Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

7 hours ago, Normades said:

From the looks of Derwood's pits, Jill has been using this hack, too!

My husband has been complaining about unwanted attention from the neighborhood dogs. I wonder if this is also a problem for Derick, or if his repellant personality is enough to keep them away.

• Love 5
1 hour ago, charmed1 said:

Ha ha ha! This comment reminds me of the movie, “Fill the Void.” A Hasidic girl is pressured by her family to marry her brother in law after her sister dies in childbirth. They didn’t want the brother in law to move the child out of the country, so that was their solution. I can see Michelle approaching Jana in her creepy baby voice, “Jana, Izzy and that other one already love you so much. It’s what Jilly Muffin would’ve wanted.”

I have to see that sounds interesting. 

• Love 1
(edited)
25 minutes ago, nittanyvolleyball said:

Why did Grandma Cathy have to be there? It's not her grandbaby.

I’ll give the judgemental ol’  bitch a pass since most people want to visit a new baby and I’m sure she’s well acquainted with Kendra.  Even if she’s not, she should be familiar with Joe and it’s his kid too.  I hate to say this, but I think it’s actually nice of her to do so.  And an extra grandma/babysitter is always welcome.  

14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

I know this is the Duggars, but I would not want little toddler petri dishes all over my newborn. I'm surprised children that young are even allowed to visit.

I’ve been to hospitals were young children were prohibited , and others where they were not. It’s not ideal, and I wouldn’t really be down. Depending on how often Izzy goes to the TTH, how germ-ridden can he be? It’s not like he goes to school.  I don’t see Sam though. I wonder if he went too.  Since he can’t cover his mouth yet to cough/sneeze, I’d be more worried about him.  

Edited by Ijustwantsomechips
  • Love 6
(edited)

It's really weird, but does anyone else think Jill looks more natural with other peoples' children than she does her own? I remember when Jessa visited her in Danger America and Jill was super affectionate towards Spurgeon but never seemed to be that way with Izzy. I notice the same vibe here. She looks really maternal with Garrett in the above picture but not so much with Sam.

On a side note, Garrett is a beautiful baby.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 19
3 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

It's really weird, but does anyone else think Jill looks more natural with other peoples' children than she does her own? I remember when Jessa visited her in Danger America and Jill was super affectionate towards Spurgeon but never seemed to be that way with Izzy. I notice the same vibe here. She looks really maternal with Garrett in the above picture but not so much with Sam.

On a side note, Garrett is a beautiful baby.

Yes, and probably something else she learned from Michelle. 

• Love 8

I managed to get myself blocked by Cathy on Twitter, even though I haven't commented on anything that she was tagged in.  I have a sneaking suspicion she didn't like my tweet to Muffin.  And to the banning I say...suck it.  And good luck finding my other handle.  

• Love 15
1 minute ago, realityfan26 said:

I was more skeeved out by everyone sitting on the bed. Where were Kendra and Joe?

That’s the pullout couch bed.  I’m guessing Joe was sleeping on it in the hospital and they didn’t put it back in the couch shape because it gave people more room to sit.  We had the exact one in a different hospital in another state.

• Love 1
Just now, saylubee said:

That’s the pullout couch bed.  I’m guessing Joe was sleeping on it in the hospital and they didn’t put it back in the couch shape because it gave people more room to sit.  We had the exact one in a different hospital in another state.

Thanks, that makes sense. My son and DIL had one, but it was folded up when we got there. 

On 7/15/2018 at 7:51 PM, jcbrown said:

My ex-husband applied for a State Department job years ago and they asked him about having been with a group of kids who were stopped and talked to by the police for setting off fireworks. Not arrested, just talked to, and they were juveniles.  The FBI also came to my work (in California; he was in Ohio) and interviewed me about his character. They know everything. Dreck's twitting would definitely be uncovered, deleted or not.

When DH had his background check, they interviewed our neighbors unannounced. They walked up and knocked on their doors. More than a little creepy.

