Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

I couldn’t get passed Ivy saying that Fern was sucking her fingers, then she touched all over Ferns face with her fingers… then Ivy digs around in her nose and Jessa turned the camera and started talking about Spurgeon….. she does that all the time when Ivy picks her nose and eats it 🤮

I suspect Ivy let’s Fern suck her fingers on purpose. 

• Love 3

I know no one here is a fan of Katie Joy but her recent remark about a photo of Ben is good.  She had a collage of photos at JB's recent get-together for his candidacy.  One shows Ben and Jesse.  Both standing on the side.  Ben has his hands in his pockets and his shoulders hunched up.  She notes how uncomfortable he looks.  She says he looks like "I'm just here for the new house that Jim Bob promised us."

• Useful 3
  • LOL 14

I keep thinking back to when Spurgion was opening the walkie talkie birthday gift in the empty TTH.  I swear I heard a newborn's cry.  I don't know his birth date and I don't know if Madyson was born yet but what other new baby's crying could it have been?

• Useful 5
3 hours ago, louannems said:

I keep thinking back to when Spurgion was opening the walkie talkie birthday gift in the empty TTH.  I swear I heard a newborn's cry.  I don't know his birth date and I don't know if Madyson was born yet but what other new baby's crying could it have been?

Madyson was born towards the end of October, Spurgeon's birthday is November 4.  So, it could very well have been her crying.

• Useful 7
1 minute ago, Rootbeer said:

Madyson was born towards the end of October, Spurgeon's birthday is November 4.  So, it could very well have been her crying.

Very possible. A few of Anna's kids were in the video. Anna was probably off-camera since she hadn't announced yet.

• Useful 1
1 hour ago, Nysha said:

And in my area they're paying between $14.50 - $17.00/hr starting wage.

Emphasis on  STARTING wage.  All of the fast food places here have signs out, and are paying high starting salaries.  Not much excuse for not having a job right now.

• Useful 1
  • Love 5
46 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I would have been MORTIFIED if my kid said this. What has Jessa been teaching these kids about money???

FB_IMG_1637788825058.jpg

Gosh, I think I'd've proudly published it for a couple million people to see. \s  Not. Talk about cringeworthy.....Yikes. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 18
45 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

I would have been MORTIFIED if my kid said this. What has Jessa been teaching these kids about money???

FB_IMG_1637788825058.jpg

They're proud of him saying it or she wouldn't have put it out on social media.

• Love 18
13 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

As I noted in my OP, I question what they're being taught.

Makes me wonder if B and J are subliminally worried sick about money but don't openly admit it.......So they respond instead by sniping and snarling about anything they have to pay for and anybody they have to pay. 

Of course, if that did happen to be the problem, then Jessa should polish up her cooking and shopping skills to the point where they can easily eat well and more cheaply at home.

.I expect one part of the issue is also Jessa's own apparent discomfort being around people she doesn't know really well -- and a matching lack of social skills that she could even impart to her kids. And the kids probably have little contact with strangers or even acquaintances. So J doesn't see any reason to teach them even the minimum requirements for how to interact with "outsiders" (whom she doesn't like anyway, no matter who they are, I'd imagine)

21 minutes ago, crazycatlady58 said:

Sadly that is what he has been taught.  Kids repeat what they hear.

Yep. And proudly labeled  Sayings of Spurgeon and Seewald Kids Say....

She's not shy at all about owning it. 

I guess I don't underestimate her after all. 🙂

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Useful 1
  • Love 13

Yeah, these kids have no clue how to act with strangers. They're in their insular bubble almost all the time, so Jessa doesn't seem to have gotten around to stuff like tact. Spurge is old enough to be able to restrain himself for the most part. But he likely gets praise for his clever witticisms, so he sees no need to be quiet.

Edited by emmawoodhouse
  • Love 12
3 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

FB_IMG_1637788825058.jpg

This post also gives us a nice demonstration of Jessa's limited vocabulary. She and Ben didn't smile "cordially" at their son. Not only does she lack the skills necessary to describe a pretty innocuous interaction, but she's not even aware of the issue. She spent time putting this post together and choosing her words, and how she wanted to frame this -- and this was the best she could do.

That, and haha, it's hilarious that she's not teaching her child how to behave in public. Oh, haha, that Spurgeon! Haha, maybe he'll grow up into an entitled little princling first-born like his Uncle Josh!

• Love 16
10 hours ago, beckie said:

They're proud of him saying it or she wouldn't have put it out on social media.

I don’t believe Spurgeon said this never mind all the other “sayings of spurgeon” she posts, we’ve seen him on the show he doesn’t really say much, definitely not these sayings that she posts anyway. 

• Useful 1
  • LOL 2
  • Love 3

Ben & Jessa don't really 'work' for their money. These people who get up, leave their homes every day actually WORK for their income. I agree that Spurgeon is getting out of hand with his 'wisdom-like' comments. Ben needs a real grown-up job and Jessa needs to learn how to meal plan and COOK. Send you kids to an actual school, Jessa. They are too insulated.

• Love 14
12 hours ago, cmr2014 said:

This post also gives us a nice demonstration of Jessa's limited vocabulary. She and Ben didn't smile "cordially" at their son. Not only does she lack the skills necessary to describe a pretty innocuous interaction, but she's not even aware of the issue. She spent time putting this post together and choosing her words, and how she wanted to frame this -- and this was the best she could do.

