Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

Just watched that video of Jinger and Ben on Jessa's Facebook. It was a good, solid 8 minutes of pure comedy gold. (Actually, I find all of Jessa's posts to be a hilariously pathetic.) My favorite part was when they were describing how to be be rude and intrusive to people with their stupid tracts, and Jinger talks about sitting next to a Hindu. She pauses and says, "That's like a religion, (thanks for the clarification) and I'm like, Okkkaaay." No Jinger, you don't "Okkkaaaay" someone else's religion, as if some silly child had told you she was a real princess. 

They are so rude and dismissive it's disgusting. The misplaced, overblown, sense of self-righteousness and superiority is sickening. Not to mention ignorant. I bet any amount of money Jinger could not give one single fact about Hinduism other than, "It's, like, a religion."

The more the Duggars speak openly about their beliefs, the more convinced of their lunacy I become and the more determined I am to NEVER become that kind of person. So, thanks for that.

• Love 14

I don't think Famy should have to adapt her wedding (if this is where it is going) to the Duggars at all. In fact, I hope she chooses sleeveless bridesmaid's dresses & the Duggars are so appalled they don't attend. That would highlight their intolerance towards anyone different from themselves.

• Love 7

I don't think Famy should have to adapt her wedding (if this is where it is going) to the Duggars at all. In fact, I hope she chooses sleeveless bridesmaid's dresses & the Duggars are so appalled they don't attend. That would highlight their intolerance towards anyone different from themselves.

I hope Famy has real music, with a beat at her wedding.

• Love 3

I thought the same thing. Especially since she wasn't a bridesmaid in either wedding. Ok, she did get to sing at Jill's & I loved the dress she wore. She has better fashion sense than her cousins.

• Love 1

Amy should have whatever kind of wedding she wants. If Boob and Mullet don't approve, so what? She's not their daughter. I would love to see the Duggars at a traditional wedding reception. Boob and Mullet would have the fakest frozen smiles ever, and they'd probably leave their brood at home rather than expose them to all the sinful behavior. They'd probably just give the newlyweds side hugs , hit the buffet, and then leave quickly anyway. Mullet would be terrified that Boob might catch a glimpse of a female guest wearing an immodest short sleeveless dress of the type typically worn in the 21st century. Nike!

• Love 3

If Amy chooses to have any of her cousins in the wedding (my bet would be Joy, and maybe johannah as a flower girl), I could see her having modest bridesmaid dresses (at least for the cousins). I think she loves Joy so much that she would have a modest bridesmaid dress so that Joy wouldn't feel uncomfortable (and so that Jim Bob and Michelle would actuallly permit Joy to be in the wedding party).

• Love 2

And probably Deanna sits down for coffee with her husband and says "those poor kids..." Most families sort of act that way about their sibling's kids, don't they?

• Love 3

I hope Famy has real music, with a beat at her wedding.

LOL, for some reason this reminded me of TFDW leading the audience in song at his own wedding.  That was the BEST EVER!  

• Love 3

Ok folks, I have to ask now....I have watched the Priscilla and David wedding a few times when it was re-run on TV. I have missed this infamous "leading the congregation" in song that TFDW did....where is it in the episode? I'd love to see that!

I, for one, would very much like to see Amy Duggar/Jordan have the wedding that SHE wants...to heck with Uncky and Auntie Duggar..it's NOT their business... I hope she has a really tasteful ceremony and reception with real food, actual tables and chairs for her guests to sit, eat and mingle...alcohol tastefully served, if desired, and MUSIC....I hope her father gets that first dance with his daughter...I'm sure her parents had a hard road together in life...they didn't start out so easily and they found their way to each other...I hope they can show the Duggars that a reception with dancing isn't ungodly...Also, it would be VERY RUDE of the Duggars to leave after the ceremony and not respect the beliefs of his own blood sister and her household; after all, they put up with Jim Bob's crap, don't they? Now, TLC, that's a wedding I would watch... not so much that I care what Amy does, but I'd like to see what decisions the Duggars make? Will they dress like they are going to wash the cars, etc?? Is Grandma Duggar going to dance with any family member of HERS? She dated, danced and kissed her husband before marriage didn't she? She turned out fine...

