Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Lunera said:

Cathy blocked me as well but this was months ago. From what I saw on her page she's an even bigger hateful nutter than Derick.

Derick retweeted a Fox News article from a month ago to explain he wasn't fired, as if anyone cares.

Screenshot_20171215-104502.thumb.jpg.1923123ed7762b163f15062c147bca0d.jpg

In the direction of the poorhouse?

• Love 4
On 12/13/2017 at 7:03 AM, ginger90 said:

Derick Dillard @derickmdillard 1h

“Whoever guards his mouth preserves his life; he who opens wide his lips comes to ruin.” (Proverbs 13:3)

Ya think ??

I feel like he is taking about his dental adventures here. 

• Love 14
25 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Derick recommends that we "be careful where you get your information."  I heartedly agree and recommend that you not believe anything said by a known liar, deceiver and equivocator.    

Apparently, you haven’t heard that Being A Compulsive Liar is “the new black “.  After all, the most “fashionable and well known” among us are doing it.  Obfuscation rules the day, and I think it might be affecting people’s vision when an apple looks like a banana, and the chattering windup teeth insist it’s true.

I’ll leave it right there, otherwise I will be having to do extended penance in The Prayer Closet without any tapas or wine.

Derick and Jill were rejected by the SBC.  Him for lack of actual experience, but not lacking education, and Muffy was flat our rejected on the basis of her less than remedial education from Duggar Academy.

• Love 21

But....Derick wasn't commissioned by any church from what I understand....ever. They were self-proclaimed missionaries who worked 'along side" SOS by their own words. On another note, who is their right mind quits an accounting job with a major corporation to 'assist with missionary work' when your wife just had a baby and you're planning major jaw surgery? They are all liars and good inventors...of their own truths as it suits them.

• Love 23

Derick's tweets about his "job" are the embodiment of "the lady doth protest too much." Someone secure in himself and in the truth wouldn't bother trying so damn hard to  convince people that is a contributing member of society. Thanks for  confirming your grifter status, boo. And for reminding us that, like you and your family, we are all living rent-free. Inside your head.

• Love 13

"I just felt it was best for my family to cut ties months ago, as we are heading in a different direction."  Bolding mine.

SBaba and I discuss things, even when the outcome is obvious. We were in great jobs prior to adopting when I received a lucrative offer, and he would not have done so well in the area. We decided I would take the job because the move was to a more diverse area. It was difficult for me to see him in a lesser role, but it truly was for the ultimate good, with an interracial adoption a year away. When I became a SAHM out of necessity SBaba had an opportunity that would take us from Northern Ca to Southern CA. There was an urgency to the position and it meant our daughter would not graduate preschool with her classmates. She had been looking forward to her "graduation" for months. It hurt like hell (extra $ added to her therapy fund) but it was best for our family. Health insurance alone has been a life saver with my and now SDaughter's chronic conditions. The point is WE talked a lot, he was willing to give up the job to have our daughter graduate.  He could have said "I'm the sole provider we have to do this." 

Sorry to ramble but Derelict's I and we bother me, although I know he is all about patriarchal ruling as long as Boob and donations support him. HE decided (claims) it was better to cut ties. I am no fan of Jill, but she's been on TLC for ten years, and thinks it is the family's ministry. While I think it's BS that is Jill's reality. I agonized about staying back until our daughter's graduation, but because of abandonment issues it would have really affected her to be away from her father. We talked, we brain stormed, we decided being away from her father for months would be far more damaging to our baby's well being.

