Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, Spencer Hastings said:

Some childcare centers around here require the staff to wear scrubs.  Scrubs are generally for medical facilities but they also work for comfort and no frills type places.

In Amy’s case, the scrubs would probably be best because teenage girls in particular focus so much on fashion and are mean about it.  They’re mean to each other, they’re mean to adults, they’re mean to people in power.  I never felt self conscious about what I was wearing until I started working with middle school girls in an impoverished area. Suddenly I was stressing over outfits and what the girls would say about me.  I wish I’d had scrubs!  Amy’s facility may have recommended them for minimal distraction

Well, that's a good thing.  Otherwise, you don't know what Amy would wear. 

Counting On 2.png

• Love 10
22 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video:

2134CFA8-4C11-4329-BD71-07018F3B2845.jpeg

I listened.  For a second.  So they are trying to make Josie happen.  Mkay.  She sounded like every other screechy little girl singing.  I know I am mean so I will retire to the Prayer Closet and think long and hard about my attitude.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, Natalie68 said:

So they are trying to make Josie happen.  Mkay.  She sounded like every other screechy little girl singing.

Hey, when Amy and Lawson Bates are the bar setters, there's no place to go but up. 

• Love 13
(edited)

THis came up in my facebook news feed, it is a list of popular names and how society stereotypes them, it is from 1986.  I loved that it says Jasons are "hugely popular" and Jason is the one we say...."There is a Jason?" :D 

Joseph: Earnest but dull lol

Edited by LittlePeas3
because I kept reading
  • Love 7
(edited)

I was born in 1986. I feel like my parents had that baby name book. The font looks familiar, if that makes sense. 

And lol at Joseph - "intelligent, earnest, but dull".

Edited by McManda
  • Love 2
(edited)
20 minutes ago, kaleidoscope said:

That Olan Mills photo brought back memories.  I had dresses like those.  Jessa was absolutely adorable!

seeing Josie hold Meredith wasn’t scandalous to me. She was sitting next to what appeared to be an adult, and probably just wanted to hold her new  niece.  Not that they don’t train them early, and Michelle is garbage but little girls like to hold new babies. It makes them feel grown.  I had a ton of little cousins growing up so I get it.

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

That Olan Mills photo brought back memories.  I had dresses like those.  Jessa was absolutely adorable!

seeing Josie hold Meredith wasn’t scandalous to me. She was sitting next to what appeared to be an adult, and probably just wanted to hold her new  niece.  Not that they don’t train them early, and Michelle is garbage but little girls like to hold new babies. It makes them feel grown.  I had a ton of little cousins growing up so I get it.

Taking photos of the kids holding the new baby while sitting on the couch is a pretty routine thing, IMO. I know there are bunches of pics like that in my family. I don't think Precious Josie will ever be pressed into sister-mom duty.

• Love 17

Exactly Doodlebug.  What’s more precious than when the new big brother or sister gets to “hold” the new baby the first time?  Even though they don’t realize you’re really supporting the baby the whole time. 

It’s good for the babies to be around the little children too, and it might give mom a break (not Michelle though) to eat in peace for once.  I had more issues with them standing on chairs to cook entire dinners or cleaning their parents disgusting love nest ? 

• Love 9
15 hours ago, LittlePeas3 said:

THis came up in my facebook news feed, it is a list of popular names and how society stereotypes them, it is from 1986.  I loved that it says Jasons are "hugely popular" and Jason is the one we say...."There is a Jason?" :D 

Joseph: Earnest but dull lol

OMG!  My sisters and I are 80s babies--my mom had that book and I remember that page!  I didn't remember some of these being so harsh.  Ouch.

• Love 4
10 minutes ago, Lady Edith said:

17?  He is 17?  Imho he doesn’t look a day over 13!

I could be wrong, but I don't think the main picture (the one with JB) is particularly recent. Sad (but not surprising) if the only photo they could find of him with mom or dad was several years old.

That said, the two pictures of him in the maroon shirts are fairly recent, and he does still look younger than his age.

• Love 2

There’s a new filter on IG stories this week that I’ve been loving, a Q&A and people are getting pretty into it.  Amy did one, and it’s quite enlightening with how much shade was thrown.

She was asked about her relationship with the Duggars since they’re so different, she replied “no comment :)”.

She was asked for some dating tips and she replied to never date anyone with temper/anger issues bc you will be walking on eggshells your whole life.  

She was asked how many kids they want and she said 2, that way they can get plenty of quality time with mom and dad. She thinks 2 is a good number.

She is not interested in any more reality TV.

When asked which cousin she is closest with, she evaded the whole thing and said growing up she had a lot of school friends, and even when she was alone she was fine playing with her beanies omg.

Yeah, I’m pretty sure something big went down between her and Boob.  

