Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

There is no training on how to look when your husband and father or your children has been found guilty of CSAM. Anyone knows that the judge expects you to keep any outward display to yourself.

To me, Josh Dugger being found guilty isn't anything to be happy about. I feel badly for their children, extended family members, victims, and anyone else impacted by this verdict. It is something that they will have to live with forever. I even feel bad for Anna. Her husband and father of her children has been found guilty of horrific acts. Her life and the life of her children will never be the same.

It is good to see justice but there is nothing to celebrate.

• Love 15
22 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

There's a video on reddit of Anna and the others leaving the courthouse. She is power walking fast

Oh yeah, she was stomping those feet pretty hard. I can't imagine what she is thinking. Or maybe I can, but don't want to throw up.

9 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I wouldn't be surprised if he's medicated. 

I hope so. Either that or he's happy to not deal with anymore kids. Either way, he's a sick bastard.

• Love 12

Ok, let's just save some time here:

Josh sucks & we hate him.  We pretty much hate Michelle and Jim Bob too.  Anna we don't like. 

We feel sorry for everybody ELSE, including all children and sympathize for the negative impact on their lives.

Does that cover it?  Anything more specific is just reaching.  

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, Showthyme said:

It is good to see justice but there is nothing to celebrate.

Fair point. Though Anna and the Duggars have not done anything to protect the younger ones in the family. His sisters were abused. Josh was already a proven risk. He was already a proven liar who brought much shame and honestly danger into the family. They didn't  take ownership of that risk. Anna continued to have baby after baby.  I for one will celebrate that the justice system made a move. Do I  feel sorry in some way for Duggars and the pain they've endured - (mostly due to Josh and the cult beliefs they find themselves trapped in) - yes. But as others have said, it's possible to feel both emotions.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Love 24
11 minutes ago, MargeGunderson said:

At the same time, I feel sorry for Josh’s victims, his children, even Anna and some of his family. It is possible to have both feelings at once.

I even feel sorry for Josh.  Or at least the Josh that might have been.  His parents  screwed him up so badly and never gave him the help he so desperately needed.  Not saying, at the end of the day, that Josh was redeemable, maybe he would have ended up exactly where he is right now no matter what his upbringing, but as things were he never had a chance.

• Love 22
2 hours ago, lafcolleen said:

will Anna say, "its all lies. your father is innocent - except for the bit about sexually abusing girls.  that bit is totally true" ?

but dont worry, it was Satan that made it happen? Satan in the form of your aunts 

your totally normal, god-fearing aunts with their cute infants and (outwardly) happy marriages are tools of Satan bringing down god-fearing, bibically approved lifestyle living men.

??

yesh. that is totally a mindf***. 

So true.  It's on record that he molested his sisters. Eventually his kids will find out, if they don't know about it already (the older ones).  If I found out that my father had molested his young sisters, that would  be it, he would be dead to me. And the fact that my grandparents had basically allowed it.  Wow. I would so disown the lot of them.

• Love 20
1 minute ago, Zella said:

I think he and the inner circle probably really did think he was being acquitted today.

Me to. He's used to getting by with anything & everything. 😝

• Love 13
1 minute ago, Churchhoney said:

Definitely.

I see the face who's in shock there, really. 

I hope the jailers keep an eye on him, as in suicide watch or something similar. His world has just been rocked. Severely.

• Useful 3
  • Love 14
1 hour ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I just want to say I've had an absolute blast being here with all of you, thank you all for the laughs that are needed so badly in todays society. 

Please stay with us!

We always have snacks and drinks in the Prayer Closet!

Edited by Westiepeach
Wanted to add the amenities we offer in the Prayer Closet!
  • Love 24
47 minutes ago, Lindsay Loo Hoo said:

I just want to say I've had an absolute blast being here with all of you, thank you all for the laughs that are needed so badly in todays society. 

We appreciate your updates throughout the trial. 💖

• Love 22
3 minutes ago, Jeeves said:

I hope the jailers keep an eye on him, as in suicide watch or something similar. His world has just been rocked. Severely.

I hope someone is keeping a similar eye on Anna. 

• Useful 6
  • Love 16
1 hour ago, Zella said:

Did you see the footage of Hilaria's husband letting the door nearly slam on her yesterday while he charges through ahead of her? The lack of basic courtesy with doors in this crowd astonishes me. I don't expect men to hold the door for me because they're men and I'm a woman, but I think it's good manners to hold the door for anyone behind you. 

Thank you! I'm short and hate walking into a room and the person I'm with stops and I'm stuck there.  Happens all the time. Man or woman, I'd like to think there's some sort of social grace to be a team when entering a room together.

• Love 15

My own guess is still that that feelings/beliefs are all over the place with the Duggarlings/Duggar adjacents - some thinking he is or would be found guilty, some thinking he would be found not guilty, some unsure. A few may be genuinely upset; a few might be freaking out for various reasons; a few might be relieved.

Josh, I suspect, is just in shock. Huge shock. He placed a major financial bet here, almost certainly against the advice of his attorneys, and it failed. Big time. Even if he wins an appeal or somehow convinces the current or upcoming president that he deserves a pardon, this stays on his record/bio forever, and he's in jail until then.

• Useful 8
  • Love 10

Ok. Who do we know who might be serving in that jail and needs a little coin? I’d love to know how Josh adjusts to his new life. Inside information. He is used to being the golden one and now he is going to be a guppy in a aquarium of piranhas. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 10

I know what kind of strategy that they are going to use for the appeal we tried this in the wrong court. We need to go to a fundie court so that we will get the conviction overturned because we didn't have the correct type of people in the 1st trial.

