Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

3 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Yes, in a 2014 video, this was stated. It’s easy to find, but I’m giving a warning, FF is front and center. 

Thank you for telling me about the video.  I forgot about that.  At least I know that I am not that I wasn't crazy. 

• Love 3

Who is the person in the picture with Anna? And Anna is sure smiling big for that selfie. She either doesn't miss Josh or she was gabbing with him.

Edited by beckie
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, beckie said:

Who is the person in the picture with Anna? And Anna is sure smiling big for that selfie. She either doesn't miss Josh or she was gabbing with him.

That's her son Michael. She was taking a picture of him after he won a prize (sorry, didn't pay attention to the categories).

• Useful 2

Wow, just wow. Anna can't get there. What bullshit is Josh giving her to grab onto? Maybe she needs more time to face the fact she loves, married and had kids with scum.

Anna's post:

image.png.5425b94308d73fb0e0d70b565fe86e94.png

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 2

Her denial goes deep. She just doesn't get it. Even if he had never gone down for this, how much more would it take for her to see his true colors? I don't think she ever would, because she doesn't WANT to.

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Wow, just wow. Anna can't get there. What bullshit is Josh giving her to grab onto? Maybe she needs more time to face the fact she loves, married and had kids with scum.

Anna's post:

I don't think any bullshit is required. Once you believe the whacked out nonsense their  religion requires, you'll happily believe (or publicly pretend to believe) anything that reinforces your worldview. Josh could confess all to her and she'd still proclaim his innocence. 

• Love 12
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Anna's post:

Honestly, I feel like it’s either this or self-harm. 

• Love 1
32 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Knowing Anna didn’t post this without permission, I want to know who told her she should/could, and why they did.

Couldn't post it because of patriarchal bullshittery or because of legal concerns?

• Useful 1
  • Love 1
10 hours ago, quickjessie said:

Anna is going to leave the Christmas doodads up until Joshie comes back to her loving arms.  (Ewww)

Sounds familiar to me because I have a cat who is so obsessed and in love with the Christmas tree that I keep it up all year round for her.

• LOL 8
  • Love 7

In 13 hours Anna received almost 2000 likes on her post. 2000 other folks think the Felon is innocent. I totally get why Anna is stuck with that thought, but I fail to understand why others are. And having 2000 folks indirectly supporting her thought of innocence, is not going to help Anna reach reality anytime soon.

• Love 14
10 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Knowing Anna didn’t post this without permission, I want to know who told her she should/could, and why they did.

10 hours ago, jcbrown said:

Couldn't post it because of patriarchal bullshittery or because of legal concerns?

She posted a link to a motion that FF's lawyers filed in court. It's a matter of public record. In terms of what's legal, she doesn't need anyone's "permission" to post it. 

• Useful 3
  • Love 3
11 hours ago, ginger90 said:

Anna has never been shy with her opinions. On the contrary, she always been loud and obnoxious in her wrongness. I don't doubt that post is all her.

• Useful 2
  • Love 20
7 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

To give up her belief that Josh is her reward direct from God wouldn't be just to see truths about Josh but to have her faith in everything, including God, to be shaken to its foundations. And these people, by design, have nothing but the God they've invented. That would be a core-threatening psychic event that I'm sure she couldn't bear to entertain even in the tiniest corner of her mind. Horrifying. And she'll either keep this delusion going in whatever mad ways she can until death or she'll just psychologically disintegrate, would be my bet. .... I think she'll keep it going. Ever more intensely, I expect. 

Those poor children

To be honest, it's probably best that she continues with her delusion - for her own mental health, and for her children's. Wouldn't it be easier on the children to be told that their father was wrongfully imprisoned than to be told what he ACTUALLY DID???

• Love 6
3 minutes ago, skatelady said:

To be honest, it's probably best that she continues with her delusion - for her own mental health, and for her children's. Wouldn't it be easier on the children to be told that their father was wrongfully imprisoned than to be told what he ACTUALLY DID???

Well, I do see your point. But in the long run, I don't know that basing your life on a very big lie that your parents told you makes for a healthy adulthood.

One way or another, these kids will have a rough time, certainly.  

• Love 24

I've read and heard that even Boob and Michelle - privately - believe that Josh is guilty. It is only Anna who firmly believes he is innocent. And I believe that the Austin/Anna feud is real, and that Austin and Joy didn't attend the Xmas party because of Anna, and maybe Boob (I don't think there are any issues with Michelle and believe Austin and Joy are on good terms with her).

• Useful 6
  • Love 6

Anna is setting herself up for a lot of discord with the members of the family that is literally the hand that feeds her and her seven children. J&A, J&D, and J&J posted their agreement of the FF’s just conviction. That is going to cause tension. J&D do not partake in events at the TTH. J&J live in CA, and that distance is a blessing to them. Joy and Austin are going to be in a difficult position at any family gatherings. I wonder how JB and Michelle are going to navigate this minefield.

• Love 10
5 hours ago, Trillium said:

These poor kids. They are going to grow up with a POS dad who’s in prison and mother who’s primary focus is on vindication for said POS. 

And when they find out the details of what Josh downloaded (and they will, even if years from now), they will have to come to terms with their mom not protecting them. That’s often the hardest thing to deal with .

4 hours ago, lascuba said:

Anna has never been shy with her opinions. On the contrary, she always been loud and obnoxious in her wrongness. I don't doubt that post is all her.

Loud, obnoxious, judgmental, and hateful. 

