Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Sew Sumi said:

Oh, I am well aware about the mindset of the poor, persecuted white male Christian. Just wanted to let you all know how he was feeling last night after his romantic dinner. 

Maybe he felt energized to fight against the persecution!   ;  )

17 minutes ago, latetotheparty said:

The "wifey" and "hubby" bullshit grosses me out. 

Was it Jessa who used to wear the "wifey" tee shirt? 

If so, apparently she's traded it in for "Waco." Wonder if that means she now prefers the Gainses to Bin. 

• Love 3
1 hour ago, xwordfanatik said:

I think you meant Samuel?  I agree with you, though.  Jill was fooling herself and endangering not only her baby, but risking her own life.

I'm sorry.  Thanks for catching that.  Too many Duggarlings for me to track apparently.

• Love 1
11 minutes ago, tabloidlover said:

That omelet looks disgusting.   Is that the best “wifey” can do?  Seriously?  Born and raised to be a housewife and THAT’S what she cooks? 

It looks like stoner food that's made in the middle of the night when someone has the munchies & all that is available at the gas station quickie mart is eggs & ketchup.  What's up with the tooth picks?

Edited by ariel
  • Love 14
53 minutes ago, SMama said:

What work FFS?

Bashing transgender teens on Twitter? Today must be school day. He hashtagged that *omelette" as breakfast. Why not eat at home, or is he that happy to leave the student living quarters they seem to be residing in? Or just rid of HER?

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 4

I think that Jill put toothpicks in it to make sure it didn't fall apart in transit to Derick's "job."  It looks like Jill made it right as Derick left their apartment/house and put it hot in the plastic bag that's underneath the plates. Guessing he was on Duggar time and had to eat on the run or whatever work he does allows him to eat breakfast and argue with online critics.  

• Love 3
3 minutes ago, birkenstock said:

I think that Jill put toothpicks in it to make sure it didn't fall apart in transit to Derick's "job."  It looks like Jill made it right as Derick left their apartment/house and put it hot in the plastic bag that's underneath the plates. Guessing he was on Duggar time and had to eat on the run or whatever work he does allows him to eat breakfast and argue with online critics.  

He has braces so he needs to clean around the brackets.  But, do we have to be reminded of that?

• Love 2
3 hours ago, ariel said:

It looks like stoner food that's made in the middle of the night.  What's up with the tooth picks?

Haha! Perfect description! I've never seen an omelette where the eggs were not whisked or beaten. These look as though she stirred them a couple of times, tops. More like fried eggs where she accidentally broke the yolks. And what's that they are filled with? Looks like diced pickles & cheese. I'm at a loss with the toothpicks as well...

3 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

He has braces so he needs to clean around the brackets.  But, do we have to be reminded of that?

Ah...thanks...makes sense. But why would anyone include that in the photo??

And...on second thought, those toothpicks look much more as though they were stuck into something much deeper than the space between braces/teeth...The sauce comes up almost halfway. Maybe there was something else in the lunch, but he ate it before taking the photo? In any case, why are  they part of the composition??

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 6

Derick's use of "wifey" in the "omelet to go"  post felt like he was  making fun of Jill.  It read like he was mad at her and was taunting her.  Just seemed disrespectful to me.   #weird

Edited by ranchgirl
  • Love 3

There are PROPER items on the shelf at WalMart that are to be used for braces after eating....not toothpicks.

I'm glad someone else commented on the 'odd color combination' of that omelet. I wondered why the white and yellow were like that.

I guess it's a stirred omelet. Is this how she feeds her husband? With this low quality food? Wasn't she supposed to be 'trained up' from a little girl on all those housewifey things, like cooking AND CLEANING?'None of Michelle's daughters, except for maybe Jana, know what to do with a household.

• Love 5
3 minutes ago, ranchgirl said:

Derick's use of "wifey" in the "omelet to go"  felt like he was  making fun of Jill.  It read like he was mad at her and was taunting her.  Just seemed disrespectful to me.   #weird

Yeah , I totally got a passive-aggressive vibe from that tweet. But I'm cynical like that.

• Love 3

What I don't get that if that omelet was suppose to be a" breakfast on the go", why not make him something more portable?  How about a breakfast sandwich using eggs, bacon, cheese or even a wrap?

