Type keyword(s) to search

S11.E10: Shock And Roll

• Start Topic

12 hours ago, bosawks said:

What are the odds that Vicki overplays the sympathy card and alienates everyone all over again.....

And Meghan visiting coworkers you don't like in the hospital just means you're now an adult.

Why would one ever do that?  I would just send a card if it's that serious.

• Love 10

Didn't Tamra have to go to the hospital after she fell off of the bull ride at Heather's ground breaking ho down and now this?  She needs to be put in bubble wrap.

I am beginning to believe that Briana is not so sick from her surgery but rather enabled, I bet there is some post partum depression issues lingering combined with maybe not really happy with her weight (yes, a side effect from a bum thyroid so don't get all preachy about that).  She does not need an orange right now, she needs some professional help from the neck up.

• Love 15
On ‎9‎/‎4‎/‎2016 at 5:30 AM, Grneyedldy said:

I've been to Glamis once (which was more than enough). It felt like a scene from Mad Max.

Yeah, that's pretty much the impression I got!

1 hour ago, ghoulina said:

Haha, I don't know. She's pretty stupid. But I do think those things have a lower threshold for what they can handle than a typical toilet does. 

I hate to defend Kelly, but my folks go camping (but not in anything as fancy as on this show!), and they warned me not to flush paper towels or wet wipes down the camper toilet or it'll get blocked up. I am so surprised Vicki didn't "sympathy vomit" following Kelly.

• Love 2

I am so surprised Vicki didn't "sympathy vomit" following Kelly.

You know I lived with two cats.  And one of them would get jealous if the other was getting too much attention.  It would make those same hacking noises that Vickie makes.  Like it was going to throw up.  I say she's faking the vomit.

• Love 14
27 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Yeah, that's pretty much the impression I got!

I hate to defend Kelly, but my folks go camping (but not in anything as fancy as on this show!), and they warned me not to flush paper towels or wet wipes down the camper toilet or it'll get blocked up. I am so surprised Vicki didn't "sympathy vomit" following Kelly.

I was going to FF through Kelly's vomiting scene, having been forewarned here, but then I'd have missed the best part: Kelly first lunging toward Vicki as if she was going to throw up on her. Vicki shrieked and cringed out of the way, and Kelly stood up and lunged toward the bathroom. So much better if she had spewed all over the Vickster. Oh Bravo Gods, why did you deny us that joy?

• Love 8
40 minutes ago, Ubiquitous said:

Yeah, that's what he said... I think I laughed at their reaction shot.

How does one manage to do that by oneself? Did Kelly flush the paper towels she used to clean up down the toilet, plugging it up?

I'm not sure I'd want to go there, based on what I saw. Are there really people riding around at all hours in all directions? I'd have been scared of someone coming down that dune Vickie drunkenly ascended ("Is she drunk, Mommy?" HA!) directly into the campsite!

If he hasn't told her where he lives or his phone number, I imagine contacting him would be a problem.

As for whether Meghan should have visited Vicki in the hospital, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, she was closest to the hospital but on the other, what good would it do? I am assuming they wouldn't allow her to visit or tell her much about Vicki's condition b/c she's not a relative. I think Meghan could have called the hospital and gotten the same results, unless Vicki is considered to be a "celebrity" and gets extra privacy.

Yes, it was Nicky who asked Heather if Vicki were drunk. I think Heather replied "She acts like that a lot".
I remember Shannon losing interest when Tamra told her Vicki and Kelly would be going too. I think she should have been more honest about why she wasn't going, though.
I did wonder why Tamra was buying everyone's helmets instead of making everyone get their own so there were no questions about helmet size. Also, am I correct in thinking helmets have less subjective sizes than "small". "medium", and "large"?

Wait, was Kelly's daughter there?

ALL my old Bell helmets were sized, I don't know if they still are, I also have a Shoei Helmet that is a generic size, I also owned a Simpson and I don't remember what the sizing on it was. All safety equipment should be test worn for comfort.

Some places won't even tell you if they are there. They had people in our facility test calling other depts. to see how they fared and how they handled patient inquiries.

• Love 2

Glad Vicki didn't break her fucking neck. If she did we'd never hear the end of it and she would get a nice edit when they had to kick her ass off the show for health reasons.

I'm okay with Meghan's and Jim's response. They are not friends and Vicki has treated like Meghan like shit and swept her mean girl lying behavior under the rug and then played the victim. Kelly was Vicki's new bestie, why didn't she go to the hospital with her? Her husband was there to take care of their daughter.

• Love 17
12 hours ago, 100PercentPain said:

She also mentioned that September is "life insurance awareness month". Uh. 