"We are heading on different directions." Who exactly is WE? Because if Jill and kids are going to be the new Anna and M kids this is pure bullshit. Did Derelict decide tweeting hate sans TLC constraints would have leg humper money rain? If Jill and kids (or even sans kids) appear on CO (Joy's pregnancy), as another poster has astutely predicted, he is a freaking liar. Of course we know Derick is a proven liar. Is this new direction why Jill is wearing jeans and making an embarrassing effort to photograph her nose stud/henna tattoo? It's obvious Derick is reliving his nonexistent, pathetic glory days of college. But dragging Jill and the kids seems cruel. Many people make a big deal of Jinger wearing jeans and assume it's Jeremy's edict. Jilly Muffin drank gallons of Kool Aid 24/7, to me (a brain dead idiot) she seemed the least likely to go that route. Is Derick's new grift to "minister " to International students and never have to face adulthood? Because even if it is done in Arkansas, is it what Jill wants? I can't imagine the isolation of the Duggar herd and then full immersion in college life.  Going from ample living space to a dark apartment. Something doesn't add up in this tale. Danger America may seem more isolating to most, but I think exposure to college kids could be devastating to someone who fell apart over a collapsed shower rod. I might delete this later because I can't seem to get my point across. In my defense I'm "watching" Cars 3 with my husband and daughter (who is too old for this thing but SBaba indulges her) and my brain is fried. :)

• Love 17

But that is not Jill's mentality, she is ALL for the herd. I was not criticizing her apartment, it's the most "normal" thing a Duggar has done. No one goes straight to a McMansion with no education and a husband with an entry level accountant job. I could not function in that TTH, I can't think of anyone I know who would not go stir crazy. But that is Jill's reality and it must be difficult to adjust.

Edited by SMama
  • Love 9

I actually believe Derick when he says he left the show. They were not part of the married couple tell all show while Jill was still pregnant. It’s probably why we didn’t hear much about Samuels’ birth.   If you remember, TLC’s statement said that Derick had not been featured on the show for months and that they had no future plans to focus on him.  That’s not the same as ‘we fired him’. If TLC had fired him, they’d have shouted it from the rooftops.  Derick probably felt free to be himself on Twitter and make comments about Jazz because he’d already cut ties with TLC. 

As to the SOS stuff- I don’t know anything about missionary qualifications,I also don’t know if SOS is SBC or independent. I wouldn’t think an SOS employee would have a  Dillard family ministry website though. I also don't think an employee would have been able to take as much time off as he did. Maybe an independent contractor could though. 

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 5

As far as I know, Cross Church does not subsidize SOS. IIRC, Churchie posted an exhaustive list of ministries that Cross Church and the SBC support. I remember at the time that Derelict tried to say that they got commissioned by CC, but later backed down and admitted that his church just basically gave the Dullards their blessing. To me that means "Go with God, but not with our money." Someone feel free to corrrect me if I'm wrong here. 

So, in my understanding of events, if they were commissioned, it wasn't by Cross Church. Maybe they were commissioned by Pastor Caldwell's rinky dink church, even if the Duggars weren't attending there quite yet. Joshgate right around the time Derlelict quit Wally World, so the timing of closing down the homechurch and joining up with Caldwell is murky. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, mythoughtis said:

I actually believe Derick when he says he left the show. They were not part of the married couple tell all show while Jill was still pregnant. It’s probably why we didn’t hear much about Samuels’ birth.   If you remember, TLC’s statement said that Derick had not been featured on the show for months and that they had no future plans to focus on him.  That’s not the same as ‘we fired him’. If TLC had fired him, they’d have shouted it from the rooftops.  Derick probably felt free to be himself on Twitter and make comments about Jazz because he’d already cut ties with TLC. 

As to the SOS stuff- I don’t know anything about missionary qualifications,I also don’t know if SOS is SBC or independent. I wouldn’t think an SOS employee would have a  Dillard family ministry website though. I also don't think an employee would have been able to take as much time off as he did. Maybe an independent contractor could though. 

I agree about TLC. The way they worded their statement made it fairly obvious that they didn't fire him. I don't think Derick quit unprompted...TLC probably suggested that he tone down the crazy and he decided to take the "principled" stand and quit. 

• Love 4

@SMama you make some good points.  Derick is basically saying he is the headship and he gets to make the decisions which is how Jill was raised. I don't think he made this decision alone. Jill has had a hard time on social media, and dealing with the negative backlash against her family. She thought she was going to be able to have  lots of babies and give birth on tv like Michelle, Anna, Jessa, etc. Jill has had a lot of challenges to her beliefs. I could see her being willing to accept being less visible. 