• Love 16
4 hours ago, skatelady said:

They’re going to find out one day (maybe many years from now) exactly what he did, and might resent Anna even more than Josh. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 10
4 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

To be the "role model" Christian cultist her co-religionists proclaim her, Anna had to convince herself from the time she was a teenager -- and keep believing -- that two sets of the "godliest parents" on Earth AND God Himself GAVE HER JOSH. Picked her out to be the wife of this holy leader. 

Who, exactly, was Josh supposed to become - the next Gothard?  I knew he was the Duggar Golden Boy and blah de blah blah, but I guess I didn't realize the height of the pedestal upon which he parked his ample keister all those years.  Who did Blob and Meech and Anna's parents tell her she was marrying?  Josh Duggar, the next Crown Prince of Fundyism?  Even if they told her she was marrying the next Top Fry Cook at the Tontitown Burger King, she got sold a huge bill of goods.

Dumb question probably, but do we think Anna's parents lose any sleep over the fact that they pushed her into marrying this piece of scum?  Or are they as blind as Anna?  I think it's one thing for Anna to be blinded by what she thought was love, but if her parents had Clue One about the real perv behind the smug face, and they didn't protect her, then I don't even know who I hate the most in this entire depraved saga.

Edited by laurakaye
  • Love 18

Both Anna and her sister Priscilla appear to be a tad… slow. I wonder if this is the case with their siblings? 
I hope her family regrets her marriage to Josh. Of course they also have a child married to a Rodrigues, so who knows?

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Both Anna and her sister Priscilla appear to be a tad… slow. I wonder if this is the case with their siblings? 
I hope her family regrets her marriage to Josh. Of course they also have a child married to a Rodrigues, so who knows?

Priscilla strikes me as being 100% Mike's daughter - right down to the voice. She bears no resemblance to Suzette (Nathan, on the other hand, is all Suzette).  I do think Priscilla may be a little slow based on the content of what she says, but I've never gotten that vibe with Anna. 

And, I bet the Keller parents do not regret all of the marriages - I'm sure Pecan Thief was a good investment in their world.

• Love 8
37 minutes ago, laurakaye said:

Who, exactly, was Josh supposed to become - the next Gothard?  I knew he was the Duggar Golden Boy and blah de blah blah, but I guess I didn't realize the height of the pedestal upon which he parked his ample keister all those years.  Who did Blob and Meech and Anna's parents tell her she was marrying?  Josh Duggar, the next Crown Prince of Fundyism?  Even if they told her she was marrying the next Top Fry Cook at the Tontitown Burger King, she got sold a huge bill of goods.

Dumb question probably, but do we think Anna's parents lose any sleep over the fact that they pushed her into marrying this piece of scum?  Or are they as blind as Anna?  I think it's one thing for Anna to be blinded by what she thought was love, but if her parents had Clue One about the real perv behind the smug face, and they didn't protect her, then I don't even know who I hate the most in this entire depraved saga.

Short answer: JB and Michelle did indeed tout Josh as being an exceptional leader who was going to do great things.  Multiple people who knew them from church or various Gothard activities have said that that was the narrative from the time Josh was small: that he was special and would end up at the top of the fundie pyramid.

• Love 19
19 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

Short answer: JB and Michelle did indeed tout Josh as being an exceptional leader who was going to do great things.  Multiple people who knew them from church or various Gothard activities have said that that was the narrative from the time Josh was small: that he was special and would end up at the top of the fundie pyramid.

Well, he sure is special, all right...

• LOL 14
  • Love 5
22 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

It could still happen.  He could rise to the top of the prison pyramid.  With those fabulous people skills of his he's got it made.

• LOL 19
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, Teriacky said:

Somewhere in the vast posting at FJ I remember something about Priscilla being a difficult birth. Maybe lack of oxygen. I think Anna is just fine and would have probably done well with better advantages. Priscilla, who knows...

Edited by Almost 3000
  • Useful 4
  • Love 4
23 minutes ago, Almost 3000 said:

Somewhere in the vast posting at FJ I remember something about Priscilla being a difficult birth. Maybe lack of oxygen. I think Anna is just fine and would have probably done well with better advantages. Priscilla, who knows...

I hope David is also involved in homeschooling their kids, because even he must see that Priscilla alone isn’t capable of much.

• Love 5
6 hours ago, skatelady said:

Not really.   Because the kids WILL find out the truth somehow.  Then they will resent their mother for lying to them.   Which will cause more issues.   Now should she tell them the whole truth and nothing but the truth right now?   Not sure they are all old enough to absorb it.   But you can start with little truths.   Daddy did something illegal (not bad or the kids will think if they make a mistake the same thing will happen to them) and has to go away for a while.   Then as they get older, you explain more.   I mean NORMAL people would consult a therapist for how to break it to their kids that daddy is going to jail.   But these people won't go to a therapist for help.   

• Useful 2
  • Love 10

There's no saying the Felon's kids will believe he is guilty of the crimes he was convicted of. They are going to want him to be innocent too, so even if they happen upon an article or two, I don't see any reason they'd change their minds.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9
14 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

There's no saying the Felon's kids will believe he is guilty of the crimes he was convicted of. They are going to want him to be innocent too, so even if they happen upon an article or two, I don't see any reason they'd change their minds.

I think they might be shocked (years down the line) when they become aware of the ages of the children in some of the videos. Probably all 7 won’t believe it, but one or 2 will.

• Love 4

I’m guessing the M kids are well on the way to full fledge Fundie. They are probably told that their dad is busy saving people and they most likely are taught to pray for him to save these poor souls. If there is any questions, they are not answered in a truthful way and whoever asked the question is given a Bible passage to memorize or write out.

• Love 6