Type keyword(s) to search

Josh & Anna Smuggar: A Series of Unfortunate Events

• Start Topic

On ‎9‎/‎7‎/‎2017 at 1:55 PM, galaxychaser said:

I wonder if they will name the baby Moses. 

No, no and did I say no!!! Moses is the name of my great great grandfather and great grandfather on my dad's side of the family (his mom's side.) The thought of these two amazing men sharing the same name of a Duggar makes me want to reach for the brain bleach and barf bag.

That announcement reminds me of everything I've heard negative about Pinterest.

"Too much Pinterest"

"I like Pinterest but not all of it at once."

"That's a lot of Pinterest"

"We're gonna need a bigger board."

"Everything is Pinterest today with you kids."

I will say the execution is good and it looks good. Just too much!

• Love 1

Oh no! My five year old is a Mason! 

We named him after our beloved dog Macy who was tragically struck by a car the day we found it we were having a boy. Later I found    Out it was one of the most popular names that year! 

Any how, best of luck to little baby Mason. He's got one hell of a shit show to deal with!

• Love 10

Mason Garrett is a sweet name, and the baby looks cute. (I knew a Mason in high school. His family owned a Tim Hortons. It was ridiculous.)  According to a quick google, Mason is #4!! for baby boy names this year so far. Garrett apparently peaked in the 1990s, and doesn't seem to be on this years list, at least not in the top 100. I like the name, and I hope that mom and baby are recovering. 

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Marigold said:

I read today, 9/13 is Michelle's birthday.  Mason arrived on 9/12.  

Sooo close Anna...you almost those bonus points for giving birth on Michelle's birthday. 

I think Michelle would pretend to be thrilled that a grandbaby had the same birthday, but would be seething on the inside about having to share her special day with someone. Grandbaby would take the focus off her and she must be the center of attention on her birthday. Thus another strike against Anna had Mason been born on the 13th.

• Love 21
16 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

Mason is very trendy right now. My 4 year old great nephew is a Mason. 

eta: I wonder if she was overdue? All of her previous babies were around the 8# range. Mason was 9lb. 1oz./22". 

81D2E483D66947433E9553A02A32914A.mason-garrett-duggar (1).jpg

Congrats I guess.  Babies aren't supposed to have a job and fix anything but here he is.  I DO want that blanket and hat.  For myself in my size.  That's all I got.

• Love 18

So, Mason has had more exposure in the first day of his life (based on his 1:20 birth time, even am works, since those Keller girls seem to be able to get right back up and out pick cotton, so to speak; Prissy and Esther are also broodmares) than Mere had in her first year. 

Methinks Smuggar is using this band aid baby to get back into the public's good graces and back onto TV.

I am sick thinking about it.

• Love 17
29 minutes ago, Sew Sumi said:

Methinks Smuggar is using this band aid baby to get back into the public's good graces and back onto TV.

Hey looks so happy in the pictures. That's exactly what he's doing. We can never stop reminding the world of what he did/is. Never.

• Love 10
33 minutes ago, Fuzzysox said:

I'm calling Mason Anna's security blanket baby. She thinks she can keep Josh in line and at home if she keeps popping them out.

Well it does raise her child support amount should the divorce happen.  

• Love 8
19 hours ago, galaxychaser said:

Mason is a nice name.  Thankfully it isn't spelled Mayson Or Masen

Eh, it was until one of the Kartrashians used it for one of their kids years ago.  He is very lucky the name was spelled normally though.

Edited by DangerousMinds
  • Love 1
7 hours ago, allonsyalice said:

Mason Garrett is a sweet name, and the baby looks cute. (I knew a Mason in high school. His family owned a Tim Hortons. It was ridiculous.)  According to a quick google, Mason is #4!! for baby boy names this year so far. Garrett apparently peaked in the 1990s, and doesn't seem to be on this years list, at least not in the top 100. I like the name, and I hope that mom and baby are recovering. 

Garrett was Michelle's dad's name. 

• Love 2
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

The poor little peanut just realized who his father is. ?

FB_IMG_1505327383573.jpg

Family portrait. Mere in leggings with no skirt in sight!

FB_IMG_1505327847042.jpg

He is a tasty-looking little peanut.  Question, though:  why do clothing manufacturers put non-skid paint/rubberized stuff on the feeties of newborn onesies, a la the blue one above?  Are they thinking the newborns are going to slip and fall trying out their new legs?