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Ijustwantsomechips said:

I’ll give the judgemental ol’  bitch a pass since most people want to visit a new baby and I’m sure she’s well acquainted with Kendra.  Even if she’s not, she should be familiar with Joe and it’s his kid too.  I hate to say this, but I think it’s actually nice of her to do so.  And an extra grandma/babysitter is always welcome.  

I’ve been to hospitals were young children were prohibited , and others where they were not. It’s not ideal, and I wouldn’t really be down. Depending on how often Izzy goes to the TTH, how germ-ridden can he be? It’s not like he goes to school.  I don’t see Sam though. I wonder if he went too.  Since he can’t cover his mouth yet to cough/sneeze, I’d be more worried about him.  

If I were Kendra or Joe, I’d be more worried about Derick holding the baby near his nasty pits than about Izzy or Sammy.  

• Love 13

I was wondering since Jilly Bean can't be away from Derelick because, you know, women in scrubs may defraud him, that they asked Cathy to come to the hospital with them, so while Jill and Dullard were visiting with Izzy, Cathy was outside in a different area with Sammy.  Then she could visit and Sammy was with J and D.  

• Love 2
3 minutes ago, DragonFaerie said:

I was wondering since Jilly Bean can't be away from Derelick because, you know, women in scrubs may defraud him, that they asked Cathy to come to the hospital with them, so while Jill and Dullard were visiting with Izzy, Cathy was outside in a different area with Sammy.  Then she could visit and Sammy was with J and D.  

That looks like the same outfit on Jill that she was wearing hiking.   Cathy had the boys for their anniversary.   I wonder if this was the same weekend and Cathy met them at the hospital. 

5 hours ago, doodlebug said:

The hospital where I practice used to ask that no children under 12 be allowed to visit the maternity floor except for siblings.  They got so many negative comments about the policy as well as a lot of grief from people who didn't care about the rules and brought the kids up anyway, that they dropped the policy.  Now, it is a free for all at visiting time, often a dozen or more people crammed into the room including kids.  Ridiculous.  Of course, the postpartum rooms are all private and the babies now room with their mothers virtually 24/7; so at least other people's babies aren't exposed to the germs.  There is a sign at the entrance asking that no sick kids visit and with hand sanitizer for everyone to use and masks for anyone with a cold.  Seems to be mostly ignored though, people are pretty inconsiderate really.

We also used to restrict visitors on labor and delivery to two people besides the parents, no switching back and forth.  Once again, multiple complaints.  Now, as many people as can cram into the room can be there, the staff is expected to work around them.  Sometimes, I feel like we should set up bleachers and sell tickets.  The other night, I was doing surgery until around 11 PM.  I stopped up on L&D to talk to a friend.  There were multiple preschool aged kids running around the waiting area and at least 2 kids in patient rooms who were crying/whining (not newborns).  It was a circus and it boggles the mind to see how many people think it is perfectly acceptable to bring their little kids out in public in the middle of the night and let them run wild.

BTW, insurance companies and the government peg hospital reimbursements to the scores on the patient surveys which is why the hospitals are forced to cave to the lowest common denominator.  No matter what someone complains about, it is a complaint and counts against the score.  And, yes, we have had people complain that the food wasn't good enough, that their significant other didn't get a regular bed instead of a fold out, that we didn't have HDTV and DVR's in the room (we do now) or that they didn't get various and sundry other amenities during their stay.

That explains why my 60 plus yo gray haired self is totally ignored in general surgical waiting rooms and emergency rooms and waiting rooms in general.  Even if I do kinda complain about the noise and the kids running wild.  Over the past 4 years I have sat in waiting  rooms for  25 plus surgeries or major procedures plus too many ER room and  office visits to count.  Being a patient good guy can be filled with tensions and anxiety!  I guess I have sorta complained about the wrong things!

• Love 6
14 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if they had permission to post these......

