Forums forums
PRIMETIMER
Chris Knight

Jill & Derick Dullard: Counting On (Donations)

On 5/19/2019 at 11:04 AM, Lunera said:

Anna's birthday message for Jill. She is so delusional. 

Screenshot_20190519-110138_Instagram.thumb.jpg.08bf293f5f4f83bed4fc7429fcbed649.jpg

You know, there seriously needs to be a Mad Libs Duggar version.  That is how all their bday/whathaveyou wishes sound like to me.

• Like 4
  • Laugh 20

On 5/19/2019 at 7:04 PM, Lunera said:

Anna's birthday message for Jill. She is so delusional. 

Screenshot_20190519-110138_Instagram.thumb.jpg.08bf293f5f4f83bed4fc7429fcbed649.jpg

God forbid they call a woman Jack of all trades, the devil might appear right in front of them and smite them. Idiots. 

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

10 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

She took a class !

She watched a video of Chip & Joanna landscaping one of their Fixer Uppers and now she's an expert!

• Like 2
  • Laugh 13

Maybe I should hook up with Jana because I became a home repair expert by watching the guys who did the weatherization work on my house for six days. Anyone need some insulation work done please let me know.

• Laugh 17

1 minute ago, bigskygirl said:

Maybe I should hook up with Jana because I became a home repair expert by watching the guys who did the weatherization work on my house for six days. Anyone need some insulation work done please let me know.

Raising my hand lol

• Like 2
  • Laugh 7

On 5/20/2019 at 12:47 PM, Ohiopirate02 said:

To me, it looks like Jill and Derick opted to save money on the landscaping and fencing.  They are probably thinking that they don't need to pay for the fence to get treated or for someone else to plant shrubs or flowers because they can do it themselves.  Fast forward a few years, and that wood will be warped and there yard will be just as barren as it was on the day they moved in.  

If there’s any landscaping done, it’ll be because Jana did it.

• Like 5
  • Laugh 1

4 hours ago, bigskygirl said:

Jana's gonna lose business if everyone watches her work, since they'll instantly become experts too and then not need her.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 7

17 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jana's gonna lose business if everyone watches her work, since they'll instantly become experts too and then not need her.

Meh...they are still lazy enough that merely keeping it in the family will suffice.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

If I’m going to give them a break on anything, it’s going to be not instantly putting up a fence and doing landscaping right after moving into a new house with a useless husband and two little kids. That stuff takes time. Most people settle in first.

• Like 13

11 hours ago, Natalie68 said:

You know, there seriously needs to be a Mad Libs Duggar version.  That is how all their bday/whathaveyou wishes sound like to me.

This needs to happen!!  Imagine the hilarity!  You can copyright it and make millions!  

• Like 2
  • Laugh 1

10 hours ago, Nysha said:

She watched a video of Chip & Joanna landscaping one of their Fixer Uppers and now she's an expert!

Now Jill can use her landscaping thingys.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 10

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I understand why the picture is stamped, but it’s creepy just the same.

CBAF27FC-8220-44BE-B860-D317064788E2.jpeg

That balloon creeps me out. It gives me Pennywise vibes.

• Like 6
  • Laugh 12

5 hours ago, ginger90 said:

I understand why the picture is stamped, but it’s creepy just the same.

CBAF27FC-8220-44BE-B860-D317064788E2.jpeg

What, no five hundred gushing words?

In Duggarspeak, this is practically a snarl.

• Like 2
  • Laugh 6

2 hours ago, Oldernowiser said:

What, no five hundred gushing words?

In Duggarspeak, this is practically a snarl.

No link to the Dillard blog either!

• Laugh 4

On 5/21/2019 at 11:43 AM, Puffin said:

God forbid they call a woman Jack of all trades, the devil might appear right in front of them and smite them. Idiots. 

Her name is literally Jill though. It’s a play on “Jack and Jill.” I happen to know a bit about people thinking it’s hilaaaaaaaaarious to ask girls named Jill where Jack is and other such stupid references. 

• Like 9
  • Useful 1

13 minutes ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

Her name is literally Jill though. It’s a play on “Jack and Jill.” I happen to know a bit about people thinking it’s hilaaaaaaaaarious to ask girls named Jill where Jack is and other such stupid references. 

Those were my thoughts exactly - and I'm not even named Jill, nor do I know any Jills well enough to have heard this lament.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Probably too busy servicing the big D.

Actually, that's probably true. The recipes must have been something she did to keep herself entertained during the day while Derick was in class. Now he's out for the summer and if he has some kind of summer job or clerkship, we'd have heard about it by now. She's busy following him around the house and trying to climb on his lap every time he sits down. 

• Like 4
  • Laugh 11

14 hours ago, JocelynCavanaugh said:

I’ve actually never heard anyone called Jill of all trades before, Interesting. I wonder why they call Jana, Jana of all trades then? I really believe they think something bad will happen if they give a woman a mans nickname.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Puffin said:

I’ve actually never heard anyone called Jill of all trades before, Interesting. I wonder why they call Jana, Jana of all trades then? I really believe they think something bad will happen if they give a woman a mans nickname.

