Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, Chicklet said:

Jessa looks like she's wearing some old gym uniform from when I was in high school on the beach. Or maybe a "swim costume" from the turn of the century. 

Looks like a regular dress from what we can see. But not a good fit for the beach. 

• Love 9

It's our second day of being snowed it so I watched Jessa's youtube video of their beach day.  She could have stopped in to the dollar store to buy some pals and shovels.  Poor Henry had to keep sharing his new birthday shovel with Ivy; it's still so new to him that he shouldn't have to have Ivy keep yanking it from him.  And Jessa insisting on him sharing.  I felt so sorry for Ben dressed like the kids. I wish Jessa could just film her family without the constant, non-stop stupid questions.  Jill does this too.

• Useful 1
  • Love 8

I just watched the beach video and wow Spurgeon is barely able to control his boredom

He asks if they can watch the TV and of course Jessa hid the remote control the night before then Ben starts preaching from the Bible instead...Spurgeon yawned over and over again and Henry sat there trying to figure out what Ben was talking about.

Jessa tells Spurgeon that it's better to watch the TV when it's dark and Spurgeon calls her out and says "we'll have to go to sleep when it's dark"...he's on to her slight of hand and isn't having it

What the hell couldn't they stop at a dollar store and grab 3 pails and 2 more shovels???

I kept waiting for someone to get sand in their eyes the way Henry was throwing it around with his shovel and I don't care what Jessa says about Henry's talking..I couldn't understand anything he said in fact Ivy talks better than Henry.

And what's up with Ben in matching outfits with the boys, I've seen fundie women dress like their daughters but do the husbands do it too?

• Useful 2
  • Love 8
14 hours ago, QuinnInND said:

Looks like a regular dress from what we can see. But not a good fit for the beach. 

Yeah, that's is one of Jessa's swing dresses that she loves to wear.  I get a chuckle about her wearing these loose fitting dresses and always positioning one of her kids or her hair over her stomach.  I don't think she's pregnant, but she loves to play coy to drive speculation.

• Love 7

The thing that bothered me most about that video was when Jessa brought the bird to Ivy's attention and encouraged her to chase it. There were other people at that beach. A good number. It looked like Ivy chased the bird for a good while. All I could think is one of the people could have snatched Ivy and be gone before Jessa could even drop her video camera. 

I don't know.  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it bugged me.

• Love 6

Did anyone get a good look at their vehicle? Did they drive to Florida?

Initially I thought the boys were wearing T shirts and boxers. Not until they arrived at the beach did I realize the three “boys” were wearing rash guards and swim shorts. I hope Ivy’s onesie was a swimsuit. It did look thin.

They  had enough money for transportation, a hotel, fast food, but couldn’t bother to buy three plastic pails and shovels? Henry’s garden shovel is not appropriate for the beach.

When we traveled to Puerto Rico and Maui we would go to Costco or Sam’s and buy the huge set of sand toys. Never paid more than $20 and it had a lot of fun things. Then had the grandparents donate or pass them on to local kids upon our departure. 

Why get white rash guards? We have lived in hot climates since SGirl came home. It’s ridiculous the amount of rash guards she has owned in her short life. And not just one until she outgrows it. She has never worn a white one, that’s just asking for trouble. 

The kids should have worn sandals until they reached the sand. A splinter or other mishap would have ruined their outing.

Jessa has worn knee length board shorts before. That dress was all about virtue signaling. Jill would have had several cute swimsuits to wear.

Ben, I know you fancy yourself a preacher but you must learn to read the room. I understand not wanting the kids glued to the TV. Instead of boring them to death with Bible babble you could have engaged the boys by talking about their upcoming adventure. Talk about what they expected to see, what they wanted to do, hey let’s collect a few special sea shells. UGH

Ivy needs to hear the word no, I understand she is young and the baby. But if Jessa keeps indulging her Ivy will end up terrorizing her brothers until they cede their possessions at her whim. Just like Jana had to give up her prized jewelry box when Jessa bullied her. Oh wait...