Uhh no Vicki. It's actually National Recovery Month. As someone who works in the field of psych/addiction medicine, this offends me.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Sai said:

I was gonna reply to Scoobydoo with the same statement.  I live in the country in Connecticut and kids around here drive ATV's all the time!  Heck, my own kid has a dirt bike.  He's 14 now but he's been driving it since he was about 9 years old.  His best friend up the road has 2 quads.  They've been driving those forever also.  I bet Heather's son had the most fun he's ever had.  He even enjoyed peeing outside! Uh.. that's another thing the boys around here like to do, lol!

Yeah, but for a 12 year old to start for the first time -- on that terrain?  Looked mighty dangerous to me.

Anyone fiddling with their helmets is also taking great risks.  Sorry to those who seem offended by comments on how dangerous this looks -- I meant driving those vehicles in that particular area.  I know nothing about it & have zero interest in participating.  Still looks dangerous as hell to me.  I'll stay far away, thanks.

I have driven a dune buggy on the Cape when I was a teen.  But it was nothing like that place.  Btw, those shots of it turning made me wonder how many damn Bravo cams do they put in the cars they're in?  Still think the Bravo producers were disappointed there wasn't more blood & guts spilled for them to catch on cam.

Edited by ScoobieDoobs
  • Love 2
4 minutes ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Yeah, but for a 12 year old to start for the first time -- on that terrain?  Looked mighty dangerous to me.

Anyone fiddling with their helmets is also taking great risks.  Sorry to those who seem offended by comments on how dangerous this looks.  I know nothing about it & have zero interest in participating.  Still looks dangerous as hell to me.  I'll stay far away, thanks.

I have driven a dune buggy on the Cape when I was a teen.  But it was nothing like that place.  Btw, those shots of it turning made me wonder how many damn Bravo cams do they put in the cars they're in?  Still think the Bravo producers were disappointed there wasn't more blood & guts spilled for them to catch on cam.

I was offended at all.  No worries.  :)   Sometimes city folk just don't understand good ole country fun......haha.  I'm kidding.  That terrain did look dangerous even for an experienced driver....ahem Tamra.  But it looked like they had him near the camp by their trailers.  They didn't let him venture far off.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Barb23 said:

Were Tams & Vicki taken to different hospitals? If they were at the same one, couldn't Eddie have gotten Vicki updates?  Either way,  why didn't someone (Bravo staff or even Uber) drive Tam's mom there as someone previously posted?  I wonder why Heather & Kelly didn't get checked out at ER either. Especially since Kelly's helmet flew off & she was originally complaining her side was sore. Possible internal injuries??

I'm back & forth on the Meghan going to hospital thing & agree with others that since she was a friend, she wouldn't have gotten far & probably would have gotten rigged into driving Vicks home if no one else (Brianna or Michael) didn't show up in a timely fashion. BTW Vicks, I've left the hospital many times wearing the hosptal slipper sox. They aren't very fashionable but serve their purpose so stop whining about what you were given to wear home.  You were going home not out to dinner.

Also, Brianna's reaction in the phone call seemed a little off but I guess it can sound like that when you get an emergency phone call.   It seemed like she threw in the "I'm not feeling well & can't come"  comment after she found out Vicki was semi-OK.  I'm probably wrong, I'll have to watch again since I had some interruptions & may have missed some things. 

I loved Heather's RV.  I thought she was actually bringing her personal chef with her.  I agree there's nothing better than enjoying campfire food but I'm not sure I would let Heather get too close to a grill. Hats off to Eddie, Tam's mom & whoever else helped in getting the "trailer park" set up & I want a flower pot too.

I don't think they have Ubers in Glamis.

I would imagine Brianna is used to her mom's histrionics and thought this was just another case of Vicki being dramatic and crying wolf rather than being seriously injured.

3 hours ago, ghoulina said:

Tamra really picked the wrong choice for a group trip. Between IVF and lung issues, two of her castmates can't show up. Then she nearly kills the other three. No, I'm not blaming Tamra, it was an accident. But damn, that really turned into a nightmare. I was surprised that Kelly wasn't one of the severely hurt ones, considering her helmet immediately flew off during the crash. What an idiot she was for loosening it. 

I really appreciated the way Heather behaved during the entire crisis. She was very calm and reassuring to everyone. Obviously both Tam and Vicki are okay long term, but I wonder just what the extent of their injuries were, how they knew to airlift Vicki to what seems to be a bigger hospital, while just transporting Tamra more local. 

I don't mean to sound like a bitch, but I find it kind of ironic that Brianna is too sick to come see Vicki in the hospital. None of the girls are jumping at the chance either. I know it's supposed to be sad, but she's done this to herself. Maybe Mike will come? 

But that entire trip was a mess from the get go. Kelly puking all over the RV. Gag. That poor driver. (Speaking of the driver, what does he do once he gets them all there? Hang out? Sit in the chair the entire time? Leave....somehow?) And, of course, Vicki starts screaming and acting like a 5-year-old and making it all worse. Heather, once again, is the calm one. Getting a trash can, handling the situation. Say what you will about her, but her mothering instincts are strong and she's good under pressure. 

