Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

33 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No birthday week for Henry.........not so! 
🤣

That was exhausting, especially Ivy(yes, I know it's her age)..

I'm glad that Henry liked all his presents(or I hope so anyway). Not sure how I would feel about getting a shovel, but boys like to dig too. My mom had one like that for her garden and I used it to dig as a kid as well. Just never got one for a gift. I thought the cake was pretty cool until every kid and adult put their hands in it to grab a gummy worm. That would be gross without a pandemic going on.

• Love 12

I see the dingy-pillowcase-as-giftwrap is back. "So eco-friendly," Jessa brags, like she cares about such things. One (small) actual gift bag was re-used a couple times, but Henry also got gifts in a paper bag and a plastic Walmart bag, as well as the one book that was literally in the mailing envelope it came in. I'm sorry, that's just sad. No effort whatsoever.

His reaction to the tape measurer was adorable.

Does Anna look pregnant to anyone else? I usually don't notice pregnancies unless they're really obvious, and I know her weight fluctuates alot, but that is a really round stomach.

• Love 9
53 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

No birthday week for Henry.........not so! 
🤣

I didn't watch, but from the video cover image, one thing I really, really hope goes away with this pandemic (it won't, but I can dream) is blowing out the candles on a birthday cake! I know we all used to do it without thinking, but now all I see is the spit and germs going over the cake you want me to eat. No thanks.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, dargosmydaddy said:

Does Anna look pregnant to anyone else? I usually don't notice pregnancies unless they're really obvious, and I know her weight fluctuates alot, but that is a really round stomach.

Yes, Anna looks pretty pregnant. I expected her to have a baby this year, but in the fall. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 7

Why couldn’t his parents give him the joy of ripping open some wrapping paper? At least some of his aunts did.

I think Henry is the most beautiful of the Duggar grandkids and it was adorable when he thanked himself. 😁

If Anna is not pregnant I really feel for her having to explain to everyone asking that she’s not pregnant, just fat. I lived that heartache for years.

Does Ben have a hickey on his neck?

• LOL 2
  • Love 12
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

Yes, Anna looks pretty pregnant. I expected her to have a baby this year, but in the fall. 

22-24 weeks I'd say.  Of course, she's already had 6 kids, so she may not be that far along, just doesn't have any muscle tone in her abs anymore.

• Love 6
3 hours ago, dargosmydaddy said:

I see the dingy-pillowcase-as-giftwrap is back. "So eco-friendly," Jessa brags, like she cares about such things. One (small) actual gift bag was re-used a couple times, but Henry also got gifts in a paper bag and a plastic Walmart bag, as well as the one book that was literally in the mailing envelope it came in. I'm sorry, that's just sad. No effort whatsoever.

His reaction to the tape measurer was adorable.

Yep, she looked pregnant to me. 

7 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa just unlisted the video. I think that was a family secret let out of the bag. Oops!

If she puts the video back up with Anna edited out, we’ll know that she’s pregnant.  AGAIN.  WTF are they thinking?! 🤦🏼‍♀️

• Love 6

Spurgie and Ivy did really good watching Henry receive all the gifts. I felt like the gifts were 'catch up' gifts. Here's a toolbox because Spurge has one. Here's sneakers like Daddy and Spurge, here's jammies like Spurge and Ivy (and don't worry, yours are one size too small too).

The dinosaur book. Did Jess say "a made up time" when dinosaurs and people live together?

And whoa, Anna is definitely pregnant. Not really a shocker since she has given birth in every odd year since the were married. 

Feet and asses all over that kitchen island. Biggest petri dish in the state of Arkansas. 

They must have all had covid. Otherwise they're all idiots. Didn't Jessa and Ben just get back from a wedding in FL? If they haven't had covid already, Jessa and Ben are potentially exposing everyone there, including pregnant Anna.

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
8 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Spurgie and Ivy did really good watching Henry receive all the gifts. I felt like the gifts were 'catch up' gifts. Here's a toolbox because Spurge has one. Here's sneakers like Daddy and Spurge, here's jammies like Spurge and Ivy (and don't worry, yours are one size too small too).

The dinosaur book. Did Jess say "a made up time" when dinosaurs and people live together?

And whoa, Anna is definitely pregnant. Not really a shocker since she has given birth in every odd year since the were married. 

Feet and asses all over that kitchen island. Biggest petri dish in the state of Arkansas. 

They must have all had covid. Otherwise they're all idiots. Didn't Jessa and Ben just get back from a wedding in FL? If they haven't had covid already, Jessa and Ben are potentially exposing everyone there, including pregnant Anna.

I was thinking the same thing about the presents, it was just sad 

• Love 7
8 hours ago, Snow Fairy said:

Can someone screenshot Anna?

This was the screenshot on Reddit. From the very end of the video. You can see her a few other times before this as well.

image.png.86000d418be5ea4f0abb5fd9a7d7a314.png

What does "unlisted" mean?

