Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, Mollie said:

The reasons for this video:

1.  Jill and Derick are desperate to maintain some kind of audience for the next time they want to solicit donations.

2.  Jill and Derick miss being filmed by TLC, so they are making their own videos to show on YouTube.

3.  Jill loves to show off her poor homemaking skills, including her messy living room, which is riddled with small bits and pieces that could easily choke her baby.

Jill.png

Alas, Jill has all the charisma and personality of a kumquat,  Videos like this one, with Jill stumbling over her words and describing perfectly mundane, daily events apparently expecting them to be of interest to the masses is just pathetic.  You can also tell she still has a cold-blow your nose before filming, Jill!

• Love 22
On 4/15/2018 at 12:57 AM, BitterApple said:

Whoa, whoa, whoa. They drove to Colorado?! With a baby and a toddler? They've either got the patience of Job or they're gluttons for punishment.

I have to admit I've driven that from the East Coast and I preferred it.  No I wouldn't have done it with sick kids and you have to plan and allow for extra rest stops to stretch legs and burn off energy but I've loved all our long car trips to the west (not cross country yet; furthest we ever went was Montana) and the things you can see on the way.  The one time I flew to Denver then just drove from there to Colorado Springs; that was the WORST - the quick altitude change hit me like a ton of bricks, I could barely walk from the car to Panera for lunch because I couldn't breathe and for two days I had this raging headache.  Until a local told me the quick cure is drink water like you're OD'ing on it, one day of that and I was back to normal but until then it was just horrible.

OK that's enough sharing, don't want to go to far off topic.  We all know Jill is the clinger, there is no place Derick can go and nothing he can do that he won't have her glued to his side like those marriage rings also contain an invisible umbilical cord between the two of them.  I really wish I knew the truth in his feelings though; I'm divided whether he truly finds it annoying but smiles anyway or whether it strokes his ego to have his oh so submissive wife on display for all the world to see how a perfect marriage should work.  Personally I think given Dericks hubris on social media he likes the "strokes his ego" option.  And of course behind it all is the home life we don't see, the money problems we don't see and the real story on their income, fund raising and donation grifting ways that we'll never really know.

• Love 5
13 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I have to wonder whether the march was, even inf indirectly, Dreck's idea. Given that he seems to be a natural runner, he may encourage Jill to take them on extended treks wherever she can. Which isn't necessarily a bad thing in and of itself, but given that they were both at least in the first stages of coming down with a cold and at a completely unfamiliar altitude, maybe a bit of case-by-case caution might have been warranted. I feel as though Jill just follows Dreck's basic preferences without any consideration for possible changes in circumstance.

Jill does just follow dummy's basic preferences blindly.   She has zero reasoning skills and was raised to just do as she was told.   And Derick is all about Derick.   He doesn't put his wife and kids first, that is abundantly clear.

11 hours ago, farmgal4 said:

I think it’s because neither of them have one lick of common sense.  Zero.

Exactly!

3 hours ago, awaken said:

Utterly pointless. I could make a video about my morning and it would be more exciting. I also get up in the mornings and get kids ready.  Gold stars for all!!

That video was absurd.   Jill just tossed the kids in the car with snacks in order to go see Derick get his sweatshirt from him at mile 4.   Then she decides to take them home and give them breakfast if they are still hungry after the snacks.   Poor Sam looked as though he was crawling around in a dirty and hazardous area.   Jill's primary concern was that they get back out to see  #bestpapa at mile 18.   I just can't with her.   And WHO MAKES A F*CKING VIDEO TO POST ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THIS??????     

Edited by tabloidlover
typos due to lack of coffee
  • Love 17

The video is making me very cranky on top of already being cranky due to no heat in the house. Makes me wish they live closer so I can kick their sorry behinds.

Edited by bigskygirl
1 hour ago, sigmaforce86 said:

OK that's enough sharing, don't want to go to far off topic.  We all know Jill is the clinger, there is no place Derick can go and nothing he can do that he won't have her glued to his side like those marriage rings also contain an invisible umbilical cord between the two of them.  I really wish I knew the truth in his feelings though; I'm divided whether he truly finds it annoying but smiles anyway or whether it strokes his ego to have his oh so submissive wife on display for all the world to see how a perfect marriage should work.  Personally I think given Dericks hubris on social media he likes the "strokes his ego" option.  And of course behind it all is the home life we don't see, the money problems we don't see and the real story on their income, fund raising and donation grifting ways that we'll never really know.

Derick is a big nobody without his marriage to a Duggar daughter.  He has to have her around as his sidekick or he has no claim to quasi-fame. Without Jill nearby, no one recognizes him.