It was nice of her to have a special weekend with Nicky, but the poor child is probably traumatized now. "Is she always like this?" Re Vicky - yes, yes she is. 

Meanwhile, Megan is pregnant. No shocker there. Now we're in for 9 months of drama about that. And I just can't figure Jimmy out. He says he doesn't like the Beadors, but I assume he's joking, because then he says he just talked to David about golfing the day before. His effect is soooo flat, it doesn't even come off as sarcasm. I cannot figure him out. 

When you have history of neck injury they automatically react a little more on the side of caution and not knowing Vicki is a loon her claims of numbness would sound pretty worrying.

Regarding Jimmy, I thought he was joking about hating the Beadors since he immediately then said he'd already talked to David.  His flat affect during his big joke made me think for the first time that he doesn't actually hate Meghan and is just that way all the time.  It made me buy into the fact that he may actually not want to slit his wrists over this new baby and is kind of excited.  You just can't tell because he just always looks slightly pained to be there no matter what.

3 hours ago, Duke2801 said:

I could not disagree more.  Am I really going to drive 45 minutes out of my way for a coworker who I - at best - merely tolerate and - at worst - has said publicly that my marriage won't last another year (or 3 years-whatever nasty thing Vicki said at the sex party)?  Yeah, fuck that.  I'm totally Team Megan on this one.  

I thought that the trip sounded absolutely wretched even before this week's hellacious episode aired. And now, let's see...  puking, a road trip that took twice as long as it should have, a serious car wreck and - worst of all-- having to endure Kelly and her Uncle Fester husband?  Um, I don't blame Shannon one damn bit.  In fact, her unwillingness to participate in that ridiculous trip just once again proves why she's my favorite OC housewife of all time!

And furthermore about Kelly.  As if I needed another reason to dislike her.  Then she goes and clogs the toilet and makes poor Nicky have to go pee in the tumbleweeds. I mean, I'm SURE she's had either motion and/or altitude sickness before, so why in the world wouldn't she take some precautions ahead of time?? Oh and her shitty little "Well, my RV isn't fancy like Heather's but at least it doesn't smell like puke" talking head?  Girl is just begging for a neck punch (I VOLUNTEER AS TRIBUTE!!)

The only parts of the episode that were even remotely enjoyable involved Heather and Nicky.  He's a cutie and real sharp snark-er. "Are you sure she's not drunk?"  Yep, I like that kid!

Not to defend Kelly, but I'd probably puke going over the Ortegas in a giant RV too and I don't normally get motion sick.  I've only ever gotten motion sick twice in my life.  Both times were when I was kid.  Once we were driving down from Big Bear in the snow and my dad went off the road and the other time was a trip over the Ortegas.

• Love 9
1 hour ago, KLovestoShop said:

Are we sure Kelly said "vowel renewal" and not "bowel renew"?

There's a couple of kids next door, ages 3 and 4, who both have kiddie size ATV's.  They drive them all over their yard and crash them into the two trees.  I'm waiting for an accident with these two because I think they are way too young for those things.  

A bowel renewal is what Vicki will need once Kelly crawls out of it after they turn on each other. You know that Bitch ain't leaving without doing some damage. Brianna is never leaving mommie's rear end because she likes the cozy lifestyle it gives her. 

• Love 5
30 minutes ago, Rottiemommie said:

Uhh no Vicki. It's actually National Recovery Month. As someone who works in the field of psych/addiction medicine, this offends me.

Every month has multiple awareness campaigns. September has insurance, recovery, childhood cancer, mold, prostate, Hispanic heritage, honey, lots more. It's not even the busiest month for national  awareness

• Love 8

The "cuteness" factor of letting a kid pee on the side of the road loses it's charisma should you get a CHP officer w/o a sense of humor watching?

You open your self up to a world of shit - from a warning to a summons for something stupid like and generic like 'child endangerment'. Truckers love Gatorade bottles because of the large opening and they can be sealed up again.

Each Season I really try and like Jim Edmonds but he is such a tool.  First off if he can't be visibly supportive of his wife's pregnancy, be supportive of the fact this is her job and don't try and sound above everyone.   Apparently, he bitched and moaned about having to attend Shannon's birthday party and bitched and moaned some more about having to spend an afternoon playing golf with them.   Jim seems to not understand the ladies need to be filmed to get paid.

Tamra and Vicki acting as if they have never heard of Shannon's lung issues is hogwash.  They all had their moment when Shannon had to use a daily nebulizer as part of her health routine, they knew about her bronchial condition from last year, so Tamra and Vicki acting as if it was ruse to get out of going is ridiculous.

