Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

6 hours ago, lascuba said:

Absolutely. The sisters use Jessa as their heavy so they could keep up their "sweet" images that even people who supposedly hate their patriarchal beliefs eat up. Like when Jinger pretended that Jessa made all the decorating decisions after she noticed that Jeremy hated what they did with his apartment. 

I don't see Jessa's statement--tone deaf and out-of-proportion as it was--as a sign of her being a bully. She's angry and is lashing out at all the criticism thrown at her family. If Anna and Jill get pass after pass for their bullshit because "brainwashed!", I don't see why Jessa isn't allowed to have unsuppressed emotions during what is an obviously extremely stressful time. 

She’s angry because people are finally seeing some of the hidden realities of this family. And I have no doubt that she and her family continue to judge people outside of their bubble harshly. She hates that she can’t continue to post her mindless BS without having to delete dozens of comments from strangers, but doesn’t want to restrict her SM.

• Love 24
2 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

She’s angry because people are finally seeing some of the hidden realities of this family. And I have no doubt that she and her family continue to judge people outside of their bubble harshly. She hates that she can’t continue to post her mindless BS without having to delete dozens of comments from strangers, but doesn’t want to restrict her SM.

But that's ALL of them. Joy is a simpleton, Jana barely speaks (but boy, does she show her true colors when she does), Jinger's "just not very opinionated," and Jill grew enough of brain to figure out how to manipulate the public, but Jessa is the one to openly express her anger instead of keeping sweet--something people claim to be against when fundies preach it--and it's "what a fucking bitch." It's so depressing and disturbing that in every single platform where snarkers claim to be against fundamentalist doctrine, it's always Jessa that loses her victim status because she's just not nice enough, while every one else get's a pass on absolutely everything they do. Can you imagine if it were Jessa sited for child endangerment under identical circumstances? CPS would have been bombarded with phone calls from redditors demanding they remove the children. 

• Useful 2
  • Love 15
3 minutes ago, YupItsMe said:

Meanwhile, Jesse has returned to SM with vengeance. I believe I saw 4 posts of #seewaldkidssayings on FB alone.

Ugh. 
ETA - many times she also posts the same BS on Twitter, but hasn’t this time. Perhaps the inability to delete others’ Twitter comments has something to do with that. 🤣

Edited by Cinnabon
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

... Jill grew enough of brain to figure out how to manipulate the public, but Jessa is the one to openly express her anger instead of keeping sweet--something people claim to be against when fundies preach it--and it's "what a fucking bitch." It's so depressing and disturbing that in every single platform where snarkers claim to be against fundamentalist doctrine, it's always Jessa that loses her victim status because she's just not nice enough, while every one else get's a pass on absolutely everything they do. Can you imagine if it were Jessa sited for child endangerment under identical circumstances? CPS would have been bombarded with phone calls from redditors demanding they remove the children. 

I have been very frustrated with seeing how well the manipulation of images has worked for some of them, while Jessa takes the hit as the bitch.

Edited by Suzn
  • Love 7
3 minutes ago, Suzn said:

I have been very frustrated with seeing how well the manipulation of images has worked for some of them, while Jessa takes the hit as the bitch.

I don’t think the manipulation of their images on SM has worked for any of them. Joy comes across as a simpleton with no common sense and Jinger as a mindless wife with no views of her own.

• Love 15
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I don’t think the manipulation of their images on SM has worked for any of them. Joy comes across as a simpleton with no common sense and Jinger as a mindless wife with no views of her own.

Jill gets nothing but praise for hers. 

• Love 4

First what Spurge said isn't remotely funny. But really, can't Jessa just tell them the story of Jesus' birth? They have to memorize it? Verse for verse?

Over the past month, I’ve been helping the kids memorize the account of Jesus’ birth from Luke chapter 2. We’d just started on verse 16, telling of the shepherds’ response when the angel told them that Christ had been born in Bethlehem.

Me: ”And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph and the babe lying in a manger.”

Spurgeon: “That’s a sure big triple-long manger!”

