Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why is he not concerned with divorce or adultery? Or coveting neighbors' wives?

I have a theory...

Derick probably feels no need to highlight divorce, adultery, child molestation, etc. because they are already viewed negatively by society. It's not about the actual prevalence of the acts, it's about the perception of the acts. 

Homosexuality, which is also regarded as a sin, is not viewed negatively (i.e., which I guess translates to "celebrated," apparently), so perhaps Derick is calling attention to this in hopes that people will "get in line" with the Bible or something - perhaps by changing the perception of homosexuality, the prevalence of homosexuality will then follow. Or something. 

• Love 5
19 minutes ago, Vaysh said:

Jaysus, that man is looking angry nowadays. Thinned lips, hard eyes, tense, vaguely insane smile and now the passive aggressive bird-flipping because he can't just tell people to fuck off properly, he has to be all sneaky clever about it (in his own mind at least). He looks genuinely mean. There's been such a change in his whole demeanour from when we first saw him; he essentially went from mild mannered doofus to crazed fanatic in the course of a few years. I feel truly sorry for anyone who has to share a living space with this guy.

Some of the Twitter comments mentioned his personality change.   His response is that he hasn't changed but the liberal media is to blame.  As if.

• Love 11
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

The comment Derick is making comes from a recent sermon and recent post by some guy. The gist of it says there are many sins in the Bible and none of them are "celebrated" like homosexuality is, meaning no one is fighting for the rights of thieves, liars, etc.

He gets all fired up and spews this stuff as fact because other people believe it too. What he doesn't think about is he comes off as a hypocrite when he repeats it. He fails to realize that folks see him as exploiting his children, and folks think that his way of life is harmful to children, and he refused to air the birth of Sammy because TLC wouldn't help pay off Izzy's birth.

I'm thinking somewhere in the Bible, using children for money, restraining children, oppressing children, publicly bullying others and lying by omission, are explained as sins. But then Derick would come back and say exploitation, child abuse, bullying and lying aren't being "celebrated". 

My take home message from Derick is that it's okay to sin as long as no one is fighting for equal rights regarding the sin. Totally ass backward if you ask me.

People fight  very hard and openly for divorce. Where is his contempt for That?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

Some of the Twitter comments mentioned his personality change.   His response is that he hasn't changed but the liberal media is to blame.  As if.

The media is to blame! They must have hacked his Twitter!

• Love 21
54 minutes ago, madpsych78 said:

I have a theory...

Derick probably feels no need to highlight divorce, adultery, child molestation, etc. because they are already viewed negatively by society. It's not about the actual prevalence of the acts, it's about the perception of the acts. 

Homosexuality, which is also regarded as a sin, is not viewed negatively (i.e., which I guess translates to "celebrated," apparently), so perhaps Derick is calling attention to this in hopes that people will "get in line" with the Bible or something - perhaps by changing the perception of homosexuality, the prevalence of homosexuality will then follow. Or something. 

If only Jesus had EVER addressed homosexuality. IIRC he never did.

• Love 18

They all feel the same way. He's the only one willing to give up the check. They are awful judgemental hypocrites and are no more worthy to be in the "kingdom" than anyone else. It's sad because they are raising another generation of ignorance intolerance and hate.

I wonder what the reaction will be with that little pimple faced one (bajabbajayjay!?!? I can't be bothered to remember names) stops finding families willing to sell him a beard and comes out that proverbial closet.

• Love 7
5 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

Well, it's the top story for People magazine and there are some paragraphs sure to set him off even further...  

http://people.com/tv/nate-berkus-defends-family-derick-dillard/

That article in People says that Derick was fired from TLC.  That's a reputable source, in my opinion.  Stop denying that you were fired, Derick.  His recent rants against Nate and Jeremy and former rants against Jazz are more rants against TLC than against gender/sexual issues.  Derick has a severe case of animosity against TLC and takes great delight in badmouthing the network even though most of his inlaws depend on TLC for income.  

