Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mine's a nod to QE2's nickname (the whole of which is my very common middle name) with my maiden name. It looks like a legitimate name that in no way resembles my real one. ?

Lilibet.  I'm not seeing you.

• Love 1
21 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

It also appears that Derick has been getting his hair cut by Jill. No style, basic bowl cut usually given to a small child. His brother has an actual haircut. 

Dan Dillard is homely, but he looks better than his brother now. 

Think Jilly used a cereal bowl or a mixing bowl?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I post often about how dirty they are, so I'll give this a shot. In this particular picture, they don't look especially dirty to me, they do still look un-kept -- and that adds to the perception that they're dirty.

Jill is wearing a long, shapeless, hideous skirt, topped with a shapeless top. There is nothing particularly complimentary or coordinating about these two pieces -- they just look (to me) like something she grabbed. Then, for no reason, there is a jean jacket thrown over this mess -- a different clothing style, a different fabric weight, and a different (not complimentary) color palette. None of these things particularly work together, and none of them flatter her in any way. In all fairness, she does look clean, and her hair looks as good as I've ever seen it.

Compare her with Deena who is wearing a simple, age-appropriate dress (while I don't like the dress, either, it is more age appropriate than whatever it is that Jill is wearing). Deena, too, looks clean, and her hair is shiny and combed -- this seems the norm for Deena, however.

Derick is wearing ill-fitting pants -- I might think it was a trick of the light except that Derick is ALWAYS wearing ill-fitting pants. His shirt and jacket just look randomly selected, not dirty. I am not a fan of the 3-day beard look that Derick affects, so it always looks awful to me, but he otherwise looks clean.

Compare him, however, with Dan. Dan's pants fit, and Dan is wearing an unrumpled shirt the coordinates with his pants. Dan looks like he's dressed for church.

I realize that styles change and people no longer dress up for church in many denominations, but there is a difference between "casually dressed" and "didn't bother with a mirror." In all honesty, this is one of the advantages of suits and ties and simple dresses -- it reduces the number of options for people who are style-challenged and puts everyone on a more level sartorial playing field.

Thank you for your response, and I understand where you're coming from.  But when has Jill ever claimed to be a fashionista or fashion plate?  Jill's family is dressed like many of my family members who are from Arkansas, and I don't get why it's something worthy of the constant criticism.  This family has brought about a lot of criticism and is deserving of so much of it.  But the constant remarks about how "dirty" they are, and how Israel is beaten down with bruises under his eyes and has no spirit . . . .  It's hyperbole and seems almost rote.  A picture is posted, and automatically - dirty, unkempt, Izzy is so obviously neglected, thank God grandma Cathy remembers the poor little sprite, and won't someone think of poor baby Samuel?  

Some people are very into the superficials - perfectly styled hair, flawless makeup, immaculate nails, stylish clothing and shoes - and some aren't.  Jill has a natural wave to her hair, and it doesn't mean that it isn't combed.  She could flat iron her hair straight, but then she'd catch some of the Jingle criticism of having damaged hair because she's fighting her hair's natural state.  There's nothing that I see in these pictures that implies to me that they are unbathed or wearing dirty clothes.  They look like hippies more than anything, and I can't say I prefer Deena's outfit.  Her hair is bleached and damaged, her dress is not flattering, and the tights and shoes are unfortunate.  The only difference I see between Derick and his brother is that Dan has lighter colored hair.  Could Jill and Derick have used a steamer on their clothing to smooth out wrinkles, sure.  In my own personal life, I've noticed that a childless couple tends to look brighter, shinier, and less wrinkled than one that has two young children.

• Love 19
5 hours ago, Aja said:

Can confirm. :)

It doesn’t just happen with LGBTQ people. When I was newly divorced and thought I would never be happy again, I met my now second husband. I felt and acted just like a teenager...looking back, it is really embarrassing. My teenage kids were horrified. Justifiably.

• Love 12
1 hour ago, PradaKitty said:

It also appears that Derick has been getting his hair cut by Jill. No style, basic bowl cut usually given to a small child. His brother has an actual haircut. 

The hair is just tragic. 

• Love 5
3 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Does this just get repeated out of habit?   I don't see anything "dirty" about them.  And I'm pretty sure Deena's outfit would be mocked if it were Jill wearing it - it's slightly horrifying.

