Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

1 hour ago, SMama said:

SGirl has a dark sense of humor but even I was taken aback by three year old Henry’s alleged comment. Then again the Bible is not a kid friendly book and we know J&B are into the wrath of a hateful God aspect. So sad to poison kids that way.

Luckily Jessa probably made that up.

• Useful 1
  • Love 9

I will say that I find it slightly refreshing that Jessa does celebrate her kid's uniquenesses.  Thinking about how she and her sisters pretty much raised the howlers and lost girls, they probably never thought of them and unique individuals since her parents pretty much wanted to raise identical robtics children for Christ.  I think Jessa feels Spurge is an Christian version of and Indigo child and thinks he's at a higher level that other kids, but he only comes across as a smart-ass little shit.

• Love 4
2 hours ago, ginger90 said:

“If we’re at someone’s house and someone has a hammer and nails, no banging it into someone’s head.”

😱😳

I find this disturbing, not something to be reported as cute. Jessa's "Sayings of" doesn't sound quite believable, but if real, she needs to talk to the kids rather than post about them.  The kids seem to be obsessed with odd things and are inappropriate and need some parental guidance.  But honestly, I don't know if Jessa is making things up or merely reporting.

• Love 18
1 hour ago, Suzn said:

I find this disturbing, not something to be reported as cute. Jessa's "Sayings of" doesn't sound quite believable, but if real, she needs to talk to the kids rather than post about them.  The kids seem to be obsessed with odd things and are inappropriate and need some parental guidance.  But honestly, I don't know if Jessa is making things up or merely reporting.

True - he sounds like a little Damien in the making 😂. Even though Spurgeon has always had Damien’s looks.

• LOL 8
  • Love 6
7 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I'm thinking that Jessa exaggerates for effect. An embellished grain of truth, if you will. 

I agree. And then the way she tries to put it in context makes it worse.

This might serve her better:

• Family at restaurant
  • Waitress: We appreciate you!
  • Spurgie: Only because we give you money!

But what might serve her best is to find some funny/cute/smart sayings that aren't rude and don't involve causing others harm.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Love 17

As someone who used to work retail and food service, Spurgeon's observation that the server only appreciated them because they were paying were was quite astute for a child. Not polite to say out loud, of course, but he wasn't wrong.  I would have struggled not to burst out laughing if that were directed towards me, because having to tell customer that I appreciate them would have eaten at my soul. 

• Love 9
12 minutes ago, lascuba said:

As someone who used to work retail and food service, Spurgeon's observation that the server only appreciated them because they were paying were was quite astute for a child. Not polite to say out loud, of course, but he wasn't wrong.  I would have struggled not to burst out laughing if that were directed towards me, because having to tell customer that I appreciate them would have eaten at my soul. 

That's why I question what Jessa tells the kids about money. It's obviously something beyond "This is a quarter, this a a dollar..."

• Love 9
8 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I agree. And then the way she tries to put it in context makes it worse.

This might serve her better:

• Family at restaurant
  • Waitress: We appreciate you!
  • Spurgie: Only because we give you money!

But what might serve her best is to find some funny/cute/smart sayings that aren't rude and don't involve causing others harm.

Even better - she stops posting nonsense. 

• Love 20
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

That's why I question what Jessa tells the kids about money. It's obviously something beyond "This is a quarter, this a a dollar..."

I have several young nieces/nephews/cousins and all us adults are constantly surprised/amused by they things that pop out of their mouths because we can't figure out where they picked up those things. It's probably something as simple as Spurgeon understanding that money means he can buy things he likes; they have to give money to people who serve them at restaurants; therefore, the server must appreciate them because they give her money. He's too young to understand the inanities required in customer service, so the appreciation expressed must be sincere to him, which means there must be a reason for the appreciation. I'm no expert in child development so I don't know if he's particularly precocious,  but it's a reasonable logical leap. 