SPILL THAT TEA BISH. I live.

• Love 20

Amy's dad was abusive so the eggshell comment makes sense. 

The rest of the shade...Miss Amy may not want on reality TV, but she still sure enjoys the attention of it. 

I'm sure something went down, but she won't spill. She could have already made quite a bit of money doing it on the coattails of 2 major Josh scandals. Girl lost her chance to cash in. 

• Love 6
13 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

That is going to be the title of his autobiography when he ultimately spills the tea.  NO ONE can remember there is a Justin!

Followed by the autobiography of "There's a James?"

• Love 18
28 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

There's a Justin??

Hey, come on!  Justin has always been my favorite Duggar boy!  He's the only one who never gelled back his hair or sprayed it into a helmet.  He wore bangs and was cute with a bit of spunk.  I hope he's not Alerted into a Gothard robot with three talking point sentences.

• Love 6
15 minutes ago, louannems said:

Hey, come on!  Justin has always been my favorite Duggar boy!  He's the only one who never gelled back his hair or sprayed it into a helmet.  He wore bangs and was cute with a bit of spunk.  I hope he's not Alerted into a Gothard robot with three talking point sentences.

He's also the one who deadpanned, "he keeps saying that" (or some such) with a tone of exasperation in a talking head referencing something Jackson just said/did. Since he hasn't been sent to Alert as many times (or at all?) as Josiah, maybe there's hope for him yet.

• Love 2
(edited)
27 minutes ago, louannems said:

Is Justin the one that made Jordyn her breakfast? He said he'd bring her down for her breakfast in the mornings, as they showed him making her packet oatmeal with cold tap water. Broke my heart to know that their selfish bitch of a mom couldn't even get up and start their day with them. I wanted to adopt those two, it was so sad.

Edited by zenme
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, louannems said:

Yeah, until Alert gets ahold of him. Then he will start gelling back his hair and Aqua-Netting it into The Duggar Helmet. Then any spunk left in him will be gone, gone, gone. Thanks to Boob and MEchelle. 

• Love 5
(edited)
On 14/07/2018 at 5:28 AM, Temperance said:

Justin looks younger than most of his friends. 

I think Justin is considerably younger than his friends. He’s 15.

Warning to Justin. Be careful sharing a tent with these 20+ yo guys. If someone asks you to do something, and it makes you uncomfortable, don't do it. 

Edited by kokapetl
  • Love 1

So according to Anna's Instagram, Jordyn and Mackynzie attended a sewing camp. Here's hoping that Jordyn actually got to pursue an interest of her own and have a good time, and not that the Duggars are forcing her to take over bridesmaid dress sewing duties if Jana ever leaves...

• Love 9
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Did MacKenzie make the dress she's wearing? Even with all the busy patterns, it's kind of cute.

I think she made the 'half' apron that's blue and red. The same fabrics were used in some of the smaller projects they made.

• Love 4

Who is cousin Emily? 

I'm glad Jordyn and Mackynzie got to do something normal with other kids their age. I don't know that I'd have chosen a sewing camp when I was their age (I did horseback riding camp), but I wish now that I knew how to sew!

Mackynzie always looks happy enough and clean and put together, so props to Anna for actually (at this point being able to) caring for her kids. Without Josh in the picture her family seems to be among the more palatable of the Duggars.

• Love 9
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

That's the first time in ages I've seen a real smile on Jordyn's face, and I agree she and MacKenzie look like they're having a great time. However I'd bet money that Anna was the one who got them into camp. No way Michelle would take the time to seek out constructive activities for her children.

It is the first time in forever that Jordyn would have gotten individual praise from a grown-up, I'm sure.

• Love 14

It’s really nice that Jordyn and Mackynzie are so close in age.  They’re probably each other’s closest friend and will need each other more than they know growing up.  Hopefully Jordyn doesn’t feel as lost in the shuffle with her niece around to keep her company and do cool stuff like this with. 

• Love 15

I still think the real comparison with Josie's maturity is looking back and seeing what it was that Jana was doing when she was Josie's age. I think we would be shocked. I agree that Josie is being held back and treated like a baby and Jana was 'encouraged' to step up, grow up, and take care of Michelle's household and subsequent children. Just not fair to eith of these girls.

• Love 19

While I find it cool that the kids got to go to ANY kind of extracurricular activity, it still bugs that it had to be "Sewing Camp" for the girls. And the projects look so Fundie...aprons and potholders. The pic of the Mkid wearing the cotton dress and apron and holding her kitchen linens looked straight out of the 1950s. The Jkid just looked happy to be off the compound and maybe keep her own things. I wonder how these kids feel when they see other kids wearing cut-off jean shorts and they're in dopey dresses?

Bet Jackson didn't get signed up. He's probably at Junior Alert for the 10th time.

• Love 11