Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

I vote he looks like a goober

If it walks like a duck and quacks like a duck ...

3 hours ago, Lunera said:

So Derdick put his Twitter on private? I wonder who made him do it. I never followed him just occasionally checked on it, now I can't view anything. He'll probably start blocking everyone who challenged him in the comments, so that he can have only receive nice, approving comments under his foolish tweets. 

If someone that is “approved” can post his nonsense here, that would  be great. Seeing his Twitter meltdown is my guilty pleasure. 

• Love 9
(edited)

(Video)

Iraqi feast at the Mosque during Ramadan

May 23, 2018 | Family Blog, Photos | 0 

We always love fellowshipping with our international friends. A couple nights ago, one of my Iraqi friends invited our family to the local Mosque for an Iraqi feast during Ramadan. While Derick was with his friends (men and women have separate sections in the mosque), I hung out with my friends. Here is a little video clip.

Does your religion have certain traditions or celebrations?

Do you like trying food from other countries? What are some of your favorites?

D9A192B9-0558-4766-93F3-DD58C9F81DDB.jpeg

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 2
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

(Video)

We always love fellowshipping with our international friends. A couple nights ago, one of my Iraqi friends invited our family to the local Mosque for an Iraqi feast during Ramadan. While Derick was with his friends (men and women have separate sections in the mosque), I hung out with my friends. Here is a little video clip.

Awww, that is so cute that she thinks they have friends!

• Love 23
58 minutes ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

Poke Dump Throw

I don’t think she is being fake folksy like Sarah Palin. I think she really speaks like this. The problem is that it doesn’t strike me as authentic as much as it strikes me as uneducated. 

This reminds me of my favorite string of swear words from my MIL--hell shit damn.  Always in that order too. 

I'm getting the same protected tweet message on Dick's profile.  Just proves he can't take the criticism that he so loves to dish out.  Gettin' a little too warm in that nasty kitchen, uh?  He is one of the biggest frauds that I've come across.  And Jilly Muffin, if you're reading sweetie, have your daddy tell your dipshit leader husband to get a job and support his family, like a real man.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

So, on Twitter:

The padlock symbol on Twitter indicates an account that is protected. Tweets from protected accounts cannot be viewed unless you have been approved to view them. Businesses and individual users can choose to protect their tweets to limit the number of people who can access them.

Jill’s does not have the lock, as of now.

85634DC9-4BE7-4E23-9829-2C5A4A248D50.png

Papa? Why not father of?

(edited)
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

And Jill continues.....

Walker Creamy Burritos

May 23, 2018 | Recipes | 0 

Oh my goodness! These burritos are SOOOOO yummy and don’t require many ingredients! They’re perfect for church potlucks or get togethers since you can make them ahead of time and just throw them in the oven. This recipe comes from our friends, the Walker family (hence the name). Prepare to be delighted!

Makes one 9×13″ pan

Sauce:

3 cans cream of mushroom soup

1/2 C sour cream

1 1/4 C milk (or heavy whipping cream)

Burritos:

12 (8 inch) flour tortillas

2 lbs ground turkey

1/4 cup taco seasoning

1 (16 oz.) can refried beans

Topping:

1 1/2 C shredded cheddar cheese

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13″ pan. Mix together soup, sour cream and milk. Pour one cup of sauce in bottom of pan. Brown ground turkey. Drain. Add taco seasoning with 2/3 cup water and simmer 10-15 min. (or until most of liquid is gone). Mix cooked meat with refried beans. Portion about 1/2 cup scoops of filling onto tortillas. Fold tortillas “burrito style” and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5-10 min.

CF144ADE-A8BE-455E-A52C-8E92DA55DA86.jpeg

Slow Cooker “Baked” Potatoes

Baked potatoes are delicious, but sometimes you’d rather throw them in the slow cooker and not have to worry about them while you’re gone.

10 or so small/medium potatoes

olive oil (if desired)

garlic salt (if desired)

Scrub and rinse potatoes. Poke several times with fork. Rub outside of potato with olive oil (or leave plain) and sprinkle with garlic salt (optional). Wrap in aluminum foil. “Bake” in slow cooker for 8 hrs on low or 5 hrs on high (or until tender…depends on the size of your potatoes!).

D4AE9FA1-19FB-433D-B5D5-8CC74819ACC4.jpeg

If they eat like this all the time, why are they matchbook thin?

Just looking at those ingredients is making my queasy.

