Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

On 8/5/2018 at 12:22 PM, xwordfanatik said:

I didn't see the episode, wasn't watching then.  It figures Mr. Cheap-Ass would ask for a discount. 

I don't remember whether I was asked about having had an eating disorder, when I joined.  It sounds plausible.

When I joined 19 years ago I don't remember that question being asked either but a memory just pounced into my brain.  I overheard a conversation at weigh in with someone who was at a weight that was low for her height already and she wanted to join to lose a few more pounds and they wouldn't let her.  She was college age.

On 8/5/2018 at 1:22 PM, Loves2Dance said:

6. Either that dress is really big or she's pregnant. 

Thought the same thing!

• Love 3
15 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is Anna pregnant again?  I thought I spied a glimpse of her and she seemed a bit more full in the midsection.

YES!  I got mine for my wedding in 1991.  I still pull it out for some things.  I also have my mom's older edition.  I personally think its the best beginner/standard, non fussy cookbook.  

My mom’s go to was that red & white Betty Crocker cookbook.  It’s a classic.  And also the Pots Pans & Pioneers series. It wasn’t always the healthiest, but boy were those some tasty Cajun recipes.  

I’m actually not bothered by Jill or any of the wives being on stage.  I’ve known some minister’s wives, and  while you don’t get the education or the ordaining, you definitely have duties and responsibilities, and it’s a sacrifice for the entire family. It’s appropriate IMHO to acknowledge the men cannot and do not do it on their own.  

I also don’ think Joy is overweight, she’s just frumpy.  A good bra and properly fitting attire, along with a major haircut would probaby do wonders to her look and outlook on life. She seems resigned to her fate at the moment.  

• Love 12
On 8/5/2018 at 11:58 PM, Bridget said:

The meeting leaders/receptionists definitely won’t let anyone participate in the meetings if they’re “abusing WW” and get too thin. I don’t know how they monitor a person who stops going to meetings if a memeber does have an eating disorder and get too thin. Anyone can use it online.

However, because it’s a program designed for slow & steady weight loss, I’d bet that it doesn’t appeal as a method to those who want to drop pounds quickly or those who keep wanting to “just lose another 5lbs” even after they hit their goal weight. As many people know, those last 5-10lbs are the hardest ones to take and keep off. 

I’m not saying program abuse doesn’t happen, but the people I’ve met who participate in WW (at meetings or other random places) often talk about food in a very healthy context. 

I will always be a WW cheerleader!  I 1st joined 19 years ago and kept it off for a long time.  Life happened and I got lazy and gained some back.  It is now almost all gone.  I didn't have to pay another cent to a diet program because of what I learned the 1st time around.  My friend is about 150lbs overweight and keeps thinking Nutrisystem is going to do it.  I told her to let me help her so she could lose weight and eat real food.  She says she will when she is done using her Nutrisystem prepaid meal vouchers.  

What worries me about these Duggars is while they may be slim what does their blood work say?  This diet is going to kick them in the ass when they are 50 if they last that long.

Edited by Natalie68
spelled diet plan incorrectly!
  • Love 8
23 minutes ago, awaken said:

I was also going to ask if Cross is an all-male ministry training program. 

@Natalie68 the phrase “flaccid turkey bacon” brings up such an attractive mental picture!  Thank you for that!  ?

You are very welcome!  It's all I could think of when I saw the pic

• Love 3
38 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

Is Anna pregnant again?  I thought I spied a glimpse of her and she seemed a bit more full in the midsection.

YES!  I got mine for my wedding in 1991.  I still pull it out for some things.  I also have my mom's older edition.  I personally think its the best beginner/standard, non fussy cookbook.  

My mom had one back in the day. I made my first "fancy" dinner from it, coincidentally the first real dinner of any sort, as my cooking skills more or less petered out after grilled cheese sandwiches and scrambled eggs. I'm trying to remember what the occasion was, as Mr. Jyn's parents were over at my parents' house (where I still lived at the time), but it's all kind of a blur after 35 years. Whatever the occasion, though, I was determined to prove that I could cook, not really having practiced anything beforehand, and made crab-stuffed founder in some sort of cream sauce, which went over really well, and is still one of Mr Jyn's favorites. I later got a copy of the book as a wedding present as well.