#SayingsOfSpurgeon#SeewaldKidsSay

• Love 5
8 hours ago, Cinnabon said:

I’ve seen plenty of criticism of Jill’s SM. But hers has improved while the others’ have not, IMHO. I haven’t seen outright lies and obfuscation from her, as opposed to Jessa, who specializes in these. 
I’ll go even further to say that opinions of every single Duggar have gotten more negative since they joined SM. Before, we could imagine that maybe they weren’t so bad and simply under JB’s control. After they became more independent and starting speaking for themselves, we couldn’t delude ourselves anymore. It turns out that they’re just as awful out of JB’s purview than they were in it. 

But that's my point. It's not that people criticize shitty SM posts, it's that they read into Jill's improved posts nothing but positivity when the improvement is a deliberate manipulation tactic. She has the "Wholesome White Christian Mom Who Doesn't Talk About Her more Odious Beliefs so She Can Attract more Followers" formula down.

• Useful 1
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
1 minute ago, lascuba said:

But that's my point. It's not that people criticize shitty SM posts, it's that they read into Jill's improved posts nothing but positivity when the improvement is a deliberate manipulation tactic. She has the "Wholesome White Christian Mom Who Doesn't Talk About Her more Odious Beliefs so She Can Attract more Followers" formula down.

Agree. I'm not 'buying' what any sister is selling.

• Love 8
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

First what Spurge said isn't remotely funny. But really, can't Jessa just tell them the story of Jesus' birth? They have to memorize it? Verse for verse?

Over the past month, I’ve been helping the kids memorize the account of Jesus’ birth from Luke chapter 2. We’d just started on verse 16, telling of the shepherds’ response when the angel told them that Christ had been born in Bethlehem.

Me: ”And they came with haste and found Mary and Joseph and the babe lying in a manger.”

Spurgeon: “That’s a sure big triple-long manger!”

#SayingsOfSpurgeon#SeewaldKidsSay

Her whole Instagram is basically the sub Reddit - ThatHappened🙄 

• LOL 15
2 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

But since virtually none of the haters actually know the Duggars, I think all the commentary on the individual daughters is just based on the long-running fantasy among haters to see somebody -- anbody! -- in the family veer from the JB/M/Gothard party line, at least a little bit

4 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd bet that if Jessa had never recorded those half-hour-long paeans to JB and M being the greatest people on Earth and if her husband had been to known to hold a recent paying job where the pay didn't come from Jim Bob, she'd be viewed differently by hater world.....

5 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Before the split, I didn't get the sense that Jill was particularly popular with the Duggar-hater population at all.....In some ways she was regarded as the worst daughter, when it came to discussing her midwife stuff, her missionary stuff and so on. She was the family's self-righteous snitch, unattractive, stupid. ...After the split, it's all different!

Your whole post. Excellent analysis!

• LOL 1
  • Love 11

I wonder if/when Jessa will finally realize that if it weren’t for JB’s desire for fame and fortune, no one would give a damn about the Duggars and what’s going on in their lives.  ALL roads lead back to the unwise choices that Jim Bob and Michelle made years ago, and I can’t understand why every Duggar offspring can’t see that.

• Love 16
12 minutes ago, farmgal4 said:

ALL roads lead back to the unwise choices that Jim Bob and Michelle made years ago, and I can’t understand why every Duggar offspring can’t see that.

The 19 and most adjacents have been conditioned/gaslighted their entire lives. Add the lack of education, entitlement, and isolation from main stream society and you get adults unaware of how the real world works. 

• Love 19
30 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

I'd bet that if Jessa had never recorded those half-hour-long paeans to JB and M being the greatest people on Earth and if her husband had been known to hold a recent paying job where the pay didn't come directly from Jim Bob, she'd be viewed differently by hater world.....

"It is better to keep your mouth closed and let people think you are a fool than to open it and remove all doubt," as they say.  

I have never gotten this impression at all. I've been on forums talking about the Duggars since the first forums appeared. It was always, ALWAYS, "Jessa's such a bitch, Jinger's a quirky rebel, poor CinderJana, and Jill the lovable dork." There was a brief  period after Jill got engaged that more people were annoyed with her (those were the days, lol), but for the most part, it's always blown my mind that the one that everyone in the family said was the best example of a fundie daughter got so much love among "haters."  That love didn't start after the nose ring or whatever, it was well established back when she was being an openly annoying fundie on camera, so now everything she does is viewed in an (unwarranted, imo) positive lens. I don't care what fans think at all because they're loss causes, but people who claim to be critical of the Duggar lifestyle? There's something really inconsistent there. And while part of that is probably some level of "bitch eating crackers," which I've definitely been guilty of, there is something really inconsistent with what haters claim to believe and how they talk about the older daughters. 

