Type keyword(s) to search

The Other Duggars: The Lost Girls and Amy

Message added by Scarlett45

If your post is not PRIMARILY about the Duggars, it will be removed. Please stick to the topic or take it to Small Talk, thank you.

• Start Topic

On 9/2/2019 at 3:29 PM, Churchhoney said:

See, I think performing that kind of staged shit for an audience is a big negative in our current "civilization."

Thanks to the ease of becoming a media producer as an individual -- and the inescapable deluge of made-to-advertise media in our lives -- a growing number of people don't know the damn difference between something real and something performed and then widely published to show people how wonderful you are and to make them jealous and desire to be you. 

There is ZERO reason to publish that picture except to show off. And considering that it's deliberately been staged for a waiting camera person, the only thing it really shows off is that they're a couple of phonies eager to brag about themselves, to their whole acquaintance and to thousands of strangers as well. 

Not that they're the only ones. This is the nature of personal photography in our age. 

If that were real emotion, spontaneous (the way real emotion is) and engaged in for honest reasons, would strangers have ANY right to be looking at it? Let alone be INVITED to look at it because they told a friend or relative to stand three feet from them with a camera?

No. 

There's tons of evidence now that most people simply flood their social-media with fake shit that's designed to make them look good and thus to make everybody else feel bad. Most are busy pretending radical openness while practicing continual lying and pretty pretense.  In the long run, that's bad for the people who post the phony crap and bad for the ones who look at it. 

Amen! I can’t stand phoniness and theme-y people.  Just live your damn lives for you and take care of your family. You’ll probably be a lot happier in the long run. 

• Love 11
On 12/24/2018 at 7:00 PM, doodlebug said:

Here in the US, shops like hers in shopping centers would usually be open later a couple nights a week at least and most would be open Sundays.  Sunday hours are often shorter, but very few places would be closed completely.  Amy’s hours are pretty limited compared to similar businesses.  It’s going to be tough for her to attract customers when others are more convenient.

Well, perhaps in YOUR part of the US. Not the same all over the place.

On 9/23/2019 at 9:02 PM, B in Lee said:

Here in the US, shops like hers in shopping centers would usually be open later a couple nights a week at least and most would be open Sundays.  Sunday hours are often shorter, but very few places would be closed completely.  Amy’s hours are pretty limited compared to similar businesses.  It’s going to be tough for her to attract customers when others are more convenient.

Much like that in the MD and PA area.  With so many people working it helps to accomodate those who can't shop during the day and even on Saturday.  It's good business to be available when your potential customers are.

• Love 1
On 9/23/2019 at 7:02 PM, B in Lee said:

46 minutes ago, wilsie said:

Much like that in the MD and PA area.  With so many people working it helps to accommodate those who can't shop during the day and even on Saturday.  It's good business to be available when your potential customers are.

I'm familiar with OK, TX, and CO, and this is true there too. Small service businesses, in my experience, tend to close on Sundays and have limited Saturday hours, but retail is so competitive that most stores are open for at least a few hours on Sunday. Shoppers with jobs are going to look for places that are open when they are off work, and that means evenings and weekends for a lot of the workforce. 

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Grandma’s house is up for sale. It’s listed at $489,000.

Bad timing. Counting On is featuring her funeral. They might wanted to have waited a bit before putting the house up for sale now, considering she died in the pool.

• Love 2
6 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

And the listing states it features Plantation “Shudders” 😆😆😆.

With a "shop office building!" Complete with exclamation point.  Did Meechelle write this?

On another note, there is an open house on Sunday.  If I lived closer, I would have to check it out.  Maybe with a female friend posing as my partner?

• LOL 15
  • Love 2
1 minute ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

With a "shop office building!" Complete with exclamation point.  Did Meechelle write this?

On another note, there is an open house on Sunday.  If I lived closer, I would have to check it out.  Maybe with a female friend posing as my partner?

@Zella, are you free on Sunday? 😁

• LOL 6
43 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

I was thinking it's a place.

