Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

On 12/22/2021 at 12:04 PM, Westiepeach said:

They wouldn't get it even if you explained it to them in simple terms!

I don't know what it means either.  I probably don't want to know as I'm still absorbing 'anal beads' and still don't know what sex act "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" is.  I long for the days when I wondered what that girl put in her milkshake to get so much attention, and why only the boys liked it and why the other girls were mad about it.

I feel so old, and I'm not in my 60's yet.

• LOL 17
  • Love 1
5 hours ago, Zahdii said:

I don't know what it means either.  I probably don't want to know as I'm still absorbing 'anal beads' and still don't know what sex act "My milkshake brings all the boys to the yard" is.  I long for the days when I wondered what that girl put in her milkshake to get so much attention, and why only the boys liked it and why the other girls were mad about it.

I feel so old, and I'm not in my 60's yet.

LOL

Me too. Although I'm a long way from thinking oral sex is 'talking dirty', I am afraid to use any fruit/vegetable emoji. And I'm not yet in my 60s.

• LOL 14
  • Love 1

Jessa did a "memories from 2021" video, although it seemed more like one week out of the year celebrating Spurge's birthday. The only Duggar shown was Michael, the rest was all Seewalds.

Henry seems to be the favorite kid of late. He is an absolute cutie.

• Useful 3
  • Love 4

Ok Jessa,  but if you don't pay any attention to them, how do you know what they are saying?

Reddit as a whole is a mess and I think it's probably healthier for celebrities to not seek out what people are saying about them, but you can avoid them or get snippy about them, you can't to the latter while claiming to do the former.

• Love 20

I think Jessa doesn't realize that in many ways the haters are just as important as the humpers. If half the people talking about her go away, she ceases to exist. 

If you look at Jessa's YouTube, what gets her the most attention? Her birth videos. People like watching babies, not older kids. Once she stops popping them out, her fans will get bored and move on. 

• Love 18
1 minute ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jessa doesn't realize that in many ways the haters are just as important as the humpers. If half the people talking about her go away, she ceases to exist. 

I'd say haters are more important in the Duggars' case, at least in online spaces. I've noticed that spaces reserved for haters get a lot more engagement, with fans insisting on infiltrating instead of staying in places with rules that are friendly to the Duggars. Without the haters, there'd be nothing for the humpers to respond to, and soon only a handful of the super dedicated would even comment of the Duggars' social media posts.

• Useful 4
  • Love 15
6 hours ago, BitterApple said:

I think Jessa doesn't realize that in many ways the haters are just as important as the humpers

Even Kate Gosselin said she didn't care if the haters watched the show as long as they watched. Jessa has to realize getting attention is what matters whether it's positive or negative She should worry when there's no attention.

• Love 11
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

Jessa and Bin have such a limited, confined little life in a little crowded house. How are they living life to the fullest? She has no idea how pathetic that statement seems.

Ah , you forget the expansive joy of reading the Book of Judges, KJV, aloud to a group of pre-school-age children every couple months or so. 

And intensively coaching them to recite Psalm 1 "from memory" while being unable to correctly pronounce half the words in it, or understand any of them. 

• LOL 9
  • Love 8
49 minutes ago, Churchhoney said:

Ah , you forget the expansive joy of reading the Book of Judges, KJV, aloud to a group of pre-school-age children every couple months or so. 

And intensively coaching them to recite Psalm 1 "from memory" while being unable to correctly pronounce half the words in it, or understand any of them. 

I bet Bin doesn’t really believe that he’s living life to the fullest 🤣.

• LOL 3
  • Love 10
1 hour ago, Cinnabon said:

I bet Bin doesn’t really believe that he’s living life to the fullest 🤣.

Yep. For some reason it looks like Mike and Guinn weren't as good as JB and M at training their kids to lie to themselves with absolute thoroughness. 😁  

• Love 8
1 hour ago, laurakaye said:

What on earth is happening in the second photo?

Yeah I never watched the video it's from, but this screenshot from Reddit has been engrained on my brain since I first saw it a couple of weeks ago. It looks like a picture they'd keep showing on a Dateline special. 

Edited by Zella
  • LOL 18
On 1/6/2022 at 3:03 PM, laurakaye said:

What on earth is happening in the second photo?

I'd ask what on earth is happening in the first photo, but that's clearly Bin attempting to steal several boxes of coffee while working undercover as an Amish detective, so I'm good there.

😂

Thanks for the completely spontaneous and genuine guffaw. 

• Love 10
On 12/26/2021 at 10:11 PM, emmawoodhouse said:

Isn't Eyebrows McGee working as a hairdresser? I think the married girl (Michelle?) also works. But I guess they work in acceptably female professions. 🙄

Danielle is a hair dresser. Both Michelle and Jessica are married. Jessica remarried after her divorce.

• Useful 1
33 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

They're moving. House is pretty much a total gut job.

It looks ok to me, a little dated, but clean and the floors and walls are in decent shape.  It sounds like they're doing major renovations though; removing walls and raising floors, etc.  They are rewiring and adding insulation, too, which seems like a good idea.  Jessa also claims they are using their 'savings' to pay for the renovations.  Sure, Jessa.