Edited by xwordfanatik
changed a word
  • Love 3
19 hours ago, Heathen said:

The thought of an entire bottle of liquid smoke ("pour off most") on what is no doubt cheap meat makes me want to hurl. 

Preach.  I have a great BBQ sauce recipe that makes a ton, and it calls for about a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke. And, I cut that back after I made it the first time!  A whole jar is a ridiculous amount. 

• Love 5
16 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Papa? Why not father of?

Because they want people to think they are bilingual, specifically fluent in Spanish. But they are too dumb to be consistent. If you watch their videos, and even Jill’s stupid #s, you will notice they use daddy more than Papa. My husband has been Baba from day one, it’s been almost eleven years and it has not changed. The Dullards have no consistency and have no convictions. Just an ugly drain on the world’s resources.

17 minutes ago, irisheyes said:

Preach.  I have a great BBQ sauce recipe that makes a ton, and it calls for about a 1/2 tsp of liquid smoke. And, I cut that back after I made it the first time!  A whole jar is a ridiculous amount. 

Would it be inappropriate to ask you to share? We are always looking for new things to add to our menu.  Unless it has cream of crap soup, then I’ll have to kindly rescind my request. ?

• Love 12

And Jill continues.....

Walker Creamy Burritos

Oh my goodness! These burritos are SOOOOO yummy and don’t require many ingredients! They’re perfect for church potlucks or get togethers since you can make them ahead of time and just throw them in the oven. This recipe comes from our friends, the Walker family (hence the name). Prepare to be delighted!

Makes one 9×13″ pan

Sauce:

1/2 C sour cream

Burritos:

2 lbs ground turkey

1/4 cup taco seasoning

Topping:

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Grease 9×13″ pan. Mix together soup, sour cream and milk. Pour one cup of sauce in bottom of pan. Brown ground turkey. Drain. Add taco seasoning with 2/3 cup water and simmer 10-15 min. (or until most of liquid is gone). Mix cooked meat with refried beans. Portion about 1/2 cup scoops of filling onto tortillas. Fold tortillas “burrito style” and place in pan. Pour remaining sauce over top. Cover with foil. Bake at 350 degrees for 40-45 min or until hot and bubbly. Sprinkle with cheese. Bake uncovered for 5-10 min.

D4AE9FA1-19FB-433D-B5D5-8CC74819ACC4.jpeg

I got gaggy at 3 cans of cream of mushroom soup.

Burritos does not mean what Jill and the Walkers think it means.

• Love 23
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Derick's move on Twitter reads to me as he is now in the job market.  Looks like he will not be getting a paid position at Cross Church after completing his program. 

Problem is depending on where he applies, they may well require access, as in viewer, to all of his social media accounts, I know several folks that have had that happen.  Regardless of that, all a future possible employer has to do is to google his name and the amount of articles from Rader online and Intouch online will have them going WTF?

2 hours ago, Trillium said:

Air Pods are $150 for a pair. I have a good paying job and I still can’t justify spending that much on that. He looks like such a tool in this photo. 

Totally with you on this.  I cannot justify that amount of money so that I don't have a cord.  And the only time I'm using headphones is if I'm working at home, studying on my laptop to drown out the rest of the house or doing my cardio or strength training.  Why on earth does the man need wireless headphones?  Surely using that money to pay the bills from Sammy's birth or set up the boys college funds - I'll wait while we all stop laughing on that one, or a million other things - moving expenses, deposits for their next place once the useless Cross Church training is done, food, gas, thrift store clothing????

• Love 15

How old is Derrick now? Because from looking at the photo above, I'd say late 30's - early 40's. He could really use a good skin care regimen and a lot of sun screen but perhaps that would threaten his fragile masculinity.

And I have to admit that my first reaction looking at this photo was "why did he put drinking straws in his ears?" because I'm apparently not even a little bit tech savvy. Though why anyone would design ear pieces like that is beyond me, they make him look like the village idiot.

• Love 20

Locking up his Twitter was probably a suggestion from outside his household, IMO. What is he going to do about instagram? Right now there are 498 comments on that voting post. The majority of them appear to be people arguing among themselves. (I did not read them all)

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I've never used heavy whipping cream - ever. Am I missing out on something?

Not really. It's something I would use for a sweet recipe, not a savory one. Ew. 