Derick just looks unkempt. The hair and scruff leads to an idea of dirty that may or not be there. I wouldn't wear Jill's outfit, or Cathy's or Deena's either for that matter, but lack of piece coordination aside, she looks fine. My biggest issue is a) PICK UP YOUR DAMN BABY! and b) Derick and his mom seem to have the same haircut. 

• Love 5

IMO, Jill should have a skirt of a different design, and also color.  In black it would work, though I still don't love the double ruffle (too much Duggary "we need to all look like Dr. Quinn Medicine Woman in the Wild Wild West, in order to be "modest").  The jean shirt doesn't do anything for me but also would be less bad when paired with black; but basically the problem is how stretched-out and typical-Duggar-ragbaggy the whole ensemble looks on her, in addition to matronly.  Jill is a young woman, and this is the best body she is likely to have in her entire life (I speak from bitter experience here, ha).  It is possible to get waisted things that nip in to suggest waists, without clinging to every curve, instead of everything falling like paper bags from plumb lines.  You probably can't do much with Derrick on account of his whole skinny-Lurch thing, but at least his jacket sleeves cover his wristbones (I feel like sometimes they don't).  Izzy's pants seem too short (though partially may be because Derrick's grip are kiting the legs upwards) and his shirt too huge/long; and again, he's supposed to be in church, not tumbling about on the playground/told he has to come prepped in his worst clothes for a day of fingerpainting.  If one does not want to go about bare-legged, I'm not sure how Deena's tights are worse than Cathy's in the operation; though I don't much care for the Magic Eye quality of Cathy's dress fabric and Deena's boots are tragic, looking more like "the knockoff Ugg house slippers you put on when you're at home after church". 

Basically, my problem with Jill's styling is that - let's face it - Jill has money.  She has money enough from television appearances to at least visit the Gap/Lord and Taylor and buy things brand new, which more importantly, fit.  She needs to read a few magazine articles or books on "creating a wardrobe", and start building up that inventory in things that look flattering on her, instead of staying wedded to the oddities she hauled out of the family thrifted closet (didn't one of the sisters lament that Jill had run off with all the "cute clothes"?  If so, wow).  If she finds a basic tee, she should buy that tee in every color of the rainbow that looks good on her.  Etc.

• Love 5
7 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Does this just get repeated out of habit?   I don't see anything "dirty" about them.  And I'm pretty sure Deena's outfit would be mocked if it were Jill wearing it - it's slightly horrifying.

I think Jill & Derick look like slobs most of the time.  With their money & lots of free time they could make an effort. When you constantly post photos on social media, people are going to comment.  

• Love 12

The picture of Jill and her in-laws is taken on the same day of Henry's dedication and the pictures were posted on here within a couple of days of each other. So the criticism of Jill's attire came up again. Of all the outfits Jill has worn this has to be one of the most disheveled looks. I think most folks were taught to dress with thought and respect for an occasion regardless of how they dress casually. Jill wore this to her child's first big day at church.

IMO, Jill needs to invest in 3 or 4 well fitting neutral colored skirts and a dozen or so interchangeable tops. This will increase the odds that any outfit thrown together will look okay.

The skirt - I can't think of anyone who could make that skirt look good and it kinda of emphasizes the overall unkempt look.

• Love 11

I just have to say I don't generally care what people wear.  Calling people dirty just reeks to much of marginalization to me.  I usually won't do it.  Historically, it had never been a good thing.  There are enough reasons to snark on these people without it.

But, hey whatever floats your boat!

• Love 7
13 minutes ago, flyingdi said:

I just have to say I don't generally care what people wear.  Calling people dirty just reeks to much of marginalization to me.  I usually won't do it.  Historically, it had never been a good thing.  

Historically it is when you present yourself with a holier than thou attitude as Derick & Jill do.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

I'm really surprised that Derick hasn't tweeted about Jerusalem yet.

Not in his own words. He has re-tweeted though. I can’t link on my phone correctly. Here’s one

Sebastian Gorka DrG

@SebGorka

·

18h

America: the Greatest Nation made by Man. Israel: the Greatest Nation made by the Lord. God Bless @realDonaldTrump for his courage.

