Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

58 minutes ago, floridamom said:

What in the Jesus H. Christ is Izzy saying? This little guy turned 3 last month. I can't understand one word he is saying. I feel so badly for this kid. Jill should be taking him to speech therapy, REAL SPEECH therapy, not a "dear friend" who knows how to speak. I can't help but think this is some form of abuse in having him memorize these paragraphs from the Bible. 

I'd like him to now tell us what this all means. He has no idea. He is 3.  These people are freaking idiots and I believe in God and taught my children about the Almighty...not in this fashion at 3 years old.

Does anyone else detect his speech as being tied to his emotions? I think he is not a calm relaxed little guy. I think he's nervous and a bit 'fearful' of his parents. His breathing is not what it should be when he's trying to speak....OR RECITE. 

BTW, I'd love to hear George Carlin comment on Jim Bob and Michelle Duggar....

I listened to it and could only sort of make out a few words.  Blood?  Jesus?  He also looked like his left eye was bruised, but, could be allergies, fall, etc.  At one point he "touched himself" for a second.  I expected the parents to say something but it was so quick.

• Love 2
1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Several hours? Okey dokey. 

Do they still sell KC Masterpiece? That's a blast from the past.

An entire bottle of liquid smoke? Ew. 

KC Masterpiece is better than the generic, Aldi-brand shit Jill is used to.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, floridamom said:

What in the Jesus H. Christ is Izzy saying? This little guy turned 3 last month. I can't understand one word he is saying. I feel so badly for this kid. Jill should be taking him to speech therapy, REAL SPEECH therapy, not a "dear friend" who knows how to speak. 

Honestly, Spurgeon is even worse. Bin posted a Mother's Day video of Spurge saying a message for Jessa and the kid couldn't make out one word clearly. I know he's a little younger, but his speech is way behind what I've seen from other children his age.

• Love 4
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Inma reporting Jill's ad to iG for its violations. 

Well, you have to don't you?  Jill posted a quote that says "...not to speak is to speak, not to act is to act."  So you must speak and act!!  Fully sanctioned by the idiot herself.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, Trillium said:

At least she used her own photo...I hope. Unless there’s someone else who’s a paper plate aficionado who’s trying to launch a lifestyle blog. Their 1/4 ass attempt  at this is highly amusing though. 

Is that a paper plate it’s served on?  If so, it’s her own photo.  

• Love 1
5 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Good Gawd.  That was excruciatingly painful to listen to.  That poor child can’t say shit and then his idiot parents make him memorize some Bible verses that a 6th grader would have trouble with.  Everything these two assholes do is a big f’ing failure.

Is he speaking Minion?

• Love 18

You know, 1 lb of pasta makes 8 - 1 cup servings, or 4 -2 cup servings. An entire cube of butter and a QUART of extra heavy cream is a WW nightmare!

No wonder pasta Alfredo is called"Heart attach on a plate"!

8 minutes ago, MamaMax said:

Is he speaking Minion?

No.  He's parroting KJB gibberish!

• Love 5
(edited)
29 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Good Gawd.  That was excruciatingly painful to listen to.  That poor child can’t say shit and then his idiot parents make him memorize some Bible verses that a 6th grader would have trouble with.  Everything these two assholes do is a big f’ing failure.

I could understand him learning an easy verse that most kids are taught, but this? 

4 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

No, that would be Un-American.  I'm going to leave something from the Late, Great George Carlin that pretty much sums up Derrick and Jill's whole philosophy.

image.thumb.png.6a6249c85be604a516edab817249cad8.png

I was able to see George Carlin about 20 years ago. I was so excited because he was "Mr. Conductor" for Thomas the Tank Engine stories (my son was into that before it became popular) and of course I knew him from other things.  

And I have said the same thing that he is saying here many times before. 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 2

I had an idea about why they may tend to eat in their car.  Just speculating, but, I wonder if they get approached a lot by fans or just viewers who want pictures or just to chat.  If a lot of people do that, your food can get cold while you politely chat with well meaning strangers.  My family aren't celebrities, but, they are popular within their profession within their community.  They encounter sooooo many people they know when we go in public, that it makes me not enjoy going out with them.  Shopping is very difficult.  We can never have dinner without people coming up and chatting.  They mean well, but, it gets old, fast.  I kid around by saying that I know what it's like to be the child of the famous, because we have no privacy when we go out. lol  Just an idea.  It could be that they don't want to bother getting the kids in and out of the car....?

