Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

18 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She looks positively uncomfortable in those pants. Unlike Jinger, who pretty much looked natural wearing them from the start, Jill looks as though someone has encased her in some sort of foreign substance that she can't wait to wash off. Not that she's all that worried about washing in general...probably a bad analogy there! Maybe more like a suit of armor that she doesn't even know how to move in.

If that is the case, then why wear them? Unless Derick has ordered her to wear pants as her headship.

• Love 1
28 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She looks positively uncomfortable in those pants. Unlike Jinger, who pretty much looked natural wearing them from the start, Jill looks as though someone has encased her in some sort of foreign substance that she can't wait to wash off. Not that she's all that worried about washing in general...probably a bad analogy there! Maybe more like a suit of armor that she doesn't even know how to move in.

Which is too bad because I think it's the nicest outfit I've seen on her. 

• Love 8
16 minutes ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Latest Instagram pic shows a nose stud on Jill...so weird 

With Jill, I don't think this is a one error.  I think she does this often.  It does look like Jill pieced her nose & this picture was staged to show that off. Maybe she wants to keep up with all the college coeds Dercik is now hanging out with. That could explain the pants.

• Love 12

Jill's change is all Derick's doing. He saw all the positive attention Jinger and Jeremy were getting and told Jill she needed a change. No way did Jill decide to go out and wear skinny jeans and get a piercing a week after her husband got himself kicked off their show. He's trying to get under Blob's skin.

Many women in Nepal have nose piercings and didn't burn into flames, I guess that's where he got the idea.

• Love 14
52 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As a heathen Catholic, I have a question.  Why is the laser/light show (probably also a full band) okay for Sunday service, but a Crucifix, statues, and the Stations of the Cross are not?  

Plenty of Protestants would say it’s not.  I remember a huge fight in my hometown congregation against adding a mere drum set to the worship quintet. How the Dills are squaring it, I can’t say.

• Love 4
57 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

As a heathen Catholic, I have a question.  Why is the laser/light show (probably also a full band) okay for Sunday service, but a Crucifix, statues, and the Stations of the Cross are not?  

Because the laser/light show might bring in young people to see it and if you have enough laser shows they might even become new members? Which will give your church major bragging rights over the Catholic and other churches in your town, with their stagnating numbers? The kids don't come to see a crucifix! 

• Love 6

i thought the other picture of Jill was a pimple.

Looking at this picture, it looks like a piercing.  Plus, two pictures taken from the side like that are trying to show off the piercing.

I'm gonna be honest and say I don't like the piercing on Jill. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She doesn't look that uncomfortable to me, although maybe I'm just missing something. But even if she does, I don't think that necessarily means she doesn't want to wear pants. She's just completely unused to wearing pants. She's worn little but big floppy skirts her whole life, and jeans really feel different. ....

And Jill's motivations are completely different from Jingle's when it comes to clothes, seems to me. Jingle's always been the fashionista, apparently. So I'm sure she's thrilled with the way she looks in the pants. And she' in fashion now -- so that certainly shows on face.

Jill, on the other hand, has always seemed as if she'd throw on the same horseblanket with a slit for the head every day of her life and be perfectly happy if that were her wardrobe. Not a fashionista at all and caring for nothing except comfort, apparently. So -- pants schmants -- they're not going to thrill her because no piece of clothing is going to thrill her, probably. And it takes time to get used to the stiffness and lack of airiness of jeans, I expect. .... Well, I know, actually. It's so hot here in summer that I wear skirts almost all the time. And when it comes time to put pants on again, they feel kind of confining! 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 14
21 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Because the laser/light show might bring in young people to see it and if you have enough laser shows they might even become new members? Which will give your church major bragging rights over the Catholic and other churches in your town, with their stagnating numbers? The kids don't come to see a crucifix! 

Church for many people is just another form of entertainment.  Shop around til you find  something you like.