It is.  It's in Springdale and it has corn mazes, farm animals, a pumpkin patch, pony rides, etc.  There are a couple places near me with similar sorts of stuff.  My niece used to work at one during breaks from college.  They had a day camp type setup for little kids and she was a counsellor.

Their website includes an invite for people to come and take photos and shows the field of sunflowers where Amy looks to be standing.  It looks like they even provide professional photographers on site at various dates and times for people to use during a visit.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
14 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Isn't that kind of high for Nowhere, Arkansas?

When the big round reno first went up for sale at $1.8 million, I (because I'm unhealthily obsessed with my loathing of Jim Bob Duggar) did a fairly extensive lookover of homes being offered at $1.5 million-and-up all over their extended area. ..... 

Every single one except JB's round -reno -with-a-nearly-inaccessible-garage had some kind of major luxury amenity in its immediate neighborhood -- a beautiful lake, utter privacy in gorgeous forest, a luxury golf club -- except his. And last we heard it's now down to, what?, $1.25 or something. 

So JB's no stranger to absolutely delusional pricing.....I guess he's been a fairly successful con man so long he always has hope a sucker will wander into his trap......

Really, though, seems to me his only really significantly successful con was his TLC get......And he -- all of them, even Jeremee -- owes most of his other successful conning to that. So in truth he's basing most of his hopes on his one-time success at fathering a freakshow. But I don't think he knows it. I expect he chalks everything up to his brains. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

When the big round reno first went up for sale at $1.8 million, I (because I'm unhealthily obsessed with my loathing of Jim Bob Duggar) did a fairly extensive lookover of homes being offered at $1.5 million-and-up all over their extended area. ..... 

Every single one except JB's round -reno -with-a-nearly-inaccessible-garage had some kind of major luxury amenity in its immediate neighborhood -- a beautiful lake, utter privacy in gorgeous forest, a luxury golf club -- except his. And last we heard it's now down to, what?, $1.25 or something. 

So JB's no stranger to absolutely delusional pricing.

Yes, I remember that. I think you may have provided links, but anyway I also browsed through some of those competing luxury priced listings and you are 101% correct. There were some very desirable and lovely properties, and JB's weird awkward round house was IMO not even *near* the same league, much less in it. 

Will be interesting to see what they get for Mary's house. As I understand it, the Duggars don't live out in the middle of nowhere. The Fayetteville-Sprindale-Rogers area has more than half a million people, and overall, Northwest Arkansas doubled in population between 1990 and 2010. The house should sell - unless it's overpriced for the market. 

Oh, yeah. We're talking JB here. See above re the overpriced round house. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Indeed it is. Don't forget, decorated by Jana and lived in by Venessa the sleazy midwife back when Jill was still in training.

eta: Can someone who knows the address go on Zillow and find out what Boob paid for the place and when? I'm thinking about his profit.

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 3
28 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Indeed it is. Don't forget, decorated by Jana and lived in by Venessa the sleazy midwife back when Jill was still in training.

eta: Can someone who knows the address go on Zillow and find out what Boob paid for the place and when? I'm thinking about his profit.

Zillow shows $376,000 back in 2008.  From the looks of it, there have been few renovations done in the last 11 years.   The house isn't bad, just dark.  I can't see him getting full asking price.   The kitchen and master bath need updating especially the floors.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 3

Here's the link to Grandma Duggar's house:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1935-Dowell-St_Springdale_AR_72762_M78916-40322#photo1

Last property transfer info (cut and pasted below):

Document Type: Intrafamily Transfer

Recording Date: 8/30/2019

Sales Price Code: Transfer Tax on document indicated as EXEMPT.