I kind of like that Derick said it was his decision, and not TLCs', since some of their fans are angry he is no longer on the show. There was no need for these people to ever have a show and their fans should be happy TLC continues to air the show in any form. Of course it occured to me that JB and his PR consultants told Derick what to tweet, because some of the fans want to start boycott and  they (JB and his in-laws) demand the show must go on.  

• Love 7

dal

@dal871

Replying to @derickmdillard and @renadaaaa

Derick have u ever thought about granting an interview to a credible, neutral but trusted (by you) journalist to tell your side of things and to address common questions/concerns that repeatedly crop up? In the long run would this be helpful or not?

9:02 PM · Dec 16, 2017

Derick Dillard

@derickmdillard

·

7m

Replying to @dal871 and @renadaaaa

Of course. There are obviously terrible biases these days, and every side of a story should be heard. A lot of stories are completely fake, and others are interpreted by dissenters in ways that an article gives absolutely no grounds for.

• Love 2
2 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Replying to @dal871 and @renadaaaa

Of course. There are obviously terrible biases these days, and every side of a story should be heard. A lot of stories are completely fake, and others are interpreted by dissenters in ways that an article gives absolutely no grounds for.

Pistol Pete should stay far away from Fox News.  Maybe Rachel Maddow could present his side of the story.  

• Love 8

If Derick didn’t communicate in quotes open to interpretation, things would be clear. I don’t think he really cares. Since he “cut ties” with TLC, he does actually respond to some tweets now. It’s interesting to see which ones get to him.

• Love 4

They don't need "a neutral journalist", lol.  That person is a humper, or at least phrasing things like one.  All they need, is "a journalist to ask the church and SOS, if Derick was in fact 'commissioned' and paid by them, in a way consistent with what people do for normal missionaries".  I.e., "Are you responsible for him financially, to the point where this can be legitimately considered to be his source of income."  Derick's already told his creative, highly embroidered "side".

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 7
12 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

As far as I know, Cross Church does not subsidize SOS. IIRC, Churchie posted an exhaustive list of ministries that Cross Church and the SBC support. I remember at the time that Derelict tried to say that they got commissioned by CC, but later backed down and admitted that his church just basically gave the Dullards their blessing. To me that means "Go with God, but not with our money." Someone feel free to corrrect me if I'm wrong here. 

So, in my understanding of events, if they were commissioned, it wasn't by Cross Church. Maybe they were commissioned by Pastor Caldwell's rinky dink church, even if the Duggars weren't attending there quite yet. Joshgate right around the time Derlelict quit Wally World, so the timing of closing down the homechurch and joining up with Caldwell is murky. 

I THINK that the word "commissioned" implies that they are sending the missionary money.  No way is Rinky Dinky Caldwell sending the Dillards money to support their mission.  I'm sure Caldwell figured out a long time ago that Derick is a fraud.  

According to Derick, he was triple funded in El Salvador?

1. SOS hired him

2. Cross Church commissioned him (which i think involves money)

3. They asked for money from strangers 

• Love 3
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Yes, according to the Inquisitr article at the time, Derick had to "clarify" (walk back from his lie) and said: “Just this past weekend, we were commissioned to the mission field by our home church. The commissioning consisted of our pastor leading the congregation in praying for our family as we work on the mission field.”

• Love 3

I’m so curious to hear cross church’s view on all this- the supposed commissioning/triple funding, the twatter rants, tic firing/quitting, etc. do they feel this is helpful in attracting followers to their brand, or are they wishing he’d shut up and tone it down a bit?  I’d love to know what leadership there thinks. 

• Love 4

We can speculate all we want about Derick quitting or being fired from his various jobs, but he has told enough contradictory stories that there is simple no way he isn't lying.

He was/was not commissioned by Cross Church. This one is a known lie. Being "commissioned" has an actual meaning in those circles, and he wasn't commissioned.

