Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

14 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I think their beliefs leave us plenty to snark on.  Also too many pictures of mundane things.  Many times Mr. Lookeyloo gets a meal and I get a salad or a small side and eat some of his.  We are not cheap or on a small budget. I have limited capacity and don't want to bring food home or leave it.  What I like to snark on is their ridiculous beliefs.

I dont blame them for splitting food...american portions are gigantic...my hubby and I really got in the habit of eating small while living in europe...only in America do you get portions for 4 on one plate...so good for D and J for being mindful of food portions....

• Love 17
6 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

I honestly think that everytime Jill does something like cutting her hair, wearing pants,  listening to a song with a beat, and she gets positive feedback she becomes more accustomed to it.  I think she is slowly breaking away from the toxic bullshit of her parents with Dericks help.  I do think she is seeing some kind of Christian therapist at his behest as well.  I think she is happy about the ways her life is changing.  

Agreed. It’s nice to see the growth in her and I hope she keeps moving forward. Go Jill!

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Dimi1 said:

I dont blame them for splitting food...american portions are gigantic...my hubby and I really got in the habit of eating small while living in europe...only in America do you get portions for 4 on one plate...so good for D and J for being mindful of food portions....

I agree having been to Europe a few times, and to address a comment upthread, we are very good tippers and tip well even with a "free" annual IHOP plate of  pancakes.

• Love 9
2 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

Not a bad reminder for us either!  Things are not always what they seem- in either direction. The thing that stays the same I believe is how awful their beliefs and then behaviors are. I don’t care if babies wear headbands or their nurseries aren’t decorated to my taste. It’s how they present themselves as so perfect. I was talking to a friend last night about various things. She has faith and lives it. I said I am not even Christian but think Jesus would be (is?) appalled by people like the Duggars. I truly don’t mean disrespect. I admire people of faith. I wish I had that. 

Great post.  

• Love 12
13 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

To be fair, leghumpers seem to believe everything they are spoonfed on the show as truth. It's not a bad thing for Derelict to remind them how things really work behind the curtain.

Ain't that the truth. I left a comment on a YouTube video saying I wished Jana could go to school or have a job. I was left a nasty reply by a fan who said Jana works as a midwife. Uh, since when? 

• LOL 22
  • Love 2
4 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

I would agree with you, except D needs to eat ALL the food.  I think he’s gained a few pounds recently, because he doesn’t look as gaunt as he once did, but a 25 pound weight gain wouldn’t hurt him at all.

• Love 10
4 hours ago, Dimi1 said:

We eat out a lot and I hate that you either stuff yourself silly and get fat on too much food, or leave it behind and feel like you paid for food you didn't need.  I want to do a modern update to Spoon River Anthology where the various take out boxes in my fridge tell the story of my life.

• Love 5

Is u of a still on break ?  And why does she insist on showing us what they eat?      All the time   I give them shit for a lot of stuff, but I won’t give it to them for sharing a burger   I will continue to give it to them for all the other reasons 🙂

• LOL 5
  • Love 4

As far a s the blue dress goes, definitely not my style, but I wonder if Jill has any say in what she actually receives from Citrus and Lemon, or if they just ship her random stuff? 

As far as the dress looking like something Warren Jeffs would like, C&L is based in Utah. 😉

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, dariafan said:

Is u of a still on break ?  And why does she insist on showing us what they eat?      All the time   I give them shit for a lot of stuff, but I won’t give it to them for sharing a burger   I will continue to give it to them for all the other reasons 🙂

They go back to class on Monday. 

• Love 2
On 1/8/2020 at 6:43 PM, Sew Sumi said:

So, were the parents anti-vaxxers?

This kid, at 3 months, is too young for the Haemophilus meningitis vaccine which is usually given around 6 mos. The vaccine is often referred to as hib (Haemophilus influenza B).  This is the kind of bacterial meningitis that strikes little kids.  I worked with a doc whose 18 month old daughter almost died from it and became deaf as a result of the infection.  This was before the vaccine.  Of course, the best way to prevent it in kids too young to be vaccinated is to be sure the other kids in the household are immunized, so it is possible they are anti-vaxxers.

There is also meningococcal meningitis which strikes teens and young adults, particularly those living in close quarters like dorms and military barracks.  Kids get vaccinated against that in middle school, around age 11.