1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Not in his own words. He has re-tweeted though. I can’t link on my phone correctly. Here’s one

Sebastian Gorka DrG

@SebGorka

·

18h

America: the Greatest Nation made by Man. Israel: the Greatest Nation made by the Lord. God Bless @realDonaldTrump for his courage.

So Derrick retweets a Nazi.  What a wonderful, loving Christian man.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, ginger90 said:

Sebastian Gorka DrG

@SebGorka

·

18h

Wow. Sebastian freaking Gorka, Derick? Really?  What's next? Tiki torch selfies with David Duke?  How disgusting. I know they believe in the whole Jews have to be in Jerusalem before the rapture thing, but this is the person you choose to quote in support of it? 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Wow. Sebastian freaking Gorka, Derick? Really?  What's next? Tiki torch selfies with David Duke?  How disgusting. I know they believe in the whole Jews have to be in Jerusalem before the rapture thing, but this is the person you choose to quote in support of it? 

Jews have been in Jerusalem for a very long time. All Dereck has to do is read a bloody map. If Dillydumdum read his Bible, he’d know that the Second Coming isn’t something that can be manipulated by politics or by Fundies deciding they know when it’s going to happen. 

During Mass, the congregation says.  “Christ had died. Christ is Risen. Christ will come again.” It’s an arcticle of faith for Christians the world over.  Yes, there were signs to look for that have repeated themselves since the days  of the early Church.  Even His original Apostles believed He would return in their lifetime.  Christians were also warned against false prophets. Jesus said that we would neither know the day nor the hour.  Read your Bible, Dreck.

• Love 19
13 minutes ago, MyPeopleAreNordic said:

Oh, Derick....how I wish you'd meet and take a long time to listen to a Palestinian Christian..... 

PS: Article of interest written last Christmas season about the effects of the views on Israel by US Evangelical Christians on Palestinian Christians. https://www.washingtonpost.com/posteverything/wp/2016/12/23/evangelicals-side-with-israel-thats-hurting-palestinian-christians/?utm_term=.c20e5ff66c27

(For the record, I personally support Israel's right to exist - just clarifying before anyone accuses me of something like that. I'm just saying the Israeli-Palestinian conflict is much more complex and nuanced than the "God wants the Jews in Israel and the Muslims are all terrorists anyway" position that Derick, other fundies, and certain idiots in positions of power care to understand because they need the Jews to have control of Israel so the rapture can happen and they can all disappear....or they can win votes of those who believe this). 

Thanks for the link.  I wish it would have gone a little bit further.  I think that Derrick and his ilk do not care about the Palestinian Christians since they are not of the "right" denomination. 

• Love 6
15 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Thank you for your response, and I understand where you're coming from.  But when has Jill ever claimed to be a fashionista or fashion plate?  Jill's family is dressed like many of my family members who are from Arkansas, and I don't get why it's something worthy of the constant criticism.  This family has brought about a lot of criticism and is deserving of so much of it.  But the constant remarks about how "dirty" they are, and how Israel is beaten down with bruises under his eyes and has no spirit . . . .  It's hyperbole and seems almost rote.  A picture is posted, and automatically - dirty, unkempt, Izzy is so obviously neglected, thank God grandma Cathy remembers the poor little sprite, and won't someone think of poor baby Samuel?  

Some people are very into the superficials - perfectly styled hair, flawless makeup, immaculate nails, stylish clothing and shoes - and some aren't.  Jill has a natural wave to her hair, and it doesn't mean that it isn't combed.  She could flat iron her hair straight, but then she'd catch some of the Jingle criticism of having damaged hair because she's fighting her hair's natural state.  There's nothing that I see in these pictures that implies to me that they are unbathed or wearing dirty clothes.  They look like hippies more than anything, and I can't say I prefer Deena's outfit.  Her hair is bleached and damaged, her dress is not flattering, and the tights and shoes are unfortunate.  The only difference I see between Derick and his brother is that Dan has lighter colored hair.  Could Jill and Derick have used a steamer on their clothing to smooth out wrinkles, sure.  In my own personal life, I've noticed that a childless couple tends to look brighter, shinier, and less wrinkled than one that has two young children.