He was/was not an employee of SOS. I think he was an employee because he was living in a house purchased by SOS, but that's just my opinion. Either he was an employee and he was lying to the humpers while collecting $$$ for Dillard Family Ministries, or he was not in which case he is lying about his "continual employment" and leaving WalMart to "pursue another opportunity."

He was / was not "fired" by TLC. Either he left a money-making gig while he is unemployed and responsible for the support of a wife and two children, or he and Jill were removed from their lead role in the series that is now focusing more on the younger, and less unpleasant siblings.

Derick probably justifies all the lying to himself because Jesus, and maybe he's convinced himself that everything he says is true. Cathy, Dan, and Jill must also know, though, that he's just a liar. How do they justify that?

• Love 20

And, we all know how much the Duggar clan loves them some “filthy lucre”.  I wouldn’t voluntarily give up a chunk of my earnings, either. In Texas, you don’t get unemployment if you quit unless you can prove you’ve been bullied or the employer has violated the EEOC.  Basically, any employer who wants to be rid of me needs to lay me off.  If I leave voluntarily, it’s because I found a better opportunity (more money, closer to home, better benefits).  

Nobody in their right mind is going to walk off a job, unless put under extreme duress.  If Dreck refused to participate, then wouldn’t he be in breach of contract? It’s pretty clear to me that Dreck seriously lacks any sort of a work ethic. I get that he must have really enjoyed life in Nepal, where he thought room and board and a stipend was a great deal in exchange for living abroad. As a bachelor, he didn’t care to need much or buy much and he even had money left over.  In college you learn How Much Stuff Really Costs and that living in a state of penury sucks when you see stuff you want and can afford none of it. That alone drives kids to stay in school and get a job as soon as they can when they graduate. 

Dreck since took on a wife  who doesn’t believe in working for religious reasons, and he’s got two kids now.  Grifting is NOT a job. At least when he was on TLC, he was working for that money. It seems all against Gothard patriarchal teachings for a man who lives off his wife and mommy.

• Love 15

I’m joining a friend of mine tomorrow, to hand out baskets that we put together yesterday. So, I took a quick look at her church website. I know things aren’t always the same as they appear in writing but this church is really filled with such nice people. My point? This is their description of the church ministry:

GO OUTSIDE THE WALLS

AND SERVE ALL PEOPLE

"Go forth into the world to serve God with gladness; be of good courage; hold fast to that which is good; render to no one evil for evil; strengthen the faint-hearted; support the weak; help the afflicted; honor all people; love and serve God, rejoicing in the power of the Holy Spirit."

"TAKE ACTION, FOR IT IS YOUR DUTY, AND WE ARE WITH YOU; BE STRONG, AND DO IT."

To the point, I think. (I am not religious, and this is not a paid ad, lol) Somehow, to me the Duggars and Dillards don’t give me the warm fuzzy feeling.

• Love 10

The Dullards/Duggars are the worst face of Christianity so maybe that's why they give off a slight stench. Do as I say, not as I do, trying to force people into doing what they want via legislation or just being annoying.....all that. They are modern-day puritans. Puritans weren't so popular after a while either, here or in England. But they will never learn from history because you have to learn things from someone who knows more than you do.

• Love 14
On 12/15/2017 at 8:55 PM, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20171215-104502.thumb.jpg.1923123ed7762b163f15062c147bca0d.jpg

Derick: "For the record, I was never fired."

Truth:  TLC's reality TV stars are not employees to begin with, so in that sense, they are neither hired nor fired.  They are independent contractors who enter into a performance contract with TLC.  If they violate the terms of the contract, they can be sued.  Derick can't just up and leave the show or "cut ties" as he phrased it, because he is bound by the terms of the contract.  It is up to TLC to decide to film him or not and when and if he will appear in an episode. 

The last episode featuring Derick was "Joy and Austin Tie the Knot" which aired on October 16, 2017.  This episode showed the Duggar family meeting Derick, Jill and Israel at the airport as they returned from Central America for Joy's wedding in May.

