Type keyword(s) to search

Jill, Derick & the Kids: Moving On!!

Message added by CM-CrispMtAir,

Shout out to everyone participating in the conversation about Jill’s miscarriage/stillbirth. You’re navigating a difficult topic with respect and thoughtfulness and your contributions are kind, considerate, constructive and informative. 

Thank you. 💚💚

• Start Topic

21 hours ago, lascuba said:

This makes me wish I knew how to needlepoint. 

That really sounds like a wonderful work from home ministry opportunity!

2 hours ago, Malvina said:

15781564_1625166541125014_20457821190251

Not more interpretive dance or skits!

• Love 4

I read on another site that Jill said the three younger girls including Josie have been assigned to clean her house & do the laundry.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I guess Jill had to call in reinforcements because of her morning sickness. 

• Love 2
54 minutes ago, Barb23 said:

I read on another site that Jill said the three younger girls including Josie have been assigned to clean her house & do the laundry.  Does anyone know if this is true?  I guess Jill had to call in reinforcements because of her morning sickness. 

I've never been pregnant, but from what I hear, morning sickness can be very incapacitating if it gets bad enough. Don't know if the story is true, but we all know as Jim Boob's favorite, she's used to getting what she wants. When everything you do is "neat, special, and precious" because you're a Duggar, the bar to the rest of us out there who go to work when we don't feel good, we see the bar for them as pretty low.

We all know that Jill is an idle cow on a good day and a constant attention seeker like her mother., but one really has to be desperate to let Josie clean your house. 

I guess the little lost girls figure they'll get some attention there rather than be completely feral and ignored at the TTH. Why can't Dillweed help her, or can't Jill stand to be alone when he actually has to work an odd job vs pretending to be a missionary?

• Love 7

I had 24/7 morning sickness with my oldest that began two weeks after conception and did not abate for two weeks after birth.  It was horrible.  I had smell aversions so badly that I couldn't stand to be in the kitchen.  So what did I do?  I pulled my shirt up over my nose and mouth and went to work.  I did a LOT of cooking with a bar of Mountain Spring Dial soap tied to a string around my neck (the smell helped calm my stomach).  There were no "helpers" for me.  And you know what?  It made me a stronger person.  I learned to deal with it and move on and still put dinner on the table and everything else.  I do know women who were hospitalized for their "morning" sickness and were utterly incapacitated.  Had to be put on anti-nausea meds and had to lie nearly absolutely still otherwise run the risk of becoming sick.  If this is Jill, I feel badly for her.  

I'm curious to see if this is truly true or not.

• Love 15
5 hours ago, Barb23 said:

While I know morning sickness is no joke, I don't doubt that Jilly Muffin would exaggerate her symptoms because a) she's lazy and doesn't want to take care of her kid and b) she can't stand being alone, so it ensures a steady stream of siblings are assigned maid/nanny duty at the Pool House. Jill is Michelle 2.0. She's spent the past 24 years watching her cagey and clever mother rope in volunteers to do all the shit work for her while she hid out in her room and incubated her latest spawn. Jill is going to be no different, and because she's Daddy's favorite, she'll get what she wants.

• Love 11

That "party"picture makes me wonder...are they all so bored they don't even know how bored they are? They don't read, they don't have careers or even real hobbies, they don't follow current events because worldly...WTF do they talk about, other than who's knocked up and who just delivered?

I caught a tiny glimpse of their lives this year at a family holiday gathering that included four generations of normally intelligent, quick-witted, and interesting people...and this year, a seven-month-old baby and not even a particularly interesting, interactive, or cute one at that. Yet my God how his presence sucked all of the grown-up out of the room...it was just a Babytalkapalooza for two straight days. Literally nothing else was discussed. The kid threw a pottery salad bowl on the floor, shattering it, and you would have thought it was the most clever thing that ever clevered. 

Must be like that all.the.time in Duggarville.

Oh, the humanity...

• Love 16
1 minute ago, Oldernowiser said:

I caught a tiny glimpse of their lives this year at a family holiday gathering that included four generations of normally intelligent, quick-witted, and interesting people...and this year, a seven-month-old baby and not even a particularly interesting, interactive, or cute one at that. Yet my God how his presence sucked all of the grown-up out of the room...it was just a Babytalkapalooza for two straight days. Literally nothing else was discussed. The kid threw a pottery salad bowl on the floor, shattering it, and you would have thought it was the most clever thing that ever clevered. 

Can we be roommates after we get off the bus to hell? My in-laws are always handing me babies at gatherings and all I can think is "this kid better not spit up on my cashmere sweater." I imagine attending a party at the Duggars falls somewhere on the enjoyment spectrum between getting a root canal with no anesthesia and jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. 