So when the call came in about Vicki, I am assuming the production crew set up at Meghan's got the news before Meghan.  I thought Meghan did her best given the situation-guests enroute, we have no idea how far away they are when  Meghan got the call-were David and Shannon suppose to turn around and go home?  Or go to the hospital?  Could David and Jim stayed behind and golfed?  If Vicki were truly seriously injured what could Meghan have done?  Had Meghan and Shannon showed up would Vicki have then turned it against them claiming they were fake friends? 

As much as Heather likes to throw numbers out there like three hours-it is closer to two hours from Glamis to Palm Springs and two hours back to Orange County.  I would think since Heather had a driver, she would have packed up and headed for the hospital or Kelly and her husband could have driven in his car.  If an in person visit was necessary, it should have been someone from Galmis, as they had all of Vicki's stuff.  I am not buying the who is the closest BS.  As it stands now, Vicki is citing some sort of moral failure on Meghan's part for not going.  

Meghan usually bores me but I did think it appropriate to call Tamra out on her reckless behavior.  She was reckless and needs to take responsibility for it. There is no doubt in mind Dr. Dubrow off camera probably had some pretty strong words about Tamra and endangering his wife.

The bottom line for me right now, is Tamra is reckless with her mouth so as to set up arguments and now she is reckless while driving a dune buggy.  I can't imagine production is going to let Tamra set up any more adventures.  The preview of her attacking Shannon next week over Shannon being upset that Vicki is the victim is just absurd.   

• Love 12
1 hour ago, Ubiquitous said:

I hate to defend Kelly, but my folks go camping (but not in anything as fancy as on this show!), and they warned me not to flush paper towels or wet wipes down the camper toilet or it'll get blocked up.

The admonition against paper towels or wet wipes is because when you empty the holding tank, those items remain solid and can clog the outflow pipe.  It has nothing to do with the toilet itself.  I said upthread that since Kelly said, "Where's the bathroom?" and then said the toilet wouldn't flush, it's likely she just hadn't been shown how to operate it. 

22 minutes ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Yeah, it's a little remote for that.  Plus I don't think a dune buggy fits their standards.

Not to defend Kelly, but I'd probably puke going over the Ortegas in a giant RV too and I don't normally get motion sick. 

If she was getting carsick, then why in the world didn't she go sit up front in the passenger seat?  It's kind of weird riding that high up with the huge windshield, but it's got to be better than sitting sideways in the back.

• Love 6

I know it is verboten to break the 4th wall. But I wish Meghan had said it was Production's responsibility to go to Vicki not hers nor Shannon's. Meghan is under alot of stress getting and staying pregnant, she gets a pass. She didn't need the extra stress Vicki would add and you know she would. I say once again why didn't Kelly go. Fester was there to care for their daughter.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Vickie - you were in the ER for 9 hours and you had to take a car service home.

Having spent more than my fair share of time in the local ER between my accident prone then adolescent and later teenage son and my elderly father (heart disease, reduced kidney function, dementia) you simply assume a bare minimum of 4 hours and add on from there if it's something really serious, if there's a line waiting for treatment or it's just a busy night. 9 hours isn't that big a deal, especially if the facility is busy. It's not a fun way to spend a day but it sounds like a basic check up (x-rays. MRI, etc), treat and release to me. If the drs suspected a possible serious problem they would, at the very least, admit her overnight for observation.

And kudos to Megan for declining to scurry to the hospital to hold the hand of Ms Vicki--a woman who was incredibly nasty to her, lied repeatedly over multiple months then switched gears to deny knowledge of anything (didn't know nuthin' about birthin' babies, to paraphrase Prissy), finally trying to paint herself as a victim. I wouldn't have gone either.

Sorry, but no casseroles from me.

Edited by Beden
  • Love 20
19 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

Each Season I really try and like Jim Edmonds but he is such a tool.  First off if he can't be visibly supportive of his wife's pregnancy, be supportive of the fact this is her job and don't try and sound above everyone.   Apparently, he bitched and moaned about having to attend Shannon's birthday party and bitched and moaned some more about having to spend an afternoon playing golf with them.   Jim seems to not understand the ladies need to be filmed to get paid.

Tamra and Vicki acting as if they have never heard of Shannon's lung issues is hogwash.  They all had their moment when Shannon had to use a daily nebulizer as part of her health routine, they knew about her bronchial condition from last year, so Tamra and Vicki acting as if it was ruse to get out of going is ridiculous.

So when the call came in about Vicki, I am assuming the production crew set up at Meghan's got the news before Meghan.  I thought Meghan did her best given the situation-guests enroute, we have no idea how far away they are when  Meghan got the call-were David and Shannon suppose to turn around and go home?  Or go to the hospital?  Could David and Jim stayed behind and golfed?  If Vicki were truly seriously injured what could Meghan have done?  Had Meghan and Shannon showed up would Vicki have then turned it against them claiming they were fake friends? 

