helps people fake cancer for attention?  Me thinks Vicki wins that battle.  I wouldn't believe her if she said it was a sunny day in the high '70's in Southern California with a zero percent chance of rain.  

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, Mu Shu said:

That's the beauty of HIPAA for people like Vicki.  No one can prove how badly you weren't or were injured.    I'm at a loss as to why a woman who was brought into the ER conscious with no visible injuries required having her clothes cut off.     I don't think any of these heifers were seriously injured, but I hang out with motorcyclists and don't consider neck sprain serious.   

In the munchhausen World Series of Sickest Person, who wins?  Briana, who dies have health concerns she seems to exaggerate, or Vicki, who helps people fake cancer for attention?  Me thinks Vicki wins that battle.  I wouldn't believe her if she said it was a sunny day in the high '70's in Southern California with a zero percent chance of rain.  

I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing if you come into the ER after having just been in an accident and have a possible neck injury like Vicki, a doctor isn't going to be real keen on having you take off your shirt the old fashioned way.

• Love 1
6 minutes ago, lezlers said:

I'm no doctor, but I'm guessing if you come into the ER after having just been in an accident and have a possible neck injury like Vicki, a doctor isn't going to be real keen on having you take off your shirt the old fashioned way.

Neither am I .  I've been in two car accidents with neck injuries.  Never had my clothes cut off.   No one I knows had their clothes cut off.  But I can't prove or disprove that.   Long story short, I don't believe a word she says.  

• Love 5
1 hour ago, lezlers said:

Nah, they weren't cut off and she wasn't given morphine by the EMTs because she couldn't feel her hands/arms either! She is a lying liar that loves to lie. LOL 

• Love 6

Ha!  I haven't even heard any of this stuff, was there another episode that aired?  Last I saw on this ep, she was being airlifted and Megan was refusing to check in on her.  I haven't even heard the assertion that her clothes were cut off or she was given morphine because she couldn't feel her limbs (what in the WHAT?)

2 hours ago, lezlers said:

Ha!  I haven't even heard any of this stuff, was there another episode that aired?  Last I saw on this ep, she was being airlifted and Megan was refusing to check in on her.  I haven't even heard the assertion that her clothes were cut off or she was given morphine because she couldn't feel her limbs (what in the WHAT?)

The clothes being cut off was revealed by Tamra this past episode (last night), the same with her claims she was given morphine by the EMTs/paramedics/Dr.'s because she could not feel her arms/hands and she claimed she had a severe concussion (which would negate them giving her morphine to begin with)! She. Vicki also talks about this in her blog. LOL

8 hours ago, Mu Shu said:

Neither am I .  I've been in two car accidents with neck injuries.  Never had my clothes cut off.   No one I knows had their clothes cut off.  But I can't prove or disprove that.   Long story short, I don't believe a word she says.  

+1

history of recent neck injury, loss of consciousness during MVA, in ER with bilateral AC Joint separation, broken shoulder, dislocated ribs, trauma to sternum, whiplash, and soft tissue injuries that eventually required surgical repair.  Ended up with 4 years of PT and can't lift my right arm all the way.  My ortho jokes that I'm in great shape for someone with 4 Super Bowl rings.  They didn't cut my clothes off, but my dress was shredded from the seat belt, so it was ruined anyway.  It was still okay to wear home though, I didn't have to Uber it in a paper gown.

• Love 2
19 hours ago, lezlers said:

I'm no doctor either, but I'm guessing nobody would be keen on taking Icky's shirt off.

Seriously though, you might have a point. The way Icky was fussing I'm sure they were cautious in how they dealt with her. Especially if they knew what kind of terrible person she is. I doubt she was hurt any more than Tamra was. I believe she was only airlifted because she complained of every injury they asked her about. Did I hear her say her eyebrows were numb? I was too busy rolling my eyes about her dramatics to pay very close attention to all that she said.

• Love 1
On 9/13/2016 at 6:42 PM, WireWrap said:

The clothes being cut off was revealed by Tamra this past episode (last night), the same with her claims she was given morphine by the EMTs/paramedics/Dr.'s because she could not feel her arms/hands and she claimed she had a severe concussion (which would negate them giving her morphine to begin with)! She. Vicki also talks about this in her blog. LOL

Maybe she had shat herself and THAT is why clothes were cut off.  I have never been in an accident nor have I been to the hospital in an emergency.  My mother was in a bad car accident when I was little (sprained neck among other injuries) and they didn't cut her clothes off.