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, momma2seven said:

Maybe Sammy's birth really was as traumatic as we all suspect and was Jill's "come to Jesus" moment...only in a modern, sane, happy way. She was the biggest Kool-Aid drinker and grew up expecting to be extra blessed. When that didn't happen, she may have stepped back and realized all these silly Gothard/Boob rules meant nothing, so she's going mainstream. Or she's angry with God and denouncing everything and going the route of Anna's sister (which could also explain Derick spiraling further into scary territory)

Interesting thought!

Jill is going more mainstream and Derick is loosing touch with reality.  Who would've figured this would happen?

• Love 15
24 minutes ago, Marigold said:

Interesting thought!

Jill is going more mainstream and Derick is loosing touch with reality.  Who would've figured this would happen?

A nice thought, but doubtful. Jill isn't as vocal simply because she isn't allowed to be. And I'm pretty much 100% sure that she's also "allowed" to wear pants and "allowed" to get a nose ring and "allowed" to look however Derick thinks girls should look. Neither one of those two have made any statements that even remotely suggest that their break with TLC has anything to do with being disillusioned with Duggardom. She's willingly married to, and producing kids with, a man who is totally cool with her and her children being around the guy that molested her as a child. Nose ring or no, she's screwed.

• Love 17
43 minutes ago, Aja said:

Aren't face piercings a little lesbiany?

I don't think they are lesbiany. Jill is just morphing into one of those hippy dippy moms who is always carrying a baby on their back and grubby looking kids who look like they picked out their own clothes

Screenshot_20171127-135253-552x930.jpg.34307998cb1d6a8fc4fb4077fa1ea37a.jpg

• Love 9
3 minutes ago, Lunera said:

I don't think they are lesbiany. Jill is just morphing into one of those hippy dippy moms who is always carrying a baby on their back and grubby looking kids who look like they picked out their own clothes

Screenshot_20171127-135253-552x930.jpg.34307998cb1d6a8fc4fb4077fa1ea37a.jpg

Personally, I don't either, as I am a lesbian with nary a face piercing in sight. But since nothing terrifies these people more than homosexuals, it tickles me to point out anything that could be remotely construed as supporting the LGBTQ community. HA-HA! (ala Nelson)

• Love 20
3 hours ago, madpsych78 said:

If that is the case, then why wear them? Unless Derick has ordered her to wear pants as her headship.

I'm not sure it's completely one thing or another...I was mostly just making an observation about how she just does not appear comfortable in them. It could be that it was Derick's idea, as an "acceptable" way of showing that they have some flexibility, and she agreed to it. It could be that Jinger or Jessa made a suggestion that made sense to her. It could even be an idea she had herself after seeing some of the positive comments Jinger has been getting. Whatever was behind it, it just appears (to me, on this photo) that the feeling of them on her body seems somewhat alien. She might adjust to them and learn to be comfortable, or she might decide they are not for her. In this particular case, I hope she goes with what feels right for her. I can't exactly say that about all her decisions.

Or, basically, what Churchhoney said...

She doesn't look that uncomfortable to me, although maybe I'm just missing something. But even if she does, I don't think that necessarily means she doesn't want to wear pants. She's just completely unused to wearing pants. She's worn little but big floppy skirts her whole life, and jeans really feel different. ....

And Jill's motivations are completely different from Jingle's when it comes to clothes, seems to me. Jingle's always been the fashionista, apparently. So I'm sure she's thrilled with the way she looks in the pants. And she' in fashion now -- so that certainly shows on face.

Jill, on the other hand, has always seemed as if she'd throw on the same horseblanket with a slit for the head every day of her life and be perfectly happy if that were her wardrobe. Not a fashionista at all and caring for nothing except comfort, apparently. So -- pants schmants -- they're not going to thrill her because no piece of clothing is going to thrill her, probably. And it takes time to get used to the stiffness and lack of airiness of jeans, I expect. .... Well, I know, actually. It's so hot here in summer that I wear skirts almost all the time. And when it comes time to put pants on again, they feel kind of confining! 

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 3

I love the nose piercing! My job doesn’t allow it or I would have one!