If I could follow that recipe with next to no experience at cooking, I'm sure Jill could manage something outside of cream of glop with salt and cheese.

• Love 10
On 8/5/2018 at 3:35 PM, ginger90 said:

In addition to a diploma, Derick was 1 of 6 who received a certificate of license, which means he’s on his way to becoming a minister . No clue what church, or where he’s going next.

BF2E240B-74C5-4FE0-8F12-D3071DC111E9.png

Just wondered where this photo was found.

• Love 1
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Cross Church live streams their services. This is a screenshot.

Thanks, Ginger90.  I can't believe they aren't showcasing this on their instagrams, etc.  

• Love 3
3 hours ago, leighdear said:

That harlot standing next to Jilly Muffin with her knees bared is NOT a Godly example of a good wife.  

3 hours ago, leighdear said:

OMG  will somebody please show me the way to the fainting couch I need it oh my God I'm going to faint because I saw knees.

• Love 3
52 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

OMG  will somebody please show me the way to the fainting couch I need it oh my God I'm going to faint because I saw knees.

It's over in the prayer closet, behind the cases of wine and Little Debbie snack cakes....

• Love 17
1 hour ago, sheshark said:

Thanks, Ginger90.  I can't believe they aren't showcasing this on their instagrams, etc.  

Me too. I don’t follow them on social media, but I would think this would be a major thing  for them to proclaim! 

• Love 2

I treasure my mom's 1950 Betty Crocker cookbook.  I eat differently these days (mostly plant-based) but the recipes are better than cream of glop gooey crap that Jill posts.  

Google is your friend, dear Jill.  Try cooking healthier than the god-awful shit you grew up eating.  Your sons will thank you for it.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I will always be a WW cheerleader!  I 1st joined 19 years ago and kept it off for a long time.  Life happened and I got lazy and gained some back.  It is now almost all gone.  I didn't have to pay another cent to a diet program because of what I learned the 1st time around.  My friend is about 150lbs overweight and keeps thinking Nutrasystem is going to do it.  I told her to let me help her so she could lose weight and eat real food.  She says she will when she is done using her Nutrasystem prepaid meal vouchers.  

What worries me about these Duggars is while they may be slim what does their blood work say?  This diet is going to kick them in the ass when they are 50 if they last that long.

I joined WW in 2004 and lost 75 lbs in 10 months.  I continue to go to meetings and haven't had to pay anything since I reached my goal weight.

WW sticks to a standard BMI weight chart.  It has at least a 30 lb range of goal weights from which each participant chooses.  If you have a really big bone structure and are very muscular, a weight at the top of the range can work for you.  If you have tiny it bones and not a lot of muscle, the lowest range will do.  Most people are somewhere in the middle.

I'm 5 ft 6 in an could weigh as little as 126 or as high as 155.  I bounce around now between 132 and 140.

As long as you have 5 lb to lose, going from the very low end of the range, WW will take you.  So of Jana was at least 5 lb above the very thinnest weight for her height, she could go.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

My mom’s go to was that red & white Betty Crocker cookbook.  It’s a classic.  And also the Pots Pans & Pioneers series. It wasn’t always the healthiest, but boy were those some tasty Cajun recipes.  

I’m actually not bothered by Jill or any of the wives being on stage.  I’ve known some minister’s wives, and  while you don’t get the education or the ordaining, you definitely have duties and responsibilities, and it’s a sacrifice for the entire family. It’s appropriate IMHO to acknowledge the men cannot and do not do it on their own.  

I also don’ think Joy is overweight, she’s just frumpy.  A good bra and properly fitting attire, along with a major haircut would probaby do wonders to her look and outlook on life. She seems resigned to her fate at the moment.  

My mom gave this to each of their daughters as part of their wedding present. When my girls move out, I'm totally buying them one too! 

