Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Jessa could have attended herself  There's plenty of babysitting at the TTH, and she's apparently 7 minutes from the courthouse.

No excuses, except she wasn't interested in hearing the truth.

Neither of them were. I don't know where Austin stands on all of this but both him and Joy were there to find out the truth. 

• Love 11
2 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

I don't think this is about Derick. The "evil" that Ben is talking about is "political correctness" which is pretty far from Derick (or Jeremy).

I think it's a bit of a "sermon" that might have gotten some positive feedback from his tiny following. I think he thinks that this is quite deep, and that we'll all be impressed ("He quoted Titus -- twice -- wow!).

I think that all of the Duggars would be well advised to stay off of social media, and maybe ease back in in a few weeks (or months) with some cute child photos. JB and Derick engaging in a Biblical pissing contest -- with Ben as the go-between -- seems pretty much the worst possible option.

I got the impression that he was telling his...*snort*..followers to not respond to the evils of "political correctness" with rudeness. So, an uncharacteristically nice message for a fundie but, it's Ben, so his intentions are garbage and he can fuck off.  

• LOL 9
  • Love 9
1 minute ago, Zella said:

Okay now that I've recovered shouldn't he be accusing Derick of libel rather than slander since it's always a written rather than spoken accusation? And, as much as I may have an issue with some things about Derick and his credibility, I actually don't doubt his latest accusation of Jim Bob being a lying sell-out who is hostile to criticism, so it's not libel/slander if it's true. 

Slander sounds better than libel. He wouldn't have to explain the former to his Leghumpers. 

• LOL 14
26 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

This is the same kind of thing that got Jessa to knock Bin (and herself) off social media the first time. 😁

And he's been resentful ever since! I guess he hasn't grown a spine yet.

Is it better to double down when you're getting flack for your shit opinions--like Derick--or to retreat even though you're convinced you're right about everything, like Ben?

11 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Since I think you're right about this being the worst thing they can do, I for one strongly encourage all Duggars and Duggar adjacents to start doing things of this kind immediately. Day and night. On all channels. Repeatedly doubling down. Intervening in each other's pissing contests, a la Bin, and thereby starting new pissing contests. C'mon, Duggars! You can do it! You can become the most despised family in America!! I'm counting on you! 😁

My favorite train wrecks are the ones caused by different flavors of fundies having a Bible-off over petty grievances. Let's hope this becomes a trend. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I think Ben's message is a good message and a helpful reminder, but no where in there, except for we're all sinners does he own his part in doing the same thing. It feels like a sermon, or a lesson, that Ben feels he needs to teach the poor souls who not only don't follow this, but don't know enough to follow it.

So nice message Ben, but... fuck you.

Exactly.  Ben, like every damn one of them, is incapable of writing a single thing of his own. 

Everything MUST contain volumes of scripture. 

Everything MUST contain numerous biblical passages. 

Everything MUST contain enough words and thoughts by OTHER people that none of them has to have anything original to put forth, or an idea they can claim as theirs.

Using a few brief passages to illustrate a concept is one thing.  They just flat out plagiarize.  Idiots, the entire bunch.  No matter how many years some went to school. 

• Useful 1
  • Love 19
3 hours ago, SMama said:

Did JB allow it?

Did Princess Jessa allow it?

2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now he has posted, "Slander is a weed that grows in loveless soil." You can't argue that this is aimed straight at Derick. Which also clarifies the recipient of the first diatribe. 

He's Boob's little minion.

A statement has to be false to be slanderous, Bin.

• LOL 5
  • Love 12
3 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It really is too bad that Bin wasn't in the courtroom so he could learn exactly what this whole lawsuit is really about.  He has no idea of the real situation.

I don't think that he had any interest in learning the truth. He seems content to have likely been told the Boob version of the "truth." The Seewalds' initial statement was weak sauce. 

• Love 17
21 minutes ago, CalicoKitty said:

It really is too bad that Bin wasn't in the courtroom so he could learn exactly what this whole lawsuit is really about.  He has no idea of the real situation.

I agree with you, but a few posters on Twitter filled him in on the graphic details of the CP Josh was watching. 

• Useful 4
  • Love 6
1 hour ago, emmawoodhouse said:

And he probably promptly deleted the tweets. The Seewalds are firmly planted in denial.