• Love 24

IMO Spurgeon's request to turn on the TV was based in an expectation of some past experience where that happens on vacation -- when mommy isn't capturing it for posterity of course.  His good memory is probably going to prove quite the challenge for his parents as the years go on.

I think the Bible lesson was Ben's insistence to cooperate and participate with Jessa's video.  He even appeared to make the effort to be seen in a Reverend Spurgeon t-shirt, or one of a similar towering figure of preaching.   Very disturbing that someone who's spent a lot of time as educator of a variety of ages at the TTH and  years parenting these very same kids he's trying to share this lesson with he is either completely out of touch with how to impart the story in appropriate chunks for the kids to relate to, or it was his turn using the children as his circus bears to show himself in the light he wanted to present to an audience.   If it was truly about imparting anything to the kids or sharing this lesson with them the ideal time and method would have been in the car on the way to or from the beach.   The kids' level of understanding would have been easily met by simple talking points Ben could have covered with them even while driving.   The kids would have been a captive audience, but they also would have had an easier time focusing on what daddy was saying and probably would have had fun answering questions daddy could have thrown out.     

• Love 17
34 minutes ago, SMama said:

The kids should have worn sandals until they reached the sand. A splinter or other mishap would have ruined their outing.

This from a woman who grew up in a family so dedicated to the flip flop game that she could be literally certified in a court of law as an expert in the area of flip flops, yet they all got out of their car barefoot to walk to and from the beach.   Unbelievable.   

• LOL 10
  • Love 8

It looks like a rental car. The interior is much nicer (and cleaner) than the one in their white van. 

I understand the need for rash guards, but I had so much second-hand embarrassment for Bin. The matching outfits made him look like Jessa's fourth kid. 

It seems like fighting over toys is a regular occurrence in that household. Either Henry or Ivy is always melting down over something being snatched away from them. Both of them are kind of bratty, although Jessa's parenting style doesn't help matters.

• Love 22
9 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Jessa, cut the boy's hair already. Properly

That would be nice, wouldn't it? Sadly, Jessa can't even give herself a decent cut and style, so there is no hope for her kids. Her hair in these pictures might be the worst yet. I think she would benefit with some bangs, and not her cutting them herself like Joy.

6 hours ago, Joan of Argh said:

I just watched the beach video and wow Spurgeon is barely able to control his boredom

He asks if they can watch the TV and of course Jessa hid the remote control the night before then Ben starts preaching from the Bible instead...Spurgeon yawned over and over again and Henry sat there trying to figure out what Ben was talking about.

Jessa tells Spurgeon that it's better to watch the TV when it's dark and Spurgeon calls her out and says "we'll have to go to sleep when it's dark"...he's on to her slight of hand and isn't having it.

I hope Spurgeon calls Jessa out on her shit every.single.day. Though I don' t know, Ben's Bible reading or Roy Rogers/Andy Griffith? Yeah, I would watch those two shows over Ben reading scriptures. That shit  is constantly force fed down their throats.  I feel the worst for Spurgeon. His whole personality is going to be based on how he is treated and used by his mother. I wonder if he ever asks if he'll get to go to a school like his cousin Izzy. I wish that he would ask his parents that 100 times a day.

Does Jessa ever make Ivy say "please' when she's screaming for a toy one of the boys has? I didn't watch the video, so I don't know about this time with the shovel. There was another video she had and she made Spurgeon give her a tool of his and she never made Ivy say please. I'm sure she can say it. Instead it's all about how the boys have to share.

• Love 19

Jessa's too used to seeing herself as the celebrity and media personality and role model that her parents (and TLC) have told her she is to do anything but show off to and try to influence her "fans" and "followers" and gather likes and shares all day. 