• Love 3
31 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

My mom gave this to each of their daughters as part of their wedding present. When my girls move out, I'm totally buying them one too! 

When I got married in 1978 the Betty Crocker cookbook had a misprint in the salt for their Divine Lime Pie. Not that I made it for my brand new in-laws or anything. :)

• Love 18

US Weekly had a photo spread and pictures with the Duggar girls, Kendra & Joe and one pic of Josiah and Lauren.  Mostly it was about the three pregnant women, Kendra, Joy and Jinger but they included Jessa and in a group photo even Jana was there.   Very interesting though - not only is Jill not mentioned at all in the article or included in the photo's - when asked who will be the next to announce a pregnancy Kendra said Jessa and her reason was it's "Been Awhile" since she's had one so they're probably ready for another one.  Jessa gave birth to Henry less than five months before Samuel was born and Sam just turned 1.  I thought it was a little odd that she didn't say Jessa OR Jill because it's been about a year now for both of them.

My two theories are she couldn't mention Jill because in all media coverage they're supposed to pretend Jill and Derick don't exist OR she knows something we've all speculated about regarding Jill's ability to have another baby at all and because of that skipped over her when talking about who might be pregnant next.  Either way I thought it was odd but pretty telling that even unmarried Jana got a photo but Jill is now the daughter that doesn't exist not just for TLC but for the magazines too

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/duggar-family-photos-couples-babies-and-more/

Edited by sigmaforce86
clarity!
  • Love 7
44 minutes ago, Rabbittron said:

in that photo of all the kids and their kids I feel very defrauded because of Jinger and Jeremy's daughter is not wearing anything on her legs she is bare legged .

Well, she doesn't have a teenaged boy living in the house who's going to molest her, so there's that. 

I swear, every time I think of those sick fucks JB and MEchelle and their elaborate and ostentatious "modesty" rules, I want to hurl. IMO they frantically cover the bodies of their female children, from infants to adults, to avoid a repeat of their oldest son, as a teenager, molesting five tiny little girls, repeatedly, in their own home. Like, his seeing a shoulder or a knee of a four year old is the reason he did that sick shit. JB and his brood mare are just disgusting greedy hypocrites who went for the gold of a TLC cable TV show contract while burying the truth of what their oldest son had done to those girls in their own home. So they could be famous and adored as such an extra special Godly ideal family, of an extra-large size.

Sometimes life is indeed more bizarre - and horrible - than fiction.

ETA: @sigmaforce86, interesting observations about the glaring absence of Jill from that article. It read to me like it was taken straight from a publicist's puff piece. I doubt JB would pay a publicist, so given the timing with the show's new season on now, I bet it was the work product of a summer intern at TLC. Where, of course, the Dillards are off the show and out of the picture. Even if Kendra had mentioned Jill, that wouldn't have made its way into the puff piece. Just my theory. And I've been known to be famously wrong. However, I note that every single photo in that story was credited to TLC. 

Edited by Jeeves
Another thought . . .
  • Love 23
52 minutes ago, Scarlett45 said:

@Jeeves I think that Jill is no longer a part of the brand, and thus isn’t going to be mentioned in media (print, tv, social media or otherwise). She’s going to be hidden like Josh. 

This! Jill will be deleted from most things and I pity her for it---she had no idea what marrying Derick would do to her life and I guarantee if she could go backwards and change it, she would. 

• Love 19

Just wondered where this photo was found.

Cross Church live streams their services. This is a screenshot.

Look at all the women on stage! It's really nice that Cross Church is training women in the ministry also!  What's that you say?   oooooooooo

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Loves2Dance said:

This! Jill will be deleted from most things and I pity her for it---she had no idea what marrying Derick would do to her life and I guarantee if she could go backwards and change it, she would

Can you just imagine the resentment that is bubbling just under the surface?  If she is indeed a submissive wife, she can never tell Derick how upset she is that because of his actions she is not on tv anymore.  But for sure she is livid about it.  I am afraid she will just blow up and lose it one day, and it will not be pretty.