You can delete your own tweets, but not responses to them, AFAIK. that’s why Jessa stays away, lol.

• LOL 7
  • Love 1
3 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I agree. Ben is dirty deleting. Amy deleted one post, but has let everything else stand. Bobye and Derick have just posted and let the chips fall where they may. 

I feel like after yesterday Jim Holt also needs to be added to the Messy Bitch Olympics as a contender, but he just can't compete with Ben's roller-coaster of bullshit. 

• Useful 3
  • LOL 1
  • Love 5
21 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I agree. Ben is dirty deleting. Amy deleted one post, but has let everything else stand. Bobye and Derick have just posted and let the chips fall where they may. 

He is guilty of dirty deleting and vague booking.

• Love 10

Ben did pick an odd time to come out swinging, jabbing, refereeing, poking the dragon, or whatever his intent was. It seems his little sermon could be assigned to so many sensitive topics right now. I actually thought it was meant for "all the perfect humans" upsetting his queen wife.

But IMO, this is who Ben is. Someone riding around on his high horse throwing sideways darts at all the wrong doers. IMO, this is who Jeremy and Derick are too. They're no different, and usually worse, than all the "perfect humans" that upset Jessa so much.

• Love 16
2 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

Ben did pick an odd time to come out swinging, jabbing, refereeing, poking the dragon, or whatever his intent was. It seems his little sermon could be assigned to so many sensitive topics right now. I actually thought it was meant for "all the perfect humans" upsetting his queen wife.

But IMO, this is who Ben is. Someone riding around on his high horse throwing sideways darts at all the wrong doers. IMO, this is who Jeremy and Derick are too. They're no different, and usually worse, than all the "perfect humans" that upset Jessa so much.

Ben would never make that much effort to defend his wife.

• LOL 6
  • Love 1

As detailed in the forum guidelines pinned on the home page:

Don't bring posts from other sites, that aren't by the Duggars, to this site in order to mock them. People can have whatever opinion about the Duggars they like, and it's not our job to find and shame them.

Please do not bring comments/post by non Duggars from other sites over to this forum. I do not think anyone was attempting to shame or be malicious, but I do not want to go down that road. 

Bringing posts made by the Duggars here to discuss is fine (so long as it doesn’t violate forum guidelines)- but we do not need to have a discussion on what other people who are not public figures and have not come to this site for discussion think of the Duggars. 

Thank you. 

• Love 4
3 hours ago, lascuba said:

Ben would never make that much effort to defend his wife.

How, in the name of God, can only 1 (ok maybe 2) people in this family of 19 kids have a brain.  I'm talking, Jill (I know some people don't like her but she has at LEAST made her own family and seem to be doing good).  Also the dining room table didn't help. 

Edited by Boston
moving this to another site
  • Love 7

I guess Bin didn't learn from his first social-media fiasco years ago that the written word addressed to the general public is not his friend. 

I think the trouble is that they all truly believe they're part of a small, very special group of people that God has specially blessed and enlightened and charged with setting the rest of the world right through their "ministries" and "missions." 

When all they really are is a bubble full of arrogant, ill-informed fools. And they never even have a chance of figuring out the truth as long as they stay in the bubble. But they believe it's God's bubble, protecting them from hell, so they won't even look outside it. 

With TLC giving them a huge media platform -- which Bin, Der and Jer all climbed aboard because they were longing for media platforms -- and now social media offering a loudspeaker to anybody who already has some fame and wants to expand it, they're going to keep trying to impress everyone with God's real message for the foreseeable future, I suppose. 

• LOL 2
  • Love 20
15 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Now he has posted, "Slander is a weed that grows in loveless soil." You can't argue that this is aimed straight at Derick. Which also clarifies the recipient of the first diatribe. 

He's Boob's little minion.

I don't buy for a minute that Ben wrote this, just doesn't hit as coming from Ben's voice.

It does however strike awfully close as coming from Sayings of Spurgeon IMO. 

• LOL 23
17 minutes ago, Tikichick said:

I don't buy for a minute that Ben wrote this, just doesn't hit as coming from Ben's voice.

It does however strike awfully close as coming from Sayings of Spurgeon IMO. 

It actually sounds very Ben-ish to me.

• Love 4
1 hour ago, Churchhoney said:

I guess Bin didn't learn from his first social-media fiasco years ago that the written word addressed to the general public is not his friend. 