The starkest example of this is the Megyn Kelly interview. The consistent criticism there is that Jessa was a fucking bitch, not only for defending Josh--ignoring that Jill went even harder in defending Josh and her parents because, you know, poor soul was "brainwashed"--but for not comforting Jill when she went off script and started crying. Jessa was also a victim. She was saying the same things Jill was. But because she isn't a cryer, because she doesn't express her emotions in ways fundies and society at large say women are supposed to express them,  she's automatically labeled some kind of sociopath for not ignoring her own feelings to focus on Saint Jill. 

A big part of my is frustration is that I've never been one with hopes or fantasies that any of the kids would truly break away (and my beliefs being what they are, I don't even consider any of them turning into conservative Christians as any kind of real improvement). It would be nice, sure, and I'd buy any tell-alls of Duggarlings that meet my definition of breaking free, but my litmus test isn't "anything that pisses off JB." That's a very easy test to pass. I'm not here rooting for them and trying to be patient with them because they wear pants and that's a big deal. I'm judging them by who they are and what they've done and continue to do, and occasionally being entertained by their collective batshit nonsense. 

• Love 19
13 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I thought Jessa's post about Jana was fine, until the last line about humans going back to their perfect lives. To me it made her post go from defending her sister, to the equivalent of a hissy fit.

I agree with this. The last line felt SO JUVENILE. Individuals do not need to have “perfect lives” to have an opinion about a matter of public record.

3 hours ago, lascuba said:

The starkest example of this is the Megyn Kelly interview. The consistent criticism there is that Jessa was a fucking bitch, not only for defending Josh--ignoring that Jill went even harder in defending Josh and her parents because, you know, poor soul was "brainwashed"--but for not comforting Jill when she went off script and started crying. Jessa was also a victim. She was saying the same things Jill was. But because she isn't a cryer, because she doesn't express her emotions in ways fundies and society at large say women are supposed to express them,  she's automatically labeled some kind of sociopath for not ignoring her own feelings to focus on Saint Jill. 

I agree with this. My interpretation of the Megan Kelly interview was that Jessa didn’t want to talk about it, was angry at Josh for disgracing the family again.

Of course I felt bad for both Jill and Jessa, but I didn’t think Jessa was an awful person because she wasn’t comforting Jill. I’m not a crier either, and I know some people that cry if the wind blows too hard (it’s just how they are wired); so I am not going to rush to comfort them- I know they have to work through it. 

Edited to add- Jill was perfectly within her rights to cry over that awful situation. I wasn’t implying there was anything wrong with Jill’s reaction being tears. Just that Jessa was focusing on her own feelings at the time. 

• Love 11
1 hour ago, farmgal4 said:

I wonder if/when Jessa will finally realize that if it weren’t for JB’s desire for fame and fortune, no one would give a damn about the Duggars and what’s going on in their lives.  ALL roads lead back to the unwise choices that Jim Bob and Michelle made years ago, and I can’t understand why every Duggar offspring can’t see that.

I'm guessing because none of the Duggar 19 hated their lives then and none do now, well except for Felon Josh. 

• Love 8

I think it's possible to look at circumstances surrounding other people and have an idea or understanding why they may have said something or done something without being their fan or even liking them or much or anything they stand for.   I think that frequently gets lost here and elsewhere online.   

It's possible to think that Jill and Derrick aren't wrong to break with JB and have made a good choice to send their son to public school without thinking you'd really love to be their BFF.  It's possible to think it's highly likely Jana is taking the fall to keep Anna's kids from being removed from Anna's custody without thinking Jana is heroic, put upon, drunk on the Kool Aid, trapped under JB's control or the most fundie of them all.   

• Love 24

I can't count the number of times I've seen people on snark subs describe Jessa as the smartest or prettiest... So in opinion, the bias around her is rather positive. 

Always thought she and Jinger was the ones most projected on, the ones suspected to be "so cool and sassy and ready to break away", because people would like to see that happen and created a fantasy about it.  

• Useful 5
  • Love 6
5 hours ago, lascuba said:

And let's not forget her "Incredibly supportive husband".   

