Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

Two days in, BS has 56 subscribers. Comments are turned off.

Wonder if he imagines he can compete with Jessa's money-earning ability on youtube. I don't think she'll be breaking any records, either. But.....Who the heck will watch this? 

Bin and Jer are definitely on the same conservative-Calvinist page these days. His guest here, Owen Strachan, is the guy who wrote the anti-social-justice book to which MacArthur contributed the Foreword. The one Jer was promoting in an insta story the other day. 

Looks like he's some kind of complementarian, too, just like others in this crowd. ... "Strachan is the former president of the Council on Biblical Manhood & Womanhood," Also -- "a Senior Fellow with the Center for Biblical Worldview at the Family Research Council."

Ridiculous as it is, I have to give Bin a tiny bit of credit for not simply trying to exploit his kids for YouTube fame and money. 

• Love 9
13 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Ridiculous as it is, I have to give Bin a tiny bit of credit for not simply trying to exploit his kids for YouTube fame and money. 

He does with Jessa’s You Tube and IG accounts. If he really is against exploiting his kids they would not be in SM at all. Ben is as much a fame whore as his wife. The coward glares at Jessa on videos, creates his own YT channel, but won’t admit his complicity.

• Love 21
30 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

Ben is up to 61 subscribers. He has 482 views.

I noticed that under Bin’s name it said Counting On, where under the other guy it said author/the name of his book. Did no one tell Bin that Counting On got canceled? And what a pretentious name for his channel, Asketh is not a word many people use, lol. I’m actually surprised he has 61 subscribers.

• LOL 18
4 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

I noticed that under Bin’s name it said Counting On, where under the other guy it said author/the name of his book. Did no one tell Bin that Counting On got canceled? And what a pretentious name for his channel, Asketh is not a word many people use, lol. I’m actually surprised he has 61 subscribers.

How many of those 61 are “haters,” who just subscribed to laugh at him?

• LOL 7
  • Love 7
6 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

How many of those 61 are “haters,” who just subscribed to laugh at him?

I’d guess a good percentage. Some may have been lured in with the Q & A title, but once Bin starts his droning on, I’m sure they clicked off. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

IDK, I think Ben thinks he's also a TV star and he's the draw for views. He's been part of filming for 7 or 8 years. To me the difference between Ben and Jeremy, is that Jeremy somewhat knows Jeremy is a poser, but Ben think's Ben is all that.

If I had to pick an event that most epitomizes this attitude in Ben, it's that Christian Women's Conference they went to shortly after they married. Jessa had booked that speaking gig, iirc, shortly before the wedding, and when she went, Ben was right up on that stage with her. Jessa claimed she asked him to come up with her because she was nervous, which, fine, we all know she can't handle unscripted questions. But afterwards, Ben was autographing pictures right alongside her, as if he was the one everyone had paid to see, so I really think Ben insisted--either outright or passive aggressively--to be included in any gigs. 

• Love 12
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

If I had to pick an event that most epitomizes this attitude in Ben, it's that Christian Women's Conference they went to shortly after they married. Jessa had booked that speaking gig, iirc, shortly before the wedding, and when she went, Ben was right up on that stage with her. Jessa claimed she asked him to come up with her because she was nervous, which, fine, we all know she can't handle unscripted questions. But afterwards, Ben was autographing pictures right alongside her, as if he was the one everyone had paid to see, so I really think Ben insisted--either outright or passive aggressively--to be included in any gigs. 

Wait until Ben has Jessa on as a guest on his Asketh series. The numbers will shoot up.

• LOL 17
4 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Wait until Ben has Jessa on as a guest on his Asketh series. The numbers will shoot up.

Now I'm imagining that interview with the questions and answers getting more and more pointed until they start screaming all their pent up resentment at each other and I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN!

