Type keyword(s) to search

Jessa, Ben and Their Brood: Making a (Diaper) Mountain out of a Mold House

Message added by Scarlett45

The Duggars post about politics on social media frequently, but these social media posts are not an invitation to discuss politics here in this forum. This rule extends to Duggar adjacent families, friends, associates etc. Such discussions are a violation of the Politics Policy. 

I understand with recent current events there may be a desire to discuss certain social media postings of those in the Duggar realm as they relate to politics- this is not the place for those discussions. If you believe someone has violated forum rules, report them, do not respond or engage.

• Start Topic

4 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Ivy too. Jessa is letting her hair grow out. I don't know how it's not a tangled mess of "tousled" curls. 

She really should just cut Ivy's hair. She appears to have very fine hair (like Josie), and that's very difficult to care for when it's long. Since Jessa has zero interest in caring for her children's grooming (outside of photo shoots), it would just make sense to keep it short.

Obviously, that will never happen, because somehow it would make Jesus cry to see a girl with short hair.

• LOL 1
  • Love 15
On 11/30/2021 at 11:33 AM, Ohiopirate02 said:

In Jessa's defense, it is fall and the colors look appropriate with the leaves.  

I rather like the color scheme...it sort of gives the vibe of a sepia-tone photo while still allowing for a bit of color. I suppose that's why it seems to be pretty popular in general. It probably photographs well.

• Love 13
1 hour ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

I rather like the color scheme...it sort of gives the vibe of a sepia-tone photo while still allowing for a bit of color. I suppose that's why it seems to be pretty popular in general. It probably photographs well.

I do, too. The only thing I would have done differently is put Spurgeon in a darker sweater so he and Fern don't blend into each other.

And I know I'm in the minority, but I like Spurgeon and Henry's tousled/messy curled locks. I would like them, and Ivy's hair, better if Jessa would properly groom her children regularly, though.

• Love 12
17 hours ago, Jynnan tonnix said:

Plus, it has the nostalgia feel.....the old sepia-toned stuff....Makes everybody think we're in the good old days -- when we believe, contrary to all reason, that things were wonderful. 😁

• Love 9
On 11/30/2021 at 8:54 AM, awaken said:

I actually like the photos!  Fern has a different look than the rest of the family. 

She reminds me of Ruby Bentall, the woman who played Verity in Poldark. They don't actually look alike (I just checked.) They both have old-fashioned looking faces, if that makes any sense?

• Love 3
3 hours ago, Dehumidifier said:

She reminds me of Ruby Bentall, the woman who played Verity in Poldark. They don't actually look alike (I just checked.) They both have old-fashioned looking faces, if that makes any sense?

I agree, plus you may have just provided a name for JinJer's next daughter - Verity.

• LOL 1
  • Love 2
9 hours ago, Churchhoney said:

Plus, it has the nostalgia feel.....the old sepia-toned stuff....Makes everybody think we're in the good old days -- when we believe, contrary to all reason, that things were wonderful. 😁

What WAS wonderful was the lack of awareness of these kinds of attention seeking famewhores. In some ways, ignorance is bliss!

• Love 4
1 hour ago, iwantcookies said:

Life before smart phones and internet was bliss to me!

I love the Internet because I love to read and it's basically a free library,  but I have a love/hate relationship with my phone. I also have a love/hate relationship with Social Media. 

• Love 6
5 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I made it 3 minutes. It was all fuck you Ben and friend until then. Did it get any better?

Your instinct to turn it off was correct. I didn't get much further, but it was bs like you can't be right with Jesus until you cast away your sin of homosexual attraction. The usual fundie crap. 

Interesting that he held onto this until the trial. It was filmed at the same conference as his first video that he posted around a month (maybe 2?) ago. 

• Useful 6
2 hours ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Your instinct to turn it off was correct. I didn't get much further, but it was bs like you can't be right with Jesus until you cast away your sin of homosexual attraction. The usual fundie crap. 

Interesting that he held onto this until the trial. It was filmed at the same conference as his first video that he posted around a month (maybe 2?) ago. 