Like every other young homebuyer these days, she wants 'open concept' which is the last thing I'd want with 4 kids, but to each their own.  Jessa says that, once it is done, they will have twice the square footage as they have in the mold house which seems like the minimum most people would want with 4 kids and counting.

Jessa is threatening another video where she shows us all the amazing design ideas she and Jana have planned.  I hope she's got enough shelves to hang potted plants above all the beds.

The initial video is dated in June, so the project must be just about done by now.  Also, the house has 3 bedrooms.  One for boys, one for girls and one for mom and dad.  Although the bedrooms look to be nice sized and I don't have any objection to a couple of kids sharing a room, that still seems a bit small  to me.

Edited by Rootbeer
  • Love 9
11 minutes ago, Rootbeer said:

The initial video is dated in June, so the project must be just about done by now.  Also, the house has 3 bedrooms.  One for boys, one for girls and one for mom and dad.  Although the bedrooms look to be nice sized and I don't have any objection to a couple of kids sharing a room, that still seems a bit small  to me.

I think it's going to end up being 4 bedrooms - she showed us 3 bedrooms and then showed the sort-of outdoor area that they're enclosing/converting into a master bedroom/bathroom. If it turns out to be just 3 bedrooms, then I agree that's small for a family of their size, and growing.

• Love 15

i find nothing as far as a new home for the Seewalds in either Washington or Benton county property records

if they have an Llc they have hidden it well. I haven't found one in their names. nor under acct Jimmy Burns, where Austin has his, or under Travis Story who holds the agent registration for Jed's car lot.

possibly they have it under some weird name under Registered Agants llc - that's where I found Dwain Swanson's Swanson Properties llc.

Edited by crazy8s
  • Useful 10
12 minutes ago, OpieTaylor said:

I think it's going to end up being 4 bedrooms - she showed us 3 bedrooms and then showed the sort-of outdoor area that they're enclosing/converting into a master bedroom/bathroom. If it turns out to be just 3 bedrooms, then I agree that's small for a family of their size, and growing.

I'm sure you're right, I was zoning out a little while watching it.  Even 4 bedrooms is not huge presuming they continue to have a kid every couple of years.  Jessa is 29 now, she should be able to at least double the number of kids by the time she is 40.

• Love 4

When was Fern born? Jessa was clearly pregnant in the video.

It will be a 4 bedroom 2 bath home. The laundry room will be in a huge closet off the *parents' bedroom. The parents' bedroom, laundry room, bathroom is a total add on. The dining room is a former garage. Kids' bedrooms one end, parents' other end, the rest of the house in the middle. It looks like a 1970s ranch style home. Not too different then what they're in now. And Jessa, so sneaky going to black and white while picking out the flooring and countertops. I hope she keeps up with trends - white kitchens are out, as is all shades of greige. 

Really its almost a little tiny mini version of the first floor of the TTH.

*I believe the term master is no longer PC for bedrooms. If I'm remembering correctly, the new term is primary, I defaulted to parent.

Edited by GeeGolly
  • Useful 1
  • Love 8
9 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

sure Jessa - that's way Jase and his friend "Jack" Bates are there doing all the work......daddy has no involvement giving the free labor for a reno

I believe her that she and Ben paid for the house and for the renovations with money they earned from the show and her social media. They haven’t had a mortgage or even a car payment for over five years so I see no reason why they shouldn’t have enough money saved up for this house.  

I’m also guessing she’s paying Jase and “Jack” for the labor. I would guess Jase has own LLC and limited contractor’s license. He likely gave her a steep discount and then will use these videos and/or pictures in the future to show potential clients what he is capable of. There is no way Gil Bates is allowing his son to do work for free when he could be back in Tennessee helping the Gil with his tree business. 

I’m actually happy for her and her kids. This house is twice the size of their current one and I’m sure will be much more comfortable for everyone. 

• LOL 1
  • Love 7

Did Jessa sell the Mold House? If so she probably has enough between that and savings to redo the house. If Boob bought it for her to compensate for Joshgate 3.0, I'm not gonna judge. 

The property itself looks nice and I'm excited for the kids to have more space. If there's four bedrooms, maybe one will be a dedicated schoolroom? 

With regards to Jana, I don't think she's quite as talented with design as the family wants us to believe. I would've actually pegged Lauren to help me. She has a clean, simple style and seems to do well with planning and organization. 

Bin was absent from all the videos. I'm guessing he's not very handy. 

• Love 12
7 minutes ago, Fallacy said:

I believe her that she and Ben paid for the house and for the renovations with money they earned from the show and her social media. They haven’t had a mortgage or even a car payment for over five years so I see no reason why they shouldn’t have enough money saved up for this house.  

I’m also guessing she’s paying Jase and “Jack” for the labor. I would guess Jase has own LLC and limited contractor’s license. He likely gave her a steep discount and then will use these videos and/or pictures in the future to show potential clients what he is capable of. There is no way Gil Bates is allowing his son to do work for free when he could be back in Tennessee helping the Gil with his tree business. 