• Love 17
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

Well, it's the top story for People magazine and there are some paragraphs sure to set him off even further...  

http://people.com/tv/nate-berkus-defends-family-derick-dillard/

My mother is a fan of Nate Berkus so I know about his history. He appeared on Oprah's show after going through the 2004 Sri Lanka tsunami where he lost his partner. But I guess that's fine with the Duggars and their ilk,

He had his own show at one time. My mother watches his TLC show, and shes' a Baby Boomer married Christian woman from the South. 

• Love 14

I 100% believe that other than his income stream, Derick hasn't changed from when he first appeared on the show. He's weird looking and socially awkward and dorky with the sad dead father backstory, which people interpreted as him being a sweet guy, and the fact that he had gone to college and had a real job made people think he was normal. TLC severely limits the amount of fundie bullshit they're allowed to spew, but, you guys: he approached JB; he wanted to be an evangelical missionary; he married fucking Jill. The evidence was all right there from the beginning. JB might have lost a bit of power by the time Jeremy came along, but he knew exactly the type of son-in-law he'd have in Derick, and it's the Derick who goes on berserker rages on twitter.

• Love 22
On 4/26/2018 at 6:13 PM, Natalie68 said:

I don't have kids but it seems to me its unwise to McGyver things that will be carrying your child.

You are officially a better parent than any of the Duggars!

• Love 19
39 minutes ago, EarlGreyTea said:

Exactly my thoughts. Derick's only true tweet in all this mess was the one where he said "nothing about our family's views have changed." Make absolutely no mistake, they are all as ugly on the inside as he is and always have been, just in  a slightly prettier package. And with enough sense to realize their views are highly offensive. Or maybe not sense - just a willingness to hide their true feelings for a buck. Which is consistent with the Duggar doctrine.

I'm just glad Derick periodically loses his marbles, so I am reminded to never, ever put Counting On on the DVR. And to make a little donation to the ACLU and/or Planned Parenthood. Because the Lord has laid it on my heart.

It amazes me that TLC treats the Duggars like they are the ones keeping the lights on

• Love 10

The world is filled with folks with different beliefs, different religions, different lifestyles, etc. And TLC, like them or not, showcases some of these differences. Most 'celebrities' use their voices to champion a cause, not bash other people. 

Being on TLC allowed Derick a celebrity status with thousands of followers and fortified Derick's beliefs in his religion and in himself. Because Derick's Tweets are so hateful it has me thinking he's an angry, insecure and scared man. Otherwise, why not Tweet about the 'beauty and comfort' of his beliefs?

Or maybe Derick is savvy and knows hateful Tweets bring more attention and more clicks to his blog and blogging is his "job". 

The one theory that Derick spouts (but doesn't live) that I agree with, is not hating others because they live or believe differently. However when those who believe differently spew hate and/or interfere with the rights of others, my stance changes.

Derick is stuck in stupid right now and can't get out of his own way.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17
5 hours ago, saylubee said:

I want to see what a full thought from him looks like.  My guess is that deep down he knows all the holes would be exposed and that Twitter ranting makes him look “right” because there’s no way to challenge more then one assertion at a time

Saylubee, your entire post is one of the best I’ve read about Derick—particularly the bolded sentence. I don’t know if I’ve ever seen someone so hostile and argumentative yet evasive at the same time. He’s got it down to an art form. Regardless of his views, it would be satisfying if he would just explain his thoughts instead of making an inflammatory statement and then dancing around it. 

• Love 14
21 hours ago, Westiepeach said:

Is Derwood flipping Jilly Muffin off? Look at his right hand ...

That's his index finger he is holding up.

Me thinks that Derick is an unhinged nutter with no job. Would he have stayed with Walmart he could have risen up the ranks vs being on Twitter ranting for attention.

Edited by Fuzzysox
  • Love 7

Maybe he's trying to get a White House gig . Insane tweeting seems to be  a thing there .