We were so excited to get to meet cousin Garrett David Duggar soon after his arrival!  Israel and Samuel are excited to have a new cousin!  We are so happy for Joe (Jill’s brother) and Kendra (his wife) on their first little one!  He was born June 8th, 2018 weighing 7lbs. 8oz. and was 20.5 inches long.  Here are some pictures from the day we met little Garrett.

Good lord that statement reads like a second grader forced to write about their summer vacation,  (We were so excited to go to Disney. We were so happy to go on many rides. We met friends and had fun")    And so robotic, the only emotion is the use of a couple exclamation points - wonder which one of them wrote it and how long it took to compose.  I'd also compare it to something you write when you're forced to buy the greeting card that's blank inside and have to come up with your own message but have no creativity or writing ability or something your five year old dictates to you so you can write out their thank you card to Grandma after she mailed them a hand knitted sweater for their birthday.

• Love 8

Is Jill wearing jean shorts (again)? Are those her new "look"? Wow, sleeveless, only one modesty insert, and a pierced nose (that is a piercing, right? or a wart?).

Best news is: hair off her face. And they all look clean.

16 hours ago, doodlebug said:

It was a circus and it boggles the mind to see how many people think it is perfectly acceptable to bring their little kids out in public in the middle of the night and let them run wild.

FTFY.

• Love 4
19 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I wonder if they had permission to post these......

We were so excited to get to meet cousin Garrett David Duggar soon after his arrival!  Israel and Samuel are excited to have a new cousin!  We are so happy for Joe (Jill’s brother) and Kendra (his wife) on their first little one!  He was born June 8th, 2018 weighing 7lbs. 8oz. and was 20.5 inches long.  Here are some pictures from the day we met little Garrett.

37844A87-381D-4CEC-8374-ECC9A7631CD6.jpeg

E7A3AB75-0C1D-4DDF-B3D9-D45EABADE1C3.jpeg

93BCC496-9D9C-4CEF-AC06-5D12FD3F045B.jpeg

A1157297-DAB6-4C89-BAAE-2A9EF38BE615.jpeg

What the hell is crazy Cathy doing there? 

1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

What the hell is crazy Cathy doing there? 

Maybe she knows she's not getting any more grandbabies from Jill and Derick, so she's taking what she can get?

(I have absolutely no hard evidence for this, by the way, but I still think Sam's birth damaged Jill's uterus beyond repair)

• Love 1
On 7/14/2018 at 5:50 PM, queenanne said:

Aside:  There is a Yelp review out for one of Manhattan's branches of the Doughnut Plant (Japanese franchise export I believe), with one person claiming they flew with a sack/box of them cross country in their suitcase so that their friends and family could enjoy them, so you are not alone!

I had never heard of this place so I googled the menu.  OMG!!!!!!  I am sitting here trying to justify $65 for *6* freaking donuts being shipped to me.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, Annb67 said:

We were so excited to get to meet cousin Garrett David Duggar soon after his arrival!

I think this is in direct response to the comments here about the possibility that Jill & Derick were not invited to visit the baby or that Jill was upset about not being asked to deliver the baby and didn't visit.

If Jill is expecting to be the next housewife/homeschool You-Tube star, she needs to start writing a script, practicing beforehand, and get a tripod for her phone. My grandson watches toy review videos where the 4 year-olds do a better job than Jill.

• Love 8
On 7/15/2018 at 10:31 AM, Mollie said:

Derick's school at Cross Church ends in two weeks.  Expect some announcement from the Dillards about the next new direction they are taking and how many donations they need to collect. 

Of course, they will claim that 'God is leading them' in some new direction.  In reality, they decide what they want to do and then drag God into their decision.  Expect them to find another place to goof off for a year or two.

Well when they put up the GOFUNDME we should all send them a religious track.  

• Love 12
52 minutes ago, Fosca said:

Maybe she knows she's not getting any more grandbabies from Jill and Derick, so she's taking what she can get?

(I have absolutely no hard evidence for this, by the way, but I still think Sam's birth damaged Jill's uterus beyond repair)

I thought Dan's wife is pregnant. She will have more grandchildren than Sam and Izzy.