I’m actually happy for her and her kids. This house is twice the size of their current one and I’m sure will be much more comfortable for everyone. 

since Jase has been building houses on his brothers' llc owned lots for 2 years that Joe has been selling for $300,000 to $450,000, I doubt he needs Jessa's reno for a reference.

mold house has not been listed or sold per Washington county property records

• Useful 6

If Jessa plans to have more kids, this house is a waste of money(unless it's on a lot of land where they can expand. Even if they do make a 4th bedroom, when she has 6 more kids piled in there, 4 bedrooms isn't going to do a damn thing. Also, if they put "their savings" into this, why not build a house or buy one newly built? I don't know what homes cost in Arkansas, but here, it would cost about the same to buy new or bulid new as it is to renovate as much as they are doing. The renovation would probably cost more.

Edited by Madtown
  • Love 4
17 minutes ago, ScorpioSoul said:

Pardon my ignorance, but who is this Jack Bates and why are you putting Jack in quotes? Confused.

Jackson Bates - I have never, ever heard him referred to as Jack before by either the Bates' or the Duggars, but in the video jase says I have my friend Jack Bates here to help raise this beam....

• Useful 4
55 minutes ago, BitterApple said:

Did Jessa sell the Mold House? If so she probably has enough between that and savings to redo the house. If Boob bought it for her to compensate for Joshgate 3.0, I'm not gonna judge. 

The property itself looks nice and I'm excited for the kids to have more space. If there's four bedrooms, maybe one will be a dedicated schoolroom? 

With regards to Jana, I don't think she's quite as talented with design as the family wants us to believe. I would've actually pegged Lauren to help me. She has a clean, simple style and seems to do well with planning and organization. 

Bin was absent from all the videos. I'm guessing he's not very handy. 

I bet the mold house goes to Jer next.

55 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

since Jase has been building houses on his brothers' llc owned lots for 2 years that Joe has been selling for $300,000 to $450,000, I doubt he needs Jessa's reno for a reference.

mold house has not been listed or sold per Washington county property records

Is Joe actually the realtor who sold these houses? 

• Love 2
12 minutes ago, crazy8s said:

Jackson Bates - I have never, ever heard him referred to as Jack before by either the Bates' or the Duggars, but in the video jase says I have my friend Jack Bates here to help raise this beam....

They seem to think these shorter nicknames make them more “manly” or something lol. No need to shorten “Jason” imo.

Edited by Cinnabon
  • Love 2
2 hours ago, crazy8s said:

i find nothing as far as a new home for the Seewalds in either Washington or Benton county property records

if they have an Llc they have hidden it well. I haven't found one in their names. nor under acct Jimmy Burns, where Austin has his, or under Travis Story who holds the agent registration for Jed's car lot.

possibly they have it under some weird name under Registered Agants llc - that's where I found Dwain Swanson's Swanson Properties llc.

It's the Pastor house at Immanuel Baptist in Springdale. So yeah, I guess Jessa is "standing on her own two feet" or whatever she said. 

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Useful 4
  • LOL 15
27 minutes ago, Cinnabon said:

I bet the mold house goes to Jer next.

Is Joe actually the realtor who sold these houses? 

his listings show 3 houses currently for sale. two on lots owned by dwain swanson and the other filtered through Josiah's Milagro Designs to the guy who was accused of illegal campaign donations to a certain candidate in 2020.

of his 20 or so houses that he claims to to have sold. I can trace most back to either Dwain Swanson's Swanson Properties, one or the other Duggar brother Llcs or their sweet friends the Day family. Also one that was on an Austin Llc property.

you all can look up Joe Duggar current listings. he is registered as a Broker with Good Neighbor realty.  office address is that little building in front of the TTH next to the warehouse.  though he possibly has an office also in Bella Vista now since that is where all the brothers' llc and Dwain have been buying property. The houses seem to have been sold to non duggar entities.

• Useful 7
  • Love 2
58 minutes ago, IndianPaintbrush said:

"We stand on our own two feet." Welllll....is that entirely accurate? We all know how much her parents have helped them out. It's great if they were able to purchase the home on their own, but defensive much?

I mean Jim Bob exploited his kids to make all that TLC money, plus the girls “wrote” a bunch of books. Any “help” he gives them is more like giving them access to funds they were already owed, but he’s so controlling, he made sure that they couldn’t survive without his generosity. 

• Love 11

The mold house is in Jessa and Ben's names, right? I'm wondering if they're renting it out instead of selling. If they used up savings for a new house and renovations, it would be a smart move to have a source of steady income. 

I don't have a strong opinion on whether JB is bankrolling this in anyway. I'm inclined to think that while he's "generous" with property for the newlyweds, he wouldn't continue to support the married kids without some kind of exchange; but I could easily be convince otherwise. 

51 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

It's the Pastor house at Immanuel Baptist in Springdale. So yeah, I guess Jessa is "standing on her own two feet" or whatever she said. 

Really? If that's true and Jessa and Ben are putting their own money into renovating a house they don't own, that would be really stupid. Which means it's probably true. 

• LOL 7
  • Love 12