• Love 8
5 hours ago, sigmaforce86 said:

US Weekly had a photo spread and pictures with the Duggar girls, Kendra & Joe and one pic of Josiah and Lauren.  Mostly it was about the three pregnant women, Kendra, Joy and Jinger but they included Jessa and in a group photo even Jana was there.   Very interesting though - not only is Jill not mentioned at all in the article or included in the photo's - when asked who will be the next to announce a pregnancy Kendra said Jessa and her reason was it's "Been Awhile" since she's had one so they're probably ready for another one.  Jessa gave birth to Henry less than five months before Samuel was born and Sam just turned 1.  I thought it was a little odd that she didn't say Jessa OR Jill because it's been about a year now for both of them.

My two theories are she couldn't mention Jill because in all media coverage they're supposed to pretend Jill and Derick don't exist OR she knows something we've all speculated about regarding Jill's ability to have another baby at all and because of that skipped over her when talking about who might be pregnant next.  Either way I thought it was odd but pretty telling that even unmarried Jana got a photo but Jill is now the daughter that doesn't exist not just for TLC but for the magazines too

https://www.usmagazine.com/entertainment/pictures/duggar-family-photos-couples-babies-and-more/

That article with the three new moms (Joy, Kendra, and Jinger) is old (from late February/early March.)US Weekly seems to have re-released it for counting on. But I recommend it. It shows how much Kendra thinks like her in-laws. Henry was barely one when they did that interview, but Jessa needs to have another one. (It wasn't a year for Jill yet.)  Kendra also is the one who says "we're having as many kids as God will give us."  (In that article Joy has already given birth and gives a great answer "We love children so we'll see." Jinger says she's admires Jeremy's fashion sense which gives me the impression he helps her chose clothes. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 7
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Can you just imagine the resentment that is bubbling just under the surface?  If she is indeed a submissive wife, she can never tell Derick how upset she is that because of his actions she is not on tv anymore.  But for sure she is livid about it.  I am afraid she will just blow up and lose it one day, and it will not be pretty.

That is must see TV.

• Love 11
9 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Hey, Jill? You know, if you did this, then you might get hits (and subsequently more $$$) for your blog. Just something to think about...

• Love 10
10 hours ago, 3 is enough said:

Considering Jill is the judgmental little snitch, I kind of enjoy that she's reaping what she has sown.  I'll bet some of her siblings are secretly enjoying it too.  Karma can be a bitch, Jill!!

• Love 15
On 8/5/2018 at 4:45 PM, GeeGolly said:
On 8/6/2018 at 1:54 AM, humbleopinion said:

Guess which 2 has the fugliest shoes on stage?

Excuse my language but ...  my daughter calls those tit curtains or tit tents.

On 8/6/2018 at 3:15 AM, kokapetl said:

Cross Church gave Derick a 'license into the gospel ministry.'  (You, too, can buy one on Amazon for less than $10.)

On 8/6/2018 at 1:12 PM, leighdear said:

Hopefully her strumpet cooties won't rub off on the Dullards.

Thank you all for the laughs, tears are rolling down my face and I will never get to sleep!

Just the thought of Derricks shoes makes me burst into giggles.

On 8/5/2018 at 5:32 PM, DragonFaerie said:

First off Derwood, you can't be super smug about ANYTHING in those shoes.  Nope, just can't happen.

Up until now, he has been preaching without a license, which sounds like a criminal offense. 

Rolling on the floor..

Edited by MsJamieDornan
  • Love 8
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

That is must see TV.

If she's smart, she'll mount a camera before she blows. Though, to be honest, I think videoing them while watching Counting On and spilling some beans would get them both the money and attention they both desperately need. 

• Love 7

Similar note here as in the Duggalos thread: 

Folks, personal stories belong in Small Talk. Please stop derailing the threads about various Duggars into stories that don't have anything to do with the Duggars. This includes diet stories, cooking advice, etc. 

• Love 14
On 8/6/2018 at 4:36 PM, Mollie said:

Up until now, he has been preaching without a license, which sounds like a criminal offense. 