• Love 19

From their blog:

Derick had the opportunity to run his first North American Marathon after having successfully run both a full and half marathon during his time in Nepal a few years ago. Here are some pictures and videos from race day.

Many of you have asked about Derick’s gagging issue, which was talked about on one of the show episodes.  Unfortunately, we have not made progress in determining the cause of the issue.  He does still have a few episodes of gagging when running, but it doesn’t prevent him from running.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to contact us here. Thanks everyone!

And pictures:

C34C9B6D-960C-4837-9A88-A95C660719EB.jpeg

6C86DCAA-3706-45F7-B86C-F96C18537E39.jpeg

0CF52E45-45E3-490A-8216-1888596DD7A6.jpeg

1DC27F4B-1656-4037-A07A-4CE6853D01ED.jpeg

346CEE03-E4F0-4C56-B3D8-5778879CCFF2.jpeg

C763AFF6-7258-4A78-82BC-A35334B67B93.jpeg

• Love 3

I have a few suggestions, but I do not think they would like it. Funny JB and Michelle are visiting. Maybe they are sitting Derelict down and telling him to get his act together. And what the heck with the who hoo babe sign on the car, and the look on her face in the last picture. And yes I cannot believe I am saying this, but Michelle's hair in the one picture does not look bad.

2 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

I have a few suggestions, but I do not think they would like it. Funny JB and Michelle are visiting. Maybe they are sitting Derelict down and telling him to get his act together. And what the heck with the who hoo babe sign on the car, and the look on her face in the last picture. And yes I cannot believe I am saying this, but Michelle's hair in the one picture does not look bad.

I guess it's nice that some Duggar family came to support the Dullards, given how the Duggars show up for all the other kids. Why are the lost girls in lace dresses? Was it Sunday, after church maybe?

I can't remember how big an 8 month old is - is it normal for Sammy to be in an infant car seat at his age?

• Love 1

I'm over 60, and I swear I don't have as many wrinkles as Jill.  It would help if she didn't make those goofy photo faces.  If she had gone to a regular school, would she have been the class clown?  More likely, she would have been the butt of many jokes.

I agree, those signs look ridiculous.  I suppose since they have nothing else going on, she's got to try and make him look like what she considers good.  Ugh.

• Love 7

The signs especially the one on the driver side window. What was she thinking? I guess Constable JD did not tell her it was not a bright idea to put signs on the window which can block her vision while driving,

4 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Okay, here goes....I'm a runner (or at least I was, until recently).  I ran 20ish mi/wk every week for a few years.  I ran a half marathon in what's considered a very respectable pace, placed in some local 10k and 5k races, & even placed second in my age group at a state championship 5k.  That said, my running time took a serious dive after I had my kids. I've had some health issues that have hindered getting my running back to it was a few years ago (and I had two babies in 19 months), but the biggest thing that's kept me from consistently running the mileage I was pre-babies was just being a parent.

Let me say it: Good for Derrick for running a marathon.  Good pace.  Yay Derrick. I'm impressed.  Derrick had to properly train to make that time in a marathon.  No, it's not record-breaking or pacing, but it's a good time that shows consistent training & prep. 

Now let me say the rest of it: I have two toddlers (and a full-time job...Derrick claims he works & studies).  Training for a half-marathon took a LOT of my time. Training for a full marathon would take even more. I will likely never run even a half marathon again until my kids are teens or older because of the huge time commitment it takes to properly train.  

WHEN IN THE HOLY h%$# DID THIS JERK TRAIN? He allegedly *works,* goes to school full-time, and has two toddlers!!!! WHEN?!!! I am jealous. I'm not even sorry.  Here I am, working full-time at a job that I attended college/grad school for several years to get, doing what needs to be done to keep my household functioning day-to-day (with my hubby's help), and taking care of my two toddlers (again, with hubby's help), and I cannot find the time to do any kind of training like this.  I can barely squeeze in 18-20mi/wk...just barely (I'm not actually not running now because of health stuff, so I'm also probably whiny and jealous because of that, too, but up until a few months ago I was hauling a$$ 24/7 with everything I did to make it work to get in the time to run 18-20mi/wk).   Yet this guy is allegedly in a similar situation and can put in the time commitment to train for a full marathon. FML. 

That's not even to mention that registration for races (especially marathons/half-marathons) isn't something a lot of us parents of small children (who are either spending an obnoxious amount of money on childcare while both parents work or living off a single's spouse's income) can part with that easily.  

I mean, good for Derick, but I'm gonna sit over here and be salty about this for a minute.  Rant over. 