Gotta get out there and remind people that there are far worse sexual sins than the ones Josh is being falsely accused of here. Not that Bin has the slightest clue of what he is being accused of.  😬

• Useful 1
  • Love 4
7 minutes ago, Westiepeach said:

Screen Shot 2021-12-10 at 1.34.36 PM.png

Reads very similar in tone to other statements coming from the family. 

The last line might point to a possible pulling of punches so as not to salt wounds.   Anna's?  JB & M's? 

• Love 2

It is Jessa’s trauma to address or not as she sees fit. She owes us nothing. I think what most of us see as bitchiness is her reaction to that trauma. Trauma that she was forced to share with the world against her will. Everyone processes trauma differently and there is no right way.  I think a lot of her attitude during the Megyn Kelly interview was that she just did not want to talk about it and was being forced to address it publicly. She clearly wanted to be left alone. I get it - I do not like sharing and get can get brittle and withdrawn when pushed and impatient with emotional people. 

The fact that she, Jill, Joy, and Jinger all seem to be aligned is promising that she has heard the unvarnished truth (possibly for the first time)  Again though, she owes us nothing.

• Useful 1
  • Love 19

Granted, I haven't read the entire internet on this topic, but the general tone seems to be more understanding towards Jana and blaming everyone else. People are talking about it because, yes, 19 Convicts and Counting has a nice ring to it, but also, since NO ONE HAS SAID WHAT HAPPENED, there's nothing to do but snarkily speculate. So good call, Jessa, on clarifying that a kid slipped out the door. You could have left it at that without the overwrought defense of The Amazing Jana. 

• LOL 6
  • Love 10
34 minutes ago, Tuxcat said:

I put this in the Jana thread too. Wasn't sure where it should go. 

Screen Shot 2021-12-13 at 10.17.15 PM.png

Keep crying, Jessa.

19 minutes ago, emmawoodhouse said:

Responded to it in the other thread, but it bears repeating that Jessa chose to be in the public eye for (supposed) compensation. 

Exactly. They want it both ways. To stay famous and over share, except for the things that may reflect negatively on them. Sorry, you can’t have your cake and eat it too.

• LOL 4
  • Love 19

I would have cut Jessa some slack, just thinking she was displaying some misdirected anger after a tough couple of weeks, but that last line was a bit too much.

Bullies are always the most sensitive to criticism.

• Love 24
On 12/12/2021 at 4:45 PM, Insert Username said:

It is Jessa’s trauma to address or not as she sees fit. She owes us nothing. I think what most of us see as bitchiness is her reaction to that trauma. Trauma that she was forced to share with the world against her will. Everyone processes trauma differently and there is no right way.  I think a lot of her attitude during the Megyn Kelly interview was that she just did not want to talk about it and was being forced to address it publicly. She clearly wanted to be left alone. I get it - I do not like sharing and get can get brittle and withdrawn when pushed and impatient with emotional people. 

This is what I believe, also. While I agree that her attitude is everything that has been mentioned here, she has unhealed childhood trauma. Bobye Holt stated that Josh confessed to sexually abusing the girls starting when he was 12 and lasting until he was 15. I don't for one minute believe all of the girls were asleep all of the time, so between 9 and 12 Jessa was being molested while sleeping/pretending to sleep. Her childhood was spent taking care of siblings, being abused physically, emotionally, and educationally abused by her parents, and learning that her only worth was being a brood mare for the correct Jesus. 

While the coping mechanisms she used to survive as a child are not helping her as an adult who wants to be a social media influencer, I don't expect they're going to go away b/c she's still just surviving. 

Edited by Nysha
  • Useful 3
  • Love 20
3 hours ago, GeeGolly said:

I wouldn't be surprised if she was sitting in the TTH when she posted it.

Absolutely. The sisters use Jessa as their heavy so they could keep up their "sweet" images that even people who supposedly hate their patriarchal beliefs eat up. Like when Jinger pretended that Jessa made all the decorating decisions after she noticed that Jeremy hated what they did with his apartment. 

I don't see Jessa's statement--tone deaf and out-of-proportion as it was--as a sign of her being a bully. She's angry and is lashing out at all the criticism thrown at her family. If Anna and Jill get pass after pass for their bullshit because "brainwashed!", I don't see why Jessa isn't allowed to have unsuppressed emotions during what is an obviously extremely stressful time. 

• Love 16