• Love 14
1 minute ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why would she need help doing laundry when her husband doesn't work, and it's just the 3 of them?

Well, Jill couldn't figure out how to make three cups of Minute Rice, so maybe the dial on the washing machine confuses her. Derick seems fine with re-wearing clothes that have been laying on the floor for three weeks and boy children don't do chores which gets Izzy off the hook, so I guess it's the Littles on laundry duty or nothing.

• Love 6
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Why would she need help doing laundry when her husband doesn't work, and it's just the 3 of them?

Because laundry and cleaning are women's work. A manly man like Derrick can't do them. It would be too emasculating.

Edited by scriggle
  • Love 6
5 minutes ago, DangerousMinds said:

Because MeChelle managed to weasel out of raising her kids whilst incubating her spawn. Jill also enjoys dressing up as the Virgin Mary, as though she fancies herself to be some holy being, and ironically trying to save Central Americans from Catholicism.

Maybe the fringe benefit of having the Lost Girls with Derick and Muffy is that they will get more attention since Jill went to DA and managed to escape raising her siblings, so now it's payback time. But the more likely truth is that heavily pregnant Jessa gets no such help, because Muffy is Boob's favorite. 

Muffy hasn't had to toughen up like most people have been expected to (or had to) in the face of adversity, but without proper medical and psychiatric help, Muffy will continue to flounder.  She's not functioning well at all, but the world she lives in continues to enable this kind of learned helplessness.

Derick must have his work cut out for him, exposing his baby-wife to reality and normalcy. Since she only was raised with her very insular family, she probably believes this is HOW everyone does this. Anna fends for herself and so does Prissy to some degree. Jill has failed to launch on so many levels and no one has done a damn thing about it.

• Love 11

I imagine that if the youngest girls are "helping" at Jill's house, it's more of a way to train them into being proper wives and mothers, since there are no longer any babies or toddlers in their house for them to raise. 

1 hour ago, Oldernowiser said:

That "party"picture makes me wonder...are they all so bored they don't even know how bored they are? They don't read, they don't have careers or even real hobbies, they don't follow current events because worldly...WTF do they talk about, other than who's knocked up and who just delivered?

Oh, the humanity...

I don't think they're all that enamored with babies anymore beyond just accumulating them, so they wouldn't even be talking about them in any kind of an affectionate or excited way. Which means the question of WTF do they talk about remains. The latest sermon from the current preacher du jour? Saving spiritually dead non-white people? Techniques for maximum grift?

• Love 10
20 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Which means the question of WTF do they talk about remains.

They quote bible verses at each other. No discussion or interpretation just straight KJV quotes. Whoever quotes the most without repeating wins.

• Love 6

I am just going to say that I think they present to us as bible verse junkies and non exposure to the outside world but they must be on the internet to do all that Pinterest stuff and wedding dress buying.  We have speculated that Jessa Blessa has discovered the joys of Amazon, buying new and not saving the difference.  They have laptops and iPhones.  I think they have more to talk about than they will ever reveal to their viewing audience.  I even think the girls wear pants when they are not being filmed and can avoid stalkers.

• Love 4

What do they do all day?

Jill and Derrick pretend to study, accumulate a lot of books, sharpen pencils, but never actually learn anything.

Jessa used to curl her hair all day, but now seems to spend her time inventing enemies and discovering how they're persecuted and superior to all the heathens.

Guess she's upset that babies carve away hair curling time. I don't think Jill or Derrick even wash their hair. 

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Arwen Evenstar said:

I've never been pregnant, but from what I hear, morning sickness can be very incapacitating if it gets bad enough. Don't know if the story is true, but we all know as Jim Boob's favorite, she's used to getting what she wants. When everything you do is "neat, special, and precious" because you're a Duggar, the bar to the rest of us out there who go to work when we don't feel good, we see the bar for them as pretty low.

Can Derick not clean his own house?

• Love 7
4 hours ago, scriggle said:

Because laundry and cleaning are women's work. A manly man like Derrick can't do them. It would be too emasculating.

A functional parent (I'm looking at you, Cathy) would be at her son's house teaching him how to use appliances like the dishwasher, washer and dryer and how to heat food in a microwave before allowing a seven-year-old with significant delays (yeah, J-Chelle, I said it. Prove me wrong,) to operate anything at all in his home, let alone be "in charge" of an active baby.