I'm guessing that his evasive "work" was training for the marathon.  Of course, if I had to live with Jill, I would be looking to go out for a run once the kids were in bed.

• Love 6
4 hours ago, tabloidlover said:

That video was absurd.   Jill just tossed the kids in the car with snacks in order to go see Derick get his sweatshirt from him at mile 4.   Then she decides to take them home and give them breakfast if they are still hungry after the snacks.   Poor Sam looked as though he was crawling around in a dirty and hazardous area.   Jill's primary concern was that they get back out to see  #bestpapa at mile 18.   I just can't with her.   And WHO MAKES A F*CKING VIDEO TO POST ON THE INTERNET ABOUT THIS??????     

All I can figure is that Jill was raised with her life being video'd - she must think she needs to continue?

And since she's not on the show anymore, and it doesn't seem like she's all that close to her brothers and sisters - are these videos her attempt to let her own family know what the Dullards are doing, and how great their lives are?

• Love 6
On 4/13/2018 at 8:19 PM, DragonFaerie said:

Totally jealous of the asparagus!!!  I love asparagus and just put in a back breaking asparagus garden, so hopefully in a couple of years I'll have a ton, for now, the cheap stuff is all, 'you must eat it before midnight tonight' type food.

Neither do I.  Hubby and I serve salad in a separate bowl or salad plate, I was just confused because there is a bowl of salad on the table, yet no one has any.  Of course hubby and I tend to eat salads first and then the main dish, but it doesn't even seem like that's going on here.  Hmm.

$100 to voluntarily run 26+ miles???? WTF???  What's his job again?  Oh wait it's totally secret, riiiiggght (sarcasm font)

My grandmother had the typical formica table like in a Christmas Story.  My mother had a wood table and did both tableclothes and placemats.  I have a wood table that DEFINITELY needs to be refinished so for small company I do a vinyl/cloth backed tablecloth and do cloth/fancy tablecloth for special events like Thanksgiving, Yule, Beltaine, Birthdays and that type of thing.

I have a wood dining room table that is an antique farmhouse type (was my parents)  I always use either a tablecloth or placemats.  I don't want anything scratching it, leaving rings, etc.  I love this table and so did my mom. 

I had my grandmothers previously (very 60's, round card table type) but late fathers horrible gf wanted to get rid of my dads (my mom had been gone a few years) and it was going to goodwill.  No reason why except it had been my moms and she hated anything to do with my family (found crumpled up pictures of my dads only grandchild in his storage that she had put there) so I decided I loved my parents table more than my grandmothers and took it.  This is why I am very protective of this table, I look at it everyday and it reminds me of my family and members that are no longer.

• Love 9
49 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

From their blog:

Many of you have asked about Derick’s gagging issue, which was talked about on one of the show episodes.  Unfortunately, we have not made progress in determining the cause of the issue.  He does still have a few episodes of gagging when running, but it doesn’t prevent him from running.  If you have any suggestions, feel free to contact us here. Thanks everyone!

He didn't gag before he married you, Jill.  Your cooking must have something to do with it.  Either that, or he is swallowing your hairballs.  

• Love 12

Those stupid construction paper signs look like a kindergarten project. I'm so tired of their ugly home made signs for just about everything. I certainly agree that they are a hazard when driving. Too bad Jill wasn't pulled over for obstructing her view.

That living room carpet is filthy. I think it's supposed to be some type of gold/mustard color, but it's the color of DIRT. Jill, get that carpet professionally steam cleaned.

• Love 8
On 4/15/2018 at 11:29 AM, Heathen said:

There's that diamond place, but I wouldn't really call that touristy. 

btdt --- fell and ruined my tailbone (for life probably). it was a beautiful drive there; we drove up from texas.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

From their blog:

Derick had the opportunity to run his first North American Marathon after having successfully run both a full and half marathon during his time in Nepal a few years ago. Here are some pictures and videos from race day.

And pictures:

Hmm. Was it cold?

• Love 1

On the filming, I didn't watch the video, but I assure mom getting ready with x amount of kids in the morning is a thing among mommy vloggers. Yes, lots of women vlog (blog with video usually via youtube) about their mom lifes with little tips and everything. These women often are stay-at-home mom's looking for a little extra money if they can get it from youtube.  Jill can get a little money that way, especially since she's already famous and her (and the family's) fans will watch. They get more money the more people who watch.

Michelle and the family look all right. Michelle's eye shadow is especially noticeable to me, but I don't wear eyeshadow much. 