• Love 4

I, for one, would very much like to see Amy Duggar/Jordan have the wedding that SHE wants...to heck with Uncky and Auntie Duggar..it's NOT their business... I hope she has a really tasteful ceremony and reception with real food, actual tables and chairs for her guests to sit, eat and mingle...alcohol tastefully served, if desired, and MUSIC....I hope her father gets that first dance with his daughter...I'm sure her parents had a hard road together in life...they didn't start out so easily and they found their way to each other...I hope they can show the Duggars that a reception with dancing isn't ungodly...Also, it would be VERY RUDE of the Duggars to leave after the ceremony and not respect the beliefs of his own blood sister and her household; after all, they put up with Jim Bob's crap, don't they? Now, TLC, that's a wedding I would watch... not so much that I care what Amy does, but I'd like to see what decisions the Duggars make? Will they dress like they are going to wash the cars, etc?? Is Grandma Duggar going to dance with any family member of HERS? She dated, danced and kissed her husband before marriage didn't she? She turned out fine...

Is Amy engaged?

I read someplace he's currently in the Phillipines for a month with a couple of the Bates doing missionary work converting Catholics to Gothardites.  Just what they need…NOT

Josiah is on the mission trip with two of the Bateseseses Nathan and Lawson. I haven't seen anything or heard anything about Joe going.

• Love 2

Thank you, DoctorsCompanion.

So not really engaged, I get it; don't like it , but I get it. It's an evolutionary process to getting officially engaged. How long does it take to find an engagement ring? Years ago I used to sell jewelry and I always advised men to buy the biggest diamond solitaire they could afford or finance and not to worry about the style of ring bc together they could come back and pick out the mounting or design one themself and I would credit him for the simple solitaire mounting. Easy peasy. It took a lot of guesswork and pressure off the guy. Men usually pick out more expensive, better quality and bigger diamonds than most women do -- and they're better customers bc they're more decisive. When a guy wants to get married/engaged, he doesn't pussyfoot around. I hope Amy's not pressuring this guy. I like Amy a lot, but I don't see her getting her own show. Amy is fun to watch, in small doses.

• Love 5
(edited)

Amy has been at this point before and still hasn't been engaged.  Maybe this time is real, but I won't count on it until they announce the wedding date.

Edited by Absolom
  • Love 4
(edited)

I checked out the boyfriend's Twitter & he seems OK...good ole boy, Southern redneck type, not my type --but if he makes her happy then who can argue with that? Honestly, I think she can do better, but she doesn't seem to have a good "picker". My sis-in-law is the same. Married 3x, she picks inferior men, and then they end up cheating on her.

Edited by msblossom

Is this the poor guy who was in the auto accident who is keeping company with Amy? I understand she is/was nursing him back to health....that is very kind of her to do so...however, I wonder if this has anything to do with the "engagement"...to happen? It could be momentary gratitude the guy feels for her...but not the "real" marrying type of love...Just a possibility. If they do go ahead with it, though, I do hope that it's the real thing for them, otherwise, I'm pretty sure Amy's auntie and uncle will say it's because the dated and didn't court.....God wasn't in it...Now that would be mean and narrowminded of them...but we know they already are.

• Love 1

Yes, Amy's quasi-fiancé/boyfriend is the poor guy who was in a bad car accident. They seem to know each other very well over the last 5 years as friends as far as I can tell by scanning over his tweets real quickly. He seems fairly normal, if not a bit bored, as far as I can surmise. He works, enjoys his beer and food, and likes his truck. Hope it works out the way Amy wants.

nor do I, but heaven knows i'm going to be single forever, so i'm not sure my thoughts count. Anyway, shouldnt a proposal be like here is a ring which is a symbol of our love? does the ring even matter? (my parents are immigrants and all, they don't have rings. on the flip side, in high school, the boyfriend of my teacher proposed with two rings) I think too much of a deal is being placed on the ring.