I would agree with you, except that most young people in Arkansas aren't public figures, and don't make their living by presenting themselves to the public as role models. I will give a lot of the Duggars a pass on this: Joe/Kendra and Joy/Austin aren't all over social media, and the younger children, obviously have no choice. Jill/Derick, Jessa/Ben, and Jinger/Jeremy are, however, obviously and actively working social media and attempting to further the Duggar brand.

Jessa/Ben had some missteps early on with the fire and brimstone, and anti-Catholic posts, but Jessa currently curates a pretty good feed of pictures of her toddlers (the mis-step with the dirty diapers aside). Although, I think Jessa looks like a slob a fair amount of the time, her kids are cute, clean, and well-dressed.

Jinger/Jeremy have a publicly pleasing, if somewhat obnoxious presence as an attractive young couple. Everything they post is staged and curated. It may come across as phony, but they are protecting their image and their brand.

Jill and Derick have posted more than a few unfortunate photos of Izzy. There have been multiple images of a swaddled Izzy screaming his head off. There have been posts of him doing things that most parents would put a stop to, rather than photograph (e.g. licking a fan). There have been more than a few photo of him in mis-matched and ill-fitting clothing. If you're putting clothing on a child, it's not that much harder to put on clothing that matches -- especially if you want thousands of people to view your posts.

Jill and Derick themselves look awful all the time. I'm no fashion plate myself, but I choose the clothes that I will wear in public, or to work with more care than what I wear to schlub around the house. The photos that we are talking about were taken at their son's dedication ceremony -- exactly what are they saving their good clothes for? This was a special occasion, at church, for the benefit of THEIR SON, at which they knew they would be presented on stage. The fact that Cathy, Dan, and Deena are all dressed nicely suggests that it would not be unreasonable to expect the parents of the honoree to dress respectably as well. I agree with you that they are affecting a hippie/Bohemian look, they just aren't doing it well.

These aren't photos that are being snapped by the paparazzi against their will -- they are taking these photos, looking at them, and then posting them. They need to develop an edit function that will allow them to post the cute photos, but leave the others on the cutting room floor.

• Love 23
36 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Thanks for the link.  I wish it would have gone a little bit further.  I think that Derrick and his ilk do not care about the Palestinian Christians since they are not of the "right" denomination. 

True. Also, the fact that the Palestinian Christians aren't the right "color" (ie: white like blonde, blue-eyed Nordic Jesus who looks nothing like what the historical Jesus probably would have) probably doesn't help, either......

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Actually, there aren't that many "Palestinian Christians" to care about.  They only represent 2% of the population in the Holy Land.  Eighty percent of them now live abroad, especially in Latin America.  In 1950, Bethlehem and the surrounding villages were 86% Christian. But by 2016, the Christian population dipped to just 12%, according Bethlehem mayor Vera Baboun.  After Bethlehem's takeover by Yasser Arafat in 1995, they have been pushed out of Bethlehem by Muslims.

In 2002, Islamic militants entered the Franciscan Church of the Nativity in Bethlehem and took 200 monks as hostages for 39 days, until they were freed by Israeli forces.  If Derick wants to organize U.S. Christians to help, they will be facing radical Islamists, just like in Syria, Iraq, Iran, Libya, etc.  Good luck with that.

In response to the link posted above, it might interest you to know that Jesus was actually born in Bethlehem of Galilee, not the Bethlehem located south of Jerusalem.  Bethlehem of Galilee is located four miles from Nazareth, less than an hour's ride by donkey.

https://hubpages.com/religion-philosophy/Bethlehem-Israel

• Love 2

Looking at Jill in 2017, it is very obvious that either Jinger or Jana was dressing her before she got married.  She looked OK bordering on cute when she was courting.  

Jill's hair doesn't bother me.  It's very natural and it is what it is.  She needs to find some skirts with some structure to them so she can avoid the frumpy look.  Maybe she gained weight and is uncomfortable with the weight gain and thinks that "hiding" under loose clothing helps? 

Derick always look rough. 

• Love 12
5 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Looking at Jill in 2017, it is very obvious that either Jinger or Jana was dressing her before she got married.  She looked OK bordering on cute when she was courting.  

Jill's hair doesn't bother me.  It's very natural and it is what it is.  She needs to find some skirts with some structure to them so she can avoid the frumpy look.  Maybe she gained weight and is uncomfortable with the weight gain and thinks that "hiding" under loose clothing helps? 