• Useful 11
  • Love 2

I'm wondering if Jill's demeanor during the Counting On years was because she was wanting to be perfect but was questioning things yet was trying to repress things?

It could explain why she seems more relaxed..because she's not showing the family being perfect..just being herself 

• Love 5
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

From the CDC:

Infants will usually get their first dose of Hib vaccine at 2 months of age, and will usually complete the series at 12-15 months of age.

Ok, so this baby might've started being immunized but hadn't completed the series.  Sorry, I'm not a pediatrician, just looked it up on a medical website that seems to have kinda summarized the schedule without specifics.  Mynextmistake's post a couple pages back is far more detailed and up to date on the ins and outs of vaccines for bacterial meningitis.

Edited by doodlebug
  • Love 5

I’m guessing the loud music and lights off-and-on could be a re-enactment of the start of a college basketball game - when the home team runs out to music and a light show. Maybe Derick as the Oklahoma Cowboy did things like that and he’s teaching the boys about it.

• Useful 11
  • Love 4

Why does Jill let the laundry pile up like that?! If it’s clean, then fold it/put it on a hanger and move on!  
I hate piles of laundry (in this case baskets) lying around. There’s no need for that with a family of four. 

• Love 5
7 hours ago, doodlebug said:

This kid, at 3 months, is too young for the Haemophilus meningitis vaccine which is usually given around 6 mos. The vaccine is often referred to as hib (Haemophilus influenza B).  This is the kind of bacterial meningitis that strikes little kids.  I worked with a doc whose 18 month old daughter almost died from it and became deaf as a result of the infection.  This was before the vaccine.  Of course, the best way to prevent it in kids too young to be vaccinated is to be sure the other kids in the household are immunized, so it is possible they are anti-vaxxers.

There is also meningococcal meningitis which strikes teens and young adults, particularly those living in close quarters like dorms and military barracks.  Kids get vaccinated against that in middle school, around age 11.

(Sorry, didn’t see this had already been addressed.)

Has Jill posted an update about the baby? I hope she’s doing okay. 

Another signal things are changing — she now posts about “friends,” not “sweet friends.” 

Edited by mynextmistake
  • Useful 6
  • Love 1
55 minutes ago, PradaKitty said:

Why does Jill let the laundry pile up like that?! If it’s clean, then fold it/put it on a hanger and move on!  
I hate piles of laundry (in this case baskets) lying around. There’s no need for that with a family of four. 

I wasn't phased by it but I hear you. Although at our house (family of two humans), Saturday is the day I pile the clean laundry on the bed right out of the dryer and the cat members of the family nest in it until I fold it after dinner.

• LOL 3
  • Love 9

As much as I'm enjoying Derick's behavior lately because what's the point of semi-following a "reality" show if there's no petty drama, I'm mentally pointing and laughing at him being so surprised that reality TV isn't actually real. Sure, plenty of people still don't know that, but that makes them as much of a dumbass as Derick himself. 

Overall, I just refuse to give Derick any credit other than being on his side just because JB is that awful. I can't forget that his anger at not being allowed to be openly bigoted on camera was as much of a reason as the money for his frustration with TLC and JB. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 8
1 hour ago, Spencer Hastings said:

I mean...I’m a family of one and I never get around to folding or hanging up my laundry. I was impressed that her pile was so small. 😅 

Same. I always have laundry in  baskets. Some of us are just not good at folding and putting it away  🤷‍♀️ .

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 18
1 hour ago, mynextmistake said:

(Sorry, didn’t see this had already been addressed.)

Has Jill posted an update about the baby? I hope she’s doing okay. 

Another signal things are changing — she now posts about “friends,” not “sweet friends.” 

Actually, your post on the topic was far more informative than mine, I'm glad you posted it.

• Love 2
On 1/10/2020 at 10:24 PM, JoanArc said:

Exactly. He also seems to think the general public doesn’t know anything about pre-ordained storylines. Only that every freaking reality show on earth is fake and scripted, just to varying degrees. You are not the most intelligent, tuned in, and woke person on earth Derreck. You are Duggar adjacent, but you have their arrogance in spades. 

Perhaps D-bag will show up at a Duggar event and announce that he’s not there to make friends, thinking it to be very original!

Love the link!