• Love 11

Yeah, i think you put the toothpicks into the omlette standing up, then they make the ziplock bag "tent", and avoid touching the omlette and sauce and smearing it all over the bag. But this could have all been avoided if they'd used, you know, any other kind of plastic container/tupperware.

• Love 7
6 minutes ago, ariel said:

What I don't get that if that omelet was suppose to be a" breakfast on the go", why not make him something more portable?  How about a breakfast sandwich using eggs, bacon, cheese or even a wrap?

Maybe because she started to make the omelet, and then it took so long that Derick had to leave for his "job" so she wrapped it up for him.

Why are these people on social media at all? It seems obvious to me, and would be glaringly obvious to their fellow fundies, that they are having marital problems and are being pressured into saying nice things to each other as some sort of marriage therapy. Is Jill not embarrassed by this?

Derick has nothing of any value to say, and gets no positive reinforcement for his endless stream of pointless Bible verses and Jazz insults. Why not just stay off of SM?

• Love 4
2 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Shit, I didn't even see the baggie.  Jill & Jessa are just Meeeechelle all over again.  More's the pity.

• Love 4
15 minutes ago, xwordfanatik said:

Shit, I didn't even see the baggie.  Jill & Jessa are just Meeeechelle all over again.  More's the pity.

It really did seem like they were at least trying for a while.

Jill appeared to keep the McMansion clean, and she decorated a bit. She made an effort to cook Derick the Nepalese meal, and they showed her trying other new foods.

When Ben and Jessa moved into the mold house they went out and got new furniture, and their bed was made nicely with new registry sheets. When Spurgeon was born, they had set up a nice nursery area in the bedroom with lots of pintersty decorations. Jessa was trying to cook and eating healthier foods. They were eating off of real plates, too.

All it took was one baby for that all to go to hell, and with two they are already back in J'chelle territory. 

• Love 13
2 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Bashing transgender teens on Twitter? Today must be school day. He hashtagged that *omelette" as breakfast. Why not eat at home, or is he that happy to leave the student living quarters they seem to be residing in? Or just rid of HER?

I think we all know the answer to that one....

2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Haha! Perfect description! I've never seen an omelette where the eggs were not whisked oyolksr beaten. These look as though she stirred them a couple of times, tops. More like fried eggs where she accidentally broke the yolks. And what's that they are filled with? Looks like diced pickles & cheese. I'm at a loss with the toothpicks as well...

Thank you!!!  I was going to post my opinion of the eggs not being properly mixed, but thought I might be too harsh.   Nope.  She sucks all the way around (but not in the way that might get him to RELAX).  

• Love 11

<------ Not a Millennial, but I know how to take a food shot for crissakes! This is just grossness, complete with toothpicks. 

WAKE UP 10 MINUTES EARLIER AND EAT AT HOME, YOU NITWIT! We know you probably didn't shower, either. 

• Love 13

I'm wondering if Jill is seeing any of the TLC money owed to her over the years ?  I would think that between the TLC money & the grifting, they'd be living high on the hog.  They seem to be living like penniless hobos.

• Love 3
15 hours ago, floridamom said:

Derick and Jill are living the way they are because Daddy isn't providing one of his houses for them to live in....and they most likely were let go from TLC, so not many TLC paychecks remaining. DDD does not have a j.o.b. that I know of, so they're living at this level due to necessity. I hope Jill likes living well below the standard she came to live in before she married...this is real life,perhaps, Jill.

But I'm curious, why would daddy no longer be supplying free housing?  Is he displeased for some reason, or Could they have possibly chosen to live modestly on purpose?  (Doubtful). And who is now in their old house?

Ben and Jessa "bought" (don't know for how much) Grandma Duggar's house earlier this year. It was assessed around $100k, but who know what they actually paid for it? Grandma turned around and got the pool house put in her name. Several other properties were moved around the Duggar real estate chessboard at the end of June. All of it very odd, but the bottom line is that maybe Jessa and Ben did pay market or even half to Grandma for the Mold House. It's in their names. 

Benessa have traveled quite a bit for a young family in the middle of the week as if they didn't have a care in the world. 

I think she and Jill are getting paid, maybe Jill not as much since there have been episodes in which she hasn't appeared from the DA period. Derelict had the 12 grand to plunk down to go to "school" full time for a year. If they can afford to not work, they're living off of *something* that doesn't appear obvious from how they've lived (basically for free) since they got married. They've been able to bank the vast majority of HER income. 

eta (posts came in at the same time) @awaken, Derelict's program is supposedly residential. I suppose they are living in an apartment supplied to them by Cross Church. A furnished apartment. I doubt Boob would allow his furniture to move to a space not owned by a Duggar. 

