Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, Abmis said:

I haven't watched Nate and Jeremiah's show, but I'm going to start.  I'm also going to start watching Jazz's show and that new show about transitioning.  I'm going to do my part to help give high ratings to every show that disturbs Dillweed.  If that makes me part of the "liberal agenda"  so be it. 

I love N & J.  Poppy is so cute!

• Love 8
24 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I have another theory. Maybe Derick wanted to share his views/opinions/beliefs on the show as a form of ministry, but TLC shut him down. We all know that the show keeps the Duggars’s religion to a minimum. So he may feels that he was not allowed to push the conservative values on TV, and it enrages him that others shows on the network show liberal values.

I think there is some truth to this.  If Derrck is correct about leaving the show last May, I can see him walking away from TLC over the issue of his ministry.   He would be upset that he couldn't further his agenda when the network is allowing Jazz and any other LGBT personality to further theirs.  Derrick's delusions do not allow him to see that Jazz's agenda truly is I'm a human being just like everyone else who deserves to be able to live her life without being killed.  

• Love 20
38 minutes ago, Future Cat Lady said:

I have another theory. Maybe Derick wanted to share his views/opinions/beliefs on the show as a form of ministry, but TLC shut him down. We all know that the show keeps the Duggars’s religion to a minimum. So he may feels that he was not allowed to push the conservative values on TV, and it enrages him that others shows on the network show liberal values.

So he took his ball, and went “in another direction”.

• Love 12

Derick really appears to be an awful human being.  Like others here, I thought he'd be completely different and perhaps a breath of fresh air in this cookie cutter family.  You know, what with him having a college education and a real job!  Sadly, it's been a terrible match.  His "media" excuses are wearing thin while he pretends to misunderstand twitter questions.  JB really made a poor match for his JillyMuffin.  She was the first to marry.  Maybe she'll also be the first to divorce.  I would applaud her for breaking with this hateful creep.  Although she is probably on board with all of his hateful beliefs, so maybe they deserve each other.    

• Love 15
1 minute ago, questionfear said:

I am sort of tempted to follow Derrick on Twitter so I can share my theory on homosexuality and the Bible. 

See, having grown up a Reform Jew, we were always encouraged to look at the reasoning behind the various rules in the Bible, not to necessarily follow them blindly. So for example, many people assume the kosher rules were driven in part by food safety (seriously, I wouldn’t trust a lobster wandering past me in the desert either), that Moses likely led people across the Red Sea at low tide, etc. 

This leads me to the infamous passages on homosexuality. I’ve heard various explanations but here’s my personal theory: propagation of the Jewish community came first. Remember, we were coming out of slavery, and the Egyptians has been killing baby Jewish boys. So my theory is that the law was never intended to ban same-sex relationships, just asking that everyone do their part to make babies first because they needed to grow the community. Would also explain the anti-masturbation stance. 

Im sure it’s not true but I think it’s a fun thought experiment, and based on the internal logic, Nate Berkus and his husband are totally fine-they have a kid, so they’ve done their part. ;) 

Interesting POV, thanks!  

• Love 4
2 hours ago, Future Cat Lady said:

Yes, I think that's exactly it. I think it's also the reason why Ben seemed particularly annoyed and disinterested for awhile. He realized that not only will TLC never give him the mic to say exactly what he wanted, but that his wife and his in laws were totally on board with that. 

• Love 5

I just came back from a late dinner near all the bars of WIC and I saw what Derrick will be in a year or two.  There was a street preacher setting up on the corner getting ready to try to preach to the drunk college kids.  I hope someone will remember to tell him that Jesus turned water into wine to keep a party going.

• Love 7
27 minutes ago, mynextmistake said:

My dad used to say smart people realize they’re marrying a finished product and stupid people think they’re marrying raw materials. I

Your dad was right. Just saying. 

Edited by Jeeves
  • Love 16
2 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

As the "headship," shouldn't he be able to insist on using birth control? And move away if that's what he wanted?