Can you imagine Derick and Kanye working together? That is something they should film, especially if Kanye mentioned that he wrote a song that mentions him screwing his wife on the bathroom sink.

17 hours ago, BitterApple said:

It just seems like whatever is going on, Derick's real beef is with the Duggars, but he doesn't have the stones to call them out so he goes after TLC instead. If you watch the Bates show, there's been several instances where husbands couldn't participate in family vacations due to work, so I highly doubt TLC was holding a gun to his head and forcing him to take time off. Derick needs to grow up and own his bad decisions.

This is what I think as well. Maybe he should direct he anger at Jim Bob instead of TLC. If Derick has that much anger at TLC why is he even watching their shows? I am not an violent person, but Derick makes me want to punch him in the face.

I really like Nate and Jeremiah. Their daughter is pretty adorable and the brief scenes that she is shown in she is just acting like a typical toddler.

Edited by Misslindsey
  • Love 4
21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Derick and Jill are both miserable. They don't like each other, they don't like their marriage and they resent the hell out of their kids. Jill is overcompensating by posting cutesy hashtags on Instagram and Derick is lashing out on Twitter. Derick is pissed because Jill's lack of formal education killed any chance he had of signing on with a legitimate mission outfit and Jill is mad because she can't parent for shit and there's no longer a steady supply of Sister-Moms ready to jump in and pick up the slack. It's like we're watching the groundwork being laid for a future episode of Dateline: ID, complete with narration by Keith Morrison.

Derelict would have killed his chances of signing on with a legitimate mission outfit without Jill's lack of education in my opinion because he is a lazy, obnoxious, hypocritical, narrow minded bigot. Throw in the fact they both are stupid enough to realize not using any type of birth control will lead to babies, to the point they both need to be slap along side the head a few times. They both have some serious problems which they need to address and get help for, but we all know it will not happen. JB and Michelle are also stupid because they do not see the real writing on the wall when it comes to Jill and Derelict, and Derick's mother is too busy trying to convince us God save her instead of her medical team and defends Derelict instead of suggesting he gets some help ASAP.

Edited by bigskygirl
15 minutes ago, Abmis said:

I haven't watched Nate and Jeremiah's show, but I'm going to start.  I'm also going to start watching Jazz's show and that new show about transitioning.  I'm going to do my part to help give high ratings to every show that disturbs Dillweed.  If that makes me part of the "liberal agenda"  so be it. 

Using the free market to make a social difference - I like it!

• Love 6

So he's blaming "media" for how he is portrayed even though our perceptions are based on his "social media" presence, especially through Twitter, which he has orchestrated himself. Yeah OK Derick, if you say so.

Edited by madpsych78
  • Love 22

I can see him being mad at Jim Bob for not getting more money from the TV deal. But I think he is also actually mad at TLC. It seems like he tried to make a independent deal with them and they refused. He took this as a personal affront and he's pissed. He's seems to also be under the false impression that TLC was a conservative network. So he's assuming that the shows featuring members of the LGTBQL community are a sign that TLC is selling out. That they're going more liberal for bigger ratings and money. He's wrong of course, but he doesn't deal with facts. Since he's really only going after TLC shows, I think he really is pissed at them specifically. 

• Love 14
50 minutes ago, bigskygirl said:

Derelict would have killed his chances of signing on with a legitimate mission outfit without Jill's lack of education in my opinion because he is a lazy, obnoxious, hypocritical, narrow minded bigot.

Obnoxious, hypocritical, narrow-minded bigots are the backbone the mission field. Missionaries go to other countries to convert the natives to the right religion, even though most of them have their own religion. They also often target children. These same people would turn themselves inside out if someone from that country came into their neighborhood and tried to convert them to their religion, especially if they were proselytizing to their children. 