Actually, every single one of them has a supportive spouse.  They have no choice but to be supportive because every single one of them IS.MARRIED.FOR.LIFE.   There is no alternative.  

• Love 7
3 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

And let's not forget her "Incredibly supportive husband".   

Actually, every single one of them has a supportive spouse.  They have no choice but to be supportive because every single one of them IS.MARRIED.FOR.LIFE.   There is no alternative.  

Theoretically that applies to Josh and Anna too.   I can't imagine anybody finding Josh supportive -- even before the endless scandals broke.   Unless Anna wises up I'd imagine they'll remain MARRIED.FOR.LIFE because Josh will in many senses likely be dependent upon the ability to live with her and the children in order to have a place to live in the future.   I highly doubt Josh will be repentant, helpful or supportive of her nonetheless.

• Love 8

I've gone on record many times saying I don't hate the Duggars, but like most of us, I have a line personal to me, that when crossed, the Duggar moves into the no respect/dislike category. Michelle was the first one to cross that line for me and Derick the second. Even JB, he straddles that line for me, because I still see him a little different than most, so I don't give him the 'credit' many of you do for his master manipulation plans. I actually thinks he loves all his kids and he's a bumbling, but lucky fool, when it comes to most things. The court case has him more into the no respect/dislike category.

I enjoy hearing other opinions and sometimes I end up on the same bandwagon - just a little later than some. As I said before, what frustrates me is when the speculation turns into fact. That usually happens when its around popular opinion.

To me Jessa is not nice. She was a meanspirited sibling when she was younger and sometimes she's a meanspirited judgmental bitch on SM. But that's just my opinion, its not in fact - a fact.

• Love 24
3 hours ago, CountryGirl said:

Apparently, Bin posted this on FB:

267552081-2074699429377495-5913109743542

I'm guessing he's calling Derick "rude."

Don't kick me off the forum but I agree with him - well sort of. I'll add dear old cousin Amy into his rudeness call out. On the other hand, is Ben calling out these rude people because he is concerned for their spiritual well being? Or is this just a disguised outright rebuttal. I still get the feeling they are trying to out write one another. And again - why is it always the husbands doing the talking in all these essays.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 3
7 minutes ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm guessing he's calling Derick "rude."

JB must be pissed that Derick and Jeremy are taking shots at him on social media, so he sent in Ben to tone police them. That'll show them.   I do think Jeremy is included in this as well, no way JB is going to let his earlier statement go.  

• Useful 1
  • Love 10
3 minutes ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

JB must be pissed that Derick and Jeremy are taking shots at him on social media, so he sent in Ben to tone police them. That'll show them.   I do think Jeremy is included in this as well, no way JB is going to let his earlier statement go.  

I'm not 100% sure Jeremy is included. Jeremy's did speak out of "concern for Josh's soul." I think this is more Derrick who outright blasted JB as an evil liar.

Edited by Tuxcat
  • Useful 1
  • Love 4
3 hours ago, Ohiopirate02 said:

JB has done a great job of giving his adult offspring just about whatever he/she would want to stay in the fold.  It does help that he and Michelle beat out any curiosity their children may have once had, but all of their needs are being met as well as many of their wants.  JD wants to become a pilot and JB buys him a plane.  Some of the Howlers want to go hunting with their buds in Colorado, and there is enough money for that.  Others want to go snowboarding out of state, and they all have top of the line gear.  The Duggar kids are more travelled than most of us on these boards.  

Jessa is living the exact life she wants.  If she did go to Daddy and complained about how small the Mold House is, JB would instantly find her 3 properties nearby that would fit her growing family.  

Taking my reply to The Duggars and Their World thread.

56 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

And again - why is it always the husbands doing the talking in all these essays.

Because the wives can only write at a fourth grade level? 🤷‍♀️ 

• LOL 6
  • Love 11

Bin, SM has been blisteringly cruel and vicious in general for the past couple years. I’m currently staying away from it because after a while the cruelty just breaks you down. And I say that as someone who has aliases on SM and locked down accounts. It’s not a place for those with thin skin. If you choose to continue using SM regularly, under your real names, using public accounts in which you share your every post with literally millions of complete strangers, then you know exactly what kind of cruelty you’re going to encounter. Unfortunate, but true.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 5

I find it interesting that Ben has 2 Facebook accounts. There’s the one the above post is on, and another that their statement after the guilty verdict is on. That statement is not on the one he posted the above on.