As much as Heather likes to throw numbers out there like three hours-it is closer to two hours from Glamis to Palm Springs and two hours back to Orange County.  I would think since Heather had a driver, she would have packed up and headed for the hospital or Kelly and her husband could have driven in his car.  If an in person visit was necessary, it should have been someone from Galmis, as they had all of Vicki's stuff.  I am not buying the who is the closest BS.  As it stands now, Vicki is citing some sort of moral failure on Meghan's part for not going.  

Meghan usually bores me but I did think it appropriate to call Tamra out on her reckless behavior.  She was reckless and needs to take responsibility for it. There is no doubt in mind Dr. Dubrow off camera probably had some pretty strong words about Tamra and endangering his wife.

The bottom line for me right now, is Tamra is reckless with her mouth so as to set up arguments and now she is reckless while driving a dune buggy.  I can't imagine production is going to let Tamra set up any more adventures.  The preview of her attacking Shannon next week over Shannon being upset that Vicki is the victim is just absurd.   

What are you going to do?

Pull a personalized Louisville Slugger and beat the crap out of him? ; )

the accident shows a few things, Bicks kids probably were holding their breath, does bicki have her will all set up?

Mudhen.........had she gone? She would hold that over Bick's head, but she had the chance to show she was a 'bigger' person. Should bicks ignore the baby's birth - mudhen MIGHT just take that as a tit for tat?

As fucked up as this may sound?

Dr terry is looking for a way out. Trust me, I know the signs.

He keeps talking about spending more time at home? Yet, I saw a few minutes of the BBN show and he's driving across country with Dr N and they are fucking around buying cowboy boot and cutting up. (BTW, Dr Terry is a mean, rude asshole. His jokes about Paul Nassif's weight and looks were pretty revolting. I do get the 'buddy road trip' idea, but I'd be hard pressed to sit in a car with that asshole.)

1 hour ago, ScoobieDoobs said:

Anyone fiddling with their helmets is also taking great risks.  Sorry to those who seem offended by comments on how dangerous this looks -- I meant driving those vehicles in that particular area.  I know nothing about it & have zero interest in participating.  Still looks dangerous as hell to me.  I'll stay far away, thanks.

Fiddling with a helmet isn't advised, you can play the piano or guitar, tho.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, dosodog said:

Oh Fancy Pants.  You are just beyond belief.  Personal chef.  Pre cooking your food.   Pathetic.  Camping food is some if the best food ever.  And most of it gets cooked on a stick.  Except for smores.  We do that in ice cream cones now.  Melted chocolate and marshmallows in an ice cream cone.   Mmmmm.

[snip]  I could camp with Tamra.  I think she would even be nice about my lowly tent. 

How do you toast ice cream cones over a fire? And if you camp in a tent how do you keep the cones frozen? ?

And how are these the cones cooked over the fire without a stick, a grill or something? Paula Deen Wizard combo here. 

• Love 2
20 minutes ago, Muffyn said:

Meghan getting her blood drawn was Vicki level histrionics.  If I wasn't looking at the screen, I would have thought she was having a limb removed without anesthetic.   

In the last year I have had more 'pricks' than a ten dollar whore.

go get a colonoscopy or a cystoscopy, after that a little small gauge needle ain't shit.

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Petunia13 said:

How do you toast ice cream cones over a fire? And if you camp in a tent how do you keep the cones frozen? ?

And how are these the cones cooked over the fire without a stick, a grill or something? Paula Deen Wizard combo here. 

Dry Ice, You add powdered water to it and it keeps the just heated cones cool.

Be careful when handling the dry ice?

• Love 1
  58 minutes ago, QuinnM said:

Having spent more than my fair share of time in the local ER between my accident prone then adolescent and later teenage son and my elderly father (heart disease, reduced kidney function, dementia) you simply assume a bare minimum of 4 hours and add on from there if it's something really serious, if there's a line waiting for treatment or it's just a busy night. 9 hours isn't that big a deal, especially if the facility is busy. It's not a fun way to spend a day but it sounds like a basic check up (x-rays. MRI, etc), treat and release to me. If the drs suspected a possible serious problem they would, at the very least, admit her overnight for observation.

And kudos to Megan for declining to scurry to the hospital to hold the hand of Ms Vicki--a woman who was incredibly nasty to her, lied repeatedly over multiple months then switched gears to deny knowledge of anything (didn't know nuthin' about birthin' babies, to paraphrase Prissy), finally trying to paint herself as a victim. I wouldn't have gone either.

Not to mention, if you are in the hospital, you probably only want very close friends and family visiting. You're in pain, looking and feeling your worst, and not in the mood to entertain some random, much less someone you can't stand. Talk about stress.

Does anyone else recall Tamara used to have a lot of brown age spots all over from her youthful days in the sun? And now her skin looks like a 12 year old's. Did she have all of those marks lasered off or is she covering it up with makeup, or is that from the weird Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds commercial filter the camera crew uses?

