Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

19 hours ago, ariel said:

Famy seems to have a closet full of horrible dresses that do not flatter her figure.  I hate to say this, but Michelle looks younger than Famy in that picture.

Apparently her mom has the same problem.

1 minute ago, GeeGolly said:

Apparently her mom has the same problem.

Someone please buy them both a full length mirror. Bed, Bath, & Beyond has them & you can use the 20% off coupon.  Hell, you can even use that coupon after it expires.  Don't ask me how I know that. ;)

• Love 8
2 hours ago, ariel said:

Someone please buy them both a full length mirror. Bed, Bath, & Beyond has them & you can use the 20% off coupon.  Hell, you can even use that coupon after it expires.  Don't ask me how I know that. ;)

Lol that brought me Broad City flashbacks XD

tumblr_n8y1qtBu191skhsroo1_250.gif

• Love 2

While I agree with the point Amy's post is making, it feels a lot like a cut and paste post. I also believe that not everyone posts pretend 'perfect life' stories, nor is everyone letting their 'likes' heavily impact their lives.

• Love 8

So I leave with this: social media is not your identity, likes and comments on your pictures shouldn't change you as a person....

....unless your mind and worldview are both extremely small, Amy.

• Love 5

I've actually been doing a little social media break myself, and it's been wonderful. (im trying to finish a novel by Hallowe'en but thats neither here nor there) So I agree, I guess, but I also don't see the point in making a huge post that comes across as a lil condescending. Just take a step back. it's fine.

It is a great photo, though. 

• Love 8

The hypocrisy and preaching Duggar genes are strong with Amy. And what makes her think the rest of us do not read books, spend time outside, and social media is not our identity? Seriously, for at SAHM I spend very little time at home.

• Love 8
8 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Amy looks really nice in that picture. I love her hair color. 

She's very attractive.  The preachy attitude, though:  doesn't everyone get more than enough of that with her cousins and the adjacent fundies?

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Totally said:

The photo of famy is way too airbrushed/filtered whatever it is the kids do these days

I'm thinking it might be positive in some ways that kids are getting proficient at this sort of thing...it can allow them to create images of themselves which look as perfect as something out of a magazine, and that's got to prove to them that they are no less beautiful than the celebrities out there, and that the celebrities are not as flawlessly gorgeous as they are presented either. Now, granted, self esteem should not be based solely, or even mainly in the physical, but if it's empowering to them to know they can look as beautiful as anyone else, I say go for it. 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
because saying "sort of" three times in the first sentence is practically Duggarese.
  • Love 8
6 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I am wondering, if in the past,when cousin Amy appeared on any episodes, if TLC cut her a check personally or if it went into the Duggar family account and Boob doled out a pittance to her?

I'm guessing Boob doled out a pittance.  

7 hours ago, Caracoa1 said:

I am wondering, if in the past,when cousin Amy appeared on any episodes, if TLC cut her a check personally or if it went into the Duggar family account and Boob doled out a pittance to her?

No, actually since they started the show Amy has been over 18. (Maybe when they were doing the specials before she got a pittance.) My guess is that she and her mother get their own paychecks. I don't get the sense JB has too much power and influence over them as he seems to with his own children. I don't think JB pays their bills either. 

• Love 1
On 8/2/2017 at 9:47 PM, louannems said:

A generic, thoughtless message, as usual.  Doesn't Michelle even know one single thing to describe Jenni's likes, dislikes, hobbies, favorite activity?  She's sweet.  Big deal!  And where is her Servant's Heart?

Yeah, like Meee-Chelle would know anything at all about Jenny.                                                                                                                                                                      First of all, Mee was only the log flume that she went down after 9 months of gestation.  Jill was Jennifer's actual caring nuturing mother - I bet if you'd ask Jill any of those things about Jenny, she'd know. the answers.  Also, everything and everybody is always "sweet" or "so sweet" or "nice" in Duggarland.  Lack of imagination and a vocabulary from Schoolhouse of the Dining room table is to thank for that.  At least Jennifer has enough sense to hate Jim-Bob and Michelle - you can feel her doing it every time she looks at either one of those two.

• Love 13
On 11/7/2017 at 11:09 AM, brewerrkj said:

At least Jennifer has enough sense to hate Jim-Bob and Michelle - you can feel her doing it every time she looks at either one of those two.

She does seem unhappy in nearly all the pictures I have seen of her. Poor child.

10 hours ago, flyingdi said:

Wait.  Wait. Wait.  The Duggar children are allowed to have likes, dislikes and hobbies?  Since when?

What are you talking about? They always have! There are a wide variety of gender-appropriate hobbies a Duggar child can have!

For the gals: 

Cooking*
Cleaning*
Helpmeeting*
Servant/missionary*
Servant/wife*
Servant/mother*
Brood mare
Uncertified midwifery*

For the guys:
Used car salesman*
Spokesperson for superior family values **
GoFundMe grifting
Cars*
Machines*
Pilot*
Headship
Abortion rallier
Tweetmaster
Mentally, physically, emotionally,  and sexually abusing females as per the Bible

*"hobby" does not necessarily denote "competence"

**Only if simultaneously trolling the internet for hooker pussy and blaming sisters for molestation

• Love 18

Add a couple more girl appropriate things:

interior "designer"

chicken coop/tree house designer

Lover of carrying babies on your hip.  Great hobby if you're around 7

Gardener.  You need to do something with the chicken poop

• Love 8
15 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

And yet it appears the only 'skill' the womenfolk have truly mastered is the look-adoringly-at-headship one. s of none. 

Of course, since that's the one that's all about Bill Gothard's and Jim Bob's egos, it's really the only one that matters. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 4
On 11/14/2017 at 8:16 AM, Aja said:

Imagine marrying him and THEN finding out he's gluten-free.

@Aja, OMG, you’re on a roll (a gluten free one) today!  Drumroll!

You’ve got me laughing so hard, I’m crying!  You’re a woman of few words sometimes, but I’m always happy when you post!

• Love 3