I think it’s great that Jill is branching out a little. It seems perfect for her personality! Like a poster up thread said: hippy dippy mom with a baby strapped to her. Not my style, but I think it’s a good look for some! 

I think this is proof that she has been exposed to people that don’t follow Fundy/Gothard/whatever. And she is realizing that just because someone isn’t EXACTLY like her family doesn’t mean they are automatically “wrong”. 

Baby steps! 

• Love 13

Derick is using his own words now.......yay? LOL 

https://mobile.twitter.com/derickmdillard/status/935256746708348928?p=v

Someone thought they were correcting Derick's grammar ( they were actually incorrect)  and this is his response

Derick Dillard @derickmdillardReplying to @mjmelb @49evergreen @cldilla

It’s hardly nasty when someone corrects a false statement made against them. I didn’t point out the other mistake this person made; I only addressed the accusation. Let’s please be kind on here. We all make mistakes. It’s twitter for crying out loud, not an academic paper.

1:19 PM - 27 Nov 2017

• Love 1

People magazine is calling it a nose piercing.    I think it is too.  I think the bump we saw in an earlier photo was a swelling  reaction to the piercing.

Not only were they incorrect,  that person used the wrong Your, when they meant You're.   I do like his response.  It is twitter not an academic paper.    I don't like twitter, so I don't have an account.  I think people are going overboard on the Derick hate that they have to negatively comment on every single post he makes.   Save that for the posts that deserve it.  If you do make a negative post, then don't whine when he makes one back.  In my Mom's language 'don't dish it out if you can't take it. '

Edited by mythoughtis
  • Love 10

Good for Jill, claiming the "Bohemian" look.  It actually works for her.  Her next move is to twist that mop into an set of dreads and watch her father's head explode!  ;-)

Jing has the Fashionista nailed down, Jessa does girly-girl pretty well, and Joy has the ball-cap sporting tomboy look wound up.  Poor Jana is just a complete blank and we'll probably never see who she'll end up being. 

Jill may be married to an insane weirdo, but she's apparently trying to stretch herself a bit. 

• Love 22

That bump on Jill's nose looks like a whitehead pimple to me, but I can't zoom in on it and it's a bit blurry. If "People" is calling it a nose piercing, then I assume they got confirmation from someone ("People" is a rag, but it's trying to be a good reliable one).

• Love 5

I was a hippy dippy Mom, toting my kids around and allowing them to (horrors!) pick out their own clothes.  They all turned out just fine.   I agree with those who think it's great that Jill is branching out.  I have very little use for Derick though and that strait jacket style swaddling has me concerned, though that cute little Sammy looks like a contented baby.  

• Love 9
5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

She really does look stuffed into that shirt and pants and uncomfortable. 

4 hours ago, pinkelephant3 said:

Latest Instagram pic shows a nose stud on Jill...so weird 

For some reason, I really cannot wrap my head around Jill having a nose ring! Or any Duggar besides Amy!  

I think it does look good on her though! And I agreed the photos are staged to show it off! I really wonder how the ‘rents feel about this –  between Jilly’s nose ring, Derek getting kicked off TLC, the laser lights church, and pants wearing, the whole family is out of control!!!!  Agh!  

I also don’t believe for one minute that they willingly, happily, and open heartedly welcome Muslims into their home and have true friendships with them, without serious conversion efforts. I knew that was posted just to show how open-minded and accepting our bigoted Derek is. 

Edited by awaken
  • Love 13

Baptism , in the Catholic church doesn't bring or guarantee salvation. It is supposed to wash away Original SIn

JFTR,  I was raised a strict Catholic, converted to Judaism, but I am now an Atheist. I dont have a dog in this fight personally.

Edited by JennyMominFL
  • Love 10
1 minute ago, JennyMominFL said:

Baptism , in the Catholic church doesn't bring or guarantee salvation. It is supposed to wash away Original SIn

I was a Catholic many moons ago & I still remember that.