• Love 8
3 minutes ago, queenanne said:

He is a tasty-looking little peanut.  Question, though:  why do clothing manufacturers put non-skid paint/rubberized stuff on the feeties of newborn onesies, a la the blue one above?  Are they thinking the newborns are going to slip and fall trying out their new legs?

For when their parents stand them up to "practice walking"? 

He's a big kid. That might not be a newborn size, not that he'd be walking at three months, either. 

• Love 3
10 minutes ago, Booey said:

In the kissing picture above, Anna looks like you could mistake her for Jill. Or maybe Jessa. Either way- creepy.

The kissing picture looks like professional hair and makeup to me. Also, Smuggar has grown an Art Garfunkel forehead. He's almost to the "looks better shaved" stage of baldness. 

• Love 6
6 hours ago, Heathen said:

The kissing picture looks like professional hair and makeup to me. Also, Smuggar has grown an Art Garfunkel forehead. He's almost to the "looks better shaved" stage of baldness. 

I think it's funny how some men grow a beard when they are balding. That makes them feel like they still have a full head of hair, maybe?

Edited by ChiCricket
  • Love 3
2 minutes ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The M&M's actually all look really happy. Whatever is going on in the family dynamic doesn't seem to be affecting them. I'm not seeing those glazed-over forced smiles we see in a lot of the J's.

Anna has always seemed like a good mom to me, very hands-on, loving and actually trying to pay attention to all her kids. And Josh, while being a general shitheel and horrible husband comes across as a fairly decent, if not overly enthusiastic dad. Like, I don't think he ever wanted this many kids, but it doesn't seem like he's been taking out his frustrations on them; he just cheats on his poor wife instead.

• Love 22
4 hours ago, Sew Sumi said:

So, Mason has had more exposure in the first day of his life (based on his 1:20 birth time, even am works, since those Keller girls seem to be able to get right back up and out pick cotton, so to speak; Prissy and Esther are also broodmares) than Mere had in her first year. 

I am sick thinking about it.

Well it looks like Anna and Josh were in the wedding party(based on their outfits) so yes they seem to be working their way back to redemption. 

• Love 1

Well, it looks like Josh got a free card to pass go & collect $$$$.  You have a cute new baby.  Who cares what you did to your sisters.

You just sired a cute little baby.  All is forgotten.

Edited by ariel
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

The M&M's actually all look really happy. Whatever is going on in the family dynamic doesn't seem to be affecting them. I'm not seeing those glazed-over forced smiles we see in a lot of the J's.

Who'd have bought not being forced to perform on a reality TV show would be good for someone's mental health? 

• Love 10
On 7/24/2017 at 6:22 PM, GeeGolly said:

Sorry, didn't mean to quote.

I don't know if I'm late to the party but the one Us article said Mason was born at home with a midwife.

I can't link it  on my tablet but it's one of the articles at the bottom of the main birth announcement article.

• Love 1
1 hour ago, ariel said:

Well, it looks like Josh got a free card to pass go & collect $$$$.  You have a cute new baby.  Who cares what you did to your sisters.

You just sired a cute little baby.  All is forgotten.

Hellz no. Josh should keep his slimy face off of social media. Just no. The M kids are not at fault, and they are sweet innocent children. But the first 4 kids didn't stop Josh from being an asshole and those one won't either. I don't know how she stands to look at him knowing what he did to his sisters. 

• Love 8
1 hour ago, Barb23 said:

Sorry, didn't mean to quote.

I don't know if I'm late to the party but the one Us article said Mason was born at home with a midwife.

I can't link it  on my tablet but it's one of the articles at the bottom of the main birth announcement article.

Upon hearing this Jill stomped her filthy feet, collapsed in tears onto the ground suffering another mental breakdown. She could be heard muttering "I hear gunshots".

• Love 16

Anna has always seemed like a good mom to me, very hands-on, loving and actually trying to pay attention to all her kids. And Josh, while being a general shitheel and horrible husband comes across as a fairly decent, if not overly enthusiastic dad. Like, I don't think he ever wanted this many kids, but it doesn't seem like he's been taking out his frustrations on them; he just cheats on his poor wife instead.

@Vaysh  I don't think a good mom would stay with Josh.  I understand her beliefs dictates staying but I think a good mom looks out for her children above all and being with Josh, even with Anna's delusions about his repentance loses the good mom status for me.  YMMV

• Love 24