• LOL 21

So, Ben Seewald has his channel which bears his name.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5_16.46-PM.thumb.jpg.5456e519df7d273d1dcbf20fe3816a03.jpg

And when I put Ben Seewald into the YouTube search box? I got a LOT of results, NONE of which at least on the first page, was Ben's own channel. Sorted by "relevance," which is the YT default,  the first four results are video clips from TLC and Entertainment Tonight. The fifth result is: Jessa's YT channel. Followed by a gazillion videos, none of which are from Ben's channel. IOW his own channel doesn't come up in a simple YT search. Now if you apply the "channel" filter and search for Ben Seewald? The first result is Jessa's channel.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5_23.53-PM.thumb.jpg.75f428d0aab9033603f7ae10b29e3efe.jpg

I am finding that way too amusing. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 21
  • Love 1
1 minute ago, Jeeves said:

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5_16.46-PM.thumb.jpg.5456e519df7d273d1dcbf20fe3816a03.jpg

And when I put Ben Seewald into the YouTube search box? I got a LOT of results, NONE of which at least on the first page, was Ben's own channel. Sorted by "relevance," which is the YT default,  the first four results are video clips from TLC and Entertainment Tonight. The fifth result is: Jessa's YT channel. Followed by a gazillion videos, none of which are from Ben's channel. IOW his own channel doesn't come up in a simple YT search. Now if you apply the "channel" filter and search for Ben Seewald? The first result is Jessa's channel.

Screen-Shot-2021-11-11-at-5_23.53-PM.thumb.jpg.75f428d0aab9033603f7ae10b29e3efe.jpg

Hilarious. I also just tried a general search and got the same results. How can one stalk his worthless channel if one can't find it? 😂

• LOL 16
5 minutes ago, lascuba said:

Now I'm imagining that interview with the questions and answers getting more and more pointed until they start screaming all their pent up resentment at each other and I NEED THIS TO HAPPEN!

In addition to the question and answers heating things up, Ben will become angrier and angrier as the number of viewers keep ticking up.

• LOL 9
  • Love 1
1 hour ago, ozziemom said:

When you count it up, though, that may not even add up to everybody in his and Jessa's immediate families. 😁

• LOL 13
58 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Hilarious. I also just tried a general search and got the same results. How can one stalk his worthless channel if one can't find it? 😂

Not surprisingly, I found it comes up right away and prominently when you don't type in his name but just type "To every man that asketh." ....

Although -- in this case surprisingly -- his is not the only result that has that quote. I guess "to every man that asketh" is a somewhat popular super-Christian phrase.   😁

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 5
  • Love 1
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

In addition to the question and answers heating things up, Ben will become angrier and angrier as the number of viewers keep ticking up.

I will open up 1000 tabs to increase viewership.

• LOL 16
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

Not the alarm is ringing -- loudly -- and Ben is spending his time locked in the basement with all his buddies playing "Who's God's Best Friend!"

I think this particular obsession is probably more addictive than gaming or anything like that because of what you say right here......

I think that probably happens differently for two different kinds of people.....

First -- for kind of innocent dumbasses like Bin (and probably Jer) -- When you've been told over and over and then embraced for yourself a "game" that's all about "God" -- the God of all the universe! the God who's the only one who keep you from literally burning alive for eternity! -- then it's going to take a helluva lot to persuade you that what you're doing is similar to any other mere human pursuit or that anything could be possibly be more important. 

Second, for more cynical types (which is Jer a little bit though I doubt he allows himself to be fully aware of this part of his motivation) -- When you ally yourself with "God" rather than anything else, it can be a path to immense power over a bunch of people and all the things that go with that, like major money and endless ass-kissing and stuff......So, again, you're gonna perceive that potential as meaning your game is in no way comparable to a less "important" game, and you'll argue that your obsession is amply justified, unlike regular gamers' obsessions. 

• Love 9
14 hours ago, Zella said:

Ben will never answer our real questions. Like his thoughts on Diaper Mountain and the Birth Couch. 

Right. And not even serious questions about many things, like his marriage, job, or what church they attend or how they afford their lifestyle. 

• Love 11
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

Right. And not even serious questions about many things, like his marriage, job, or what church they attend or how they afford their lifestyle. 