• Love 3
43 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

Poor kid!! I was trying to figure out how many verses they had that poor child try to memorize & I couldn’t even understand that. I’m the product of a 1st-8th grade parochial education with memory work twice a week the entire course of that education & I don’t think we would have been assigned something like that til jr high. If they wanted to teach him about putting on the armor of God (I think was point of the passage), why didn’t they make it fun-give him play armor to wear while he recited a much shorter passage? He might remember that, rather than this cluster of an occasion..... Gonna be some stellar teachers, those two. 

• Love 11

Yikes, I understood a few words Izzy was saying - blood, devil and God. Hopefully he doesn't understand what he's saying.

When my kids were pre-schoolish we bought them Bible-like books that were geared toward their ages. I was never a Bible reader and just glanced through these before purchasing them. I laid down with my 4 year old one night and started reading with her and immediately had to make up stuff because the story was about putting lambs' blood on folks' doorways. I was horrified that this author thought this was an appropriate way to introduce religion to pre-schoolers. 

Jill and Derick probably won't realize when Izzy finally comprehends what he is saying and starts having nightmares or displays fears in some other way. Can't they start with a loving God and throw the scary stuff in later?

• Love 11

Eh, maybe one of them would have stayed home with Sam (since he is too young to understand the concept of voting) and the adults would have gone separately?

In other news, Jill's food continues to look like pure crap.

• Love 2

I teach preschool and speak 3 year old  pretty fluently. I couldn’t understand a word he said (other than “I need a drink “). I would refer him for a speech evaluation if he was in my class. He clearly has no idea what he is saying either. 

Also, is “Aivah” supposed to be the name Ava???  If so, that should be a crime or something. 

• Love 13

Ephesians 6:10-20 New International Version (NIV)

The Armor of God

10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit,which is the word of God.

18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests.With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.19 Pray also for me, that whenever I speak, words may be given me so that I will fearlessly make known the mystery of the gospel, 20 for which I am an ambassadorin chains. Pray that I may declare it fearlessly, as I should.

Really? this is the verse she chooses for a toddler? Good grief. 

• Love 14

Regarding Jill's recipes...That Alfredo recipe seems off to me. Granted, I don't ever make it for an entire pound of pasta, but, still, a whole stick of butter, a quart of cream, and 8 oz of Parmesan sounds like easily twice the sauce for that amount of pasta. And hers does look curdled, as though it's been reheated. Pasta Alfredo does not reheat well! I suppose she is using some sort of generic Parmesan of the Kraft type, too, which never really wants to melt into the cream. I don't always go to the trouble of grating fresh Parmesan, but I do for Alfredo sauce. I consider a little bit of nutmeg, ground pepper and maybe some fresh parsley pretty important additions as well.

As to the brisket, I'll echo @Heathen 

An entire bottle of liquid smoke? Ew. 

Really...I do use it for a few things, but it can easily take over whatever you are making. Even a few drops can go a long way.

• Love 11
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Notice the protein is optional.....

My mom got this recipe from a friend many years ago. It’s so easy and can be made with fettuccine noodles or spaghetti noodles (that’s how we ate it most of the time growing up).

1 qt. heavy whipping cream

1 stick butter

1 container (8oz.) parmesan cheese

1 lb. noodles (spaghetti or fettuccine), cooked, drained

Grilled chicken (optional)

In a large pot, warm sweet whipping cream and butter until butter is melted. Turn off heat and blend in parmesan cheese. Cover and let stand till thickened. Stir in cooked noodles and let stand. Add chicken (optional). Salt to taste. Enjoy!

7B8F96A0-97CE-482F-B451-02A67E540FA3.jpeg

I'm not a big lover of Alfredo sauce, but I can't believe that this is a real recipe. There is literally NO SPICE in this recipe at all -- no salt or pepper, no garlic, no nothing.

• Love 13
53 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I think Izzy's speech problems in that video are more a reflection of memorizing that Bible verse (which I agree, is TOO much for even an older child to memorize, much less a three-year-old). Izzy has spoken more clearly in other videos where he wasn't required to memorize anything. Remember the "we're going to have a baby" video? I understood Izzy very well. I think Izzy generally has better speech than Spurgeon, even accounting for their age difference. 