What’s he going to do, though? Drag Jill to an OB and demand she have an iud inserted against her will? Shove the pill down her throat every morning? Jill was brought up to believe that the only thing that can make a woman special and valued is having as many children as possible, and I think she’s dumb enough to believe that babies can save a failing marriage. She’s not going to agree to birth control just because her “headship” demands it. He could use condoms or have a vasectomy, but I think those are his only options. 

He could probably insist on moving away, but last time he did that it ended quite badly. Jill becomes a wreck if she can’t see her family every day or have Jana available to watch her kids on a moments’ notice. And the more of a wreck Jill becomes, the more Derick suffers. I think if he didn’t have this missionary ambition, he would just divorce Jill and become an every-other-weekend kind of dad. He can’t do that though because an indifferent divorced dad isn’t getting a job with cross church or any other church.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

What’s he going to do, though? Drag Jill to an OB and demand she have an iud inserted against her will? Shove the pill down her throat every morning? Jill was brought up to believe that the only thing that can make a woman special and valued is having as many children as possible, and I think she’s dumb enough to believe that babies can save a failing marriage. She’s not going to agree to birth control just because her “headship” demands it. He could use condoms or have a vasectomy, but I think those are his only options. 

He could probably insist on moving away, but last time he did that it ended quite badly. Jill becomes a wreck if she can’t see her family every day or have Jana available to watch her kids on a moments’ notice. And the more of a wreck Jill becomes, the more Derick suffers. I think if he didn’t have this missionary ambition, he would just divorce Jill and become an every-other-weekend kind of dad. He can’t do that though because an indifferent divorced dad isn’t getting a job with cross church or any other church.

Those are good options if that's what Derick wants or he wants to not have more kids.  I agree with you about Jill, although she seems to be doing well now. If he could find a church in the US in another state where Jill could find friends and feel safe, maybe moving away wouldn't be such a big deal. She also was dealing possibly with post-partum and the fallout of the Josh revelations. Now the dust is settled, she might have an easier time. 

The problem is they would need an income to make that work.

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4
28 minutes ago, Temperance said:

Those are good options if that's what Derick wants or he wants to not have more kids.  I agree with you about Jill, although she seems to be doing well now. If he could find a church in the US in another state where Jill could find friends and feel safe, maybe moving away wouldn't be such a big deal. She also was dealing possibly with post-partum and the fallout of the Josh revelations. Now the dust is settled, she might have an easier time. 

The problem is they would need an income to make that work.

I’ve heard it’s really difficult to find a doctor who would do a vasectomy on a man Derick’s age. If he could find one, I agree it would be a viable option. I really don’t think he enjoys fatherhood. He strikes me as someone who never wanted kids but felt like he had to have some because it’s what was expected of him. The problem is that those people inevitably make shitty parents. 

I’m not sure that Jill is able to make friends. She seems like the most emotionally stunted of the adult kids, and even the relatively social ones don’t seem to have wide circles of friends. Relatives and inlaws galore, but no real friends. I think Jana and Laura DeMaisie might be the only real friendship i’ve seen among the Duggar crowd, and that is so unusual that some people have started speculating that Jana is gay and they’re a couple. I think it’s really telling that of all the adult Duggars, only Jinger has been able to successfully move away from home. I just don’t see Jill being able to manage it. 

• Love 10

Again? Isn't this like the 3rd time he has accused tabloids of saying he was fired? Who cares, you're still off the show! He can't even afford his own livelihood how is he going to afford a lawer?

Edited by Lunera
  • Love 6

I think Derick is forgetting that his own mother was adopted. Does he consider the woman who raised HIS mother from the get to is NOT his grandmother? This guy needs to take a break from engaging in this type of activity. He needs to examine his own life first and get his ducks in a row. He has an idiot, child-like wife who can't make it through an 8 hour day without her 'man' by her side....fix that first, Derick, then get a real job. Perhaps Jill will let you eat your lunch 'on your own'.

• Love 20
13 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Considering all the dumb ass things Jill has done to endanger their own children, the welfare of Nate's daughter should be the furthest thing from his mind. 