I saw no comments Ben would like on the post above.

I do like this one:

“Reading through these comments it seems some think this a jab at Derick, who has stood up for truth, honesty, and integrity. Bringing darkness into light, giving voice to the voiceless, and speaking truth to power is not “rude”. God calls us to do all these things. And frankly, it’s not much of a “jab” at anyone if its too verbose to make much sense. Praying for you Ben. May God open your heart and mind and give you the wisdom to see REAL truth, light, goodness, righteousness.”

It may have been helpful if Ben had attended the trial, IMO.

• Love 21
7 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

I find it interesting that Ben has 2 Facebook accounts. There’s the one the above post is on, and another that their statement after the guilty verdict is on. That statement is not on the one he posted the above on.

I saw no comments Ben would like on the post above.

I do like this one:

“Reading through these comments it seems some think this a jab at Derick, who has stood up for truth, honesty, and integrity. Bringing darkness into light, giving voice to the voiceless, and speaking truth to power is not “rude”. God calls us to do all these things. And frankly, it’s not much of a “jab” at anyone if its too verbose to make much sense. Praying for you Ben. May God open your heart and mind and give you the wisdom to see REAL truth, light, goodness, righteousness.”

It may have been helpful if Ben had attended the trial, IMO.

I wonder if Jessa forbade him from attending the trial for some reason?

• Useful 3
4 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I wonder if Jessa forbade him from attending the trial for some reason?

Jessa could have attended herself  There's plenty of babysitting at the TTH, and she's apparently 7 minutes from the courthouse.

No excuses, except she wasn't interested in hearing the truth.

• Useful 4
  • Love 5
1 hour ago, CountryGirl said:

I'm guessing he's calling Derick "rude" to which I say, "GFY!" as well as "Keep sucking off Boob's tit, Bin!"

I don't think this is about Derick. The "evil" that Ben is talking about is "political correctness" which is pretty far from Derick (or Jeremy).

I think it's a bit of a "sermon" that might have gotten some positive feedback from his tiny following. I think he thinks that this is quite deep, and that we'll all be impressed ("He quoted Titus -- twice -- wow!).

I think that all of the Duggars would be well advised to stay off of social media, and maybe ease back in in a few weeks (or months) with some cute child photos. JB and Derick engaging in a Biblical pissing contest -- with Ben as the go-between -- seems pretty much the worst possible option.

• Useful 2
  • Love 6

Does Ben forget that his own wife is BLATANTLY LYING about things their kids say for those "likes"?  That they probably pay for his hipster Amish clothes and over-priced coffee?  

Sounds pretty damn rude to condescend to people by expecting that they believe the CRAP his wife is pretending comes from his kids.  We know they don't say any of that shit, Ben. 

Look in the mirror, Seewald.  Your hypocritical ass is showing.  

Edited by SnapHappy
  • Useful 3
  • Love 5
23 minutes ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think this is about Derick. The "evil" that Ben is talking about is "political correctness" which is pretty far from Derick (or Jeremy).

Yep. I hope I'm not violating the no-politics policy, but this seems like a response to "wokeness" in today's culture (something they see as bad).

• Useful 1
  • Love 3
11 minutes ago, SnapHappy said:

Does Ben forget that his own wife is BLATANTLY LYING about things their kids say for those "likes"?  That they probably pay for his hipster Amish clothes and over-priced coffee?  

Sounds pretty damn rude to condescend to people by expecting that they believe the CRAP his wife is pretending comes from his kids.  We know they don't say any of that shit, Ben. 

Look in the mirror, Seewald.  Your hypocritical ass is showing.  

Thank you - that’s why I recommended he talk to his wife first before condemning anyone else. IMO Jessa is the biggest liar of the bunch and always has been.

• Love 6

I think Ben's message is a good message and a helpful reminder, but no where in there, except for we're all sinners does he own his part in doing the same thing. It feels like a sermon, or a lesson, that Ben feels he needs to teach the poor souls who not only don't follow this, but don't know enough to follow it.

So nice message Ben, but... fuck you.

• LOL 10
  • Love 10