It just means it's not publicly listed, but anyone can view it who has the link. (Like, the video is posted on this thread, so any of us can still watch it.  But if you go to Jessa's YT page, you won't see it listed.)

Edited by dargosmydaddy
  • Useful 3
18 minutes ago, dargosmydaddy said:

This was the screenshot on Reddit. When I watched the video, this particular shot did not seem to be there, but Anna could still be seen a bit.

image.png.86000d418be5ea4f0abb5fd9a7d7a314.png

Towards the end of the video, Anna could be seen cutting and serving cake turned mostly to the side from the camera.  Definite pregnant belly from the side,

• Useful 1

Anna looks pregnant and pretty far along. What is the point of keeping it a secret? Apologies to Anna if she's just had a sudden weight gain. She did make a cute cake. She apparently has a heart for children, unlike MEchelle. It was adorable when Henry thanked himself for the cake. The climbing all over the counter is unsurprising Duggar behavior. Gross, but not surprising!

• Love 5

I realize this is not new behavior but sometimes it just seems shocking that they don't teach the kids any manners or basic civilized behavior.  It was so repulsive with the kids sitting and walking on the counter with the cake.  Spurgeon with his finger up his nose and everyone sticking fingers in the cake was disgusting.  They seem to have no awareness of hygiene or even appearances.

• Love 21

I wouldn't know this if my daughter hadn't competed in archery or become a certified level one coach, but those bow and arrow sets are very dangerous.   Instead of her plants Jessa should be concerned about her children, especially if the foam tips come off or degrade.

• Useful 5
  • Love 10
9 hours ago, Boston said:

I know the kids don't care, but a pillowcase and a plastic shopping bag for wrapping.  Way to go lazy asses.

That’s what it boils down to.  They’re too damned lazy to even shove the present into a gift bag, which could be recycled year after year.  That’s just pathetic.

• Love 12

When I saw the thumbnail my first thought was, "Wow, that cake is so cute and well done. How non-Duggarish." Then it's revealed that Anna made it. I should've known, lol. 

Bin and Jessa are painfully awkward around each other. 

Josh putting a standing Gideon on the countertop and walking away gave me a heart attack.

Not sure why Anna's obvious pregnancy needs to be kept hush-hush. Does anyone really care by the time you're on your seventh kid?

• Love 21
43 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I wouldn't know this if my daughter hadn't competed in archery or become a certified level one coach, but those bow and arrow sets are very dangerous.   Instead of her plants Jessa should be concerned about her children, especially if the foam tips come off or degrade.

These people are so heedless!  What next?  Hand grenades, razor blades and shotguns?

• LOL 3
50 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

When Jessa told Ivy to throw it, Spurgeon was running out of wherever and it almost hit him. It wasn't the arrow side either. They are idiots. If you are going to give this gift to your 4 year old, perhaps take the kids outside and have them stand far apart when playing with them. Oh wait, this is Jessa we are talking about.

• Love 9
6 minutes ago, Suzn said:

These people are so heedless!  What next?  Hand grenades, razor blades and shotguns?

They may not know.   I only know because of my daughter's archery background -- and the fact she was out shopping with me and I was about to buy a set for my godson when she stopped me.  Once she explained what she learned in her coaching training I was kind of horrified.   It's shocking these things are even allowed to be on the market.  They do seem fun, but they can legitimately become a lethal projectile.  

• Useful 10
4 minutes ago, Madtown said:

When Jessa told Ivy to throw it, Spurgeon was running out of wherever and it almost hit him. It wasn't the arrow side either. They are idiots. If you are going to give this gift to your 4 year old, perhaps take the kids outside and have them stand far apart when playing with them. Oh wait, this is Jessa we are talking about.

Actually the stick that scared me with Ivy in the video was the sucker stick hanging out of her mouth, as she stood on the sofa at the party.  The party with dozens of people, many of them children also wandering around unsteadily on the very same sofa where it would be oh so easy to bump into Ivy with her sucker hanging from her mouth.  

• Love 6
10 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

She's probably already had every STD in the book, so what's a little Covid?

• Love 2
2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

They may not know.   I only know because of my daughter's archery background -- and the fact she was out shopping with me and I was about to buy a set for my godson when she stopped me.  Once she explained what she learned in her coaching training I was kind of horrified.   It's shocking these things are even allowed to be on the market.  They do seem fun, but they can legitimately become a lethal projectile.  

I don't think it takes a lot of imagination to see danger in projectiles and small children.

2 hours ago, Tikichick said:

Actually the stick that scared me with Ivy in the video was the sucker stick hanging out of her mouth, as she stood on the sofa at the party.  The party with dozens of people, many of them children also wandering around unsteadily on the very same sofa where it would be oh so easy to bump into Ivy with her sucker hanging from her mouth.  

I noticed that too.  How they escape serious injury every day is a mystery to me.