Edited by Sew Sumi
  • Love 7
4 hours ago, birkenstock said:

Use foil tented it over it you dumbass!  Your food won't end up wet from the condensation.   Is it eggs in a tortilla?  It would be a tad more appetizing if she had heated up the tortilla on the stove so it had a bit of texture and color.  Now it looks like it might be gummy.  Yes I am being very judgmental!  That is what happens when you elevate breakfast making to the second coming of Jesus.

• Love 15
On 10/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, lianau said:

Ladies, find someone who loves Jesus and takes care of you like this guy does me. Does me what ?  

That's what she said. Sorry, I'm really a twelve-year-old boy.

• Love 11

A gross looking omlet in a baggie, on a paper plate, with used toothpicks is nothing to brag about. The oatmeal I make my kids, or homemade muffins, look 1000x better and it's not trumpeted on on SM. (AND I WORK, TOO!  AND CLEAN MY HOUSE!) 

• Love 8
15 hours ago, Gweilo said:

If Jill and Derick really are living in a modest apartment and buying/using cheap furniture, considering that they don't have jobs, that's actually....pretty sensible? They're still nutcases, though.

Don't the Duggars have warehouses and pole barns full of household goods and old furniture from the slum-rentals they own? 

• Love 4

That "omelet" was disgusting. If it tried to feed my husband that, he would wonder what's wrong with me. We're not big breakfast eaters during the week, but on the weekends and holidays, I'll make a real breakfast, eggs, hash browns, sausage, toast and sometimes biscuits and gravy.  Not that sad mess there. That "sauce" looks disgusting too.  And I've got 18 month old toddlers. My house is always clean. There are toys around, but it's clean. And I was alone pretty much for 6 months earlier this year when my husband was deployed. My house was still clean. The Duggars have no excuse. They're pigs. 

• Love 13

Credit where credit is due, the revelation that Jill likes hot sauce might be displaying more personality than we've ever seen from her before.  (Disclaimer:  I am a spice wimp and don't like hot sauce.  No judgment of my fellow tame milds was intended by this post.)

• Love 7

The "program" Derick is in can include housing or not.  It does look like they went with the housing included option.  The housing has to be cheap since they only take off about $2K for not using their housing option.

1 hour ago, Catfin said:

On 10/24/2017 at 2:50 PM, lianau said:

Ladies, find someone who loves Jesus and takes care of you like this guy does me. ...

Well, Muffy, I married someone who loves Jesus and takes care of me...WAY better than Dreck is capable of taking care of you or even himself, but I’m not all over Soshul Meedya posting with hashtags  and being all smug about it every time he brings me something to eat or drink.

So there!!!!

• Love 11
20 minutes ago, Absolom said:

The "program" Derick is in can include housing or not.  It does look like they went with the housing included option.  The housing has to be cheap since they only take off about $2K for not using their housing option.

I'd totally forgotten about the $2k housing option. I'd guess they got a furnished 2BR apt. I imagine all the Dullards had to supply for themselves were cribs and a changing table for the 2nd bedroom. Maybe a new bed? Eh, probably not. They probably had to take what Cross Church gives every married couple who has a "student" enrolled in this program. 

IOW, it appears to me that the Dullards are actually trying to be modest, suck it up, and not lord their wealth over the other people in the program by staying at the Pool House or another fancy Duggar rental. 

• Love 2
1 minute ago, Annb67 said:

Sweet jesus!! STOP TRYING TO CONVINCE US YOU HAVE THE PERFECT MARRIAGE. By the way, that "omelette" looks like part of a fucking accident scene. Did someone lob a finger off? What the hell?

That omelette looks so unappetizing and gross!  Even a lump of dog shit looks more appealing than that hot mess.  I’m sure all their adoring leg bumper fans were raving about how neat, special, and precious it was.

• Love 4
5 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

If he wasn't mocking her, I feel like he would have just posted "mmm, tasty omelet, thanks honey" instead of "look, instagram, my wifey made me an "omelet" which she then carefully packaged with toothpicks in a ziploc so I could take it to work. Yes, an omelet. In a Ziploc. My wife has the intellect of a ground squirrel with a TBI, and refuses to show her collarbones in public. I hate my life." 