Edited by lascuba
  • Love 4
50 minutes ago, lascuba said:

I have several young nieces/nephews/cousins and all us adults are constantly surprised/amused by they things that pop out of their mouths because we can't figure out where they picked up those things. It's probably something as simple as Spurgeon understanding that money means he can buy things he likes; they have to give money to people who serve them at restaurants; therefore, the server must appreciate them because they give her money. He's too young to understand the inanities required in customer service, so the appreciation expressed must be sincere to him, which means there must be a reason for the appreciation. I'm no expert in child development so I don't know if he's particularly precocious,  but it's a reasonable logical leap. 

I hear what you're saying, but I'm guessing your young relatives are exposed to friends, school, TV/commercials, maybe video games, etc. That's usually when older relatives are surprised, because the kids didn't get it from them.

Spurge is exposed to very little outside his circle. Two things I heard with his "sayings" - folks only appreciate others when there's a reward involved and you only need to pray for things that cost money. To me they sound like they have flavors of Ben and Jessa.

• Useful 2
  • Love 18
20 minutes ago, GeeGolly said:

Oh goodness, who had the pleasure of taking that picture?

And the second pic- was Ben punched in the eye?

Agreed on the first pic. So stupid. Methinks they do protest too much.

To your second question: a girl can dream?

• LOL 15
On 11/24/2021 at 1:57 PM, BitterApple said:

Spurgeon sounds like an obnoxious little shit. 

I think he sounds like a typical 5/6 year-old whose parents praise the obnoxious shit that comes out of his mouth just like a lot of other firstborn children.

• Love 22
1 hour ago, jcbrown said:

Agreed on the first pic. So stupid. Methinks they do protest too much.

To your second question: a girl can dream?

Jessa deserves it more. Am I going to hell? Oh wait, I don’t believe in that! 😂

• LOL 9

Jessa has always seemed to take pleasure in trying to outwit her followers with wonky timelines and teasing information. She has two big challenges ahead in making it as an influencer. One is overcoming her reputation as a manipulator and the other is her laziness. Just 'being Jessa' isn't going to cut it anymore. Even with Ben being half on board, doing breakfast with the kids and posing for ridiculous pictures, Jessa has a long way to go.

And none of that includes the unfair obstacle known as Josh.

• Love 12

Jessa is her own worst enemy in her attempts to become an influencer. From what I’ve read it takes a lot of time to set up what you’re posting, you can’t just show your kids flopping around in a messy house. She has a lot of followers but she’s got to do more to turn that into income. So far, not seeing it. She’s too haughty and lazy. Bin doesn’t seem to be 100% on board either.

• Love 18
11 minutes ago, ozziemom said:

Jessa is her own worst enemy in her attempts to become an influencer. From what I’ve read it takes a lot of time to set up what you’re posting, you can’t just show your kids flopping around in a messy house. She has a lot of followers but she’s got to do more to turn that into income. So far, not seeing it. She’s too haughty and lazy. Bin doesn’t seem to be 100% on board either.

Yeah, I think she has to count on her whole (positive) audience being super-Christians who are madly infatuated with her because she represented their brand on television.......She clearly has a lot of those now. But it seems her success probably depends on how long an infatuation like that lasts. I don't know what the statistics suggest about the ability to maintain the perks of fame by people who were featured in media other than social media and then fade to being pretty exclusively on social media. 

Hard to see how she could pick up much of a new audience of super-Christians in search of a "famous" person to identify with, now that she's off tv., since potential fans who didn't get to "know" her as part of the shows will now see hardly anything of her except in her social media. I suppose it's possible for her to pick up new fans that way, but she'll have to do it entirely with posts of her own that actually entice. She won't have the whole extended-family story to bring people in now. And that's what really super-powered her fame before. 

By far her most successful posts are about infants and, especially, newborns. And it's the successful posts that bring in the kind of money you can live on. So it looks like continuing to pump out kids might ultimately be key to making a go of it.

• Love 3
13 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Omg, when is the last time someone ran a vacuum over that thing? When Josie was born? 

Probably the last time TLC hired a cleaning crew ahead of a filming day. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 4