I think the trouble is that they all truly believe they're part of a small, very special group of people that God has specially blessed and enlightened and charged with setting the rest of the world right through their "ministries" and "missions." 

When all they really are is a bubble full of arrogant, ill-informed fools. And they never even have a chance of figuring out the truth as long as they stay in the bubble. But they believe it's God's bubble, protecting them from hell, so they won't even look outside it. 

With TLC giving them a huge media platform -- which Bin, Der and Jer all climbed aboard because they were longing for media platforms -- and now social media offering a loudspeaker to anybody who already has some fame and wants to expand it, they're going to keep trying to impress everyone with God's real message for the foreseeable future, I suppose. 

What I find darkly amusing about it all is that there's a very obvious audience for the hateful Christianity that Ben, Derick and Jeremy subscribe to.  I mean, just look at this country. Their problem is that 1) you have to have a certain type of charisma to spew hate on top religious restrictions and get enough people interested in you; and 2)they don't want that audience, whether it's because they just want a broader reach for the soul saving points/money or because they, at heart, are insecure little boys who want to be viewed as nice people without actually being truly nice--well, that's anyone's guess.

And what's even funnier is--if Ben really is being passive aggressive towards Derick with--is that I always suspected that Ben was jealous of the way Derick was so open about their cult's beliefs and he resented how he was muzzled by JB/TLC/Jessa for being honest on social media. So now Derick is persona non grata and Ben gets to spew his nonsense towards an acceptable target...only to end up deleting it all again.

Oh, Ben. So close.

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 13
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

HEARTS.. a thousand times

• Love 6
2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

So Ben deleted his post. Way to have the courage of your convictions, dickwad.

Both Ben and Jessa are extremely touchy about his employment status. Those digs about Bin getting off Boob's gravy train were a figurative kick in the nuts. I imagine they're in separate corners right now, licking their wounds and regretting their life choices.

• LOL 14
  • Love 6
2 hours ago, lascuba said:

What I find darkly amusing about it all is that there's a very obvious audience for the hateful Christianity that Ben, Derick and Jeremy subscribe to.  I mean, just look at this country. Their problem is that 1) you have to have a certain type of charisma to spew hate on top religious restrictions and get enough people interested in you; and 2)they don't want that audience, whether it's because they just want a broader reach for the soul saving points/money or because they, at heart, are insecure little boys who want to be viewed as nice people without actually being truly nice--well, that's anyone's guess.

And what's even funnier is--if Ben really is being passive aggressive towards Derick with--is that I always suspected that Ben was jealous of the way Derick was so open about their cult's beliefs and he resented how he was muzzled by JB/TLC/Jessa for being honest on social media. So now Derick is persona non grata and Ben gets to spew his nonsense towards an acceptable target...only to end up deleting it all again.

Oh, Ben. So close.

There is a definitely a huge group of other like-minded hateful people that want to force their beliefs on the  rest of us, but even most of them don’t want religious lectures from a twenty-something with almost no real world experience and a subpar education. 

2 hours ago, MargeGunderson said:

So Ben deleted his post. Way to have the courage of your convictions, dickwad.

Exactly. I give Derick a small amount of credit for simply standing by what he wrote, despite all of the vicious comments. Bin is another coward like Jeremy.

23 minutes ago, Turquoise said:

#SayingsofBen

#SayingsofBin FIFY

• LOL 10
  • Love 5
3 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

There is a definitely a huge group of other like-minded hateful people that want to force their beliefs on the  rest of us, but even most of them don’t want religious lectures from a twenty-something with almost no real world experience and a subpar education. 

Exactly. I give Derick a small amount of credit for simply standing by what he wrote, despite all of the vicious comments. Bin is another coward like Jeremy.

#SayingsofBin FIFY

Derick standing by what he wrote, this time. He typically is the king of twisting his statements until they are in pretzel form.

• LOL 2
  • Love 8
10 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Derick standing by what he wrote, this time. He typically is the king of twisting his statements until they are in pretzel form.

They’re all guilty of vaguebooking! Just say what you mean, FFS.

• Love 12
10 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

#SayingsofBin FIFY

LOL-I almost wrote it that way!

Now here's what I'm pondering given the "field of fucks" discussion we had some time back (was it on the Smugger thread?):

Doth slander grow where the fuck is absent?
#QuestionofTurquoise

• LOL 20