That said, I think Izzy's memory for the scripture is probably on par with a three-year-old as well. He's remembering how it sounds, rather than the actual words and I definitely suspect he doesn't understand what he is reciting. I don't think there is anything cognitively wrong with Izzy but his parents are dolts trying to have Izzy do unrealistic things. If anything, I'm surprised that Izzy hasn't melted down more in frustration...but then again, they likely blanket train, so he may be afraid to have a tantrum. 

Agree with everything you said.  He was doing his best to imitate the words and sounds he has heard.  There also seemed to be some hand motions to go with the verse.  Izzy's a bright little guy.  No way could I memorize that verse even at my advanced age.

When I was his age Sunday School was a bible story with the felt board and a simple craft.  Follow up with juice and cookie, a couple verses of "Jesus Loves Me" and that was it,  The same for my daughter.  Although by the time she was in Sunday School it was a white board instead of a felt board.

Izzy is so cute.  I want to cuddle him and read Dr. Seuss books to him.

• Love 12
13 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Video

I think that this is actually like one of those kiddie beauty pageants. He's staring at Jill the whole time and clearly aping some poses that she's using behind the camera to help him remember key terms. He clearly has no idea what's going on in the verses that he's aping, so I don't know what the point is.

I looked it up and Ephesians 6 starts out with "children obey your parents" which is something I could see Jill and Derick choosing as a first Bible verse for Izzy, but he's saying 8-20 (I think) which begins with the part about "slaves obey your masters" -- which is totally creepy.

Oh, and the house is a pig pen.

• Love 14
3 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

That was bad. Reminded me of this one, where Josie was supposedly "reciting" her "favorite Bible verse." Reciting, my *ss. She was fidgeting around and basically repeating after Michelle. And it was one of those verses loaded with big words; I doubt Josie understood it, much less considered it her "favorite." I think she was about 5 at the time. Sheesh.

• Love 10

I just couldn't.  I started the video and it was so awful, I had to quit.  That said, if he needed a drink, why didn't she stop the video and then start a new one once Izzy was ready?

3 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

What’s with all of the dead bouquets (still in vases) on the piano?

Is that her bridal bouquet and then he bridesmaid bouquets from Jessa, Jinger and Joy's weddings?

And since I can see a violin, a guitar case - I'm assuming there is a guitar in there, and a piano, how about maybe teaching him a sunday school song while Jill plays on the piano instead of giving him something insane to memorize that he doesn't even understand.  Idiots the both of them.  

• Love 11
3 hours ago, toodles said:

I couldn't understand a word.  That is all.

He sounds just like my son did....

Who received speech therapy from 3-third grade.

I wish these idiots would get him evaluated. 

• Love 2
19 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I just couldn't.  I started the video and it was so awful, I had to quit.  That said, if he needed a drink, why didn't she stop the video and then start a new one once Izzy was ready?

Is that her bridal bouquet and then he bridesmaid bouquets from Jessa, Jinger and Joy's weddings?

And since I can see a violin, a guitar case - I'm assuming there is a guitar in there, and a piano, how about maybe teaching him a sunday school song while Jill plays on the piano instead of giving him something insane to memorize that he doesn't even understand.  Idiots the both of them.  

how cute would a verse or two of "This little light of mine" be??

• Love 17
6 hours ago, floridamom said:

What in the Jesus H. Christ is Izzy saying? This little guy turned 3 last month. I can't understand one word he is saying. I feel so badly for this kid. Jill should be taking him to speech therapy, REAL SPEECH therapy, not a "dear friend" who knows how to speak. I can't help but think this is some form of abuse in having him memorize these paragraphs from the Bible. 

I’ve heard Izzy speak in other videos and he was speaking clearly, I think the problem here is that stupid sing song voice that Jill is using that I’ve also heard Mechelle use to coach Josie to recite a bible verse

Izzy has no understanding of what he is saying, so it has no meaning for him they’re just words, which I think is some of the reason why he sounds disjointed

I don’t understand the stupid sing song voice, it’s takes away any power and emotion the words are trying to impart

I desperately want to save Izzy and Samuel from a nonexistent education ???

• Love 18
51 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

Yes. You want to convey Christian principles, Jill, do so through song for kiddos this age!!!

• Love 2
8 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

Yes. You want to convey Christian principles, Jill, do so through song for kiddos this age!!!

I'm assuming they never covered child development in TSODRT.  I'm not a children's librarian but I know all about reading levels.