Here's a thought, Triple D. If your wife is so incapacitated, perhaps you might want to use some of that grifting money and hire someone to come in a few days a week to neaten up, do laundry and make sure there was something in the house for dinner. Or -- news flash! -- there's this new-fangled thing called take-out. Call the restaurant, order something to eat, go and get it and pretend like you can do something more than grow hair and post on social media.

59 minutes ago, poopchute said:

Can Derick not clean his own house?

He's too manly for housework. I'm sure that man bun takes all day to accomplish as well.

• Love 8
On 1/2/2017 at 1:07 PM, Sew Sumi said:

Izzy cracking up. On top of the coffee table.

Although I am glad they aren't blanket training him for climbing on furniture, if the first kid is already Howler acting, the next dozen are going to be hot messes.

• Love 2

I've had severe morning sickness for all my pregnancies, I'll give Jill a pass on having her siblings helping out. If I could have had help I would have taken it no matter how bad it might have made me appear to others 

There is no remedy for real morning sickness, I tried everything but still ended up in hospital multiple times for IV rehydrating 

I feel for anyone who has to go through morning sickness, including a Duggar. 

Going to find something to snark about now

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, Joe Jitsu913 said:

But a man-bun is perfectly masculine. 

And so is not providing for your wife and baby boy and the new baby on the way, lazing about pretending to be a missionary and grifting for a ministry you've no plans to return to for at least a year, if ever.

• Love 9
13 hours ago, Barb23 said:

I don't know if it's true, but I'm imagining Josie licking everything clean. 

• Love 4
16 hours ago, lookeyloo said:

I am just going to say that I think they present to us as bible verse junkies and non exposure to the outside world but they must be on the internet to do all that Pinterest stuff and wedding dress buying.  We have speculated that Jessa Blessa has discovered the joys of Amazon, buying new and not saving the difference.  They have laptops and iPhones.  I think they have more to talk about than they will ever reveal to their viewing audience.  I even think the girls wear pants when they are not being filmed and can avoid stalkers.

Yeah, but you have to understand, none of the outside interaction, or any action really, comes without being larded with the knee-jerk recitation of Bible verses and buzzwords.  'Cuz constantly reminding everyone else that you're Christian, is the only holy way to conduct yourselves.  I think you'd be surprised by the pervasiveness of this mindset if you spent an hour or two standing in their midst (if you have had this exposure and I am just glossing over this knowledge, forgive me!).  To some extent it may be circular, where some of the Christians spend time mouthing the platitudes to each other solely because they're afraid that not using the right constant buzzwords results in scoldings.  I've heard, no lie, conversations where one Christian scolded another for saying "luck" or "good fortune", cuz Jesus.  No such thing as either, because "every good thing comes from God, and by prayer and fasting", this is a loose translation but not by much, "there is no such thing as luck", thus you should strike the word from your vocabulary.  I'm exaggerating this but only at about 10%.  I'm surprised Christians believe in the laws of probability.  Some probably think we should just gloss over them.

That said, I've never been pregnant but I believe it has incapacitated some women and I'm one of those infants who'd prefer the whole world to stop when I'm sick; thus I'll give Jill a pass on asking for assistance.

• Love 6
39 minutes ago, queenanne said:

Yeah, but you have to understand, none of the outside interaction, or any action really, comes without being larded with the knee-jerk recitation of Bible verses and buzzwords.  'Cuz constantly reminding everyone else that you're Christian, is the only holy way to conduct yourselves.  I think you'd be surprised by the pervasiveness of this mindset if you spent an hour or two standing in their midst (if you have had this exposure and I am just glossing over this knowledge, forgive me!).  To some extent it may be circular, where some of the Christians spend time mouthing the platitudes to each other solely because they're afraid that not using the right constant buzzwords results in scoldings.  I've heard, no lie, conversations where one Christian scolded another for saying "luck" or "good fortune", cuz Jesus.  No such thing as either, because "every good thing comes from God, and by prayer and fasting", this is a loose translation but not by much, "there is no such thing as luck", thus you should strike the word from your vocabulary.  I'm exaggerating this but only at about 10%.  I'm surprised Christians believe in the laws of probability.  Some probably think we should just gloss over them.

I wonder about this way too often. How many of them actually think the way they speak? I don't mean the sincerity of their beliefs in general (while I'm sure there are a fair number of closeted non-believers, when it comes to individuals I tend to take them at their word), but the way talk to each other and to outsiders--the bible verses, the platitudes, the talking points. Are those the thoughts that occupy their minds? Even when I technically considered myself Catholic, I never really, deep in my soul, believed much of it--both because my family isn't religious anyway and because I sometimes think there must be a "faith" gene that I lack. So I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that fundie though-processes really are that simple...that they go about their days thinking like they speak at all times, or mentally slapping themselves when an errant thought enters their head.