• Love 2

I say both parties should be involved, so if you're going with rings, the one who has to wear it, ends up with something they like. I'm not a ring person, and I think diamonds are overrated and massively overpriced, so I'd be happy with a plastic dinosaur ring (the choice my Sims always turn down, because apparently they're fancier than me), but when my friend got engaged, her boyfriend said he wanted the ring to be a surprise, so they compromised with her showing him a selection she liked, and then him picking one without her there, so she didn't know exactly which one she was getting.

So if Amy wants to be there to chose her which ring she ends up with, I won't judge her for that.

I've always wondered if we Swedes are the only ones who go shopping for engagement rings together. I guess so? Possibly because both parties get rings at the engagement and then the woman (if it's a man/woman marriage) get an extra ring at the wedding.

Talking about a Famy wedding got me thinking about Mary Duggar finally getting to attend a regular wedding... unless she has attended the weddings of children of her friends... which got me thinking... does Mary Dugger even have a group of friends in the outside world?  I sure hope so.  But I've never seen any signs of that.  Bates don't count.

• Love 1

I have not watched this show in years and decided to catch some new ones. Can I adopt Jason? He is like my Duggar spirit animal. I hope the Duggars are too exhausted and brain dead at this point to send him to any Gothard shit to change his snark and style.

Talking about a Famy wedding got me thinking about Mary Duggar finally getting to attend a regular wedding... unless she has attended the weddings of children of her friends... which got me thinking... does Mary Dugger even have a group of friends in the outside world?  I sure hope so.  But I've never seen any signs of that.  Bates don't count.

I'm sure hoping she has friends but no doubt Boob has control who she sees &when. ("When you finish that load of laundry, then you can go out.") Joking aside, it would be nice if she could travel for a month with friends, not the circus. I'm sure there's a Senior Center in their area she could be a part of. On the old episode when she goes to the Gothard Widow's Lunch, she was with friends. What a shame if she's limiting her life by being a part of Boob's.

Was watching the latest episode and was struck by what a beautiful child Jenny is. She's going to be the Jessa of that bunch, both in looks and general detachment. Parents tend to get lenient with younger kids, so I bet by the time she comes of age she'll have her pick of men, the rules will be more relaxed and may well end up choosing someone not so fundie.

I also remember the episode where she got glasses, and in her TH she said "I like purple. I hate pink," and she was wearing pink ribbons as she said it. Do these people even listen to their kids? I wonder who picks out their clothes, or if there's just so much pink stuff it's impossible to avoid.

• Love 1

Was watching the latest episode and was struck by what a beautiful child Jenny is. She's going to be the Jessa of that bunch, both in looks and general detachment. Parents tend to get lenient with younger kids, so I bet by the time she comes of age she'll have her pick of men, the rules will be more relaxed and may well end up choosing someone not so fundie.

I also remember the episode where she got glasses, and in her TH she said "I like purple. I hate pink," and she was wearing pink ribbons as she said it. Do these people even listen to their kids? I wonder who picks out their clothes, or if there's just so much pink stuff it's impossible to avoid.

Oh I think Jennifer is by far the most beautiful Duggar child and will surpass the others. She does seem to know her own mind too. I love that she wants to be a doctor when she grows up. Sadly, her parents will likely not encourage this, nor do they provide her with quality education.

I don't think Michelle ever dresses her younger daughters or fixes their hair, it's the job of one of the older girls. So whoever her buddy is didn't seem to care about Jennifer's preferences for ribbon color.

• Love 3

Was that a Gothard widows' luncheon? I had no idea...I thought it was an area church's event or a community outreach event of some sort..they conveniently didn't mention that, or I missed it! I would think that Mary Duggar, being from that area MUST have some lady friends of her own, but they never mention it, show it, or indicate that she has any sort of life outside of that compound. I also notice that she seems to have given up wearing pants? Why would that be if this is merely 'Michelle's own personal conviction" for HERSELF as stated by Michelle? Because she is full of it, that's why.