I’ve heard Jill of All Trades many times. Jill is considered a female equivalent of Jack (colloquially, not etymologically), and sometimes a generic female name, like an “average Joe.” “Jana of All Trades” would be kind of cute, but it doesn’t scan the same or have the same connotation as Jack/Jill.

(ETA: found an interesting link)

I don’t see any evidence that they have some bizarre fear of the devil smiting them for using a masculine term about a woman. Honestly that is just silly. The hype around the Duggars’ beliefs frequently seems to go far beyond the silliness they actually come up with. I’m not a fundamentalist, but I prefer not to have masculine titles ascribed to me. It’s not because I’m afraid of Satan, it’s just weird. I don’t like being called “bro” or “dude” either. I’m not a man. And the Duggars probably don’t care about this part, but I don’t appreciate men being the “default” human all the time. 

This seemed to me like a a cutesy play on Jill’s actual given name, which worked because of the aforementioned Jack/Jill association, and nothing more. We’ve almost certainly given it more thought than Anna ever did. 

Edited by JocelynCavanaugh
  • Like 8

11 hours ago, MsJamieDornan said:

Any recipe sightings lately ?

She is probably too busy spit-shining all of her medical thingies. She's thinking she will have a busy June and November!

• Like 6
  • Laugh 2

12 minutes ago, galaxychaser said:

New post on instagram promoting Amy. Jill is wearing a hideous blue thing and hair is a mess. Oy 

OMG. That blue thing is horrible!

• Like 1
  • Laugh 4

Her pictures still suck. Disregard the arrow, it’s a screenshot. Looks more like a picture of the store and Jill got in the way.

Someone asked if her hair is naturally wavy. The reply: (by the way, it’s date night)

jillmdillard Naturally frizzy and matted...lol...have to do something with it...scrunching with mousse and hairspray and a blowdryer/diffuser gives it this look.

B980C23E-3C56-45F2-92B5-4EA2348E9C41.jpeg

36FA1505-363F-4D6F-9968-83FB9667C2C8.jpeg

• Laugh 3

Well Jilly Muffin whatever you are doing to your hair to give it "that look" stop. Your hair is matted because its dirty and way to long. Cut it, it probably won't get matted. And wth is that blue monstrosity she's wearing? One more thing...how does she have the money to shop and go on "date nights" with hubby of the year when hubby doesn't work?

• Like 8
  • Laugh 1

22 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

OMG. That blue thing is horrible!

I was wondering if it was maternity wear but Jill’s not pregnant so, I guess not. It’s actually not that bad if it wasn’t so long.

Edited by Puffin
  • Like 1
  • Laugh 1

4 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I was wondering if it was maternity wear but Jill’s not pregnant so. It’s actually not that bad if it wasn’t so long.

I see an advertisement for a Memorial Day Tent Sale on the same page the awful Jill pictures. I find it funny and ironic the ad is being shown because of the terrible outfit Jill has on.

Edited by bigskygirl
  • Laugh 7

2 minutes ago, Puffin said:

I was wondering if it was maternity wear but Jill’s not pregnant so, I guess not. It’s actually not that bad if it wasn’t so long.

It looks comfortable.  Like something one could put on after a long days work.  Or a nightgown.  But its shapeless and will make anyone wearing it look heavier than they are.  I don't care if the wearer doesn't care.  Her hip length hair, well I can't add anything that hasn't already been said.

• Like 5

I might buy that maxi dress to keep in my closet when I have moved into my Auntie Mame phase.  I will rock it with a turban and my wrists covered in bracelets and may be a broach at the base of the V.  I am a few decades out though.

• Like 1
  • Laugh 5

I actually like the picture of Jill in the blue dress. The dress is a horror, but it's a good color on her, IMO. Her hair is crazy, but at least it has body. She seems to have a light in her eyes that we don't normally see anymore. Maybe she genuinely had a good time with Amy, and is happy. She looks happy for the first time in a while, and physically, we've seen her look worse. 

But I'm suspicious about something. Amy doesn't look pregnant! I know she's not eight months or anything, but her midsection actually seems smaller than normal. I wonder if Jill really took these photos today! Hmmmm...

• Like 2

Well if Jill and her matted hair of doom wear dresses like that very often I guess we can stop speculating about what they use for birth control. 

• Laugh 8

This may be a winner - the ugliest thing Jill has worn yet! It's either this or the nightmare jumpsuit.  Add the rat's nest hair and it is quite a look.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Oldernowiser said:

Jill? How many flies are in your kitchen????

That is what I am wondering.  Are flies a big issue in Arkansas?  I am happy to admit I never have lived anywhere I considered feeding a flying insect so it leaves my food alone.  

2 hours ago, Puffin said:

We don't know if  Jill is pregnant.  I actually think the blue dress is kind of nice.  It's similar to the dress Amy's wearing in black. Amy's dress does a nice job of mimizing her bump.