Derick seemed to do okay in Tibet and in the pictures from there, he looks happier than has since marrying Jill. I think without the distraction of a wife, child, and television show, he may have done a better job learning Spanish and had more success in Danger America. He seems to have liked it there, it was Jill who was terrified and homesick.

• Love 20
29 minutes ago, Nysha said:

Obnoxious, hypocritical, narrow-minded bigots are the backbone the mission field. Missionaries go to other countries to convert the natives to the right religion, even though most of them have their own religion. They also often target children. These same people would turn themselves inside out if someone from that country came into their neighborhood and tried to convert them to their religion, especially if they were proselytizing to their children. 

Derick seemed to do okay in Tibet and in the pictures from there, he looks happier than has since marrying Jill. I think without the distraction of a wife, child, and television show, he may have done a better job learning Spanish and had more success in Danger America. He seems to have liked it there, it was Jill who was terrified and homesick.

In the case of Derelict, he takes being an obnoxious, hypocritical, narrow-minded bigot to an all new level. I put JB and Josh in the same league with him.

2 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Derelict would have killed his chances of signing on with a legitimate mission outfit without Jill's lack of education in my opinion because he is a lazy, obnoxious, hypocritical, narrow minded bigot. Throw in the fact they both are stupid enough to realize not using any type of birth control will lead to babies, to the point they both need to be slap along side the head a few times. They both have some serious problems which they need to address and get help for, but we all know it will not happen. JB and Michelle are also stupid because they do not see the real writing on the wall when it comes to Jill and Derelict, and Derick's mother is too busy trying to convince us God save her instead of her medical team and defends Derelict instead of suggesting he gets some help ASAP.

I agree with your first sentence. A missionary will travel to other parts of the world and deal with other cultures and traditions. Be too judgmental and critical and most folks will reject you and your message. 

One reason we thought Derick would be different is willingness to eat food from other parts of the world. The Duggars eat with a very limited diet. 

Jill, I think, wanted to be like Michelle and JB and have a lot of kids. Maybe Derick thought they would have more time before the baby came, but Jill is not stupid, she wants babies. I think Jill would have a pretty similar life even if she had been raised fundie-lite or mainstream. 

• Love 4

While procrastinating, I came across the Cross Church Mission Training Manual:

missions-manual.pdf

From the manual:

Team Work Speech
** AT HOME READING**
Teams are made up of individuals of all ages, experience levels and walks of life. While this can make a team extremely effective on the mission field, it can also be a challenge on many levels when trying to get along in close quarters. Also, because you are a team, the actions of one reflect on the entire group and all future groups to come. Consider carefully the following points.
• Be sensitive to other personalities, emotions, and skill levels. Be careful with what you say and how you express your attitude toward others. The beauty of a team is that not everyone is just like you...and that is a good thing.
• Resolve conflicts quickly. When problems arise, go directly to the person you are having an issue with and deal with it in a private and mature manner. If a resolution cannot be reached, go to your team leader. DO NOT resort to seething resentment or slanderous gossip. This will only tear a team apart.
• Make new friends and mix with your fellow team members.
• Never go anywhere alone. For safety reasons, always have 2-3 together at all times.
• No PDA (Public displays of affection) will be tolerated with each other or the nationals. Many
cultures consider demonstrative behavior (even between husbands and wives) to be extremely
inappropriate in a public setting.
• Remember the reason you are a journey participant is ultimately to share Jesus with others. Do not destroy your credibility (and those of your team and future groups) with inappropriate words, attitudes or actions.

missions-manual.pdf

• Love 17
On 28/04/2018 at 2:38 AM, BitterApple said:

I think Derick and Jill are both miserable. They don't like each other, they don't like their marriage and they resent the hell out of their kids. Jill is overcompensating by posting cutesy hashtags on Instagram and Derick is lashing out on Twitter. Derick is pissed because Jill's lack of formal education killed any chance he had of signing on with a legitimate mission outfit and Jill is mad because she can't parent for shit and there's no longer a steady supply of Sister-Moms ready to jump in and pick up the slack. It's like we're watching the groundwork being laid for a future episode of Dateline: ID, complete with narration by Keith Morrison.