I also have noticed that Jenny doesn't wear her glasses on the show anymore. How is that girl seeing properly? Also, many of them DO need glasses and HAVE them, but are never photographed wearing them...I'm glad Ben wears his when he needs to...I would imagine with his allergies, some days it's just not possible for him and say what we want about the kid, I'm sorry he has such bad allergies; I don't wish them on anyone...I hope he gets better...,maybe he should move to another part of the country?

I also have noticed that Jenny doesn't wear her glasses on the show anymore. How is that girl seeing properly? Also, many of them DO need glasses and HAVE them, but are never photographed wearing them...I'm glad Ben wears his when he needs to...I would imagine with his allergies, some days it's just not possible for him and say what we want about the kid, I'm sorry he has such bad allergies; I don't wish them on anyone...I hope he gets better...,maybe he should move to another part of the country?

Pretty sure they're just reading glasses. I'm kind of surprised that none of them wear glasses, just contacts. I think they'd look cute and differentiate some of the kids from one another. But then if one of the older kids wore them it might give the impression that they're bookish or erudite and we can't have that! ;)

Edited by EarlGreyTea
  • Love 2

Actually, they all have glasses and contact lenses, except maybe for Jennifer...Jessa, Jill, Michelle and Jennifer have all been filmed wearing them maybe once, but they make no real attempt to wear the glasses, just the contacts, and I think that's being vain...they aren't supposed to care much about their outside physical appearance, right? Like I said earlier, kudos to Ben for wearing them when he needs to.. the poor guy has terrible allergies, aside from his "spiritual views", I'm sorry he has to deal with allergies... see, "heathens" can have compassion and love for others...

they aren't supposed to care much about their outside physical appearance, right?

Actually they're supposed to care loads about their physical appearance, especially their "countenance". Thus the massive amounts of make-up, big hair and no glasses in public. It's a Gothard thing.

• Love 2

I find their appearance meter changes depending when you speak to them. I think if they cared about how they looked, clothing-wise, they would have dressed in a more pleasant fashion, ie matching tops and bottoms, clothes that fit correctly and are the correct color for their complexion, hair, etc...Michelle surely doesn't put one ounce of thought in to looking good at all, just thought in to looking frumpy, IMO...the girls are coming of age and are making some better fashion decisions, (not Jill), but they might be influenced by TLC and the media machine that fuels them...I just see that "line" being quite wiggly as to where those rules and boundaries are lately...But, yes, their faces are quite made up along with their very alluring long hair...what message ARE they sending out there?

• Love 1

All of the older Duggar girls (except Jana & Joy) & teenaged Duggar boys have acute acne. Wish they'd invest in some Pro-Activ for these kids. And Jessa & Jinger wear a lot of foundation over the top of their pimply faces which looks like a big bumpy mess. Those Duggar hormones must be really upset, lol.

• Love 1

Florida mom-I didn't know it was A Gothard widows luncheon either until another poster commented about it when the episode was shown. IIRC, Grandma had her picture taken with him which was shown during the episode but no reference was made that it was him.

Actually, they all have glasses and contact lenses, except maybe for Jennifer...Jessa, Jill, Michelle and Jennifer have all been filmed wearing them maybe once, but they make no real attempt to wear the glasses, just the contacts, and I think that's being vain...they aren't supposed to care much about their outside physical appearance, right?

Depending on how bad their eyes are, contacts may actually be better for them. My eyes are pretty bad (one eye is -10 and the other is -8.5) and my eye doctor actually told me he could better correct my vision with contacts. Plus, I'd be able to see out of my periphery (because they don't make wrap around glasses). I have an old pair of glasses that I use after I take my contacts out at night (mostly from the bathroom/while I'm reading in bed), just because if I don't have something my uncorrected vision is super fuzzy and it's annoying.

And there's the school of thought that because contacts keep slight pressure on your corneas they actually can stop your eyes from getting worse (or at least slow down vision worsening).

I don't know why the Duggars all choose contacts (they tend to be more expensive than glasses, for example), but it may not necessarily be tied to vanity.

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2

McManda, are you me???? I've never met another -10, -8.5!  I also wear my contacts all day, every day, except for those few moments after getting up/before going to sleep.  My ophthalmologist yells at me every year, but I really can't see with my glasses.

• Love 1