It would give me life if a question sneaked in about his job, and his response was the same as Jessa's. A pissy knee-jerk "We're happily married." 😂

• LOL 24
54 minutes ago, Zella said:

It would give me life if a question sneaked in about his job, and his response was the same as Jessa's. A pissy knee-jerk "We're happily married." 😂

"...and we fall more and more in love with each other every day..."

Edited by Westiepeach
  • LOL 21
19 hours ago, Jeeves said:

I shall watch this when I need to go to bed. His dull preaching shall put me to sleep pronto.

• LOL 13
  • Love 1

I just watched Spurgeons birthday video and had to come here after day 4. Aren't there bibles for children in their religion??? I am Catholic and there are so many beautiful bibles for children. My sister's favorite book was actually her bible all through childhood. It had pictures, the stories were short and simple. What is Spurgeon supposed to do with this one? I don't get it. 

Besides that I find the lack of wrapping paper awful, Spurgeon's homeschooling situation sad and the whole birthday week thing ridiculous. 

And what happened to the kitchen door?? Seriously?? 

Edited by Dirndl
  • Useful 1
  • Love 16

I just watched it too and it was so depressing. Spurge badly needs a real classroom and friends his own age. I appreciate how patient he is with his siblings, but why does Jessa constantly allow Henry and Ivy to interrupt him?

That filthy kitchen door looks like it was kicked down by cops executing a search warrant. Invest in some Magic Erasers, Jessa. They work wonders.

Ivy taking food without permission. Shocker.

Henry could barely pronounce "Duggar." I guess speech therapy was a one-time deal.

Fern is a cutie. Spurge really enjoyed his kite. Those are about the only positive things I can say.

Edited by BitterApple
  • Love 7
31 minutes ago, Dirndl said:

I just watched Spurgeons birthday video and had to come here after day 4. Aren't there bibles for children in their religion??? I am Catholic and there are so many beautiful bibles for children. My sister's favorite book was actually her bible all through childhood. It had pictures, the stories were short and simple. What is Spurgeon supposed to do with this one? I don't get it. 

Besides that I find the lack of wrapping paper awful, Spurgeon's homeschooling situation sad and the whole birthday week thing ridiculous. 

And what happened to the kitchen door?? Seriously?? 

Did they give him the KJV? Someone should ask Bin if he’s aware that King James was homosexual.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 12
  • Love 6

Birthday video observations:

When Sprugeon is trying the roller skates and he says he can't do it. Henry says, "Just like how I can't say "R". And he really can't. Jessa, put the phone down and help your kid learn to skate. Also get Henry more speech therapy.

Jessa claims mostly non toy items, but a few toys. They gives him a Swiss Army knife. Some will think it's ok for a 6 year old and I may agree, but this is Duggar land where they never watch their kids.

I truly hope that Spurgeon would've recognized his name on his Bible at 6 years old. Hoping he was sounding it out for Henry's sake.

Spurgeon gets a watch because the only clock they have is on the stove. I found that tidbit hilarious. I know it's to help tell time, but I like to think otherwise.

Jessa's FU to all of us by saying, "Eco friendly wrapping paper, your bed sheet".

Jessa mentions again about moving and somehow copying the growth chart they have on a wall.

That back door is horrible. Looks like they've road their bikes and scooters into it a bunch of times. We have seen them riding both indoors.

My final thought. What a boring ass birthday celebration.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 3
  • Love 10

It looked like Ben tried his handiwork writing Spurge's name on the Bible cover. It was so off center, I was squirming.

I had the sound low so I didn't hear much of what was said. Was Ben there, off camera, besides the day Spurge lost his tooth?

• Love 5
4 hours ago, Madtown said:

Jessa's FU to all of us by saying, "Eco friendly wrapping paper, your bed sheet”.

Then Ivy said my bedsheet! So I was wondering if the bed sheet was hers? Or spurgeons, either way yuck, I doubt it’s clean.

3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

It looked like Ben tried his handiwork writing Spurge's name on the Bible cover. It was so off center, I was squirming.

I had the sound low so I didn't hear much of what was said. Was Ben there, off camera, besides the day Spurge lost his tooth?