• Love 3
10 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Well, if you actually follow Baptist theological principles -- from time immemorial -- then believers' baptism is the only way to do it. Believing that isn't a matter of ego and a superiority complex, it's just the facts, in my opinion.

Faith is something you have to consciously opt into. That was a foundational belief of most Protestantism, actually, but most began slipping away from it early on, partly because of consternation about whether unbaptized young kids would go to hell (and despite various workarounds for that that various theologians posited). Baptists held onto the idea.

You have to choose God with your own will, heart and mind to actually be a believer, according to the Baptist faith, which has never been officially changed from that. And it's impossible for a baby or a young child to do that. Makes perfect sense to me, actually. You have to be old enough to know what you're doing.

Officially, Baptist theological principles have never wavered from this point. So the so-called Baptist churches who now baptize toddlers and infants willy nilly have in fact abandoned the Baptist faith -- mainly because they found that their membership numbers were slipping if they didn't baptize members' babies into the church and count them. When they did the actual Baptist thing and waited for people to have full-fledged minds of their own so they could consciously commit themselves to the religion, they began to lose members because older kids and teenagers and young adults weren't doing it. Hence -- they picked up a "new" tradition of infant baptism, which in fact flies in the face of everything Baptist theology ever stood for. 

Frankly, even as an atheist I think the idea that you have to choose your faith yourself for it to be official and real -- not get it secondhand because the adults wetted you with it before you had any idea what was going on -- makes perfect sense. If I were a Baptist, I don't think I'd consider this a trivial argument. 

9 hours ago, JennyMominFL said:

And that is EXACTLY what confirmation is for Catholics

I apologize--I agree with you that baptism is absolutely not a trivial argument for Baptists. It's really central to them. And all we see in Scripture are adults being baptized, so there's that as a perfectly valid argument. But I have been around Baptists who implied that my own infant baptism was "no good"/other infant baptisms were "no good" because conscious choice was not involved.

I can see both sides of the coin. It's awesome to think through your faith when you're not a 'yes ma'am/no sir' kid and take a stand one way or the other rather than blindly following. On the other hand, infant baptism stresses God's grace/power in the believer's life--opinions differ on whether it means you're "saved" or not--but the focus is more on God's presence and guidance with you as you (presumably) grow into your faith.

5 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I don't know about you guys but I find it a LOT harder to find pants that truly fit well. Skirts, fitting in them is easy-peasy.

• Love 5

I was/is definitely a hippy mom too and I sent my kids off to nursery school with a few disclaimers. However my kids were either dressed by me for certain occasions or offered a couple of options to pick from. Their dressers were filled with clean and weather appropriate clothing. When I was a stay-at-home mom I lived in jeans. I could bum those jeans down with a T and sandals or dress them up with dress shoes and a blazer or sweater, and I knew the difference. I may have been a little off beat and not on trend, but I didn't look like I threw on the clothes from my floor after rolling out of bed.

I think there's a difference between not caring if you're stylish and not caring at all. Jill falls closer to not caring at all.

ETA: I'm still not believing Jill has a nose ring. Its only been a few years that they've had their ears pierced. 

Edited by GeeGolly
nose piercing
  • Love 11
1 hour ago, JennyMominFL said:

JFTR,  I was raised a strict Catholic, converted to Judaism, but I am now an Atheist. I dont have a dog in this fight personally/

This is totally OT,  but last year I had a discussion with another poster who was a Dr. Who fan about the Chicago Tardis convention. I can’t remember who it was. Was it you by any chance?

If Jill really did get her nose pierced, I will applaud her for sure. My occupation wouldn’t allow me to it, and after it took my own ears forever to heal, I wasn’t going to get them pierced again or get my nose pierced.

Even if it’s just a stick on Swarovski crystal, I’m still giving her points.  Derick should get his man bun back again. Whatever pisses Boob off, I’m all for it!!!

• Love 14
5 hours ago, ariel said:

I am voting that it is a stick on.  But good for her!  I am hoping the next thing we see is a thong creeping out of her farmer jeans. 