• Love 2
On 9/13/2016 at 3:39 AM, biakbiak said:

Again, it was according to Tamra's own words that it was her reckless actions that caused the accident. Yes, it was an accident but that doesn't mean Tamra wasnt reckless. I would rather my acquaintance or even a coworker bring a gift to visit in my home than come to the emergency room. 

Yes, but I think the point of the OP was the righteous indignation Meghan suddenly (conveniently) had about Tamra's recklessness. Like, she couldn't be bothered to go to the hospital to check on Vicki, but suddenly she's (fake) crying about her anger at Tamra for being so reckless with others' lives? It just felt so disingenuous.

• Love 2
On 9/6/2016 at 0:00 PM, pbutler111 said:

This is kind of interesting. This is what Vicki's ex, Donn, tweeted last night:

Donn Gunvalson ‏@DonnGunvalson 17h17 hours ago
This accident was a dream come true for Vicki. The producers had 2 options:
Keep her on the show forever or get sued. #RHOC

Maybe someone else has pointed this out, but no way!  The only action Vicki could possibly bring against Bravo for her injuries at Glamis is a worker's comp claim.  Your employer can injure you with much more impunity than anyone else.  You don't get near as much in a settlement in a worker's comp claim as you would in a civil lawsuit.  Plus, I don't believe Vicki was all that seriously injured if they released her after only 9 hours.

The HoWives are most likely classified as independent contractors and not employees and in California independent contractors are not covered under Workers' Comp.  I'm not that familiar with production insurance, but the general liability under that might be what would cover the bills.

• Love 1
On 9/8/2016 at 10:53 AM, Watermelon said:

It absolutely is when it's your mother.  And even if it's not, it's enough to call your brother who has no children to drive out and find out why the fuck yall's mother just got airlifted.   Nobody in Vicki's life gave enough of a shit to visit her in a hospital after 9 hours.

[snip]   That's not a reflection on Megan, but on Vicki.

Vicki would do well to take this as a sign of things to come.  My brother is an LVN in a nursing home, and he told me once that there are more than a few patients there who don't have visitors.  Since Vicki has made a career out of being a self-centered pain in the ass to everyone, if she ever has to live in a nursing home, she better get good at Rummy or Canasta or something, cuz she's going to be one of the ones who doesn't have many visitors.  Sad but true -- an undeniable example of reaping what one sows.

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Anne Thrax said:

Vicki would do well to take this as a sign of things to come.  My brother is an LVN in a nursing home, and he told me once that there are more than a few patients there who don't have visitors.  Since Vicki has made a career out of being a self-centered pain in the ass to everyone, if she ever has to live in a nursing home, she better get good at Rummy or Canasta or something, cuz she's going to be one of the ones who doesn't have many visitors.  Sad but true -- an undeniable example of reaping what one sows.

I have read that narcissists (like Vicki) are often alone by the end of their lives, not because their family members wouldn't like to be able to protect and nurture a beloved mother or father who once protected and nurtured them, but strictly out of self-preservation - because, once a soul-sucking parasite, always a soul-sucking parasite.

• Love 7
On 9/9/2016 at 2:00 PM, LIMOM said:

Yum, never noticed how built Eddie was, him carrying Tamra on the stretcher was all kind of sexy.

I don't consider the words "Eddie" and "sexy" to exist in the same universe, let alone the same language.

• Love 1
On 9/12/2016 at 9:13 AM, Nanny pants said:

Actually, Nanny Pants - it used to be one year.  In California now, it's two years after the accident.

On 9/7/2016 at 2:36 PM, ghoulina said:

This is how I feel. I said it in my original post, but I'll say it again - if Vicki wants people to rush to her side with casseroles, she should have treated them better. I guarantee you that if she hadn't pulled that scam with Brook and lost the trust and respect of all the women, Shannon would absolutely have driven ANY amount of time to go visit her in the hospital. But Vicki treated Shannon like dirt beneath her feet. I don't like Megan, but she was nasty to her from day one. If I were either of those two, I wouldn't even send a card. Sorrynotsorry. 

I'm really confused about it too. She keeps mentioning wanting to downsize, but then she complains about how much she'll miss the amenities in her current home. And they really did personalize that place. The extra kitchen, the hospital grade air, the basketball court. Why do they want to downsize? Is it financial? Because otherwise, just hire enough people to maintain it. I don't get it. 