She doesn't know that she and her entire multi-generation fam actually hover somewhere below "ordinary" on pretty much every scale of human endeavor (except for Meeechelle's uncanny ability to churn out babies). Given that, she should pay attention to the hints and demands and lessons adult life keeps throwing at her and spend her time working to improve herself and her family's life.

But since she was promoted as a young teen to some great super-Christian model for young women, she spends her time preening and displaying herself and her spawn. Looks to me as if, like her parents and Guru Gothard, she imagines she has basically nothing to learn or improve on but instead offers a stellar example of just about everything to others. 

In the long run, that way of living won't serve her well, I don't believe. And if what we see now is any indication, it may serve her children even worse. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 16

Anyone get the walk on eggshells, timid vibe that Iz used to have, from Spurgeon? He seemed determined to find that remote but kept looking at Jessa and Ben as he snooped around.

The impromptu church sermon by Ben felt a little like instant obedience to me. 

I think Jessa's and Jill's approaches to parenting are very similar. Jill just took longer to learn what not to put on SM. 

• Love 6
22 hours ago, Ljohnson1987 said:

Spurge doesn't have time for Ben's Bible lesson. He needs to be learning things on his level. 

I haven’t got the time for Bens bible lesson either, I not surprised Spurgeon would rather watch tv. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 15
On 2/15/2021 at 9:04 AM, beckie said:

The thing that bothered me most about that video was when Jessa brought the bird to Ivy's attention and encouraged her to chase it. There were other people at that beach. A good number. It looked like Ivy chased the bird for a good while. All I could think is one of the people could have snatched Ivy and be gone before Jessa could even drop her video camera. 

I don't know.  Maybe I'm overthinking it, but it bugged me.

Also, teach your kids to respect wildlife, Jessa!  Leave the dam*ed birds alone!

On 2/15/2021 at 9:54 AM, SMama said:

When we traveled to Puerto Rico and Maui we would go to Costco or Sam’s and buy the huge set of sand toys. Never paid more than $20 and it had a lot of fun things. Then had the grandparents donate or pass them on to local kids upon our departure. 

Don't Jessa's kids have a water table and or sandbox at home?  Surely they had some appropriate beach toys they could've brought.  For that matter, kids are pretty resourceful; some Solo cups and plastic spoons would've been a lot more fun than that shovel.

• Love 20

Every time I saw that shovel waved around I was waiting for someone to get nicked by the pointy end. Why of all things to bring on vacation was that chosen? And why no towels? Jessa is either a very poor planner or she just is dumb.

• Love 17
27 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Every time I saw that shovel waved around I was waiting for someone to get nicked by the pointy end. Why of all things to bring on vacation was that chosen? And why no towels? Jessa is either a very poor planner or she just is dumb.

I feel like those kids barely escape serious injury absolutely every day.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 16
10 hours ago, Sofa Sloth said:

Bin: “Hey what if you couldn’t touch the ocean or feel the sand or hear the waves, what if God didn’t make all that? have you guys ever thought about that? ...”

Um No Bin. 🙄 They haven’t thought about that. Because they’re fricken preschoolers, not middle-aged philosophers. Just skip the age inappropriate sermons and just let them watch a cartoon already. Poor confused little things.420B7C9F-DB8C-44CD-9B1B-D5F200F4B7C2.thumb.jpeg.9057647637196ebc6bddb0014b8976ae.jpeg

hey Bin did you ever think about it that God did make the the sand for them and the ocean for them and you are cheating your kids out off the experience and joy God intended them to have with His creation by not giving them a bucket and shovel for the sand and a towel for after experiencing the ocean???

Edited by crazy8s
  • Love 21

With regards to the towels, I wonder if Jessa nabbed the ones from the hotel and didn't want to show them on camera? I found it strange they had two huge duffel bags, but when Henry got wet and started crying, Jessa told him the sun would dry him off. They didn't bring toys or snacks, so I don't know what else could've been in the bags. A change of clothes for the kids wouldn't have taken up that much room.