Oh my, some of those people he saved might end up in Shangri La or Valhalla.  Thank goodness he's licensed now so his recruits will go to the right place!

• Love 13
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

What will be Jill's and Derick's next step? Jill has a fake midwifery license and Derick has a fake ministry license. So, the world is their oyster?

What's their next step is a good question.

They are really snarkworthy reality TV personalities, and I've enjoyed the discussions here at PTV about them. But a little voice in my head is reminding me that these are two not very happy people, and I hope they manage to avoid terrible meltdowns as they navigate life.

I posted the other day that I was surprisingly relieved that Derick had graduated from that Cross Church "ministry school," however dubious its value, and however hilarious is that "license" to be a minister [epic eyerolls]. The relief is, because the boy don't look all that stable to me, and at least he's completed something he started, as opposed to all the abrupt changes of course his life and career have taken since he met and married Jill. 

Maybe Jill will be OK with not being on the show anymore, but I wonder if it's going to take her awhile to realize what that really means for her, and I wouldn't be surprised if the realization will hurt (or has already hurt). I'm talking about the emotional impact of being left out in the TLC wilderness with Josh, as well as the financial reality of no more TLC money coming in.

I think Derick's a controlling a-hole who's gone on abusive and vehement rants on social media, including targeting a minor who has never done or said anything against Derick or any of his family. I don't fear he would be violent, but I could see him having some kind of meltdown or breakdown. At least he's earned his "license" and I hope that keeps him from going off the rails.

As to what they do next, for now Jill's got a pretty good sized following on social media. If that demographic matches up with the TV show's ratings and market shares, it's composed in large part of people aged 55 and up. They probably won't criticize her gloppy recipes or awful videos of Derick being an ignorant harsh parent. If she's monetizing her following, that will help the family bottom line. I don't see Derick being as willing to work for Boob as Ben is, because Derick is also arrogant AF. 

• Love 15
2 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

An actual salad! 

An actual bowl of lettuce ? 

My eyes are rubbish but is there anything else in there, not that I can talk, my husband thinks onion and lettuce makes a salad ?

Edited by Totally
  • Love 7
Just now, Totally said:

An actual bowl of lettuce ? 

My eyes are rubbish but is there anything else in there, not thatI can talk, my husband thinks onion and lettuce makes a salad ?

I had edited to add that the dressing is getting slammed as a salt bomb. Poor Jill, just can't win. 

24 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I had edited to add that the dressing is getting slammed as a salt bomb. Poor Jill, just can't win. 

Of course it is because who the actual f*&k puts soy sauce in salad dressing for just your average green salad?

• Love 7

I'm continually amazed at just how bad she is at taking pictures. Why do we need a selfie in which she has scraggily hair (even more so than usual), terrible skin, a worn out shirt, cluttered counter, and a messy jar of salad dressing? For crying out loud, all she needs to do is spend a few hours looking at some food blogs to get an idea on how to properly style her food if this is how she expects to earn money.

• Love 12

You know, Jill has one way to get back on the show...divorce Derick!!! Of course, that would NEVER happen, especially to the Duggar's #1 koolaid drinker, but think of the possibilities if she did! TLC would probably give her her own series if she did that! We can dream...

• Love 4
22 minutes ago, Christina87 said:

You know, Jill has one way to get back on the show...divorce Derick!!! Of course, that would NEVER happen, especially to the Duggar's #1 koolaid drinker, but think of the possibilities if she did! TLC would probably give her her own series if she did that! We can dream...

Divorcing the Duggars.  Jill gets fed up with Derick and files for divorce.  Boob and Mullet are horrified and refuse to let her come back to live at TTH.  They attempt to get custody of Izzy and Sam, or whatever their names are - I can see Boob and Mullet saying that.  

TLC gives her her own show, showing the divorce, the family shun and finding and setting up her own apt or rental home.  Getting her GED and finding a job.  Putting the boys into a real school since she has to work.  

People would that up and she'd be a star.  

• Love 6