That, and haha, it's hilarious that she's not teaching her child how to behave in public. Oh, haha, that Spurgeon! Haha, maybe he'll grow up into an entitled little princling first-born like his Uncle Josh!

And not once, while putting in all that effort, did Jessa or Ben realize the entire scene demonstrates what  bratty behavior Spurgie was displaying.

• Love 23

Spurgeon does sound like an obnoxious little shit. But he's just turned six, and his mother's been training him to be an obnoxious little shit, day in and day out for years now. And it seems Bin never steps in to steer things in a different direction. 

Jessa gives him positive attention whenever he says pretentious crap for the camera. I feel really bad for the obnoxious little shit. He didn't start this accelerating train.,,,,.And it's likely to really bite him in the ass if he ever has to mingle with other people, young or old.....So I suppose it's actually good that he may not ever have to do that. 😟

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 7
7 hours ago, FizzyPuff said:

I don’t believe Spurgeon said this never mind all the other “sayings of spurgeon” she posts, we’ve seen him on the show he doesn’t really say much, definitely not these sayings that she posts anyway. 

💯 agree. She makes all of it up. The biggest liar of them all.

• LOL 3
  • Love 4
30 minutes ago, Suzn said:

If Spurgeon is really saying this stuff, he is hearing too much about money at home.

Except Jessa probably doesn’t see it as a fixation. To Jessa her first born penis is a cute sayings fountain of fun. 

I agree Spurgeon could be hearing too much talk about money. But sometimes kids come up with some non existent worries. When SGirl was in kindergarten she was hyper aware about the gas gauge. Once it hit 3/4 of a tank she would urge me to please top up the tank. We explained it was not an issue but she kept fretting. For quite a while we made sure we never had less than 3/4 of a tank to ease that particular worry.

Given Volderjosh is once again draining the family coffers Jessa and her siblings made possible, I can see Jessa being less than sweet about it and venting to Bin. If there only was a way a person with a four year university degree could do to support his family. Any ideas? 😉

• Useful 1
  • Love 11
Just now, beckie said:

Ivy doesn't look like a vagabond in those pictures.

Because Gwin and her daughters are taking care of the kids. It’s good to see someone wearing an apron while actually cooking.

• Love 13
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Spurgeon has a fixation on money, according to Jessa. And who told him the bread was free? He didn't know that on his own. 

FB_IMG_1637871098360.jpg

Okay, so that's weird stuff about money and weird stuff about praying.

Maybe Jessa oughta start talking about things with Spurgeon more and rushing online to report his sometimes distressing comments less. 

And Bin should talk more with the kids in ways they can understand instead of reading the KJV to them constantly. 

Or, alternately, if Jessa's making any or all of this stuff up in the belief that it's cute or funny or interesting, she should stop right now. Of course, since this is how she and Bin plan for her to make their living from now on, she won't. 

Edited by Churchhoney
  • Love 13
1 hour ago, SMama said:

Because Gwin and her daughters are taking care of the kids. It’s good to see someone wearing an apron while actually cooking.

I shudder to think what Spurgeon is hearing this thanksgiving from Crazy Q Guinn. 😢😡   On second thought, it can’t be much worse than what he hears daily from hateful JB and Meshelle. 

Edited by Cinnabon
1 minute ago, ginger90 said:

“If we’re at someone’s house and someone has a hammer and nails, no banging it into someone’s head.”

😱😳

But if someone raises their hammer at you first, you can go ahead and kill them.

• LOL 6
26 minutes ago, ginger90 said:

“If we’re at someone’s house and someone has a hammer and nails, no banging it into someone’s head.”

😱😳

SGirl has a dark sense of humor but even I was taken aback by three year old Henry’s alleged comment. Then again the Bible is not a kid friendly book and we know J&B are into the wrath of a hateful God aspect. So sad to poison kids that way.

• Love 2
14 minutes ago, SMama said:

SGirl has a dark sense of humor but even I was taken aback by three year old Henry’s alleged comment. Then again the Bible is not a kid friendly book and we know J&B are into the wrath of a hateful God aspect. So sad to poison kids that way.

Henry is almost 5. 

• Useful 3
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Maybe Jessa oughta start talking about things with Spurgeon more and rushing online to report his sometimes distressing comments less. 

And Bin should talk more with the kids in ways they can understand instead of reading the KJV to them constantly. 

Or, alternately, if Jessa's making any or all of this stuff up in the belief that it's cute or funny or interesting, she should stop right now. Of course, since this is how she and Bin plan for her to make their living from now on, she won't. 

Some people might say that Spurgeon is a “weird” child, meaning that he doesn’t always act like a typical child.  I get it.  When others are asked to describe me as a child, “precocious” is the word most often used, and I would describe Spurgeon as precocious.  I understand that it seems like Spurgeon is an obnoxious little shit, but I don’t think he can help himself.  He is what he is, and it’s his parent’s job to teach him what’s appropriate in public and what’s not.  I do think he’s very smart, and it breaks my heart that he’ll never receive the education that he deserves.

• Useful 3
  • Love 15
2 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

I don’t think Ben has a clue about how to properly interact with a child.  He’s as thick as a brick when it comes to that, which is more than sad since it’s looking like he’s going to have many. 🙁

• Love 3