• Love 2
48 minutes ago, Felynn said:

Every month has multiple awareness campaigns. September has insurance, recovery, childhood cancer, mold, prostate, Hispanic heritage, honey, lots more. It's not even the busiest month for national  awareness

Well, I hit FIVE of the ones you mentioned.

Gonna go play the lottery later on! This could be my lucky month?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Not to defend Kelly, but I'd probably puke going over the Ortegas in a giant RV too and I don't normally get motion sick.  I've only ever gotten motion sick twice in my life.  Both times were when I was kid.  Once we were driving down from Big Bear in the snow and my dad went off the road and the other time was a trip over the Ortegas.

Ok fair enough.  And after writing my post, I did recall getting some unexpected motion sickness driving from San Francisco to Muir Woods -- and I'd never experienced motion sickness of any kind before that! (luckily mine was just nausea though).  So perhaps I was a bit harsh in that respect.

I still think her smart ass talking head about it was shitty though. 

Edited by Duke2801
  • Love 5
57 minutes ago, zoeysmom said:

I was thinking the same thing too as to why Heather expected Meg to go to the hospital when Vick's purse and clothes were with them in Glamis.  Heather may be good in a crisis but she sucks in the aftermath.  I have no doubt she would be more concerned about getting 'her' purse than having someone she doesn't like to be there.  Vicks dear friend, Kelly, could have driven (her husband obviously got there by car) to the hospital with her stuff.  Heck, her husband could have done it as well. 

Sorry but the Glamis group argument in going after Meg or Shannon doesn't cut it.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, Ubiquitous said:

As for whether Meghan should have visited Vicki in the hospital, I have mixed feelings about it. On the one hand, she was closest to the hospital but on the other, what good would it do? I am assuming they wouldn't allow her to visit or tell her much about Vicki's condition b/c she's not a relative. I think Meghan could have called the hospital and gotten the same results, unless Vicki is considered to be a "celebrity" and gets extra privacy.

I was thinking about being in the hospital and the first time I was admitted I had some of my co-workers stop in to see me.

It's not the optimal place to be stuck and entertain, but so is life? I really didn't like these fools, but it was appreciated.

there is no right answer to this one - too many personalities involved and too many people keeping score?

• Love 3

Each Season I really try and like Jim Edmonds but he is such a tool. 

I happened to have listened to the second of Andy Cohen's books on audio.  (Don't judge me I do 5 miles a day.  I get bored!)  So Edmonds is a real close pal.  He worships Edmonds.  Edmonds was pitching the wife before the divorce.  This isn't just that Andy thinks they're friends.  This is that Andy thinks he's a god.  I think it has something to do with St. Louis and the Cardinals.

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Petunia13 said:

LOL!  You use an empty ice cream cone and fill it with mini marshmallows and chocolate pieces.  Wrap that up in foil and turn over the campfire grill occasionally.

I do wish Heather had tried to let go and just tried camping like so many of us do.  It's okay to get dirty--one of the greatest pleasures in life is that shower after camping.  Plus campfire food over a grill is fine dining in its own way.

It's like she went to New Orleans and purposely ate at Bubba Gump's Shrimp house instead of a hole in the wall that has original, local food.

• Love 3
6 minutes ago, dosodog said:

I do wish Heather had tried to let go and just tried camping like so many of us do.  It's okay to get dirty--one of the greatest pleasures in life is that shower after camping.  Plus campfire food over a grill is fine dining in its own way.

It's like she went to New Orleans and purposely ate at Bubba Gump's Shrimp house instead of a hole in the wall that has original, local food.

She's probably camped as a kid and didn't like it then. Or maybe she knows herself really well and doesn't like those things. I've been camping and I lived in an African village as a kid for almost 3 years. I fucking hate camping. My youngest brother wasn't born when we lived in Africa. We took a trip to visit my dad's village a couple of years ago and that was my youngest brother's first opportunity to visit. We were barely out of the car when decided that he hated it and would never come back. My brother likes his modern conveniences. Maybe Heather is the same way.

I had a boyfriend try to convince me to go to Bonnaroo. I told him it combined things that I liked with things I hated. Liked--music and boyfriend. Hated--hipsters and camping. Needless to say, I didn't go.

• Love 14
  1 hour ago, Beden said:
  2 hours ago, QuinnM said:

Not to mention, if you are in the hospital, you probably only want very close friends and family visiting. You're in pain, looking and feeling your worst, and not in the mood to entertain some random, much less someone you can't stand. Talk about stress.

Does anyone else recall Tamara used to have a lot of brown age spots all over from her youthful days in the sun? And now her skin looks like a 12 year old's. Did she have all of those marks lasered off or is she covering it up with makeup, or is that from the weird Elizabeth Taylor White Diamonds commercial filter the camera crew uses?