You forgot to put quotes around "work."  :)

I think I know why Derrick is so skinny now.  It's not because he's sick, it's because he can only manage a few bites of Jill's cooking before he gags.  You don't get much nutrition that way.

• Love 6
9 hours ago, queenanne said:

Credit where credit is due, the revelation that Jill likes hot sauce might be displaying more personality than we've ever seen from her before.  (Disclaimer:  I am a spice wimp and don't like hot sauce.  No judgment of my fellow tame milds was intended by this post.)

If Derrick likes hot sauce, Jill has to like hot sauce, right?

• Love 5
21 minutes ago, luvbadtv said:

If Derrick likes hot sauce, Jill has to like hot sauce, right?

I don’t expect that she has to like it just because her husband does. But part of the fun of relationships is reaching/showing one another new things and trying new things.  We know Duggars aren’t the most adventurous people out there when it comes to food, so even being willling to try something new is a big deal.

• Love 2
10 hours ago, queenanne said:

Fellow spice wimp here (high five!). I'm not sure how much personality you need to like hot sauce, though. I know plenty of people who could live off hot wings and 5 alarm chili who have the personality of potted plants. 

7 hours ago, mynextmistake said:

I think he almost has to be mocking her with the omelet post. Like, who cooks an omelet for their husband and sends it with him to work in a Ziploc? My husband makes his own breakfast, because we have one of those "liberal" marriages where we both recognize that a Y-chromosome does not render one incapable of performing domestic tasks, but if I were making something for him to take to work it wouldn't be an omelet. If he wasn't mocking her, I feel like he would have just posted "mmm, tasty omelet, thanks honey" instead of "look, instagram, my wifey made me an "omelet" which she then carefully packaged with toothpicks in a ziploc so I could take it to work. Yes, an omelet. In a Ziploc. My wife has the intellect of a ground squirrel with a TBI, and refuses to show her collarbones in public. I hate my life." 

The sad part is that I feel like Jill is probably trying to make him happy, but she keeps running into his wall of passive aggression and has no idea what to do about it. She's not very bright, even by Duggar standards, and has really, really drunk the Gothard koolaid. She probably has no idea what she did wrong. How depressing.

Now that this has been brought up in a couple of posts, I can kinda see it. Especially in the wording "creation of an omelet". That can definitely read with a big eye-roll...Yup, it's a "creation" alright. And cracking up over your "ground  squirrel with a TBI" description.

1 hour ago, cdp73 said:

You forgot to put quotes around "work."  :)

I think I know why Derrick is so skinny now.  It's not because he's sick, it's because he can only manage a few bites of Jill's cooking before he gags.  You don't get much nutrition that way.

Maybe that's one of the reasons he sometimes abandons his manly role to cook for her. Simple self-preservation

Oh, and regarding Jill's quote of finding someone "who loves Jesus and takes care of you like this guy does me. ...", I find it interesting that she thinks he loves Jesus but merely "takes care" of her. Maybe a bit of a Freudian slip in her description of their perfect marriage? Or is that just standard thinking in that whole "God first" mentality?

Edited by Jynnan tonnix
  • Love 5

I hate to sound like I'm defending Jill but.........that's how I make my scrambled eggs and omelettes, crack the eggs into the pan and give them a stir to break up the yolks a bit.  I just like them that way, a little yolk always stays intact so I get a hints of over easy eggs here and there.  And the middle fold always cracks open on mine too (maybe because I don't do true scrambled to start).

That said I doubt Jill cooked this because that's how they like it vs just that's how her semi-trained brain learned how from whatever she saw MeChelle doing at the TTH.  And how hard would it have been to fold that into a tortilla, or naan or even two pieces of white bread and make a wrap or sandwich so it would be truly portable?

Derrick's two default tweet styles come down to "look how pious and religious I am" and "look how great my marriage is"  --- he has never heard of Those Who Doth Protest Too Much or, as an article I read put it:  The more you have to go to the trouble of saying something about yourself or another person, the less real it sounds. On the very shady side of this issue are the people who go out of their way to create a particular image of themselves – they’re the worst protestors with something to hide. It may be nothing out of the ordinary other than that they’re not this exaggerated version of themselves that they’re putting across, but often, it’s duplicity.

• Love 9