16 minutes ago, Natalie68 said:

I had never heard of this place so I googled the menu.  OMG!!!!!!  I am sitting here trying to justify $65 for *6* freaking donuts being shipped to me.  

If you cave, get the blueberry.  I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was!  Also can’t go wrong with any of the filled versions, the ‘Elvis’ (peanut butter and banana creme) usually calls my name :). The specials change every month.

• Love 2
22 minutes ago, queenanne said:

If you cave, get the blueberry.  I wasn’t expecting it to be as good as it was!  Also can’t go wrong with any of the filled versions, the ‘Elvis’ (peanut butter and banana creme) usually calls my name :). The specials change every month.

I was eyeballing the blueberry!  That is one of my fav flavors.  Thing is, I don't think I can settle on just 6 and that means I am heading towards crazy town!  I have a big birthday coming up so I may have to ask for this as a gift.  Yeah, I love donuts that much!  The Elvis has been hollering my name as well

• Love 3

Those hospital photos....I wouldn't want all of those people sitting on my hospital bed. It's just not done. When we would visit an inpatient, we would STAND and not stay too long. It's tiring for the patient to have company when still admitted.

Since Jill is profusely stating that she is NOT a professional teacher, why doesn't she GET ISRAEL A REAL, PROFESSIONAL PRE-K teacher for him in a real classroom. Why does he have to settle for the low totem pole with Jill's awful teaching skills? I'd want the best for my child....which is undoubtedly a good START.

• Love 9
38 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Those hospital photos....I wouldn't want all of those people sitting on my hospital bed. It's just not done. When we would visit an inpatient, we would STAND and not stay too long. It's tiring for the patient to have company when still admitted.

Since Kendra’s dressed to go home, I guess they’re awaiting discharge.  That’s the outfit she wore home I believe. I’ll give the sitting on the bed a pass this time. 

• Love 3
56 minutes ago, floridamom said:

Since Jill is profusely stating that she is NOT a professional teacher, why doesn't she GET ISRAEL A REAL, PROFESSIONAL PRE-K teacher for him in a real classroom. Why does he have to settle for the low totem pole with Jill's awful teaching skills? I'd want the best for my child....which is undoubtedly a good START.

Seriously...if she feels the need to add a  disclaimer about not being a professional or expert of any kind,does the corresponding notion that there are people out there much better equipped to teach her children than she is not occur to her? 

If she was just using these things to give Izzy a leg up before starting at a real school, that would be one thing - I don't think pre-K is an absolute necessity if a parent does spend those years playing with their kids, reading to them, and making games out of some basic number and letter lessons, but as far as we know, the plan still appears to be homeschooling them until "graduation". 

• Love 11
23 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I could not finish watching this! Jill is a terrible speaker and her grammar is atrocious.

*There’s games

*Curriculums

*So ... like ... um ... thingies ... and stuff ... um ... and stuff ... like, like, like ...

I can’t stand it. Jill, the curriculum your mom used with you did not work that well. Seriously! 

I assure you that it is completely unnecessary to remind us that you are not a professional. 

Jill is clearly not the brightest of bulbs. What's this obsession these people have with phonics? It's like they think that and bankruptcy law is all there is to learn.

7 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Seriously...if she feels the need to add a  disclaimer about not being a professional or expert of any kind,does the corresponding notion that there are people out there much better equipped to teach her children than she is not occur to her? 

Well, no, because logic and reasonable thinking are just not things they are familiar with.

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Lukeysboat said:

I could not finish watching this! Jill is a terrible speaker and her grammar is atrocious.

*There’s games

*Curriculums

*So ... like ... um ... thingies ... and stuff ... um ... and stuff ... like, like, like ...

I can’t stand it. Jill, the curriculum your mom used with you did not work that well. Seriously! 

I assure you that it is completely unnecessary to remind us that you are not a professional. 