Derick isn't shocked that TV is scripted or that TLC will shoot and frame things the way they want to.  He was asked a question and he responded to it.  it wasn't even a snarky answer, just a thorough and informative one for someone who obviously doesn't know how this all works.

• Love 22
7 minutes ago, ouinason said:

Derick isn't shocked that TV is scripted or that TLC will shoot and frame things the way they want to.  He was asked a question and he responded to it.  it wasn't even a snarky answer, just a thorough and informative one for someone who obviously doesn't know how this all works.

IF TLC wants to keep this Counting on train wreck going, they need to hire Derrick and Jill to appear as a contrast to the Duggars toeing the line.  Every show needs drama.  The Duggars can wish her back into the fold of jesus with sweet thoughts and condemnations.  The Dillards can talk about how Derrick can get a real job with benefits because he'll soon have two college degrees.   And then listen to some Emo music and talk about going to Bonaroo while smoking a joint.  Just kidding.  But at least that would get viewers in more than the birth of the 49th grand child. 

Jill and Derr-ICK would get some money to pay down school loans.  And they could find something to do each episode that would give JB a heart attack.  "Yes, I said I'm sending him to public school.  They have recently started using non-binary pronouns, Mom".  

Of course JB would never allow that to happen but in a weird way it allows him to "minister" to those whose apples have fallen off the tree and rotted, while reinforcing that...Jesus loves us?  

• LOL 1
  • Love 16
3 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

IF TLC wants to keep this Counting on train wreck going, they need to hire Derrick and Jill to appear as a contrast to the Duggars toeing the line.  Every show needs drama.  The Duggars can wish her back into the fold of jesus with sweet thoughts and condemnations.  The Dillards can talk about how Derrick can get a real job with benefits because he'll soon have two college degrees.   And then listen to some Emo music and talk about going to Bonaroo while smoking a joint.  Just kidding.  But at least that would get viewers in more than the birth of the 49th grand child. 

Jill and Derr-ICK would get some money to pay down school loans.  And they could find something to do each episode that would give JB a heart attack.  "Yes, I said I'm sending him to public school.  They have recently started using non-binary pronouns, Mom".  

Of course JB would never allow that to happen but in a weird way it allows him to "minister" to those whose apples have fallen off the tree and rotted, while reinforcing that...Jesus loves us?  

Derick's problem is, beyond Jim Bob's wishes and his own dislike now for the channel, he pissed in his own post toasties with TLC when he went after Jazz. I don't think TLC is above undercutting Jim Bob to go after something else they think will rake in viewers, but I think they already know that, beyond the issue of whether they'd draw viewers, Derick is too difficult to deal with and is a PR nightmare of his own. Of course, they're being hypocritical to an extent since he only said what all the others think, but the way he shoots his mouth off on social media is going to be a turn-off to any other channel or business who would otherwise partner with them.

I do think they'd get more mileage in their own branding/blogs/videos/whatever they put there if they'd just come out with it directly and say, "Yes, we're revolting! Look at us give Jim Bob the middle finger!" rather than keeping that for comments. 

• LOL 4
  • Love 6
25 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

My cats recognize the dryer buzzer and head to the bed.  Best time of the whole week!

Same here, actually. My younger one trots ahead of me up the stairs and yells until I put the laundry on the bed. </OT>

• LOL 15
  • Love 4
7 hours ago, hathorlive said:

Wait...y'all don't leave it in the dryer and just go there every day for clean undies and socks? I'm supposed to HANG this shit up?

If I don't fold each piece immediately when it comes out of the dryer (which I generally do only because I hate ironing much more than I hate folding clothes and have a convenient bit of countertop right over the machines), it does, indeed, stay in the dryer until such time as I can hit the "wrinkle away" button and freshen it up again. Best invention ever!

If Jill doesn't have this feature on her machine, though, and no immediate spot good for folding laundry right there, I certainly don't blame her for putting everything into baskets and tackling it in one fell swoop while she listens to a podcast. Hopefully she is still keeping an ear out for the kidlets, though. I might put it on the bed rather than on the floor, but I'm not going to give her a hard time about it either. 

Actually, I'm kind of impressed that she uses the time to listen to podcasts, and wonder what she listens to. It would be nice if it's not all more religious stuff, but that may be too much to hope for.