Two weeks after that episode aired, the Lily and Ellie Duggar Family Blog wrote that the future of Counting On was uncertain and that the show had not yet been renewed.  Lily and Ellie posted on December 11, that the show still had not been renewed.

So, that is what really happened.  The contract term was over and Derick's contract was not renewed.  It looks like nobody's contract has been renewed.  TLC has still not made an announcement about this.

Once again, Derick has been proven to be a liar.  He didn't "cut ties months ago, as we are heading in a different direction."  The truth is, his contract expired, the network did not offer him a new one, and his new direction is to live without that TLC income.

Further, TLC singled out Derick as persona non grata, posting: "the network has no plans to feature him in the future."

If it were really Derick's idea to "cut ties months ago", he would have announced it months ago.  It wasn't Derick's decision; TLC gave him no choice.

• Love 20
33 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

They are modern-day puritans. Puritans weren't so popular after a while either, here or in England.

England had the sense to give them a way out, but at that time, religious freedom there was a matter of life and death. Yeah, they were a pain in the ass, but they didn’t deserve to be hurt.  However, those Puritans only wanted to worship God in their own way, not try to force everyone else to think or worship their way. The evangelicals of today want to force their puritanical beliefs on everyone through legislation.

Around the turn of the 18th century, Methodism was something that challenged the predominantly Anglican thought, but they were more tolerated.  There’s  scene in Poldark (since Cornwall was the cradle of Methodism), we find a loosely believing Demelza coming to the defense of a congregation, for whom she and her husband permitted a church plant on their land. The thinking was, “not all may agree with them, but where’s the harm in letting people worship God in their own way?”

• Love 2

So if Derick felt it was best for his family to cut ties, in English that would mean Jill and the kids cut ties too, correct? Or, is he saying it would be best for the whole family if he no longer participared ?

• Love 5
34 minutes ago, Mollie said:

Derick: "For the record, I was never fired."

Truth:  TLC's reality TV stars are not employees to begin with, so in that sense, they are neither hired nor fired.  They are independent contractors who enter into a performance contract with TLC.  If they violate the terms of the contract, they can be sued.  Derick can't just up and leave the show or "cut ties" as he phrased it, because he is bound by the terms of the contract.  It is up to TLC to decide to film him or not and when and if he will appear in an episode. 

The last episode featuring Derick was "Joy and Austin Tie the Knot" which aired on October 16, 2017.  This episode showed the Duggar family meeting Derick, Jill and Israel at the airport as they returned from Central America for Joy's wedding in May.

Two weeks after that episode aired, the Lily and Ellie Duggar Family Blog wrote that the future of Counting On was uncertain and that the show had not yet been renewed.  Lily and Ellie posted on December 11, that the show still had not been renewed.

So, that is what really happened.  The contract term was over and Derick's contract was not renewed.  It looks like nobody's contract has been renewed.  TLC has still not made an announcement about this.

Once again, Derick has been proven to be a liar.  He didn't "cut ties months ago, as we are heading in a different direction."  The truth is, his contract expired, the network did not offer him a new one, and his new direction is to live without that TLC income.

Further, TLC singled out Derick as persona non grata, posting: "the network has no plans to feature him in the future."

If it were really Derick's idea to "cut ties months ago", he would have announced it months ago.  It wasn't Derick's decision; TLC gave him no choice.

It is my theory that JB made Derick say he (Derick) cut ties with them (TLC) , to keep the sympathy-for-Derick boycotts to a minium. They want this show on the air.

Your explanation does make sense too.

Then Derick could be in a round-bout way telling the truth.  He could have wanted out and so started doing things to try to get out of the show. If they had him undercontract and said no to him leaving.  They were going to keep airing the footage,  and he could have started trying to sabotage things to get kicked off. It's like when one person cheats to get the other person to break-up with them. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 4

Derick joined the circus when he married Jill.  It might have been way more than he bargained for, since he came from relative obscurity and a small family to a loud and chaotic family and having to listen to Donkey Face and his simpering idiot, Mullet. He also found out that Jilly was way too tied to her family to take one step in another direction.   Derick, being a beta male, believes “it’s better to go along to get along”, but now he’s a lazy, grifting Koolaid drinker after his transformation was complete.