Here's one theory:  http://www.enstarz.com/articles/148909/20160317/real-housewives-of-orange-county-news-shannon-beador-husband-are-moving-video.htm

• Love 1
On September 11, 2016 at 9:17 PM, tenativelyyours said:

Yes, production is in heaven over this.  It escapes even the slightest hint of being fake.  Even though production already has its sticky fingers all over it considering the timing of calls and the refusal to address the firm placement of the "fourth wall" or that Meghan of all people is the immediate or even only resort for a woman she works with and wasn't on site.  It would be one thing if they let one person accompany her on the helicopter, Meghan was the only one who could do it and she said no.  Even though in that scenario I still think she is fully in her rights and not at all rude to say no to that as well.  But this idea that she could or should do something because she was 'it'.  The only choice and that by the time the call was made to her, production had probably already had been in contact with each other and even Heather well before she called Meghan.

This is a production company that brought back that snout of a lies about cancer.  She is a horrible horrible person who should have been fired by the show when it came out.  Instead production has done its best to cloud the issue and pretend there are "sides" to the story.  For all we know, and I'm just as prepared to accept as I am that Brianna's health was deliberately exploited by her hideous mother as a story line, production was the one to jump on the news.  Production was the one to hear of Brianna's health, already knew that she and her family were moving back to the OC and figured, this is how we justify having this creature back.  This is how we justify paying someone for lying about cancer and trying to not just profit off it, but profit off of lies that promise cures and hopes for people and their families at one of their lowest and most terrifying moments in their lives.  In fact other than Brianna now being the concerned daughter (And we saw how that first take went), I wonder how much focus in the remainder of the season will be on Vicki has busy breadwinner and kind of, well not really but lets' all pretend she is, caring mother for a sick daughter.  I think Brianna as sympathy prop (whether it works for you as viewer or not) is now over and instead she's going to have to be the ill but determined nurse to victim and wailer of a mother.  I'm betting we here over and over again how she could have died and how she was so afraid to leave her children and grandchildren without her presence. 

And I do think we will have serious "Meghan didn't come see me" shit as story.  After all, she can make Meghan look bad because she didn't have any control over it.  She was helpless and hurting.  Plus it gets digs in to the woman that cost her Crooks and put her own job in jeopardy (or at leas should have put her job on the show on the line).  Yeah I say Vicki tries to go with this and go hard.  At least as the victim and maybe a bit of passive "confusion" over Meghan.  No accusations but she won't shut them down right away either. 

Though she also might be thinking "oh shit, thanks Heather Dubrow.  Shannon yes, but you had to fucking call Meghan PI?  That bitch actually uses facts and things".

Marry me so I don't have to go on Tinder/ die alone 

4 hours ago, nexxie said:

So it's two issues - being able to film at the house, and a bond to do with David's company. Looking forward to seeing the new digs.

The woman at the '70's party (Jacki) was their HOA president and I believe greased the skids for Heather and Shannon to continue filming.  The party was rright about the time of the article.

David and Shannon first had their house on the market before the show aired, Season 9.  I was thinking now that we know about the affair, they might have been trying to dump it. I am still trying to figure out what kind of bond would be required to use their house as collateral.  David's Company doesn't have any liens, lawsuits, or judgments against it.   

• Love 3
On 9/16/2016 at 11:10 AM, Anne Thrax said:

This is kind of interesting. This is what Vicki's ex, Donn, tweeted last night:

Donn Gunvalson ‏@DonnGunvalson 17h17 hours ago
This accident was a dream come true for Vicki. The producers had 2 options:
Keep her on the show forever or get sued. #RHOC

I always kind of had a soft spot for Donn, but he's showing his ass by weighing in on his ex-wife's reality show.  Go live your life, Donn!

I had to laugh at the beginning of this ep when Tamra explained to us that she wanted to goto Glamis b/c she used to ride fast motorbikes and dunebuggies while growing up and wanted the gals to experience it too, followed by a clip of her screeching at Simon or her son for driving too fast on their motorcycle.

Heather is so full of shit - she could easily have called a helicopter service to get her to the hospital (the cost of a handful of doorknobs at her new house) - rather than continue her cozy little camp-out with her son and her friends.

Angel, my ass!

• Love 1