• Love 6
18 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Problem is depending on where he applies, they may well require access, as in viewer, to all of his social media accounts, I know several folks that have had that happen.  Regardless of that, all a future possible employer has to do is to google his name and the amount of articles from Rader online and Intouch online will have them going WTF?

I'm sure he can add the prospective employer to his list of approved followers if they ask.  If he is looking for employment in a church, they might not see any issue with his tweets.  Of course, he probably doesn't realize people may just use Google.   He strikes me as the type who thinks he is smarter than he really is.   He probably thinks that he has done enough to hide his tirades.   Sorry asshole, the Internet is forever.

• Love 10

And Jill continues.....

Walker Creamy Burritos

Makes one 9×13″ pan

Sauce:

1/2 C sour cream

Burritos:

2 lbs ground turkey

1/4 cup taco seasoning

Topping:

Jill, 1988 called and they want their recipe back! That's exactly the sort of crap recipe I might have tried 30 years ago, when I was a newlywed in a hick town. I'm in my 50s now, and I wouldn't dream of cooking like this because my husband and I are trying to stay alive another 2 to 3 decades.

But I'm proud to say my three kids and their spouses--all of them in their 20s--cook and eat quite healthily, because they're smart AND IT'S 2018.  (Two of the three couples are on a tight budget, but they still manage.)  It's just unbelievably weird to me that someone Jill's age is posting recipes like this.  I find it hard to believe there are many actual Millennials who take recipes like this seriously. 

• Love 16

I had to look it up!! Two of the results:

Heavy whipping cream normally has 36 to 38 percent fat, making it much richer. Although 1 cup of cream will moisten the same quantity of dry ingredients as 1 cup of milk, its high fat content means the batter will bake differently. To substitute milk for cream or cream for milk, you have to adjust for that difference.

Milk keeps baked goods moist. Using heavy cream will make the cake dense and sticky. If you have to use heavy cream, use it along with water so that your Batter has proper consistency.You can use water and heavy cream in the ratio of approximately 2:3 ( it works for a mixture of water and butter).

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

(Video)

OK, so I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I LIKE that Jill questions her followers about things "your religion" has (i.e., traditions, celebrations, food, etc.). On the surface, it sounds like she is reaching out to her followers and encouraging them to share about their cultures. 

On the other hand, given how she comes from a family that thinks their religion is the best and only way, this could be an information gathering tactic to learn about other religions in order to be more persuasive to them to convert them to their brand of Christianity. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Not really. It's something I would use for a sweet recipe, not a savory one. Ew. 

I use heavy cream in certain situations but it’s kinda expensive and not necessary to use for something like the burrito recipe. But I’ll use some in cream based soups or quiche.   

• Love 3
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Derick was supposed to be converting the Muslims to Christianity as part of his ministry course with Cross Church.  I guess that didn't work out too well because instead of getting the Muslims to go to church, Jill and Derick are going to a mosque for the religious celebration of Ramadan.  And thus the Dillards prove once again that they are failed missionaries.  Derick worked for months with international students and failed to get one of them to convert.   

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Why on earth does the man need wireless headphones?  

To drown out Jill and the boys? Or the voices in his head. 

• Love 18
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

All she has to say is "Bake at 325 for 1 hour." I think people are smart enough to figure out that it goes in the oven. Even the leghumpers.

I wouldn't count on that. :D 

• Love 6
Just now, Normades said:

Wow!! His teeth are WAY Way off. That's frightening! If he weren't such a jackass I'd feel bad for him.

I was just wondering how many different directions his face could go in at one time.

• Love 7
23 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

OK, so I have mixed feelings about this.

On the one hand, I LIKE that Jill questions her followers about things "your religion" has (i.e., traditions, celebrations, food, etc.). On the surface, it sounds like she is reaching out to her followers and encouraging them to share about their cultures. 

On the other hand, given how she comes from a family that thinks their religion is the best and only way, this could be an information gathering tactic to learn about other religions in order to be more persuasive to them to convert them to their brand of Christianity. 

Cynical me thinks they want to know my traditions so they can reach out and tell me how wrong it is. 

• Love 10
34 minutes ago, Trillium said:

I use heavy cream in certain situations but it’s kinda expensive and not necessary to use for something like the burrito recipe. But I’ll use some in cream based soups or quiche.   

Really, in a soup? My potato soup calls for milk thickened with a little flour. It's plenty heavy, so I don't know if the same thing made with cream would even be palatable. To each her own, I know. (I've only ever bought quiche at Gordon's. lol) 

Back on topic -- what are the chances Jilly Dully could follow a real recipe, anyway. 