• Love 6
21 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

Oh, the humanity...

21 hours ago, BitterApple said:

Can we be roommates after we get off the bus to hell? My in-laws are always handing me babies at gatherings and all I can think is "this kid better not spit up on my cashmere sweater." I imagine attending a party at the Duggars falls somewhere on the enjoyment spectrum between getting a root canal with no anesthesia and jumping out of an airplane with no parachute. 

19 hours ago, lascuba said:

I imagine that if the youngest girls are "helping" at Jill's house, it's more of a way to train them into being proper wives and mothers, since there are no longer any babies or toddlers in their house for them to raise. 

I don't think they're all that enamored with babies anymore beyond just accumulating them, so they wouldn't even be talking about them in any kind of an affectionate or excited way. Which means the question of WTF do they talk about remains. The latest sermon from the current preacher du jour? Saving spiritually dead non-white people? Techniques for maximum grift?

Having seen the state of the TTH, none of those little gremlins know how to clean anything, including their own persons.  As for training them to be wives and mothers, I'm sure that works if you're training them in the Michelle Duggar school of not actually doing anything.

Well, ladies, see me at the door to Hell for your free drink tickets (2 drink minimum by the way).  I have actually refused kids my brother's in-laws have tried to hand me.  Let me tell you how well *that* went over.  They at least had the sense to stop asking me when I was going to settle down, get married and have kids after the second time I responded, "Why the *&^% would I do *that*?"  Can you imagine the hell that this "party" would be?  No booze, terrible food, no witty gay friends to critique everyone's fashion choices (apologies for the stereotype), conversation a thick entwining of politics and their own special brand of theology ... wait, maybe that *IS* the hell we're going to end up in?

• Love 15
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

That said, I've never been pregnant but I believe it has incapacitated some women and I'm one of those infants who'd prefer the whole world to stop when I'm sick; thus I'll give Jill a pass on asking for assistance.

I would agree IF Jill didn't have an unemployed husband at home. Not OK IMO to ask little girls to wash Derrick's dirty underwear.

• Love 7
1 hour ago, lascuba said:

I wonder about this way too often. How many of them actually think the way they speak? I don't mean the sincerity of their beliefs in general (while I'm sure there are a fair number of closeted non-believers, when it comes to individuals I tend to take them at their word), but the way talk to each other and to outsiders--the bible verses, the platitudes, the talking points. Are those the thoughts that occupy their minds? Even when I technically considered myself Catholic, I never really, deep in my soul, believed much of it--both because my family isn't religious anyway and because I sometimes think there must be a "faith" gene that I lack. So I have a hard time wrapping my head around the idea that fundie though-processes really are that simple...that they go about their days thinking like they speak at all times, or mentally slapping themselves when an errant thought enters their head.

I hear you on the faith gene. I was brought up Catholic as well, but never really believed it any more than I believed Greek mythology or fairy tales (which were all better stories to my mind anyway). My parents were not overtly all that religious, but as they got older and as I drifted away from it, I've realized that it is all very firmly ingrained in them. Oddly, my father's brother lost his faith in early adulthood as well, and his children are all agnostic/atheist, and even though I'm an only child and never really knew my cousins well growing up, I find, reconnecting with them in middle-age, I have a lot more in common with them, personality-wise, than I do with my parents. I'd say that gives a few points to nature over nurture, and still hold out hope that it means at least a couple of the Duggarlings have it in them to rebel.

In any case, I think in a lot of cases, the mouthing of platitudes is a self-preservation measure. A mind-control technique to keep one's mind focused lest it stray to subjects it's forbidden to ponder. And reinforcement, wherein if everyone else around you is saying the same things, they MUST be true.

• Love 7
2 hours ago, queenanne said:

I've heard, no lie, conversations where one Christian scolded another for saying "luck" or "good fortune", cuz Jesus.  No such thing as either, because "every good thing comes from God, and by prayer and fasting", this is a loose translation but not by much, "there is no such thing as luck", thus you should strike the word from your vocabulary.  I'm exaggerating this but only at about 10%.  I'm surprised Christians believe in the laws of probability.  Some probably think we should just gloss over them.

I've been corrected more than once by a Baptist friend who chastised me for the luck thing, because there is no such thing as luck.  Jesus is behind everything, so if you find the sweater on sale you wanted, no it wasn't luck, it was Jesus.  