I actually think Jill looks pretty in the above photo.  Derrick, on the other hand, looks like a homeless person.

• Love 3

If you look really close in the Dillard family pic, you can see a foot facing in toward Deena. Maybe Mr Cathy? (Looks like Deena has an unfortunate hole in her tights)

Witness Protection Program?

Smart intelligent man?

Shady past?

I'm guessing this dude has seen how invasive the world becomes for Reality TV celebrities and opted out of the circus.

• Love 9
11 minutes ago, Marigold said:

You know, some people just don't care much about clothes. I'm thinking Ina Garten. With all the money she has, she sticks with her comfy high water pants and big, unstructured Eileen Fisher knock off shirts. The Dillards' clothes are the least of their issues. 

• Love 8
23 hours ago, RedheadZombie said:

Could Jill and Derick have used a steamer on their clothing to smooth out wrinkles, sure.  In my own personal life, I've noticed that a childless couple tends to look brighter, shinier, and less wrinkled than one that has two young children.

I've actually noticed that couples that have jobs tend to look more put-together than those that don't, even those that have multiple children.  Being forced to plan your days, and follow a schedule can often help people stay organized and look less like they're homeless drifters. 

And that can mean wearing clothes that don't look like you dug them out of the dirty clothes hamper the next morning after a night of beer pong & marathon sessions of Guitar Hero. 

And I don't think either of them own a comb.  

And Ina Garten's shirts aren't exactly knock-offs as they're custom made for her.  She did originally wear Eileen F, but now doesn't have to buy off the rack.  Because she works for a living, unlike these two.  

Edited by leighdear
  • Love 12
30 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

If you look really close in the Dillard family pic, you can see a foot facing in toward Deena. Maybe Mr Cathy? (Looks like Deena has an unfortunate hole in her tights)

Smart intelligent man?

Shady past?

I'm guessing this dude has seen how invasive the world becomes for Reality TV celebrities and opted out of the circus.

Good eye! Of course I had to look again. Looks like the person has a red plaid shirt on.

Lol at witness protection!

• Love 2

Deeick’s gofundme is no longer accepting donations........why?

Update 13

Posted by Derick Dillard 

3 hours ago

Thank you friends & family for helping me reach my fundraising goal! I'm so grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing how God continues work during this next year in Cross Church School of Ministry. Thank you!

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Good eye! Of course I had to look again. Looks like the person has a red plaid shirt on.

Lol at witness protection!

I think it's two people, because the shoe faces in the wrong direction from the red shirt. Then I noticed for the first time they're in a church or room of a church (probably not where the service is held). I'm sure many people are more observant and saw it says Proudly with Jesus, People help(?) Each Other, People Change the World before I noticed it. 

Edited by Temperance
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I hope so. That’s the best case scenario. 

• Love 3
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Smart intelligent man?

Shady past?

I didn't notice the shady extraneous character, but the photo did look to me as though Deena had a hole in her tights...I finally figured out that it was just a bit of background coming off as sort of flesh-colored in the small amount of space visible between her knees. It's really a rather unfortunate detail, though, as it just draws the eye and more or less forces the brain to come up with an explanation of what it is.

I'm not terribly fond of the dress/tights/shoes combo either, but am willing to concede that it probably looked better in real life.

• Love 4
3 hours ago, PuhLeeze said:

You know, some people just don't care much about clothes. I'm thinking Ina Garten. With all the money she has, she sticks with her comfy high water pants and big, unstructured Eileen Fisher knock off shirts. The Dillards' clothes are the least of their issues. 

Yes, but they clearly (IMO) look like expensive shirts of good fabric:

https://www.google.com/search?q=ina+garten&rlz=1CAHPZQ_enUS723US724&tbm=isch&source=iu&ictx=1&fir=ovxuL1fZTVnXUM%3A%2CS-cisxzswFa07M%2C_&usg=__LuE1QPpImsyHa_58hBd1wIy7TQ0%3D&sa=X&ved=0ahUKEwiE5L2IufnXAhVEOiYKHQDeApwQ_h0IwQEwGA#imgrc=ovxuL1fZTVnXUM:

Plus the sticking to complementary color families and appropriate statement necklaces, to offset the plainness of the outfits designed to thin Ina out for the camera.  Some people can construct "looks" naturally, including mixing patterns and colors that if you were to describe to someone verbally with no visual aids, they would assume that person had dressed in the dark; and yet, when you see them in person, it works beautifully.  Jill clearly is not that person.