• Love 6
1 hour ago, SnapHappy said:

Comfort her?  The girl has got professional levels of eyeliner and mascara on.  She had ZERO plans to get emotional or shed a single tear, regardless.   She knew the "stoic" look was required and wouldn't need any comfort from anybody.  

Ice cold, man.  

But broken inside.

• Love 4
5 minutes ago, Mindthinkr said:

He is used to being the golden one and now he is going to be a guppy in a aquarium of piranhas. 

He's Crown Prince no longer. Good Time Dancing GIF Video Games Dancing GIF by Justin Gammon

Edited by SJC
  • LOL 8
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, mom2two said:

We can also likely assume that Josh is not vaccinated.   Wonder what the prison Covid protocals are .

Well he's currently in the jail that was giving Ivermectin to the inmates, to the horror of many advocacy groups, and they are on record as saying that all medical treatments including vaccines are voluntary.  So I suspect the rest of their covid protocols for inmates are pretty much in line with his own (lack of) thinking. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, CouchTater said:

You're right, I did see that.  It just doesn't sit right with me that she's all "praise God for justice" and "what's done in the dark shall come to light" or whatever, when she is one of the adults who knew what was happening and didn't do all she could to protect the world from a predator.  If I'm wrong, I'll admit it, but I don't believe the Holts (and probably dozens of others like them, if not more) did all that they could in the Josh situation.

No I totally agree, all of the adults should have done more to protect the kids in this family. The prosecutors who dropped the case, the officers involved, the Holts. Everyone. They are all guilty of endangering children. 

• Love 19
4 minutes ago, peppergal said:

Well he's currently in the jail that was giving Ivermectin to the inmates, to the horror of many advocacy groups, and they are on record as saying that all medical treatments including vaccines are voluntary.  So I suspect the rest of their covid protocols for inmates are pretty much in line with his own (lack of) thinking. 

Hold the phone . . .  a jail with legal custody of humans has been giving a medicine to inmates in contradiction with established medical recommendations?!?!    They may as well hand out cash to all of them because I would bet there will eventually be lawsuits coming down the line and some jobs will be lost.    

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 10
5 minutes ago, BetyBee said:

@Churchhoney, I'm with you on this. I have an incarcerated relative serving time for a serious crime. She isn't just passing time. She really has seen the error of her ways and tries to atone for her crime by leading a good life. There are opportunities for her to improve herself and she has taken advantage.

Josh is a pedophile and it's unlikely that those urges will disappear. However, I would be happy for him and for his family if he were to see his crimes as crimes and get counseling to try to get a handle on why he is the way he is. I would hope that he one day would see that he presents a danger to children and accept that he deserves punishment. I would also hope that he furthers his education. In short, it would be great if he made the most of his time in prison. It's up to him. No one can do it for him.

I hope too, that Anna makes use of her time without him. I hope she focuses on her children and thinks about providing for them herself. I really hope that she expands her point of view and branches out in the world. She could find that she is strong enough without her husband to lead a good life. Just as with Josh, only she can do these things for herself. It's up to her.

IMO Josh is highly likely to receive counseling for his crimes -- in order to look better on paper for any parole proceedings.  

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

I'm guessing life for Anna in the Duggar compound will be total hell.    I'm sure she'll be blamed for his crimes by his despicable parents.  I'm glad Josh was remanded until sentencing, and hope he gets the maximum sentence.   

I know his abuse of his sisters pre-dated Anna's time, but in their fundie mind, the wife is always to blame.   I'm sure she was supposed to fix him.     It's not rational, but no one in the family seems to be rational.    I hope Josh gets the maximum, and gets the most miserable prisone the feds can find.   I'm just sorry that they won't send him to Supermax in Colorado, being there is supposed to be worse than anywhere else on earth. 

Edited by CrazyInAlabama
  • Love 9
3 minutes ago, CrazyInAlabama said:

I'm guessing life for Anna in the Duggar compound will be total hell.    I'm sure she'll be blamed for his crimes by his despicable parents.  I'm glad Josh was remanded until sentencing, and hope he gets the maximum sentence.   

His sketchy behavior predated their marriage and took place in their own household. They can't put any greater blame on Anna than themselves.

• Love 20
42 minutes ago, hathorlive said:

This is going to sound horrible, I know the kids are innocent, but it's hard for me to extend empathy to the Duggars when they have no empathy for their daughters, the victims in the material Josh downloaded, or basically, anyone not a Duggar.  I think the kids are better off away from him.

Exactly. I feel for Josh's victims, but that sympathy stops right at the point where they think that he shouldn't have been convicted. That's a hard line for me. And I understand that their feelings are going to be complicated, but I'm not a good enough person to empathize with people who think they should be the exceptions to the rules.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 14
2 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

He should be nearly bald by the time he gets out of prison.

I just want to add that I hope this has completely obliterated Jim Boob and MEchelle’s reputation.  Only the fundiest of fundies could feel anything but disgust for them now.

Followers of apocalyptic cults tend to dig in their heels when the prophesied dates of the apocalypse comes and goes with nary a lightning strike. I think anyone who still thought well of the Duggars will continue to do to.

• Love 9
21 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

IMO Josh is highly likely to receive counseling for his crimes -- in order to look better on paper for any parole proceedings.  

There’s no parole in the federal system. 

20 minutes ago, Stacey1014 said:

Daily Blast Live just did a segment on the verdict. It was the first mainstream tv coverage of the trial and verdict that I’ve seen  other than online articles. Their hosts had some choice words about Josh and the family. 

Please share.

• Useful 4
  • Love 6