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Really, in a soup?

Perhaps it's due to a difference in food cultures, but adding cream to certain kinds of soups, especially fish and seafood ones is quite common. Blame it on the French. ;)

I actually use heavy cream quite a lot in my cooking but not as a base. More like I add a few table spoons to sauces and soups in order to round off the flavours. Works great in egg dishes as well.

I don't know if this fear or reluctance of using heavy cream dates back to the 80's when fat was declared the enemy but there's been a trend this past decade where using full-fat ingredients is becoming increasingly common again; people cut out sugar and other empty calories and spend their calories on natural fats instead. We actually had a shortage and subsequent price spike in cream and butter earlier this year because of this trend.

However, wild guesss is that Jill has no clue and is only showing us the diet of her childhood. Sodium-heavy cream of gloop appears to be a staple in Duggar cuisine.

• Love 19

That bastardized enchilada recipe sounds really foul. A fake Suiza type sauce with mashed beans and ground meat with salty taco seasoning?  Canned soup and sour cream and heavy cream?  It almost outdoes that fake fettuccine Alfredo she posted for the top contender of “heart attack on a plate”. I can’t even imagine those flavors together. Even her cooking is a mess!

icant even begin to imagine what a whole bottle of liquid smoke would do to an innocent beef brisket. These people have no taste buds at all, it seems. 

• Love 15
5 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Good Lord, is that guy gonna have braces until he's 50?! It's been over three years now. How is there no obvious improvement in his teeth? They're still shifted way too far to the left.

I had my braces on for over 5 years ... heading towards 6 years

• Love 3
8 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Perhaps it's due to a difference in food cultures, but adding cream to certain kinds of soups, especially fish and seafood ones is quite common. Blame it on the French. ;)

I actually use heavy cream quite a lot in my cooking but not as a base. More like I add a few table spoons to sauces and soups in order to round off the flavours. Works great in egg dishes as well.

I don't know if this fear or reluctance of using heavy cream dates back to the 80's when fat was declared the enemy but there's been a trend this past decade where using full-fat ingredients is becoming increasingly common again; people cut out sugar and other empty calories and spend their calories on natural fats instead. We actually had a shortage and subsequent price spike in cream and butter earlier this year because of this trend.

However, wild guesss is that Jill has no clue and is only showing us the diet of her childhood. Sodium-heavy cream of gloop appears to be a staple in Duggar cuisine.

Amen!

• Love 3
13 hours ago, laurakaye said:

I want to guess Jill's next recipe:

Take two pieces of bread.  Put peanut butter on one piece of bread and grape jelly on other piece of bread.  Put the two pieces together.  Enjoy!

Missed a step - the peanut butter and jelly need to be on the inside of the sandwich.  Otherwise it's a mess to eat.

Canadian here - what would J&D have been voting for earlier this week?  I thought all elections were in November. Also - pb and grape jelly must be an American combo. I've never had it - pb and strawberry or raspberry jam seems to be the combination where I live. I don't think I've ever bought grape jelly.

• Love 13

I don’t keep up with these people when they aren’t in season, but I’m so confused.  Last week they’re eating tikka masala and bopping to Bollywood and this week they’re at a mosque with Iraqi friends eating shawarma and biryani? What exactly are they trying to prove – that they don’t hate anyone who isn’t white and Christian? Because come on, we have seen enough of your family and husband’s ranting and raving to know it isn’t true.  I mean wouldn’t she risk losing her base by doing this? Clearly she’s trying to keep her base interested – as evidenced by the cream of burrito recipe.  I mean she’s hanging out with a [gasp] hijabi Muslim at a [gasp] mosque.  And she makes it about their feast for their holiday – nothing about conversion.  (And I’m Muslim and let’s be real no Muslim is going to convert during Ramadan.  Even if they wanted to, even if they were secretly planning on it – the family strife it would cause would just not be worth it.  And if it’s a loner type of Muslim who doesn’t have family/friends to talk them out of it – guess what those types don’t hang out eating dinner at the mosque which is a hub of religious and social activity during Ramadan.)

• Love 17
(edited)
19 minutes ago, Pingaponga said:

Missed a step - the peanut butter and jelly need to be on the inside of the sandwich.  Otherwise it's a mess to eat.