Buyer Name: JAMES R DUGGAR, MICHELLE A DUGGAR REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST

Buyer ID: Trustee

Seller Name: JAMES R DUGGAR, MARY L DUGGAR REVOCABLE LIVING TRUST

Seller ID: Trustee

Document #: 2019-00026157

Contract Date: 8/29/2019

Inter-family Transfer: 1

Edited by Pasha Kitty
  • Useful 5
3 hours ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Here's the link to Grandma Duggar's house:

https://www.realtor.com/realestateandhomes-detail/1935-Dowell-St_Springdale_AR_72762_M78916-40322#photo1

This transfer between Mary's estate and JB and M's estate, each represented by trusts; happened well after Mary's death and was probably just part of the administration of her will.  She left the house to JB and M essentially.  I believe Jim Bob purchased it in the first place and sold it to her; probably for a buck, most likely with the understanding that she'd will it back to them when she died.  That's a fairly standard way for handling real estate transfers in families after a death.

• Useful 1
  • Love 2
10 hours ago, Pasha Kitty said:

Removed the link, per mod guidelines.

The kitchen is rather small for such a grand house and I can't imagine keeping bumpy brick flooring clean. Other than that, it seems to be a fairly nice McMansion.

It looks like Ben and others will lose their gym once the house is sold. That alone would make me think Jessa and Ben would consider trading up. But then again, I'm thinking the Duggars would rather not swim in a pool where Grandma Mary died.

Those brick pavers are hard on your feet, but relatively maintenance free. A bucket of hot water and some Murphy’s oils soap does the job every time.  They're a beast to change, but a lot more durable than ceramic tile.  

I agree that seemed like a lot of house for one person.  It should have felt cavernous.

• Love 1
48 minutes ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

Those brick pavers are hard on your feet, but relatively maintenance free. A bucket of hot water and some Murphy’s oils soap does the job every time.  They're a beast to change, but a lot more durable than ceramic tile.  

I agree that seemed like a lot of house for one person.  It should have felt cavernous.

Yes! I never thought of doing that with a  string mop. I was thinking about sweeping as well as mopping with a sponge mop. The bumps and crevices would drive me nuts.

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Did Grandma really live there alone? It seems like a really big house for one elderly person. 

We found out just after Mary's death, that Jill & Derrick lived there for a period of time after they came back from Danger America.  It's highly possible that she had others living there afterwards, but who or for how long we don't know.

• Useful 2
  • Love 1
On 9/30/2019 at 9:52 PM, MunichNark said:

Is that a trend, the constant photo shoots? Honestly, modern life exhausts me🧐, all these “must pretend that my life is fabbbbb” photos

Yes, a monthly baby bump pic, a glamour session 3/4 through the pregnancy, nesting/nursery decorating, baby shower and a couple of sprinkles, post birth with a make-up and a clean baby, then a monthly baby pic and all of baby's "firsts" and eventually first day and last day of preschool through college graduation; social media has made modern life as fake as modern reality shows.

• Love 13
On 9/27/2019 at 8:06 PM, PradaKitty said:

I think they have to disclose any deaths on the property. Not sure about Arkansas, though...

Deaths on the property don't have to be disclosed in NY either (at least in 2002).  When I sold the family home in 2002, I asked the attorney who handled the sale if I had to disclose that both my parents had died in the kitchen (11 years apart). He said that unless a murder had happened, I didn't have to disclose.  

• Useful 8
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, jcbrown said:

So we're pretty confident it's not Jill, then.

Or Israel.  Since Amy is claiming it is now officially baby week, I wonder if that means she's scheduled to be induced this week sometime.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
12 hours ago, leighdear said:

Whoever is composing and taking Amy's photos does a good job, especially recently.  That's a lovely shot.

Yes, it is and by having her holding pumpkins, we're not subjected to womb cradling!  

• LOL 3
  • Love 7
14 hours ago, leighdear said:

Whoever is composing and taking Amy's photos does a good job, especially recently.  That's a lovely shot.

I remember Jessa's tight shirt, belly button showing, bathroom pictures when she was pregnant with Spurgeon.  Amy may have had a lot of pictures taken, but they have looked much better. 

• Love 23
22 hours ago, BetyBee said:

Yes, it is and by having her holding pumpkins, we're not subjected to womb cradling!  

I give pregnant women a break about womb cradling at this point in pregnancy. You walk around feeling like baby is about to fall out.  Plus, it helps relieve the pressure on the back!

Wrapping your arms around a non-existent bump is still dumb though. 

• Love 21