They sure aren’t going to get that weird Desperate Housewives sexy voice narration. 

• Love 3
51 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

While procrastinating, I came across the Cross Church Mission Training Manual:

missions-manual.pdf

From the manual:

Team Work Speech
** AT HOME READING**
Teams are made up of individuals of all ages, experience levels and walks of life. While this can make a team extremely effective on the mission field, it can also be a challenge on many levels when trying to get along in close quarters. Also, because you are a team, the actions of one reflect on the entire group and all future groups to come. Consider carefully the following points.
• Be sensitive to other personalities, emotions, and skill levels. Be careful with what you say and how you express your attitude toward others. The beauty of a team is that not everyone is just like you...and that is a good thing.
• Resolve conflicts quickly. When problems arise, go directly to the person you are having an issue with and deal with it in a private and mature manner. If a resolution cannot be reached, go to your team leader. DO NOT resort to seething resentment or slanderous gossip. This will only tear a team apart.

• Make new friends and mix with your fellow team members.
• Never go anywhere alone. For safety reasons, always have 2-3 together at all times.
• No PDA (Public displays of affection) will be tolerated with each other or the nationals. Many
cultures consider demonstrative behavior (even between husbands and wives) to be extremely
inappropriate in a public setting.
• Remember the reason you are a journey participant is ultimately to share Jesus with others. Do not destroy your credibility (and those of your team and future groups) with inappropriate words, attitudes or actions.

missions-manual.pdf

Derick has not been following a few rules.

23 hours ago, Marshmallow Mollie said:

And this guy is in school for ministry?! What is Godly about twitter rants? Nothing about his Twitter makes me want to leave my church and come to his, and certainly nothing about his Twitter is going to move someone who isn’t Christian or going to church to follow him.

Has he learned anything this past year? Is this a reflection of him or of the program or both? 

I am really wondering what cross church thinks of this. We know they share the same fundamental beliefs, but about the Twitter ranting at all times of the day and night?! And random unprovoked attacking of people, events, and shows he disagrees with?  I can’t imagine they feel it’s a good ad for their ministry program. 

• Love 15
18 hours ago, babyhouseman said:

My mother is a fan of Nate Berkus so I know about his history. He appeared on Oprah's show after going through the 2004 Sri Lanka tsunami where he lost his partner. But I guess that's fine with the Duggars and their ilk,

I am absolutely sure that the Duggars and their disgusting ilk are not only fine with this but believe it is God;s Righteous Judgement.

• Love 5

One thing that I don't get with Derricks latest Twitter outburst couples with the info posted above about Cross Church is how is Derrick going to get a job once he finishes the ministry program.   I can't really see anyone from Cross Church helping him get a job.  I'm sure they approve the underlying homophobia but not his bellgerent tone.   Who would want to hire a minister who is prone to seemingly unprovoked tirades.   He is a loose cannon in the worst of ways.  That's 12 grand down the toilet.

Edited by Ohiopirate02
  • Love 22
57 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

One thing that I don't get with Derricks latest Twitter outburst couples with the info posted above about Cross Church is how is Derrick going to get a job once he finishes the ministry program.   I can't really see anyone from Cross Church helping him get a job.  I'm sure they approve the underlying homophobia but not his bellgerent tone.   Who would want to hire a minister who is prone to seemingly unprovoked tirades.   He is a loose cannon in the worst of ways.  That's 12 grand down the toilet.

Maybe The Pissing Preacher Steve Anderson would need help at his little church of hate?

• Love 1
15 minutes ago, The Ascension said:

And may I present. The greatest tweet EVER. Hayley are you here??

james.PNG

Derick’s response:

A bit hypocritical.

Notice how he uses “guardian” instead of parent? Similar to his nonsense with Jazz.

Edited by ginger90
  • Love 13