• Love 4
22 hours ago, Lady Edith said:

I had 24/7 morning sickness with my oldest that began two weeks after conception and did not abate for two weeks after birth.  It was horrible.  I had smell aversions so badly that I couldn't stand to be in the kitchen.  So what did I do?  I pulled my shirt up over my nose and mouth and went to work.  I did a LOT of cooking with a bar of Mountain Spring Dial soap tied to a string around my neck (the smell helped calm my stomach).  There were no "helpers" for me.  And you know what?  It made me a stronger person.  I learned to deal with it and move on and still put dinner on the table and everything else.  I do know women who were hospitalized for their "morning" sickness and were utterly incapacitated.  Had to be put on anti-nausea meds and had to lie nearly absolutely still otherwise run the risk of becoming sick.  If this is Jill, I feel badly for her.  

I'm curious to see if this is truly true or not.

That was me I had 24/7 morning sickness all 9 months I lost 40 lbs and he still came out 8 1 1/2 and I had a 2 year old to take care of. It was hell but I  did it. Also with this pregnancy I had double penoumiona. 

• Love 4
42 minutes ago, riverblue22 said:

I've been corrected more than once by a Baptist friend who chastised me for the luck thing, because there is no such thing as luck.  Jesus is behind everything, so if you find the sweater on sale you wanted, no it wasn't luck, it was Jesus.  

Or it was "Your Fault For Letting the Devil Build a Fortress In Your Heart", if it's something bad.  Which just sounds like such a stinking heap of BS.  Isn't it enough to just chalk it up to an article of faith?  It happened because sh*t happens but I'm going to offer up my suffering to God/I'm going to thank God for this goodness?  The whole "It happened because JESUS!" and "The Devil made me do it" is like trying to rationalize things without using actual rational thought.  I dunno, it just comes off as faux intellectualism.  

• Love 6
1 hour ago, riverblue22 said:

. . . and if your child was sexually abused by his/her soccer coach, it was Jesus?? Or someone let the Devil Build a Fortress, as @Lemur notes:

46 minutes ago, Lemur said:

Or it was "Your Fault For Letting the Devil Build a Fortress In Your Heart", if it's something bad.  Which just sounds like such a stinking heap of BS.  Isn't it enough to just chalk it up to an article of faith?  It happened because sh*t happens but I'm going to offer up my suffering to God/I'm going to thank God for this goodness?  The whole "It happened because JESUS!" and "The Devil made me do it" is like trying to rationalize things without using actual rational thought.  I dunno, it just comes off as faux intellectualism.  

^^^This. It comes off to me as pernicious idiocy. Yep, they can't just say, we believe some stuff that's not susceptible of proof. Instead they claim to have the key to good and evil, but really don't have anything to say about so many tragic events that happen to innocent little kids, except stupid platitudes that make them sound like fuckwits. 

• Love 8
2 hours ago, riverblue22 said:

Pot PROVIDENCE, baby! 

• Love 2
1 hour ago, DangerousMinds said:

I also HATE hearing "things happen for a reason." No, they really don't.

My husband and I were just talking about this expression. It pisseth me blue. As I read somewhere and I can't remember where or I'd give the writer credit, "People who say this have never had anything truly shitty happen to them."

Amen.

Back to topic...so is that sheet bunting across the stairs supposed to keep guests from going upstairs and doing the devil's work by, dunno, reading (because that's exactly how I'd deal with it) or is it to keep guests from seeing that no one bothers to clean upstairs?

• Love 5
8 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Back to topic...so is that sheet bunting across the stairs supposed to keep guests from going upstairs and doing the devil's work by, dunno, reading (because that's exactly how I'd deal with it) or is it to keep guests from seeing that no one bothers to clean upstairs?

Both, I'm sure, since they don't clean and no one trusts no one in that house. Particularly if Smuggley Do Wrong was there...

• Love 3

Back on topic as well ... remember the pictures of their bedroom?  With the piles of random crap just everywhere on the floor and bed?  Also, it may be to keep from people using the upstairs bathrooms.

tumor.jpg

• Love 19
On 1/1/2017 at 1:19 AM, Gemma Violet said:

I see Jill is as clingy as ever in that photo.

Shoot, I'm late to this party, but looking at that photo was like looking at a page from "Where's Waldo."  I spotted Heavy D on the couch right away, but it took my eyes a few seconds to figure out that the mustard-colored splotch grafted to his side was Jill.  That was fun, I want to play again!

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 4
4 hours ago, DangerousMinds said:

I also HATE hearing "things happen for a reason." No, they really don't.

When you trip with untied shoes I can agree with that statement.  But cancer, mental illness, infertility, drug/alcohol addiction, other diseases ...

I hate that statement too.

• Love 15