I was listening and I didn’t hear Ben, who knows where he is. 

Edited by FizzyPuff
  • Useful 1
  • Love 6

Spurgie had lost one tooth during his birthday week...at the end of the video when they were flying the kites, he had two teeth up front gone. How long was it in between videos?  I agree that Jessa's kids need to be in school...especially poor Henry. He would qualify for FREE speech therapy through their public school system. Why aren't his parents helping that poor kid? What a depressing house Jessa has...just like her relationship with Ben..depressing.

• Love 6

It looks like someone had fun with permanent marker or make-up on that door. Not sure how that happens in a house so small. You'd think at least Jessa, Ben or Spurge would have caught the culprit in action.

On second thought, maybe they did and they filmed it.

• LOL 1
  • Love 6
17 hours ago, Dirndl said:

Well, it is because you are a heathen Catholic that you are not aware that the only correct version of the Bible is the King James version, written in the 16th century in English of that era.  What child wouldn't enjoy reading the Bible in a language unfamiliar to him?  After all, the grownups around him don't understand it, either.  Everyone knows that even though King James was gay, he was God's own messenger in ordering the translation which is now the only version of the Bible that God likes.  Or, if you're Jim Bob Duggar, you would believe that King James himself wrote it, when he wasn't sodomizing young boys, bathing in the blood of animals he killed or being a pretty mediocre King.  

There actually are children's versions of the KJV, some even with illustrations, but I suppose those aren't scary enough for Jessa's kids.  Their version of Christianity involves believing that toddlers are terrible sinners who need to repent and having them sing songs about hellfire and eternal damnation and suffering and death.  I have a feeling that the illustrated KJV for kids are not scary enough for Jessa and Ben.   Those kids need to be terrified of God and punishment; it's what Jesus wants.

• Love 4

Every time I watch one of Jessa’s videos, I come away sad.  Sad, because those children will never reach even close to their full potential.  They’re all very smart, but their futures are so bleak.  They’ll never do much more than what they’re doing now, and IMO, that makes Jessa and Ben failures as parents; however, if you read the YouTube comments, they’re the best parents ever. 🙁

• Love 8
50 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

They’ll never do much more than what they’re doing now, and IMO, that makes Jessa and Ben failures as parents; however, if you read the YouTube comments, they’re the best parents ever. 🙁

The fans who compliment Jessa are the sort who care about religion and nothing else. Their definition of a good parent is anyone who shoves Bible verses down their kids' throats 24/7.

I have a similar reaction when I watch Jessa's videos, though. Everything is just so bleak. When I think of children's birthdays, I picture balloons, colorful decorations, goody bags, games, a themed cake, etc. Tossing a kid a handful of Amazon boxes is something I'd expect from Jenelle Evans of Teen Mom, not a woman who was allegedly raised to be a dutiful wife and mother. 

• Love 17
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ben's recently divorced sister Jessica has remarried. She's now Mrs. Joseph Coates. I have no intel on him, so I don't know if she's going to backslide into the fundie world. I sure hope not.

What? It seems like she just got married the first time!

2 hours ago, Rootbeer said:

Well, it is because you are a heathen Catholic that you are not aware that the only correct version of the Bible is the King James version, written in the 16th century in English of that era.  What child wouldn't enjoy reading the Bible in a language unfamiliar to him?  After all, the grownups around him don't understand it, either.  Everyone knows that even though King James was gay, he was God's own messenger in ordering the translation which is now the only version of the Bible that God likes.  Or, if you're Jim Bob Duggar, you would believe that King James himself wrote it, when he wasn't sodomizing young boys, bathing in the blood of animals he killed or being a pretty mediocre King.  

There actually are children's versions of the KJV, some even with illustrations, but I suppose those aren't scary enough for Jessa's kids.  Their version of Christianity involves believing that toddlers are terrible sinners who need to repent and having them sing songs about hellfire and eternal damnation and suffering and death.  I have a feeling that the illustrated KJV for kids are not scary enough for Jessa and Ben.   Those kids need to be terrified of God and punishment; it's what Jesus wants.

