Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On 9/25/2020 at 2:56 PM, Girl in a Cardigan said:

It looks like mini cupcakes baked in ice cream cones.

Unfortunately the pandemic has brought out my inner germaphobe, so seeing him leaning across all those cupcakes to (presumably) blow out the candles in the middle gives me the heebie jeebies, but I'm sure the dessert was delicious anyway.

Why wouldn't she put the candles on the edge to make it easier for him to blow them out? Seems ridiculous to put them in the middle.

Edited by AussiesRule
  • Love 7
On 9/15/2020 at 3:03 PM, Ijustwantsomechips said:

One day, my sisters, cousins and I FaceTuned all our pictures into men. It was hilarious to see who looked like what male cousin or uncle. 

Since Jessa and Spurge are JB clones, they’d probably have the same outcome. I’m sure if you FaceTuned Josiah into a woman, he’d look just like Michelle too. 

ETA: I couldn’t resist. I had to Face App a few into different genders. 

CF699DFD-D831-4D54-B540-DF771F76A259.jpeg

21208B30-2257-40BC-B1EE-A9B4EAA962E8.jpeg

Bella looks like Siah, so this picture indicates she will grow up to be a pretty girl. It's interesting how many of the Duggar offspring seem to favor the opposite gender parent.

• Love 5
On 9/22/2020 at 4:03 AM, Albanyguy said:

The leghumpers on the Duggars’ Facebook page are in full-on defensive mode, insisting that Justin is certainly NOT too young to get married. Lots of personal anecdotes: “I was 16 and my husband was 17 when we got married thirty years ago and it’s been wonderful!”, “My grandmother was married at 14 and they had seventy eight happy years together!”. Then they advanced the theory that, while generally 17 is too young, in this case it’s okay because “The Duggar boys are wise and mature beyond their years because of the excellent way Jim Bob and Michelle have raised them” (!). The denial runs deep over there.

Yes exactly!!..The leg humpers drive me nuts, no matter what the situation they always have an extreme example to support whatever nutty thing the Duggar clan are up to.

The leg humpers start pulling examples out of their asses, stuff like....."my gramma married my grampa when she was 12 and grampa was 13 and they've had 90 years of wedded bliss together and wouldn't have it any other way!!" 

Ya sure... *EYEROLL* 🙄

Edited by Joan of Argh
Spelling
  • LOL 9
  • Love 5
38 minutes ago, ouinason said:

So, Josh got scammed by the guy who supposedly still owned the property, and then got sued for it.  

If I'm remembering correctly it was a family owned property, maybe two brothers? The one guy sold it without telling the other. Or something like that.

• Useful 1
  • Love 3

Well the seller might have had a Jesus bumper sticker so Josh was all in, I mean how could things go wrong when in business with a good Christian?

Also Josh is dumb as a post.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 7
  • Love 9

Echols initially filed the lawsuit against his own cousin, Edward L. Lewis, and Duggar's company in April. Echols claimed he purchased an Arkansas property from Lewis for $17,500 in the early 2000s. However, Echols argued that Duggar purchased the land years later for $1,000 without his knowledge.

Echols claimed in court documents that he's been paying taxes on the property in question for nearly a decade. He sued Duggar's company for quiet title. Echols accused Lewis of fraud and breach of contract.

Sources confirmed that Duggar did not attend Monday's court hearing but his attorney, Travis Story, was present. A judge then entered an order against his company for "contempt."

• Useful 8
  • Love 1

I know we've got lawyers in here--I saw that Josh has to pay a fine and the court/lawyer fees for the other party. Is that common? And why wouldn't whoever brokered the deal on behalf of Josh (because I feel strongly that he is way too stupid to do this on his own) do a quick title search? This all could have been easily avoided, I feel. 

• Love 9

So, Josh got scammed by the guy who supposedly still owned the property, and then got sued for it.  

Jim Bob got scammed. You think Josh has any control over ANYTHING?

(Also, this is what, month 10 of unemployment, 6 children, $25K bill, no property in his name. I hope Anna's LLCs are doing mad business!)

Edited by JoanArc
  • Love 16
11 minutes ago, JoanArc said:

Jim Bob got scammed. You think Josh has any control over ANYTHING?

(Also, this is what, month 10 of unemployment, 6 children, $25K bill, no property in his name. I hope Anna's LLCs are doing mad business!)

This is why they do LLCs. They report profits and losses - then they get tax breaks.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
6 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I just don't understand why Josh is liable.  The person who sold him the land is a freaking con artist.  This whole lawsuit seems fishy.

IANAL But I would argue he should have done his due diligence. A simple title search would have prevented this. 

• Love 13
5 minutes ago, ouinason said:

I just don't understand why Josh is liable.  The person who sold him the land is a freaking con artist.  This whole lawsuit seems fishy.

When I bought my condo, I had to pay for a title search to make sure the seller owned it.  Josh didn’t do that, thinking he’d save a few bucks, and just trusted that the seller owned it.  Nope.  Penny-wise, pound-foolish.  Probably because he never had to do that when buying land from family.

• Useful 1
  • Love 23
14 minutes ago, Fosca said:

When I bought my condo, I had to pay for a title search to make sure the seller owned it.  Josh didn’t do that, thinking he’d save a few bucks, and just trusted that the seller owned it.  Nope.  Penny-wise, pound-foolish.  Probably because he never had to do that when buying land from family.

I curious if you, or anyone else knows how the transaction can happen without it. Like did this dude write him a bill of sale on a napkin?

Edited by GeeGolly
  • LOL 4
  • Love 4
1 minute ago, Fosca said:

That is indeed true, but the ignorant hillbillies definitely stand out.  I lived for more than a decade in the panhandle of Florida; other than ours were rednecks, same difference.

That's fair enough. I just get tired of being stereotyped. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Fosca said:

When we sold my parent's home, we paid for the title search (our lawyer did it). 

• Love 3

When I refinanced my mortgage a few years ago I had to get a title search (well, I paid for it but the bank did the search) even though we had  one done when we originally bought the property 8 years earlier. Since it was sold for only $1000 there was no bank or probably lawyers involved. It’s pretty stupid to buy property without checking the title or for liens on it, which I bet he didn’t do either. Couldn’t have happened to a better idiot.

• LOL 4
  • Love 9

I've always found real estate law to be mind-numbing, IOW not my thing. I'm happy to know - and have worked with - some excellent RE lawyers but their expertise didn't rub off on me. I don't know if Josh's company which bought the land actually got title insurance, but it did use a title company to close the purchase. Here's what one story about the lawsuit says:

"The lawsuit was filed on April 3, 2019, by Carl Echols. He said he bought five acres of land for $17,500 cash from his cousin, Edward Lewis in 2006.

"In 2016, Josh Duggar bought the property for $1,000. City Title & Closing, LLC, issued a warranty deed which Duggar recorded. However, had the title company done a full title search it would have shown the power of attorney/bill of sale to Echols."

I believe that Josh was in the deal as agent of his company ALB Investments, which is a party to the lawsuit. The company was held in contempt of court last December for egregious failures to comply with court orders in the case. That Josh, he's just so sly, as his loving sister Jessa would say. (Barf.)

• Useful 5
  • LOL 1
  • Love 1

Seriously, can this family ever not do things the Duggar way? And how did Josh manage to find the most incompetent or criminally negligent title company in Arkansas? I bet that the company owner is friends with the Duggars.

Edited by Chicklet
  • LOL 2
  • Love 7