ETA:  Gotta get one up on Jinger! 

Edited by truthtalk2014
  • Love 4
26 minutes ago, EVS said:

This is totally OT,  but last year I had a discussion with another poster who was a Dr. Who fan about the Chicago Tardis convention. I can’t remember who it was. Was it you by any chance?

26 minutes ago, EVS said:

Yes that's me. I just came back from a con In Ny. You can PM me if you want to go off topic

• Love 1
5 hours ago, Aja said:

Aren't face piercings a little lesbiany? Or, at  the very least, defiling of the countenance? 

That nose piercing is just sinful. Jill should be happy with the two perfect nose holes God gave her at birth, and stop trying to mess with the Lort's handiwork

• Love 23

Yes, Jill is definitely going with the Hippy Nature Mom look.  I have quite a few nose pierced born again/evangelical acquaintances. Apparently it's very cool or something. They also have Jesus tats.  Bible verses tats are all the rage in my homeschool group. 

Derick should get a tattoo.  I wonder what Bible verse he will choose??

• Love 3
5 hours ago, leighdear said:

Good for Jill, claiming the "Bohemian" look.  It actually works for her.  Her next move is to twist that mop into an set of dreads and watch her father's head explode!  ;-)

Jing has the Fashionista nailed down, Jessa does girly-girl pretty well, and Joy has the ball-cap sporting tomboy look wound up.  Poor Jana is just a complete blank and we'll probably never see who she'll end up being. 

Jill may be married to an insane weirdo, but she's apparently trying to stretch herself a bit. 

Yeah, props to Jill. May this nose ring be the sign of things to come!  Maybe even things like limiting family size,  exploring other religious traditions, learning about science, etc! Please! I'm shocked and excited about that nose ring and just wish I could have been there when JB and Michelle saw it.  Jill will see Jinger's pants and raise her a nose  ring! 

Jill: 2

Jinger: 1

Jessa: 0

Maybe JB kicked Derrick off the show because he didn't like those things the new headship was letting his Jilly Muffin do. Maybe Derrick said no more babies after emergency C-section #2 and was cool with the nose ring. (Yeah, I know, I'm giving Derrick too much credit and he's shown he's a gigantic turd of a bigot.) 

and yeah....I know the score is actually Jill- 2, Jessa-0 and Jinger 2,000,000 because she's not pregnant yet. :) 

• Love 17

My thoughts are leaning in a different position.   I think Jill is feeling threatened (brain done for the night, best term I can come up with) and perhaps a bit jealous of the young female college students that Derick is around regularly now.   She is trying whatever she can to keep him interested in her.   Again, I've said that something went down with Sammy's birth and maybe they aren't too intimate right now.   Anyone remember the separate bedrooms in DA?   And such a large gap (in fundy terms) between Israel and Sammy?    Just a feeling, but I think he is much more into his college "ministry" than he is her.   So sad.  

**totally agree that it's a stick on nose ring.  No way she got a real one.  Or did she buy it with the gofundme money? 

• Love 15
1 hour ago, tabloidlover said:

My thoughts are leaning in a different position.   I think Jill is feeling threatened (brain done for the night, best term I can come up with) and perhaps a bit jealous of the young female college students that Derick is around regularly now.   She is trying whatever she can to keep him interested in her.   Again, I've said that something went down with Sammy's birth and maybe they aren't too intimate right now.   Anyone remember the separate bedrooms in DA?   And such a large gap (in fundy terms) between Israel and Sammy?    Just a feeling, but I think he is much more into his college "ministry" than he is her.   So sad.  

**totally agree that it's a stick on nose ring.  No way she got a real one.  Or did she buy it with the gofundme money? 

I think you’re right. She’s trying to appear more modern and youthful because she feels threatened by all the young women Derrick is around all day and she’s probably terrified he’ll stray. Or worse, he’ll actually leave her with two young kids, no skills, and a religion that would tell her it was his fault that he left because she didn’t make him enough tasty sandwiches.

• Love 16