• Love 11

How many times a week does Jill DO laundry? Let's remember that she does not work. She is home 24/7/365 and should have her weekdays planned out for her chores. We were a family of 4 (two boys also), a stay at home mom and I found the time to do the laundry and iron every piece of clothing before putting them away back in the drawers and closets. Yes, even when my boys were on summer vacation from school. She doesn't have an excuse in my book. Also, why is she putting clean clothing on her dirty carpet? I put the laundry on my bed (it's MADE for the day) right out of the dryer, fold and put away what needs to be put away. DONE. I also have a job outside of the home....I'm very much older than Jill. She should organize herself a bit more since they claimed (bragged) about being trained to be 'good homemakers'. I haven't seen any evidence of that yet from Jill. Sorry to say this.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, ouinason said:

Obviously he's not shocked now, but based on comments he's made in the past, he clearly expected the show to document the family's actual beliefs and politics and a big part of his problem with TLC and JB was that it never happened. 

• Love 6
2 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Obviously he's not shocked now, but based on comments he's made in the past, he clearly expected the show to document the family's actual beliefs and politics and a big part of his problem with TLC and JB was that it never happened. 

I think you’re right, Derick seemingly did not understand how reality TV worked before he married Jill and I do think he thought they’d be able to share their faith, even the ugly parts, without consequences.  I think he became very disillusioned when he saw that TLC and the producers were in charge of content and he was going to have no input whatsoever and, in fact, was supposed to keep his opinions to himself.

• Love 13
9 hours ago, Zella said:

Derick's problem is, beyond Jim Bob's wishes and his own dislike now for the channel, he pissed in his own post toasties with TLC when he went after Jazz. I don't think TLC is above undercutting Jim Bob to go after something else they think will rake in viewers, but I think they already know that, beyond the issue of whether they'd draw viewers, Derick is too difficult to deal with and is a PR nightmare of his own. Of course, they're being hypocritical to an extent since he only said what all the others think, but the way he shoots his mouth off on social media is going to be a turn-off to any other channel or business who would otherwise partner with them.

I do think they'd get more mileage in their own branding/blogs/videos/whatever they put there if they'd just come out with it directly and say, "Yes, we're revolting! Look at us give Jim Bob the middle finger!" rather than keeping that for comments. 

I agree with the branding/blogging...the whole landscape of television is changing with the influx of streaming services by....everyone...nbc, cbs, disney....I think in 2 years its going to look completely different...right now if you want to watch star trek you have to stream cbs, if you want star wars...its disney....so if D does play his cards right maybe another streaming service will be born and he can hop on...but right now its instagram, fb and whatever else they are doing....

• Useful 3
  • Love 1

I still don't think there is a one size fits all for how often, who folds, who puts away, who goes to the dryer - we are all different.  We could even discuss the merits of how people fold. T-shirts in half? (the way my mother used to do it)  In quarters with the sleeves folded behind?  Two folds? More?  I have taken to like the Marie Kondo folding method.  It doesn't take me any more time and I like the way the clothes fit in the drawers.  I don't do her purging method.  I wonder if Jilly could use a link to that.  I don't care if/how/when she folds/puts away, etc.  I care that she and her husband are spewing awful beliefs and living those awful beliefs.  And seems like passing that along to the next generation.  Yuck.

• Love 17
2 minutes ago, lookeyloo said:

I still don't think there is a one size fits all for how often, who folds, who puts away, who goes to the dryer - we are all different.  We could even discuss the merits of how people fold. T-shirts in half? (the way my mother used to do it)  In quarters with the sleeves folded behind?  Two folds? More?  I have taken to like the Marie Kondo folding method.  It doesn't take me any more time and I like the way the clothes fit in the drawers.  I don't do her purging method.  I wonder if Jilly could use a link to that.  I don't care if/how/when she folds/puts away, etc.  I care that she and her husband are spewing awful beliefs and living those awful beliefs.  And seems like passing that along to the next generation.  Yuck.

yep ...no one size here...my husband does all the laundry and folds it ( as well as all the dishes and helps clean...and makes me coffee every morning ...) but I do put it away in my closet....maybe Derick will one day help....:)....

• Love 5

Yeah, it generally takes me 2 days to fold the laundry to completion (using closet organizers; hanging wet stuff on shower rod, etc.) so I give Jill a pass.  I might even emulate her, as I often think ‘shame that my wall is the other side of the next apartment’s bedroom, or else Alexa could entertain me with some 2020 songs’.

• Love 1