I've always wanted to be able to run distances, but I wouldn't know how to train. I had a fundie-lite friend who did like half-marathons, marathons, 5K, and 10K. She did her last running event when her oldest was 8 months. She also got pregnant with her second around then. But she works out religiously even though she has a lot of children. I guess part of it is making the time.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I'm guessing that his evasive "work" was training for the marathon.  Of course, if I had to live with Jill, I would be looking to go out for a run once the kids were in bed.

Nope, you'd have to go for your run BEFORE the kids went to bed, so jill wouldn't be alone for ten seconds! ?

Jill clearly misses being on the show. While I'm not personally sad about not seeing her, Derick is so inconsiderate to get her kicked off, and then act like they're glad to be moving in a new direction. Jill doesn't have many passions in life, and if she loves the show, he should never have jeopardized her place. Plus, it must be pretty lonely to not be able to appear when everyone else in your family can. I wonder if Jill and the kids could appear, and Derick just said no. 

• Love 3
9 hours ago, Mollie said:

The reasons for this video:

1.  Jill and Derick are desperate to maintain some kind of audience for the next time they want to solicit donations.

2.  Jill and Derick miss being filmed by TLC, so they are making their own videos to show on YouTube.

3.  Jill loves to show off her poor homemaking skills, including her messy living room, which is riddled with small bits and pieces that could easily choke her baby.

Jill.png

I was just going to post that they are pigs.  No reason to have all that shit all over the floor.  She obviously isn't purposing to be a good housekeeper.  

• Love 3
30 minutes ago, Kokapetl said:

Hmm. Was it cold?

Ok, pet peeve over inappropriate clothing: it was cold enough for Jill to need a scarf and Cathy a winter hat but all three lost girls are bare legged. It wouldn't surprise me if they were wearing flip flops too.

• Love 12
51 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Sorry but ... What the fuck did I just watch?!

Don't question it. Just slowly step away.

1 hour ago, Christina87 said:

Nope, you'd have to go for your run BEFORE the kids went to bed, so jill wouldn't be alone for ten seconds! ?

Jill clearly misses being on the show. While I'm not personally sad about not seeing her, Derick is so inconsiderate to get her kicked off, and then act like they're glad to be moving in a new direction. Jill doesn't have many passions in life, and if she loves the show, he should never have jeopardized her place. Plus, it must be pretty lonely to not be able to appear when everyone else in your family can. I wonder if Jill and the kids could appear, and Derick just said no. 

Hmmm... I do not know if she really misses being on the show. Does she miss being the center of attention? I would say a big fat yes. When you think about it, she was not on the show much. The show was more focus on Jessa/Ben and now Jinger/Jeremy. She was toss aside for the other couples. She may have been top Duggar daughter once she got married and got pregnant right away, but she is an after thought now.

The Duggar daughters are just not good at the basics of help-meeting. Jill and Jessa just don't keep a clean home. There's a difference between the random disorganization of a house with small children, and the disorder that you see in this video.

Historically women who spent their lives as housewives actually took care of their homes and families. Most of them did a good job, too. Most of them kept clean homes, cooked healthy meals, and actually took care of their children. The ones that didn't weren't rewarded with fame and unearned income. All I see in Jill, Jessa, and Joy is slovenly women in slovenly homes who spend all of their time at their parents' house so that others will care for their children.

I don't know that much about Kendra, but she already seems like she is doing a better job than the Duggar daughters -- maybe because she's actually trying.

• Love 12

From their blog:

I guess I am glad that I did not have to hear about Derick's possible sore nipples or chaffing from running a marathon.

• Love 12
3 hours ago, OpieTaylor said:

I guess it's nice that some Duggar family came to support the Dullards, given how the Duggars show up for all the other kids. Why are the lost girls in lace dresses? Was it Sunday, after church maybe?

I can't remember how big an 8 month old is - is it normal for Sammy to be in an infant car seat at his age?

2 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

In the first picture , why is Tyler wearing a suit to watch Derick run in a marathon??  043A6D09-604F-43A3-B361-3581BE06D700.thumb.jpeg.3dd042228449ae3c54ca5c136bfed7a9.jpeg

Since both the girls & Tyler & Jackson are dressed up,  I'm thinking the Duggars  were on their way or coming  from a function, were in the area & stopped by.  I don't think they made a conscious effort to attend. 

Regarding the mess of stuff on the living room floor - it sounded like Jill woke up Izzy & Sam & they headed out right away to the race on Saturday morning.  The mess was probably not cleaned up from the night before.  I'm not a great housekeeper but I made sure Son of Barb's toys were cleaned up& put away at the end of the day. 

ETA- How far away is the TTH & Jill & Derelict's apartment?  Was  the race close to the Dullards?  