• Love 7

What I don't get is why Michelle and Jim boob allow the grandchildren to climb all over and sit on the counter tops. Considering the way they raised their kids, I find it odd. I thought Michelle would be strict about certain things.

And Jessa is a pig. Plain and simple. I'm to the point where I cringe when reading anything about her and how she is raising her kids. Which brings me to my last point, I hate it when she calls Ivy 'sister' in the videos. I can't even explain how much it annoys me. 

• Love 18
10 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

What I don't get is why Michelle and Jim boob allow the grandchildren to climb all over and sit on the counter tops. Considering the way they raised their kids, I find it odd. I thought Michelle would be strict about certain things.

Michelle never raised her kids. She doesn't give a crap. She probably doesn't even notice.

• Love 16
4 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Michelle never raised her kids. She doesn't give a crap. She probably doesn't even notice.

We also saw Michelle's kids sleeping on bare mattresses in their street clothes, roller skating and biking through the house and climbing on and licking the countertops.  The behavior seen on the video is consistent with the way Michelle 'raised' her kids.  They ran wild, the house was filthy and there were no rules.

• Love 17

Michelle was strict, but only when she was 'on duty'. If she was off in another part of the house she left them to themselves or for the older kids to corral.

Michelle also said the kids used outdoor toys in the house due to the weather. I totally bought that until I realized, minus the snow, AR weather really isn't all that different then New England weather.

There is no explanation for kids on counters, feeding babies on couches and the lack of baths and general physical cleanliness.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Spazamanaz said:

And Jessa is a pig. Plain and simple. I'm to the point where I cringe when reading anything about her and how she is raising her kids. Which brings me to my last point, I hate it when she calls Ivy 'sister' in the videos. I can't even explain how much it annoys me. 

Bugs me too. She'll say "brother" for Spurg and Henry when she is talking to Ivy. I thought someone said this is a southern thing, but I'm not sure. Whether it is or not, it annoys me too!

I also wanted to slap Jessa when Ivy was crying because she didn't get any bow and arrow set and she tells Ben, "Awww daddy,  pick up the baby." I'm sure Ben loved that being heard by milions, or maybe he's used to being bossed around on video. Jessa also claims that she should've bought 3 sets so Ivy could have one. Yeah, the 4 and 5 year old shouldn't even have them, but let's get one for a 1 year old. She'll probably get one on her next birthday.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Madtown said:

Bugs me too. She'll say "brother" for Spurg and Henry when she is talking to Ivy. I thought someone said this is a southern thing, but I'm not sure. Whether it is or not, it annoys me too!

I also wanted to slap Jessa when Ivy was crying because she didn't get any bow and arrow set and she tells Ben, "Awww daddy,  pick up the baby." I'm sure Ben loved that being heard by milions, or maybe he's used to being bossed around on video. Jessa also claims that she should've bought 3 sets so Ivy could have one. Yeah, the 4 and 5 year old shouldn't even have them, but let's get one for a 1 year old. She'll probably get one on her next birthday.

when Henry was opening the present in the little bag at their house, Ben and Spurge were looking at a book and paying no attention. Jessa said several times Daddy look, and finally Daddy look you're going to miss it. only then did Ben and Spurge glance over.

• Love 4
Just now, Madtown said:

Yah, and what's wrong with one child receiving a birthday present without having to buy a present for the other sibling. 

• Love 15

I guess Henry's birthday gifts and party really bother me... Another thing - I am so afraid that the dinosaur book with people riding them is presented as scientific fact.  Even if meant as fantasy, what a great way to confuse small children.

• Love 7
17 minutes ago, Spazamanaz said:

Yah, and what's wrong with one child receiving a birthday present without having to buy a present for the other sibling. 

I agree that kids have to learn the concept of the birthday person having their special day.   That also helps explain why it wasn't only Ivy's age that made it difficult for her to even begin to grasp the idea it was Henry's turn -- it went on day, after day, after day, after day, after day.   Especially for a very young one the idea of being the special birthDAY person really gets undercut when it goes on ad infinitum.

Spurgeon is of an age where this can be explained to him in a way that he understands.  He also probably has memories of his birthday palooza and has a good idea there is probably going to be some gravy for his taters if he plays along nicely.   That's not a concept anywhere near Ivy's wheelhouse yet, so it's understandable she thinks her solution is to be the squeaky wheel.   Henry's probably not quite at the developmental stage to fully cooperate for his sibling's extended birthday paloozas either, maybe just a bit easier to quell than Ivy.  

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I guess Henry's birthday gifts and party really bother me... Another thing - I am so afraid that the dinosaur book with people riding them is presented as scientific fact.  Even if meant as fantasy, what a great way to confuse small children.

He will never learn about the scientific method, photosynthesis, geology or anything even remotely resembling true science.  He won't go to a real school that will refute any of the myriad of fairly tales he & his siblings will continue to learn from his parents.  Thus, no confusion.  He'll be ignorant, but fine.  

• Love 2