• Love 16
1 hour ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

Derick joined the circus when he married Jill.  It might have been way more than he bargained for, since he came from relative obscurity and a small family to a loud and chaotic family and having to listen to Donkey Face and his simpering idiot, Mullet. He also found out that Jilly was way too tied to her family to take one step in another direction.   Derick, being a beta male, believes “it’s better to go along to get along”, but now he’s a lazy, grifting Koolaid drinker after his transformation was complete.

I think THIS, and he probably thought they would have some privacy after marriage. It seems like they see Cathy a "normal" amount for a married couple, and that's probably what he expected for the TTH too. Instead, Jilly can't function on her own, and probably was at the TTH multiple times a week. Then the cracks begin to show with Joshgate. Up until this point, he has been tolerating this family that gets on his nerves a little bit because he sees them as this perfect Christian family he married into. Now, he deeply resents them AND finds them annoying, but they have his balls under lock and key. I've often felt, as others have said, that Cathy has silently accepted a background role in the big family circus to avoid alienating her son, like at the airport where they're all greeting the Dullards and she is an afterthought. I bet Joshgate hurt derrick's ability to put up with them, plus I bet he expected to fit in with the brothers better than he did, which is hard, since he's a dork. Ben seems to fit in well, throwing around footballs and all, and the boys seem to like Jeremy, and are friends with Austin. Derrick's the odd man out that no one wants to sit with. 

• Love 16

Who would have thunk that two psychologically damaged, sketchily educated, socially-awkward people who only got to know each other via FaceTime and supervised visitation would have as wonderful a marriage as these two idiots have? I did, and it's nice to know I was right. Derrick probably had his lunch money stolen as a child and I'm sure he never had a date in college because reasons. Jill is just permanently damaged goods.

• Love 17

@Christina87's post brings to mind the scenes at the trampoline park, pre-Austin's official inclusion into the Borg. Ben and Austin aced the place, while Derelict struggled with the physical tasks. His marital advice wasn't so hot either. Ben actually looked like the more experienced husband.

• Love 12
6 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

We can speculate all we want about Derick quitting or being fired from his various jobs, but he has told enough contradictory stories that there is simple no way he isn't lying.

He was/was not commissioned by Cross Church. This one is a known lie. Being "commissioned" has an actual meaning in those circles, and he wasn't commissioned.

He was/was not an employee of SOS. I think he was an employee because he was living in a house purchased by SOS, but that's just my opinion. Either he was an employee and he was lying to the humpers while collecting $$$ for Dillard Family Ministries, or he was not in which case he is lying about his "continual employment" and leaving WalMart to "pursue another opportunity."

He was / was not "fired" by TLC. Either he left a money-making gig while he is unemployed and responsible for the support of a wife and two children, or he and Jill were removed from their lead role in the series that is now focusing more on the younger, and less unpleasant siblings.

Derick probably justifies all the lying to himself because Jesus, and maybe he's convinced himself that everything he says is true. Cathy, Dan, and Jill must also know, though, that he's just a liar. How do they justify that?

You really think Jill, at minimum, is smart enough to know what it takes for a missionary to qualify as a missionary, though?  Without which knowledge she'd probably swallow everything "manly better-educated smarter Derick" says?  I doubt this.  She probably knows who gets her TLC paycheck, but she probably believes anything anyone tells her about how missionaries get their money, and shuts her ears to anything different or further after the first issued explanation.  I also doubt I'd even have tangential knowledge about how missionaries get their money and what they do either, without the fact that I had occasional conversations with sponsored missionaries from my congregation growing up whom I knew fairly well, and could thus ask questions (which could not be done by Jilly Muffin because she belonged to JB's "home church").  Hell, Jill believed she was qualified AS a potential missionary.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4