I think Vicki would cheerfully welcome a hospital visit from Adolf Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer if they came accompanied by TV cameras.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, ElDosEquis said:

Dr terry is looking for a way out. Trust me, I know the signs. He keeps talking about spending more time at home? Yet, I saw a few minutes of the BBN show and he's driving across country with Dr N and they are fucking around buying cowboy boot and cutting up. (BTW, Dr Terry is a mean, rude asshole. His jokes about Paul Nassif's weight and looks were pretty revolting. I do get the 'buddy road trip' idea, but I'd be hard pressed to sit in a car with that asshole.)

I wondered if Terry was as much of an asshole to Dr Nassif on the new show as the original. It sounds like he is!

The thought that Terry is purposefully avoiding spending time with Heather has crossed my mind as well.

• Love 3

Didn't Tamra have to go to the hospital after she fell off of the bull ride at Heather's ground breaking ho down and now this?  She needs to be put in bubble wrap.

I am beginning to believe that Briana is not so sick from her surgery but rather enabled, I bet there is some post partum depression issues lingering combined with maybe not really happy with her weight (yes, a side effect from a bum thyroid so don't get all preachy about that).  She does not need an orange right now, she needs some professional help from the neck up.

I've never understood why people get so snarky about Briana being sick. It's my understanding that she's rather seriously ill, which I'm sure isn't helped by her lack of help from her mother and the stress of going through a move and a remodel, mostly without her husband, and with two high-energy little boys running around.

• Love 14

I do wish Heather had tried to let go and just tried camping like so many of us do.  It's okay to get dirty--one of the greatest pleasures in life is that shower after camping.  

Did you hear, after the accident, after Heather told him she was fine, after she triaged Vickie and was headed over to Tamra ... Her son says, Mom, wipe your face.  Awww, apple didn't fall far from the tree.

• Love 10
16 hours ago, mbaywife123 said:

I don't blame Megan for not hauling ass to go to the hospital for Vicki. I would not have gone either. I would have said good wishes for her and left it at that.

Unfortunatly for Vicki she turned herself into the girl who cried wolf/chicken little person.

To be honest, I wouldn't go to the hospital either! My coworker who I liked a lot had a brain anuersym ( spelled wrong sorry) at work ( i was with her at the time) and I went to go see her in the ICU and that was fairly traumatic.   I told my husband that if anything happens to me like that only family can visit. It felt very invasive and while the family was 100% ok with visitors i didn't think my coworker would want anyone to see her like that. 

Meghan  clearly doesn't like hospital environments so why would she stress herself out by visiting especially when she is newly pregnant AND she hates the person in the hospital? I also think she assumed that someone from production would have been there too.  Also if Vicki  was in the ICU or something you really don't want someone in there who can't handle hospitals it doesn't help the situation. 

Did anyone else find Brianna's reaction beyond weird? If I had gotten a phone call saying my mom got in a bad accident I would be freaking out. 

Anyway major Kudos to Heather for being very calm in a crisis.  It was interesting watching some actual reality for a change, even if I knew they would be fine. I had to keep reminding myself that wow this is a genuine reaction from the cast because they didn't know if they would be ok. 

I feel awful saying this but it was the best episode of housewives I've seen in a while...

• Love 11
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

I would imagine Brianna is used to her mom's histrionics and thought this was just another case of Vicki being dramatic and crying wolf rather than being seriously injured.

When you have history of neck injury they automatically react a little more on the side of caution and not knowing Vicki is a loon her claims of numbness would sound pretty worrying.

Regarding Jimmy, I thought he was joking about hating the Beadors since he immediately then said he'd already talked to David.  His flat affect during his big joke made me think for the first time that he doesn't actually hate Meghan and is just that way all the time.  It made me buy into the fact that he may actually not want to slit his wrists over this new baby and is kind of excited.  You just can't tell because he just always looks slightly pained to be there no matter what.

This! I don't want to excuse his "flatness", but he is a baseball player. My husband played baseball prior to joining the military and he exhibited the same flat, douchebag behavior that Jimmy does. Everyone I have met that played baseball had this arrogant, dullness to them. 

I don't think he is jumping for joy over the pregnancy, but I also don't think it a game ending play for him either. I think what we see on camera is a guy who lacks emotions and has a poor filter. His Instagram is the same exact way except with a little more affection towards Meghan. 

• Love 5

Okay, just got to watch the episode. Heather is a champ in times of need! Brava Heather!!

Vicki was having a massive panic attack, that is why her hands and lips were numb. Classic panic symptoms.....I know through personal experience, unfortunately. 

Those dunes and all the attendant activity looked like a horrible, horrible place to be. I used to work for the USFS at the Oregon Dunes. We had 1 million ATVers use the dunes each summer. Those vehicles on dunes are nothing to fuck with, but too many people do. I'm kinda shocked Bravo insurance allowed that trip. 