People like the Duggars and Dillards aren't nearly as concerned about the physical safety of children as much as they're concerned about the state of the children's souls.

11 hours ago, lascuba said:

I think it's also the reason why Ben seemed particularly annoyed and disinterested for awhile. He realized that not only will TLC never give him the mic to say exactly what he wanted, but that his wife and his in laws were totally on board with that. 

And Ben seems to be totally on board now, which means he's less fanatical and more pragmatic than Derick. Or Jessa is better at putting her foot down than Jill.

• Love 16
4 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Aaaaaand....

If I were Jessa I'd be cussing Derick out left, right and sideways. It's like he's determined to drag the entire family down because he has some ridiculous grudge against TLC. It also sucks for Jill because his tirades are going to alienate her from her family, and she doesn't function well without that support system. They need to just admit they fucked up by rushing into marriage and go their separate ways. The Keller girl got a divorce and the world didn't end. Jill can move back into the TTH with the boys and resume J'Slave duties.

• Love 16

Hey Dumbrick TLC has a new show coming on called Lost In transition it's about people who are married who are living as the opposite sex and the spouses don't know that they are the same sex as a spouse. Why don't you start ragging on that new show?

• Love 1
7 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Isn't Derick's "course" coming to an end soon? Shouldn't he be looking for a JOB?

He should be.  I'm waiting for him to go on a Twitter deleting spree.  Little does he know the internet is forever.

• Love 6
19 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

Isn't Derick's "course" coming to an end soon? Shouldn't he be looking for a JOB?

I think that becomes a real concern come July. In the meantime, we shall sit back and observe...and continue to criticize his misguided twatter posts. ?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7

Rather than deleting tweets he thinks are perfection itself, I see him closing his account...after flouncing and blaming the media and liberals for making him leave, of course.  Then if he finds a job, he'll probably start right back twatting away.  He's godly that way, lol.  

• Love 2
21 hours ago, Celia Rubenstein said:

Surely you don't mean Derrick is singling out TLC because he's a resentful little bitch over being fired. That would be petty. 

Maybe Derwood thinks TLC stands for "The Lord's Channel" and his panties only bunch up when they glorify The Gayz because if there is one thing Cathy's baby boy hates besides little trans girl and holding an actual job, it's a hypocrite. So he is understandably angry and spewing his venom just the way Jesus instructed us all to do in his teachings. Honestly, it's like some of you people around here have never read the Bible!

Celia, I fucking love you.

• Love 11
19 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I’ve heard it’s really difficult to find a doctor who would do a vasectomy on a man Derick’s age.

My husband had his vasectomy at 26. Granted, we'd had three kids in four years. But I think a wife who's had two difficult c-sections would be reason enough for most urologists. 

Edited by Portia
Verb tense
  • Love 17
2 hours ago, Rabbittron said:

Hey Dumbrick TLC has a new show coming on called Lost In transition it's about people who are married who are living as the opposite sex and the spouses don't know that they are the same sex as a spouse. Why don't you start ragging on that new show?

Derick doesn't seem to understand that more people complained about the Duggars being on TLC than complained about Jazz.  That's why Josh was kicked off the show and Jim Bob and Michelle.  And Derick is mistaken if he thinks people didn't complain about Derick and Jill as well.  People were horrified to see Israel screaming his head off while Jill and Derick bound him in a tight swaddling when he was past the age of that being appropriate and comforting.  It was pure torture for Israel.  People were also outraged that Derick thought the two-year-old Israel was trying to "manipulate" him because he told Derick that he loved him. 

Jill and Derick got fired from SOS Ministries in May, 2017, and returned to Arkansas from Central America with all of their belongings in May. They've never been back. But, while still collecting donations, they didn't let the public know until August that they were not returning.  Derick now claims that he and Jill left the TLC show on May, 31, but just failed to announce that until now.  Sure, Derick.  Just like you lied when you said your church was sponsoring you as a missionary in Central America and that donations would be used for missionary activities, this is just another Dillard lie in a long list of lies.     