• Love 8

The Bible thumpers in my family all made their kid’s do Bible Bowls.  It’s literally forcing kids to memorize bible verses like they would words in a Spelling Bee.  I’ve seen enough of the Duggar extended family to believe that they are getting the kids into it.  All my cousins started about 3 and continued into high school.  Several family Christmases were spent watching them perform for the family.

• Love 2
On 5/21/2018 at 4:08 PM, Pollypam said:

I assumed that "emergency c section" refers to a perpendicular cut, not a cut along the panty line.

I assume that an emergency c section is just that. Not a planned scheduled c section as happens frequently. 

• Love 7
15 minutes ago, saylubee said:

The Bible thumpers in my family all made their kid’s do Bible Bowls.  It’s literally forcing kids to memorize bible verses like they would words in a Spelling Bee.  I’ve seen enough of the Duggar extended family to believe that they are getting the kids into it.  All my cousins started about 3 and continued into high school.  Several family Christmases were spent watching them perform for the family.

But, are these good starts on the finished prospect? I should think the prevailing idea of starting children off on Bible verses would be to, well, pick kid-friendly ones.  Ones with short punchy words, and strong images that will stick in their heads (like the Psalms' "the hills leap for joy like the ram" - may not be the exact phrasing, but it's close), and euphonious mouth sounds.  I mean, look at Christian kid songs from the same age frame (Jesus Loves Me, Arky Arky, Father Abraham, etc.).  These are simple, repetitious sing-songy verbal images that aid memorization.

• Love 5
On 5/21/2018 at 8:09 PM, Mollie said:

Derick has now deleted all of the above tweets!  

What a busy day he is having on Twitter.  He must be playing hooky from his $12,000 minister classes at Cross Church.  

I just checked and they’re still there.

• Love 1
9 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Clean the stove Dillards!

We got this recipe from Mrs. Bond several years ago. She is the grandma of some dear friends of ours in Mississippi. It’s super easy and makes the whole house smell amazing when slow cooked!

1 Beef Brisket

1 (4oz.) bottle liquid smoke

1 bottle KC Masterpiece BBQ sauce

Place brisket in baking dish. Pour liquid smoke over. Let soak in fridge several hrs. Cover with foil and bake at 200 degrees till done (overnight), or at 350 degrees for several hours. After baking, pour off most of liquid smoke. Slice (if not pre-sliced). Cover with BBQ sauce and serve!

E3A44A61-517F-441D-8D4B-16351ED48C50.jpeg

How is this a recipe?  I make more complicated than this everyday (after work, by myself, with 4 kids!) and it looks a hell of a lot more appetizing. 

• Love 10
9 minutes ago, queenanne said:

But, are these good starts on the finished prospect? I should think the prevailing idea of starting children off on Bible verses would be to, well, pick kid-friendly ones.  Ones with short punchy words, and strong images that will stick in their heads (like the Psalms' "the hills leap for joy like the ram" - may not be the exact phrasing, but it's close), and euphonious mouth sounds.  I mean, look at Christian kid songs from the same age frame (Jesus Loves Me, Arky Arky, Father Abraham, etc.).  These are simple, repetitious sing-songy verbal images that aid memorization.

Oh no, I remember them going for the crazy ones first.  I didn’t spend much time around it, but the justification was definitely how much they could memorize vs actually learning the Bible.  The prevailing theory was that the younger they were, the more they’d remember, like with a second language.  All three kids absolutely despise religion now as adults, so nurturing a love for Jesus did not seem to be the end result.

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, awaken said:

How is this a recipe?  I make more complicated than this everyday (after work, by myself, with 4 kids!) and it looks a hell of a lot more appetizing. 

I’m about half nauseous after seeing that pic.  I don’t eat brisket, but isn’t it a lean meat?  I’m asking because that mess looks like it’s swimming in grease. ?

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

I’m about half nauseous after seeing that pic.  I don’t eat brisket, but isn’t it a lean meat?  I’m asking because that mess looks like it’s swimming in grease. ?

The thought of an entire bottle of liquid smoke ("pour off most") on what is no doubt cheap meat makes me want to hurl. 

• Love 6

When I do a brisket I tend to do it with a dry rub and low on the grill for about 6-8 hours - for like a 10-12 lb brisket until you don't slice it but it almost falls apart.  Add a bit of a good bbq sauce if you like and eat it like candy -but what she posted looks awful

• Love 5