Canadian here - what would J&D have been voting for earlier this week?  I thought all elections were in November. Also - pb and grape jelly must be an American combo. I've never had it - pb and strawberry or raspberry jam seems to be the combination where I live. I don't think I've ever bought grape jelly.

Good catch about the inside of the sandwich thing! Heh.

There are primary elections in the USA this time of year, the exact date varies from state to state. It's how the political parties choose their candidates for the general election, which is in November. I assume the Dillards voted in a primary election.

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 6
(edited)
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Because they want people to think they are bilingual, specifically fluent in Spanish. But they are too dumb to be consistent. If you watch their videos, and even Jill’s stupid #s, you will notice they use daddy more than Papa. My husband has been Baba from day one, it’s been almost eleven years and it has not changed. The Dullards have no consistency and have no convictions. Just an ugly drain on the world’s resources.

Would it be inappropriate to ask you to share? We are always looking for new things to add to our menu.  Unless it has cream of crap soup, then I’ll have to kindly rescind my request. ?

Here’s the recipe. https://www.skinnytaste.com/homemade-kansas-style-bbq-sauce/

It actually calls for 2 tsp of liquid smoke, but I’ve cut way back.  I’m not a fan of smoked taste in general, but this sauce on pulled pork cooked in the Instant Pot is a summer winner!

Topic?  The recipe does require Jill to open a can or two.  ?

Edited by irisheyes
  • Love 3
(edited)
3 hours ago, xwordfanatik said:

If they eat like this all the time, why are they matchbook thin?

They probably have chronic diarrhea.

Regarding Jill and her "friends" I bet the Iraqi women took pity on Sam and Izzy and wanted to feed them a decent meal. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time with Jilly and Dreck.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 13
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I've never used heavy whipping cream - ever. Am I missing out on something?

I can't imagine some desserts without it; though it takes me a while to use up the little pint as a singleton since I don't generally do more than one recipe a week (and sometimes month) with it; it lasts long.  In a milk crisis, you can also thin it down as needed with water.  Personally I'd never dream of slimming a recipe down without trying its full fat genesis first, because I want a good taste memory baseline for the substitutions I choose.

• Love 12
8 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I'm way more familiar with his face than I want to be. Literally the first thought in my head when I saw  this was, "that's a mirror image...His teeth are shifted the wrong way". The "I voted" sticker only confirmed it.

Lol, same here!  I saw right away his teeth were shifted the opposite direction!  Wish I didn’t know that!  

• Love 1
25 minutes ago, awaken said:

Lol, same here!  I saw right away his teeth were shifted the opposite direction!  Wish I didn’t know that!  

His wedding ring is on the wrong hand, too. 

I wonder if Derick locked his Twitter account to keep the tabloids from running stories. I also wonder how many of his 124k followers work for tabloids. If he locked it to avoid haters I'm guessing he'll be going on a blocking spree after his next obnoxious Tweet. 

Derick must not realize his "new direction" will see a decrease in traffic now. No hits on his blog, no money, because I'm thinking many folks seeing his Tweets also checked out his blog to see if he was for real. It's all up to Jill and her haphazard cooking and parenting to keep this family afloat now.

• Love 16

I can still see his tweets. I assume I would be able to comment, have never done that. What is different with it locked, no option in a drop down to copy link directly to a tweet. Screenshots are still an option, so he can’t actually “hide”. I never “followed” him but I guess once you go to the page enough, Twitter considers that a follow?  No clue.

• Love 1
16 hours ago, louannems said:

In our stores, there are several different ground turkey options.  Some is made only from skinless, breast meat and is only 1% fat.  It's extremely lean.

Then there is ground turkey that is essentially mostly skin and all dark meat and is extremely greasy and cheap.  That's probably what the Duggars eat.

I use ground turkey breast and prefer it to regular ground turkey (which I find gross). 

That enchilada recipe is foul. Cream of mushroom soup? Huh? Yuck. 

11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

They probably have chronic diarrhea.

Regarding Jill and her "friends" I bet the Iraqi women took pity on Sam and Izzy and wanted to feed them a decent meal. I can't imagine anyone wanting to spend time with Jilly and Dreck.

I have to agree. I think the kids were shocked to eat "real" food. 

• Love 3

Can someone explain to me how Jill makes money off her pathetic blog?  The only way I can see her making any money would be if people bought those expensive purses off her affiliate, right.  What else has she peddled?

• Love 1