• Love 7
2 hours ago, yourmomiseasy said:

Exactly! When he said that about the Beadors, that made me rethink my entire stance on him. Maybe EVERYTHING he says is like that. I don't know. I'm still going to majorly snark on how he loves candles more than his wife. 

27 minutes ago, pbutler111 said:

I think Vicki would cheerfully welcome a hospital visit from Adolf Hitler and Jeffrey Dahmer if they came accompanied by TV cameras.

And casseroles. 

17 minutes ago, yogi2014L said:

Did anyone else find Brianna's reaction beyond weird? If I had gotten a phone call saying my mom got in a bad accident I would be freaking out. 

Well, this is the same mom that left her alone with two small children right after she was discharged from the hospital. She also likely views her mother as highly dramatic and wasn't sure if it was as bad as all that. Or it's possible production already called family members and then had Heather do it as well, for the show. But I think the latter is less likely. It looked like it happened too quickly for all that. 

• Love 8

Well now I know that under "emergency contact" in the lying pig's phone is Meghan's number.  I guess it has to be since her own son Michael probably uses a new burner phone every singe time. 

And I've never heard of any etiquette or social rules that blanket co-workers as having a obligation under courtesy to drop everything and go to the hospital as another's support system no matter how small the business or 'staff'.  Heck I know people who have had the shittiest of families and had to make the choice of cutting them off or sinking under the toxic behavior refuse to do the same in similar situations and see that as healthy even as people around them howled in disbelief that they were not rushing to be with a family member in time of "need" when their relationship was that same family member beating them, trying to kill them, stealing everything they had to pay for a drug/alcohol addiction or just telling them their entire life to a point they were stupid worthless and not loved by anyone. 

I also went through emergency surgery and was by my self for a week in hospital and two weeks under supervised recuperation and didn't see a loved one until I returned to the states almost a month later.  So boo-fucking-hoo Gunvalson.  You burn those bridges, deal with your ass having only one direction in life to go. 

So yay Meghan?!  Yeah.  YAY Meghan.

• Love 15
3 hours ago, Suck It Trebek said:

Wait. What?

On the set of The Challenge: Ruins, Evan and Kenny sexually assaulted an unconscious Tonya Cooley with someone's toothbrush. The crew continued to film and the only thing they did was to let the castmember whose toothbrush was used in the assault know that he needed to get a new toothbrush.

There was another rape on Real World: San Diego which caused them to throw out a month of footage.

Then there was the time that CT tried to murder Adam on The Challenge. The cast gave interviews where they said that they kept asking the crew and production to step in and the crew and production basically refused and told the cast to handle it. If you've seen that fight, it's pretty clear that saying that CT was trying to murder Adam was not an exaggeration.

Bunim Murray has been doing reality tv longer than anyone else and they've demonstrated that there is basically nothing that would cause them to step in and stop something dangerous and/or illegal. 

• Love 11

Regarding whether Meghan should have visited Vicki:

I had surgery for a soft ball sized ovarian cyst, which ended up being an endometrioma, and resulted in an oophorectomy.  No one had any warning because I went to the ER immediately following an abdominal ultrasound - because the radiologist ordered an additional transvaginal ultrasound, and the tech had a really bad poker face.  While waiting to go into surgery, I was able to reach my cousin and good friend (who couldn't make it pre-op), but couldn't reach my mom.  I had been in such pain for so long that I was actually so relieved to go into surgery, but I was unnerved by the surgeon telling me cancer was a possibility.  Anyway, I would have wanted nothing to do with a frenemy, and I actually took a nap while I was waiting.  Then right before I was taken into surgery, I heard the voice of a former co-worker that I always loved.  I'm not touchy feely, and I have a large personal space, but I hugged on that girl like crazy.  But if she was a co-worker I didn't care for, I would have hidden in my room and not sought her out.  No thanks.

• Love 6

I absolutely hate camping. I would have definitely gone with the sand in the lungs defense.  

I also wouldn't have gone to the hospital to see Vicki.  I guess I wouldn't have been in this episode at all. 

Edited by Bronzedog
  • Love 20
2 hours ago, TheVoicesToldMeTo said:

All three I suppose, she definitely wears a ton of makeup.  Her hair used to be fried and thin, too. I'm sure she has a shit ton of weave up in there.

Can't wait for the next episode. Looks like both Megan and Tamra piss off the uppity duo, Heather and Shannon. 

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Giselle said:

Glad Vicki didn't break her fucking neck. If she did we'd never hear the end of it and she would get a nice edit when they had to kick her ass off the show for health reasons.

I'm okay with Meghan's and Jim's response. They are not friends and Vicki has treated like Meghan like shit and swept her mean girl lying behavior under the rug and then played the victim. Kelly was Vicki's new bestie, why didn't she go to the hospital with her? Her husband was there to take care of their daughter.

I'll take an educated guess here - both Kelly and Tamra's mom were most likely too drunk to drive to Vicki's and Tamra's hospitals.

• Love 8