• Love 23
20 hours ago, questionfear said:

I am sort of tempted to follow Derrick on Twitter so I can share my theory on homosexuality and the Bible. 

See, having grown up a Reform Jew, we were always encouraged to look at the reasoning behind the various rules in the Bible, not to necessarily follow them blindly. So for example, many people assume the kosher rules were driven in part by food safety (seriously, I wouldn’t trust a lobster wandering past me in the desert either), that Moses likely led people across the Red Sea at low tide, etc. 

This leads me to the infamous passages on homosexuality. I’ve heard various explanations but here’s my personal theory: propagation of the Jewish community came first. Remember, we were coming out of slavery, and the Egyptians has been killing baby Jewish boys. So my theory is that the law was never intended to ban same-sex relationships, just asking that everyone do their part to make babies first because they needed to grow the community. Would also explain the anti-masturbation stance. 

Im sure it’s not true but I think it’s a fun thought experiment, and based on the internal logic, Nate Berkus and his husband are totally fine-they have a kid, so they’ve done their part. ;) 

This is really an interesting point. I’ve actually seen scholarly references to similar ideas.  The one I remember clearly is the 10 Commandments being rules for establishing God as the predominant diety and protecting personal property and society/families.  While all really good rules for society to follow (don’t kill, don’t steal, take care of your parents, don’t sleep around, take a break on Sundays, etc.)  there were historical and societal reasons behind each of them.  Particularly interesting is the view that the commandment on adultery (much like the commandment on not stealing)  was to protect a man’s property...his wife and offspring/bloodline. Because if a woman stepped out on her husband, she could become pregnant with another man’s child (and spoiling the family line).  And a man could “spoil” another man’s lineage by getting that man’s wife pregnant.  And in the times before birth control and paternity testing there was no real way to tell (and protecting the bloodline back then was everything).  So the only way to keep things as on the up-and-up as possible was to mandate a rule from God that says “no, don’t do this”.

But this all would be blasphemy in the eyes of the Duggars.  To them and their ilk, the Big 10 is never to be questioned (same with the rest of the Bible) and is to be followed blindly without question.  But to the rest of us great unwashed, this is interesting info to ponder.   Not saying that sleeping around in your spouse is a cool thing to do (it isn’t).  Just saying they would never have the ability or capacity to question and research anything that contradicts their mindset. 

Edited by Lady Edith
Added more explanation.
  • Love 15

I want to know what this “new direction” is that Derick keeps talking about.  He claims that is the reason he and Jill “decided” to leave the show, but has never explicitly stated what that direction is. His Cross Church program shouldn’t prevent him from being on the show. Does he consider “raving Twitter lunatic” a new direction?

Of course, I don’t believe he chose to leave. I think TLC decided to stop filming him and film Jill only minimally, but I am curious to hear his explanation for the “new direction” (although we all know he is incapable of giving a straight answer).

• Love 9
51 minutes ago, scriggle said:

Jill is "cooking" again. It certainly doesn't look very appetizing. I haven't checked their site (I refuse to give them clicks) to see if she posted the recipe.

Get comfy, it’s complicated 

B199990D-0AB4-443D-8587-659C68D1B031.png

• Love 6

I was a sucker and clicked on their website. Jill says Michelle used to serve those carrots with baked potatoes on violin lesson night. I'm picturing them getting no protein with that meal at all. And if you're going to heat up the oven to bake potatoes, wouldn't it be easier to just chop everything and roast them? 

• Love 14
1 hour ago, Fostersmom said:

And if you're going to heat up the oven to bake potatoes, wouldn't it be easier to just chop everything and roast them? 

It would, but Logic and the Duggars have never been acquainted.

• Love 13
57 minutes ago, cdp73 said:

That seems like a lot of soy sauce.  The amount of sodium in it coupled with Derick's anger probably isn't doing his blood pressure any favors.

I have an amazing recipe (ala Pinterest) for Mongolian beef that calls for 3/4 cup of soy sauce.  That initial bite makes your eyes bug out, but it's sooo good.

Jill needs to take the proverbial carrot and stick it up her husband's ass.  

• Love 6