Edited by Barb23
  • Love 3
2 hours ago, Brown eyed girl said:

In the first picture , why is Tyler wearing a suit to watch Derick run in a marathon??  043A6D09-604F-43A3-B361-3581BE06D700.thumb.jpeg.3dd042228449ae3c54ca5c136bfed7a9.jpeg

Why are all the kids so dressed up? I'm guessing it was after church - was the marathon on Sunday?

• Love 1
On 4/15/2018 at 10:00 AM, Marshmallow Mollie said:

They drove as part of a caravan with a three year old and a nursing baby? I do not understand how that could possibly work. Hopefully Israel isn’t potty trained yet because I don’t know how you keep a nursing baby on anyone else’s schedule much less a potty trained toddler.

ETA I am currently on a road trip with my twin four year olds and it drives me BANANAS how much longer everything takes yet traveling with them now is so much easier than it was when they were younger. Come to think it, if they drove, they should have been loaded down with snacks which makes the hour long walk to CFA that much weirder. Maybe Jill felt bad the kids were cooped up in the car so she thought the nice long walk would be a good idea? 

We're going on a plane on Wednesday with our twin toddlers. Who are almost 2. No way in a car. I'm not looking forward to it. 

• Love 5
25 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

Why are all the kids so dressed up? I'm guessing it was after church - was the marathon on Sunday?

I thought so at first, but the Duggars don't get this dressed up for weddings, I'm not sure why they would be this dressed up for church. J'chelle, of course, looks like shit, so it could have been the wedding of one of her children . . .

• Love 7

According to the website of the marathon - it was on Sat the 14th, so no church to go to  - no clue why the kids are dressed up, and I want to take that 1980's denim jacket Mechelle keeps wearing and burn it on a bonfire.

• Love 5
3 hours ago, Kokapetl said:

Hmm. Was it cold?

The little girls look freezing in their lace dresses and bare legs.  It's funny that when it seems hot out, they always wear leggings under sundresses.

Can someone explain what is going on with Jenni's tummy?  Please?

I'm wondering if the family is in a VIP tent.  Maybe JB opened his tight wallet and donated to the cause.  One of the causes was for Springdale public schools!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

The Duggar daughters are just not good at the basics of help-meeting. Jill and Jessa just don't keep a clean home. There's a difference between the random disorganization of a house with small children, and the disorder that you see in this video.

Historically women who spent their lives as housewives actually took care of their homes and families. Most of them did a good job, too. Most of them kept clean homes, cooked healthy meals, and actually took care of their children. The ones that didn't weren't rewarded with fame and unearned income. All I see in Jill, Jessa, and Joy is slovenly women in slovenly homes who spend all of their time at their parents' house so that others will care for their children.

I don't know that much about Kendra, but she already seems like she is doing a better job than the Duggar daughters -- maybe because she's actually trying.

I think Anna is also generally a good homemaker, even if her taste in husbands is piss-poor. 

Lauren, too early to tell.

Jinger appears to be keeping a good home and cooking for herself and Jeremy; we'll see what happens when their daughter is born.

• Love 4

Well Derick still was beaten by a girl. Boston Marathon female winner, Desiree Linden, 2:39:53. As Ginger Rogers once said, "I do everything the man does, only backwards and in high heels!", Desiree ran in 30 degree weather with pelting rain and 30 mph winds. 

• Love 23
15 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I think this is because the Duggars' goal isn't actually for the wives to be good housewives. It's simply to spawn as many children as possible so their families can eventually assume political power. The "good Christian wife" schtick is just the cleaned-up, mass-media-presentable version.

Edited by graefin
  • Love 18
7 hours ago, ginger90 said:

From their blog:

And pictures:

Poor Josie has a fivehead and they've got Jenni dressed in the maternity wear her big sisters should be wearing. And Mullet has a shit ton of makeup on. And Jill's artistic skills are stuck at the third-grade level, just like the rest of her skills.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, sixlets said:

She couldn't even get his Twitter handle correct.  In the Woo Hoo Babe sign, she's missing the "M" in his name.  Smooth Muffin.

Jill seems so unimaginative that she probably has trouble spelling a name that isn't J Duggar.

Spoiler

I used to have a friend who bought a house with her soon to be husband who she had lived with for five years and had a child with.  When they went to sign the papers she decided to sign with her soon-to-be married name, and mispelled it!  It was a four letter name!  They had to sit in the office for another hour while new documents were drawn up so they could try again.  When they got home, she called me up and the first thing out of her mouth was "How do you think <fiance's> last name is spelled?", and was frustrated when I correctly spelled it.

• Love 6