But do you think THEY know that King James was gay?

• Love 2
1 hour ago, GeeGolly said:

There are many options for kids that are a little less intimidating for early readers. Not sure what's up with giving a kid a Bible they won't actually read.

Although, IMO, all Bibles are too scary for kids.

https://www.thekjvstore.com/kjv-kids-study-bible-hendrickson/

Agree. I was a very sensitive anxious child and Church was rather overwhelming. I managed to pass out whilst walking the Stations - and carry that trauma to this day. Not fun.

Jessa is a disgusting filthy lazy slob. What happened to that door?? Why does she never clean anything?

They are handsdown the saddest couple in Duggardom and THAT is saying something, all things considered. Those children will suffer horribly in life later on.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, BitterApple said:

The fans who compliment Jessa are the sort who care about religion and nothing else. Their definition of a good parent is anyone who shoves Bible verses down their kids' throats 24/7.

I have a similar reaction when I watch Jessa's videos, though. Everything is just so bleak. When I think of children's birthdays, I picture balloons, colorful decorations, goody bags, games, a themed cake, etc. Tossing a kid a handful of Amazon boxes is something I'd expect from Jenelle Evans of Teen Mom, not a woman who was allegedly raised to be a dutiful wife and mother. 

I can't believe that there aren't one or two who say something about the house -- I would imagine that they get blocked pretty quick. I do remember someone very gently admonishing Jill back when Izzy was little.

To me, the people who would be drawn to the family are the sort of people who believe that women are most fulfilled by being wives and mothers. They would expect Jessa to photograph clean, happy children, and an immaculate house. I don't get why she's given a pass on this.

Her kids are, arguably, better looking than Jill's and people are more prone to feel positive things about attractive people. On the other hand Jill's kids are clean and they radiate happiness in the photos she shares. Jessa's kids look confused, tired, and bored and she regularly shows them against the backdrop of her sad, filthy house foraging for food or falling asleep where they stand. Is the fact that they're holding a Bible really enough to offset everything else for these humpers?

• Love 14
1 hour ago, cmr2014 said:

I can't believe that there aren't one or two who say something about the house -- I would imagine that they get blocked pretty quick. I do remember someone very gently admonishing Jill back when Izzy was little.

To me, the people who would be drawn to the family are the sort of people who believe that women are most fulfilled by being wives and mothers. They would expect Jessa to photograph clean, happy children, and an immaculate house. I don't get why she's given a pass on this.

Her kids are, arguably, better looking than Jill's and people are more prone to feel positive things about attractive people. On the other hand Jill's kids are clean and they radiate happiness in the photos she shares. Jessa's kids look confused, tired, and bored and she regularly shows them against the backdrop of her sad, filthy house foraging for food or falling asleep where they stand. Is the fact that they're holding a Bible really enough to offset everything else for these humpers?

YouTubers can delete comments so I’m sure if Messa (autocorrect,seems appropriate 😂) gets any comments she’s doesn’t like then she blocks and deletes them. 
One thing I did like in the video was Spurgeon flying the kite at the end,just a kid having fun lovely. 

• Love 6
4 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

There are many options for kids that are a little less intimidating for early readers. Not sure what's up with giving a kid a Bible they won't actually read.

Although, IMO, all Bibles are too scary for kids.

https://www.thekjvstore.com/kjv-kids-study-bible-hendrickson/

My son is two and he got the cutest bible for his baptism.German bible

This is a popular one for 6 year olds in Germany. The Duggar's certainly would not like it. It is very German, there is some nudity in it. 😁

I feel so bad for the Serwald kids. Spurgeon is 6 years old and has no exposure to normal things. No school, no sports team, no music lessons, no running around town with friends, no first secrets from his parents. My neighbour's son is 6 years old. He has so much fun after school and on the weekends. He and his friends are riding bikes through town, building forts in the forest, playing on the playground,... They experience so many things on their own without their parents constantly watching them. Ok, we are in Germany but I don't think "normal" 6 years olds in the US are that different from German ones. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 10