I managed to make it all the way through. It didn't get better. For awhile there, the screen was full of - her chest. She was yakking away but we were looking straight at her chest; her face was nowhere to be seen.

She didn't speak clearly, and when she wasn't mumbling, it was as @Lukeysboat said, a bunch of "ums" in a vast wasteland of bad grammar.

Did she learn nothing from growing up with a professional television camera crew in the house? Did it cross her mind to sit down and *think* about that video in advance and write down what she wanted to say, maybe even take some test shots of the scene (like the cluttered kitchen counters in the background), before grabbing her phone and starting to record the thing for real? 

Seriously, that was just absolute crap, both in content and style. You don't need professional cameras or lighting gear to make good videos for YouTube. But you need to pay attention to what you're doing, to have some idea what you're saying, and just maybe a bit of a plan about where you'll be pointing the camera. 

• Love 15
23 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

Did she learn nothing from growing up with a professional television camera crew in the house?

I am guessing that she has never watched an episode of 19 Kids or Counting On and doesn't realize that editing made it look like she could construct a semi-coherent sentence. 

That, or she has seen the show and thinks that she is coherent, not realizing that the editing made it so.  

• Love 6

I want to know who will teach Jilly Girl proper English and math skills before she attempts (and yes, I use the word attempts loosely) to "teach" Izzy. He probably will end up teaching her instead.

(edited)
36 minutes ago, Heathen said:

Poor elocution and grammar isn't exclusive to the Duggars by any means. I'd say it's epidemic in people who don't read. 

I have to agree to an extent. I think in the Duggar's case its reading and not being exposed to enough of the world. And of course, I have little faith in "Duggar Academy" 

Edited by libgirl2
  • Love 8
On 7/13/2018 at 1:44 PM, kokapetl said:

Each box of plain donuts costs $2 max.  

When Krispy Kreme give away their donuts it’s for their own self promotion. The Duggars snatched nothing out of the mouths of the homeless or veterans. 

$7.99 is the current price for 12 Glazed Krispy Creme donuts where I am, which is a heck of a lot more than $2. I counted 12 boxes so nearly $100 in donuts. That, imo, is the epitome of greed. I get that it's a promo and Krispy Creme expects some to go all out, but this is just overkill and gluttony.

My husband's work is getting together and we are picking up the donuts for the donuts burgers (which sounds disgusting) since we have an actual factory close to our house, which is why I knew the cost. 

• Love 8
11 minutes ago, Loves2Dance said:

$7.99 is the current price for 12 Glazed Krispy Creme donuts where I am, which is a heck of a lot more than $2. I counted 12 boxes so nearly $100 in donuts. That, imo, is the epitome of greed. I get that it's a promo and Krispy Creme expects some to go all out, but this is just overkill and gluttony.

My husband's work is getting together and we are picking up the donuts for the donuts burgers (which sounds disgusting) since we have an actual factory close to our house, which is why I knew the cost. 

Yep, definitely not $2 a box. I purchase 6 dozen for co-workers from time to time. If they were $2 a box, I'd purchase more frequently!

• Love 1
1 hour ago, Lukeysboat said:

*There’s games

*Curriculums

You took the words out of my mouth. I clicked through and didn't watch it straight through and I got the same as you did. Jill's going to teach Izzy stuff. I hope that is totally helpful for all the homeschoolers out there!

Note to Jill - the many Vloggers out there appear to wing it, however most prepare their thoughts in advance. Many do retakes until they get a suitable, watchable and coherent vlog that is worth posting.

• Love 11
(edited)
16 minutes ago, Lunera said:

Screenshot_20180717-143712.thumb.jpg.a7f5ec7cd706a27b5411c4ed8cff5990.jpg

Jill responding to a comment on her blog

Do these people talk to each other? How embarrassing that her family asked her to remove family event pictures. I feel a tad bit sorry for Jill and how everything she does is so effed up. From recipes, to vlogs, to pictures it's all so very wrong. I really wonder if she is starting to figure out how clueless she is?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 14