Edited by queenanne
  • Love 4

I’m glad to see Jilly taking some baby steps to become her own person. She’s still very stunted, but may be for a long while, particularly regarding her lack of education.

A-poster from another forum shared this article because one of the personalities on the show was educated at a private conservative Christian school.  The wording really spoke to me because this girl had some serious social anxiety sorting out what she’d always been taught vs critical thinking. 

Here's the HuffPo article: https://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/school-voucher-evangelical-education-betsy-devos_us_5a021962e4b04e96f0c6093c

Edited by Arwen Evenstar
  • Love 12
7 hours ago, queenanne said:

Yes, but they clearly (IMO) look like expensive shirts of good fabric:

[snipped link]

Plus the sticking to complementary color families and appropriate statement necklaces, to offset the plainness of the outfits designed to thin Ina out for the camera.  Some people can construct "looks" naturally, including mixing patterns and colors that if you were to describe to someone verbally with no visual aids, they would assume that person had dressed in the dark; and yet, when you see them in person, it works beautifully.  Jill clearly is not that person.

"Knock-off" was shorthand. I remember the story of her shirts. She found something she liked and had them custom-made. Did Eileen Fisher make them? No. I adore Ina. I'M not bashing her. Back in the PTV days, there was a lot of criticism of her clothing. I believe "shent" was used quite a bit. I was using her as an example of someone who seems to see clothing as a way to cover nudity. She's comfortable. Good for her. 

Again, Jill not being a fashionista isn't an issue for me. I'm sure she'd be bashed for that too. Look at the uproar over the nose-piercing! [yes, I'm being sarcastic] Hippy dippy works for her, imo, etc. 

Edited by PuhLeeze
  • Love 2

Jill is quite impressed with her nose piercing and henna tattoo.  If she didn't care how she looked, why so excited by how those two things look and then post them on social media? 

Jill cares how she looks but is lacking skills to look more put together.  This IS her best. 

I don't think Jill looks terrible, sloppy, but not terrible.  

• Love 7

I consider myself a religious person and a Christian (born and raised Catholic but still).  The words "all Christians need to pray for this" scare me.  Don't fundies have any faith that their God will sort out Himself whatever He disagrees with?

For the record I am not against gay marriage and, really, two members of the same sex getting married does not affect me in any way.

• Love 13
12 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Deeick’s gofundme is no longer accepting donations........why?

Update 13

Posted by Derick Dillard 

3 hours ago

Thank you friends & family for helping me reach my fundraising goal! I'm so grateful for your support and I look forward to seeing how God continues work during this next year in Cross Church School of Ministry. Thank you!

Let us analyze this.  Derick's appeal supposedly raised $6,074.  Of that, $4,944 was raised 'offline by anonymous donors', which is probably a euphemism for 'phony donations' or, at the very least, 'suspicious.'  Seriously, do you really believe that someone made a last-minute donation of $2,100 to a gofundme request that isn't even tax deductible? In addition, another $460 was given by more anonymous donors, which brings the grand total of anonymous donations to $5,404. 

The campaign went on for a month and was shared 566 times on Facebook.  Only 26 donations were made.  Of those, six donations were for $5.

In the last three days of the fundraising campaign, $2,250 was given by two anonymous donors and was given 'offline.'  These last two donations brought the grand total to the $6,000 mark, which was $500 short of the amount Derick originally asked for in his two prior efforts to raise money online with PureCharity.  At that, Derick cancelled the gofundme campaign, only reaching 60% of the $10,000 he was asking for.  That gives him a grade of D- for fundraising.   

I think when he married Jill that he dreamed of 1,000,000 Duggar fans donating $10 a year each to his missionary 'career.'  Obviously that didn't pan out for him, so he closed Dillard Family Ministries and left Central America, never to return.  Now he has aligned himself with Cross Church, which has a membership of over 20,000 people.  Obviously, these congregants − who live nearby and actually know Jill and Derick − aren't supporting him either.

He's out of school now on a two-week winter break.  He's probably using this time to pray to Santa for a better new year.

• Love 16