• Useful 1
  • Love 14
11 hours ago, BitterApple said:

With regards to the towels, I wonder if Jessa nabbed the ones from the hotel and didn't want to show them on camera? I found it strange they had two huge duffel bags, but when Henry got wet and started crying, Jessa told him the sun would dry him off. They didn't bring toys or snacks, so I don't know what else could've been in the bags. A change of clothes for the kids wouldn't have taken up that much room.

But... she was the one filming. It would have been easy enough to stop filming for a minute and dry off the kid and start filming again. We all know she heavily edits all her videos. 

Other than diapers and maybe water bottles I have no idea what was in their bags.

• Useful 1
  • Love 6
16 hours ago, ozziemom said:

Take note of the fact that on 19K one of the storylines was about how Jessa was incredibly talented in this area and so she handled all organizing and packing everyone in the family on their trips. 

• LOL 23
3 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Take note of the fact that on 19K one of the storylines was about how Jessa was incredibly talented in this area and so she handled all organizing and packing everyone in the family on their trips. 

People story on Jessa 2015 https://people.com/tv/19-kids-and-counting-recap-19-things-we-learned-about-jessa-duggar/

fun "facts"

"15. Jessa Has Packed More Than 500 Suitcases over the Years
Whenever the Duggars go on a trip, it’s Jessa’s job to make sure that everyone’s packed. You know, because she’s organized. The job involves a number of checklists and having to letter the suitcases from A to Z.

16. It’s Rare That Her Organization Fails Her – But It Happens
“I think the biggest packing blunder was probably the time that we got on the road and we could not find socks and underwear for the eight youngest boys,” said Jessa. “I was just like, ‘Oops.’ ”

• LOL 10
16 minutes ago, Zella said:

I'm increasingly convinced that Jessa has no real organizational ability, and what the Duggars were actually employing was her being able to make the other kids do something through force of personality. 

Get out of my head!   I felt that way about her since back in her single days, that she was a rather thuggish enforcer with her buddy team and amongst the other siblings.   

• Love 11
10 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

Get out of my head!   I felt that way about her since back in her single days, that she was a rather thuggish enforcer with her buddy team and amongst the other siblings.   

I must confess, I'm a johnny come lately! I've only recently drawn this conclusion, but now it's all I can think of whenever she's sharing her "organizational tips" or stories that are supposed to highlight this quality. I am an organized person (though also sort of a messy person--I contain multitudes). But I can usually spot a fellow organizer a mile away. Thus, I have concluded she ain't no organizer. 

• LOL 8
  • Love 9
13 minutes ago, Zella said:

I must confess, I'm a johnny come lately! I've only recently drawn this conclusion, but now it's all I can think of whenever she's sharing her "organizational tips" or stories that are supposed to highlight this quality. I am an organized person (though also sort of a messy person--I contain multitudes). But I can usually spot a fellow organizer a mile away. Thus, I have concluded she ain't no organizer. 

I totally get this!  Same here.

I agree that Jessa is no organizer.

• Love 10
1 hour ago, Tikichick said:

Yeah, she was put in charge of organizing for the same reason she was put in charge of the SOTDRT. People have long wanted to make her being head of school into some kind of evidence that she alone holds a non-Duggar credential of some kind, like a diploma from elsewhere.

But she doesn't. And JB and M wouldn't give a shit about that, anyway...or even want it. Would they want any of their kids to have an education (or anything) equivalent to their own? Absolutely not. That's a major reason behind the way they operate. We're the top.  We're the Coliseum. And you guys are on a lower level, simply small assets that we own. 

Jessa was put "in charge" of the "school" because she was the most enthusiastic of the older kids when it came to spotting a kid who tried to walk away from the computer or Wisdom book. So she was best at chasing that kid down, sitting on it, subduing its will, and smugly dragging it back to the dining room chair. 

She neither knew nor cared about any "learning"  that went on (or didn't) at the "academy." And neither do her sanctimonious, lying parents. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 19